PDA

View Full Version : Prospects That You Loved That Sucked

The Legend
06-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Aaron Gibson was 6'6 almost 400 pounds and ran a pretty fast forty time. He was a 1st round pick by the Lions back in 1999. Just never did anything.

Greg Jones out of Florida State never did anything special, but maybe now that Taylor is gone he might do more.

Rashard Anderson 1st round pick by the panthers. 6'3 and was amazingly talented.

Stanford Routt who has done nothing yet is 6'2 and still have one of the fastest 40 times 4.27

The 2005 Speed Linebackers

Adam Seward - 4.59
Matt McCoy - 4.58
Kevin Burnett - 4.58
Darryl Blackstock - 4.56
Robert McCune - 4.49
Jordan Beck - 4.46

General Zod
06-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Troy Williamson.

I win.

Lock the topic.

Burger
06-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Charles Rogers

Hines
06-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Tee Martin. I thought he was the next Kordell.(the slash type and the almost MVP player)

niel89
06-10-2009, 01:56 AM
Clarence Moore.

Never Forget.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/niel89/15438621.jpg

The Legend
06-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Clarence Moore.

Never Forget.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/niel89/15438621.jpg

The memories of him in madden....

Just an end zone monster!!

88 - SPD
64 - STR
69 - AWR
86 - AGI
85 - ACC
78 - CTH
98 - JMP
69 - BTK

diesel
06-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Reggie Bush

Just kidding I didn't love him at all.

Anyway, one that comes to me is Pat Watkins out of Florida State

Height: 6046. Weight: 211 40 Yrd Dash: 4.42

AntoinCD
06-10-2009, 04:40 AM
He hasn't failed but I expected him to be so much better- D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Also kinda the same deal with Sidney Rice only his problem has been injuries

MetSox17
06-10-2009, 05:28 AM
Vernon Davis.

OzTitan
06-10-2009, 06:41 AM
Cedric Benson.

killxswitch
06-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Vernon Gholston, though he still has time, and now has Rex Ryan.

Sniper
06-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Stanford Routt who has done nothing yet is 6'2 and still have one of the fastest 40 times 4.27

IIRC, Routt played really well last year. Or at least played really well statistically.

Some of mine...

Dwayne Jarrett
Mike Williams
Matt Leinart
Reggie Bush
Winston Justice (seeing a theme here?)
Chris Perry
Vernon Davis

wogitalia
06-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Mike Williams(USC)
Mike Huff
D'Brickashaw Ferguson(probably not sucked but has been far from the beast I expected)
Leinart
Dwayne Jarrett
Lawrence Maroney
Chad Jackson
Kamerion Wimbley

Those are the ones on the top of my mind right now, plenty of others though.

BufFan71
06-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Chris Brown HB CU
- he did have a 1,000yd season... but could never stay healthy

Tyrone Calico
-need i say more..... i always picked him up in madden

Rob S
06-10-2009, 09:36 AM
I liked Michael Huff a lot.

therock6000
06-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Robert Gallery...I believe my exact words were, "Draft him and watch him rack up frequent flyer miles to Hawaii for the next 10 years..."

Oops...

therock6000
06-10-2009, 11:06 AM
And my Brandon Browner/Ernest Shazor misread...

I was thinking both would be 1st day picks...

Addict
06-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Robert Gallery...I believe my exact words were, "Draft him and watch him rack up frequent flyer miles to Hawaii for the next 10 years..."

Oops...

well don't feel too bad, everyone thought Gallery was gonna be the next big thing.

wonderbredd24
06-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Robert Gallery - I'm still not convinced going to Oakland didn't ultimately doom him, but that's up for debate. I was hoping the Browns would trade up for him and everything... he was almost Pacelike in college... had the size, strength, mean streak, and was coached by Ferentz at Iowa. He was supposed to be a can't miss prospect.

Kwame Harris - I thought he was going to develop into a great left tackle. He seemed to have the feet and the intelligence... just needed to get a little stronger, but now he's a journeyman right tackle.

Michael Huff - Loved watching the kid in college... thought he was going to be a great safety in Oakland bringing back memories of Eric Turner.

Derrick Johnson - He's not bad, but he's not what I thought he would be... in college, he was an absolute freak both athletically and in terms of production and he brought that patented uppercut move to force fumbles. He looked like he had it all.

Alan Branch - I suppose he can still become something, but between injuries and everything else, he has been an absolute non factor. Yes, he was a little lazy at Michigan at times, but had insane athleticism for a man his size.

Addict
06-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Jury's still out on Branch I think, he's only a third-year player... he could work things out.

I was a big believer in Leinart...

benchod
06-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Mike Williams, called a future HOFer by Kiper. I still think that he got screwed the NCAA and that year out of football was one of the reasons why he failed in the NFL, on top of the poor attitude/work ethic that showed while he was in the NFL.

I still think the jury is still out on Leinart, though its looking less and less likely he'll do anything, same with Jarrett.

Sniper
06-10-2009, 12:40 PM

Oops...

He's a pretty good guard.

scottyboy
06-10-2009, 01:04 PM
i dont think I've ever been wrong.

scratch that: I loved(and still do) Joey Harrington and kinda liked Carr.

jsa230
06-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Brandon Jackson - I expected him have a good season (kinda like Forte had this year) when he was the starter at the beggining of 07. He hasn't been a total bust but i thought he was going to be a feature back by now.

Komp
06-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Two come immediately to mind -

Mike Huff - Should have had an Ed Reed type of impact at FS with his athletic ability, but he has been horribly inconsistent.

Peter Warrick - Probably the most dominant college WR in the past 10-12 years outside of Larry Fitzgerald and Megatron, but he never could make the transition to the pro game.

Mr. Hero
06-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Reggie Nelson, Gallery, Charles Rogers, Jamal Anderson, Darryl blackstock, Gholston, Huff, whitner and McCargo, can't really remember many others right now but i'm sure there's a bunch of guys i'm missing. Some of those guys haven't sucked but they haven't been as good as I thought they would be.

CC.SD
06-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Troy Williamson.

I win.

Lock the topic.

You don't know pain. I know pain.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/buzzerbeater/ryan-leaf.jpg

bigbluedefense
06-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Bobby Carpenter - loved him coming out and thought he'd make a great SAM linebacker in either a 4-3 or 3-4.

Alan Branch - thought he'd be a Pat Williams like presence on the inside

Reggie Nelson - thought he'd be Ed Reed, he still has time to prove himself though.

Winston Justice - I remember being livid when we passed on him for Kiwanuka. I guess the Giants knew what they were doing after all.

CC.SD
06-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Bobby Carpenter - loved him coming out and thought he'd make a great SAM linebacker in either a 4-3 or 3-4.

Alan Branch - thought he'd be a Pat Williams like presence on the inside

Reggie Nelson - thought he'd be Ed Reed, he still has time to prove himself though.

