PDA

View Full Version : Predict The Team Leaders

EdReedUnstoppable
05-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Just for fun because it's the offseason and I need something to talk about. Simple thing just put up who you think will lead the team in different stat categories.

Passing Yards- Joe Flacco
Passing TDs- Joe Flacco

Rushing Yds- Ray Rice
Rushing TDs- Le'Ron McClain
Carries- Ray Rice

Receiving Yds- Mark Clayton
Receptions- Derrick Mason
Receiving TDs- Todd Heap

Tackles= Ray Lewis
Sacks- Trevor Pryce
Interceptions- Ed Reed
Interceptions By Someone Not Named Ed Reed- Dominique Foxworth

Pro Bowlers- Joe Flacco/LeRon McClain/Ray Lewis/Ed Reed/Jared Gaither/Ben Grubbs

Just some early predictions from me, lets see yours.

Ravens1991
05-31-2009, 12:22 AM
Joe Flacco a pro bowler OMG is this ERU cousin or something. In this thread and this other thread it is crazy!!!

EdReedUnstoppable
05-31-2009, 04:12 AM
Joe Flacco a pro bowler OMG is this ERU cousin or something. In this thread and this other thread it is crazy!!!

No, I'm just feeling like our OL is gonna keep him clean like Peyton and Brady's lines do, and if they do then the sky is the limit.

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-31-2009, 01:14 PM
haha I love the new ERU!! More optimism! anyways heres mine-

Passing Yards- Joe Flacco - The kid has worked his butt off all offseason, did nothing but get better, I think he'll top 3,000 yards for sure.

Passing TDs- Joe Flacco - In a run oriented offense, he will probably come away with a low TD total, especially since we don't have an elite WR yet. I'll say 16-18

Receiving Yards- Demetrius Williams - I'm guessing somewhere in the low 900's

Receptions- Derrick Mason - He should be a lock for atleast 75+ He's got the best hands on the team.

First Downs- Todd Heap - With the addition of Oher, Synewski returning, Heap should be utlized in the pass game, and thats where he will excel. Look for him to lead the recievers in atleast 1 category.

Also, look for Mark Clayton to significantly improve. As well as Marcus Smith.

Rushing Yards- Ray Rice - He has stepped up in the absence of McGahee and I think he will overtake him for the #1 spot. He reminds me alot of Maurice Jones-Drew (height weight and speed wise) Plus he is a better receiver and lass injury prone. He might not go over 1,000 yards, but he will definetly lead the team. I expect 800-900 yards. Look for him to have alot of breakaway runs as well (30+ gains :) )

Rushing TD's- Ray Rice - McClain is obviously our best goaline back, but he is also our best and only blocker. Look for Rice to get the ball in the redzone, and McClain lead the way.

Carries- Ray Rice - Ray Rice is a typical "Harbaugh" type guy. Hard worker, great character and attitude. I think Harbaugh and the coaching staff will entrust him with most of the carries next year, in there minds, he has earned it. So basically, I believe Ray Rice will have a breakout year.

Tackles- Tavares Gooden - He has followed and learned alot from Ray this offseason. Not to mention, he's younger, faster, more athletic and covers more ground. Ray will still be the heart, soul and leader of there defense, but look for Gooden to do all the little dirty work. (ala Bart Scott, but alot better)

Sacks- Terrell Suggs - Well, he is our best pass rusher and he will probably play harder than ever to get that contract he's been looking for. I expect 10+ from him. I say 12-13.

Interceptions- Ed Reed - He's a straight up ballhawk and hopefully his neck is alot better. Outside of him, I think Dominique Foxworth will be a STUD for us. Maybe 4-5 INT's from him. I say Reed gets atleast 6-7.

scottyboy
05-31-2009, 01:29 PM
http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/ray_rice.jpg

you lucky SOB's

America
05-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Is everyone throwing out Willis as our starting RB? I wouldn't be surprised if he led us in yards and carries.

BmoreBlackByrdz
05-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Is everyone throwing out Willis as our starting RB? I wouldn't be surprised if he led us in yards and carries.

He defenetly is capable but I think Harbaugh strongly prefer's Rice. I mean the kid's been working his butt off all offseason. I know McGahee is injured but he isnt the type of worker that Rice is. So with Rice putting in all this work, obviously Harbaugh will prefer him over McGahee at this point. Is McGahee the better back? Arguably yes, but who puts it 100% effort on and off the field? Rice does, and in John Harbaughs mind, thats who he'd rather have running the ball.

jkpigskin
05-31-2009, 09:01 PM
He defenetly is capable but I think Harbaugh strongly prefer's Rice. I mean the kid's been working his butt off all offseason. I know McGahee is injured but he isnt the type of worker that Rice is. So with Rice putting in all this work, obviously Harbaugh will prefer him over McGahee at this point. Is McGahee the better back? Arguably yes, but who puts it 100% effort on and off the field? Rice does, and in John Harbaughs mind, thats who he'd rather have running the ball.

IMO, McGahee is gonna be our leader in carries and yards. But i have no doubt that LeRon, Ray, and Willis will all lead the team in rushing in at least one week. Harbaugh was talking about how McClain may be a better option in one week, but not the other. And McGahee has been working hard too, he showed up for optional workouts, I see a bounce back year

anyway, here is mine

Passing Yards- Joe Flacco
Passing TDs- Joe Flacco

Rushing Yds- Willis McGahee
Rushing TDs- Le'Ron McClain
Carries- Willis McGahee

Receiving Yds- Derrick Mason
Receptions- Derrick Mason
Receiving TDs- Todd Heap

Tackles= Ray Lewis
Sacks- Terrell Suggs
Interceptions- Ed Reed
Interceptions By Someone Not Named Ed Reed- Dawan Landry

Pro Bowlers- McClain, Gaither, Grubbs, Suggs, Lewis, Reed, Koch

EdReedUnstoppable
05-31-2009, 09:55 PM

I'm not throwing him out but I will say last year he let me down alot! And after that hit in Pittsburgh who knows if he'll ever be the same again, sometimes hits like that can make a guy gunshy and he never regains what he once was. Not saying that is gonna happen to Willis but it could so I'm goin with offensive Ray Ray. However it would not shock me at all if Willis came back fired up and took hold of the #1 RB job and flourished in it.

dcarey20
06-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Passing Yards - Joe Flacco
Passing TDs - Joe Flacco

Rushing Yds - Willis McGahee
Rushing TDs - Willis McGahee
Carries - Willis McGahee

Receiving Yds - Derrck Mason
Receptions - Derrick Mason
Receiving TDs- Todd Heap

Tackles - Ray Lewis
Sacks -Terrell Suggs
Interceptions - Ed Reed
Interceptions By Someone Not Named Ed Reed - Dominique Foxworth

Pro Bowlers- Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, Ben Grubbs

jkpigskin
06-02-2009, 02:48 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/06/McGahee_Heads_Sparse_List_of_Vets_at_OTA.aspx

as of right now, Ray Rice is running with the 1st team while McGahee runs with the second. I see that as more because of the injuries that McGahee is recovering from. But seeing him at the OTAs are really a great sign. He seems to be determined to have a comeback type year.