PDA

View Full Version : madden 10 ratings

jbombul
06-11-2009, 06:24 PM
well its been kinda slow around here lately. I came across the link of the entire madden ratings for the Lions, courtesy of Kevin Seifert of the espn blog thing. If anyone is interested, heres the link.

http://espn.go.com/videogames/features/madden/madden10?teamId=19

DoughBoy
06-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Gawd....thats the worst ratings for a team I have ever seen! Some of them are stupid though like Eric King Being a 62. He should at the very least be a 74.

DoughBoy
06-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Avril and Calvin should be higher aswell.

WMD
06-11-2009, 06:51 PM
I think they lowered everybodies ratings for Madden.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
06-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Yes they lowered everyone I think. They wanted more disparity between the elite, and normal players and poor players.

I think Stanton was 47.

Prowler
06-12-2009, 11:42 AM
the 2008 roster should be an unlockable team and that would be the lowest rating ever

Michigan
06-12-2009, 02:43 PM
LOL Stanton is only 3 points faster than Jon Bradley.

Prowler
06-12-2009, 07:09 PM
76 speed for curry really shows how much madden has changed

The Great Jonathan Vilma
06-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Henry at CB with 76 speed could prove to be a liability....

Iamcanadian
06-13-2009, 02:01 AM
Games like Madden are designed to make teams reproduce their seasons all things being equal. To accomplish that they rate teams not individual players and then divide their team rankings among their players so the team will perform close to what they did in real life. If say Pittsburgh got 100 rating points then those points will be divided among their players, there is no commitment to reality in player rankings only in team rankings. If Detroit got 20 points then their individual players points must come from the team's 20 points no matter how good or bad they played.
Anybody who thinks Madden's player ratings mean squat is out of touch with how sport's games are designed.

Saints-Tigers
07-05-2009, 06:31 PM
^Extremely false.

Believe it or not, it is possible to go through and properly rate players, and have things go pretty smoothly, with some shocking teams that play better than they are rated, and some good teams that fall.

Iamcanadian
07-06-2009, 05:59 AM
^Extremely false.

Believe it or not, it is possible to go through and properly rate players, and have things go pretty smoothly, with some shocking teams that play better than they are rated, and some good teams that fall.

It's a game and the players are rated so the teams have the real potential to perform as they did last year. However, like all games, there is a strong human element which can warp the results and it has little to do with player ratings. These types of games have been around for 50 years and they are all based on the same principals. 1) rate the teams first and then make the player ratings fit into the team rating otherwise you would have total chaos in reproducing a close proximity to the real season. 2) Leave it up to the human element to allow the season to be changed from how it originally finished, giving the fans a false sense that they really are talented HC's or GM's. It is just a game and while the very top stars may be rated close to real life, below that level the ratings are extremely flawed to suit the game's needs.