PDA

View Full Version : Official UFL (United Football League) Thread

Pages : [1] 2

BlindSite
06-07-2009, 09:18 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/07/several-former-nfl-players-trying-out-for-ful/

With former NFL coach Dennis Green overseeing the workout, former Baltimore Ravenshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/07/several-former-nfl-players-trying-out-for-ful/#) first-round pick Travis Taylor and former Arizona Cardinals first-round selection David Boston were a few of the players in attendance, UFL spokeswoman Rachel Gary told us in a telephone interview today.

Besides Taylor, other ex-NFL players on hand included: tight end Jermaine Wiggins, quarterback Quinn Gray, wide receiver Reche Caldwell and running back LaBrandon Toefieldhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/07/several-former-nfl-players-trying-out-for-ful/#) and wide receiver/defensive back Bobby Sippio.

The article also mentions that the league is going to make the teams using a system of geography to place the players for the first year rather than an initial draft.

I think that the smartest thing this league is doing is making the teams up of players from certain states rather than initially doing a draft. Realistically this league has a very small shot of making itself a fixture for more than one year.

As we all know these leagues tend to go bust in their first year and this league was floated to investors during a time of massive economic boom, now the economy has crapped itself the market for the league has definitely shrunk.

Making the teams have some form of state origin in their make up may find a way for the league to expand their fanbases beyond the city the team is based in and expand their chances of lasting.

I'm surprised to see Jermaine Wiggins trying out, he's 34 years old has an AFC and NFC title and a superbowl ring and a pretty bad case of concussion when he last played in the NFL.

David Boston and Travis Taylor I can understand, Taylor had no luck in carolina getting on the field even when Hackett and Robinson went down with injuries so I didn't expect him to ever be an NFL receiver again after bouncing from team to team for years, but he could be a pretty decent receiver facing nobodies at cornerback in a league which will be likely made up with rules designed for big plays and lots of scoring.

Boston is 30 but has no knee ligaments and a busted foot, so it should be interesting to see what he's capable of given he was a talented receiver before he went nuts and got injured constantly.

Thoughts on the new league?

vikes_28
06-07-2009, 10:08 PM
It's probably going to FAIL. Just like the XFL.

I think that any players that have troubles playing the game when they get out of college will always have trouble no matter where they go. Sometimes, players just lose their sense of direction after they come out of college and then they end up sucking it up. Wiggins came as a suprise to me, because when he played for the Vikings I thought he was a beast. But I really think that players who can't play the real game of pro football, will never be able to play the real game of pro football, even if they are against ****** defenses or offenses.

BlindSite
06-07-2009, 11:10 PM
I think that quite a lot of college players do well in a system and then fail once they hit a more stringent offense and have to deal with the speed of an NFL defense.

For a lot of these guys they were playing what was a very different game back in college, so it's no surprise they bust out, with a new league with lesser level of opposition and probably what will be a different style of offense and defense we'll see some of these big busts actually do ok IMO.

diabsoule
06-07-2009, 11:24 PM
I've never understood how Quinn Gray hasn't earned and NFL spot.

bearfan
06-07-2009, 11:38 PM

I agree, I never saw him play, but whenever I saw his stats he seemed to do well

vikes_28
06-07-2009, 11:50 PM
I agree, I never saw him play, but whenever I saw his stats he seemed to do well

Yeah ok, against 2nd team defenses.

SuperMcGee
06-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Sip Sip Sippio!

niel89
06-08-2009, 12:25 AM

I always like what I saw from him too. Seemed to have and okay arm and he was pretty mobile. I always thought he would catch on as a 3rd Qb.

ChezPower4
06-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah ok, against 2nd team defenses.

No one said he was a stater, he would provide a solid back up if needed for a game or two.

BlindSite
06-08-2009, 01:09 AM
I liked Quinn Gray a lot, maybe he wants to play and figures this league gives him the best chance.

The Unseen
06-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Quinn Gray did a good job as a fill-in, but he wanted too much for being a #2 after 2007 as a UFA so the Jags didn't re-sign him. Turned out alot of other teams didn't care for him, either.

Bucs_Rule
06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Gray is better than a lot of current backups.

BlindSite
06-08-2009, 04:10 PM
The issue with gray is likely he wants to be a starter somewhere.

AntoinCD
06-08-2009, 06:22 PM
This is going to revolutionise modern day sports. I mean how can a league with Quinn Gray, Reche Caldwell and possibly...wait for it...Pacman Jones not succeed???

06-08-2009, 06:26 PM
The issue with gray is likely he wants to be a starter somewhere.

I'd love to see him in Argo blue in the CFL.

BamaFalcon59
06-08-2009, 07:14 PM
I hope it holds up.

CC.SD
06-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Just the other day Sportsillustrated.com was bitching about there not being a minor league system anymore.

brat316
06-08-2009, 07:41 PM
When is this league starting again..September I think to November.

E-Man
06-08-2009, 07:53 PM
It will probably fail, but I'll still watch. I'm such a football **** that I'll have my ass watching.

dabears10
06-08-2009, 08:13 PM
What the UFL needs to do is really set up as a minor league system. They also should go to markets whom do not have a close NFL team. Iowa, Vegas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Missouri, etc. I think I remember someone saying they have a Mexican city on the horizon, in which my opinion would be stupid, but they do that with the smaller basketball leagues.

M.O.T.H.
06-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Group me in w/ those that like Quinn Gray. He can be a very good back up in the nfl.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
06-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Sip Sip Sippio!

He was a ******* stud for the Chicago Rush a few years back. I really hoped that he could have stuck with the Chiefs in 2008. I just read that he is cousins with Dwayne Bowe.

lordquas
06-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Quinn Gray > Jamarcus Russell

ChezPower4
06-08-2009, 10:45 PM
I hope it holds up.

Chances of that are very small.

BlindSite
06-09-2009, 03:34 AM
What the UFL needs to do is really set up as a minor league system. They also should go to markets whom do not have a close NFL team. Iowa, Vegas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Missouri, etc. I think I remember someone saying they have a Mexican city on the horizon, in which my opinion would be stupid, but they do that with the smaller basketball leagues.

This is a good option, they need to get some love and passion behind there teams which is partly why the homestate players is a good idea,

CT Bronco Fan
06-09-2009, 06:04 AM
What the UFL needs to do is really set up as a minor league system. They also should go to markets whom do not have a close NFL team. Iowa, Vegas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Missouri, etc.

