PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks 2009-2010 Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Cicero
06-02-2009, 10:34 AM
To start this thread off, we finally have some (limited as it may be) news about Walter Jones.

The latest we’ve seen is Jones running wind sprints with trainers at the end of practice during organized team activities. Jones didn’t seem to favor his surgically repaired left knee during the workout, and appears to be on track to be ready for training camp.

We’ve already detailed the number of Seahawks who have been able to return from microfracture surgery for Seattle. Another thing I think that works in Jones’ favor is his injury history. Jones has missed only a handful of games in his career, starting all 16, regular season games seven times during his 13-year stint in the NFL.

And Jones is still a good athlete who is mobile for his size. So I suspect if he returns healthy that Jones can play for at least another two seasons, which is probably the reason the Hawks chose not to draft an offensive tackle in the first round.
http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2009/06/01/answers_to_your_questions_back_from_the_

Running in a straight line isn't the hardest thing on your knee, but it's good to see he's moving around.

HawkEye30
06-02-2009, 05:03 PM
honestly as much as we need big walt, we really need to have a healthy productive patrick kerney, and also did anyone see the one preview for madden 2010 where we have the neon green jereseys on, ill post the link for the video later

Cicero
06-03-2009, 02:14 AM
honestly as much as we need big walt, we really need to have a healthy productive patrick kerney, and also did anyone see the one preview for madden 2010 where we have the neon green jereseys on, ill post the link for the video later

Yes, I did see that and I have to say those jerseys are quite hideous.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4215859

HawkEye30
06-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Yes, I did see that and I have to say those jerseys are quite hideous.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4215859

yea they're pretty ugly, i love our home jerseys but i wouldnt mind if we got new away jerseys

Cicero
06-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Just made my last forum mock pick.

11. Carlos Dunlap
21. Brian Bulaga
53. Deunta Williams
77. C.J. Spiller

Traded down to GB's #13 spot and picked up Jarrett Bush and their third rounder
Traded up to Dallas #11 spot and sent the 13th and our fourth

We had all underclassmen declaring. 4 rounds.

Cicero
06-09-2009, 10:35 AM
http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=870760&nid=4325359&fhn=1

Courtney Greene signed.

Cicero
06-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Teel and Reed signed as well.

Cicero
06-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Cameron Morrah signed.
http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2009/06/18/hawks_sign_te_morrah

ChezPower4
07-25-2009, 12:58 PM
The Hawks sign WR Deon Butler

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/07/24/seahawks.butler.ap/index.html

jballa838
07-25-2009, 08:14 PM
We need WRs to step up this year, and Butler could be that guy. Basic run of the mill 3rd round contract, but he should come and help immediately.

HawkEye30
07-29-2009, 03:47 PM
would someone please start a topic haha

HawkEye30
08-01-2009, 08:41 AM
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seahawks/story/830584.html
i kind of figured this would happen, interesting part was locklear at rg so maybe theyll put willis at rt

summond822
08-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Long time no see guys. What I'm more interested in Hawks land is when are they going to sign Aaron Curry. Curry's representatives are apparently asking for the guaranteed money that Sanchez got at 5 (28 million) but the Seahawks believe that QB's earn more money than other positions (completely true) and therefore it sounds like we could end up having a potential hold out beyond just the opening weekend of training camp.

duckseason
08-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Long time no see guys. What I'm more interested in Hawks land is when are they going to sign Aaron Curry. Curry's representatives are apparently asking for the guaranteed money that Sanchez got at 5 (28 million) but the Seahawks believe that QB's earn more money than other positions (completely true) and therefore it sounds like we could end up having a potential hold out beyond just the opening weekend of training camp.
Seattle's FO needs to cut the BS and admit it's not the position of the #5 overall pick that's relevant. Mark Sanchez got the contract he got because of where he was selected.

When you pick a guy #4 overall, you're acknowledging that he's worth #4 overall money. Plain and simple. You're saying he's worth more to your franchise than any player still left on the board, QB's included. If they feel that LB's aren't worth that kind of money, it's contradictory to draft Aaron Curry with the #4 overall selection. They think Mark Sanchez is worth more, then they made the wrong selection.

redbills
08-19-2009, 11:41 PM
How has Max Unger looked so far?

summond822
08-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Seahawks have apparently signed Edgerrin James. Sounds like a 1 year, $2 million contract. They need the depth that's for sure, but other than that, it is kind of hard to see why they made this move.

HawkEye30
08-24-2009, 09:48 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/08/24/james-signs-deal-with-seahawks/
dont really get this one either

summond822
08-25-2009, 09:01 PM
There was an article on James's official site talking about him coming to Seattle, but it is gone now. This may be a case where the leak may have blown up the deal. It also sounds as if this deal is actually going to happen then Duckett is gone.

HawkEye30
08-25-2009, 09:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4422263

i have to admit i did not see this one coming, i was never a fan of duckett but i was sure he would have stuck around because he played for mora

Cicero
08-26-2009, 12:34 AM
I would rather have Duckett than Jones. At least Duckett does one thing (short yardage) well where as Jones fails as everything.

HawkEye30
08-26-2009, 08:46 AM
we desperately need to sign another lt, such as mark tauscher or levi jones , the sean locklear experience will not work

Geo
08-26-2009, 09:54 AM
I love the pick-up of Edge by the Seahawks, he should start for them all year imo.

Babylon
08-26-2009, 05:45 PM
How has Max Unger looked so far?

Better than expected i think and versatile. With the health of the OL i would be surprised if he doesnt start, might of anyway.

Cicero
09-04-2009, 06:02 PM
We should add another former Cardinal in Roderick Hood. We need someone to start opposite Lucas while Tru is out and he knows all of Arizona's schemes.

Hurricanes25
09-04-2009, 06:05 PM
How has Mike Teel and Courtney Greene played for you this pre-season?

Cicero
09-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Teel looked good. He looke like a rookie, but he definitely held his own out there. Greene didn't do a whole lot, which is probably why he got cut.

Jack Ikegwuonu also got cut. TR you need to get us another CB make it happen!

Babylon
09-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Sort of weird when a starter gets cut. (Brian Russell) They'll find out real quick Lawyer Malloy isnt the answer but in reality whoever is back there is keeping the seat warm for Mays or Berry.

Cicero
09-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Ikegwuonu signed to Eagles practice squad...not happy.

Splat
09-14-2009, 06:55 PM
McIntosh heading to Seattle for a visit (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/14/mcintosh-heading-to-seattle-for-a-visit/)

I'm sorry.

HawkEye30
09-28-2009, 08:08 AM
Alright guys I'm not even gonna lie, I figured that if the bears can beat the steelers they sure as hell can beat the injury ridden seahawks. With that said I think we played a helluva game, I think the defense looked really good except for deon grant taking travis fisher out on that last play haha. I was extremely pleased with our linebackers, hawthorne is a beast, herring goes non stop, and aaron curry is starting to get it and he looks real good. Overall if mare had made those field goals we would have gone into OT and I believe we had a reall good chance to win that ball game. I saw some of Mora's press conference after the game, haha he was pissed as hell at Mare and rightfully so, so i wouldnt be too surprised if couto comes back or someone else

HawkEye30
09-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Another thing i was pleased with was brandon frye, now im not a 100% but i don't think he gave a sack up and he played better than locklear was at lt, actually the o-line played better than i thought they would

Babylon
09-28-2009, 01:44 PM
^
They did play well but you arent going to win consistantly in the NFL with that many injuries. Players and coaches dont admit it but it's fact.

At some point they are going to have to address the backup QB position. I don't know if Mike Teel is the eventual answer but Matt cant seem to stay on the field and Seneca is just a stop gap. One of those two 1st round picks is going to have to be a QB of the future. The other is probably going to be a safety or a LT.

Cicero
10-01-2009, 01:23 AM
Out-

LT Walter Jones (Possibly done forever)
LT Sean Locklear
CB Marcus Trufant (PUP)
OLB Leroy Hill
QB Matt Hasselbeck

Questionable-
OT Brandon Frye
CB Josh Wilson

**** it's going to be brutal this weekend.

HawkEye30
10-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Out-

LT Walter Jones (Possibly done forever)
LT Sean Locklear
CB Marcus Trufant (PUP)
OLB Leroy Hill
QB Matt Hasselbeck

Questionable-
OT Brandon Frye
CB Josh Wilson

**** it's going to be brutal this weekend.

haha yes but you have to look at the positives, there's a CHANCE dwight freeny wont play, which could mean we won't give up as many sacks as if he did play.

jballa838
10-03-2009, 12:32 PM
haha yes but you have to look at the positives, there's a CHANCE dwight freeny wont play, which could mean we won't give up as many sacks as if he did play.
Still, Seneca is gonna be on his back a lot this week. not excited.

Cicero
10-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Can we please get a RB who is worth a damn in the ZBS? Cutting Jones and James and getting two RBs off of waivers would probably improve our run game as sad as that is. Ryan Torain (Shanny loved him) and/or Selvin Young anyone?

gpngc
10-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Can we please get a RB who is worth a damn in the ZBS? Cutting Jones and James and getting two RBs off of waivers would probably improve our run game as sad as that is. Ryan Torain (Shanny loved him) and/or Selvin Young anyone?

CJ SPILLER.

Cicero
10-08-2009, 08:08 PM
CJ SPILLER.

But that doesn't help us now lol. Personally I would rather spend our second first rounder on a LT if we take any other position first (Locker plzzzz) or a DB if we miss the QBs and take a LT with our first pick. I like the value at RB later much more than I do at LT.

There is a chance either best or Spiller will be there in round 2. That and this is a really stacked RB class. For eligible guys you have Best, Spiller, Dwyer, Murray, Gerhart, Devine, Royster, McKnight, Cooper, and Matthews just off the top of my head. All the juniors won't declare obviously but even if half of them do we will still have quite a few choices after round 1.

gpngc
10-08-2009, 08:58 PM
But that doesn't help us now lol. Personally I would rather spend our second first rounder on a LT if we take any other position first (Locker plzzzz) or a DB if we miss the QBs and take a LT with our first pick. I like the value at RB later much more than I do at LT.

There is a chance either best or Spiller will be there in round 2. That and this is a really stacked RB class. For eligible guys you have Best, Spiller, Dwyer, Murray, Gerhart, Devine, Royster, McKnight, Cooper, and Matthews just off the top of my head. All the juniors won't declare obviously but even if half of them do we will still have quite a few choices after round 1.

well if we hadn't drafted a 4-3 OLB instead of a franchise QB we could've gone RB-LT in rd. 1....

I'm just a huge Spiller fan is all.

Let's salvage this season, a win at home vs JAC and then another vs ARZ and we're right back in it.... and I'm the pessimist!!!!!!!!

summond822
10-09-2009, 01:47 AM
well if we hadn't drafted a 4-3 OLB instead of a franchise QB we could've gone RB-LT in rd. 1....

I'm just a huge Spiller fan is all.

Let's salvage this season, a win at home vs JAC and then another vs ARZ and we're right back in it.... and I'm the pessimist!!!!!!!!

Works out better for us if we get Locker over anything that we would've gotten last year. Come draft day the question isn't going to be how far will Jake slide, but how high will he go? Come draft day, if they need to, they need to package both of their picks together and get him. Keep him home!!!!

As for the season here is the key to salvaging it: Getting healthy. Mora is enough of a raw-raw guy that he can pick up the team, but he can't win if 3/4 of the starting line-up is out. With Jones likely out for October, this offensive line really needs to start picking it up.

