PDA

View Full Version : What annoys you about the fans of other NFL teams

TitleTown088
06-27-2009, 07:24 PM
This is not about the organization itself, but about the fans specifically. Probably try to refrain from personal insults. Obviously its not every fan that fits the specific stereotype.

What annoys you about each NFL team's fans( if anything). It can be from personal experience, in general, or from what you've encountered on SWDC.

* for the record, just because something annoys you dosen't mean the fans are wrong to hold that particular opinion.

Bills- I like the Bills a bit so not too much I can think of.

Dolphins-idk. I get tired about hearing about the wild cat I suppose.

New England-Obviously I get very annoyed with spygate apologists. You cheated and go caught. Get over it.

Jets- Their complaining fans at the draft annoy me.

Ravens- meh, maybe their pride of the defense.

Bengals-When they complain about Palmers ACL incident. **** happens

Browns- Hard to hate on the browns, but i once saw someone say cribbs was better than hester, which is stupid.

Steelers- When they defend Palmers ACL incident. **** happens. Also, when some overrate big ben in general and his hand in their success.

Texans- Hmm... they have fans? jk

Colts- Their love for Manning and his long sleeves. Thinking that losing Dungy and co. will not be important.

Jags- Fans from California who are obsessed w them ;). Hearing about MJD.

Titans- It easily used to be the way some defended Vince Young. Maybe some still do?

Broncos- Used to be their Cutler love. now they're all depressed emos in denial. :)

Cheifs- How some are too proud of how loud arrowhead is? I'm sure many of their fans think dry rub ribs are better, which is false.

Raiders- I feel for most of them. I guess i get annoyed with those who think too much of Jamarcus.

Chargers- Those who defend Merriman and like his stupid dance.

Cowboys- I think it was bazaa who did a good bit on " Americas team". What a load of crap. Some tend to live in the glory years.

Giants- In my opinion some of the worst. Their outward man crush on their Dline and RBs. Their man crush on their downy QB/ Super bowl run.

Eagles- Those who chant E-A-G-L-E-S out loud. Some of their fans can be dickweeds in general.

Redskins-Hmm...idk maybe those who love Dan too much?

Bears- Those who live back in 85. Those who think Cutler is the next
Favre/Montana. Overrated Forte. They say Wisconsin sucks but invade it for vacation.

Lions- Maybe some complain too much about sucking, but can you blame them?

Packers- Mmm.. Those who turned on Favre. It's fine and dandy to not like the guy much anymore, but some of the stuff I hear said about Favre is bs. Those who hate Ted Thompson and know nothing about the NFL/free agency/ drafting.
I sometimes get annoyed with Packer fans who place too much value on what the franchise has done in the past.
Those who were Favre fans, not Packer fans

Vikings- Probably the worst ( outside of this board which actually has good Viking fans). Where to start.... Those who criticized Favre for 15 years and now want him on their side.
Those who think the Packers/Viking rivalry is bigger than Packers/Bears. Those that make the horn call themsleves in the bar after a score or sing the Skoal song.

Falcons- Think Roddy White is better than Greg Jennings ( personal vendetta).The team made the playoffs, not Ryan.

Panthers- The Steve Smith love perhaps, I don't like him.

Saints- Hmm...Probably something to do with Reggie Bush or Colston. Idk.

Bucs- Fans that i have heard blame the shortcoming solely on John Gruden.

Cards- I get tired of hearing about their wide receivers.

Rams- The term " fastest show on turf" being used.

San Francisco- Nothing really. Thanks for Rodgers btw. ;)

Seahawks- nothing terrible annoys me but like the chiefs I don't like hearing about how loud their stadium is all the time.

E-Man
06-27-2009, 07:36 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa102/scooteringissue6/canofworms.jpg

TitleTown088
06-27-2009, 07:40 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa102/scooteringissue6/canofworms.jpg

To say the least. That's what I'm here for.

The_Dude
06-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Funny, because i happen to think that Packers fans are the worst... especially while living in Wisconsin! Don't get me wrong, i find many Vikings fans almost as bad as most Packers fans.

I just hate blind homerism in general. Fans of any team, including the Vikings, that think that their squad can do no wrong and refuse to listen to reason.

Do i live and die with the Vikings? Hell yeah! Do they always do the right thing? Hell no! I still love 'em, though.

Dr. Gonzo
06-27-2009, 08:00 PM
It is true, Packer fans are ******* assholes. So are most fans though. That is my insightful thought for the day.

