PDA

View Full Version : RB Dominic Rhodes to Visit

Windy
03-08-2007, 04:39 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Indianapolis free-agent running back Dominic Rhodes is scheduled to visit the Oakland Raiders on Thursday night.

This news is very interesting. He is going to command a good sized contract.

Rhodes-Jordan-Fargas.

Wishful thinking but it does sound good.

slightlyaraiderfan
03-08-2007, 04:57 PM
I think it'll be a nice solid signing, that's if we stay away from the big contract.

RaiderNation
03-08-2007, 05:00 PM
if he sign him we would have a nice rb's. just pound the ball up the middle and waste time off the clock and let our defence win the game for us...nice

Paranoidmoonduck
03-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Rhodes is a bit overrated, so if he doesn't come relatively cheap I would stay away. Then again, the market is pretty sewn up when it comes to runners right now, so maybe Rhodes would be willing to sign an average contract.

RaiderLifer
03-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Rhodes is going to get starter money from the Bills. I would love having him here but I don't see it happening.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-08-2007, 05:53 PM
he would be a better starter than Jordan ever was.

NIN1984
03-08-2007, 06:42 PM
I heard he wants starting RB money so...

Romyrick
03-08-2007, 06:53 PM
This would be a huge mistake, Rhodes is not good at all.

Stash
03-08-2007, 08:45 PM
I think that would be an extremely stupid move. Do we really need 3 RB's? Jordan is staying and getting what is still a hefty bonus even after the restructure, so he will probably start. Fargas is a good backup, so where would Rhodes fit in? I would rather we draft a RB in the later rounds and save a ton of money.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Id rather have Rhodes starting than Jordan.I would like someone who knows how to run N/S.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Id rather have Rhodes starting than Jordan.I would like someone who knows how to run N/S.

Jordan is absolutely a more talented back at this point. Bringing on another sizeable contract at the position attached to a player who isn't a promising youngster would foolish at this point in time.

portermvp84
03-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Rhodes never really panned out, he only had one good season. And it was last season.

SubNoize
03-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Rhodes would fit into a split back role w/ Jordan as you don't have to have a power back and a scat to do this. Addai was not that small and ran with power. Also i look at him as insurance as we're not 100% sure Jordan will return to form after a knee injury, some players tend to be afraid to take a hit after tears, Jamaal Anderson was never the same for example. I like the signing only if we don't overpay, listen Fargas was decent last year but overall he's nothing special and maybe can be installed into a Kevin Faulk role, where he comes in on obvious passing downs to catch out of the backfield. Ne deployed 3 Rb last year and it worked for them...

Romyrick
03-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Rhodes is literally one of the worst RB's in the league, just look at his DVOA ratings on Footballoutsiders.com