Winston Justice - I remember being livid when we passed on him for Kiwanuka. I guess the Giants knew what they were doing after all.

I remember a monstrous debate between Winston and Cromartie on the Charger boards. For all his faults, I think Cro is still easily the better pick.

bigbluedefense
06-10-2009, 01:49 PM
I remember a monstrous debate between Winston and Cromartie on the Charger boards. For all his faults, I think Cro is still easily the better pick.

I think the Chargers did just fine with Marcus McNeil.

I wanted Cromartie bad. He regressed last year, but I think he still has the potential to be a stud.

I liked DRC better than him coming out (and still do), maybe seeing his cousin outperform him so quickly in the league will get him motivated to work on his craft.

DRC is another guy I wanted bad. But hey, you can't have em all.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-10-2009, 02:12 PM
I hyped Wali Lundy as the next Priest Holmes coming into the draft and while that looked promising his rookie season, he was out of the league quick.

Burger
06-10-2009, 02:27 PM
All the prospects I loved except for Charles Rogers and Byron Leftwich are good. I still think Byron can excel.

ShyneQuasiOG22
06-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Ahmad Brooks, the LB from Virginia. I thought he would be a big time player after he was picked in the supplemental draft by the Bengals. Is he even on the team anymore?

Wootylicous
06-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Well injuries caused his downfall but I thought Domanick Davis would be a stud.

Ward
06-10-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm not ashamed to say that most of my crush prospects that busted out big are UT players:

Cedric Benson
Vince Young
Michael Huff

some others:
I initially hated the Ware pick and wanted Merriman instead.
Garrett Mills - Thought he was going to be another Cooley. Same skill set.
Antonio Perkins - thought he was going to be what Devin Hester actually is.
Marcus Spears - Monster in college. Played some tight end in HS iirc.
Robert Gallery - Echo everyone's "can't miss" projection.

Just some off the top of my head.

Hurricanes25
06-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Joey Harrington
Chris Perrry
Brodie Croyle
Charles Rogers
Jamal Anderson

Vox Populi
06-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Peter Warrick - Probably the most dominant college WR in the past 10-12 years outside of Larry Fitzgerald and Megatron, but he never could make the transition to the pro game.

And Crabtree...

I missed HARD on Rashaun Woods, Jimmy Kennedy and David Terrell. Too early for some of my others, I usually have more guys who I hate turn out to be Pro Bowlers than guys who I love turn out to suck. Like I though Phillip Rivers was a noodle arm who would be at best a journeyman starter. I didn't think Dwight Freeney would be able to play more than passing downs in the pros once teams were used to his speed and one dimensional playing style. Then there was Jay Cutler who I thought would bust for sure. I've got quite a few misses :(

Burger
06-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I hated sullivan and Kennedy. I am worried about my precious Tennesse DE Justin Harrell, He'll be great.

tjsunstein
06-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Alan Branch is the only recent one that I can think of and Mike Patterson hasn't exactly lived up to his bill.

America
06-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Michael Huff, Darryl Blackstock, Michael Boulware, Alex Barron, Dwayne Jarrett, Marcus Spears, the Vince-anity

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
06-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Ron Dayne. 5'10, 250# 4.53 forty.

I thought he was gonna rip the league a new a@@hole playing for the Giants.

BlindSite
06-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Wally Lundy
Drew Stanton
Matt Leinart
Evan Mathis

Shahin
06-10-2009, 04:31 PM
I liked Darnell Bing alot.

others would be Winston Justice, Alan Branch.

CashmoneyDrew
06-10-2009, 04:49 PM
I hated sullivan and Kennedy. I am worried about my precious Tennesse DE Justin Harrell, He'll be great.

I'm shocked that Jason Allen and Justin Harrell haven't done anything in the pros. I thought they'd both be great.

CC.SD
06-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Somewhat oldie but a goody. Chris Claiborne.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
06-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Jay Cutler.

TimD
06-10-2009, 05:36 PM
He hasn't failed but I expected him to be so much better- D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Also kinda the same deal with Sidney Rice only his problem has been injuries

D'Brick went to the probowl last year. He had 1 bad year when the Jets had a revolving door at LG, now he's back.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Clarence Moore WR
Trent Smith TE
Dan Cody DE/OLB

phlysac
06-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Ahmad Brooks, the LB from Virginia. I thought he would be a big time player after he was picked in the supplemental draft by the Bengals. Is he even on the team anymore?

He's currently a project of Mike Singletary's in San Francisco. Coach Sing LOVES his talent and thinks he can be a dominant presence as either a rush backer or as an inside backer. He is getting the reps as a 2nd team rush backer this offseason. He seems to be a case of having low work-ethic and motivation. In running drills, the only players that routinely finish after him are the interior linemen. I have hopes that he can contribute, but yes, his wasting of talent thus far has been sad.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
06-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Agreed about Ahmad Brooks. He's one of those dudes who acts like the NFL owes him a pro career.

I get the feeling he's too arrogant and to unmotivated to maximize his talent.

He was released from the UVA program, then couldn't stick with the Bengals.

Imagine if a guy like Ray Lewis had Ahmad Brooks measurables at MIKE?

SICK!!!

lordquas
06-10-2009, 07:54 PM
LOL
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Un4NSTUHJrU/Rj-MI8CnhXI/AAAAAAAABxc/-2-ObcLofzg/s400/jeff-samardzija-pictures%2B(33).jpg

goin way back!
The G himself, Bruce Perry.
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/college/_photos/2001-11-10-maryland.jpg

Can't forget about Solomon Bates either!

America
06-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Tres Moses, UDFA from Rutgers. Didn't really think he'd be good, but he was a badass.

BuddyCHRIST
06-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Greg Jones is the highest paid FB ever and one of the best in the league, hasn't exactly been a bust.

I liked Mike Williams, Reggie Williams, Ben Troupe and they've disappointed.

CC.SD
06-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Lol at the Shark, I'm not so sure he counts. :)

edit: I totally admit I didn't feel like typing out Samardzija. D'oh!

CashmoneyDrew
06-10-2009, 08:39 PM
I wanted Samardzija to choose the NFL too. :(

Malaka
06-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Brian Leonard god damn it why can't we have a white RB in the NFL :(

lordquas
06-10-2009, 08:51 PM

McGuffie!!!!!!

Malaka
06-10-2009, 08:59 PM
McGuffie!!!!!!

If he goes on to be a 1st round pick... He will be my new favorite player.

jkpigskin
06-10-2009, 09:33 PM
joey harrington
http://frankthetank.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/joey-harrington-matt-millen-detroit-lions-nfl-draft.jpg (i wonder why)

Hurricanes25
06-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Tres Moses, UDFA from Rutgers. Didn't really think he'd be good, but he was a badass.

He is was my favorite player at Rutgers a couple of years ago.