And as it is, I don't really like Spiller. I'd rather have Jahvid Best. You can sign effective RB's off the street (GB did it with Samkon Gado) but if you want best results you take one in the draft. I don't understand why Ruskell doesn't understand this key concept. You typically don't get good RB's in FA because their locked up long before then.

So here's my message to Ruskell: Do whatever it takes to bring in Jake Locker and draft a RB in one of the first 3 rounds this year!!!! (Finding a replacement for Walter Jones would appreciated too)

Cicero
10-10-2009, 03:11 AM
Garrard is in for a real surprise. I hope he likes 1st and 15's...

"It's really hard for me to believe that this place is going to be louder than Indianapolis' old stadium."

jballa838
10-10-2009, 10:09 AM
hahaha even at whatever our record is, you know its gonna be a loud game.

12TH MAN STAND UP!

The Unseen
10-11-2009, 06:07 PM
good game y'all. Hasselbeck seems to be back.

Cicero
10-13-2009, 01:44 AM
I usually like my mock draft outcomes, I'm not feeling so great about this one though. The top 3 QBs got taken before me :(. Maybe I should have taken Hayden over Campbell but I didn't want to have to pray to get him at pick 21 especially when he's my 2nd OT.

My first two picks were...
14. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland- After Bulaga and William's struggles he's my #2 OT now. I can't complain about this pick, although I might have gotten Gerald McCoy if I didn't take him with the Titans and he might have fell to 21 if I took Haden. I was probably going to take Haden but I didn't see the time slots got changed, so the Texans jumped me and took him.

21. Allen Bailey, DT, Miami- Outside of this weekend our run D has been terrible and Bailey is a monster against both the run and getting to the QB. None of our DTs really stand out except Mebane in my opinion.

I got stuck at pick 21. I don't think any of the RBs are worth it, I already got a LT, Haden was gone, so I took Bailey before my clock ran out. I hope things change at CB because I really don't know who we would take here.

At pick 36 although I really wanted to grab a corner Cox and Robinson were gone and there was Greg Hardy. He was just too valuable at this point and I couldn't pass on him. I like the Giants philosophy of there's no such thing as too many pass rushers. Kerney is getting up there in age and is often injured as well. I considered Earl Thomas here but Hardy was just too much value.

I can't go without taking a RB so I'm going to hope I can get Ryan Matthews tomorrow. I love this guy and I think he's a perfect fit for the ZBS.

Ideally in this scenario we could have signed a CB in free agency and resigned Lucas + moved him to FS. This mock definitely didn't go how I planned but doing this really made me realize how tough of a spot we might be in with the pick from the Broncos. Our pass rush would be beastly that's for sure lol.

summond822
10-16-2009, 03:44 PM
LT & 2 defensive linemen would be nice. Our platoon at DT, other than Mebane, really hasn't been solid yet. However, Kerney is getting older, so I like the pick of Hardy. Even if he is only a situational pass rusher.

Cicero
10-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Mora officially gives up on the season
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2009/10/18/jim-mora-press-conference-playoffs-no-longer-hawks-focus/

Babylon
10-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Mora officially gives up on the season
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2009/10/18/jim-mora-press-conference-playoffs-no-longer-hawks-focus/

Well after they lose at Dallas in two weeks they're going to be 2-5. Anyone thinking playoffs is nuts. Probably something a coach isnt going to say too often that they're out of it (or even hint that) but they're out of it. I actually would rather see them lose a bunch of games and rebuild with a great draft but i'm sure they'll play all their games to win.

Cicero
10-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Well after they lose at Dallas in two weeks they're going to be 2-5. Anyone thinking playoffs is nuts. Probably something a coach isnt going to say too often that they're out of it (or even hint that) but they're out of it. I actually would rather see them lose a bunch of games and rebuild with a great draft but i'm sure they'll play all their games to win.

I think it's a realistic assessment that we aren't making the playoffs but I just thought it was odd to hear from Mora this early in the season, especially since we still are waiting on quite a few key guys to come back from injuries. I'm used to coaches being overly optimistic.

The Chiefs should have beat the Cowboys and with the way they're playing this year you can't guarantee anything. We have a legit shot at beating them, not because we are playing really well but because they just haven't looked good this year. Romo is having a terrible season and they're really struggling with their pass rush. I'm not counting on a win but if the Chiefs can put up a fight we definitely can, especially if we have Trufant, Locklear, and Hill playing.

jballa838
10-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Seriously. Mora should never say that, but he has every right to.
Our line is in shambles and Walter Jones is probably done. Matty has missed a lot this season and you have to wonder how much he has left in the reserves. Our RB's are bad. On the bright side Deon Butler has looked great and John Carlson has been also lookin great. On D our line sucks, best player is out for a long time (might not be season anymore I'm hearing), and our secondary is whack.

summond822
10-20-2009, 11:00 PM
This is going to be a thoroughly disturbing season. It's just so frustrating to see this team show a flash of greatness against Jacksonville then turn around and look about as bad as possible against Arizona. I don't think we could've beat the Rams the way we played Sunday.

There really isn't anything that can be done about injuries except to get younger. Lets be perfectly honest with ourselves, this team is likely not even gonna reach .500 this year. Something needs to be done, mainly a large rebuilding effort. We need to find a replacement to Hasselbeck, Jones (Julius & Walter), Kerney, etc. Also, this plague of injuries on the offensive line is not going to stop until we get multiple new players in there. Once these guys start to get hurt they never stop.

Cicero
10-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Jake Locker would be my guess. But it's very early. RT @blurm: @Adam_Schefter At this point, who is the first QB to get drafted?

:) followed by :(

Babylon
10-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Jake Locker would be my guess. But it's very early. RT @blurm: @Adam_Schefter At this point, who is the first QB to get drafted?

:) followed by :(

They should invoke the old NBA rule where you could draft a guy who had been enrolled for 4 years and let him play his senior year (Celtics did it with Larry Bird). Jake could go to summer camp with the Seahawks then play for the Huskies in the fall.

Cicero
10-24-2009, 01:57 AM
Anyone else going to the game UW-Oregon game tomorrow?

jballa838
10-24-2009, 07:14 PM
did you end up going?

Cicero
10-25-2009, 05:28 AM
did you end up going?

Yes, yes I did attend that massacre.

summond822
10-25-2009, 01:09 PM
I didn't have tickets, but it was probably a good thing cause I ended up walking out of the room in the third quarter after that pick. I live pretty close to the frats, so I got to hear the Oregon fans come up the street afterwards...man that is infuriating.

jballa838
10-25-2009, 05:48 PM
I watched on tv shaking my head. It was awful. At least we have a bye week this week to get back on track.

summond822
11-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Well, we have problems. Mora has officially given up on the season (saying the entire organization is going to be be evaluated is giving up >.<), and there are so many places where they need to improve, but I'm thinking right now, Jake Locker, one of the OT's once that finally gets shaken out, or (and this may not make immediate sense) either Suh or McCoy.

Locker or an OT are obvious, our offense is old and we need the replacements sooner rather than later. But why Suh or McCoy? Our defensive line is not very good with the exception of Mebane & Kerney. Kerney is old and he's been injured the last couple of years. We need to find a true successor to him this offseason, hopefully in the draft or Jackson/Tapp decide that they want to develop into pass rushers.

Suh & McCoy don't fill an obvious need, but they do fill one. We desperately need someone who can stop the run, and pairing Suh or McCoy up alongside Mebane would lead to us having an amazing defensive front for years to come. Tapp & Jackson would automatically become better because teams would be forced to double team inside, leaving our ends with solo matchups. And if by chance our ends become dominant, then teams are going to face the quandry of who to double team on any given play.

Teams are built through the lines. You can have the greatest linebackers, safeties, & corners ever, but if your unable to consistently generate a pass rush, they are going to get beat. It happens. Look at the worst defenses in the league, look at how many sacks they get. Then if their a team like the Seahawks were last year, through out the games where they get 5 sacks and compare the numbers the rest of the games. Pass rush is key to a successful defense, and until the Seahawks get one again, this defense is going to underperform, thus me desperately wanting to get someone like Suh who is so dominating in all facets of the game.

Edit: Also, Suh is from Portland so while not quite the local boy that Taylor Mays is, he is pretty close to being one.

gpngc
11-02-2009, 10:07 PM
I mean we wasted a top 4 pick on a non-impact player last year. That was just terrible. We should have Mark Sanchez right now. Instead we have T.J. Houshmandzadeh and a million good LBs with no help in front or behind them.

summond822
11-03-2009, 03:17 PM
I mean we wasted a top 4 pick on a non-impact player last year. That was just terrible. We should have Mark Sanchez right now. Instead we have T.J. Houshmandzadeh and a million good LBs with no help in front or behind them.

I would've settled for Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe. Our offensive line is horrible, and this "don't draft positions of need because we don't want to alienate our older players" habit of Ruskell is starting to piss me off.

I love Aaron Curry, but your right, LB is not an impact position. In hindsight there is no doubt that Mark Sanchez would've been the right pick. Especially now that Hasselbeck has injured ribs and one more hit like the one from Willis could end his career.

Cicero
11-09-2009, 03:13 AM
Thank goodness for Matt Bustford.

Babylon
11-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Thank goodness for Matt Bustford.

Stafford shouldnt even be playing yet. The Detroit pass to run ratio is completely backwards, if you're going to play a rookie then do what they did in Atlanta and Baltimore with Ryan and Flacco, run the ball. The Lions were getting 5.4 ypc and should have run the ball. Stafford should be a senior in the SEC not starting for the worst team in the league.

Cicero
11-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Even against the Rams Hasselbeck didn't look very good today. If it wasn't already 100% clear that we need a QB in this draft, it should be to everyone now.

summond822
12-07-2009, 11:04 AM
I am happy that we beat SF even if it ends up making us drop a little bit in terms of the draft, but at the end of that game, why the heck was Julius Jones in the game on that last series?!?!?! He doesn't have the skill set of Forsett, who is better in open space, is a legitimate threat out of the backfield, and a better pass blocker.

It seemed to me that Mora was trying to send a message to Forsett/Jones throughout the game that Jones is the number 1 back regardless of what Forsett has done. Crediting Forsett's numbers to "the line getting healthier" is like saying that he's not a very good RB. I'm pretty sure that we all agree that Forsett is the better runner, and the commentators for the game even said that SF thought that Forsett was the better runner. *sigh* Well I didn't understand the decision...but maybe I'm wrong

Cicero
12-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Is there really anything to say for this game that we haven't already gone over a bunch? Terrible coverage, no pass rush, terrible o-line play... I switched games at halftime it was just too painful to watch.

I'm at the point where I'm starting to think it might be better just to not watch the rest of our games and save myself the stress and frustration. It's much more fun looking at the draft.

Cicero
12-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Bad mood? Ha who cares Huskies still have Locker!

summond822
12-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Bad mood? Ha who cares Huskies still have Locker!

We better enjoy Locker for the one year we have him, cause he's not playing in Seattle as a pro unless we're drafting #1 (barring injury *knock on wood*)

Babylon
12-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Thing that really stood out to me was how pathetic the O-line is. They just cant pick up a blitz on this team. Add to that they may well lose Spencer in the off season so i think it's almost to a point where they need to draft a lineman high and add a quality free agent.

summond822
12-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Thing that really stood out to me was how pathetic the O-line is. They just cant pick up a blitz on this team. Add to that they may well lose Spencer in the off season so i think it's almost to a point where they need to draft a lineman high and add a quality free agent.

It's completely true, but isn't the reason why we drafted Unger to replace Spencer, longterm?