I agree with your idea but Missouri already has 2 NFL teams in the Kansas City Chiefs, and St. Louis Rams

DaN1eL
06-13-2009, 04:43 PM
I can't wait

niel89
06-13-2009, 04:58 PM
what would happen if a player became really popular and actually developed into a good NFL prospect? Naturally the player would look to the NFL because of popularity and money. What would stop the NFL teams from just picking off players from the UFL? Would the players be considered free agents to the NFL? Would they be draftable players? Im sure the UFL wouldn't want to lose a player that could be a face of the league to the NFL.

Crickett
06-13-2009, 05:15 PM
what would happen if a player became really popular and actually developed into a good NFL prospect?

I'm really tempted to go with the ghostbusters dogs and cats speech. I'm not going to, but I was.

ChiFan24
06-13-2009, 05:38 PM
what would happen if a player became really popular and actually developed into a good NFL prospect?

He'd become the Steelers starting QB and beat the Browns in the first round of the playoffs.

GB12
06-13-2009, 05:46 PM
what would happen if a player became really popular and actually developed into a good NFL prospect? Naturally the player would look to the NFL because of popularity and money. What would stop the NFL teams from just picking off players from the UFL? Would the players be considered free agents to the NFL? Would they be draftable players? Im sure the UFL wouldn't want to lose a player that could be a face of the league to the NFL.
You're going a little far with saying the face of the NFL. Maybe someone could come out of this league and be a decent starter in the NFL.

But that's exactly what they want to happen.

niel89
06-13-2009, 07:57 PM
You're going a little far with saying the face of the NFL. Maybe someone could come out of this league and be a decent starter in the NFL.

But that's exactly what they want to happen.

Sorry I meant a face for the UFL. An above average/average player in the NFL could be a star in the UFL. Someone like Juice Williams would be a project in the NFL and would spend a couple years developing and maybe be a good player. But in the UFL, he could be a really exciting player quickly and would really draw some fans and be a face of the UFL. But if the NFL wants him then the UFL would be losing an important player for them.

BlindSite
06-13-2009, 08:13 PM
It wouldn't matter that much IMO, short term they'd lose some money in jersey sales, but there'd only be one or two marquee guys anyway.

Besides which, there's a good chance the level of competition will be low enough or different enough that players won't be able or won't want to make the switch.

brat316
06-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Sorry I meant a face for the UFL. An above average/average player in the NFL could be a star in the UFL. Someone like Juice Williams would be a project in the NFL and would spend a couple years developing and maybe be a good player. But in the UFL, he could be a really exciting player quickly and would really draw some fans and be a face of the UFL. But if the NFL wants him then the UFL would be losing an important player for them.

Well the thing is that what the UFL wants to do...be the minor league of Football. They know they'll fail if they try and compete with them, but if they act with them then they wont fail. If a certain team can't get a player on its PS, but want to see how they develop and play, they could send them to their local UFL team and see how the develop from there. Hoping that the player develops good and comes back to the original team.

Kind of like gray shirting, in NCAA, sent to a local JC and then brought back after a year of training.

Burger
06-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Green Bay is loving this league so far.

the decider13
06-13-2009, 11:33 PM
I hope Oklahoma gets a team...I think we have an arena team. But that doesn't really count.

GB12
06-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Green Bay is loving this league so far.
What's that supposed to mean?

Burger
06-14-2009, 01:57 AM
What's that supposed to mean?

We have alot of undrafted free agents on our team. Like 7 recievers, and a few offensive linemen. The packers can just send them there, and see who is the best.

BlindSite
06-14-2009, 02:14 AM
You can't just "send" them and retain rights it's a completely different league not NFLE

lordquas
06-14-2009, 09:42 AM
well at least all those NFL busts we were naming can get a chance to play.

it'll last... it's not like XFL at all, its actual football.

It'll be a great development league IMO

SuperKevin
06-14-2009, 10:14 AM
http://www.afxleague.com/09/home

New European League starting up having combines in America this summer

OneToughGame
06-14-2009, 10:27 AM
well at least all those NFL busts we were naming can get a chance to play.

it'll last... it's not like XFL at all, its actual football.

It'll be a great development league IMO

I really do hope it lasts. I pro football to have a "minor" league of some kind.

yodabear
06-14-2009, 10:32 AM
This may work. Got some former NFL coaches. Sounds like they got some former NFL players. They are TV partners with Versus, and they have plans of expansion for next year. My concern would be that they only have 4 teams.

brat316
06-14-2009, 11:12 AM
http://www.afxleague.com/09/home

New European League starting up having combines in America this summer

So any of us guys trying to make a football team AFX is our best shot

The AFX is the first fan-based interactive sports league offering a new style of American football which is designed as fast paced, hard hitting, exciting entertainment that fits with the style of sport played in the European markets today.
The AFX is working to be present in the whole of European territory. We plan to have 12 Divisions and between 6 to 8 teams per Division, about 72 to 78 teams

72 to 78 teams. Reading more on it, it seems more like a party and a way for rich Europeans to throw around their moneys.

SuperKevin
06-14-2009, 11:14 AM
So any of us guys trying to make a football team AFX is our best shot

72 to 78 teams. Reading more on it, it seems more like a party and a way for rich Europeans to throw around their moneys.

That's kind of how Euroleague basketball is though. You have a million teams in different "leagues" who all come together come playoff time

neko4
06-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Well i guess im moving to europe in 5 years to play frenchie football

Actually i want to learn italian in college, so i'll see if there is an italian team

Vox Populi
06-14-2009, 06:51 PM
I blame you UFL for this forum's name changing and all the threads disappearing.

Damn you!

BlindSite
06-14-2009, 07:35 PM
It always goes quiet this time of the year, give it a month and there'll be people lining up to argue cowboys vs giants and scream " OMG HOMER FGT" at anyone who doesn't think their team sucks.

TitleTown088
06-14-2009, 07:44 PM
I blame you UFL for this forum's name changing and all the threads disappearing.

Damn you!

That's what I was just thinking. I will now not watch it out of spite. NFL> pro football.

Vox Populi
06-14-2009, 09:09 PM
That's what I was just thinking. I will now not watch it out of spite. NFL> pro football.

I probably wouldn't watch more than a commercial break's worth of it anyways, but this just gives me more reasons to.

Damn youze!!!!

GB12
06-14-2009, 09:12 PM
No mor NFL Draft Countdown, no more NFL forum, what's the deal here.

SuperMcGee
06-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Losman headed to the UFL!

I hope Dorsey joins him.

Hurricanes25
06-18-2009, 02:03 PM
According to Tim Rattay, the UFL draft is today.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/18/rattay-confirms-ufl-draft-is-today/

I also hope that Dorsey gets into this and plays like it is 2001.