M.O.T.H.
06-27-2009, 08:18 PM
I'll certainly admit that the majority of Cowboy fans know absolutely nothing about the game and tend to be blind and clueless. We dont quite have fair weather fans exactly, but a slew of idiots who just latched on to them in the early to mid 90's. I cant stand conversing w/ most of them...luckily, luckily, luckily, we have some good ones on here. Most of the time when I come into contact w/ another Cowboys "fan" in the real world. I just keep my mouth shuth (gritting my teeth) and nod politely in agreement because, the words and fallacies coming from their mouths isnt even worth getting all riled up for.

The same can be said in most instances talking to the plethera of Giants and Eagles fans in my area. And dont get me started on draft talk. haha.

TitleTown088
06-27-2009, 08:35 PM
. Most of the time when I come into contact w/ another Cowboys "fan" in the real world. I just keep my mouth shuth (gritting my teeth) and nod politely in agreement because, the words and fallacies coming from their mouths isnt even worth getting all riled up for.

I think that's true of most fan bases. It's hard to talk football with most " fans".

LTgiants
06-27-2009, 08:36 PM
giants fan are some of the worst cause we like our players and had a super bowl run? got it good to know.

Smokey Joe
06-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Packer fans - because their packer fans.

TitleTown088
06-27-2009, 09:01 PM
giants fan are some of the worst cause we like our players and had a super bowl run? got it good to know.

* for the record, just because something annoys you dosen't mean the fans are wrong to hold that particular opinion.

It's not meant to be an insult. Just something that can become annoying. When I see "Justin Tuck, Osi, are the best evaaa!!" on here it gets a bit annoying. Every team has fans that make aspects of their team annoying. It's only an observation.

TitleTown088
06-27-2009, 09:02 PM

This is your time to be specific burly bear. Rip into us.

Smokey Joe
06-27-2009, 09:13 PM
This is your time to be specific burly bear. Rip into us.
Fine, but I'm gonna state everything I hate not only about the fans but the whole organization. You've been warned!

1.) Most of them still think Favre is the greatest player ever.
2.) Favre spelling his name as Favre and not at Farve just pisses the **** out of me.
3.) All of you think Aaron Rodgers is the second coming of Favre
4.) Cheese isn't all that great. Some of it is and who doesn't like Mac and cheese or nachos, etc... but ****, who likes to sit down and eat cheese by itself? And are cheese heads supposed to be cool?
5.) Is a team named the packers suppossed to be scary? Seriously, naming a team after the packing industry? At least brewers do something cool and extremely important.
6.) George Halas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vince Lombardi
7.) They think they're better than the Bears.

Oh man, I love to hate the Packers... funnest two games of the year.

LTgiants
06-27-2009, 09:15 PM
It's not meant to be an insult. Just something that can become annoying. When I see "Justin Tuck, Osi, are the best evaaa!!" on here it gets a bit annoying. Every team has fans that make aspects of their team annoying. It's only an observation.

I am not insulted I just don't get the point in saying giants fans are one of the worst cause they like there players at positions where they have some of the better players or saying we shouldn't like the fact we had a super bowl run. If I was insulted I would have said something about how u called Eli a "downy" I didn't cause mainly idk what "Downy "meant or need to get into another Eli argument on here.

Go_Eagles77
06-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Cowboys fans and their 5 rings. That's their comeback for every single argument. A lot of them are too young to remember them too.

Thumper
06-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Cowboys fans and their 5 rings. That's their comeback for every single argument. A lot of them are too young to remember them too.

Oh my god. SO ANNOYING! If you say anything bad about them the response is always "How many rings do the Eagles have?". 0 the same as you in the past decade. Anyone care to tell me how many times the Cowboys have been in a Suberbowl or NFC Championship in the last 10 years? That is right None. Compared to 5 NFC Championship games and 1 superbowl by the Eagles. GTFO and don't come back until you're relevant again.

God I hate the Cowboys. Week 17 was amazing, 44-6.

TitleTown088
06-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Fine, but I'm gonna state everything I hate not only about the fans but the whole organization. You've been warned!

1.) Most of them still think Favre is the greatest player ever.
2.) Favre spelling his name as Favre and not at Farve just pisses the **** out of me.
3.) All of you think Aaron Rodgers is the second coming of Favre
4.) Cheese isn't all that great. Some of it is and who doesn't like Mac and cheese or nachos, etc... but ****, who likes to sit down and eat cheese by itself? And are cheese heads supposed to be cool?
5.) Is a team named the packers suppossed to be scary? Seriously, naming a team after the packing industry? At least brewers do something cool and extremely important.
6.) George Halas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vince Lombardi
7.) They think they're better than the Bears.

Oh man, I love to hate the Packers... funnest two games of the year.

That's all ya got? I could write a book on why I hate da Bears.

The Dynasty
06-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Seeing how Titletown couldn't come up for one for the Bills I have one. I know a couple of Bills fans around here that they think because Terrell Owens they will automatically get into the playoffs and even some think super bowl.