However, there was a good article calling out Mora for calling out the offensive line. Pretty much it says that since our defense was so pathetic that they couldn't stop Houston, and thereby put the offense into a hug hole, the offensive line really had no shot.

Your not going to stop Mario Williams all game when he knows your going to pass. This is a result of the offensive scheme not fitting the offensive talent, and Knapp & Mora are at fault for that just as much as Ruskell is. But I lay the blame of a crappy defense squarely on the shoulders of Mora.

The team as a whole came out unprepared and unwilling to play. Maybe it's cause theres a cancer in the locker room (Housh). Or maybe it's cause there isn't a coach who actually knows how to get his players prepared for the game.

gpngc
12-14-2009, 09:16 PM
And Michael Crabtree is right on cue...

Fun times.

Next week, Sanchez throws for 400 yards and five touchdowns watch...

while Curry is still chasing after Vernon Davis.

Cicero
12-14-2009, 09:45 PM

Fun times.

After that shot Curry took to the ribs he's not going to be chasing anyone for the next week or two.

summond822
12-15-2009, 12:30 AM

Fun times.

You should really just be rooting for Crabtree to fail right now...

You actually think Sanchez is going to throw for 200, let alone 500 yards against Atlanta?

And Curry is hurt, so who knows how long he's out for.

gpngc
12-16-2009, 01:40 PM
You should really just be rooting for Crabtree to fail right now...

You actually think Sanchez is going to throw for 200, let alone 500 yards against Atlanta?

And Curry is hurt, so who knows how long he's out for.

I just call it how I see it.

I see Sanchez every week and anything the overblown NY media is saying negative about the 21-year-old CHILD is just that- OVERBLOWN.

Here's what we passed on:

He has:

-exceptional leadership qualities, heart, and toughness

-good pocket awareness and excellent mobility

-underrated arm strength (can make any throw on field for Braylon to drop)

His negatives:

-making a bunch of mistakes in reading coverages and taking unnecessary risks

This is a product of a few things:

a) the Jets think they are good and do not want their green QB to hold them back. It's hard for someone so young to hand the ball off 100 times and get into rhythm passing when it's needed. He's not getting the chance to just go out there and explore the art of NFL quarterbacking like Stafford is because the Jets are a D/Run-oriented team with a shot at the playoffs.

b) He's ridiculously young and inexperienced. 16 career starts is crazy. You can tell by his body language that he's impatient and overzealous in almost every respect. He'll calm down, and the game will slow down for him in the coming years if not weeks.

In my estimation, he's on pace to become a great QB for years and years to come. It really just sucks that we don't have a QB is all.

Cicero
12-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Just when you think watching the Hawks couldn't get any more depressing...

yodabear
12-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Just when you think watching the Hawks couldn't get any more depressing...

Not only that, but u pretty much guaranteed that Ndomakung (pretty close maybe?) will be in the division next year (hopefully at least).

Cicero
12-28-2009, 04:22 AM
I'm so glad I chose to sleep through the Hawks game today. I've been avoiding the highlights on ESPN as well. Definitely avoiding next week's game watching Chris Johnson rape and pillage our defense is not going to be fun.

Babylon
12-28-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm so glad I chose to sleep through the Hawks game today. I've been avoiding the highlights on ESPN as well. Definitely avoiding next week's game watching Chris Johnson rape and pillage our defense is not going to be fun.

Decided to go see Sherlock Holmes but that didnt start till 2:30 so i watched the debacle in Green Bay. No surprises i think we all know they would get smoked. Bigger question i guess is who will be back next year. Personally getting tired of the whole Matt Hasselbeck act but maybe one more year till Montlake Jake arrives.

Cicero
12-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Has Ruskell's horrible offensive line turned Hasselbeck into Marc Bulger 2.0? I finally got around to reading the recaps and from what I read it was another pathetic week from him.

Babylon
12-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Hass hasnt much to work with. No real running game and his receivers arent going to go after the ball. He's probably still a decent QB but by the time they rebuild around him he'll be done. Need to start grooming his replacement.

If i werent so interested in Jake Locker coming after next season i wouldnt have a problem with drafting a QB early but i dont see anyone on his level to make that move now. Just my take.

summond822
12-28-2009, 09:21 PM

I wish I would've. As I sat there watching the game with my dad, we were both wondering why the hell Hasselbeck was still in the game after his third interception, then he went and threw his fourth. It was an absolutely pathetic game to watch, and if it wasn't for flipping to the Ravens-Steelers game, I probably wouldn't have stayed in the room long enough to watch how badly our team played. Also, I'm really starting to get tired of seeing Houshmanzadeh running his mouth, yelling at people when he hasn't done **** to back up his huge contract or his mouth.

Personally, I think the Seahawks should try to transform one of their picks into a first rounder next year, giving them some extra trade bait to try and get ammunition for a run at Locker.

Babylon
12-29-2009, 02:49 PM
I wish I would've. As I sat there watching the game with my dad, we were both wondering why the hell Hasselbeck was still in the game after his third interception, then he went and threw his fourth. It was an absolutely pathetic game to watch, and if it wasn't for flipping to the Ravens-Steelers game, I probably wouldn't have stayed in the room long enough to watch how badly our team played. Also, I'm really starting to get tired of seeing Houshmanzadeh running his mouth, yelling at people when he hasn't done **** to back up his huge contract or his mouth.

Personally, I think the Seahawks should try to transform one of their picks into a first rounder next year, giving them some extra trade bait to try and get ammunition for a run at Locker.

Depending on who's running the show there i think you'll see a lot of movement on draft day. There are probably offensive lineman/safties/rbs they can get with later picks than they have. Gathering extra ammo to go after Locker has to be a priority.

Cicero
01-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Jason La Confora of NFL.com is now reporting that the Seahawks list of potential candidates for the vacant general manager position is down to four, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

According to the report, Ravens personnel director Eric DeCosta and Packers director of football operations John Schneider were two of the final four candidates who have been contacted.

La Confora also goes on to mention that Arizona Cardinals director of player personnel Steve Keim and Philadelphia GM Tom Heckert are the two other finalists. However, La Confora says he has not determined if Keim has been contacted. But he does report that to his knowledge Heckert has not been contacted for the Seahawks position.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2010/01/05/report-hawks-gm-list-down-to-four-finalists/

Good. All people involved in organizations who draft well. I still want DeCosta <33333.

Oh, and I just came across this.

Marc Ross, the Giants’ college scouting director for the last two years, is reportedly a candidate to become the next general manager of the Seattle Seahawks.

Ross, who replaced Jerry Reese in the chief scout role when Reese got the Giants’ GM job before the 2007 season, will interview for the GM vacancy in Seattle next week, according to a Twitter report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

The 35-year-old Ross has spent 14 years in the NFL, including as a scout with the Philadelphia Eagles and Buffalo Bills

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/#ixzz0bxkAWabf

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/#ixzz0bwzj2Abf

Once again another guy from an organization who drafts extremely well. This is the kind of stuff I like to see.

summond822
01-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Nice finds. I agree I'm excited about both DeCosta & Ross, especially if Ross is actually a candidate for the job. It's hard not to be excited about guys who have proven to excel at finding great talent through the draft.

summond822
01-08-2010, 10:35 AM
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=266819

John Clayton on the GM & coaching situation.

Not good news regarding the GM search. Kinda makes you wonder what the hell is going on in the front office not starting interviews earlier.

Cicero
01-08-2010, 02:25 PM
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=266819

John Clayton on the GM & coaching situation.

Not good news regarding the GM search. Kinda makes you wonder what the hell is going on in the front office not starting interviews earlier.

Noooooo. DeCosta has to come for an interview. :(

iworshipbender
01-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Well, you guys are pretty sure going to get Pete Carroll. Congrats!

summond822
01-09-2010, 07:17 PM
I heard a rumor that the Seahawks were converting to a 3-4 defense next year once Carrol comes up here. Can anyone confirm or deny this, cause I can't remember where I read the article. It makes a lot of sense because it'll finally let our strongest defensive position (linebacker) be able to make plays all over the field.

Of course I think we'd still be one or two OLB's away in that case, and taking Sergio Kindle somewhere in the draft would make me extremely happy if we convert to a 3-4

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-10-2010, 12:10 AM
I heard a rumor that the Seahawks were converting to a 3-4 defense next year once Carrol comes up here. Can anyone confirm or deny this, cause I can't remember where I read the article. It makes a lot of sense because it'll finally let our strongest defensive position (linebacker) be able to make plays all over the field.

Of course I think we'd still be one or two OLB's away in that case, and taking Sergio Kindle somewhere in the draft would make me extremely happy if we convert to a 3-4

im a huge pete carrol fan but a bigger washington fan so im glad you guys got him. but im pretty sure you guys will end up running a variation of the 3-4 because thats what he ran at SC. with two first rounders this year it will help you guys in transition though, the pack did the same thing last offseason and its worked out great for them, however dom capers 3-4 and pete carrols 3-4 defense are a little different

summond822
01-10-2010, 12:33 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/01/pete-carroll-will-just-be-seahawks-coach.html

Link clarifying that Pete Carroll is going to only be the coach for the Seahawks as well as some contract details. I would like for the Seahawks to have a GM in place before the playoffs are over, or at the latest a week after the Super Bowl.

Cicero
01-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Our personnel does not fit well into the 3-4 at all. I really hope we don't try that.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Our personnel does not fit well into the 3-4 at all. I really hope we don't try that.

dont be too worried.. ours didnt fit well either.

jballa838
01-10-2010, 04:51 PM
What do we do with all our 4-3 edge rushers in the 3-4? Nobody wants to see fatass Darryl Tapp dropping back into coverage.

gpngc
01-10-2010, 04:55 PM
LOL really.

There is no reason to move to a 3-4.

And Kindle? Seriously? You want to invest ANOTHER draft pick on a linebacker? They need literally everything else.

And thats besides Kindle being massively overrated and one dimensional.

jballa838
01-10-2010, 04:58 PM
seriously. don't we have enough linebackers with ridiculous contracts?

ChefMike
03-08-2010, 09:03 AM
QB or LT in the 1st?

summond822
03-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Hard to say, it really depends on the value. If they go QB at 6, kind of hard not to see them taking a LT with one of their next two picks. If they go LT at 6, they could really go anywhere.

jballa838
03-08-2010, 11:07 PM
probably both. I guess those are your franchise cornerstones or something.

ChefMike
03-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Well now I can't see them going both, not addressing the Defense in a draft that has so much Talent on the Defensive side of the ball and PC being a defensive minded coach...

ChefMike
03-10-2010, 11:06 AM
and I should have clarified my statement more and said with the 6th pick go QB or LT

If I were selecting I would go after Eric Berry then take a LT in the middle of the round then go after the QB in the 2nd rd. But that is just me....

Cicero
03-10-2010, 08:51 PM
and I should have clarified my statement more and said with the 6th pick go QB or LT

If I were selecting I would go after Eric Berry then take a LT in the middle of the round then go after the QB in the 2nd rd. But that is just me....

After reading Scott's 2nd and 3rd round QB article I cringe every time someone suggests taking one of them with the expectation that they will actually be a franchise QB some day. With that kind of success rate you just have to hope to get lucky.

gpngc
03-10-2010, 08:53 PM
If Clausen is there at #6 they have to take him. So all you Clausen-haters or Locker-way-too-early-enthusiasts better pray that Snyder/Shanny take JC at #4.

summond822
03-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Yeah, honestly I'm starting to expect the pick to be Clausen. Pete Carroll has a love affair with guys he didn't manage to recruit and do well elsewhere. Clausen is one of those guys, so don't be surprised to see him being the pick at 6.

