PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Interview With DeCosta

coordinator0
05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.php?cid=11&id=3484&view=archive

In this interview DeCosta answers a lot of interesting questions IMO, and one I'm especially intrigued by is what he said about LeRon and how he will be used this year.

TL: Lorenzo Neal is now gone with no other FB on the roster with NFL experience save Le’Ron McClain. Do you see McClain as being less of a factor in the running game with the return of a healthy Willis McGahee and the addition of Cedric Peerman?

ED: We have some depth at running back. Jalen Parmalee we are high on as well. It will be a game time decision based on matchups. Sometimes McClain may be better suited at fullback against one opponent yet he could be the featured back against another – again based on the match-ups. One of the things I really admire about Cam Cameron is his flexibility – his ability to select which players are best suited to exploit the weaknesses of that week’s opponent and use it to our advantage.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear lol. I really didn't think that LeRon would go back to being a full-time FB and this really makes me happy. I can definitely see Cook making the roster now.

There are also a few other questions that I've seen a lot of people ask in this interview. Great read IMO.

Ravens1991
05-30-2009, 10:21 PM
That is a good interview, I like what he said about Marcus Smith.

jkpigskin
05-30-2009, 11:25 PM
TL: Back to Paul Kruger…some had him as a first round talent yet he went in the second round, much like Dan Cody who was slated to play a similar position. Talk about their similarities and differences.

ED: Similarities…well both are white and really that almost makes the comparison inevitable. If Kruger was an African-American would people be making the same comparisons? What if I said he reminds me more of Tony Weaver, also a second round pick?

haha

We had two, maybe three receivers we liked in the first round but didn’t like the ones available at our pick. We loved Robiskie in Round 2 but the Browns got him before we could. You can’t take your 120th ranked player in Round 3 just to fill a need especially if that player isn’t as good as Marcus Smith.
gotta love the guy.. he def knows what he is doing

EdReedUnstoppable
05-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Good interview, I love that they still have faith in D Will, I do as well!!! If he stays healthy the dude is sickeningly good.

Save this post because this might be the last optimistic thing you hear from me for a while........

I'm thinkin this year could be pretty dam good!!

jkpigskin
05-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Good interview, I love that they still have faith in D Will, I do as well!!! If he stays healthy the dude is sickeningly good.

Save this post because this might be the last optimistic thing you hear from me for a while........

I'm thinkin this year could be pretty dam good!!

GASP!!!!!!! this may be sig worthy!
glad to see you back ERU, missed ur prescence

EdReedUnstoppable
05-30-2009, 11:43 PM
GASP!!!!!!! this may be sig worthy!
glad to see you back ERU, missed ur prescence

Not as much as I missed you buddy!

Yeah I don't know but I'm becoming more and more optimistic about this season. I'm really liking the changes in the DB area, and I have a sneaky suspicion all this WR bashing is gonna light a fire under guys like Mason and Clayton and we could be looking at a big year for those fellas. And I'm always gonna believe that DWill is beyond amazing if he can stay healthy.