PDA

View Full Version : Damn some people are quick to turn...

Bohleive
03-08-2007, 03:06 PM
on an organization that just last year produced 13 wins and a division championship. And that's just last year. They gave us a SB just 6 years ago, and 2 other playoff appearances in between. Some of you are 1. a little rediculous to be questioning the FO that much over a fair trade for a player at our greatest area of need, and being unable to retain people who were offered outrageous money and 2. a little ungrateful, or at least it comes across that way. Are we that spoiled as Ravens fans to be balking at McGahee after sufferring through Jamal last season? Don't we owe our FO the benefit of the doubt after all these years?

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 03:09 PM
No we don't owe the front office anything, I practically put myself in the poorhouse to pay for season tickets every year and Ill criticize when I want to because of that. What fair trade are you talking about cause the McGahee trade certainly isnt fair at all, to give up 3 picks for a guy who's production goes down every year.

Bohleive
03-08-2007, 03:15 PM
No we don't owe the front office anything, I practically put myself in the poorhouse to pay for season tickets every year and Ill criticize when I want to because of that. What fair trade are you talking about cause the McGahee trade certainly isnt fair at all, to give up 3 picks for a guy who's production goes down every year.

That's a bad argument man. Compared to the other teams in the league, the track record I just laid out is pretty damn good, and you are the one buying the tix, they didn't put a gun to your head. And we've been through the trade. In terms of straight value it was very much a fair trade, any objective party can see this. No one got fleeced, no one 'won' the trade.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 03:19 PM
That's a bad argument man. Compared to the other teams in the league, the track record I just laid out is pretty damn good, and you are the one buying the tix, they didn't put a gun to your head. And we've been through the trade. In terms of straight value it was very much a fair trade, any objective party can see this. No one got fleeced, no one 'won' the trade.

They did'nt put a gun to my head but I love and support my team to the fullest, I praise them when they do good for the most part and Im gonna criticize them when they make terrible decisions such as this entire offseason thusfar. And also thats great that they've been great in the past I love it, I was there for the games, but once again back to m buying tickets, I dont buy tickets because they won a superbowl I buy tickets to see them win a Superbowl NOW! So yeah we have a great track record, but if you can be upbeat and happy about the deal and think its great then I can think its for s**t and it sets our franchise back.

Bohleive
03-08-2007, 03:23 PM
They did'nt put a gun to my head but I love and support my team to the fullest, I praise them when they do good for the most part and Im gonna criticize them when they make terrible decisions such as this entire offseason thusfar. And also thats great that they've been great in the past I love it, I was there for the games, but once again back to m buying tickets, I dont buy tickets because they won a superbowl I buy tickets to see them win a Superbowl NOW! So yeah we have a great track record, but if you can be upbeat and happy about the deal and think its great then I can think its for s**t and it sets our franchise back.

No one's saying you're not entitled to your opinion. I'm saying why would you so vehemently bash the FO, when they've been doing a very good job to date? No one knows for certain what Willis will do next season, so why jump the gun and spout all this hatred on our FO. I think your expectations are absurd. How were they supposed to keep AD, pashos and Ovie? There is a little thing called a salary cap.

dcarey20
03-08-2007, 03:28 PM
no doubt i know exactly where yo uare coming from bohlieve. i have full confidence in ozzie and the rest of the FO. i rarely dissapprove of a move they make. i think the mcgahee trade was a great deal, and not just because he's one of my favorite players. everyone's upset about giving up 2 third rounders. guys look at our team. we don't have alot of needs right now. plus we are going to get 2-3 compensational picks. we address the RB need with this trade. the only other needs i see now are corner and offensive line. and one more thing: how can anyone truly believe that willis mcgahee is a downgrade from jamal lewis?

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 03:28 PM
No one's saying you're not entitled to your opinion. I'm saying why would you so vehemently bash the FO, when they've been doing a very good job to date? No one knows for certain what Willis will do next season, so why jump the gun and spout all this hatred on our FO. I think your expectations are absurd. How were they supposed to keep AD, pashos and Ovie? There is a little thing called a salary cap.

I didnt expect to keep all of them I knew AD was gone right after we lost to the Colts, I didnt want Pashos back, would have been nice to have Ovie back though. And yes Mr. Condescending I know there is a salay cap, but if we can give useless, overrated McGahee a big contract, and overpay for JJ then we could have handled things better and done better with our Cap space.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I hope Im wrong, I pray Im wrong, I want McGahee to come here and rush for 2,000 yards and 20 TDs, I want JJ to be a good starting OLB I just dont see it happening.

go_ravens94
03-08-2007, 04:01 PM
no doubt i know exactly where yo uare coming from bohlieve. i have full confidence in ozzie and the rest of the FO. i rarely dissapprove of a move they make. i think the mcgahee trade was a great deal, and not just because he's one of my favorite players. everyone's upset about giving up 2 third rounders. guys look at our team. we don't have alot of needs right now. plus we are going to get 2-3 compensational picks. we address the RB need with this trade. the only other needs i see now are corner and offensive line. and one more thing: how can anyone truly believe that willis mcgahee is a downgrade from jamal lewis?