That being the case, then I expect them to go BPA at 14, be that Spiller, Mays, or someone else. Then probably taking a LT in the early second.

I think the biggest problem with our defense is the pass rush. Everyone else looks better if you are able to get to the QB. Course, I still want an upgrade at CB & S, as well as someone who can actually compliment Mebane instead of Cole.

EDIT: At the same time, the thought of drafting Clausen makes me cringe and want to cry at the thought of not even having the possibility of Locker next year...

Babylon
03-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeah, honestly I'm starting to expect the pick to be Clausen. Pete Carroll has a love affair with guys he didn't manage to recruit and do well elsewhere. Clausen is one of those guys, so don't be surprised to see him being the pick at 6.

That being the case, then I expect them to go BPA at 14, be that Spiller, Mays, or someone else. Then probably taking a LT in the early second.

I think the biggest problem with our defense is the pass rush. Everyone else looks better if you are able to get to the QB. Course, I still want an upgrade at CB & S, as well as someone who can actually compliment Mebane instead of Cole.

EDIT: At the same time, the thought of drafting Clausen makes me cringe and want to cry at the thought of not even having the possibility of Locker next year...

First off there is no proof yet that Pete has a love affair with guys he recruited or even guys who played for him.

I've heard a lot of rumors lately and frankly i dont care for any of them. I dont think you bring in a malcontent like Marshall or an aging QB in his last contract year like McNab. Have minimal interest in Kolb but at what cost.

If they think they can win right away and avoid buiding through the draft the results might be marginal but they arent going to build towards a Superbowl.I'm hoping they pick a Bulaga or a Okung at #6, Mays at #14 and Gerhart in the second. Those guys fill 3 huge needs, are all high character guys and may not be sexy picks but i think the right ones.

summond822
03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
First off there is no proof yet that Pete has a love affair with guys he recruited or even guys who played for him.

Have you heard his press conferences when it comes to Clausen and Locker? Two guys that he wanted really badly and missed out on. I've never heard him say a negative word about them. He could just be putting it all behind a mask and really wants to crush them for spurning him, but from what I've seen of Carroll, I'm not sure he's that type of guy.

I've heard a lot of rumors lately and frankly i dont care for any of them. I dont think you bring in a malcontent like Marshall or an aging QB in his last contract year like McNab. Have minimal interest in Kolb but at what cost.

Marshall for at most a 2nd rounder, otherwise pass on him. McNabb is a big no, Kolb for the right price, and two 1st rounders is not the right price, so I don't see that happening.

If they think they can win right away and avoid buiding through the draft the results might be marginal but they arent going to build towards a Superbowl.I'm hoping they pick a Bulaga or a Okung at #6, Mays at #14 and Gerhart in the second. Those guys fill 3 huge needs, are all high character guys and may not be sexy picks but i think the right ones.

I'm not sure high character guys are going to be the way of the Hawks going forward. Also, Mays...to be honest I don't want Mays. I'd rather take Spiller and trade Forsett or Jones. Or if Joe Haden actually did suffer a fall because of his 40 time, Haden>Mays, and it's not even close.

Babylon
03-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Have you heard his press conferences when it comes to Clausen and Locker? Two guys that he wanted really badly and missed out on. I've never heard him say a negative word about them. He could just be putting it all behind a mask and really wants to crush them for spurning him, but from what I've seen of Carroll, I'm not sure he's that type of guy.

Marshall for at most a 2nd rounder, otherwise pass on him. McNabb is a big no, Kolb for the right price, and two 1st rounders is not the right price, so I don't see that happening.

I'm not sure high character guys are going to be the way of the Hawks going forward. Also, Mays...to be honest I don't want Mays. I'd rather take Spiller and trade Forsett or Jones. Or if Joe Haden actually did suffer a fall because of his 40 time, Haden>Mays, and it's not even close.

If he drafts Clausen, Mays and Gerhart your theory will be accurate.

gpngc
03-14-2010, 09:25 PM
So they are seriously willing to part with a 4th rounder for Charlie Whitehurst? Jeez.

Cicero
03-14-2010, 10:30 PM
So they are seriously willing to part with a 4th rounder for Charlie Whitehurst? Jeez.

I really hope not. Can't we just sign say Garcia and not lose a draft pick?

summond822
03-14-2010, 11:16 PM
I really hope not. Can't we just sign say Garcia and not lose a draft pick?

How is Whitehurst better than Anderson is what I don't get or any journeyman QB for that matter...at least that way we don't lose anything. Also, isn't Anderson younger and I know he has more game experience...

summond822
03-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Seahawks resign Tapp, release Grant, Overton (http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=298546)

Seahawks sign TE Baker, WR Martin (http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=298535)

Safety was already a need, but does this affect how early we take one? The only noteworthy thing about Martin & Baker is that they are needed depth.

summond822
03-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Tapp has been traded to Philadelphia for Chris Clemons & a 4th round pick. I'm kind of upset because I really like Tapp, but I admit that I don't really know anything about Clemons though...so hopefully this all works out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/16/eagles-seahawks-swap-defensive-ends/

EDIT: Sounds like Clemons is a pass rush specialist who had 8 sacks one year in Oakland.

Cicero
03-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Well it looks like we're getting Whitehurst.

Babylon
03-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Well it looks like we're getting Whitehurst.

Count me in as less than enthused.

summond822
03-17-2010, 03:40 PM
I hate this series of moves...this is what happens when you create a bad front office. There is a reason why the mariners were able to turn it around and why I think the seahawks are going to put is through years of disappointment...

gpngc
03-17-2010, 05:55 PM
I hate this series of moves...this is what happens when you create a bad front office. There is a reason why the mariners were able to turn it around and why I think the seahawks are going to put is through years of disappointment...

Eh. I'm not a huge fan of these moves either but I don't think losing an aging safety, a future third, Darryl Tapp, and moving down 20 spots in a deep 2nd round are going to make or break the franchise.

Passing on a franchise QB for an OLB will do that.

The key now is for them to draft well with what they have and pray Whitehurst can be the next Matt Schaub - obviously they feel he can be.

Also, looks like they are shopping Rob Sims because he doesn't fit in Alex Gibbs' system. I'll guess they add another 4th.

So assuming they get that done they'd have....

4th
4th
4th
5th

That's a lot of ammo for wheeling and dealing.

summond822
03-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Well my main issue with all of this is losing Tapp who was our best pass rushers last year. He was one of the league leaders in QB pressures. Now if the offenses had been in a position where they needed to throw the ball, he probably would've been one of the league leaders in sacks too.

So in the last two days, we've lost a reliable safety, lost our best pass rusher, lost our valuable early 2nd rounder for a lot less valuable 2nd rounder, lost next years third, gained a 4th, and traded for a QB that isn't going to start this year unless Hasselbeck gets traded/injured.

How am I supposed to be positive about this? It looks like we're rebuilding then we trade away a key part of young defense (Tapp) and add a QB that has 3-5 years before he starts declining. I just don't get where this front office is going...

Morton
03-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Tapp is solid but I don't think he was an elite player by any means.

Here's how I'm looking at this: I think Pete Carroll has a certain plan in place. He's going to ask Aaron Curry to bulk up and play a hybrid DE type of position where he is rushing the passer more than 60% of the time. He could absolutely excel in such a role. I'm certain Carroll has some kind of plan in place; he's a defensive mastermind. Tapp's skillset and weight/height combination simply didn't fit his scheme.

Sure, he probably should have asked for more in return for Tapp, but at least he got a potential starter and a draft pick, no matter how low it is.

Cicero
03-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Tapp is solid but I don't think he was an elite player by any means.

Here's how I'm looking at this: I think Pete Carroll has a certain plan in place. He's going to ask Aaron Curry to bulk up and play a hybrid DE type of position where he is rushing the passer more than 60% of the time. He could absolutely excel in such a role. I'm certain Carroll has some kind of plan in place; he's a defensive mastermind. Tapp's skillset and weight/height combination simply didn't fit his scheme.

Sure, he probably should have asked for more in return for Tapp, but at least he got a potential starter and a draft pick, no matter how low it is.
Jackson is only two inches taller than Tapp, they weigh the same, and Tapp is better at everything than Jackson. If Tapp doesn't fit than neither does Jackson. When you say "potential starter," if you're referring to Chris Clemons he is not NFL starting material.

Caulibflower
03-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I hate trading away draft picks for mediocre players. Hopefully Gerhart is still there at #60.

Babylon
03-20-2010, 05:19 PM
I hate trading away draft picks for mediocre players. Hopefully Gerhart is still there at #60.

I think as of now the Chargers will probably take him at #40, i wonder who used to have that pick?

Cicero
03-20-2010, 07:21 PM
I'd rather have Ben Tate than Gerhart anyways and I think he might be there at 60.

scpanther22
03-26-2010, 11:27 AM
I friend of mine said seattle was talking to Damione lewis DT

Babylon
03-26-2010, 05:24 PM
I'd rather have Ben Tate than Gerhart anyways and I think he might be there at 60.

Tate would be good, doubt Gerhart would be there at #60 so no sense debating that.

TACKLE
04-04-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm working on my mock and trying to get some insight from the fans. If they address OT at #6, who would be a better pick at #14? JPP or Earl Thomas?

summond822
04-04-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm working on my mock and trying to get some insight from the fans? If they address OT at #6, who would be a better pick at #14? JPP or Earl Thomas.

I don't think they could go wrong with either one. Although Carroll has emphasized that they need a pass rush, so I think that JPP is more likely to be the pick there.

summond822
04-05-2010, 12:45 AM
What are the chances that Carroll and Schneider are kicking themselves for pulling the trigger on Whitehurst? I know hindsight is 20-20, but the chances of Clausen dropping to #6 just went way up assuming some team doesn't try to move in front of Seattle to select him.

I have a nasty little feeling we're going to see Clausen drop quite a bit now.

XxXdragonXxX
04-05-2010, 12:55 AM
What are the chances that Carroll and Schneider are kicking themselves for pulling the trigger on Whitehurst? I know hindsight is 20-20, but the chances of Clausen dropping to #6 just went way up assuming some team doesn't try to move in front of Seattle to select him.

I have a nasty little feeling we're going to see Clausen drop quite a bit now.

1 thing I've been thinking is maybe they are planning on dealing Hasselbeck, drafting Clausen and having him sit for a year behind Whitehurst. The way it's looking, Clausen could be there at 14. Maybe Whitehurst is just a backup plan in case Clausen gets taken before 6? We all know Hass won't make it past week 3, so something had to be done at QB.

gpngc
04-05-2010, 01:07 PM
1 thing I've been thinking is maybe they are planning on dealing Hasselbeck, drafting Clausen and having him sit for a year behind Whitehurst. The way it's looking, Clausen could be there at 14. Maybe Whitehurst is just a backup plan in case Clausen gets taken before 6? We all know Hass won't make it past week 3, so something had to be done at QB.

I doubt they would invest nearly $10 million in Whitehurst to have him bridge the gap for Clausen - if that was the plan, why wouldn't they just keep Hass, who seems like he'd be perfect to be the veteran mentor anyway?

gpngc
04-05-2010, 01:08 PM
They got the second pick in the 5th for Rob Sims.

What is the O-Line looking like now?

LT: Draft pick
LG: Wrotto?
C: Spencer?
RG: Unger?
RT: Locklear?

or

LT: Draft pick
LG: Locklear
C: Unger
RG: Spencer
RT: Willis

..........?

