PDA

View Full Version : QB Jesse Scroggins

YAYareaRB
06-04-2009, 12:52 PM
What do you guys think about the kid? I think his arm is more than efficient to put him amongst the top QBs in the country. His deep ball arm strength is probably unmatched in this QB class. His plays against the best competition in Southern Cali. I haven't heard much of him.

CQq8PPIKq2Q

BRAVEHEART
06-04-2009, 01:03 PM
What do you guys think about the kid? I think his arm is more than efficient to put him amongst the top QBs in the country. His deep ball arm strength is probably unmatched in this QB class. His plays against the best competition in Southern Cali. I haven't heard much of him.

CQq8PPIKq2Q

He might commit at USC's Rising Stars Camp. I'm a fan of his, he's tore up every camp he's been to.

YAYareaRB
06-04-2009, 01:06 PM
I heard he's leaning towards the Vols

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2009, 01:23 PM
http://www.uga.edu/hockey/CHS_Prog/images/full_logo_tennessee.gif + http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4195FXMXTRL._SL160_.jpg
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BRAVEHEART
06-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I heard he's leaning towards the Vols

It'd be better for his career (he'll start right away). I like the Vols (my new SEC team, and you know why) so I'd be glad if they got him.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Anyone that knows more about him know if he'll be an early enrollee or not? If he came to Tennessee and enrolled in the spring I'm almost positive he'd be a day one starter.

jballa838
06-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I am hearing him to UW. Qb's love Sark. We'll get him or Joe Montana's son. Want Scroggins though.

BRAVEHEART
06-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I am hearing him to UW. Qb's love Sark. We'll get him or Joe Montana's son. Want Scroggins though.

You'd be in a way better situation if you got Scrogg. Tenn offered his friend (Dion Baily) and I believe it's a package deal. Dion really makes it sound as if tenn is in the lead.

YAYareaRB
06-12-2009, 08:02 AM

I hear there isn't anything too special about Nick Montana, although that's what they were saying about his dad when draft day rolled around.

wicket
06-12-2009, 08:36 AM
I like his film and he is up there in a pretty weak qb class imo. One of the top10 qbs in this class (although on the back end of that top 10) but he shouldnt be more than a four star. He has a pretty decent arms and is a decent athlete but doesnt move well (he moves well physically but not tactically). Also his accuracy is okay but nothing special. Pick the best of him and nick montana and you would have a pretty special qb.

CashmoneyDrew
06-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Scroggins named Florida, Tennessee, and USC his top 3 recently. No surprise. Will decide in late July.

sbh15
06-29-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm hearing everything that USC is the team to beat after he camped and they offered.

OneToughGame
06-29-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm hearing everything that USC is the team to beat after he camped and they offered.

Hopefully he doesn't go to USC. No chance he'll beat out Barkley to start as long as Barkley is at USC.

CashmoneyDrew
06-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Hopefully he doesn't go to USC. No chance he'll beat out Barkley to start as long as Barkley is at USC.

What you said. I'd be really sad to see him go to USC and sit for 3 or 4 years when he could come to Tennessee and probably start as a freshman.

brat316
06-29-2009, 04:00 PM

and Aaron Corp,

sbh15
06-29-2009, 05:39 PM
This information could be horribly wrong, but here's what I've heard...

UT lead heavily for Scroggins, but he went to their practice and apparently hated what he saw.

USC offered while he was at their camp, he's obviously been in love for a while, and when you're a kid from SC and USC offers, it's always hard to resist.

Florida is in his top 3, but not really close to the others.

And as for the hard time beating guys out, etc. Look at ideal examples JDB and Sanchez. Both sat for a few years and then went on to be NFL draft picks. Sitting for a few years is the best thing you can do at USC.

CashmoneyDrew
06-29-2009, 11:13 PM
This information could be horribly wrong, but here's what I've heard...

UT lead heavily for Scroggins, but he went to their practice and apparently hated what he saw.

Hmmm. That conflicts with what I've heard for the most part. He especially loved having his name on the rock and it's his myspace pic and has been since that camp.

Sniper
06-29-2009, 11:27 PM

If I had a nickel for every time someone said "Player X will never beat out Player Y" and Player X ended up beating out Player Y, I'd be filthy rich.

sbh15
06-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Hmmm. That conflicts with what I've heard for the most part. He especially loved having his name on the rock and it's his myspace pic and has been since that camp.

I what I heard was that he saw Kiffin was kind of offensive and wasn't quite what he had expected. Again, could be really wrong.

OneToughGame
06-30-2009, 01:14 AM
If I had a nickel for every time someone said "Player X will never beat out Player Y" and Player X ended up beating out Player Y, I'd be filthy rich.

It's just Barkley is something special.... ;)

CashmoneyDrew
06-30-2009, 01:15 AM
I what I heard was that he saw Kiffin was kind of offensive and wasn't quite what he had expected. Again, could be really wrong.

I guess we'll find out soon. :)

sbh15
06-30-2009, 01:27 AM
I guess we'll find out soon. :)

Watch him commit to Florida after all of this.

CashmoneyDrew
06-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Watch him commit to Florida after all of this.

I would probably off myself.

sbh15
07-03-2009, 09:49 PM
My info was bad. He wants to keep dragging out his recruitment.

CashmoneyDrew
07-03-2009, 09:52 PM
My info was bad. He wants to keep dragging out his recruitment.

Actually I've read that he may actually push up his announcement from July 25th to sometime next week.

Jericho@SC
08-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Looks like he chose 'SC.

And how is he in the back end of the top 10 in this year's class? Name 8 more QB's with better film than this. Heck, you could argue his film is better than even Matt Barkley's.

Only thing he doesn't have is a more prototypical build (looks kinda small). But other than that, he's got a quick release, shows very good arm strength and good touch on his throws.

When 'SC offers a QB, you better believe he has the goods. 'SC just doesn't settle for anything less than elite at that position. They don't have to. I'm putting my money on Scroggins being in the top 50 of the Rivals 100 by the end of the year and possibly putting on a 5th star.

YAYareaRB
08-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Not too mention his highlight video is one of the best HQ vids on youtube lol.