In Oz we trust. I agree.

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 04:02 PM
People got alot of heart telling other people to basically sit down and shut up as the Ravens go and do moves that are a bit questionable and uncharacteristic of this front office. I have faith in the front office but as a fellow season ticket holder I have the right to disagree with their actions and vocalize my opinions on said matters. Plus this is a business and you are graded on your actions year to year. Mulitalo has been a productive O-Lineman for us and was in the starting line-up when we won the Super Bowl but that didn't stop us from cutting him. Vinny had Pro Bowl years with us but we got rid of him. Trent Dilfer was at the helm when we won the Super Bowl but we still tried to upgrade the position. Bohleive you have a lot of heart to tell the rest of us to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm the biggest supporter of Ozzie on this forum but I still question his moves and if he keeps doing moves I or others disagree with we will question them in kind.

bmoreravens5289
03-08-2007, 09:07 PM

Agreed....when given the chance i think JJ will shine. McGahee is definitley going to do better than Jamal we can pretty much count on that

Bohleive
03-09-2007, 02:46 PM
People got alot of heart telling other people to basically sit down and shut up as the Ravens go and do moves that are a bit questionable and uncharacteristic of this front office. I have faith in the front office but as a fellow season ticket holder I have the right to disagree with their actions and vocalize my opinions on said matters. Plus this is a business and you are graded on your actions year to year. Mulitalo has been a productive O-Lineman for us and was in the starting line-up when we won the Super Bowl but that didn't stop us from cutting him. Vinny had Pro Bowl years with us but we got rid of him. Trent Dilfer was at the helm when we won the Super Bowl but we still tried to upgrade the position. Bohleive you have a lot of heart to tell the rest of us to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm the biggest supporter of Ozzie on this forum but I still question his moves and if he keeps doing moves I or others disagree with we will question them in kind.

like I said:
No one's saying you're not entitled to your opinion.
I'm not telling anyone to sit down and shut up. I offering my opinion the same way those who feel that the FO should be critisized for recent moves are.

BigDawg819
03-09-2007, 02:51 PM
like I said:

I'm not telling anyone to sit down and shut up. I offering my opinion the same way those who feel that the FO should be critisized for recent moves are.

Offering your opinion is one thing, making a thread entitled:"Damn some people are quick to turn...." is basically bashing people!

Bohleive
03-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Offering your opinion is one thing, making a thread entitled:"Damn some people are quick to turn...." is basically bashing people!

How? I called no one out in particular, and I didn't insult anyone. It was a speculatory statement.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-10-2007, 05:33 PM
I just think the way you word things is wrong Boh, just because I criticize a move you think Im turning on my team......Ill never turn on my team at any point.

Bohleive
03-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Perhaps I should've said front office instead of organization, that was my meaning.

BigDawg819
03-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I just think the way you word things is wrong Boh, just because I criticize a move you think Im turning on my team......Ill never turn on my team at any point.

Here here! I'll bleed Purple and Black until my heart can no longer pump the blood!

EdReedUnstoppable
03-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Perhaps I should've said front office instead of organization, that was my meaning.

Even so just because I criticize something doesnt mean Im turning my back on anyone, if I feel something is wrong I can and will criticize it, it doesnt mean Im turning on anything.

BigDawg819
03-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Besides Boh, who are you to question any of our loyalties to the Ravens? I think we all want the best for the organization but when they make a move we don't like you can be damned sure those that oppose said move will be vocal about it!

EdReedUnstoppable
03-10-2007, 05:53 PM
And even though Im excepting it, I still feel it wasn't the best or right move we should have made. I would have rather traded 3 picks to move up and get Lynch, or trade a 2nd for Thomas Jones.

Bohleive
03-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Even so just because I criticize something doesnt mean Im turning my back on anyone, if I feel something is wrong I can and will criticize it, it doesnt mean Im turning on anything.

If someone was happy with the FO, and it seemed at least to me most here were, and then they were bashing them pretty hard, that's pretty much turning on them. Not really the same as turning your back on them, which wasn't my meaning. Also, I never named you or anyone specifically in the original post.

Bohleive
03-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Besides Boh, who are you to question any of our loyalties to the Ravens? I think we all want the best for the organization but when they make a move we don't like you can be damned sure those that oppose said move will be vocal about it!
Alright dude give it a rest. I was vocalizing my opinion just like everyone else. Besides, as I made clear, I wasn't questioning anyone's loyalties to the Ravens, I was questioning loyalty towards the FO.