XxXdragonXxX
04-05-2010, 04:36 PM
I doubt they would invest nearly $10 million in Whitehurst to have him bridge the gap for Clausen - if that was the plan, why wouldn't they just keep Hass, who seems like he'd be perfect to be the veteran mentor anyway?

Well considering its an uncapped year, and 10 mill over 2 years isn't much if at all above the going rate for a backup QB, I don't think his contract is an issue.

Well my thinking is that they might not want to have to throw Clausen to the wolves, Hass will be hurt by week 3 and Clausen would be thrown in. I think WHitehurst gives us a better chance of keeping a healthy QB on the field so Clausen can sit and learn. At this point, being a mentor/coach might be all he Matt is good for.

gpngc
04-05-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't know - I think it's far more likely that they didn't do their homework and are indeed now kicking themselves knowing that Clausen will likely be there at #6 and could definitely be there at #14 than that they wanted to throw away 20 spots and 3rd for a bridge QB.

If Sanchize AND Clausen are both franchise QBs in a few years then and Whitehurst doesn't pan out...

...yeah, that would be bad.

XxXdragonXxX
04-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Oh I'm not saying I think that is what they were thinking, just that it's a possiblity. I do think they gave up too much for Whitehurst. Unless of course they are certain he's going to be a top QB and just absolutely couldn't let him go to the Cardinals.

summond822
04-05-2010, 06:36 PM
One thing that I actually am beginning to believe is that Clausen is going to drop to 14. Washington brought him in for an interview and soon after went and traded for McNabb. Now, maybe I'm reading a little bit too much into this, but if you thought that Clausen had a chance to be a franchise QB, you don't do that trade for McNabb. I think that something about Clausen scared them away.

Cicero
04-05-2010, 07:37 PM
One thing that I actually am beginning to believe is that Clausen is going to drop to 14. Washington brought him in for an interview and soon after went and traded for McNabb. Now, maybe I'm reading a little bit too much into this, but if you thought that Clausen had a chance to be a franchise QB, you don't do that trade for McNabb. I think that something about Clausen scared them away.

I could definitely see it. I have a feeling Chan Gailey wants someone else to run his offense. Whether we take him or not, that's another thing.

Cicero
04-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Went to spring practice today, some observations:

Montana has pretty good zip on his short and intermediate stuff. His deep ball floats a lot though.

Our pass catchers still drop an alarming number of passes. Even during drills they were dropping a lot more balls than they should have been.

Sark does not waste any of practice time, and he's right in the middle of everything being vocal.

Jake looked like Jake.

Although I was hoping to see something, Sark didn't give us any 3-4 looks. He mentioned it in an interview and we have two big boys to play nose in Ta'amu and Tokolahi.

gpngc
04-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Random thought: Why not just offer T.J. Housmandzadeh and a 5th for Brandon Marshall? Have Paul Allen eat the bonuses and there is no cap....

Cicero
04-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Also, recruits that were in attendance who I noticed/can remember:

Lakes-
QB/DB Cedric Dozier
OT Zach Banner

Bellevue-
RB/DB Dakota Jones
RB/DB Joey Moore (my memory is a little fuzzy on numbers and I can't find a picture)

Issaquah-
Nik Landdeck

and then Taniela Tupou who committed.

Cicero
04-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Clausen, who left Notre Dame after his junior season and was unable to work out until now due to his toe injury, went directly from his pro day workout into a three-hour private workout for the Seattle Seahawks, who were represented Friday by offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates and quarterback coach Jedd Fisch. Clausen was scheduled to fly to Buffalo for a visit with the Bills after Friday’s workout.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/09/notre-dames-clausen-shows-no-sign-of-toe-injury/

summond822
04-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Clausen, who left Notre Dame after his junior season and was unable to work out until now due to his toe injury, went directly from his pro day workout into a three-hour private workout for the Seattle Seahawks, who were represented Friday by offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates and quarterback coach Jedd Fisch. Clausen was scheduled to fly to Buffalo for a visit with the Bills after Friday’s workout.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/09/notre-dames-clausen-shows-no-sign-of-toe-injury/

Yeah, I have significant doubts that they'll take him at 6 unless he showed them something that they loved in that private workout, but I still think that he is a very real possibility at 14, and if he falls to 14 then I have a hard time seeing us pass on him.

Random thought: Why not just offer T.J. Housmandzadeh and a 5th for Brandon Marshall? Have Paul Allen eat the bonuses and there is no cap....

I like this idea

TACKLE
04-10-2010, 07:12 PM
A buddy of mine is a huge Seahawks fan and he's been telling me for last couple years that they need a DT. I like Mebane but they need someone next to him. What would you think about Dan Williams at #14? Did Colin Cole or Red Bryant show enough to prevent them from adding a difference make in the middle?

gpngc
04-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Cole wasn't really all that bad last season. And they have some young guys.

They really need help in so many other areas, so I think they may address DT at some point, but most likely not in round one.

gpngc
04-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Another random thought about Marshall (I think they really want to add him because of the visit - they also need a WR badly)...

Maybe they are waiting to see if a certain coveted player will fall to pick #14 or not (C.J. Spiller maybe).

If the target isn't there, they'll look into dealing that pick to Denver for Marshall. Maybe the deal would involve Denver giving up Marshall and a 3rd for #14.

If Spiller goes 13th, I'd be OK with ^.

summond822
04-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Another random thought about Marshall (I think they really want to add him because of the visit - they also need a WR badly)...

Maybe they are waiting to see if a certain coveted player will fall to pick #14 or not (C.J. Spiller maybe).

If the target isn't there, they'll look into dealing that pick to Denver for Marshall. Maybe the deal would involve Denver giving up Marshall and a 3rd for #14.

If Spiller goes 13th, I'd be OK with ^.

Well I don't see Spiller coming to Seattle. Everyone is mocking him there, and yes he is a difference maker that will tempt the hawks and would make an immediate impact, but I just can't see it happening. Dez Bryant maybe, since he fills a position of need, but not Spiller when they already have two guys who aren't great between the tackles. The only way I see them taking Spiller is if they are planning on drafting a bigger RB to help him carry the load and releasing Jones, but that involves drafting two RBs when we have so many other positions of need...

Cicero
04-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Way to be an upstanding citizen Leroy...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2011590793_report_seahawks_24.html

jballa838
04-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Way to be an upstanding citizen Leroy...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2011590793_report_seahawks_24.html
saw this. What a prick

summond822
04-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Ya, I think it's pretty safe to say that he's getting suspended for 4 games at least from just the marijuana part...no idea how much more this is gonna add on.

Probably getting traded too.

summond822
04-12-2010, 08:45 PM
On a different note, am I the only one who really doesn't want Derrick Morgan at 14? I watched some tape of him and I just don't see an explosive playmaker. I see a solid DE, but to be honest, he reminds me of Chris Long. High floor, low ceiling. He's never going to be a 10 sack guy.

I personally think we already have a guy like him in Lawrence Jackson, so why would we need two?

Just some thoughts about the mocks I keep seeing. Knock me off my train of thought as you see fit.

OneToughGame
04-12-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm not really a fan of Morgan but picking him wouldn't really upset me.

This Marshall trade makes me wonder.. If we do end up trading pick 14 for him who do you want at 6? The more I watch Spillers game tape.. The more I want him in a Seahawks jersey. If Berry's gone at 6 and we trade for Marshall I'd be happy using pick 6 on Spiller.

gpngc
04-12-2010, 10:42 PM
I would be thrilled using the 6th pick on Spiller regardless of anything. Those types of players not only bring excitement but score points. And scoring points is the name of the game.

I like Derrick Morgan. 18.5 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks last season. Plus he can play the run.

He may not be a perennial Pro Bowler but I think he'd be a solid starting end for the Seahawks and a good pick at #14.

gpngc
04-12-2010, 10:43 PM
But guys... I would be pretty surprised if they didn't select an OT at #6.

All signs point to them taking Bulaga or T. Williams at that slot.

After that, the 14th pick could be used on just about anything... should be interesting.

summond822
04-12-2010, 11:29 PM
I'd be excited to bring in Spiller, I just can't see it happening. I mean I think that he would be a bigger game changer than Marshall, plus we wouldn't have to deal with the extra baggage that Marshall would bring. My main issue is that Carroll has repeatedly said that he wants to bring a bigger back who can run it between the tackles. I just don't see us spending two picks on RB in this draft. Maybe they sign a veteran RB like Thomas or Fargas. They both seem like ZBS runners, the only problem is their health.

And as for Morgan's stats, Jackson his senior year posted 60 tackles, 17 TFL & 10.5 sacks in 13 games. Thats 5 more tackles, 1.5 less TFL, & 2 less sacks in 1 less game. So I think they are really way too similar to spend a draft pick on Morgan.

Not to mention that Morgan was completely neutralized against Iowa in the bowl game. They moved him all over trying to get him into 1-on-1 match ups and he didn't win those match ups. Not all of them were against Bulaga either.

summond822
04-13-2010, 05:47 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8178082c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Kerney is retiring...now our depth at DE consists of Jackson and about 3 guys who are backups...

Cicero
04-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Not much to update from spring practice today, other than Montana continues to look more impressive than Price.

gpngc
04-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Well they missed out on Marshall.

If they don't somehow get Spiller I'm going to be very mad.

How many game-changing offensive playmakers can they miss out on?

Cicero
04-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Charlie Whitehurst is why we didn't get Marshall. That's really what it boils down to. Charlie Whitehurst.

I don't like Spiller at 6, but I wouldn't mind him at 14.

summond822
04-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Charlie Whitehurst is why we didn't get Marshall. That's really what it boils down to. Charlie Whitehurst.

I don't like Spiller at 6, but I wouldn't mind him at 14.

Ironic isn't it...they trade for Whitehurst cause they don't think they can get Clausen at 6, now they could have Clausen, but they won't take him cause of Whitehurst, and Whitehurst prevents them from getting Marshall...the Whitehurst trade keeps coming back to haunt them.

Bright side is that Bryant or Spiller will likely be there at 14 now, if not both. So there should be no excuse for not taking one of them.

gpngc
04-14-2010, 05:05 PM
^Reports have indicated that they took Bryant off their draft board.

LOL if they pass on Bryant at #14 for a DE I'd be pretty angry.

summond822
04-14-2010, 08:50 PM
^Reports have indicated that they took Bryant off their draft board.

LOL if they pass on Bryant at #14 for a DE I'd be pretty angry.

Especially if that DE is Derrick Morgan...JPP I am not in love with, but I think that once he learns some pass rush moves he'll become a good player in the league.

BTW, do you have a link to that? I remember reading something about a team taking Bryant off the draft board, but I thought it was Miami.

gpngc
04-14-2010, 08:53 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/13/more-than-10-teams-have-taken-dez-bryant-off-their-draft-boards/

One such team, we're told, is the Seahawks. The Browns and the Jaguars reportedly have removed him from their boards, too.

Per the source, the concern is that, once he gets paid, it's unknown whether he'll show up for work on a consistent basis. Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reported several weeks ago that Bryant was late for multiple practices, and even games.

OneToughGame
04-14-2010, 10:32 PM
The first round must have spiller going to us or I'm going to be a sad panda. I mean he's used to running behind a zbs and he'll instantly be the best return man on the roster.

Babylon
04-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Ironic isn't it...they trade for Whitehurst cause they don't think they can get Clausen at 6, now they could have Clausen, but they won't take him cause of Whitehurst, and Whitehurst prevents them from getting Marshall...the Whitehurst trade keeps coming back to haunt them.

