PDA

View Full Version : B Marsh wants a raise

the decider13
05-29-2009, 09:19 PM
I'd like to see him spend an entire season without getting in trouble first. But the deal should get done because we won't have the money to sign him if he has a monster season.

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_12474188

brat316
05-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Damn he is staying in Denver. He could make mad loot if he went else where as a FA.

jkpigskin
05-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Did you guys watch the thing on OTA this morning on Marshall? It investigated Marshall and his ex and how Marshall frequently beat her. It was pretty scary to watch. It really depicted Marshall as a sort of monster in a way. Really got pissed after watching parts of this that he only got suspended one game. I didnt watch the whole thing but the parts i did made me lose all respect for him. I know this was last year but he hasnt shown that he has learned.

CT Bronco Fan
06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Did you guys watch the thing on OTA this morning on Marshall? It investigated Marshall and his ex and how Marshall frequently beat her. It was pretty scary to watch. It really depicted Marshall as a sort of monster in a way. Really got pissed after watching parts of this that he only got suspended one game. I didnt watch the whole thing but the parts i did made me lose all respect for him. I know this was last year but he hasnt shown that he has learned.

I'm assuming by your sig you're a Ravens fan?

Do you still root for Rey Lewis? I mean he killed a guy, paid off all the witnesses to change their stories, and then paid off the families to drop the charges in a civil suit.

jkpigskin
06-01-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm assuming by your sig you're a Ravens fan?

Do you still root for Rey Lewis? I mean he killed a guy, paid off all the witnesses to change their stories, and then paid off the families to drop the charges in a civil suit.

touche

I have some thoughts though. I think for me, the fact that i was about 10 or 11 when the Lewis incident happen is maybe a reason why it doesnt hit me as hard as something does now, where i have my moral compass and know right and wrong.

In Lewis' defense, he wasnt charged with murder (though we all know that doesnt mean much sometimes see: Oj simpson)ButLewis has shown that that incident is not who Ray Lewis is. He has built a reputation of being a leader and overall a respectable man. If he was a "thug" who constantly got in trouble with the law, than it would be a diff story.
Brandon Marshall has shown some reoccurance of run-ins throughout his short career. And i guess watching the story hit a part of me and my emotions...

I'm not trying to justify Ray or compare him to Brandon. Just a thought of why i felt the way i did towards this situation with Marshall

the decider13
06-02-2009, 07:20 AM
touche

I have some thoughts though. I think for me, the fact that i was about 10 or 11 when the Lewis incident happen is maybe a reason why it doesnt hit me as hard as something does now, where i have my moral compass and know right and wrong.

In Lewis' defense, he wasnt charged with murder (though we all know that doesnt mean much sometimes see: Oj simpson)ButLewis has shown that that incident is not who Ray Lewis is. He has built a reputation of being a leader and overall a respectable man. If he was a "thug" who constantly got in trouble with the law, than it would be a diff story.
Brandon Marshall has shown some reoccurance of run-ins throughout his short career. And i guess watching the story hit a part of me and my emotions...

I'm not trying to justify Ray or compare him to Brandon. Just a thought of why i felt the way i did towards this situation with Marshall

Well Ray was the same age as Brandon when he had his legal incident. Lots of players have a rough time at the start, but when they mature, they are fine. Ray matured, Marshall hasn't yet.

I watched the OTA thing...interesting that they only interview people from one side of the story.

FlyingElvis
06-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Marshall is in a great position of leverage. Holdout and miss a few games or don't holdout and miss a few games.

Oh, wait . . . :rolleyes:

I can't believe he's stupid enough to think now is a good time to piss and moan about deserving more money.

regoob2
06-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Marshall is in a great position of leverage. Holdout and miss a few games or don't holdout and miss a few games.

I can't believe he's stupid enough to think now is a good time to piss and moan about deserving more money.
If he has a below average season which is likely with Orton/Simms at QB then his value will go down.

the decider13
06-02-2009, 12:14 PM

He honestly isn't pissing and moaning...he said that he will not hold out. He is trying to get a deal done before he becomes a UFA.

FlyingElvis
06-02-2009, 03:49 PM
If he has a below average season which is likely with Orton/Simms at QB then his value will go down.
I understand that from his perspective, but that isn't really a factor in his bargaining position.

He honestly isn't pissing and moaning...he said that he will not hold out. He is trying to get a deal done before he becomes a UFA.

Ok, I'll reserve judgement for now. But I'm not expecting him to shut up and play. I'd like to see him prove me wrong b/c he does a great job interviewing and I always think he's a decent kid who is trying to do right.

Then he seems to veer off and looks like he's just a spoiled kid.

IMO - he might be better off waiting and going the FA route anyway. Josh McDaniels could be on his way to a disaster and Marshall would be wise to just play, play well and see how the season goes.