PDA

View Full Version : How good can Ray Rice get?

jkpigskin
06-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Reading fantasy stuff really got me thinking about how good our 2nd year runner can be. Many have him starting over Willis McGahee this season, but i didnt really get a good gauge of who he can be from last season. I saw great agility but not necessarily great top end speed/
He was drafted before Steve Slaton, who people are calling an up and comer back. Can he be a better player than Steve Slaton and be a franchise runner?

America
06-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Slaton also has the advantage of a great passing game to keep safeties out of the box, or even defenses in nickel or dime packages. When Flacco opens up, Ray could get the stats, but until then he won't be used enough because of the pounding he'll be taking. I think he has the talent to be a #1 back, a complete running back.

scottyboy
06-03-2009, 08:17 PM
i'm not sure you really want me to answer this, but I am the self proclaimed Raymell baby Rice expert here. and in the world

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
06-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Sure tell us your opinion!!!

scottyboy
06-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Welllllll Raymell baby is god and the best ever.

He's not the fastest, whatever. cool. He's a ******* workhorse. He'll do anything and everything the coaches ask. He was used a lot as a reciever because they want to get him the ball. He's not the flashiest runner. Not the fastest, shiftiest or biggest/powerful like Jacobs. But he always gets the job done and is never stopped in the backfield. I dont know how he does it. Probably his juicy thighs. He screams fanchise back. A guy who's gonna just wear down D's constantly with 3-5 yard carries. He'll be most effective with a homer run hitter to spell him and MCclain will get some of those goal line touches. But my god, Ray Ray is a franchice back. With McGahee literally being made of glass, Rice will get plenty of carries and should assume the starting role if not this season, than full time next year. He's just a rock. He doesn't fumble and he gets the job done. His stiff arm and thighs are just so nasty as well. He's smart with excellent vision and he's tough to bring down. He won't be flashy, but will give you excellent yards per carry, catches, and yards. He wont get many TD's on goal line carries or huge runs, fantasy wise, but he wont fumble.

and he's just so damn sexy

TimD
06-03-2009, 08:31 PM
here's an interesting question. Him or Shonn Greene? Who will be better? Very similar backs, which is probably why Rex Ryan drafted him.

Ravens1991
06-03-2009, 08:32 PM
I agree he can be a good player for us. He is well rounded in every aspect of the position and has a great attitude. He can be a above average back in the NFL.

scottyboy
06-03-2009, 08:34 PM
here's an interesting question. Him or Shonn Greene? Who will be better? Very similar backs, which is probably why Rex Ryan drafted him.

Ray Rice is a bit quicker and from what I've seen has better vision than Shonn Greene. Don't get me wrong, I really like Greene, but Rice just has this uncanny ability to just pick up 5 yards when he should've gotten 1 or 2. I dont get it. He's just so damn good and I believe he's got huge upside, despite some thinking it's limited.

Sniper
06-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Tell me about Ray's thighs, scotty.

scottyboy
06-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Tell me about Ray's thighs, scotty.

think of the most juiciest pear you've ever had. like, you bit into it, and the sweet nectar just dripped out everywhere. It's delicious, but if you're wearing your good shirt you're like "oh damn, there's pear juice all over my good shirt". But it's delicious nonetheless. Now take that juicy-ness, multiply it by about 27 million, and that's Raymell baby Rice's thighs.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I think if you keep a bigger power back on the team with him then Rice can be an explosive difference maker for this team.

jkpigskin
06-03-2009, 09:24 PM
think of the most juiciest pear you've ever had. like, you bit into it, and the sweet nectar just dripped out everywhere. It's delicious, but if you're wearing your good shirt you're like "oh damn, there's pear juice all over my good shirt". But it's delicious nonetheless. Now take that juicy-ness, multiply it by about 27 million, and that's Raymell baby Rice's thighs.

LOL
actually when i made this thread, i thought of you and what you would post... thanks for the very descriptive analysis!

im excited to see what he can do for this offense. A Flacco Rice backfield does not see to bad for our future

A Perfect Score
06-03-2009, 11:43 PM
He reminds me of Curtis Martin very much.

the decider13
06-03-2009, 11:50 PM

That was the creepiest AND funniest thing I have seen on here in a long time haha

scottyboy
06-04-2009, 09:03 AM
He reminds me of Curtis Martin very much.

in complete honesty, while I was typing up my first response, Curtis Martin kept coming to mind. Maybe because I saw a lot of Curtis being in this area, but still. I think he'll be a better Curtis Martin. Curtis Martin=recession hit middle class man's Raymell Rice

BmoreBlackByrdz
06-04-2009, 07:38 PM

this post screams "quote me" But I gatta agree, after that Cleveland game, I wanted Rice as the full time starter. He just has the big play ability that McGahee has lost.

niel89
06-04-2009, 09:56 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to scottyboy again.

Giantsfan1080
06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
OMG Ray Rice!! I was lucky enough to watch him play at Rutgers many a time. Scotty is spot on about everything he said. He can be a full time RB and be excellent.

Shahin
06-05-2009, 05:54 PM
yes; those juicy, juicy thighs.