Bright side is that Bryant or Spiller will likely be there at 14 now, if not both. So there should be no excuse for not taking one of them.

I dont think they were ever interested in Clausen. As for Bryant and Spiller personally i'd rather Bryant and a big back in round 2 as opposed to Spiller and about the 5th or 6th best receiver in round 2.

summond822
04-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Spiller is way more versatile than Bryant. Also there are no questions about him being on time to practices. WR's have the second highest bust rate in the NFL, we can't afford to spend a pick on Bryant then have him turn into a bust three years down the road. I'd rather take the safer pick in Spiller, get an explosive playmaker, then take our chances with WR later.

We have two former #1 picks at WR in the minicamp right now, just saying.

And they were interested in Clausen, and they still are. They put him through a 3 hour workout right after his pro day. Seems to me like that shows serious interest. I'm pretty sure they won't take him at 6, but he starts to slide, expect them to take him at 14.

XxXdragonXxX
04-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Neither Bryant or Spiller will be Seahawks.

Cicero
04-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Reggie Williams and Mike Williams are both now Hawks.

Babylon
04-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Reggie Williams and Mike Williams are both now Hawks.

Something tells me one of those two will actually be productive here.

OneToughGame
04-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Something tells me one of those two will actually be productive here.

I'm guessing you're leaning towards the former husky? ;)

summond822
04-16-2010, 03:49 PM

As long as one of em turn out, I'd be happy. I mean we really don't lose anything by signing them. They are huge targets, and they should add legitimate options to our red zone offense. Heck, if even one of them turns into half of what they were supposed to be we got steals here.

Babylon
04-16-2010, 08:57 PM

I havent seen much of either lately but my guess is Pete will lean towards Mike Williams.

gpngc
04-16-2010, 09:05 PM
They are both going to live up to being top-10 draft picks. Watch.

Seriously, bite your tongue Dragon.

With the 49ers adding Ginn, Spiller becomes a realistic possibility at #14. I will be extremely angry if they don't get him.

Peter King wrote today that the Seahawks are indeed very interested in Spiller.

gpngc
04-17-2010, 12:09 AM
1- They do like Spiller.
2- They don't want to lose picks so probably won't trade up using the #60 pick.

GM Gene Smith is a lover of draft picks, the more the merrier (who isn't, really?), and he was to dump out of the No. 10 selection. I thought for a while this week that he might have a great match down a few spots that could net him a second-round pick. I thought he could deal with Seattle at No. 14, moving down four spots and picking up the 60th overall pick, the choice Seattle acquired from San Diego in the Charlie Whitehurst deal. No dice, though -- even though it makes a lot of sense for the Seahawks to come up for running back C.J. Spiller, one of the objects of their affection.

Seattle has a new regime with a draft-pick-coveting GM, John Schneider, and I believe the 'Hawks feel they have too many holes to give up the chance to draft a legitimate starter for them at number 60.

XxXdragonXxX
04-17-2010, 03:27 AM
I'm sure they do like Spiller. However they won't spend the 14th pick on a RB. Word is they're looking to trade down from the 14th pick, possibly for a 2nd rounder this year and a 1st+3rd next year. Mathews and Best would be targets in the 2nd round.

Babylon
04-17-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm sure they do like Spiller. However they won't spend the 14th pick on a RB. Word is they're looking to trade down from the 14th pick, possibly for a 2nd rounder this year and a 1st+3rd next year. Mathews and Best would be targets in the 2nd round.

I think Mathews will be gone by the Detroit pick in round 2. If they are smart (and i'm holding judgement on that) they'll take Gerhart at #60. Best bargain in the draft at that point. They got good production out of Forsett last year, we dont need another small back.

summond822
04-17-2010, 06:00 PM
I think Mathews will be gone by the Detroit pick in round 2. If they are smart (and i'm holding judgement on that) they'll take Gerhart at #60. Best bargain in the draft at that point. They got good production out of Forsett last year, we dont need another small back.

I agree that Matthews isn't making it to the 2nd round, however I still want Spiller. If they do pass on Spiller, then yes, taking Gerhart at 60 makes a ton of sense, if he's there. I personally think he's coming off the board pretty early in round 2.

XxXdragonXxX
04-17-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm holding out hope for Jahvid Best in round 2. IMO, aside for injury concerns he is the best RB in the draft.

summond822
04-17-2010, 09:09 PM
We are talking about the position where the average career only lasts 3 years. I wouldn't hold out too much hope that Best will be able to stay healthy. And you do have to factor that into the decision.

gpngc
04-18-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm holding out hope for Jahvid Best in round 2. IMO, aside for injury concerns he is the best RB in the draft.

If by best you mean the only back with the last name Best.

Spiller is a ridiculous player - no back is close to him in this class or last class.

XxXdragonXxX
04-18-2010, 12:22 PM
I think Best is a better RB, while Spiller is a better return man and receiver. Best seems to run with a little more power, while Spiller is more elusive and has better top speed.

The injuries are a concern, but if we can get him in the 2nd round I would take that chance. There's no guarantee Spiller will stay healthy either and we'd have to spend a 1st on him, when we have more pressing needs than RB.

RaiderNation
04-18-2010, 06:43 PM
So who you guys like more Bulaga or Williams?

gpngc
04-18-2010, 07:22 PM
^Don't care. I don't really like either in comparison to Okung to be honest but I've never played OL and trust the opinions of NFL people over my casual scouting when it comes to OL.

I'm more worried about #14 and somehow getting my favorite prospect of all-time in C.J. Spiller.

MikeTeel
04-18-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm so confused as to who I want at 6 and 14 that I'm not even going to speculate as to who I want. I'll leave this up to Carroll, Schnieder and co. and hope that they don't screw up.

jballa838
04-18-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm more worried about #14 and somehow getting my favorite prospect of all-time in C.J. Spiller.
me too. Sodo Mojo magic needs to take a detour to New York on thursday. I won't miss it as long as we get Spiller.

jballa838
04-18-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm so confused as to who I want at 6 and 14 that I'm not even going to speculate as to who I want. I'll leave this up to Carroll, Schnieder and co. and hope that they don't screw up.
hahaha me too. This is the first draft I have no clear cut player I want, sans Spiller.

gpngc
04-18-2010, 07:39 PM
I mean I would love to get Berry and Spiller, but there are gaping holes at LT and DE - two of the most important positions in football (whereas RB and S are two of the least important) so I'd be very happy with Spiller and a tackle.

MikeTeel
04-18-2010, 07:40 PM
hahaha me too. This is the first draft I have no clear cut player I want, sans Spiller.

Seriously, its because we've always had such late picks so there were always a few that I was leaning towards, and the draft has never been as important as it is this year with TWO early picks and a whole new regime. I'm legitimately scared. I think so far im leaning towards Okung/Trent/Berry/Bulaga in that order at 6, and Spiller/Dez/Morgan in that order at 14.

Last year I wanted Crabtree badly, and this year when Clausen was thought to be the number one QB, I wanted Bradford at 6 so bad but boy how things have changed. I hate the draft, but I love it.

gpngc
04-18-2010, 07:41 PM
And imagine what this would have been like if they didn't add Whitehurst! They'd have to consider Clausen and if not, Tebow/McCoy at #40. They would then have all those gaping holes + no possible QB of the future...

Cicero
04-18-2010, 10:53 PM
And imagine what this would have been like if they didn't add Whitehurst! They'd have to consider Clausen and if not, Tebow/McCoy at #40. They would then have all those gaping holes + no possible QB of the future...

I certainly don't have much if any faith in Whitehurst being the QB of the future. Well, if by QB if the future you mean placeholder for Jake Locker then I'm there with ya!

summond822
04-18-2010, 11:05 PM
I certainly don't have much if any faith in Whitehurst being the QB of the future. Well, if by QB if the future you mean placeholder for Jake Locker then I'm there with ya!

This until Locker is drafted.

As for Bulaga vs. Williams, I'm leaning Williams because of versatility, but I don't see much difference between them right now, except maybe Williams is a better long term prospect.

As for what everyone else is saying, I really have no idea what the Hawks are going to do, so I'm sitting back and trying not to get too attached to any one player, although Spiller at 14 is a win in my book all day.

gpngc
04-18-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm not sold on Whitehurst at all either.

I was just saying that we would all be even MORE in the dark if the front office hadn't already "addressed" (they hope) the QB position.

Babylon
04-18-2010, 11:27 PM
So who you guys like more Bulaga or Williams?

I thought Williams looked better as a RT and doesnt seem to be as good a drive blocker as Bulaga. Having said that i wouldnt have a problem with either. I guess i'm in the minority here that would rather have a big back to go with Forsett. Bulaga/Mays/Gerhart is my dream scenario.

Cicero
04-18-2010, 11:32 PM
I thought Williams looked better as a RT and doesnt seem to be as good a drive blocker as Bulaga. Having said that i wouldnt have a problem with either. I guess i'm in the minority here that would rather have a big back to go with Forsett. Bulaga/Mays/Gerhart is my dream scenario.

I would rather take a RB later too. Heck, if we can get Javhid Best in the 2nd round I wouldn't mind taking a big RB late (Dixon, Miller) and send JJ packing. I also wouldn't mind a safety at 14, but I am praying that safety is Thomas and not Mays. My favorite big back who's a realistic possibility for the Hawks is Tate.

MikeTeel
04-19-2010, 12:33 AM
A little off-topic, but I say we get this forum a little more active. I see a lot of guys posting from my numerous amounts of lurking that are Seattle fans as well as intelligent which a lot of sites don't offer. I'd like to make this one of my regularly visisted Seahawk forums. Lets start posting in here a little more, whos with me?

Cicero
04-19-2010, 12:36 AM
A little off-topic, but I say we get this forum a little more active. I see a lot of guys posting from my numerous amounts of lurking that are Seattle fans as well as intelligent which a lot of sites don't offer. I'd like to make this one of my regularly visisted Seahawk forums. Lets start posting in here a little more, whos with me?

It's just hard because there are only like 5 of us total haha.

MikeTeel
04-19-2010, 01:11 AM
It's just hard because there are only like 5 of us total haha.

Really? Seemed like more tbh. Well damn. If we post it will bring in more I reckon. Yes I just said I reckon, get over it.

Babylon
04-19-2010, 10:35 AM
I would rather take a RB later too. Heck, if we can get Javhid Best in the 2nd round I wouldn't mind taking a big RB late (Dixon, Miller) and send JJ packing. I also wouldn't mind a safety at 14, but I am praying that safety is Thomas and not Mays. My favorite big back who's a realistic possibility for the Hawks is Tate.

To me Toby Gerhart would be a steal at #60. Pete Carroll has to have seen all of Toby he really needs to see having watched him march up and down the field against his defense. Dixon is a slower version and Dwyer even slower and both of those guys were less productive.

summond822
04-19-2010, 12:50 PM
I think Dwyer is a bust waiting to happen. I don't trust the triple option at all, I mean it made Navy good...I'm not going to trust any RB to come outta that system.

Gerhart at 60 would be a steal, and if they don't get Spiller, I will immediately be pulling for Gerhart at 60 or Tate in the 4th.

And yeah, there pretty much are only 5 of us that check these forums with any regularity.

jballa838
04-19-2010, 08:19 PM
There are some scenarios that I would like to see:
1. Okung
1b. Thomas
2. Best

or switch Thomas with a Pass Rushing DE and we'll be good. My wet dream draft scenario is:
1. Berry
1b. Spiller
2. Everson Griffen

gpngc
04-19-2010, 08:29 PM
I think they'll definitely be movers. Maybe not in the first round (although I could see them moving down from #14 to get Charles Brown, a DE, Nate Allen or *gulp* Taylor Mays later) but I definitely see them moving into the third (or up in the second - how ironic would that be?) using the two fourths and two fifths...

