PDA

View Full Version : JJ Arrington released

the decider13
05-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Season ending microfracture surgery, wasn't much room for him on the team anyways.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12461192

Timbathia
05-28-2009, 01:51 AM
It is a little disappointing as I thought he could contribute, especially early in the season while Moreno was getting up to speed.

This is what annoys me so much about most of the people in these forums (and many sports writers too). They bash McDaniels about being so stupid for picking up multiple FA RBs, and then drafting Moreno. Hey guess what, turns out Josh knew more than everyone gave him credit for. It was worth a try to get Arrington as he has a needed skill set, but turns out he wasnt up for it health-wise - no harm done. We still need a RB that can pass-protect and catch. Moreno wasnt a luxury - he is a necessary type of player for the offense to function that the Broncos want to run.

Is it too much to ask that these people actually stop and think about why something may have been done before mouthing off?????

CT Bronco Fan
06-01-2009, 11:42 AM
It is a little disappointing as I thought he could contribute, especially early in the season while Moreno was getting up to speed.

This is what annoys me so much about most of the people in these forums (and many sports writers too). They bash McDaniels about being so stupid for picking up multiple FA RBs, and then drafting Moreno. Hey guess what, turns out Josh knew more than everyone gave him credit for. It was worth a try to get Arrington as he has a needed skill set, but turns out he wasnt up for it health-wise - no harm done. We still need a RB that can pass-protect and catch. Moreno wasnt a luxury - he is a necessary type of player for the offense to function that the Broncos want to run.

Is it too much to ask that these people actually stop and think about why something may have been done before mouthing off?????

Well actually it cost us 1.8 million in cap space.

the decider13
06-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Well actually it cost us 1.8 million in cap space.

His money was contingent on him being able to participate in OTAs