Shane P. Hallam
06-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Anyone have a list of eligible players? I will soooo do a mock draft.

Though apparently it isn't actually a "draft"

BlindSite
06-18-2009, 05:49 PM
It's more an allocation, the draft won't be till next year.

KCJ58
06-18-2009, 05:59 PM
i heard JP should be going to Vegas with Jim Fassel

KCJ58
06-18-2009, 06:00 PM
DT Wendell Bryant (Wisconsin) drafted by Vegas

also Brooks Bollinger drafted by Orlando

KCJ58
06-18-2009, 06:15 PM
notable players drafted

S Mike Doss (Orlando)
RB LaBrandon Toefield (New York)
DE Bo Schobel (Orlando)
LB Nathan Williams (he went to Murray State) (New York)
LB Gary Stills (Las Vegas)
S Grant Mason (Orlando)

OneToughGame
06-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Anyone else think with Donte Stallworth being suspended from the NFL that he could end up being big in the UFL?

Hurricanes25
06-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Anyone else think with Donte Stallworth being suspended from the NFL that he could end up being big in the UFL?

In my opinion, there is no chance that Stallworth will end up in the UFL.

Hawk
06-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Mike Vick
UFL

book it.

OneToughGame
06-18-2009, 10:27 PM
In my opinion, there is no chance that Stallworth will end up in the UFL.

I dunno.. He's a decent receiver when healthy I'm sure he'd do well if they wanted him in it...

Hurricanes25
06-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Here are the rosters.

http://www.ufl-football.com/press/2009/06/19/_premiere_season_draft

Hurricanes25
06-18-2009, 11:17 PM
I dunno.. He's a decent receiver when healthy I'm sure he'd do well if they wanted him in it...

Its not like he got kicked out of the NFL. He is just suspended.

brat316
06-18-2009, 11:20 PM

ever heard of a contract

OneToughGame
06-18-2009, 11:45 PM
ever heard of a contract

Ever heard of being suspended indefinitely? I know Pac Man was reinstated but his circumstance for it was different.

Edit: Besides, would the Browns really want to keep him on contract after this?

Crickett
06-18-2009, 11:53 PM
DT Wendell Bryant (Wisconsin) drafted by Vegas

notable players drafted

S Mike Doss (Orlando)

What happened to these two? After Arizona cut Wendall Bryant got cut with Arizona, IIRC he didn't sign on with any other team and last I heard, had moved past his football career to some kind of charity or something.

As for Mike Doss, he can't get a job in the NFL?

Brooks Bollinger I can understand. Brooks Bollinger was absolutely awful in New York and Minnesota, but I didn't think Mike Doss was that bad in Indianapolis. :confused:

The Legend
06-18-2009, 11:56 PM
i knew 18 players from the draft lol

Crickett
06-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Here are the rosters.

http://www.ufl-football.com/press/2009/06/19/_premiere_season_draft

Hmmm, nobody wants to give Chris Perry another shot? Oliver Celestin wasn't so bad as Jet. And a David "Circus" Kircus sighting! Rien Long is someone else I thought had just stopped playing football in order to do something else with his life.

CC.SD
06-19-2009, 12:05 AM
This whole UFL is like a Saved by the Bell reunion. I'll watch just to see how bad Reche Caldwell looks these days...can't be worse off than Dustin Diamond.

XxXdragonXxX
06-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Orlando wins.

Bollinger, Doss, Gessner, Long, Perry, Schobel, Tripplett and Wiggins.

Vegas doesnt even have a QB.

TimD
06-19-2009, 01:04 AM
JP Losman is expected to sign with Vegas.

The Dynasty
06-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Larry Fitzgerald's little brother got drafted or picked up by the San Fran team.

M.O.T.H.
06-19-2009, 03:27 AM
Tyson Thompson is on Vegas. Woot, woot. He should start for sure. :)

Labrandon Toefield is on NY. Embarrassing.

Adam Archuleta. geez.

Rob Petitti. lolz. Orlando is easily the best team, though. They have a lot of former pro talent. Bollinger, Cruz, Doss, Long, Perry, Petitti, Schlegel, Schobel, Tribble, Tripplett, Wand, Wiggins, Wilson. They should run away w/ this thing.

SuperKevin
06-19-2009, 03:49 AM
San Francisco drafted Denzel Washington's kid

OneToughGame
06-19-2009, 04:17 AM
I want to see what Brian Johnson does with UFL New York.

YAYareaRB
06-19-2009, 09:39 AM
I want to see what Brian Johnson does with UFL New York.

This instantly made them my favorite team.

YAYareaRB
06-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Also, the Las Vegas squad is pretty sick. I'm interested in seeing Brian Toal and Ezra Butler

SuperMcGee
06-19-2009, 12:29 PM
This instantly made them my favorite team.

Ray Borell being there makes me like them a whole lot. Still, Vegas is tough to top if they're led by JP.

Hines
06-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Interesting if this thing sticks. I wonder who else will go to this league now that they don't have pro contracts.

phlysac
06-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Also, the Las Vegas squad is pretty sick. I'm interested in seeing Brian Toal and Ezra Butler

Still pisses me off that Ezra Butler showed up to 49ers minicamp as an UDFA in 2008 out of shape and lacking motivation. It didn't take long for him to be cut. They could really use his size and athletic ability as depth at 3-4 OLB.

Giantsfan1080
06-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Adam Archuletta haha. Another good job by the Redskins.

BlindSite
06-19-2009, 03:54 PM
I can't wait to see these teams play, it's like watching two drunk dudes fight, you know their skill level won't be real high, but it'll be damn fun watching them try.

CC.SD
06-19-2009, 04:18 PM
I can't wait to see these teams play, it's like watching two drunk dudes fight, you know their skill level won't be real high, but it'll be damn fun watching them try.

Everyone there is so pissed about it, I agree it will result in some good splosions.

Xonraider
06-19-2009, 07:00 PM

their skill level is pretty high, just not NFL high

YAYareaRB
06-19-2009, 08:29 PM
I wonder how you could get into something like this because if it's still around by the time I get outta ISU.. I'm game

OneToughGame
06-19-2009, 08:36 PM
I wonder how you could get into something like this because if it's still around by the time I get outta ISU.. I'm game

I think they had a forum you can fill out on their site about it.

Edit: Yep, right here.

http://www.ufl-football.com/registration/player

Burger
06-19-2009, 09:34 PM
I expect Las Vegas to be very good also.

XxXdragonXxX
06-19-2009, 10:44 PM
their skill level is pretty high, just not NFL high

Its like college football without the superstars that made it to the NFL, but also without the really crappy players.