FinChase
06-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Bad or not as special as expected:

Michael Huff - I thought he wouldn't miss a beat transitioning to the pros
D'Brick - I would have happily traded the Cowboys entire draft that year for him
Robert Gallery - All the experts swore he couldn't miss
Lendale White - I was praying he would drop a few spots lower in the 2nd so that we could draft him. He hasn't been terrible, but he's not been special.
Bobby Carpenter - I was pleased that the Cowboys drafted him--now, not so much
Mike Williams - I was disappointed when the Lions (thank you) took him one spot ahead of the Cowboys
Marcus Spears - Meh
Rashaun Woods - He was really good in college. I never expected him to bust so completely.

Much better than I expected:
DeMarcus Ware - I really wanted Merriman over him. Merriman's been great, but I'll now take DWare over him.
Joe Flacco - He's only played one year, but I thought the Ravens were fools for taking him in the first round. I was wrong.
Marion Barber - I liked several RBs in the 2nd-4th rounds more than the Barbarian

There are more but that's enough

Xonraider
06-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Michael Huff
Ernest Shazor
Daryl Blackstock

tjsunstein
06-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Mike Sherman told me to post this:
"Ahmad Carroll."

scottyboy
06-11-2009, 03:57 PM

gtfo. he's not a running back. he's a RB/FB hybrid. and he's hardly a bust.

I hate it when people don't know what they're talking about, but continue anyway.

oh, and Sinorice MOss. thought he'd be ******* awesome...

Wootylicous
06-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Ray Rice...oops :D

GhostDeini
06-11-2009, 04:28 PM
I really liked Alex Barron when he was coming out, 6'7 320 with huge wingspan. At the time I said Texans took the wrong Florida St. Seminole in Travis Johnson. Both ended up sucking. Also Derrick Johnson. NCAA record in forced fumbles, Butkis Award winner. He doesnt suck but hasnt made nearly the impact I thought he would've by now. There are few more but they arent coming to me right now.

jayceheathman
06-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Troy Williamson was someone I was hoping would fall to the Texans. One I was right on was Andre Johnson. I was praying that the Lions would take Rogers so Houston could take AJ. One pick I was WAY wrong on was Matt Ryan. I thought he would suck.

DoughBoy
06-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Well my list is short since I am a draft guru but here it is..

Tyrone Calico
Ben Troupe
Vince Young
Aundre Allison
Rashuan Woods
Carlos Rodgers
Mike Williams
Alex Smith
Quentin Moses
Jessie Mahalona
Jimmy Kennedy
Reggie Williams
Ko Simpson
Greg Blue
Jason Allen
Daryll Tapp
Vernon Davis
Robert Meachem
Gerald Riggs Jr
Chad Jackson

To be continued.......

CC.SD
06-11-2009, 06:16 PM
"Ahmad Carroll."

Was he too busy napping to post it himself?

TimD
06-11-2009, 06:23 PM
"Ahmad Carroll."

he's doing quite well for the Jets right now. special teams ace and rex ryan has said they are developing special packages to utilize his speed on defense.

DeathbyStat
06-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Lets see.

Alex Smith

Robert Gallery

Mike Williams WR

Charles Rodgers

Troy Williamson

Matt Jones

Reggie Bush

Curtis Enis

William Green

Cedric Benson

Matt Leinnart

Manny Lawson

Bobby Carpenter

Dwayne Jarrett

Chad Jackson

Jamaal Anderson

Its a little too early but Vernon Gholston

Hines
06-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Manny Lawson for me as well. He has such great workout numbers, but has been less impressive so far.

umphrey
06-11-2009, 07:50 PM
he's [Ahmad Carroll] doing quite well for the Jets right now. special teams ace and rex ryan has said they are developing special packages to utilize his speed on defense.

Hahaha good luck with that

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

TimD
06-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Hahaha good luck with that

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

im not saying he is going to be a great player for us but hes an average NFLer. sucked for the pack. okay for the jets.

tjsunstein
06-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Was he too busy napping to post it himself?

Yes, actually. He was sleep talking.

im not saying he is going to be a great player for us but hes an average NFLer. sucked for the pack. okay for the jets.

But he did bust, and big time. Almost predictably since he was a huge reach but I think that every player should play up to where they were selected and he didn't. Not even for one play.

scottyboy
06-11-2009, 08:51 PM
doughboy, you know like Balmer started last year and plays 3-4 DE. AND was a rookie? How is he even CLOSE to being on that list?

he's also afraid of flying. Aunt travel agent ftw!

DT35
06-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Dennis Dixon and Josh Johnson, they have some promise though technically.

DeepThreat
06-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Either suck or aren't as good as I thought they'd be:

Robert Gallery
Matt Leinert
D'Brickishaw Ferguson
Adam Carricker (Probably too early to say this, but I thought he was gonna be a straight up stud. Too bad he didn't go to a 3-4 team.)
Derrick Johnson

DoughBoy
06-11-2009, 09:54 PM
doughboy, you know like Balmer started last year and plays 3-4 DE. AND was a rookie? How is he even CLOSE to being on that list?

he's also afraid of flying. Aunt travel agent ftw!

* EDIT im talking about Jimmy Kennedy sorry..I dont know what I was thinking. Im actually a big balmer fan (I wanted the Titans to take him) I dont know why I included him in there.

TimD
06-11-2009, 09:55 PM

Robert Gallery
Matt Leinert
D'Brickishaw Ferguson
Adam Carricker (Probably too early to say this, but I thought he was gonna be a straight up stud. Too bad he didn't go to a 3-4 team.)
Derrick Johnson

expect big things from him this year.

lordquas
06-11-2009, 10:46 PM
anyone remember Anthony Davis????
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/04/21/top20.rbs/gallery16.jpg

lordquas
06-11-2009, 10:49 PM

Robert Gallery
Matt Leinert
D'Brickishaw Ferguson
Derrick Johnson

theres no way derrick johnson is a bust
just because hes on a crappy team doesn't mean hes a bust
hes as versatile as they come, any top notch defense would love him
u crazy

Hines
06-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Dennis Dixon and Josh Johnson, they have some promise though technically.

Dixon will probably be the Steelers back up quarterback and could make an impact this year. Probably would've won the Heisman and been a high draft pick if he didn't hurt his knee.

CashmoneyDrew
06-11-2009, 11:24 PM
* EDIT im talking about Jimmy Kennedy sorry..I dont know what I was thinking. Im actually a big balmer fan (I wanted the Titans to take him) I dont know why I included him in there.

What's crazy is that I gave Kentwan Balmer to the Titans early last year in one of my mocks because I liked that pick as well and next thing I knew it seemed like everyone was giving him to the Titans in their mocks.

