PDA

View Full Version : Shockey rushed to hospital

Giantsfan1080
05-24-2009, 07:01 PM
NFL star Jeremy Shockey was taken out of the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas by stretcher and taken to a nearby hospital.

Sources at the hotel tell TMZ Shockey was at Rehab -- the ironic name of the Sunday pool party at the Hard Rock -- when he was found unconscious at around 2:00 PM. The call went out to the Las Vegas Fire Department and he was taken out via stretcher. Paramedics tried to cover him up so onlookers -- including a TV camera crew -- couldn't ID him.

Story developing ...

from tmz.com

Gay Ork Wang
05-24-2009, 07:06 PM
i hope he is okay :/

diabsoule
05-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Isn't that lovely?

CC.SD
05-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Sounds like alcohol poisoning. Shockey is hardcore, he'll be fine.

Giantsfan1080
05-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Sounds like alcohol poisoning. Shockey is hardcore, he'll be fine.

I don't know. Shockey is hardcore so I find it hard to believe he got alcohol poisoning. The man knows how to drink. Honestly I guess there really is nothing else though unless it was drug related.

Brent
05-24-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm sure he was just drunk and passed out.

Mr. Hero
05-24-2009, 07:51 PM
That doesn't sound like shockey though. He seems like the guy who'll be swaying unbelievably and still be yelling at his buddies that they need to do another round. I just can't picture shockey passed out at 2 pm.

Seamus2602
05-24-2009, 08:05 PM
ESPN.com is reporting it as dehydration.

BaLLiN
05-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Isn't that lovely?

lol sorry diab

diabsoule
05-24-2009, 08:23 PM
ESPN.com is reporting it as dehydration.

from drinking too much alcohol.

I just went ahead and said what ESPN didn't want to say.

Mr. Hero
05-24-2009, 08:35 PM
from drinking too much alcohol.

I just went ahead and said what ESPN didn't want to say.

must have been a helluva morning for an ox like shockey to end up passed out by 2.

BuddyCHRIST
05-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Shockey definitely has a rep of partying, probably other things besides alcohol unfortunately. Dehydration is a load of crap.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Handle your liquor better buddy.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
05-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Glad that's all it was.

I don't think I could handle hearing that another former 'Cane had prematurely passed away.

Vikes99ej
05-24-2009, 10:30 PM
What a *****.

Mr. Hero
05-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Am I the only one who thinks he just forgot to get some OJ to go with his rolls?

superman
05-24-2009, 10:55 PM
he pulled a harvin lol

05-24-2009, 10:58 PM
he pulled a harvin lol

For completely different reasons, of course. Shockey is still a champ. 2 PM? Seriously?

Brent
05-24-2009, 11:19 PM
I know you are all making a deal about 2pm but who says he wasnt continuing from the night before? I wouldnt be shocked if he never went to sleep and just drank all night and into the next day.

Mr. Hero
05-24-2009, 11:25 PM
I know you are all making a deal about 2pm but who says he wasnt continuing from the night before? I wouldnt be shocked if he never went to sleep and just drank all night and into the next day.

true, although 2pm is still a very weird crash time, usual you'll either crash before then, or everyone else will leaving you to drink alone, or you'll somehow manage to soldier through until the ensuing midnight. 2pm is just a really weird hour to pass out at from only alcohol.

Brent
05-24-2009, 11:33 PM
true, although 2pm is still a very weird crash time, usual you'll either crash before then, or everyone else will leaving you to drink alone, or you'll somehow manage to soldier through until the ensuing midnight. 2pm is just a really weird hour to pass out at from only alcohol.
factor in that desert sun and it's a real drain on your energy

CJSchneider
05-24-2009, 11:34 PM
This year is already starting full of suck. First Arnoux, now Shockey - just ******* great.

Addict
05-25-2009, 04:57 AM
This year is already starting full of suck. First Arnoux, now Shockey - just ******* great.

bright side is it can only get better.

Kurve
05-25-2009, 05:21 AM
being that im from vegas i know REHAB all too well people get carted out for dehydration all the time yes its due to drinking ist the the full problem you can drink your normal limit here in vegas in this 100+ degree sun with an over packed crowed and that is what will happen Shockey isnt the only one that left that day guaranteed every sunday numerous people get carted out of their due to the same problem.

You havent been to Rehab yet then lol....and vegas is never to early or to late to get your drink on.....Rehab will F you up if you arnt careful out there.

LizardState
05-25-2009, 07:21 AM

Our Aggie friend is probably right, the hardcore drinkers keep on imbibing after 2 AM then right on to the next 2 PM, my 1st thought as well. I have friends in Ada, OK, Shockey's hometown, & they say he's famous throughout Oklahoma & the NFL for his hollow leg.

