PDA

View Full Version : SportingNews' Top 20 Lists

abaddon41_80
05-26-2009, 10:56 AM
*Beware: Stupidity Inside*

Quarterbacks (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=548865)

Running Backs (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=549858)

Fullbacks (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=550141)

Wide Receivers (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=548492)

Tight Ends (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=548205)

Offensive Tackles (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=546898)

Centers (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=547850)

Offensive Guards (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=547258)

Defensive Tackles (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=551297)

Defensive Ends (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=550635)

Outside Linebackers (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=551771)

Inside Linebackers (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=552520)

Some of the funnier jokes,

- Darren McFadden the #12 RB, DeAngelo Williams #14
- Calvin Johnson the #11 WR
- Kris Jenkins not a top 20 DT
- Parys Haralson the #17 OLB
- Lofa Tatupu not a top 20 ILB

YAYareaRB
05-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Tony Romo in the top 10 is pretty funny as well.

and the fact that they blame the D-Line for Urlachers lack of playmaking as of late. Like it's some sort of justification for him being at 1 while #2 isn't working with the bestest of D-lines.

AntoinCD
05-26-2009, 11:28 AM
I didn't have time to argue everything but here's a few problems I have

QB-

While there will always be a debate about Brady and Manning and probably to a similar extent Brees and Roethlisberger(ie-some people measure QBs by stats and some people rate them by superbowls etc-obviously not as black and white) I don't think you can really argue with the top 6 players, maybe the order but not the players. Now my problem starts with Cutler, Hasselbeck and Matt Schaub being too low while McNabb, Delhomme and Flacco are too high.

RB-

3. Brandon Jacobs. Are we ready to move on now. Seriously though that is way too high for him. I think Portis, Turner and Williams are both too low, while McFadden is too high. As RBs go I wouldn't have McFadden as the best on his team yet. Also Beanie Wells has never played a snap in the NFL. How is he already the 20th best?

FB-

I think McLain should be number 1 and Hedgecock and Heath Evans should be a little higher.

WR-

After last year Larry Fitz is definitely #1 and Andre Johnson is a beast but how can anyone justify Randy Moss only being 5th. The guy has 33 TDs in two years(one of which without the starting QB)!!! Also Steve Smith and Calvin Johnson are way too low. Reggie Wayne is a great receiver but is a bit too high and T.O and Braylon Edwards should only be this high on lists that include drops as a positive.

TE-

Tough to argue too much with the TEs though Ben Watson is way too high.

OT-

It's maybe a bit too early to say Clady is the best OT in the league. Walter Jones is too high on reputation and I would be inclined to push Joe Thomas higher.

DE-

I would push Peppers down to 6 and move the ones below him up one spot each with Williams just over Freeney. John Abraham could be higher based on sack totals but I understand his low ranking due to inability to play the run.

DT-

I think Vince Wilfork is an absolute beast but Ngata should be higher than him. Chris Canty at 5-wow way too high. Kris Jenkins should definitely be on the list(probably top 10) and Brodrick Bunkley should be higher in my opinion-very underrated player.

ILB-

I wouldn't have Urlacher or Dansby in the top 5 let alone 1 and 3 respectively. The two best ILBs in the NFL, IMO, are P-Willy and Jon Beason. I also think that London Fletcher, Jerod Mayo and Nick Barnett are too low.

OLB-

I agree in having Ware above Harrison even though he is the reigning DPOY. I think Porter and Adalius Thomas are a little too high while Briggs, Hill and Chad Greenway are way too low.

vidae
05-26-2009, 11:31 AM
No Derrick Johnson?! THIS LIST IS INCOMPLETE! /homer

BuddyCHRIST
05-26-2009, 11:36 AM
I haven't look at it yet, but the Sporting News consistently puts out the most amount of crap of any publication in the history of time. Its amazing that anyone actually reads or takes anything they say seriously. I almost want to not click to boycott this horrible magazine.