Ward
06-12-2009, 12:53 AM
http://www.bqb-site.com/ojacobs.jpg

703SKINS202
06-12-2009, 01:31 AM
My all time favorite...

http://www.nd.edu/~clarinet/pictures/Newspagepics/Nets_NDvsMSU.jpg

OzTitan
06-12-2009, 03:48 AM
http://www.bqb-site.com/ojacobs.jpg

Omar Jacobs! Major example for me too.

Brothgar
06-12-2009, 04:52 AM
Well most of the guys I loved generally end up good but these were guys I really really liked.

QB Brodie Croyal - Best QB in that draft!
QB Jarad Zabransky - Teh next Michael Vick!
QB Drew Stanton
QB Matt Leinart - Best of the three first rounderzz!
RB Kenny Irons - He can do it all he will be awesome.
OT Winston Justice
OG Max Jean Gillis

Addict
06-12-2009, 05:49 AM
I'm ashamed to say I thought that giant kid who could do cartwheels was going to be at least decent.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
06-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Why didn't Omar Jacobs stick??

He's the biggest, most mysterious QB flop of the last 5 years.

I mean, didn't he throw for like 40 TDs and 4 picks his junior year??

Just tragic how he didn't blow up in the league.

lordquas
06-12-2009, 09:24 AM
BRAD BANKS!
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/banks_brad040330.jpg
TOMMY BLAKE!!!
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/10-07/1004tcu.jpg
STANLEY MCCLOVER!!
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/tim_layden/06/01/five.and.out/t1_auburn_si.jpg
T.A MCLENDON!!
http://www.nationalchamps.net/2004/sub/pics/ncstate_ta_mclendon_trans.gif
QUINCY WILSON!
https://www.bestsportsphotos.com/image.php?productid=27392
CLARENCE FARMER!!!
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ariz/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/a-farmer2.jpg
FRED RUSSELL!
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/iowa/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/a-russellmiami03.jpg
COURTNEY WATSON!!
http://www.nationalchamps.net/2003/sub/pics/courtney_watson2_sm.jpg

E-Man
06-12-2009, 09:38 AM
I thought that David Carr would end up doing well for himself. I also was very high on Charles Rogers' production and skill set.

DeepThreat
06-12-2009, 11:00 AM
expect big things from him this year.

I hope you're right. As I said, I loved him coming out. Him and Chris Long are two of my biggest man crushes ever. That's why the Rams are my second favorite team.

And Derrick Johnson is a good player, but he isn't the stud I thought he'd be.

Addict
06-12-2009, 12:23 PM
I thought that David Carr would end up doing well for himself. I also was very high on Charles Rogers' production and skill set.

I feel your pain, I felt Carr was salvagable for years as well... if only we knew.

superman8456
06-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Well most of the guys I loved generally end up good but these were guys I really really liked.

QB Brodie Croyal - Best QB in that draft!
QB Jarad Zabransky - Teh next Michael Vick!
QB Drew Stanton
QB Matt Leinart - Best of the three first rounderzz!
RB Kenny Irons - He can do it all he will be awesome.
OT Winston Justice
OG Max Jean Gillis

You're way wrong with him. He is an absolute stud in the run game and is pretty good in the pass game, but cant break the starting rotation because of the people in front of him. He had Shawn Andrews in front of him and now Stacy. He is probably going to see a lot of time next year with Stacy's major injury last season.

CroomDawgs
06-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Charles Rogers is still to date my favorite prospect ever. Fail.

mdmgrand
06-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Koren Robinson... has been my favorite player ever since getting drafted.... showed promise right away with strength, speed, and great run after catch ability..... got suspended multiple times and now he is out of the league due to zero cartilage left in his knee

Courtney Brown... A guy who had everything you want in an end, but injuries demolished his career and he underachieved

Brian Calhoun... back at wisconsin he had great vision, speed, and catching ability

David Carr and Alex Smith... both are athletic, Carr has a great arm, but the constant system changes and shuffling of their teams lines ruined the promise

CC.SD
06-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Josh Johnson isn't a total fail yet, I am convinced he will latch on somewhere eventually.

Addict
06-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Josh Johnson isn't a total fail yet, I am convinced he will latch on somewhere eventually.

Yeah I really liked him too.

In a few years, when Brady hangs up his cleats, look out for that other kid from SDS

lordquas
06-12-2009, 02:31 PM
finally some more Josh Johnson appreciation on this site!!!

Brothgar
06-12-2009, 02:42 PM
You're way wrong with him. He is an absolute stud in the run game and is pretty good in the pass game, but cant break the starting rotation because of the people in front of him. He had Shawn Andrews in front of him and now Stacy. He is probably going to see a lot of time next year with Stacy's major injury last season.

I hope you're right I was a huge MJG fan. I also forget he was a fifth rounder. I was always saying "The Lions HAVE to take him in the third."

Brent
06-12-2009, 04:03 PM
http://www.michigandaily.com/files/leg/3cb2fd182ab4b-59-1.jpg

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/04-05/0410frye.jpg

EricCartmann
06-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Easily Mike Williams (USC). On draft day I though he should have been #1 overall. He was unbelievable in college and there was no reason to think his pro career would not be the same. Though he only played 1 year of college he made the most of that year. Showed he had velcro for hands, ran excellent routes, and always created separation and ended up with the ball. I thought his body would fill in and he would be another TO only more dominating.

Calvin & Kevin
06-12-2009, 10:23 PM
It's easy to just start listing off Lions draft picks from the last decade but one of my biggest disappointments was Teddy Lehman, I liked him a lot coming into that draft even before the Lions took him, and you can't just say injuries were his downfall either, he had times on the field when he was healthy and just never showed a lot.

Kellen Winslow just seemed like the ultimate weapon and again, you can blame injuries but at the same time he's had times when he's been healthy and shown great flashes of brilliance but has never been what he seemed like he would be.

I loved Cadillac Williams and Laurence Maroney too. I hope both of them could still have a chance to break out but it seems unlikely.

SenorGato
06-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I hated Mike Williams as a prospect, and I really tended to look at the offensive players during the Leinart/Bush era as overrated.

That said, I loved Winston Justice. Back in '06 I hoped the Jets would take Cutler at 4, and draft Justice with our 29. I'm happy we have D'Brick, one of the most underrated OL-men in the league right now.

Others:

Alan Branch

Michael Huff

Brian Leonard - He was obviously overrated, but I didn't think he'd be outright meh.

Kamerion Wimbley - Hopefully he can find himself under The Tyrant in Cleveland. I doubt it, as The Tyrant tends to drag his players down with processes.

Laurence Maroney

Brodie Croyle - The injuries and his size/build were an issue, but still I like him alot.

Barry Cofield - Not a bust really, as he's been pretty solid. Big, athletic DT that I thought could/should have been drafted as a 3-4 DE. If the Giants let him go, I hope the Jets jump on him. I'm not sure that they will, but it's possible.

Antrel Rolle - I thought he'd be an awesome corner. He's still a very useful player, but yea...