Packer Fans - I see the packers being the hardest fans to talk to. They will not agree with anything if it comes to the NFC North. The Packers are always the better team and its just not fun. That is the packer fans I have encountered. I don't have a problem with the packer fans on here.

Smokey Joe
06-27-2009, 10:10 PM
That's all ya got? I could write a book on why I hate da Bears.
I just scratched the surface.... I don't feel like staying up all night writing down all the points though.

marshallb
06-27-2009, 10:13 PM
I honestly think Packer fans are the worst, but maybe that's just because I live right next to a bunch of packer homers and several of my friends are ignorant packer fans.

Sniper
06-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Compared to 5 NFC Championship games and 1 superbowl by the Eagles.

Still, they don't give out rings for second place.

marshallb
06-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Seeing how Titletown couldn't come up for one for the Bills I have one. I know a couple of Bills fans around here that they think because Terrell Owens they will automatically get into the playoffs and even some think super bowl.

Packer Fans - I see the packers being the hardest fans to talk to. They will not agree with anything if it comes to the NFC North. The Packers are always the better team and its just not fun. That is the packer fans I have encountered. I don't have a problem with the packer fans on here.

I agree entirely with that. I can't stand talking to packers fans about football particularly the NFC North, as it always comes back to the Packers and how they are somehow better or whatever. I remember last year about this time I had several Packers fans telling me that Ryan Grant was going to be better than AD, and I'd just ignore it, but at the end of the season I made sure to rub that one in a bit. I do agree that the Packers fans on here are fine and I have no problem with them as they are sensical.

TitleTown088
06-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Still, they don't give out rings for second place.

http://www.tjscollectiblesinc.com/i//2003_carolina_panthers_nfc_championship_ring-50.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2919/rlemente2xl.jpg

;)

Go_Eagles77
06-27-2009, 10:19 PM
Oh my god. SO ANNOYING! If you say anything bad about them the response is always "How many rings do the Eagles have?". 0 the same as you in the past decade. Anyone care to tell me how many times the Cowboys have been in a Suberbowl or NFC Championship in the last 10 years? That is right None. Compared to 5 NFC Championship games and 1 superbowl by the Eagles. GTFO and don't come back until you're relevant again.

God I hate the Cowboys. Week 17 was amazing, 44-6.
Yep, I also can't stand the cowboys fans living in Pennsylvania with absolutely no roots in or around Texas who also happen to be Yankee fans. It's obvious they are front-runners but they still deny it. They also often have a ****** holier-than-thou attitude about sports.

Also Giants fans who think Domenik Hixon has more upside than DeSean Jackson.

TitleTown088
06-27-2009, 10:20 PM
That is the packer fans I have encountered. I don't have a problem with the packer fans on here.

I agree entirely with that. I can't stand talking to packers fans about football particularly the NFC North, as it always comes back to the Packers and how they are somehow better or whatever. I remember last year about this time I had several Packers fans telling me that Ryan Grant was going to be better than AD, and I'd just ignore it, but at the end of the season I made sure to rub that one in a bit. I do agree that the Packers fans on here are fine and I have no problem with them as they are sensical.

I think that you guys both probably dislike Packer fans, but I think what you're getting at here is that you dislike ignorant fans, not matter the team they associate with.

I think that would be a consensus among almost everyone on here.

Sniper
06-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Also Giants fans who think Domenik Hixon has more upside than DeSean Jackson.

Haha, that link was GOLD.

E-Man
06-27-2009, 10:25 PM
*throws chair into room*

Thumper
06-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Yep, I also can't stand the cowboys fans living in Pennsylvania with absolutely no roots in or around Texas who also happen to be Yankee fans. It's obvious they are front-runners but they still deny it. They also often have a ****** holier-than-thou attitude about sports.

You know you're a frontrunner when you're a fan of two or more of the following teams:

Cowboys, Lakers, Yankees and Redwings (maybe someone else but from my limited knowledge the Redwings are the juggernaut).

marshallb
06-27-2009, 10:29 PM
I think that you guys both probably dislike Packer fans, but I think what you're getting at here is that you dislike ignorant fans, not matter the team they associate with.

I think that would be a consensus among almost everyone on here.

That's probably true, but from my experiences, Packer fans tend to be more ignorant. It also really pisses me off when they bring up the argument that we've won three superbowls, and the Vikings haven't won any and blah blah blah. I pretty much tune everything else out once I hear that.

TitleTown088
06-27-2009, 10:31 PM
\ I pretty much tune everything else out once I hear that.
Because you have no comeback for it. ;)

marshallb
06-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Because you have no comeback for it. ;)

no, but neither do how many other NFL teams? It has also been used so many times.