OneToughGame
06-20-2009, 02:16 AM
Its like college football without the superstars that made it to the NFL, but also without the really crappy players.

Well.. It will have some College superstars that didn't make it in the NFL at least lol.

YAYareaRB
06-20-2009, 01:08 PM
It will also feature some NFL guys seeking redemption. This league is full of basically hungry guys which should make up for some good football

SuperKevin
07-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Not a surprise but the UFL is willing to let Michael Vick play. No word on Plaxico Burress, Pac Man Jones, or Donte Stallworth though

BlindSite
07-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Stallworth would be a massive surprise since I thought he was still under contract.

The others, not so much.

niel89
07-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Still pisses me off that Ezra Butler showed up to 49ers minicamp as an UDFA in 2008 out of shape and lacking motivation. It didn't take long for him to be cut. They could really use his size and athletic ability as depth at 3-4 OLB.

Plus he got busted for weed. I thought he might be a decent player but as a UDFA you cant do all these things and expect to make a team.

Brent
07-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Casey Bramlet is in this league. AWESOME.

bored of education
07-07-2009, 09:51 AM
I read the 1st roster quickly and thought I saw Tyson Jackson's name. FML

bored of education
07-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Orlando's D sounds solid.

JLaw45
07-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Casey Bramlet is in this league. AWESOME.

That just made my day. Maybe Corey will join him.

JLaw45
07-10-2009, 02:53 PM
I really hope that people give this league a chance and don't write it off too quickly. What so many don't seem to realize is the fact that given the sheer amount of football talent in this country, a number of very talented and otherwise qualified players are not going to make NFL rosters, in many cases for reasons other than their skill level. There are also plenty of players who may have the potential to be NFL caliber but just need time to develope. Its not just black and white, with NFL players all being awesome and everyone else being crap. Some players fit into grey areas, and I think there ought to be a place for them.

I actually watch soccer overseas sometimes, and the systems over in Europe are great. England, for example, has the premier league where the average salary is in the multi-millions, but below that there are 3 developmental leagues(Championship, League one and League 2). Championship salaries are around $500,000 average, and six figure salaries are common in both of the other leagues. I'm a little envious of them. The top English league has this huge developmental base to draw from, enhancing its talent level. They get players from other contries to, but those nations all possess pretty large developmental systems to.

I don't understand why the NFL has always lacked this, but it would be good of everyone to give this league a chance. If it succeeds, the NFL will be better for it.

BlindSite
07-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Probably because the average NFL career is still just 3 years and players getting to 10-15 years in the game is very rare.

Most prospects coming out are between 20 and 24 with highschool and college already pounding on their bodies. Take them to a developmental league and then have them enter the draft, the average age of a debut NFL player will rise to something like 23-27 for some players that's just too old to have to give two years to for them to adjust to the NFL game.

vikes_28
07-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I really hope that Sioux Falls gets a team. Or somewhere thats not 3 hours away. It would just be really nice to have a minor league something in this town. The only thing Sioux Falls has is a D-League team.

SuperMcGee
07-12-2009, 01:49 AM
I really hope that Sioux Falls gets a team. Or somewhere thats not 3 hours away. It would just be really nice to have a minor league something in this town. The only thing Sioux Falls has is a D-League team.

What better dynasty is there than the Sioux Falls Storm??

M.O.T.H.
07-22-2009, 03:25 PM
J.P. Losman finally agrees to QB Las Vegas.

SuperKevin
07-22-2009, 03:26 PM

I'm a fan of Las Vegas now.

ChezPower4
07-22-2009, 03:32 PM

kinda surprising b/c Losman could have been a really good back up for someone in the NFL and given the right team even competed for the starting job.

Malaka
07-22-2009, 03:34 PM
J.P Losman MVP UFL?

SuperKevin
07-22-2009, 03:35 PM
I think it's a great move by JP Losman. He'll have a better chance at impressing NFL teams as a starter in the UFL then he will in mop up duty in the NFL. Plus he has an opportunity to become one of the faces of a fledgling league. Should the UFL actually stick around he could be huge

SuperKevin
07-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Have the teams come up with nicknames yet?

M.O.T.H.
07-22-2009, 03:52 PM
I heard they were releasing them like a week or two before the season starts...so a while yet. They should have released them earlier...start merchandising!

vikes_28
07-22-2009, 03:53 PM
What better dynasty is there than the Sioux Falls Storm??

It really gets old after watching them destroy every team they play.

SuperKevin
07-22-2009, 03:53 PM
I heard they were releasing them like a week or two before the season starts...so a while yet. They should have released them earlier...start merchandising!

Damn them. I wish there was a DC area team so I could have a home team to root for.

SuperKevin
07-23-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm curious to see if we'll see any potential 1st day NFL draft choices pull a Herschel Walker and choose the UFL over the NFL. I think the thought of that alone will make the draft process even more exciting this year

BlindSite
07-23-2009, 05:42 PM
First day would be extreme, second not so much. I think a lot of it will depend on the pay grade too.

JLaw45
07-26-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm curious to see if we'll see any potential 1st day NFL draft choices pull a Herschel Walker and choose the UFL over the NFL. I think the thought of that alone will make the draft process even more exciting this year

Not likely unless the UFl pay grade increases A LOT. The salary cap is supposedly at like $20 million, and only 10 or so players per team will make $1 million per season. That salary could attract some mid-round picks at best, but I don't see how a first rounder would be tempted.

superman8456
07-26-2009, 10:47 PM
I wonder if any of the players from the 4th and Long show will play n the UFL. Particularly Montrelle Jones.

And the paygrade is going to be pretty big for some of the best players. If this catches on, there will be plenty of endorsements from Nike, etc.

BlindSite
07-27-2009, 02:54 AM

And the paygrade is going to be pretty big for some of the best players. If this catches on, there will be plenty of endorsements from Nike, etc.

Individual sponsorships and allowing them to wear anything from any sponsor would help teams.

Todd Bertuzzi
07-27-2009, 02:56 AM
The UFL cannot be good for the CFL. Hopefully it folds quickly like the XFL.

JLaw45
07-30-2009, 09:31 AM
The UFL cannot be good for the CFL. Hopefully it folds quickly like the XFL.

I think there's room for both of them, especially given the fact that their seasons only overlap partially. The AFL can fit in to since they play earlier in the year than all 3 of the other pro leagues. There is more than enough leftover talent from the NFL to fill all 3. Plus, like I said, more developmental leagues are necessary for the sport to get better. There are too many talented players out there right now and not enough room in Canada and the NFL.

