PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young speaks out (should of kept quiet)

stephenson86
06-03-2009, 07:00 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810a0506&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

He really hasn't got a clue

Gay Ork Wang
06-03-2009, 07:05 AM
oh well, at least he shows he wants to play and isnt saying "hey, im gonna get paid anyways" anymore

BlindSite
06-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Yeah I gotta admit, if I was a titans fan I'd rather have my supposed future at QB bitching because he's not starting than saying nothing at all.

I dunno what to make of young really, it's far too early to tell, and I can understand fisher's reluctance to get him on the field if he's going to melt down again. I just hope he works hard in TC and has been working hard to refine what he needs to so he might become a decent QB.

steelernation77
06-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Yeah I gotta admit, if I was a titans fan I'd rather have my supposed future at QB bitching because he's not starting than saying nothing at all.

I dunno what to make of young really, it's far too early to tell, and I can understand fisher's reluctance to get him on the field if he's going to melt down again. I just hope he works hard in TC and has been working hard to refine what he needs to so he might become a decent QB.

You don't demand a starting position, you earn a starting position. Young hasn't done that.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
06-03-2009, 08:46 AM

I see where you are coming from, but i'm not thinking this is the way to go about it. Fisher has stated it is a TC battle for the starting position. Young got hurt last season and you can't blame Fisher for sticking with a QB who led the team to a great season. Young had a meltdown. He can earn back the job. Titans obviously would love for him to come in and show that he should be the starter. He has to earn it though, demanding it doesn't do much of anything.....

DoughBoy
06-03-2009, 09:23 AM
What happend to "Im going to shut up and let my play do the talk"?

*facepalm*

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
06-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Young needs to chill out and focus on learning the QB position in the pros.

The Titans I'm sure would love to have him, but they really don't need him to win games.

FlyingElvis
06-03-2009, 10:06 AM
So he says that he's matured and will go about it the right way by earning the job but acts like an immature dolt who is more likely to cry than work hard.

Have fun with that, Tennessee. :rolleyes:

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't have a problem with him saying he wants to be the starting quarterback at all. My main problem is that he's making it sound like he's entitled to the position just because of where he was drafted.
"If them guys don't want me to be in there, it's time for me to make a career change." Uh, hello. It's not that they don't want you to be in there. The front office and coaching staff would love nothing more than for you to be in there, but you can't just show up to practice and get handed the job. You have to put in the time and effort and beat out Kerry Collins and show them that you deserve it.

Staubach12
06-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Double post, delete this.

Staubach12
06-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Good Lord. Vince will just never figure this out, will he? Back in '06 I said Tennessee should select hometown boy Jay Cutler. That's really what they should have done. They'd be one of the most complete teams in the NFL and you wouldn't have him spouting off to the media like this.

Steve McNair has said that he believes Vince Young will eventually succeed, but I just don't know... It'll be interesting to watch.

kalbears13
06-03-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine, but it's "should have kept quiet".

CC.SD
06-03-2009, 01:26 PM
So he says that he's matured and will go about it the right way by earning the job but acts like an immature dolt who is more likely to cry than work hard.

Have fun with that, Tennessee. :rolleyes:

Seriously he contradicts himself at every turn. Go away Vince, you are not better than Kerry Collins.

Kerry Collins...he just wins games. :D

Brent
06-03-2009, 01:30 PM
"If them guys don't want me to be in there, it's time for me to make a career change"

For real?

tjsunstein
06-03-2009, 01:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4226649
Agent: Young did not ask for trade

Wait, what?

CC.SD
06-03-2009, 01:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4226649
Agent: Young did not ask for trade

Wait, what?

Damage control FTW.

OROY retroactively awarded to Marcus McNeill. LT says "Thanks for the MVP, big guy."

Gay Ork Wang
06-03-2009, 01:36 PM
OROY retroactively awarded to Devin Hester

Agreed. He rocked!

CC.SD
06-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Agreed. He rocked!

Nooooo you have made a mockery of my endorsement!

Gay Ork Wang
06-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Nooooo you have made a mockery of my endorsement!
Devin broke a record, he wins!

CC.SD
06-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Devin broke a record, he wins!

But he only played special teams that is about 2% of the time Marcus spent on the field dominating in pass pro and run blocking...

At least we're sure it wasn't Vince.

The Unseen
06-03-2009, 02:03 PM
OROY retroactively awarded to Maurice Jones-Drew

damn straight.

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2009, 02:32 PM
If it wasn't for VY coming in and putting that 06 team on his back to an 8-8 record, we'd probably have Calvin Johnson right now. :(

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
06-03-2009, 02:42 PM
If it wasn't for VY coming in and putting that 06 team on his back to an 8-8 record, we'd probably have Calvin Johnson right now. :(

Thank god that didn't happen.

TitanHope
06-03-2009, 02:52 PM

But no Jeff Fisher...

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2009, 02:57 PM
But no Jeff Fisher...

I don't like to think of it like that. :D

CC.SD
06-03-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm not knocking Fisher but I don't think you really need him if Calvin is in the picture.

TitanHope
06-03-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm not knocking Fisher but I don't think you really need him if Calvin is in the picture.