TitleTown088
06-27-2009, 10:40 PM
no, but neither do how many other NFL teams? It has also been used so many times.

I think i hit a nerv there... :)

Chargers, Jaguars, Bills, Texans, Titans, Browns, Bengals, Seahawks, Cardinals, Lions, Vikings, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Eagles. haven't won, correct?

marshallb
06-27-2009, 11:11 PM
I think i hit a nerv there... :)

Chargers, Jaguars, Bills, Texans, Titans, Browns, Bengals, Seahawks, Cardinals, Lions, Vikings, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Eagles. haven't won, correct?

No, you didn't, but it just pisses me off when I hear that argument, especially when you're having a good discussion about the teams and then BAM!

That list looks pretty good, I didn't check it over for accuracy, but I don't see any glaring omissions or anything. So that is 15 out of 32 teams that haven't won it.

GB12
06-27-2009, 11:15 PM
I ******* hate Packer fans. If I ever feel like torturing myself I read the blog comments from jsonline. Holy **** what a bunch of ******* morons. I seriously cannot read 5 comments before I want to kill myself.

M.O.T.H.
06-27-2009, 11:19 PM
I think that's true of most fan bases. It's hard to talk football with most " fans".

Yeah but, I think the overall IQ of our fans it's probably lower than most. Just take a gander at some Dallas Cowboy message boards or even worse, the Dallas Morning News Blog, comment section. ugh.

TitleTown088
06-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah but, I think the overall IQ of our fans it's probably lower than most. Just take a gander at some Dallas Cowboy message boards or even worse, the Dallas Morning News Blog, comment section. ugh.

I ******* hate Packer fans. If I ever feel like torturing myself I read the blog comments from jsonline. Holy **** what a bunch of ******* morons. I seriously cannot read 5 comments before I want to kill myself.

Again, I think this is still the product of you guys just not liking stupid fans, and you just notice it because its the fans of your particular team or rivals team. Which you pay more attention to.

Dam8610
06-28-2009, 12:24 AM
I'll give this a try:

49ers - Nothing really, which is commendable because they could live in the past.

Rams - Again, nothing, though I really dislike Marshall Faulk.

Seahawks - Shaun Alexander stole an MVP from Peyton Manning and you know it.

Cardinals - Larry Fitzgerald is not the greatest WR ever.

Eagles - Having a ticket does not give you the right to turn into a belligerent criminal.

Giants - Your backup defense would not be top 10 in the NFL, saying such is almost as ridiculous as...

Cowboys - Every player you have is not a Pro Bowler and/or All-Pro, you do not have the best secondary of all-time, Tony Romo is not the MVP...and this is after a season in which your team missed the playoffs, I wonder what would happen if they were actually good.

Redskins - Used to be Sean Taylor, who I thought was overrated. Now, nothing really.

Vikings - Nothing really.

Packers - Everything Brett Favre.

Bears - I'm a Purdue fan. Kyle Orton is one of my favorite players that I have ever seen play at Purdue. You would not have won the Super Bowl with Kyle Orton as your starting QB. Rex was starting for a reason, and it wasn't because he was the second best QB on your team at the time. After you shattered his confidence, sure, but not at the time.

Lions - I have nothing against the fan base, I actually kind of feel sorry for them and really respect them, but I hate the team for stealing Cliff Avril.

Saints - Nothing really, go Brees.

Bucs - Nothing really, thanks for Dungy.

Falcons - Since they've disowned Vick, nothing.

Panthers - Again nothing.

Chargers - Rivers is an arrogant douchebag, please admit as much.

Broncos - Jay Cutler is a big loss, Kyle Orton is not a great QB, and I'm one of his biggest fans.

Chiefs - Nothing really.

Raiders - See Eagles.

Bills - They overrate Lynch a little.

Dolphins - Used to be really bad, now not so much.

Patriots - Quit defending Spygate, quit living in 2001-2004, and quit thinking your team is the best at everything.

Jets - You're way too excited about a rookie QB and Namath is overrated.

Ravens - The Colts moved before most of the people on this board were born, get over it.

Steelers - The Steelers are not the best at everything. For the most part, you're almost as bad as Cowboys fan.

Browns - Nothing really.

Bengals - Since most hate Chad Johnson, nothing.

Colts - Stop blaming the RBs for the running game fail last year, it was the OL.

Titans - Albert Haynesworth wasn't good until he was playing for a contract, please admit this.

Texans - Some of you got way too excited over the one win you've had against the Colts in your franchise's history.

Jaguars - Sometimes you complain about the refs too much.

M.O.T.H.
06-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Again, I think this is still the product of you guys just not liking stupid fans, and you just notice it because its the fans of your particular team or rivals team. Which you pay more attention to.