I think what you'll start to see are more "year round players". Guys like Michael Bishop(QB from Kansas state) who play in the CFL and the AFL in one year will do the same thing, except now it'll be like CFL to UFL or AFL to UFL, etc, etc.

I'm sure the CFL has taken note of the UFL's high pay grade though. They might have to offer more competitive salaries now. Top players there make only about $400,000 US. If those guys can jump to the UFL and make $1 million, there might be an issue. Then again, like I said, some of them might be able to play in both leagues anyway.

SuperKevin
08-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Man. The UFL basically signed their own death sentence with these team name and uniforms. Why do all the teams have to have the same colors as the logo?

YAYareaRB
08-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Las Vegas Locomotives

New York Sentinels

San Francisco Rockfish

Orlando Tuskers

WHAT THE ****?

SuperKevin
08-25-2009, 06:28 PM
WHAT THE ****?

San Francisco Rockfish was changed to California Redwoods

BamaFalcon59
08-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Hahahahhahahahahahah.

Still hope it succeeds.

YAYareaRB
08-25-2009, 06:36 PM

Thank God but couldn't they name 'em something better. How about something that has to do with the Spanish Military or the Native Americans that inhabited California before anyone else.

Splat
08-25-2009, 06:40 PM

Since that is such an upgrade...

SuperKevin
08-25-2009, 06:42 PM
It should have been the California Grizzlies. Heck they have a Grizzly Bear on their flag for pete sake

BlindSite
08-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Anything is better than Redwoods or Rockfish.

SuperKevin
08-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Anything is better than Redwoods or Rockfish.

Even the California Raging Homos?

Brent
08-25-2009, 06:53 PM
California is the Redwoods, dude.

Also, those uniforms are just awful, they're all the same but with different colors and no logos.

Hurricanes25
08-25-2009, 06:59 PM
I just got an e-mail from the Meadowlands informing me about ticket prices for the New York Sentinels. They range from $20 to $60. I dont know if it is even worth it.

SuperKevin
08-25-2009, 08:36 PM

Also, those uniforms are just awful, they're all the same but with different colors and no logos.

They are all the same colors just mixed up

Brent
08-25-2009, 08:40 PM
They are all the same colors just mixed up
Either way, there is absolutely ZERO creativity or originality in those uniforms. Just pay some ****** designer to come up with something, UFL. Now, you look like a cheap-ass league.

Splat
08-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Just pay some designer to come up with something, UFL.

The bad thing is they probably did.

aNYtitan
08-25-2009, 10:28 PM
I just got an e-mail from the Meadowlands informing me about ticket prices for the New York Sentinels. They range from $20 to $60. I dont know if it is even worth it.

Who is the top player on that team?

SuperMcGee
08-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Who is the top player on that team?

That would be Buffalo State alum TJ Cottrell.

They had some interesting QB - Quinn Gray, Brian Johnson, and CJ Bacher

OMG Craig Nall is in this league!? Nall vs. Losman in the UFL Championship-thing, plz!

Brent
08-25-2009, 10:47 PM
The bad thing is they probably did.
hell, how hard would it have been to just approach someone like under armor, nike or even puma and be like, "design our stuff for free advertising"?

PACKmanN
08-25-2009, 11:24 PM
That would be Buffalo State alum TJ Cottrell.

They had some interesting QB - Quinn Gray, Brian Johnson, and CJ Bacher

OMG Craig Nall is in this league!? Nall vs. Losman in the UFL Championship-thing, plz!Nall>Favre.

YAYareaRB
08-26-2009, 01:39 AM
Why in the blue hell is the REDwoods jersey Green?

diabsoule
08-26-2009, 01:45 AM

California Redwoods is much better than the ******* Florida Tuskers

Every team is well coached except the NY team. Who the **** wants Tedd Cottrell as their HC? That's going to be terrible. Jim Fassel's picture is the most intimidating one on their site.

SuperKevin
08-26-2009, 06:12 AM
Why in the blue hell is the REDwoods jersey Green?

Have you ever seen a tree?

YAYareaRB
08-26-2009, 10:39 AM

Of course, I always thought the famous part of the redwood was the big base and bark. I don't care though, these jerseys are ******* ugly.

aNYtitan
08-26-2009, 12:57 PM

That was great, you get points for that one

brat316
08-26-2009, 03:15 PM
YEo start this league already

nepg
08-27-2009, 01:34 PM
I like the name "California Redwoods". I think it's actually really good. New York Sentinels is also pretty solid. Cal's uniforms would be good if it wasn't for the team name. Sentinels have the only good combination of those colors.

Black, silver, white, lime green, and electric blue for every team FTL. But let's not bash it too much, give the league a chance to get some revenue and grow...they'll get more unique uniforms if the UFL survives a year or two.

tjsunstein
08-27-2009, 02:16 PM
All UFL games will be streamed via www.ufl-football.com

People I didn't realize were in this league until now:

Bo Schobel, DE - Cousin of Matt (Eagles) and Anthony (Bills)

Jermaine Wiggins, TE - We all know who he is.

BJ Sams, WR - Ravens All Pro in 2005

Fred Bledsoe, DT - NT waived by GB earlier this summer.

CJ Bacher, QB - Liked him at Northwestern. Didn't make it out of camp with the Bears

Cecil Sapp, RB - Spent some time in the NFL with the Broncos

David Kirkus, WR - Limited playing time with the Lions, Broncos, and Dolphins. Total of 15 catches and 1 touchdown.

Teddy Lehman, LB - Former second rounder out of Oklahoma.

Tim Rattay, QB - Funny thing is, he might not start in this league, either. JP Losman is ahead of him.

Brian Toal, LB - Remember him out of Boston College.

Zach Piller, OL - He was on one of Florida's national championship team.

Is there any team you guys are pulling for? I'm liking the Las Vegas Locomotives but I feel like they're the favorites since they have Losman and Fassel coaching them.

Splat
08-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Simeon Rice officially resurfaces (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/27/simeon-rice-officially-resurfaces/)

The New York Sentinels of the UFL have officially announced (http://www.ufl-football.com/press/2009/08/27/united_football_league_s_new_york_sentinels_add_17 _to_roster_tickets_for_october_29th_game_at_giants _stadium_on_sale_on_saturday_august_29th_at_noon) that Rice will launch his football comeback in the upstart league that begins its inaugural season in October.

SuperMcGee
08-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Bo Schobel, DE - Cousin of Matt (Eagles) and Anthony (Bills)

Aaron, not Anthony. And I love cousin Bo.

I'm definitely rooting for JP and his Locomotives, despite the awful team name. They have intriguing LB, too.