Dan Cody

Kelley Washington

William Joseph

the decider13
06-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Definately Michael Huff...I thought he would be awesome.

bearfan
06-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Since I started paying attention to prospects:
Matt Leinart
Reggie Bush
Sinorce Moss
Chad Jackson
Brian Calhoun
Brodie Croyle

D-Rod
06-12-2009, 10:47 PM
I hated Mike Williams as a prospect, and I really tended to look at the offensive players during the Leinart/Bush era as overrated.

That said, I loved Winston Justice. Back in '06 I hoped the Jets would take Cutler at 4, and draft Justice with our 29. I'm happy we have D'Brick, one of the most underrated OL-men in the league right now.

Others:

Alan Branch

Michael Huff

Brian Leonard - He was obviously overrated, but I didn't think he'd be outright meh.

Kamerion Wimbley - Hopefully he can find himself under The Tyrant in Cleveland. I doubt it, as The Tyrant tends to drag his players down with processes.

Laurence Maroney

Brodie Croyle - The injuries and his size/build were an issue, but still I like him alot.

Barry Cofield - Not a bust really, as he's been pretty solid. Big, athletic DT that I thought could/should have been drafted as a 3-4 DE. If the Giants let him go, I hope the Jets jump on him. I'm not sure that they will, but it's possible.

Antrel Rolle - I thought he'd be an awesome corner. He's still a very useful player, but yea...

Dan Cody

Kelley Washington

William Joseph

Wow, that's a whole load of terrible players. Kudos for spotting that nonsense.

If I had a top10 pick, I'd be a little upset to end up with Rolle.

lordquas
06-13-2009, 12:05 AM
laurence maroney is good
when healthy

awfullyquiet
06-13-2009, 12:08 AM
TOMMY BLAKE!!!
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/10-07/1004tcu.jpg

aw, c'mon, why hate tommy blake... he never played a down in the nfl to suck.

lordquas
06-13-2009, 08:58 AM
i loved tommy blake.

before he went crazy and gained 300 pounds

aNYtitan
06-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Right now, has to be Vince Young. I just don't see his career over yet though

Nalej
06-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Mike Huff
Derrick Johnson
Peter Warrick

and

Akili Smith :(

the decider13
06-13-2009, 02:31 PM
I forgot about Peter Warrick...he was awesome.

Dam8610
06-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Derrick Johnson

The KC LB? What's wrong with him?

lordquas
06-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Derrick Johnson's dirty.
if you don't think so, you suck

Ward
06-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Derrick Johnson's dirty.
if you don't think so, you suck

I continued the Derrick Johnson conversation in another thread, so check it out and vote.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34188

Nalej
06-13-2009, 04:20 PM
The KC LB? What's wrong with him?

Nothings "wrong".
Coming out of college I thought he was to going to be the next great thing.
He's turned out to be a solid starter but not much else, IMO of course.
I really thought he was going to be a highlight reel and Pro Bowler for the majority of his career.
He's not bad... but not great.

His name might look odd in my list with all those bust.
I wouldn't call him a bust but I expected a whole lot more from him.

badgerbacker
06-13-2009, 04:52 PM
I thought Omar Jacobs was going to be the cat's meow. Another miss was me thinking Jeremy Bloom would be a decent slot receiver and kick returner. I thought Charles Gordon/Will Blackmon were going to be shut down guys and neither has really gotten past the dime/nickel spot on a depth chart yet.

BlindSite
06-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Jeremy Bloom, I thought he could've been the next great white hope at returner.

Stanley McClover had big time opportunity but never caught on, which is a shame because I loved his speed.

Eric Shelton, big mean SOB who made his highlight tape running through rather than around defenders, came to the NFL and was a lazy slob who couldn't get on the field, then when he did he was slow and out of shape.

Nalej
06-13-2009, 08:54 PM
I thought Omar Jacobs was going to be the cat's meow. Another miss was me thinking Jeremy Bloom would be a decent slot receiver and kick returner. I thought Charles Gordon/Will Blackmon were going to be shut down guys and neither has really gotten past the dime/nickel spot on a depth chart yet.

I forgot about Omar Jacobs. I thought he was the truth!

lordquas
06-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Eric Shelton is only 25
Hoping for the best

Burger
06-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Yeah I really liked him too.

In a few years, when Brady hangs up his cleats, look out for that other kid from SDS

Kevin O'Connell!

aNYtitan
06-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Oh, also thought Tyrone Calico was going to be a burner of a receiver, possible #1 type that failed horribly.

Loved Ben Troupe as well, though he was always injured

SenorGato
06-14-2009, 09:18 AM

Robert Gallery
Matt Leinert
D'Brickishaw Ferguson
Derrick Johnson

Most underrated LT in this league.

It's a complete joke how this guy gets ignored despite starting every game since his rookie year and only gotten bigger and better every year.

senormysterioso
06-14-2009, 09:25 AM
I thought David Carr and Joey Harrington were great in that draft. Also pretty much every Badger running back that ever made the NFL Ron Dayne, Michael Benett, Anthony Davis, Brian Calhoun (John Clay WILL redeem us though!!)

the_legend_killer
06-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Stefan LeFors

dcarey20
06-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Mike Williams WR

CC.SD
06-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Mike Williams WR

Nobody got owned harder by BMW's laziness than Mel Kiper.

Calvin & Kevin
06-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Nobody got owned harder by BMW's laziness than Mel Kiper.

Except for Matt Millen. And Lions fans.

Paul
06-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Derrick Johnson. He doesn't really suck but I thought he was going to be a top tier by now.

Ward
06-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Stefan LeFors

I was really, really rooting for him. He was great at Louisville, had to learn ASL because his family is deaf, and pulled off one of the sickest play action fakes I'd ever seen.

SenorGato
06-14-2009, 06:28 PM
I forgot about David Carr. I thought he was awesome. At least he ended up with a decent organization as a very good, albeit fairly useless, backup.

BlindSite
06-14-2009, 07:42 PM
I was really, really rooting for him. He was great at Louisville, had to learn ASL because his family is deaf, and pulled off one of the sickest play action fakes I'd ever seen.

Yeah, he never seemed to catch on and it wasn't for lack of a chance either. When he came in he was taken fairly early on the second day, was there with some former team mates and only had Chris Weinke ahead of him on the depth chart.

After Weinke proved he was about as effective as a QB as a tube sock is as a condom he still couldn't get above the 3rd QB position and continued to look lost even in preseason.

I was over the moon when we drafted him. Too bad he never managed to be more.

BaLLiN
06-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Bobbie Williams, John Talley

Bobbie was from Bethune Cookman, an amazing safety and basically seemed like the next Nick Collins but all around a little less with potential to be there after a few years. He didnt get drafted to my knowledge and was picked up and waived.