Palmer tends to get overrated, I understand he's the definition of a franchise QB physically, but he's been injured and in reality has only had one great season. Also already at 29 and on a team not in great shape, he could end up having a dissapointing career for how talented he is. I use to not be a Roethlisberger fan, but after his second SB you can't argue with how clutch he is, he deserves to be 3 imo and I'm a Saints fan.

Lee Evans at 8 above Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson and Roddy White to name a few. He deserves to be about 20. Laugh.

Gay Ork Wang
05-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Briggs should be around 5 and Kampman should be on their, over ogunleye definitely

bearsfan_51
05-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Just a few comments, and these types of lists are always going to be impossible to find consensus on:

Quarterback
-Matt Hassleback over Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan, and Aaron Rodgers is interesting to say the least. I'm guessing that the authors preferred to go conservative with more experience, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find many GMs that would take him over any of those three.

-Carson Palmer at 4 over Big Ben, Rivers and McNabb is a bit much for me as well.

Tight End
-Color me biased, but Greg Olson is just too low. Bo Scaife? Ben Watson? Zach Miller? These guys are all fine players, but nothing special at all. Olson is a special player, and he'll prove that this year with Cutler. Should be a top 5 fantasy TE.

Defensive Tackle
-Obviously they have a preference for 3-4 players, but I'm still a bit surprised to see Tommie Harris at #10. *Shrug* Clearly they like the 3-4 NT.

Defensive End
-Aaron Smith over Osi Umenyiora? Ok, the 3-4 bias is getting to be a bit much.

Outside Linebacker
Ok..Adalius Thomas over Lance Briggs? GTFO. Mike Vrabel at 12??

Inside Linebacker
To show I'm not a homer, I agree that Patrick Willis is a better player at this point than Urlacher. I think it's odd too considering SportingNews was the one beating the Urlacher is overrated drum for so many years.

On the whole, I don't think the list is that bad, but the 3-4 bias is too much for me.

bearsfan_51
05-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Briggs should be around 5 and Kampman should be on their, over ogunleye definitely
Kampman is a linebacker now.

eaglesalltheway
05-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Whose dick did Jamaal Jackson suck to be a top 5 Center?

He is a good center, I'd put him anywhere from 14-20 on a list of top NFL Centers though, and we may have a guy better than him on our roster. I've seen quite a few of these lists, and they are pretty much garbage. But seeing that is crazy to me.

BeerBaron
05-26-2009, 12:32 PM
I think Forte's placement as a RB is perfect. (Remember that d-bag a few months back who said Ryan Grant was better than Forte? God i hated that guy......)

I think I'd put MJD at 8 and then LT at 10 though.

That's about the only one I agree a lot with though. I agree with 51 on Olsen and the QBs.

Briggs as the top 4-3 OLB is perfect. I think they should have seperate lists for 3-4 OLBs though....very different positions.

I want to disagree with Urlacher as the #1 MLB but looking through that list, even though he is degressing a bit, the only ones I could really see actually being ahead of him are Willis and maybe Ray still. A lot of quality players but none I'd want to trade Urlacher for and I've been one of the top guys pointing out how he is and has been going down hill.....still want him though.

AntoinCD
05-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Lol I just read another thing on Sporting news that said the best move of the offseason was the Bengals signing Lavernaeus Coles, who they also said was better than TJ Houshmandzadeh

stephenson86
05-26-2009, 01:27 PM
worst thing i have ever read

Gay Ork Wang
05-26-2009, 01:29 PM
its greg olsEn bf51. olsEn

Eagles own the NFC East
05-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Terrible list, how is Braylon Edwards a better WR than Calvin Johnson? I also don't like the OLB list, majority play in a 3-4 and are more DE like.

Brent
05-26-2009, 01:59 PM
The lack of Eric Heitmann on that list is disturbing. Jay Ratliff should also be much higher. Aaron Kampman is also too high; has he ever played OLB?

CC.SD
05-26-2009, 02:04 PM
I worship the ground Carson walks on, but I still wouldn't take him over Rivers right now. I've got a strong prescription in my homer goggles for both Trojans and Bolts, and Rivers is flat out the better QB right now and for the future. Honestly I think he has a stronger resume' too.