Perhaps...I do pan around to other teams message boards, though. There are a lot of dummies or illinformed out there. haha. I still think our guys take the cake. We have so many casual "fans", that know absolutely nothing about the team they root for but, speak like they know everything. Every team has them but, no one has more fans or followers than the Cowboys...and these are the types I see 9 out of 10 times, it would seem. Even if it is just my perception...it's still aggravating.

LTgiants
06-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Giants - Your backup defense would not be top 10 in the NFL, saying such is almost as ridiculous as...

Where have you seen anyone say this? I think we have good depth on D especially of course DL but I doubt anyone really believes that our backups would make a top 10 D. If anything someone said it as a joke.

yo123
06-28-2009, 12:40 AM
Where have you seen anyone say this? I think we have good depth on D especially of course DL but I doubt anyone really believes that our backups would make a top 10 D. If anything someone said it as a joke.

I do vaguely remember someone saying that, it may have been a joke though.

Dam8610
06-28-2009, 12:40 AM

That ludicrous statement was thrown around more than once last season.

superman8456
06-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Bronco fans because they cant admit that right now they're in a rebuilding mode. They lost their franchise QB and their WR wants out. Switching to a 34 would help either.

Patriot fans because they think that just because Brady will be back, everything will go back to being the same and they will be just as dominant. Honestly, I dont think thats whats gonna happen because I've seen it. Donovan McNabb tore his ACL and it took his 2nd year back for him to feel/seem comfortable again.

Atlanta Falcon fans for overrating the **** out of Matt Ryan. Was he a good rookie QB? Yes, but he was nothing without the run game. He lived and died off of it.

LTgiants
06-28-2009, 12:52 AM
That ludicrous statement was thrown around more than once last season.

Pull a quote then cause i have trouble believing its a serious comment at all. especially last season. I can see someone jokingly saying it this yr.

Paul
06-28-2009, 12:59 AM
BBD said it, then retracted it a couple post later. But he was serious about it in his original post. It was quite the famous quote around here for awhile.

LTgiants
06-28-2009, 01:02 AM
BBD said it, then retracted it a couple post later. But he was quite serious about it in his original post. It was quite the famous quote around here for awhile.

I don't always take him serious since he usually flip flops.

TitleTown088
06-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Seahawks - Shaun Alexander stole an MVP from Peyton Manning and you know it.

Thanks for fulfilling my stereotype of Colt fans. ;)

Dam8610
06-28-2009, 02:04 AM
Thanks for fulfilling my stereotype of Colt fans. ;)

I didn't have anything else to hate the Seahawks fan base for, plus I just really disliked Alexander in general. Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson deserved to split that MVP award moreso than Alexander winning it.

themaninblack
06-28-2009, 03:08 AM
I don't think there is a single Bengals fan on this board who still even brings up the Palmer knee shredder at all anymore but I guess if you've got to find something to ***** about, you'll find it.

That said, the only fan base with which I have any real problem whatsoever with is the Cleveland Browns. Why do they act as though they are great for enduring endless(what is it 50 years now) disappointment across all major sports in their city? I mean, I know the Bengals aren't anything to write home about(same with the Reds in the last 20 years) but at least we have had some competitive seasons since the merger. It's very reminiscent of Cubs fans, TBH.

Bengalsrocket
06-28-2009, 03:31 AM
I don't think there is a single Bengals fan on this board who still even brings up the Palmer knee shredder at all anymore but I guess if you've got to find something to ***** about, you'll find it.

That said, the only fan base with which I have any real problem whatsoever with is the Cleveland Browns. Why do they act as though they are great for enduring endless(what is it 50 years now) disappointment across all major sports in their city? I mean, I know the Bengals aren't anything to write home about(same with the Reds in the last 20 years) but at least we have had some competitive seasons since the merger. It's very reminiscent of Cubs fans, TBH.

I agree with most of this, though to be fair, some Bengals ( not on this board, which I know you said "on this board" ) still aren't over the Palmer injury.

Also, Browns fans who thought they were ready to contend for the division title year in and year out, just because they won 10 games last year. Also, I specifically remember them telling us on these forums that they would end with a better record :) (And yes, I'll take our tie against Philly!!!)

Gay Ork Wang
06-28-2009, 06:25 AM
bbd said it. it was quite ridiculous

7-11
06-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Not really an answer to the topic but i generally hate talking to casual football fans, of all teams. Example, there are a bunch of Americans from all over that just finished a semester at my university, i start talking to this one guy (who claims he's a massive Packer fan) about the switch to the 3-4 and i brought up how i think Nick Barnett is going to struggle in the system, instant response is 'what would you know you're not even American'....ok.

