PDA

View Full Version : Dan LeFevour

Stranger
06-02-2009, 10:02 PM
He appears on several peoples top QBs list for next year. Haven't seen much of him since we don't get many MAC games down in my part of the world, although did see a game a few years ago (his freshman year?) and came away impressed. Was hoping someone could give me some insight into what he is like as a pro prospect.

YAYareaRB
06-02-2009, 10:04 PM
He's a MAC QB with good mobility. I think he needs to tear it up this season if he wants to be mentioned amongst Bradford and McCoy.

princefielder28
06-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Dan does have good mobility and he has continued to improve his passing over the past three seasons. He needs to show improvement on his deep ball this season to draw consideration in the first three rounds. He'll be a bit of a project too.

Falcon_from_E_Oakland
06-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Very similar to Tebow. imo

Smokey Joe
06-03-2009, 01:29 AM
I still find it tough to believe that anyone from Bennett freaking Academy has a shot at making it in the NFL. They suck at football.

nepg
06-03-2009, 07:11 AM
He's going to have to show a ton of refinement this year. This QB class is going to be sick - the depth is about as good as 2007, but the variety is much better. Tim Hiller's #1, in my opinion. And I don't see how McCoy is below Bradford in any category. Much better leader, much better winner, better arm, more mobile, better personality...

BuddyCHRIST
06-03-2009, 07:51 AM
More of a 5th ish rounder to me, too much of a project.

brat316
06-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Probably 2nd or 3rd round.

Not as big of a project compared to Tebow playing qb.

princefielder28
06-03-2009, 08:36 AM
More of a 5th ish rounder to me, too much of a project.

You can't use the too much of a project argument when it comes to the QB position. Just look at this past draft; Josh Freeman was taken 17th, and he's a HUGE project. All it takes is one team to fall in love with his skill set and one team to think they can form those skills into a capable player.

brat316
06-03-2009, 08:41 AM
If he didn't take snaps in shotgun formation and did it from under center, I wonder how much different his numbers would be?

nepg
06-03-2009, 09:26 AM
You can't use the too much of a project argument when it comes to the QB position. Just look at this past draft; Josh Freeman was taken 17th, and he's a HUGE project. All it takes is one team to fall in love with his skill set and one team to think they can form those skills into a capable player.

Ya, but this year was an awful year for QB's. 2010 should be really good.

BuddyCHRIST
06-03-2009, 10:20 AM

I agree and teams over draft on potential all the time, but personally if I was drafting I wouldn't draft him that high. Not saying someone team won't. But I also don't see nearly the ceiling as Freeman and he comes out of a much more difficult transition than Freeman did. I don't like Tebow as a prospect, but LeFevour is less of a prospect than he is.

And I've said this many times, but people hype this QB class but I think its really average and would rank it behind almost all the recent drafts. All the top guys come out of gimmicky college offenses and none have great physical tools (Tebow has probably has the best, and I would rate him the lowest). Snead is the only guy with the chance to become a legit Franchise QB prospect and he has to improve alot for that to happen.

the_legend_killer
06-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Dan's going to have to make some big strides to be taken as anything more than a project pick next April. He'll need to show he can take snaps from under center and make all the throws. The athleticism is there, it's just a matter of his pure passing.

SenorGato
06-03-2009, 12:52 PM
I agree and teams over draft on potential all the time, but personally if I was drafting I wouldn't draft him that high. Not saying someone team won't. But I also don't see nearly the ceiling as Freeman and he comes out of a much more difficult transition than Freeman did. I don't like Tebow as a prospect, but LeFevour is less of a prospect than he is.

And I've said this many times, but people hype this QB class but I think its really average and would rank it behind almost all the recent drafts. All the top guys come out of gimmicky college offenses and none have great physical tools (Tebow has probably has the best, and I would rate him the lowest). Snead is the only guy with the chance to become a legit Franchise QB prospect and he has to improve alot for that to happen.

+1

Hiller's damn good too actually, but his hype is for later.

I like Bradford though...and I think he's being underrated now...but I like Snead's playing style alot more.

Race for the Heisman
06-03-2009, 01:35 PM
He's got really good anticipation in terms of when guys come open, but his deep ball is very suspect and his arm strength is strictly average. I like his short and intermediate accuracy and his mobility means he could be a solid WCO quarterback, but I don't see greatness. Maybe third or fourth round?

Stranger
06-05-2009, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. There is less hype for him than I thought, I probably just got caught up in his awesome last name.

YAYareaRB
06-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. There is less hype for him than I thought, I probably just got caught up in his awesome last name.

I'm sure when the season rolls around, you're gonna be hearing his name a lot. Even in the post season workouts, his numbers are gonna be ridiculous I bet.

keylime_5
06-05-2009, 10:43 AM
He does have first round potential. Not convinced he'll go that high just yet though.

Menardo75
06-05-2009, 12:48 PM
I really hope LeFevour gets drafted high and has a good season. I just don't see him among the elite QB's in next years draft. My ranking goes

1. Tim Hiller
2. Sam Bradford
3. Jevon Snead

princefielder28
06-05-2009, 01:02 PM
I really hope LeFevour gets drafted high and has a good season. I just don't see him among the elite QB's in next years draft. My ranking goes

1. Tim Hiller
2. Sam Bradford
3. Jevon Snead

Tim Hiller #1? He's got some intriguing tools with his size, but at this point in time there is no way you can make a case for Hiller as the best QB prospect in this draft.