I can't really argue with any of the guys above Ladainian, but I think he is going to climb that list throughout the course of the season. He has been healthy and popping it in minicamp.

Gates at #5 TE though is atrocious.

CC.SD
05-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Calvin is the number 11 wideout because they wanted to make him number 1, twice.

TimD
05-26-2009, 02:14 PM
hm surprised david harris isnt top 20. hes not too far behind bart scott

yodabear
05-26-2009, 02:16 PM
I read halfback and wide receiver. They are epic fails. I am sorry, I am a huge Rams fan, but Steven Jackson the #2 Halfback may be a little high right now. I'd prolly still put AD #1, LT #2, Westbrook 3, Portis 4, and SJax 5. 2 is just a little high IMO. I know I may get heat for this, but Torry Holt is a top 20 WR. He has one season below 1300 yards, just one. I was fine with the WR until #11. Holt is not in the top ten, but Roy Williams? Are u ******* me? Chad Johnson? Those are a couple I would replace with Holt in there.

wicket
05-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Jahri Evans @ 18?????? an with the amount of guys in there after one season carl nicks should even be on that list.
Seriously the guys who made these lists are not saints fans

Gay Ork Wang
05-26-2009, 02:21 PM
hahaha they have pettigrew as the 20th best TE. i mean sure he has potential, but come on rookies, never ever deserve to be on a top list before they play

CC.SD
05-26-2009, 02:29 PM
I hereby rechristen the Sporting News: The Sporting N00bs

jkpigskin
05-26-2009, 02:32 PM
this is about how good they are right? however the anaylsis says nothing about their strengths and weaknesses and only talks about the obvious. If you guys are scouts, do some scouting!

and darren mcfadden is SOOOOOOO high. This guy as a RB is gonna be a bust. He has absolutely no power and always goes down on the 1st guy.

whatadai
05-26-2009, 02:36 PM
I like the RB rankings only because I have Brandon Jacobs in a dynasty fantasy league.

Jensen
05-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Warner is about where I would put him. He's not great, but he's definitely above average. With Fitz, Q, and Breaston to throw to it really pimps out his stats.

I have no idea how Beanie is on the list when he hasn't even took a snap in the NFL yet. I'm really excited to see him play, but you would think it would be hard to put somebody on a top 20 NFL players list without him even playing in the NFL yet.

Fitz is where he deserves to be at #1 and I can't argue Q at #4.

Dockett at 11 I can live with, but I personally think he should be a bit higher. It may be my homerism, but he is one of the top 3-4 DE's in the league IMO and he's good at getting to the QB in the 4-3 as well. His run-stopping isn't that bad either, although it could be improved.

Dansby is a little high at #3 for ILB. I would put him around the 5-7 area. Dansby is more of an OLB though as he plays there in the 4-3 and he also lines up there sometimes in the 3-4. He's one of those players where not one facet of his game sticks out, but he does everything good.

whatadai
05-26-2009, 02:46 PM
I think these rankings include some projections on potential and playing time opportunity.

Sniper
05-26-2009, 02:49 PM
No Stewart Bradley or Dave Harris at MLB fails horribly.

tjsunstein
05-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Scouts also must consider things that can't be measured: Leadership, the quarterback's role within a system and performance under pressure.
#10 Tony Romo. Good one Sporting News.

#11 Matt Hasselbeck
#14 Aaron Rodgers
Call me a homer but I think from here on out, Rodgers is a better quarterback.

Give me Steve Smith (10) over Greg Jennings (9) and Calvin (11) over both of them.

Brodeur
05-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Until the Lions improve, Johnson will be a step below the top receivers.

Oh yeah because the Browns and Braylon Edwards really tore it up last year.

HawkEye30
05-26-2009, 03:33 PM
seriously though no lofa..................seriously???

the decider13
05-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Brandon Marshall at 17??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

DJ Williams not listed, nor is Thomas Howard. Both should be top 20 OLB. Glad to see Clady gettin some rep. Brandon Pettigrew over Daniel Graham? Really? Ryan Harris and Chris Kuper both should have got mentions.