If they don't get Spiller (AAAHHHH!!!!), I would expect them to offer the Bills/Dolphins a pick or picks for Marshawn Lynch or Ronnie Brown.

jballa838
04-19-2010, 08:31 PM
good point, hopefully they trade down. but the real question is, do you want marshawn or ronnie? Ronnie has a higher price tag I am assuming, and I love me some Marshawn.

gpngc
04-19-2010, 08:35 PM
^I wouldn't mind either - both are very, very good RBs and would instantly be a gigantic upgrade over the botched FA signing that shall not be named.

But I've been a gigantic Spiller fan since his freshman year so I'll be very angry if they don't somehow end up with him. Lynch or Brown would be a good consolation prize but I'd still be upset, especially initially.

I loved Crabtree and I love Spiller. These guys are just automatic playmaking stars at the NFL level. Passing on both in consecutive years would be devastating to me.

jballa838
04-19-2010, 08:38 PM
^I wouldn't mind either - both are very, very good RBs and would instantly be a gigantic upgrade over the botched FA signing that shall not be named.

But I've been a gigantic Spiller fan since his freshman year so I'll be very angry if they don't somehow end up with him. Lynch or Brown would be a good consolation prize but I'd still be upset, especially initially.

I loved Crabtree and I love Spiller. These guys are just automatic playmaking stars at the NFL level. Passing on both in consecutive years would be devastating to me.
I agree with you on all points, but would just like to add my love for Jahvid Best is second to Spiller and nobody else in this draft. we gotta get this dude.

Cicero
04-19-2010, 10:25 PM

You just had to mention Crabtree... :(

summond822
04-19-2010, 11:17 PM
You just had to mention Crabtree... :(

Crabtree would've looked like crap on our team last year. We would've been having this conversation about him not playing up to his potential, so just forget him.

jballa838
04-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Mike and Reggie Williams combine for over/under 90 catches and 8 td's this year combined?

Babylon
04-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Mike and Reggie Williams combine for over/under 90 catches and 8 td's this year combined?

Definitely under. One of them probably wont even be there for the opener.

gpngc
04-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Over. Way over. Clearly.

Mike: 61 catches, 925 yards, 10 td.
Reggie: 54 catches, 734 yards, 6 td.

Easily.

summond822
04-20-2010, 10:43 PM
The only way I see one of them not being with the team come the start of the season is if we draft Dez Bryant. Our WR depth is just plain awful, at least bringing in these two gives us an opportunity to make plays along the sideline. So I have to agree with the over prediction. I just don't see 10 TD coming from Mike Williams.

gpngc
04-20-2010, 10:48 PM
The only way I see one of them not being with the team come the start of the season is if we draft Dez Bryant. Our WR depth is just plain awful, at least bringing in these two gives us an opportunity to make plays along the sideline. So I have to agree with the over prediction. I just don't see 10 TD coming from Mike Williams.

LOL there is no way those players combine for anywhere NEAR 10 touchdowns. The over under for TDs from them should be set at 3.5.

They were once good college players but the bottom line is that they've both been out of football for a while and were never good pro receivers to begin with.

Anything the Seahawks get out of either of them is an added bonus.

The team likes Obamanu, Carroll says he likes Branch, so I think they'll add a receiver sometime in the draft to compete for a roster spot with the two Williams brothers.

I love Carlton Mitchell.

We also know that good WR gems can be found in the fourth and fifth - they have 4 combined picks in those rounds.

gpngc
04-20-2010, 10:51 PM
By the way, I want to comment on the Schedule.

I've been a very pessimistic fan recently, but I think that schedule could shape up to be very favorable.

With Warner gone and San Fran (well San Fran is clearly better on paper but paper doesn't matter) ....

point is I think they could sneak into the playoffs.

C.J. Spiller would be a huge boost that could help the team immediately become competitive in this division.

summond822
04-20-2010, 11:01 PM
I just looked at USC's schedule the past two years to see how often Carrol scored through the air in the red zone where the William's would come in handy. I may have missed a couple on accident, but you can see the trends.

In 2009 with a freshman QB they only scored 8 TD's through the air, with 19 TD's coming from the ground game.

In 2008 with Sanchez they scored 23 TD's through the air, with 24 coming from the ground game. Of course, there are like 8 running TD's that came when USC was WAAAY ahead, such as against WSU and *cringe* Washington.

Also, we don't know if the new coaching staff likes Obumanu. The old one did, but I haven't heard anything about any of the receivers except the Williams's and Branch. I don't expect Obumanu to be with the team when the season starts.

Also, there were reasons why these guys were top 10 picks. They have a rare blend of tools that if they finally put it together could lead to them being absolute steals for us. Are they going to? We'll have to wait and see.

MikeTeel
04-20-2010, 11:48 PM
I think Reggie has a spot on the team as a 6th reciever. He brings really strong blocking and a big target in the red zone which is more then enough to ask for out of a 6th reciever. In my opinion, he's looking at about 200-300 yards and a couple TDs in limited PT. Mike Williams on the other hand has much more potential to contribute, but his floor is much lower. I think if he does end up impressing and making the team, he will end up as somewhere between the 2nd reciever, to the 4th reciever. However, the pessimist in me sees him not even making the team. I'd rather have Reggie on the team then Ruvell Martin, but the competition for the 4th, 5th and 6th spots (that is, if we keep 6 recievers) is between the Williams', Obamanu, Martin and Morey. Morey probably has a spot for his special teams, and that leaves the other 4.

gpngc
04-20-2010, 11:53 PM
^Jeez. I completely forgot about Morey and Martin. Maybe they won't draft a WR after all...

Well, we were all getting comfortable with OT, Spiller, safety, etc. in some order for Thursday. Now here's a new wrench from an informed source...

SI's Peter King:

I know for a fact the Seahawks covet Clausen. They wouldn't seem to be a team with a quarterback desire in the first round, not after making the deal with San Diego for prospect Charlie Whitehurst. But they may not be able to NOT pick him if he's there at 14. Ron Wolf always taught Schneider in Green Bay that you never turn down the chance to pick a franchise quarterback.

MizzouBig12
04-20-2010, 11:53 PM
By the way, I want to comment on the Schedule.

I've been a very pessimistic fan recently, but I think that schedule could shape up to be very favorable.

With Warner gone and San Fran (well San Fran is clearly better on paper but paper doesn't matter) ....

point is I think they could sneak into the playoffs.

C.J. Spiller would be a huge boost that could help the team immediately become competitive in this division.
I don't know if Spiller is a Carroll kind of guy, but he would be a tremendous assett in that offense, especially if Pete is looking for his NFL "Reggie Bush", as Spiller has crazy skills on returns and as a sneak-out-of-the-backfield WR like Bush was used at USC. I'm sure that if C.J.'s name was called in the first for the SeaChickens, Hasselbeck would be a happy QB!

summond822
04-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Actually yeah, looking at the WR's I kind of doubt we take a WR early. Maybe if someone like Taylor Price is still there in round 4, but otherwise I don't really see it.

Housh, Branch, Butler, Morey, Martin, Williams, Williams, Obumanu. If either of the Williams actually contributes we could have an almost decent passing game. Well, except we know that Morey is gonna make the team for special teams, not WR skills.

MizzouBig12
04-21-2010, 12:30 AM
This particular draft is high on WR value, so knowing Pete Carroll, I wouldn't worry too much about that. Heck, you already have an underutilized Bilitnekoff-award-winning receiver on your roster, Mike Hass. I remember (and I know Pete Carroll remembers) him toasting many All-Pro USC secondaries in his Oregon days.

summond822
04-21-2010, 01:15 PM
So Carroll is doing this little draft trivia thing on his twitter account (http://twitter.com/PETECARROLL) where he gives out songs that apparently correspond to who the team is going to draft. Here's the list so far:

California Love by Tupac
Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson
Jump Around by House of Pain
Back Door Man by the Doors
Let the Beat Build by Lil Wayne
Soul Sacrifice by Santana

Is it just me or is this leading to a Taylor Mays/Eric Berry selection?

Brown Leader
04-22-2010, 08:30 AM
This particular draft is high on WR value, so knowing Pete Carroll, I wouldn't worry too much about that. Heck, you already have an underutilized Bilitnekoff-award-winning receiver on your roster, Mike Hass. I remember (and I know Pete Carroll remembers) him toasting many All-Pro USC secondaries in his Oregon days.

Actually yeah, looking at the WR's I kind of doubt we take a WR early. Maybe if someone like Taylor Price is still there in round 4, but otherwise I don't really see it.

Housh, Branch, Butler, Morey, Martin, Williams, Williams, Obumanu. If either of the Williams actually contributes we could have an almost decent passing game. Well, except we know that Morey is gonna make the team for special teams, not WR skills.

Excuse me there Hawk fans-I've been trying to figure out the angle to signing Mike and Reggie and I'm coming up blank. What is the deal with signing the Williamses? It's like they want to find out what made these guys top 10 busts. I'd expect a good bunch of that WR lot to be cut around training camp so is it a smokescreen for Dez?

summond822
04-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Excuse me there Hawk fans-I've been trying to figure out the angle to signing Mike and Reggie and I'm coming up blank. What is the deal with signing the Williamses? It's like they want to find out what made these guys top 10 busts. I'd expect a good bunch of that WR lot to be cut around training camp so is it a smokescreen for Dez?

It's really a low/medium/high return for a low risk. If neither of the Williams play well, we cut them and we lose nothing. If either one of them even shows flashes of why they where top 10 picks then we got a steal.

And I'm not too convinced the Seahawks would take Bryant, but you never know. Maybe if they trade down from 6 or 14 and pick up more picks, especially a early-to-mid second rounder, then maybe they draft Bryant. That said, this team lacks a true big-play threat so Bryant is a very real possibility if the talk of him being off their board isn't factual at all.

jballa838
04-22-2010, 05:53 PM
If we cant get Spiller at 14 we have to trade down, get an early second and turn that into Mardy Gilyard. Its that simple. We need playmakers and the best play makers are the ones who can't count past 15.

Caulibflower
04-23-2010, 02:12 AM
LOL there is no way those players combine for anywhere NEAR 10 touchdowns. The over under for TDs from them should be set at 3.5.

They were once good college players but the bottom line is that they've both been out of football for a while and were never good pro receivers to begin with.

Anything the Seahawks get out of either of them is an added bonus.

The team likes Obamanu, Carroll says he likes Branch, so I think they'll add a receiver sometime in the draft to compete for a roster spot with the two Williams brothers.

I love Carlton Mitchell.

We also know that good WR gems can be found in the fourth and fifth - they have 4 combined picks in those rounds.

I was just looking at some highlights of Carton Mitchell, and I'm not sure sure. Great athlete for sure, but all his catches seemed to be on broken plays where he had a lot of room to run in a straight line. I'd rather have Benn, Gilyard or Jacoby Ford at 60. Assuming Gerhart is gone. Gilyard and Ford would have value at RET as well.

summond822
04-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Only having 40 catches scares me. I mean physically he looks really similar to Brandon Marshall, but he still only has 40 catches...

gpngc
04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Rumor is that they could send #60 to Buffalo for Marshawn Lynch.