Gay Ork Wang
06-28-2009, 07:55 AM
i wish i could talk to someone about football :/

fenikz
06-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Fitz thinks you're pretentious ass holes and if you refer to him in a negative light again he will soar high into the air and Mario stomp your goomba ass

ImBrotherCain
06-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Just moving to Pittsburgh and hearing Steelers this Steelers that is enough to drive a man crazy.

Addict
06-28-2009, 09:58 AM

same here... :(

Go_Eagles77
06-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Don't feel bad guys, I live in the US and even I can't have a decent conversation with anyone about football.

awfullyquiet
06-28-2009, 10:10 AM
i don't get why people from illinois invade wisconsin anyway.

i could go on about packers fans though for about another 30 minutes, but it's so tl;dr... it's not funny.

senormysterioso
06-28-2009, 10:15 AM
I think the worst thing about fans of other teams is that they don't like the same team as I do.

Brothgar
06-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Eagles - Oh god where to start.
1. They threw snowballs at Santa.
2. When you're up 54 - 14 in the 4th you do not have to yell at a 10 year old for cheering when his team finally scores.
3. The Philly fans either WAY over rate McNabb or horribly under rate him an that is hard for me to say.
4. I could go on ... but I won't.

Cards - Not the true fans but the band wagoners if you were alive when the Cards were in Chicago and you didn't like them then ... you don't count.

Packers - Unrelenting homerism you lose a HOF player and you act as if it is no big deal ... then it ends up not being a big deal ... which makes me hate you even more. None of you try to feed me that you guys actually believed that Roger's transition would be that smooth.

Lions (present company excluded) - WE CAN'T DRAFT STAFFORD BECAUSE MIKE VALENTI SAID SO!

Bears - Why aren't people still doing the super bowl shuffle? Next time I'm in a Chicago club I wanna see the shuffle dang it!

NY Jets - I hate you for giving the Eagles the idea of spelling your name after every touchdown ... on the streets ... and every time it happens come across your mind.

New York Giants - You guys fail to recognize that you guys actually play in New Jersey.

TO BE CONTINUED!!!

Sniper
06-28-2009, 10:29 AM
1. They threw snowballs at Santa.

41 years ago. Probably time to get over it...

2. When you're up 54 - 14 in the 4th you do not have to yell at a 10 year old for cheering when his team finally scores.

When was this?

3. The Philly fans either WAY over rate McNabb

Which ones?

4. I could go on ... but I won't.

Please do.

fenikz
06-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Cardinals have fans?

Go_Eagles77
06-28-2009, 10:39 AM

Plus the guy was a drunk half-assed Santa and the eagles were finishing up a 2-12 season. But ESPN never tells that part of the story...

Brothgar
06-28-2009, 10:56 AM

Still a douche thing to do.

When was this?

Lions vs Eagles home game. I want to say two years ago in September I was there to see a group of I want to say four Eagles fans grown men mind you do exactly what I said I don't think that it was that exact score but I done seen that shiz.

Which ones?

You know how many times I've had arguments about Donovan McNabb being the third best QB in the league or even the best in the league. How he is a sure fire HOFer. Trust me they exist.

Please do.

I will when I get out of work.

Brent
06-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Bears - some of the ones on this board can be a bit asshole-ish.
Packers - Brett Favre is not the greatest of all time, get over him.
Patriots - If you were defending spygate, you're a dick.
Cowboys - for the most part, a lot of the fans on here are smart, but living in Texas, I deal with the fans that we all hate who know **** about the team and think that ALL of the Cowboys are the best at their position.
Eagles/Giants - It seems as if some of their fans talk a lot of ****, and it gets annoying.
Rams - Thanks to that '06 season, Steven Jackson is overrated by many.

Sniper
06-28-2009, 11:10 AM
I will when I get out of work.

Still a douche thing to do.

To boo an impersonation of a fake person who's drunk and not doing their job right? At the end of a 2-12 season? Oooooooooooook then.

Lions vs Eagles home game. I want to say two years ago in September I was there to see a group of I want to say four Eagles fans grown men mind you do exactly what I said I don't think that it was that exact score but I done seen that shiz.

Was that the game where Kevin Curtis actually did something useful? And looking at the box score, Detroit's last TD came in the second quarter to make it 35-21. Stupid facts and ****, always getting in the way of a good Philly bashing.

You know how many times I've had arguments about Donovan McNabb being the third best QB in the league or even the best in the league. How he is a sure fire HOFer. Trust me they exist.

He damn well can look like the third-best QB in the NFL when he has decent targets. In 2004, the lone year where he had a legit #1 WR, he finished, among full-time starters...