EDIT: Karlos Dansby over John Beason, Ray Lewis and Demeco Ryans? hmmmm

papa burgundy
05-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Considering who is behind Parys Haralson on that list.. 17 isn't that much of a stretch. However I'm sure there are better people who they left off the list who are better than the last 4.

OzTitan
05-26-2009, 07:33 PM
"8. Keith Bulluck, Titans. He's a fantastic run defender"

lol wat? Keith is great, but he's not a fanastic run defender. What an odd thing to say.

BlindSite
05-26-2009, 07:43 PM
He was quite possibly the most prolific running back, based on adjustments for how many touches he had DeAngelo did more than most of the league with less than the guys who were producing around him.

To have him at 14 is a pretty big insult.

comahan
05-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Beanie > Slaton -____-

MasterShake
05-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Justin Smith certainly belongs on the DE list.

He is everything you could want in a 3-4 DE.

SuperMcGee
05-26-2009, 08:14 PM
I love Lee Evans, he is my favorite player on the team, but what is he doing at 8? These guys are really expecting Owens to open him up and be huge himself with both in the top 10.

All of this being done without a QB or offensive lineman showing up in the top 20 at their respective positions.

TitanHope
05-26-2009, 08:32 PM
"8. Keith Bulluck, Titans. He's a fantastic run defender"

lol wat? Keith is great, but he's not a fanastic run defender. What an odd thing to say.

That stumped me too. They have it backwards - he's a fantastic coverage LB. But truth be told, he hasn't been in run-defense a lot due to the DL in front of him, and WLB Thornton and SS Hope around him.

Even more troubling - C Kevin Mawae and FB Ahmard Hall getting skunked. :(

Brandon Marshall at 17??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

DJ Williams not listed, nor is Thomas Howard. Both should be top 20 OLB. Glad to see Clady gettin some rep. Brandon Pettigrew over Daniel Graham? Really? Ryan Harris and Chris Kuper both should have got mentions.

EDIT: Karlos Dansby over John Beason, Ray Lewis and Demeco Ryans? hmmmm

DJ Williams is an ILB now though, Mr. Broncos Fan! ;)

And 4-3 OLB's typically don't get love because 3-4 OLB's are pass-rushers. Gotta be a long-time stalwart like Briggs and Bulluck to get the recognition.

I thought Dansby's ranking was valid, but everyone has their preferrences. The top guys in Willis, Urlacher, Dansby, Beason, and Lewis are kind bunched together, and each does something well that others may not. Leadership of Ray, athleticism of Willis and Beason, versatility of Dansby, and range of Urlacher.

Longon Fletcher at 14, on the other hand, is terrible.

OneToughGame
05-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Call me a homer but Lofa not in the top 20 at all? I mean I think he's a top 5 personally.

jkpigskin
05-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Call me a homer but Lofa not in the top 20 at all? I mean I think he's a top 5 personally.

nah, Lofa should be up theree

LonghornsLegend
05-26-2009, 08:57 PM
The RB list was attrocious, seriously, it was the worst piece of crap I had ever read in my life...I almost posted it here a few days ago, but I didn't even want to bother, there was so much wrong with that list it's not even funny.

WMD
05-26-2009, 09:02 PM
this is about how good they are right? however the anaylsis says nothing about their strengths and weaknesses and only talks about the obvious. If you guys are scouts, do some scouting!

and darren mcfadden is SOOOOOOO high. This guy as a RB is gonna be a bust. He has absolutely no power and always goes down on the 1st guy.
Say what you will about his football skills but don't insult the man because of his high sex drive.

LonghornsLegend
05-26-2009, 09:02 PM
#10 Tony Romo. Good one Sporting News.

#11 Matt Hasselbeck
#14 Aaron Rodgers
Call me a homer but I think from here on out, Rodgers is a better quarterback.

Give me Steve Smith (10) over Greg Jennings (9) and Calvin (11) over both of them.