And putting that much liquor away not only effs up your liver, kidneys, etc. but it dehydrates you too, especially when combined with the Vegas desert triple-digit temperatures, dyathink....

If they got him to the ER & pumped him up with an IV or 2 of fluids he s/b fine. Update -- And indeed he was:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4203459

diabsoule
05-25-2009, 10:59 AM

you also forgot that the league upheld the Starcaps suspensions so Grant & Smith are out for the first 4 games of the season.

Yeah, this year already blows and we haven't even seen the Saints on the field yet.

CJSchneider
05-25-2009, 12:00 PM
you also forgot that the league upheld the Starcaps suspensions so Grant & Smith are out for the first 4 games of the season.

Yeah, this year already blows and we haven't even seen the Saints on the field yet.

This is true. FML

awfullyquiet
05-25-2009, 12:36 PM
good news is is that you have drew brees. quarterbacking extrodinaire.

edit: did i just jinx it?

CJSchneider
05-25-2009, 01:07 PM
good news is is that you have drew brees. quarterbacking extrodinaire.

edit: did i just jinx it?

You *****, LOL. Ha ha that's funny.

Seriously though, if he goes down - you go down.

Addict
05-25-2009, 01:16 PM

did you just announce the fact that you're gonna force AQ to go down on you?

You perv ;)

TitleTown088
05-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Rehab at the hard rock in vegas is a really fun time. I don't blame him for drinking a bit too much.

bigbluedefense
05-26-2009, 11:04 AM
How's that Shockey trade working out for ya New Orleans?

Thanks for Clint Sintim.

Flyboy
05-26-2009, 11:52 AM
You can kiss my grits, bbd.

PalmerToCJ
05-26-2009, 11:54 AM
That's embarrassing.

CJSchneider
05-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Would my thinking that "He is doing this now and getting it out of his system for when the season starts" be optimistic or homeristic. FML

PalmerToCJ
05-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Would my thinking that "He is doing this now and getting it out of his system for when the season starts" be optimistic or homeristic. FML

A guy got massively trashed on Memorial Day - and likely the night before as well.... I can think of a lot worse things to happen, especially with a NFL player.

He should be given a medal for not deciding to race his car.

CJSchneider
05-26-2009, 12:11 PM
I like you, you're a "The glass is half full" type person.

Mr. Hero
05-26-2009, 01:06 PM
being that im from vegas i know REHAB all too well people get carted out for dehydration all the time yes its due to drinking ist the the full problem you can drink your normal limit here in vegas in this 100+ degree sun with an over packed crowed and that is what will happen Shockey isnt the only one that left that day guaranteed every sunday numerous people get carted out of their due to the same problem.

You havent been to Rehab yet then lol....and vegas is never to early or to late to get your drink on.....Rehab will F you up if you arnt careful out there.

Oh, I understand ridiculous binge drinking/impairment and I understand how large crowds exacerbate that, but 2 pm is still a ridiculous hour, 2 am I could understand, that's early still, but I could understand how a non-alcoholic would pass out at that time, but 2 pm is just weird. Which is why I suspect that he was messed up on more than just alcohol.

bsaza2358
05-26-2009, 01:12 PM
I think this is really a non-story now that dehydration is the cause of the passing out. Let the guy do what he wants in the offseason as long as he's not causing damage to himself and others. Yes, the passing out was significant, but let the guy handle his business with his family and his employer. No need to sensationalize it...

Kurve
05-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Oh, I understand ridiculous binge drinking/impairment and I understand how large crowds exacerbate that, but 2 pm is still a ridiculous hour, 2 am I could understand, that's early still, but I could understand how a non-alcoholic would pass out at that time, but 2 pm is just weird. Which is why I suspect that he was messed up on more than just alcohol.

hour doesnt matter the fact is rehab starts from i think 9am till 7pm so you have a few drinks and then sit in this sun and dehydrated and only way you keep your self rehydrate is by drinking alchole then thats what happens to people like shockey. I dont think people understand that or have never been to rehab here in vegas its just like a club during the day out in the pool with crap load of people and just as much drinking but other then it being inside in a club its in 100+ degree sun beaming on them. People get F'ed up every sunday for rehab, most people dont know how to properly rehydrate them selfs when drinking alchole most dont take time to drink water. To you might seem weird but for someone that has been to rehab and know how vegas is ..that doesnt seem anything from being the abnormal person who gets caught drinking to much in the sun.

