PDA

View Full Version : Julius to be traded?

TNewFan41
03-08-2007, 05:50 PM
It is all speculation now, but Michael Smith of ESPN said the bills are interested in trading for one of our RBs, specifically Julius Jones.

D-Unit, if we trade our first and Julius to the Bills for the 12th pick, would you want to take Nelson there or it is a reach?

D-Unit
03-08-2007, 06:09 PM
I'd do it. A reach by what? 3 or 4 picks?

DMWSackMachine
03-08-2007, 06:18 PM
That would be a horrible decision. If we trade Julius Jones to move up that far, it would have to be with an eye towards getting Levi Brown, Ted Ginn, Lynch or Leon Hall. At least that's imho.

TNewFan41
03-08-2007, 06:22 PM
You like Ted Ginn? I personally wouldn't look at him until the 2nd round.

dc4life
03-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Wow I don't think i'd do that trade either just to grab Nelson. I kind of like how our RB system is. Also, do we know if Barber can carry the load ? This season will be interesting because supposedly he'll get more carries which could set up Jones' departure next season. I'd probably feel more comfortable if we got a vet RB, if we did do this trade.

D-Unit
03-08-2007, 06:24 PM
That would be a horrible decision. If we trade Julius Jones to move up that far, it would have to be with an eye towards getting Levi Brown, Ted Ginn, Lynch or Leon Hall. At least that's imho.
We all have our own opinions. I wouldn't expect the pick to be Brown. Just not Jerry's style. Ginn would be terrible, but I can imagine Jerry making a stupid move like that. Lynch is a better back than Adrian Peterson imo. Hall may fall to 22 and I don't wanna move up to grab a CB. One will be at 22.

KILLERSANTA
03-08-2007, 06:26 PM
You like Ted Ginn? I personally wouldn't look at him until the 2nd round.
That early..I wouldn't look at him until the second day....All he is going to be is a KR/PR in NFL.....DB are going to man handle him off the line....

DMWSackMachine
03-08-2007, 06:34 PM
that's what I thought about Santana Moss, too. Things can develop differently than you expect, and he is rated as high as he is for a reason.

TNewFan41
03-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Yea, experts are stupid, there is your reason.

Staubach12
03-08-2007, 07:16 PM
If we get to 12, and Landry is there, we'd better take him.

KILLERSANTA
03-08-2007, 07:17 PM

Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Twice

Paul
03-08-2007, 07:20 PM
F*** yes on the Landry idea.

D-Unit
03-08-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm not so sure, but I would still be happy.

JoeMontainya
03-08-2007, 08:02 PM
What would be Jones value in the draft? take into account that there arent to many teams left that need or want a RB.

Maybe a third?

D-Unit
03-08-2007, 08:24 PM
What would be Jones value in the draft? take into account that there arent to many teams left that need or want a RB.

Maybe a third?
What are you talking about??? There are a lot of teams in need of a RB. The Texans, The Falcons, The Packers, The Bills, The Titans and every team that uses a RB by committee.

Gone are the days of relying on 1 Starting RB.

That said, JJ should be worth a late 2nd or 3rd.

nrcirc
03-08-2007, 08:51 PM

Maybe a third?

You are corrected. I think Bill is looking to draft ADRIAN PETERSON or MARSHAWN LYNCH at 11. I would move up to draft ALAN BRANCH.

Macarthur
03-08-2007, 08:52 PM
I think that pick we be a reach if Nelson was the pick. You trade your starting RB to move up and take a player that has a pretty good chance of being there at 22. That would be crazy. Now, if you're going up there to get Levi Brown (depending on Columbo) or Landry, I'm ready to listen.

BX
03-08-2007, 08:54 PM
You are corrected. I think Bill is looking to draft ADRIAN PETERSON or MARSHAWN LYNCH at 11. I would move up to draft ALAN BRANCH.

Uh, Bill ain't here no mo'.

nrcirc
03-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Uh, Bill ain't here no mo'.