John Talley was a Duke CB that had a ridiculous amount of interceptions for a team with no good players.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070427172238/www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/johntalley.html

Vox Populi
06-14-2009, 09:15 PM
For a non-first rounder, my number one miss was probably Brian Calhoun. I was all about him coming out of Wisconsin. I thought he would at the least be an awesome third down back or something. He was so fast and was awesome in college. Now hes a free agent without a team only 3 years later :(

Brothgar
06-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Isn't it funny how most people's picks in this category are old Lions draft picks? It almost makes you feel pitty for Matt Millen... ALMOST!

Paul
06-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Isn't it funny how most people's picks in this category are old Lions draft picks? It almost makes you feel pitty for Matt Millen... ALMOST!

I forgot about Kevin Jones. I loved him.

aNYtitan
06-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Michael Roos

Though he didn't bust, I fixed it for you

the decider13
06-14-2009, 11:30 PM

Charles Rogers....that was aweful

2k!

49ersfan_87
06-15-2009, 12:58 PM
I was a really big fan of Adam Carriker back in 07, and he was one of my top choices for the 49ers pick. He is being misused though.

bigbluedefense
06-15-2009, 01:08 PM
I forgot about David Carr. I thought he was awesome. At least he ended up with a decent organization as a very good, albeit fairly useless, backup.

we really lucked out getting him as a backup. at first i was furious, because i thought he sucked royally, but his development with the Giants is fairly surprising.

he's not starting caliber yet, but if he just continues to work on his game under us for another 2 years, rebuild that confidence, he might be able to salvage his career.

he's a very good backup for us. that worked out nicely for us.

TimD
06-15-2009, 01:19 PM
what's his contract like? if he becomes a free agent in a year or two i could see a team picking him up to battle a young qb for a starting job.

YAYareaRB
06-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Spencer Havner
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ucla/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/3820.jpeg

umphrey
06-15-2009, 10:24 PM
we really lucked out getting him as a backup. at first i was furious, because i thought he sucked royally, but his development with the Giants is fairly surprising.

he's not starting caliber yet, but if he just continues to work on his game under us for another 2 years, rebuild that confidence, he might be able to salvage his career.

he's a very good backup for us. that worked out nicely for us.

Didn't he spend some time with Carolina? Maybe he's changed since then but I remember watching him as an absolute failure there when Delhomme got hurt. He couldn't even get the ball to Steve Smith. When he dropped back to pass it was a sack, dump off pass to the HB or if he was really lucky he'd get it to the tight end for a 3 yard gain. It was absolutely pathetic and he didn't even look like a quarterback.

yourfavestoner
06-15-2009, 10:46 PM
I thought Rashaun Woods would be really, really good.

vikes_28
06-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Matt Stafford. Oh wait...

CC.SD
06-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Except for Matt Millen. And Lions fans.

Nah I still have to go with Kiper for calling him a lock for Canton and declaring that he should have been the first pick in the draft.

Ward
06-16-2009, 02:39 AM
I thought Rashaun Woods would be really, really good.

Here (http://web.archive.org/web/20050321173054/http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/rashaun_woods)'s the link. Highlights include:

Positives: Has a well-defined body with solid lower body and calf development and room in his upper body to add additional bulk Has good quickness in and out of his breaks, showing sudden movements to get open and gain yardage after the catch Gets off the line of scrimmage and into his routes immediately Runs outstanding pass routes, showing crispness and explosive stop-and-go agility Reads coverages well, making proper adjustments on the run Can turn a short catch into a big play with his speed Has strong hands and the ability to catch away from the body's frame Remains focused and has great toughness catching in a crowd (will take the hit and hold on) His speed and hip swerve allows him to elude defenders after the catch Has excellent leg drive and strength to break arm tackles and drag defenders for extra yardage Willing blocker who will not back down from a fight, getting good position and hand placement on the defender Role model-type who can handle pressure Has the separation speed to defeat most defensive backs in the deep zone Relishes his role as the go-to receiver and has proven to be the difference-maker with the game on the line. Negatives: Few, if any flaws in his game, but could do a better job of tracking the ball in over his shoulder on deep routes (has misjudged these passes on more than one occasion).

BlindSite
06-16-2009, 02:51 AM
Didn't he spend some time with Carolina? Maybe he's changed since then but I remember watching him as an absolute failure there when Delhomme got hurt. He couldn't even get the ball to Steve Smith. When he dropped back to pass it was a sack, dump off pass to the HB or if he was really lucky he'd get it to the tight end for a 3 yard gain. It was absolutely pathetic and he didn't even look like a quarterback.

Yeah, he was atrocious and I find it pretty funny that Giants fans think he is or will be a decent backup.

I was pretty convinced he'd be ok in our offense, all he'd have to do is hit smith on crossing and short routes and feed Foster and Williams, so I wasn't overly worried when Delhomme went down and he was an embarrassment.

He did nothing right and nothing even resembling a decent job. Matt Moore and Testaverde both out performed him without even doing that amazing of a job themselves.

IndyColtScout
06-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Mike Bennett

he made a pro bowl but I thought he was going to be really good

lordquas
06-16-2009, 10:52 AM
just reminded me. MY BOY, AND ALL TIME GREAT NCAA RUNNINGBACK.....
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/5_18_lg_oregon.jpg

UFL should be calling this guy as we speak.
Great, well rounded skills, but was an idiot druggy

YAYareaRB
06-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Steve Savoy

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/_photos/2004-10-01-inside-utes2.jpg

OneToughGame
06-16-2009, 01:55 PM
just reminded me. MY BOY, AND ALL TIME GREAT NCAA RUNNINGBACK.....
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/5_18_lg_oregon.jpg

UFL should be calling this guy as we speak.
Great, well rounded skills, but was an idiot druggy

Wow...
Onterrio Smith.. I remember him lol. I wish I had a whizzinator when I got hurt at my last job... lol.

BufFan71
06-16-2009, 03:09 PM

It's a complete joke how this guy gets ignored despite starting every game since his rookie year and only gotten bigger and better every year.

well considering how small, and how he started out... he still isnt underrated

people wanna say he played bad early b/c he had to play next to a garbage LG... yaaaa, riiiiiight

Shahin
06-16-2009, 04:07 PM
i really liked Omar Jacobs too now that i think bout it.

lordquas
06-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Rashaun Woods
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/appleseed505/RashaunWoods.jpg

WOW. He hurt his thumb and I think thats why he sucks. Can't catch anything. Now he can't even play in Canada. UFL!UFL!

BlindSite
06-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Sinorice Moss I know he's had some issues, but has he even scored an NFL touchdown yet?

I absolutely loved Leonard Pope coming out of college too, but he hasn't done much of anything in arizona.