I'm a Titans fan. Lack of elite WR's is a way of life! ;)

I don't like to think of it like that. :D

I also left out no Michael Griffin... :D

CC.SD
06-03-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm a Titans fan. Lack of elite WR's is a way of life! ;)

I also left out no Michael Griffin... :D

Shhhh Scotty will find you!

BlindSite
06-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Just want to clarify, I wasn't saying he should be demanding the starting job, but FIRE is good to have in any athlete.

stephenson86
06-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine, but it's "should have kept quiet".

dyslexic bro :(

Bucs_Rule
06-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Doing worse than Oakland and Detroit is very hard to do no matter how hard you try.

TitanHope
06-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Just want to clarify, I wasn't saying he should be demanding the starting job, but FIRE is good to have in any athlete.

I agree. His earlier comments were kinda bitter sweet, but were kind of appropriate at the time - saying he'll stay in the wings until he's needed, and support the team while on the sideline.

I'm glad he's coming into a more competitive attitude now that minicamp is going on and TC is approaching, and not deciding to bide his time until an opportunity falls into his lap.

I didn't perceive this as a trade demand or an ultimatum. Often times, a reporter will ask him a trap question, and he'll answer it honestly. Why does he do this? Because he's kind of a dumbass. Thus, interpreting VY's comments is a jedi mind trick you don't wanna mess with.

Personally, I like to hear this as a Titans fan.

Shhhh Scotty will find you!

Kenny Britt is our WR savior!! I take everything back! Never again! Never again!!!!!!!

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Doing worse than Oakland and Detroit is very hard to do no matter how hard you try.

We started 0-5. We were on our way.

Eagles own the NFC East
06-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I loved Vince Young in college, and he used to be one of my favorite players, but he has not proven to be a solid starting QB in this league. While his passing numbers have been well below average, he really didn't take advantage of his running game at the QB position either. He just didn't seem to have the confidence that he had at Texas which was one of the strong points of Vince as a prospect. He needs to earn his starting job back, but if any team should take a chance on trading for him imagine if the Vikings got him. A Vikings offense of Vince Young (say he becomes the multi-threat QB he should be), Adrian Peterson, and Percy Harvin running around in that dome, that would be a great offense. But they do already have one project QB so why would they need two.

I hope that Vince gets one more shot at being a starting QB in the league, but I don't know how successful he will be.

D-Rod
06-04-2009, 04:50 PM

That's not FIRE; that's whining.

OzTitan
06-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Well, in any case, whining > sulking, and the "I'll shutup and do whatever" stance was close to sulking.

He never said "give me the starting role or I want out" - the only Titans QB to say that recently was Kerry Collins, after a season which can be highlighted by the fact he managed not to screw it up.

All Vince really seemed to say is he wants to play - be used in some way. Be given an opportunity to earn it back. He has insisted he doesn't want anything given to him, he wants to earn it, but at the same time, you can only earn what you've been given a chance to earn.

Give him a few starts in preseason or something - it's something at least, for now.

Addict
06-04-2009, 07:11 PM
if this keeps up we should start the next thread if Young can go an offseason without embarrassing himself.

"The OMG Vince Young didn't look like an idiot"-thread...

Bucs_Rule
06-04-2009, 09:05 PM
VY Wildcat?

Wootylicous
06-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Apparently the Toronto Argonauts wants Vince Young. lol.

Chucky
06-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Apparently the Toronto Argonauts wants Vince Young. lol.

Grey Cup, here we go now!!!

CC.SD
06-05-2009, 05:54 PM
and for his next trick, Vince Young will now perform Warren Moon's career in reverse.

bigbluedefense
06-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Im glad Vince Young said that. You want to hear that. He should be pissed, he should want his job back, he should sound upset.

Thats a good sign.

Vince Young can't win with the public. When he says he's ok taking his time, he gets ripped for it. Now he says hes ready to handle his business, and he gets ripped for it.

I think if you're a Titans fan, this is good news. I know Id be pleased to hear him say this. At least it sounds like he gives a ****.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
06-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Grey Cup, here we go now!!!

They're gonna rush an Ottawa team into the CFL and they'll sign him!

Go RoughRidegades!

Addict
06-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Im glad Vince Young said that. You want to hear that. He should be pissed, he should want his job back, he should sound upset.

Thats a good sign.

Vince Young can't win with the public. When he says he's ok taking his time, he gets ripped for it. Now he says hes ready to handle his business, and he gets ripped for it.

I think if you're a Titans fan, this is good news. I know Id be pleased to hear him say this. At least it sounds like he gives a ****.

Yeah, demanding the starting job or saying you want out is just great to hear!

Manic Depressant
06-15-2009, 06:27 PM

He didn't demand the starting job, just an opportunity to compete for it.

"I feel like for them to understand that you are growing up, you must speak your mind and let them know what's going on," Young said then. "That's basically what I told him. I don't want him to give me anything.I just want to come and take care of my responsibilities and earn everything, that what's given me is that what I earn."

Gay Ork Wang
06-15-2009, 06:33 PM
better than: "im fine as long as i get paid"

Addict
06-15-2009, 06:38 PM
better than: "im fine as long as i get paid"

yeah I guess. Still, he just needs to stop talking.

BlindSite
06-16-2009, 02:56 AM
I'd rather he just put up the performance, since I loved him at Texas and hoped, but doubted he could be a decent NFL QB.