You guys need to stop getting bent out of shape over where Rodgers is ranked or perceived, when he does it at least two years in a row he'll start to get some respect, but nobody is going to catapult him up to top 5 or consider him elite until he has at least a few good seasons.

Romo has had more then a few very good statistical seasons, and while he lost the playoff games he started lets not act like he just bombed those games...He played well enough to win in the Seattle game and the NY game, I know it's fun to pin all the blame on Romo but having him ranked at 10 is hardly anything terrible.

jkpigskin
05-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Say what you will about his football skills but don't insult the man because of his high sex drive.

so sorry about that

Brent
05-26-2009, 09:24 PM
I hate the Sporting News. Remember their mock draft I posted? They know less about football than STARHEATHER.

DeepThreat
05-26-2009, 10:03 PM
There are too many pathetic ones, so I'll only mention the ones that offended me as a homer.

A: Joe Thomas at number four is ridiculous. He should be number one.

B: Shaun Rogers at 6? Are you serious? No one outside of Albert Haynesworth was more dominant last year.

That's about it. Not a whole lot to get upset about as a Browns fan.

TitanHope
05-26-2009, 10:08 PM
There are too many pathetic ones, so I'll only mention the ones that offended me as a homer.

A: Joe Thomas at number four is ridiculous. He should be number one.

B: Shaun Rogers at 6? Are you serious? No one outside of Albert Haynesworth was more dominant last year.

I wonder if he's a Browns...

That's about it. Not a whole lot to get upset about as a Browns fan.

Oh my God guys... I can read minds!!!

Wait, false alarm! Turns out, I can just read insanely well.

tjsunstein
05-26-2009, 10:09 PM
You guys need to stop getting bent out of shape over where Rodgers is ranked or perceived, when he does it at least two years in a row he'll start to get some respect, but nobody is going to catapult him up to top 5 or consider him elite until he has at least a few good seasons.

Romo has had more then a few very good statistical seasons, and while he lost the playoff games he started lets not act like he just bombed those games...He played well enough to win in the Seattle game and the NY game, I know it's fun to pin all the blame on Romo but having him ranked at 10 is hardly anything terrible.

That's why I said call me a homer. I think Rodgers is more skilled than Hasselbeck and is surrounded by a better team therefore he should be ranked higher than him. Might just be my opinion?

I wasn't knocking Romo for being so high by any means but the way Sporting News set that ranking up was pretty ironic. Tony Romo is immensely talented, don't get me wrong but he still has a lot to prove and that says worlds about his potential.

the decider13
05-26-2009, 10:54 PM
That stumped me too. They have it backwards - he's a fantastic coverage LB. But truth be told, he hasn't been in run-defense a lot due to the DL in front of him, and WLB Thornton and SS Hope around him.

Even more troubling - C Kevin Mawae and FB Ahmard Hall getting skunked. :(

DJ Williams is an ILB now though, Mr. Broncos Fan! ;)

And 4-3 OLB's typically don't get love because 3-4 OLB's are pass-rushers. Gotta be a long-time stalwart like Briggs and Bulluck to get the recognition.

I thought Dansby's ranking was valid, but everyone has their preferrences. The top guys in Willis, Urlacher, Dansby, Beason, and Lewis are kind bunched together, and each does something well that others may not. Leadership of Ray, athleticism of Willis and Beason, versatility of Dansby, and range of Urlacher.

Longon Fletcher at 14, on the other hand, is terrible.

gah...stupid 3-4 switch. He should still be top 20! Because he is awesome. Yeah I guess I get what you are saying about the top backers. I personally really like Beason.

All that still doesn't pardon the general stupidity of some of these lists lol

Mr. Hero
05-26-2009, 11:17 PM

Not to bag on romo, since I do like the guy, but he did a lot to lose that giants game. Our DL just beat the fight out of him by that fourth quarter, he was missing horrendously on a lot of those throws to pretty open receivers.