Buffalo Bills.

mtmock
03-08-2007, 10:06 PM
hey tnewfan41 hook me up w/ the link

D-Unit
03-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I think that pick we be a reach if Nelson was the pick. You trade your starting RB to move up and take a player that has a pretty good chance of being there at 22. That would be crazy. Now, if you're going up there to get Levi Brown (depending on Columbo) or Landry, I'm ready to listen.
If you want a player bad enough, you go get him to guarantee it.

Julius is replaceable. You say starting RB like we're losing Steven Jackson or something. lol.

I don't know if you guys realize how impressive his workout was. Many Coaches and GMs stayed late to request private interviews with him. Same thing went on at the combine... late into the night... even caused him to miss dinner the night before the combine... Needless to say, he wasn't prepared for all the combine attention and how it was going to affect his performance.

Macarthur
03-08-2007, 10:38 PM
I realize you're on him bigtime. I would be very happy to have him, but the question is, will he be there at 22? If he's the guy you love, I don't have a problem going and getting him. That just seems high. I mean at 12, there's a scenario on boysblog.com that has Peterson falling to 12. I would give up Julius & a 1st to get Peterson. Not sure about Nelson.

I don't doubt Julius can be replaced. I'm not married to Julius; I just have a bit of a problem with Julius and the first if the pick is Nelson.

bantx
03-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Landry will get picked up by the falcons so he's out the picture.

bigmac076
03-08-2007, 10:59 PM
It is all speculation now, but Michael Smith of ESPN said the bills are interested in trading for one of our RBs, specifically Julius Jones.

D-Unit, if we trade our first and Julius to the Bills for the 12th pick, would you want to take Nelson there or it is a reach?

trade away Julius to jump up and take a safety who might be there anyway? Who is going to be the RB? And don't say Barber. He hasn't been the feature back for us ever, and he was not the feature in college, ala splitting carries with Maroney. Awful decision, if we did that ridiculous trade, I would puke.

DallCowby1
03-08-2007, 11:21 PM
I don't see any team trading for Jones. Since his rookie year, I feel Jones has become timid.

Hey, if Dallas can get more than a cup of coffee for Jones, then props to them.

-----------------
Still wish they had taken RB, Stephen Jackson (was my pick then & still is) Sometimes the draft gods drop a gift in your lap.
Back in 1996, Tony Brackens was another gift that Dallas passed.

LonghornsLegend
03-08-2007, 11:44 PM
ummm, landry will be gone LONG before pick #12, i can think of 4 teams who would pick him up before that pick...he's good enough anyone from 7-11 would think about taking him because he was still there...

im just trying to figure out why alot more people dont think that would be a horrible trade...we move up 10 spots, and trade away one half of our rb rotation, for a safety? even if nelson is gone we can stay put, keep the same rb rotation and still pick griffin or merriweather at our spot, seems like a move you take if there are only 2 good safeties to come out, this year if we want safety first rd we will have that....

and yea we should of had steven jackson anyway, but im more then happy with barber, i think he should start, and let jones spell him

bigmac076
03-08-2007, 11:57 PM
We should stay at #22 and see who falls to us and take the BPA. There will most definetly be a skill player of value at that pick.

Modano
03-09-2007, 07:23 AM
If we grab the #12 spot I want Levi Brown or Marshawn Lynch..

bigmac076
03-09-2007, 08:10 AM
If we grab the #12 spot I want Levi Brown or Marshawn Lynch..
No reason to trade up, unless it is to get Leon Hall http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

UTPATS
03-09-2007, 10:09 AM
I honestly dont see a definative reason da 'Boys should trade Jones and move up. Is there one player in this draft, realistically, that they should move up and take that they cant wait for a similar player at 22 or trade down and pick?

I like Nelson, Landry, I even like Leon Hall, but IMO the Boys dont need to trade up to get those kinds of guys. I like Levi Brown, but they dont need to trade up to get that, they can wait and get a similar player.

I know Julius has been injured too frequently, and if he isnt out, he isnt running at his best because he is banged up. This past season proved he can be a pretty good back in this league. Barber compliments him well. I hear too many people say that they are the same back, and there is no way in my mind that they are.

However, if they do make this trade, who do they pick? S, OL, DL, CB, RB?
I just dont see a good enough reason to make that kind of a jump.