If they keep the pick, I'd target:

DE
Everson Griffen
Carlos Dunlap

S
Nate Allen
Morgan Burnett
Chad Jones
Reshad Jones

WR
Jordan Shipley
Eric Decker
Carlton Mitchell
Mike Williams

or Dexter McCluster

Babylon
04-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Rumor is that they could send #60 to Buffalo for Marshawn Lynch.

If they keep the pick, I'd target:

DE
Everson Griffen
Carlos Dunlap

S
Nate Allen
Morgan Burnett
Chad Jones
Reshad Jones

WR
Jordan Shipley
Eric Decker
Carlton Mitchell
Mike Williams

or Dexter McCluster

Bad move bringing in Lynch, i'll guarantee you that Gerhart or Dixon can get as many yards as Lynch for a longer period of time for a lot less headaches.

Not sure why they would target a safety after drafting Thomas. I would focus on a RB/DE/WR in that order in the next few rounds. Some of the names i like:

Tate
Dunlap
Gerhart
Decker
Sapp
Joseph
Cooper

summond822
04-23-2010, 03:08 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO LYNCH!!!! I seriously think that would be a horrible investment in a player that can't even stay out of trouble in Buffalo! I mean what the hell is there to do in Buffalo????

And yes, Gerhart & Tate are superior to Lynch in that we don't have to worry about them being locker room cancers.

jballa838
04-23-2010, 03:52 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO LYNCH!!!! I seriously think that would be a horrible investment in a player that can't even stay out of trouble in Buffalo! I mean what the hell is there to do in Buffalo????

And yes, Gerhart & Tate are superior to Lynch in that we don't have to worry about them being locker room cancers.
I love Marshawn, but he is not worth a second. give up our 4th and i'll be fine with it.

Caulibflower
04-23-2010, 05:03 PM
My wishlist, in no particular order. And assuming Golden Tate is gone, because if he falls to 60 I'd be ecstatic.

Gerhart. (That one's in "particular order.")

Arrelious Benn, Jacoby Ford, Mardy Gilyard, Everson Griffen, or LaMarr Houston. I'd be cool with Ben Tate at 60, I guess, if all those guys are gone.

Caulibflower
04-23-2010, 06:24 PM
...Colt McCoy falls to Seattle? Could it be?

Caulibflower
04-23-2010, 07:22 PM
I am ecstatic, and I am no longer worried that Pete Carroll is going to reach for former USC players. Way to go coach: I'm going to turn off the TV and quit thinking about the draft. First three picks= very, very nice.

Cicero
04-23-2010, 07:24 PM
I am ecstatic, and I am no longer worried that Pete Carroll is going to reach for former USC players. Way to go coach: I'm going to turn off the TV and quit thinking about the draft. First three picks= very, very nice.

This has been an amazing draft I'm sooooo happy right now.

jballa838
04-23-2010, 09:46 PM
My wishlist, in no particular order. And assuming Golden Tate is gone, because if he falls to 60 I'd be ecstatic.

Gerhart. (That one's in "particular order.")

Arrelious Benn, Jacoby Ford, Mardy Gilyard, Everson Griffen, or LaMarr Houston. I'd be cool with Ben Tate at 60, I guess, if all those guys are gone.
It was a crazy fall

XxXdragonXxX
04-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Ecstatic with this draft so far. Its been pretty simple so far...we have so many needs that you just sit back and let teams reach, take BPA and fill needs at the same time.

Everson Griffen at 104 will just be icing.

summond822
04-24-2010, 01:56 AM
Ecstatic with this draft so far. Its been pretty simple so far...we have so many needs that you just sit back and let teams reach, take BPA and fill needs at the same time.

Everson Griffen at 104 will just be icing.

If Griffin is there at their first pick I just can't see them passing on him. He has huge potential and getting him in the 4th should be a steal. I just kind of wonder what was going on down at USC cause those players have been free falling.

Crickett
04-24-2010, 02:24 AM
Right now, it looks to me like the two best drafts belong to the NFC West. Three immediate starters who provide big upgrades with your first three picks is always a good thing. If there is one thing I didn't like though, it was Pete Carroll at the end of the third round talking about how it was so hard it was to watch the USC guys fall on the NFL Network. If he's there, Griffin would be a great pick to the Seahawks. Tremendous value at a need position. In fact, he'd be such a great pick, I was wondering why the Seahawks didn't trade up into the late third and get him right then instead of talking about how hard it was to watch the USC guys fall?

summond822
04-24-2010, 03:07 AM
Right now, it looks to me like the two best drafts belong to the NFC West. Three immediate starters who provide big upgrades with your first three picks is always a good thing. If there is one thing I didn't like though, it was Pete Carroll at the end of the third round talking about how it was so hard it was to watch the USC guys fall on the NFL Network. If he's there, Griffin would be a great pick to the Seahawks. Tremendous value at a need position. In fact, he'd be such a great pick, I was wondering why the Seahawks didn't trade up into the late third and get him right then instead of talking about how hard it was to watch the USC guys fall?

They can't afford to give up any picks right now, we have way too many needs. I like how Schneider and Carroll have approached this draft, taking BPA and not focusing in on one player and giving up way too much for them.

The thing that has impressed me the most is how well these guys know the value of the draft and just aren't forcing it. I'm still hoping that they pick up an additional pick or two this year because this draft is ridiculously deep...

thetedginnshow
04-24-2010, 09:35 AM
I wanted to say that the NFC West has been drafting very well. I'm only going to comment here though since I hate the rest of the NFC West though. Nice deal for White too!

MikeTeel
04-24-2010, 10:20 AM
This all seems too good to be true. Got Lendale and Vickerson for peanuts, Lendale is exactly what we need behind Forsett, Vickerson will provide competition at DT which Carroll loves, Thurmond could end up being a steal if he gets healthy, well worth the risk. Everythings going great.

summond822
04-24-2010, 10:34 AM
I thought that the draft today was resuming at 9 PST...but when I turn on my computer this morning the 4th round is almost over...

Oh well I like Thurmond and White

MikeTeel
04-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Don't know a lot about E.J. Wilson but he looks like he could be an okay role player. Good against the run, not a lot of pass rush moves. Won't ever be a starter, but can be good depth. Not exactly ecstatic with the pick like I have been with the others, would have preferred either Reshad Jones or Larry Asante because we have no depth at safety but another base DE was needed.

MikeTeel
04-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Kam Chancellor works, I geuss he'll move to FS, but I'd rather a SS like the two I previously mentioned.

summond822
04-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Kam Chancellor works, I geuss he'll move to FS, but I'd rather a SS like the two I previously mentioned.

Earl Thomas is the FS in our system. Carroll said that in his press conference after the first round.

MikeTeel
04-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Earl Thomas is the FS in our system. Carroll said that in his press conference after the first round.

For some reason, I thought Chancellor played CB in College and had to move to safety, naturally making me think that he would play FS, which is why I didn't like the pick at first. Forgot that he was actually already a safety. So it's a whole different situation now, I like the pick. Im still a huge Asante fan though.

Crickett
04-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Leon/Lendale should be a nice combo for the Seahawks if Carroll can bring Lendale back to his USC form. You got Leon for a steal. :(

MikeTeel
04-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Our RB situation looks a lot like the Jets last year.

Justin Forsett is our Thomas Jones, all around back, will start and break down the defense, get them tired. Can run between the tackles, outside the tackles, catch a pass, block, etc. Then, LenDale White is our Shonn Green. Short yardage thumper, goal line/red zone back, good blocking. Then finally, Leon Washington is our.. Leon Washington! Comes in when Forsett tires out the Defense and breaks out long runs outside and really helps our return game. Our running game goes from one of the worst in the league to the upper half of the league, imo.

Our passing game stays about average, Golden Tate I can see replicating Burlesons stats last year. Our offensive line is way improved, will help our battling QBs get it to our recievers and also help improve our run game. Basically, our offense went from a weak spot to a major strength.

Our defense im still worried about, we upgraded our secondary with Thomas and provided good depth with Chancellor. We also upgraded corner with Thurmond, who would be a 2nd round player without the injuries. If he gets over his injuries, he will be a starter next to Trufant, moving Wilson to the nickel. If not, he will be great depth. I still don't know what they're doing with there front 7, is Curry playing standup end? Are EJ Wilson and L-Jax going to be the base DEs on the other side? I don't know enough of the situation to make a comment, but our defense isn't as improved as our offense is.

summond822
04-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Well we knew that they wouldn't be able to fix everything in one year, so I'd put our top priorities next year as QB & DE. More than anything we need a consistent pass rush, and I think that EJ Wilson is really just a depth player. We need a true pass rusher and I don't think that we're going to get one in this draft.

Cicero
04-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Babylon is sad now.

thetedginnshow
04-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Our RB situation looks a lot like the Jets last year.

Justin Forsett is our Thomas Jones, all around back, will start and break down the defense, get them tired. Can run between the tackles, outside the tackles, catch a pass, block, etc. Then, LenDale White is our Shonn Green. Short yardage thumper, goal line/red zone back, good blocking. Then finally, Leon Washington is our.. Leon Washington! Comes in when Forsett tires out the Defense and breaks out long runs outside and really helps our return game. Our running game goes from one of the worst in the league to the upper half of the league, imo.

That's a giant, hilarious stretch. But best of luck. You guys have been making a lot of moves that look good on paper.

gpngc
04-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Loved this draft. Nothing else to even say.

Stole Tate, Leon, and Okung.

I really hope Thomas' game translates...

What's the book on Konz? Why was he so hyped up again?

Caulibflower
04-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Freakish athlete, and that's about it. He's a pure triangle-numbers guy:

6'3" 235lbs, 4.45. Benched 27 times at his pro day, and had a 46 inch vertical. I read an article that said the guys running the drills had to reset the vertical jump setup because he reached over the entire thing on his first jump. He played linebacker his first couple of years, so he's a tough guy. Sounds like he's smart and a hard worker, too. I like the pick; he could do a lot of things on offense, and probably be a terrific special teams gunner at the very least.

summond822
04-24-2010, 05:32 PM
I really like how the first two rounds went in getting Okung, Thomas, and Tate. I actually liked the majority of this draft, I just question the Wilson and McCoy picks. Wilson because he's not really a pass rusher and that is what I thought we were looking for at DE, and McCoy because I think that TE is the one area where we didn't need to spend a pick on a player.

However the most important thing that came out of this draft in my opinion was seeing Carroll not reaching for his old USC players. This restored a lot of faith in the direction this team is heading to me.

Cicero
04-24-2010, 05:37 PM
I really like how the first two rounds went in getting Okung, Thomas, and Tate. I actually liked the majority of this draft, I just question the Wilson and McCoy picks. Wilson because he's not really a pass rusher and that is what I thought we were looking for at DE, and McCoy because I think that TE is the one area where we didn't need to spend a pick on a player.

However the most important thing that came out of this draft in my opinion was seeing Carroll not reaching for his old USC players. This restored a lot of faith in the direction this team is heading to me.

Two TE sets with McCoy and Carlson are gonna be pretty sick if you ask me.

Caulibflower
04-24-2010, 08:16 PM

McCoy was a good value. I actually wish Carroll would have traded up for another of his USC players and gotten Everson Griffen at the top of the 4th- that was a need, and great value at that point. That's really the only thing that I didn't care for in this draft, and mainly only because we were so close to having him fall to us. And I've kept thinking about Jameson Konz, and I'm guessing he's going to be used like a leaner, faster, more athletic Leonard Weaver. Provided he makes the team, etc. As they say, he's certainly "got the tools."

gpngc
04-24-2010, 08:16 PM
I think it's possible they were targeting Greg Hardy, who came off the board right before they picked Wilson.

LoJack and co. are going to have to step up.