But most teams seem to have something I like.

New York - TJ Cottrell, who just follows his dad around everywhere but is still the only pro out of my college. Also Ray Norell, former Buffalo lineman. Other good offensive talent with their QBs, Sapp, Toefield. Might get Simeon Rice?

Tuskers - Craig Nall to Doug Gabriel all day. Schobel, Claude Wroten (ha), Mkristo Bruce, Fred Bledsoe all on the D-line.

brat316
08-27-2009, 04:24 PM
This league is gonna be for people like us, that want to see how the PS guys and summer camp guys develop.

And the list is gonna grow, once roster trim down to 53 man rosters.

SuperKevin
08-27-2009, 04:29 PM
I wish they'd put a team in Richmond. They could also play home games in Virginia Beach and Northern VA much like how the other teams appear to be playing in multiple cities.

YAYareaRB
08-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Put him in.. You will win.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/01/03/amd_brian-johnson.jpg

YAYareaRB
08-27-2009, 04:32 PM
The UFL! Where you can see guys that you thought would succeed.. succeed

Splat
08-27-2009, 05:26 PM
This league is gonna be for people like us, that want to see how the PS guys and summer camp guys develop.

Pretty much NFLE only in the US.

tjsunstein
08-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Aaron, not Anthony. And I love cousin Bo.

Wow, how could I? Typo, I swear.

SuperKevin
09-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Istarting to think that I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these undersized DEs that generally get forced to convert to 3-4 OLBs decide to sign with a UFL team instead in hopes of staying on the DL. I mean they can use it as an opportunity to prove they can play with their hand down and if it doesn't work out they can still sign free agent deals later down the road. Not first round guys of course but I can definately see guys from that 2nd and 3rd tier like Willie Young from NC State and Carl Ihenacho from San Jose State do it.

senormysterioso
09-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Istarting to think that I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these undersized DEs that generally get forced to convert to 3-4 OLBs decide to sign with a UFL team instead in hopes of staying on the DL. I mean they can use it as an opportunity to prove they can play with their hand down and if it doesn't work out they can still sign free agent deals later down the road. Not first round guys of course but I can definately see guys from that 2nd and 3rd tier like Willie Young from NC State and Carl Ihenacho from San Jose State do it.

I really don't think that proving yourself in the UFL is going to impress NFL GM's any more than proving yourself in big time college football

wonderbredd24
09-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Pretty much NFLE only in the US.

I hope so, because I think it hurt the NFL when NFLE went down... so many players have spent a couple years and NFLE and developed into very good players for the NFL.

Having some sort of minor league for the NFL again would be fantastic

M.O.T.H.
09-10-2009, 03:50 PM
What channel is this going to be televised on again?

SuperKevin
09-10-2009, 04:06 PM
What channel is this going to be televised on again?

Versus (10)

Brent
09-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Versus (10)
half are on versus and half are on HDNet

M.O.T.H.
09-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I actually saw a promo on HDnet just now. I didnt know they'd be on Versus, though. I'm really not that interested but, I'll probably watch.

tjsunstein
09-10-2009, 05:15 PM
When is the first game?

SuperKevin
09-10-2009, 05:16 PM
When is the first game?

Beginning of October I think

Splat
09-22-2009, 11:56 AM
It's the first official UFL trade (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/22/its-the-first-official-ufl-trade/)

Flutie, Kordell will work UFL games (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/22/flutie-kordell-will-work-ufl-games/)

They sure are not doing a very good job advertising this league if it is going to start in October.

YAYareaRB
09-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Nice article about guys coming in

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-lifeintheufl092209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Splat
10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
So the first game is on the 8th and I have yet to see a commercial or any kinda of advertising if it wasn't for DCD I would not even know about it.

http://www.ufl-football.com/schedule

October 08, 2009

California Redwoods (http://draftcountdown.com/teams/california_redwoods) vs. Las Vegas Locomotives (http://draftcountdown.com/teams/las_vegas_locomotives)

6:00PM PST - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas, NV (http://draftcountdown.com/venues/sam_boyd_stadium_las_vegas_nv)

Channel - Versus

tjsunstein
10-01-2009, 02:19 PM
So the first game is on the 8th and I have yet to see a commercial or any kinda of advertising if it wasn't for DCD I would not even know about it.

October 08, 2009

California Redwoods (http://draftcountdown.com/teams/california_redwoods) vs. Las Vegas Locomotives (http://draftcountdown.com/teams/las_vegas_locomotives)

6:00PM PST - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas, NV (http://draftcountdown.com/venues/sam_boyd_stadium_las_vegas_nv)

Channel - Versus

October 8th is a Thursday. Depending on how the Nebraska- Missouri game goes, I might tune in. Chances are I'll forget, though.

Raiderz4Life
10-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Does anyone know what happened to Versus i tried tuning in and the channel was removed....

tjsunstein
10-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know what happened to Versus i tried tuning in and the channel was removed....

I still have it...

Maybe your cabel provider is gonna charge for it now that the UFL and NHL is being broadcasted on it.

Splat
10-01-2009, 03:15 PM

Do you have Direc TV? If so it is gone for now.

http://versus1.viewerlink.tv/

awfullyquiet
10-01-2009, 03:17 PM
I love me some versus.

YAYareaRB
10-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Spike should have jumped all over this but it might be more suited for versus.

jnew76
10-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Question-

Could Michael Crabtree sign a 1 year deal to play with one of these teams if he decided to not sign with the 49ers??? If he did, would he then become a free agent next year because he has played professionally?

I know it is extremely unlikely, but I was just wondering.

Splat
10-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Sounds like all the games will either be on Versus or HDnet which I have both so I'm good.:)

senormysterioso
10-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Question-

Could Michael Crabtree sign a 1 year deal to play with one of these teams if he decided to not sign with the 49ers??? If he did, would he then become a free agent next year because he has played professionally?

I know it is extremely unlikely, but I was just wondering.

I don't think that's how it would work. You have to have four or more accrued years of service to be an unrestricted free agent. Also, Herschel Walker was drafted into the NFL after playing 2 or 3 years in the USFL by the Cowboys in the fifth and signed with them when the league failed. Also remember Adrian McPhearson and a few other guys that were drafted out of the AFL. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I don't think he'd be a free agent.

vikes_28
10-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Will any of the games be put on the internet?

YAYareaRB
10-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Sounds like all the games will either be on Versus or HDnet which I have both so I'm good.:)

Good Deal?.. Good Deal!

P-L
10-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm kind of interested to see Odell Thurman play.