CC.SD
05-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Shockey the Saint has still not really gotten out of the starting gate, but I still believe he can be an impact player.

bigbluedefense
05-26-2009, 05:30 PM
You can kiss my grits, bbd.

;)

that was such a lopsided trade. i know its revisionist history, but holy crap, we came out like bandits in that trade.

Mr. Hero
05-26-2009, 05:53 PM
hour doesnt matter the fact is rehab starts from i think 9am till 7pm so you have a few drinks and then sit in this sun and dehydrated and only way you keep your self rehydrate is by drinking alchole then thats what happens to people like shockey. I dont think people understand that or have never been to rehab here in vegas its just like a club during the day out in the pool with crap load of people and just as much drinking but other then it being inside in a club its in 100+ degree sun beaming on them. People get F'ed up every sunday for rehab, most people dont know how to properly rehydrate them selfs when drinking alchole most dont take time to drink water. To you might seem weird but for someone that has been to rehab and know how vegas is ..that doesnt seem anything from being the abnormal person who gets caught drinking to much in the sun.

It gets 100+ many places outside of Vegas, there are massive festivals where people are drinking in the morning in the sun outside of vegas, just because I haven't been to rehab does not mean I haven't experienced exactly what you're talking about, I'm just sayin that's a ridiculous hour to pass out at, after 5 hours of drinking in the sweltering sun that's really weak for a man of his size and drinking experience.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-26-2009, 07:00 PM
I heard he passed out because he just got the news that Atlanta got Tony G and the Bucs got Winslow so now he's the 3rd best Tight End in the division. He got upset so he started drinking heavily. True story.

Mr. Hero
05-26-2009, 09:23 PM
I heard he passed out because he just got the news that Atlanta got Tony G and the Bucs got Winslow so now he's the 3rd best Tight End in the division. He got upset so he started drinking heavily. True story.

Shock's not the receiver tony g is, but he's a far better blocker than either of those two.

Kurve
05-26-2009, 09:46 PM
It gets 100+ many places outside of Vegas, there are massive festivals where people are drinking in the morning in the sun outside of vegas, just because I haven't been to rehab does not mean I haven't experienced exactly what you're talking about, I'm just sayin that's a ridiculous hour to pass out at, after 5 hours of drinking in the sweltering sun that's really weak for a man of his size and drinking experience.

hmmm im sure in these festivals numerous people get carted out due to alcohol dehydration.There are places that may get over 100 in the summers and i doubt many will sit out all damn day when it gets that hot in other places outside of the south west. Vegas is a dry heat so you lose liquid much faster, and there isnt many places in the US that gets hotter this time of the year then Las Vegas. Tne desert sun is a different type of sun you sometimes dont feel it beause of it being a dry heat and thus people dont drink enough water. Give anyone good amount of drinks in this vegas sun and the biggest and most experienced drinkers can be claimed by this heat happens every damn summer and weekend here. Vacationers sometimes tend to out due the drinking especially celebrities they get everything given bottle services and unlimited of drinks, so as i stated before you have someone sitting out in the pool drinking you have 100+ degree sun beaming down on them, their body says give me water but they go drink more alcohol and then things start to shut down and people pass out. Once those people get rehydrated by the medics they tend to bounce right back and be ok.

I guess its hard for people to understand who havent experienced the dry heat and sun here in the desert southwest. Its not abnormal for someone to pass out and go to the hospital in these desert pool parties with a ton of drinking is involved.

Mr. Hero
05-26-2009, 10:34 PM
I know what you are talking about, but proper hydration is something every good drinker learns. I understand desert heat perfectly well, my family loves New Mexico and used to go every year, during the summer and winter so I get what you're talking about, shockey should've known better because he is an experienced drinker, add to that his tolerance profession and it's an even bigger **** up. It very well may just be him being an idiot, but my gut is telling me a guy like shockey would've kept himself hydrated if it was just booze.

21ST
05-27-2009, 08:59 AM
2pm... what a *****

Flyboy
05-27-2009, 09:39 AM
;)

that was such a lopsided trade. i know its revisionist history, but holy crap, we came out like bandits in that trade.

We'll see you in Week Six.

kkthxbi

Brent
05-27-2009, 09:43 AM
she certainly does... wait what?

TitleTown088
05-27-2009, 10:24 AM

Hold the phone... You're a Saints fan? Why the heck did I vote for you in the 49ers fan poll ? :)

bigbluedefense
05-28-2009, 06:06 AM
We'll see you in Week Six.

kkthxbi

week 6? sounds fantastical. Shockey should be injured by then ;)

lol, im just bustin your balls bro.