Giantsfan1080
05-27-2009, 12:01 AM
They don't have Corey Webster as a top 20 CB in the league so the list fails big time.

tjsunstein
05-27-2009, 01:05 AM
They don't have Corey Webster as a top 20 CB in the league so the list fails big time.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=553164

I feel dumber for reading that list.

Woodson #14? No. Stop.
Antonio Cromartie #7? Omg. No!

Don't want to ruin it all for you, though. Take a gander.

Sniper
05-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Asante at 4? Fail.
Cromartie at 7? Fail.
Hall at 8? Fail.
Woodson (Praised Be His Name) at 14? WHAT THE **** ARE THEY WATCHING?
Leigh Bodden on the list but no Corey Webster?
WHERE THE **** IS SHELDON BROWN????

the dude
05-27-2009, 10:30 AM
jahri evans @ 18 is way too low

Yatta!
05-27-2009, 10:54 AM
The CB list may be the worse one yet. Some hilarious decisions on there...

AntoinCD
05-27-2009, 11:00 AM
The CB list may be the worse one yet. Some hilarious decisions on there...

Where the hell is Deltha O'Neal???:D No but that list is horrible. Revis should be higher, Winfield should be higher, Woodson should be higher, Webster, Brown and Carlos Rogers should be on it, whereas Wright, Harris, McFadden and Hall shouldn't

jkpigskin
05-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Asante at 4? Fail.
Cromartie at 7? Fail.
Hall at 8? Fail.
Woodson (Praised Be His Name) at 14? WHAT THE **** ARE THEY WATCHING?
Leigh Bodden on the list but no Corey Webster?
WHERE THE **** IS SHELDON BROWN????

i was actually very surprised to see Leigh Bodden on the list b/c i thought i was the only one who thought he was actually a pretty decent CB. The fact he got cut, got very little interest in free agency made me feel that he was just a guy who got lucky with stats.

something that shocks me is that there is a total of 4 ravens defenders on these lists (including ed reed who is a saftey and they havent done safties yet).

AntoinCD
05-27-2009, 11:08 AM
i was actually very surprised to see Leigh Bodden on the list b/c i thought i was the only one who thought he was actually a pretty decent CB. The fact he got cut, got very little interest in free agency made me feel that he was just a guy who got lucky with stats.

something that shocks me is that there is a total of 4 ravens defenders on these lists (including ed reed who is a saftey and they havent done safties yet).

Bodden is a very good CB and should show it this year with the Pats as he played in a similar scheme and excelled under Romeo. However the Lions asked him to play a pure cover 2 last year and a cover 2 CB he aint

tjsunstein
05-27-2009, 11:17 AM
I though Leigh Bodden was pretty solid when watching him but a handful of corners should be on that list over him. I would put him top 30 though.

Go_Eagles77
05-27-2009, 11:24 AM
No Sheldon in the top 20 = lol.

I love Asante but he's not a top 5 corner.

keylime_5
05-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Gates is not a top 3 tight end? Yeah, okay.

abaddon41_80
05-27-2009, 04:05 PM
These lists all suck but YAH! for Nate Clements getting some respect.

themaninblack
05-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Andrew Whitworth not being in the top 20 at Offensive Guard is beyond belief. He is moving to LT this year(at least to start) so maybe that's why hes not on the list but I find it very hard to believe there are very many OGs in the NFL who are better than him.

Oh wait this is SportingNews.

Gay Ork Wang
05-27-2009, 05:43 PM
are they even trying?

BlindSite
05-27-2009, 06:20 PM
I think they're just throwing names at a dart board and letting them stay wherever they hit, how else can you explain their rankings.

CC.SD
05-27-2009, 06:52 PM
I honestly believe these lists were cobbled together by asking drunken hobos on the street to name football players at random.

I don't care where they are on the overall list, any ranking that places Cromartie over Jammer just reveals that the author never watched any Bolt games.

Gay Ork Wang
05-27-2009, 07:46 PM
I honestly believe these lists were cobbled together by asking drunken hobos on the street to name football players at random.