Hurricanes25
10-01-2009, 09:32 PM
New York dropped Brian Johnson. I was hoping to see him play.

locseti
10-02-2009, 12:29 AM
the ufl best be watching out for the dynamic duo of dede dorsey and marcel shipp. i always thought shipp was gonna do big thangs and dede could be on an nfl roster.

Bengalsrocket
10-02-2009, 01:08 AM
I want Dede back on the bengals :(

I don't want to give anyone up for him, I just want 54 roster spots for now :P

NIN1984
10-02-2009, 01:29 AM
i'm gonna roll with the Florida Tuskers, I have always been a big Jim Haslett fan, not sure why but I just like him.

niel89
10-02-2009, 01:46 AM
Damn California has the least recognizable nfl as far as i can tell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_UFL_team_rosters

nepg
10-02-2009, 08:35 AM

As far as star power goes, maybe not, but that's a good team.

P-L
10-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I didn't realize Simeon Rice was in this league. Is he that desperate to play football?

YAYareaRB
10-02-2009, 09:30 AM

Bobby Sippio intrigues me. He was ballin in Arena and tried out for the Chiefs. Never quite caught on.

YAYareaRB
10-02-2009, 09:31 AM
The thing that really interests me in this league is how much guys on here never made it to the NFL, couldn't cut it in the NFL, or were pushed away from the NFL. The common outcome of emotion from these three things is HUNGER. That should make for some great football.

Splat
10-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Bobby Sippio intrigues me. He was ballin in Arena and tried out for the Chiefs. Never quite caught on.

His lack of speed killed him with the Chiefs the guy has great hands and moves he just had trouble with the speed of NFL CB's.

senormysterioso
10-02-2009, 10:04 AM
The California team has Mike McMahon?!?!?

YAYareaRB
10-02-2009, 10:16 AM
His lack of speed killed him with the Chiefs the guy has great hands and moves he just had trouble with the speed of NFL CB's.

Awwww didn't know that. I always thought he could have tried out on defense as well.

YAYareaRB
10-02-2009, 10:16 AM
The California team has Mike McMahon?!?!?

The only thing I know him for was him being spatted in Madden 04-06.

Splat
10-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Ex Chiefs I have found in the UFL.

That I know of.

Bobby Sippio

BJ Sams

Michael Allan

Todd Sauerbrun

Quinn Gray

Craphonso Thorpe

Sammy Parker

Gary Stills

I was surprised by how many players I knew and not just Chiefs there is some talent.

YAYareaRB
10-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Samie Parker is out there.. W00t W00t!

awfullyquiet
10-02-2009, 11:40 AM
i'm really just amazed that it's going to happen.

i'm watching.

Splat
10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
i'm really just amazed that it's going to happen.

i'm watching.

I really don't think it will last but I'm going to give it a chance.

the_legend_killer
10-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Florida has Brooks Bollinger, they are automatically my favorite team.

awfullyquiet
10-02-2009, 01:37 PM
I really don't think it will last but I'm going to give it a chance.

who knows. the fact that it's actually happening is a feat unto itself.

edit: and getting rid of the tuck rule infavor of ridding intentional grounding.

Brent
10-02-2009, 01:59 PM
who knows. the fact that it's actually happening is a feat unto itself.
Well, they said from the start the idea is not to compete with the NFL but showcase guys that want to be in the NFL. If they approach it like a developmental/minor league, it could last.

Raiderz4Life
10-02-2009, 02:16 PM
No lie but the Calirofnia Redwoods have the fruitiest colors....they're not even Red

Edit: I could have sworn I saw lil Fitz on a roster....

OneToughGame
10-02-2009, 02:53 PM
No lie but the Calirofnia Redwoods have the fruitiest colors....they're not even Red

He was, I don't see him on one now. He might have been cut.

SuperKevin
10-02-2009, 06:35 PM

You realize Redwoods are trees right?

Raiderz4Life
10-02-2009, 06:49 PM
You realize Redwoods are trees right?

I know that...the Sequoia is a redwood and the bark is actually a reddish color...the only green are the leaves...

SuperKevin
10-02-2009, 06:54 PM
I know that...the Sequoia is a redwood and the bark is actually a reddish color...the only green are the leaves...

Which is why they went with green. Also all the teams have the league colors as their base colors in case you didn't notice so red wouldn't have been a choice

Raiderz4Life
10-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Which is why they went with green. Also all the teams have the league colors as their base colors in case you didn't notice so red wouldn't have been a choice

Well thats dumb...hmph

Splat
10-02-2009, 07:27 PM
United Football League Unveils the Helmets & Logos.

LV

http://www.ufl-football.com/press/2009/10/02/united_football_league_unveils_the_las_vegas_locos _helmets_logos

NY

http://www.ufl-football.com/press/2009/10/02/united_football_league_unveils_the_new_york_sentin els_helmets_logos

Cal

http://www.ufl-football.com/press/2009/10/02/united_football_league_unveils_the_california_redw oods_helmets_logos

Flo

http://www.ufl-football.com/press/2009/10/02/united_football_league_unveils_the_florida_tuskers _helmet_logos

YAYareaRB
10-02-2009, 08:12 PM
I've declared allegiance to California.

YAYareaRB
10-02-2009, 09:02 PM
As my amigo CJ said.. Cali's gonna be layin that WOOD!

P-L
10-02-2009, 09:07 PM
That tree on California's helmet is so stupid.

Caddy
10-02-2009, 09:11 PM

I agree. They should have picked something more aggressive like the Bulls or Knights or something else commonly used in sports.

Hurricanes25
10-02-2009, 09:12 PM
I still cant get over these team names. They are absolutely horrible.

Caddy
10-02-2009, 09:14 PM
I still cant get over these team names. They are absolutely horrible.

I don't mind the Sentinels, but the rest are just lame.

Brothgar
10-02-2009, 09:36 PM
How did no one pick the Bulldogs I mean its everywhere else.

Bengalsrocket
10-02-2009, 10:01 PM
How did no one pick the Bulldogs I mean its everywhere else.

That's why they didn't haha.

I like the team names. You guys seem to like the Sentinels, and I get that, but what about the Tuskers? It's no different from your average animal team name.

I specifically like the redwoods. I know it's a tree, and haha tree's aren't that impressive. But a redwood is a massive tree, it's like a creative way of naming your team the Giants :P

Locos is the only bad one, and honestly I'd like it fine if they went by the locomotives. After all, locomotives are a sign of power (sometimes pulling or pushing 70+ train cars). but loco is slang for someone who is insane and that makes me thing they didn't think that one through.

bored of education
10-02-2009, 10:44 PM
I am suck ******* pumped for this league because that wya the Chiefs season is going after this UFL season is over half the team will be made up of some of these guys!