SimonRath
03-09-2007, 10:24 AM
There is no way you will get the 12th overall pick for Jones!

UTPATS
03-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Jones and our number one and maybe a day two pick?

D-Unit
03-09-2007, 11:12 AM
There is no way you will get the 12th overall pick for Jones!
Wow, you are so smart.

FinChase
03-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I honestly dont see a definative reason da 'Boys should trade Jones and move up. Is there one player in this draft, realistically, that they should move up and take that they cant wait for a similar player at 22 or trade down and pick?
I like Nelson, Landry, I even like Leon Hall, but IMO the Boys dont need to trade up to get those kinds of guys. I like Levi Brown, but they dont need to trade up to get that, they can wait and get a similar player.

I know Julius has been injured too frequently, and if he isnt out, he isnt running at his best because he is banged up. This past season proved he can be a pretty good back in this league. Barber compliments him well. I hear too many people say that they are the same back, and there is no way in my mind that they are.

However, if they do make this trade, who do they pick? S, OL, DL, CB, RB?
I just dont see a good enough reason to make that kind of a jump.

I can think of one: Peterson. I think he's going to be awesome. But if he's sitting there at 12, why the hell would the Bills want Jones instead?

UTPATS
03-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I can think of one: Peterson. I think he's going to be awesome. But if he's sitting there at 12, why the hell would the Bills want Jones instead?

IMO, Peterson will not be there at 12 anyway.

TNewFan41
03-09-2007, 01:59 PM
No reason to trade up, unless it is to get Leon Hall http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Ehh, he is ok. I wouldn't take him that high.

And BigMac, why do you always have to take a skill player with a high pick. It may sound corny, but football IS won an lost in the trenches. If you don't have an o-line, your RB, WRs, and QB will all suffer from it. If you don't have a D-line, your LBs and DBs are left out to dry. But if you have good O and D lines, your WRs, RBs, DBs, LBs, and QB will all look A LOT better.

I don't disagree with you that this team needs a skill player, I am just saying that people who think lineman should always be picked late in the draft are wrong.

If we pick any skill player, it should be Robert Meachem, or Reggie Nelson.

Rob S
03-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Just my opinion here guys, but I dont see the Bills trading for a RB. I get the feeling that we will address it throught the draft and maybe a vet in FA. Marv really likes having stockpiled picks, so I doubt he ships them for Julius.

bigmac076
03-10-2007, 10:33 AM
And BigMac, why do you always have to take a skill player with a high pick.

Im not saying you ALWAYS have to take a skill player. Im saying THIS year we should take one. And like everyone knows, Jerry doesn't take OL in the 1st round.

It may sound corny, but football IS won an lost in the trenches. If you don't have an o-line, your RB, WRs, and QB will all suffer from it. If you don't have a D-line, your LBs and DBs are left out to dry. But if you have good O and D lines, your WRs, RBs, DBs, LBs, and QB will all look A LOT better.

since I played offensive line in football for 9 years, kinda already knew that. But thanks for the heads up.

I don't disagree with you that this team needs a skill player, I am just saying that people who think lineman should always be picked late in the draft are wrong.

couldn't agree with you more. Curse those people!

TNewFan41
03-10-2007, 11:09 AM
And this is coming from a RB. I know how important an o-line is to winning, that is why I am always saying take o-lineman.

LSUALUM99
03-10-2007, 12:29 PM
TNEW.

One day you'll understand the idea of diminishing returns.

The reason people say you should take an OL late and skill positions first is that, IN GENERAL, the difference between a 1st round WR / CB, etc is MUCH MUCH greater than a 7th rounder. It's not always the case. It's a general rule of thumb.

The difference between a 1st round OL and a 7th round OL is much smaller.

So, if the goal is to get the highest 'aggregate' talent level on your team, then you would, in general, take the positions with the highest difference in talent level early on.

KILLERSANTA
03-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Twice

Wow..people are dumb..I got a Neg Rep for this post^

D-Unit
03-10-2007, 10:54 PM
I think this whole rumor started out of TNew's imagination.

TH3
03-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Nelson will be gone by our pick in the 1st so if we are to get him we must move up