4th in passer rating
3rd in TD passes (31)
2nd in INT (8)
4th in ypa (8.26)
1st in INT % (1.7%)

Give Donovan a real weapon instead of trying to pretend that Kevin Curtis is a #1, and he just might damn well be the #3 QB in the NFL. Look at the presumptive top 3 right now. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees. They all have #1 targets. And before Randy Moss/Marques Colston for Brady/Manning, I'll take their pass-catchers over some type of combination of Reggie Brown/Freddie Mitchell/Todd Pinkston/Greg Lewis/James Thrash etc...

Go_Eagles77
06-28-2009, 11:13 AM
a group of I want to say four Eagles fans grown men mind you do exactly what I said Well if 4 eagles fans did it that must be what most eagles fans are like.

You know how many times I've had arguments about Donovan McNabb being the third best QB in the leagueThat would have been a very fair argument a few years ago and if you look at the overall body of work throughout the past 10 years it can definitely be argued. I'm not saying I agree with it or not but it is not as far fetched as you make it out to be.

Edit: Sniper beat me to it

Brothgar
06-28-2009, 11:21 AM
To boo an impersonation of a fake person who's drunk and not doing their job right? At the end of a 2-12 season? Oooooooooooook then.

Yeah because the fans knew he was drunk. As I remember the story it wasn't his job he wasn't hired to do it he was some slob in the stands its funny how facts and **** get in the way of Eagle apologetics in a Santa costume. Some how it is the kids fault that the Eagles went 2-12? oooooookkkkkkk

Was that the game where Kevin Curtis actually did something useful? And looking at the box score, Detroit's last TD came in the second quarter to make it 35-21. Stupid facts and ****, always getting in the way of a good Philly bashing.

OOOHHH so its ok to talk **** to a 10 year old when the score is closer seriously? dude.

He damn well can look like the third-best QB in the NFL when he has decent targets. In 2004, the lone year where he had a legit #1 WR, he finished, among full-time starters...

4th in passer rating
3rd in TD passes (31)
2nd in INT (8)
4th in ypa (8.26)
1st in INT % (1.7%)

Give Donovan a real weapon instead of trying to pretend that Kevin Curtis is a #1, and he just might damn well be the #3 QB in the NFL. Look at the presumptive top 3 right now. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees. They all have #1 targets. And before Randy Moss/Marques Colston for Brady/Manning, I'll take their pass-catchers over some type of combination of Reggie Brown/Freddie Mitchell/Todd Pinkston/Greg Lewis/James Thrash etc...

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas. The guy still shoots wabbly rockets into the turf.

Sniper
06-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah because the fans knew he was drunk.

They did.

As I remember the story it wasn't his job he wasn't hired to do it he was some slob in the stands its funny how facts and **** get in the way of Eagle apologetics in a Santa costume.

Remind me again as to why it's such a big deal to boo an impersonation of a fake person?

OOOHHH so its ok to talk **** to a 10 year old when the score is closer seriously? dude.

You're going to an Eagles game, home of these apparently such mean fans, and you're not expecting **** talk if you cheer for the other team? That makes a lot of sense. I go to Flyers games all the time and I HATE the Flyers, and yet I don't say a damn thing when the other team scores, and the fans are more passionate about the Eagles than the Flyers. It's called common sense.

Some how it is the kids fault that the Eagles went 2-12? oooooookkkkkkk

It's not, but it does explain the frustration pent up.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas. The guy still shoots wabbly rockets into the turf.

Oh, really? Gee, thanks for telling me about my team's QB. I had no idea that he has a propensity for firing throws into the ground. I'm so glad you pointed this out to me. I'm glad that no other QB in the game has a weakness. :rolleyes:

Hines
06-28-2009, 11:57 AM
I can deal with all the true, hardcore fans of the world because they just show their love for their team, but I HATE, and I repeat, HATE ************* bandwagon fans. Since I live in AZ, I dealt with this **** all through the playoffs. Everyone would scream Cardinals suck and all that ********, then those same people have the nerve to come up to me and tell me that they are going to win the Super Bowl, they were always a fan. ********, if you were such a fan, why weren't you at every game instead of the only game that a fan cared about this season which was the NFC Championship Game.

vidae
06-28-2009, 12:02 PM
The Chiefs were 2-14! All we had to cheer about is how loud we can cheer!

And you won't find better BBQ anywhere in the country. Thems fightin' words!

Dam8610
06-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Isn't it kind of pointless to defend your fan base in this thread?