Raiderz4Life
10-02-2009, 11:58 PM
I was gonna be the first to post bout their helmets and stuff but....i was so pissed at how stupid the whole California team is going to look I went away. If they HAVE to have some of the League's color in their uniform...why not go with a Redwood reddish tone with a green stripe...everyone else uniform is bearable and borderline cool...like the sentinels....

YAYareaRB
10-03-2009, 01:37 AM
haha uniforms. lets play some football already!

Splat
10-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Its game day lets see what its all about.

On Versus

SuperKevin
10-08-2009, 04:18 PM
I cant wait to see my first UFL jersey in public

Splat
10-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Its coming on.

brat316
10-08-2009, 10:38 PM
I think if anyone is going to be picked up from these leagues it might be the kickers. Like Gano just kicked a 53 yard field goal.

yourfavestoner
10-08-2009, 10:48 PM
I remember Dontarrius Thomas.

redbills
10-08-2009, 10:58 PM
JP has played well and Doesey looks very good

Finz99
10-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Brian Toal. And Louis Holmes.

Oh Louis Holmes...you were supposed to be so good for Arizona.

niel89
10-09-2009, 02:37 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hZw0zvMdfuZic2vUMs-qBlZTUvzAD9B7CLP80

Damn you LOCOS!

nepg
10-09-2009, 08:49 AM
I think if anyone is going to be picked up from these leagues it might be the kickers. Like Gano just kicked a 53 yard field goal.
It's ridiculous that Graham Gano didn't get drafted. He was clearly the best kicker in 2009 and one that you'd want to draft. I was shocked when the Chiefs went with Succop over Gano.

Splat
10-09-2009, 10:52 AM
I didn't think it was all that bad last night its no NFL but its better then the AFL.

LizardState
10-09-2009, 10:59 AM
I watched some of it to see if maybe Denny Green would have antoher Crown their ass! rant, didn't happen.

I guess Locos is a better team nickname than Choo-Choo trains (for Locomotives). JMO, of the 4 team unis & logos I like the Florida Tuskers best.

Absolutely nobody in the stands. Vegas should have bussed in the Air Force guys from Nellis AFB or issued free passes as casino door prizes.

Vegas won't support the Locos just b/c they can't bet on them, Nevada has a law that you can't legally bet on any team based in the state..... legally anyway.

Splat
10-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Yes, The lack of fans being there is not a good sign its a long shot the league stays but I'm willing to give it a chance.

I don't think its fair to compare it to the XFL like alot of people have I think most of those people will never watch and just assume the worst.

SuperMcGee
10-09-2009, 11:11 AM
The fans were my favorite part, I hope they get more of them.

"Kick his ass, Fassel!"

brat316
10-09-2009, 11:24 AM
I watched some of it to see if maybe Denny Green would have antoher Crown their ass! rant, didn't happen.

I guess Locos is a better team nickname than Choo-Choo trains (for Locomotives). JMO, of the 4 team unis & logos I like the Florida Tuskers best.

Absolutely nobody in the stands. Vegas should have bussed in the Air Force guys from Nellis AFB or issued free passes as casino door prizes.

Vegas won't support the Locos just b/c they can't bet on them, Nevada has a law that you can't legally bet on any team based in the state..... legally anyway.

they must hate UNLV

Splat
10-09-2009, 01:22 PM
New York Sentinels (http://draftcountdown.com/teams/new_york_sentinels) vs. Florida Tuskers (http://draftcountdown.com/teams/florida_tuskers)

October 10, 2009 7:00PM EST

TV: HDNet

Citrus Bowl - Orlando, FL (http://draftcountdown.com/venues/citrus_bowl_orlando_fl)

nepg
10-09-2009, 01:31 PM
The uniforms, colors, and team names remind me of the Orlando Breakers in the latter years of Coach.

Shahin
10-09-2009, 01:52 PM

we got pretty good trees over here in Cali.

LizardState
10-09-2009, 04:13 PM
The uniforms, colors, and team names remind me of the Orlando Breakers in the latter years of Coach.

Or the San Antonio Gunslingers, green & metallic silver, with Rick Heuheisel at QB. Good times.

Wasn't Coach imaginary Minnesota St.?

Splat
10-10-2009, 10:25 AM
New York Sentinels (http://draftcountdown.com/teams/new_york_sentinels) vs. Florida Tuskers (http://draftcountdown.com/teams/florida_tuskers)

October 10, 2009 7:00PM EST

TV: HDNet

Citrus Bowl - Orlando, FL (http://draftcountdown.com/venues/citrus_bowl_orlando_fl)

So if you don't have HDnet they say you can watch it here will see how that works...

http://www.ufl-football.com/hdnet.html

Splat
10-10-2009, 05:51 PM
So if you don't have HDnet they say you can watch it here will see how that works...

http://www.ufl-football.com/hdnet.html

Going to start soon if any one cares.

P-L
10-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Cro Thorpe looked really good on that drive.

Splat
10-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Cro Thorpe looked really good on that drive.

He never did any thing like that with the Chiefs.:(

Splat
10-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Simeon Rice with the sack.

Hawk
10-10-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm not able to watch it online live, does it work for all of you?

P-L
10-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I was watching it online.

TitanHope
10-10-2009, 06:53 PM
So that's where Todd Sauerbrun went...

M.O.T.H.
10-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Quinn Gray to Labrandon Toefield, that's pretty rich. Poor Jags.

But really, Gray should be in the NFL. He's not that bad.

TitanHope
10-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Quinn Gray to Labrandon Toefield, that's pretty rich. Poor Jags.

But really, Gray should be in the NFL. He's not that bad.

I was about to make a game attendance joke, but...that's just too easy. Gotta stay above it, TH. Gotta stay above it.

Splat
There are more then a few players that I feel could still be in the NFL Gray and Losman being two of them.

M.O.T.H.
These things seem like a good idea until the games are played.

M.O.T.H.
10-10-2009, 07:04 PM
In game interviews? Odd.

Splat
10-10-2009, 07:10 PM
The refs raided Tiger Wood's wardrobe.

TitanHope
10-10-2009, 07:11 PM
The refs raided Tiger Wood's wardrobe.

Lol! :D

The camera work in this broadcast is...different.

John McCargo sighting!

Hurricanes25
10-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Brooks Bollinger is a beast and the Sentinels suck.

BamaFalcon59
10-11-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm semi impressed. It actually resembles football and has some talent playing.

vikes_28
10-11-2009, 12:37 AM
damn, I missed it cause I was watching Texas :(