CashmoneyDrew
06-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Some of my favorite UT guys that have flopped so far.....
-Robert Meachem
-Jason Allen
-Justin Harrell
-Erik Ainge (I'm the opposite of most UT fans, I actually liked him outside of his sophomore year were he never stood a chance.)
-Cedric Houston
-Kevin Burnett

BaLLiN
06-16-2009, 06:38 PM
1. yes blindsite hes scored 2 or 3 and they were pointless.
2. i agree on meachem, he had an amazing preseason this year or last year, he still has a year to not be a bust

CC.SD
06-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Rashaun Woods
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/appleseed505/RashaunWoods.jpg

WOW. He hurt his thumb and I think thats why he sucks. Can't catch anything. Now he can't even play in Canada. UFL!UFL!

He's probably bass fishing. No joke.

Ward
06-17-2009, 12:41 AM
-Kevin Burnett

I don't know if flopped is fair to Burnett. He was a 2nd rounder, but he was a bad fit from the start for the team as a starter. He only really projected to be a nickel LB or STer. I think he'd be a monster weakside 4-3 LB, and when he's on the field I think he's done a nice job for Dallas. I think he was foolish for going to San Diego for the home town thing, because again it's a team where I don't think he'll shine.

CC.SD
06-17-2009, 02:13 AM
I don't know if flopped is fair to Burnett. He was a 2nd rounder, but he was a bad fit from the start for the team as a starter. He only really projected to be a nickel LB or STer. I think he'd be a monster weakside 4-3 LB, and when he's on the field I think he's done a nice job for Dallas. I think he was foolish for going to San Diego for the home town thing, because again it's a team where I don't think he'll shine.

Burnett is a big ol question mark. I do hope he earns and looks good in the starter spot, but either way we could use a passing situation linebacker pretty badly. Dobbins is one of my favorite players on the team though; quite a predicament.

phlysac
06-17-2009, 09:02 AM
He's probably bass fishing. No joke.

http://espn.go.com/winnercomm/outdoors/general/i/P1v_g_fea_woods.jpg

Rashaun Woods list of Professional Accomplishments

2004 - San Francisco 49ers - 14 Games Played - 7 Receptions
2005 - San Francisco 49ers - 0 Games Played - Injured Reserve
2006 - San Francisco 49ers - 0 Games Played - Traded prior to Training Camp
2006 - San Diego Chargers - 0 Games Played - Cut in Training Camp
2006 - Denver Broncos - 0 Games Played - Failed Physical
2006 - Minnesota Vikings - 0 Games Played - Worked Out, Wasn't Signed
2007 - Hamburg Sea Devils - 1 Game Played - 0 Receptions
2007 - Toronto Argonauts - 2 Games Played - 3 Receptions - Cut
2007 - Hamilton Tiger Cats - 1 Game Played - 0 Receptions
2008 - Hamilton Tiger Cats - 0 Games Played - Cut Before Season

BuckNaked
06-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Andre Woodson...

vikes_28
06-17-2009, 12:13 PM
gddmnt. i loved onterio smith.

senormysterioso
06-17-2009, 12:38 PM
I thought that Tyler Brayton was going to be a stud...perhaps just because his name is somewhat similar to Tyler Durden but I liked him when he was coming out

BlindSite
06-17-2009, 04:19 PM
I thought that Tyler Brayton was going to be a stud...perhaps just because his name is somewhat similar to Tyler Durden but I liked him when he was coming out

Playing DE, DT, OLB and then a bit of MLB on certain downs killed his early career but he's starting to show something. He started opposite peppers last year and got 4.5 sacks which isn't bad since he was subbed on passing downs by Charles Johnson/

fenikz
06-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Andre Woodson...

How is the future of the Giants a failure?

Malaka
06-17-2009, 06:24 PM
How is the future of the Giants a failure?

The fact that he'll probably be beat out by Rhett Bomar.

lordquas
06-17-2009, 09:33 PM
My favorite player of this category hands down

WILLIAM big money GREEN!
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/08/28/gallery.preseasonweek3/Green_07.jpg

Green was a good player but his life was doomed from the get go.
1. Mom + Dad died from heroin
2. Tore up BC (while smoking tons of reefer)
3. Gets suspended a lot
4. Girlfriend shanks him
5. Probably tries to kill himself after running a 4.85 in comeback attempt.
Sucks, he was talented but trouble's always creeping. He's 29 so his NFL career is down the drain.

UFL!UFL!

themaninblack
06-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Peter Warrick though I still contend that the Bengals are what really ruined him(big surprise I know). I think if he'd been healthy in 2004 we might not be speaking of TJ as highly. I will always love him for the what he did to the Chiefs in 2003 though.

Paul
06-18-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm not going to put him in the suck category yet, but Manny Lawson isn't tearing it up like I thought he would.

phlysac
06-18-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm not going to put him in the suck category yet, but Manny Lawson isn't tearing it up like I thought he would.

Good article regarding Manny Lawson's career thus far.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/49ers/ci_12440229

Chief49er
06-18-2009, 09:56 PM

This year will be the tell all of his career.

He is being released to be a pure pass rusher from what the coaching staff is saying.

I have faith in him.

Hawk
06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Snoop.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/.a/6a00d83451c3cb69e201127905a75a28a4-800wi

BufFan71
06-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Jp losman thought he was gonna be a 2nd coming of brett favre... wrong

TimD
06-19-2009, 01:08 AM
He didn't suck but I want to give him a shout out.

Cedric Houston, rb

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02gcaiQgunaEX/610x.jpg

After two seasons with the Jets, Houston left the team to return to school and finish his degree.

good for him.

He was diagnosed with hyper-thyroidism causing fatigue issues which eventually led to his retirement from the game.

we all knew he had this issue but i never saw anything relating his illness to his retirement. this is from wikipedia. he was on medication to help his illness.

aNYtitan
06-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Charles Rogers has to be up there in all time busts. He was the best WR in college football, the CJ before CJ with the combination of speed and agility.

YAYareaRB
06-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Todd Watkins

http://www.azcardinals.com/nm_files/Image/Draft/watkins.jpg

SCSteeler
06-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Courtney Brown, PSU
Lavar Arrington, PSU (had 1 or 2 decent seasons, but he shoulda been awesome!)

diabsoule
06-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Jon Alston. I loved him coming out of Stanford and thought he'd make a great safety. He had excellent triangle numbers and great cover skills. I still think he can make a good safety, he just needs to leave Oakland.

OneToughGame
06-19-2009, 03:23 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02p4cllbIc6GJ/340x.jpg

Michael Boulware.

I really thought he was going to be a great SS... Was decent for a bit and then yeah...

phlysac
06-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Three from last decade...

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3037/quentincoryatt1.jpg http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6028/swilling.jpg http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/972/marvinjones.jpg
***Quentin Coryatt - LB - Texas A&M***Ken Swilling - SS - Georgia Tech***Marvin Jones - LB - Florida State***

Three from this decade...

