PDA

View Full Version : Voting Mock: With the 2nd Pick the Lions select....

Go Cowboys
03-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Sorry about the delay guys.

Previous Picks:
Raiders: JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU

Tubby
03-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Joe Thomas

go_ravens94
03-08-2007, 04:16 PM
I think the pick would be Jammal Anderson. I know it's odd, but I think they need help. If I'm wrong, hound me, after all I am a Ravens fan, not one of the Detroit Lions.

49erfaithful
03-08-2007, 04:26 PM
joe Thomas. They will need a guy to open holes for Bell or Jones, and also protect Kitna

hippiedude1983
03-08-2007, 04:51 PM
kitna is becoming the perfect transition quarterback (he prepared the way for hasselback and palmer already, and he could very well do the same thing for quinn in detroit).

Joeyjr09
03-08-2007, 05:18 PM
I know I'm gonna get bashed for this but it has to be Calvin Johnson. After picking up a RB, OT and DE already in FA those needs become secondary now. Top needs are QB and WR. They should take BPA and considering the fact they don't seem to want a QB, I think Calvin Johnson is the pick. Of course he won't win th poll because he's the best prospect in the draft and people are going to want him to drop to their team. which means they will vote for someone else. That's the problem with these things.

eaglesalltheway
03-08-2007, 05:19 PM
I say Thomas. There is a great QB in Stanton who will be available at their pick in the second, But Thomas is a very good pick here as well. There O-line was dreadful last year, mostly due to injuries, but still needs improvement. Thomas is the LT that Detroit needs.

eaglesalltheway
03-08-2007, 05:21 PM
I know I'm gonna get bashed for this but it has to be Calvin Johnson. After picking up a RB, OT and DE already in FA those needs become secondary now. Top needs are QB and WR. They should take BPA and considering the fact they don't seem to want a QB, I think Calvin Johnson is the pick. Of course he won't win th poll because he's the best prospect in the draft and people are going to want him to drop to their team. which means they will vote for someone else. That's the problem with these things.

I'm trying to vote on what I think is more realistic. I am content in knowing the draft may not go the way I want, so I am choosing on how I think, not how I hope. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

etk
03-08-2007, 05:22 PM

I think the top needs for the Lions are DE, MLB, CB & OL. WR definitely isn't even close to a need for them. They have Roy Williams who is one of the best in the game, and they have Mike Furrey who caught almost 100 passes last year. They're also going to sign Kevin Curtis most likely, so why would they ignore other needs to add another WR when you or me could catch at least 5 passes a game in Martz's offense. Even if CJ ran a 3.99 they still wouldn't draft him.

21ST
03-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Joe Thomas, but i could see gaines adams

neko4
03-08-2007, 07:18 PM
With out a doubt Thomas.
Kitna can have a good year w/ a good lne and McCown maybe the future. Plus if they need a QB there should still be Stanton/Edwards/Smith in the2nd. Roy Williams and Furrey are beasts so no need for a WR

RaiderNation
03-08-2007, 07:58 PM
joe Thomas. They will need a guy to open holes for Bell or Jones, and also protect Kitna

why have 3 OT's that have huge contracts? quinn will be the pick

neko4
03-08-2007, 08:02 PM

Alot of people who dont deserve money have been getting it this year(Nate Clements and many many many more). Just because you get paid alot doesnt mean your all that good.
Quinn would have to be a close second followed by Adams

etk
03-08-2007, 08:32 PM

That's what I think too.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
03-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Quinn- no brainer....

KCJ58
03-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Brady Quinn

Caddy