I don't care where they are on the overall list, any ranking that places Cromartie over Jammer just reveals that the author never watched any Bolt games.
but but but but but but but he caught the ball with one hand! hez gotz to bez goodzzzzz

Caddy
05-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Nice to see Winslow, Ruud, Adams, Sears, Joseph and Crowell making the list, but how is Jeff Faine not in the top 10 centers?

Bengalsrocket
05-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Andrew Whitworth not being in the top 20 at Offensive Guard is beyond belief. He is moving to LT this year(at least to start) so maybe that's why hes not on the list but I find it very hard to believe there are very many OGs in the NFL who are better than him.

Oh wait this is SportingNews.

15. Andrew Whitworth, Bengals. Whitworth's smarts and versatility allow him to fill in at any spot along the offensive line, and he ended up moving out to left tackle last season and played very well. With young offensive tackles Anthony Collins and Andre Smith in the fold, he should make a move back inside. He makes great use of his hands and can be an absolute mauler in the run game, which will be a focus of the Bengals offense this year. Whitworth's intelligence, instincts, and experience at tackle should make for improved play in pass protection.

he's in under offensive guard.

ShutDwn
05-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Beanie Wells at 20???????

Dude is at least top 7

thebow305
05-28-2009, 12:27 AM
LOL at Ronnie being #16.

What a joke!

themaninblack
05-28-2009, 01:18 AM
he's in under offensive guard.

Look at me jumping to conclusions again.

gsorace
05-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Apparently Amobi Okoye, Rocky Bernard, Brandon Mebane and Jovan Haye are all better than Kris Jenkins

CC.SD
05-28-2009, 06:11 PM
but but but but but but but he caught the ball with one hand! hez gotz to bez goodzzzzz

dPI2eYJkH24

To be fair, that play is siiiiiiick. They put it up as a mural at Chargers Park.

Sigh, look at Merriman, he's so dreamy.

keylime_5
05-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Beanie Wells at 20???????

Dude is at least top 7

you mean at least top 1 :)

JT Jag
05-28-2009, 07:09 PM
[NOTE: Some of the following comments may be effected by the writer's homerism for the Jacksonville Jaguars, but the writer tried to temper it some.]

Daryl Smith should be on the ILB list along with Lofa Tatupu.

Maurice Drew... that's probably where he deserves to be right now, but he'll be five spots higher next year after the season he's primed to have.

What, Vince Manuwai (arguably a top-5 guard before last year) just entirely goes off the radar just because of one year injured?

Brad Meester is a top-five center when healthy, which he currently is. Him not even being in the top 20 is just wrong.

Torry Holt is still a top-20 WR. He's getting up there in age, but watch him go for 1,100 yards and 7 touchdowns this year. He's better then Hines Ward, IMO.

And these next bits are just opinions, but I think Marcedes Lewis is primed for a breakout year at TE. He deserves that #20 spot more then Pettigrew, and I think he might end up with 700 or so yards and 5 or so touchdowns this year. And I'm of the opinion that, right now, David Garrard is better then each of the last four QBs on their list.

D4rk 0ne
05-29-2009, 05:47 AM
How is Kirk Morrison a top 10 ILB and Thomas Howard not a top 20 OLB? Howard is easily a better all-around LB than Morrison, who can't defend the run to save his life. Most of his tackles are a result of Oakland's porous D-Line letting ball-carriers get through to the second level. Morrison is respectable in coverage and shows good leadership, but his ball awareness is not great and he can't play in the box. Howard is, IMO, better in coverage than Morrison, even though Kirk is one of the noteworthy cover backers in the AFC. And Howard has much greater range and athleticism. He also has better instincts, and he can actually help against the run...

Morrison needs to be lower and Howard needs to get some recognition.

Go_Eagles77
06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
They have Roy Williams as the 20th best safety. Enough said.

Ward
06-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Marion Barber not top 20, under such names as Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, Darren McFadden, Willie Parker, Ronnie Brown, Ryan Grant, Kevin Smith, and rookie Chris Wells.

Vox Populi
06-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Did Kevin Mawae retire without telling anyone or do they not have him as a top 10 center/has his play really gone down with age...