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4098/derrickhamilton.jpg http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7650/jimmywilliams.jpg http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2095/bowman.jpg
*Derrick Hamilton - WR - Clemson*Jimmy Williams - DB - Virginia Tech*Adarius Bowman - WR - Oklahoma State*

BlindSite
06-19-2009, 03:56 PM
I hated Jimmy Williams as a pro prospect from day dot. I argued for hours with a friend of mine who was a huge falcons homer about him.

keylime_5
06-19-2009, 05:05 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02p4cllbIc6GJ/340x.jpg

Michael Boulware.

I really thought he was going to be a great SS... Was decent for a bit and then yeah...

I'm with you there. I wanted the Browns to draft him badly in 2004, but was happy that we got Sean Jones too. That was back before the in the box hard hitting safety went to the wayside like it seemingly has nowadays. I thought he'd be Roy Williams-esque (and that would've been a good thing back then.)

Chief49er
06-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Butch Hadnot

Just because he went to my school and I was friends with his brother.

Calvin & Kevin
06-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Charles Rogers has to be up there in all time busts. He was the best WR in college football, the CJ before CJ with the combination of speed and agility.

Yeah except he had a couple of red flags that CJ never had which in hindsight should have been paid more attention to.

1. Very slim build - had a hard time staying much over 200 pounds even though he was 6'3".

2. Failed drug tests in school and the water test at the combine, it came out later that many people at Michigan State knew he was a pothead, not tried it a couple times like CJ but smoked it chronically (pun intended).

3. Was (and is) dumb as a stump and talks like he has a mouth full of mush.

Having said that, he was a great prospect and made some terrific plays in college, but you can't compare him to CJ who was maybe the single cleanest and most deficiency-free prospect of the decade at any position.

Brent
06-19-2009, 06:48 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09JEca20x140f/610x.jpg

thought he'd be a nice late round guy who'd be a long time #2

SenorGato
06-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah except he had a couple of red flags that CJ never had which in hindsight should have been paid more attention to.

1. Very slim build - had a hard time staying much over 200 pounds even though he was 6'3".

2. Failed drug tests in school and the water test at the combine, it came out later that many people at Michigan State knew he was a pothead, not tried it a couple times like CJ but smoked it chronically (pun intended).

3. Was (and is) dumb as a stump and talks like he has a mouth full of mush.

Having said that, he was a great prospect and made some terrific plays in college, but you can't compare him to CJ who was maybe the single cleanest and most deficiency-free prospect of the decade at any position.

I'm happy I thought AJ was better.

When arguing about two prospects earlier in the decade...and one went to the U...you just never go against the guy from the U...especially an elite player on that team.

BufFan71
06-19-2009, 07:46 PM

i was playing ball with a guy who goes to UF.... and said Percy Harvin is THE BIGGEST Pothead at UF, and he said.. quite possibly in the universe...
a few weeks later.. he failed the drug test at the combine

yourfavestoner
06-19-2009, 07:57 PM
i was playing ball with a guy who goes to UF.... and said Percy Harvin is THE BIGGEST Pothead at UF, and he said.. quite possibly in the universe...
a few weeks later.. he failed the drug test at the combine

I want to hang out with Percy so bad...

The Unseen
06-19-2009, 08:09 PM

missed him by a year. damn.

Ward
06-19-2009, 09:44 PM

Who's your dream session consist of? For me it's Ricky Williams and Josh Howard.

yourfavestoner
06-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Who's your dream session consist of? For me it's Ricky Williams and Josh Howard.

Ricky Williams, Lamar Odom, and Dave Chappelle.

jsa230
06-19-2009, 10:08 PM
tim tebow . . .

too early?

senormysterioso
06-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Hearing Adam Archuleta's name lately has reminded me how much I liked him that year. He was good, maybe even above average with the Rams but man did he fall apart.

vikes_28
06-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Have I said Matt Stafford yet?

Ward
06-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Ricky Williams, Lamar Odom, and Dave Chappelle.

Yeah I was kinda thinking sports only, of course Chappelle would be on my celebrity or comedian list. I think Bill Walton might be a good sports name to consider.

7-11
06-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah I was kinda thinking sports only, of course Chappelle would be on my celebrity or comedian list. I think Bill Walton might be a good sports name to consider.

Definitely Clinton Portis

bucsfan784
06-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Michael Clayton. Had a great 1st year with the Bucs, but has had injury problems and hasn't produced since his rookie season. Maybe with the #2 recieving role and a new OC, he will get back into his old self.

BlindSite
06-21-2009, 07:06 PM
He's been a pretty solid contributor to the team overall, especially on ST Though.

DraftMichaelHuff
06-22-2009, 09:32 PM
username (10char)

The Legend
06-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Terrence Murphy ... I thought he was going to be one of the best wide receivers in the game ... but injuries man ... never got to play a down ...

http://bop.nppa.org/2006/thumbnails/512/00010835-SAT-FBN-70151.jpg

Craig Davis ..... Andre Davis ..... David Terrell ..... R. Jay Soward

David Boston is the worst for me. I thought he was going to be the greatest receiver of all time. Him vs Woodson was some of the best one on one's i've ever seen

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/jryankee/boston_david10.jpg
http://www.pub.umich.edu/daily/1997/nov/11-24-97/photos/mvmfbcwoodsonboston112297.gif
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/15693/DavidBoston2.jpg
http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/PF/sept05/DavidBoston01.jpg
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2008/04/21/boston-david-getty-060804.jpg
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0116/nfl_a_boston_576.jpg

Malaka
06-24-2009, 02:04 AM
But David Boston was pretty solid for a period of time, no world beater but starting caliber...

BlindSite
06-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Yeah, but that was only really while he was injecting enough horse steroids for him to compete for mr universe.

Ward
06-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Just thought of this one today, Kai Parham. Thought he was going to be a steal as a UDFA ILB for the 3-4. Turns out the dude is just way too slow for the NFL. Beast in college though.

msolimani
06-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Justin Miller

YAYareaRB
06-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Greg Blue
http://www.thedawgpost.com/2004/gsu/0904200431.jpg

Jason Allen
http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2006/players/tennessee_jason_allen.jpg

senormysterioso
06-26-2009, 03:05 PM
I liked Jeremy Bloom a lot, I wasn't surprised that he busted but I liked him.
http://a.espncdn.com/i/media/ncf/2003/0920/photo/a_bloom_il.jpg
I thought Jimmy Kennedy was a can't miss prospect, shows what I know.
http://ghostofhalas.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/kennedy_i.jpg

TimD
06-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Justin Miller

lol battled for a starting job then was cut for ty law. wow just wow

CC.SD
06-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Just thought of this one today, Kai Parham. Thought he was going to be a steal as a UDFA ILB for the 3-4. Turns out the dude is just way too slow for the NFL. Beast in college though.

This is a good pull, I remember loving Kai.

giant73zuma
06-27-2009, 01:40 AM
kai parham was awesome in college i loved him
i loved that whole virginia lb corp parham, brooks, and blackstock were awesome. and all three were total fails