FuzzyGopher
06-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Cowboys fan bragging about "their" stadium. It's not your stadium, it's Jerry Jones stadium. Better yet it's some banks stadium. No one cares that it holds 1 million people and has the galaxy's biggest flat screen. It's a ****** concrete structure that will be used 8 times a year for a few hours. Big deal.

scottyboy
06-28-2009, 12:50 PM
i will agree, god I hate a lot of giants fans, especially on our site BBI. it's either the sky is falling or we're the bestest ever.

oh, and fans like DMWsackmachine
fans like eaglesfan45
fans like some of those stupid redskins homers. they all blend to me now.

GB12
06-28-2009, 01:00 PM
The only people I talk football with are on here. It's extremely painful having or listening to a conversation with a casual fan. I try and avoid it. If it happens to come up I just sit there and think how stupid they are.

Packers - Unrelenting homerism you lose a HOF player and you act as if it is no big deal ... then it ends up not being a big deal ... which makes me hate you even more. None of you try to feed me that you guys actually believed that Roger's transition would be that smooth.
********. Go back to my posts from last year when it was happening and that's exactly what you'll find. I don't get why that's so hard to believe. It's not like Rodgers was some UDFA we just picked up. He was a first round pick who was on the team for three years and we had seen in preseason and limited regular season. I was very confident in going into the season with Rodgers. I didn't expect him to have as great of a season as he did as a rookie, but I knew he'd be good.

Bills2083
06-28-2009, 01:18 PM

I hope I'm not in that group.
I still think we miss playoffs. We still have 0 pass rush (yes we drafted Maybin but DEs rarely contribute substantially sack-wise their rookie year).

TitleTown088
06-28-2009, 01:19 PM
The Chiefs were 2-14! All we had to cheer about is how loud we can cheer!

And you won't find better BBQ anywhere in the country. Thems fightin' words!
Dry rub is crap.

Brothgar
06-28-2009, 01:38 PM
They did.

Remind me again as to why it's such a big deal to boo an impersonation of a fake person?

First it was not like they just booed they guy. They hit him with snowballs and ****. Even if he was drunk he was just some poor **** that they picked out of the stands. Sure he was drunk tail gating and whatever length of the game they were at not expecting to work at all and my team sucking hell I'd be drunk too.

You're going to an Eagles game, home of these apparently such mean fans, and you're not expecting **** talk if you cheer for the other team? That makes a lot of sense. I go to Flyers games all the time and I HATE the Flyers, and yet I don't say a damn thing when the other team scores, and the fans are more passionate about the Eagles than the Flyers. It's called common sense.

If you are gonna pick on someone pick on me I'm a man I'm 40 I'm not a kid. Don't pick on a little kid who does everything right and just wears the wrong jersey on Sunday.

Its not like they were just saying your team sucks kid either.

Oh, really? Gee, thanks for telling me about my team's QB. I had no idea that he has a propensity for firing throws into the ground. I'm so glad you pointed this out to me. I'm glad that no other QB in the game has a weakness. :rolleyes:

Fine lets say for arguments sake I'm wrong and McNabb doesn't throw short passes at Jackson's shins.

Top 3 QBs don't get benched.
Top 3 QBs aren't afraid of Jeff Garcia.
Top 3 QBs don't play like crap and then tell the media that the world wants more from a black QB.
Speaking of Garcia he didn't seem to have that big of a problem with McNabb's WR corps when he went on that winning streak to get you into the playoffs that year.

Hines
06-28-2009, 01:47 PM
The only people I talk football with are on here. It's extremely painful having or listening to a conversation with a casual fan. I try and avoid it. If it happens to come up I just sit there and think how stupid they are.

********. Go back to my posts from last year when it was happening and that's exactly what you'll find. I don't get why that's so hard to believe. It's not like Rodgers was some UDFA we just picked up. He was a first round pick who was on the team for three years and we had seen in preseason and limited regular season. I was very confident in going into the season with Rodgers. I didn't expect him to have as great of a season as he did as a rookie, but I knew he'd be good.

QFT. But somehow, someway I always get brought up into it.

Brothgar
06-28-2009, 02:03 PM

That is exactly my point. You are a Packers fan my problem with packer fans is unrelenting homerism. If you asked other teams fans will Arron Rogers step in and have very little growing pains from snap one most would say it would take at LEAST half a season for him to grow into his shell.

SuperMcGee
06-28-2009, 02:05 PM
I hope I'm not in that group.
I still think we miss playoffs. We still have 0 pass rush (yes we drafted Maybin but DEs rarely contribute substantially sack-wise their rookie year).

He might be referring to WNY in general, since he's a local, and he would be somewhat right in that regard. Most of us on here aren't that delusional, but you can see how something like signing TO would make casual fans would go wild with expectations. I, meanwhile, am only going wild with pleasure.

And a rookie DE can contribute pressure, granted that they are as godly as Trevor Scott.

Gay Ork Wang
06-28-2009, 02:46 PM
i don't get why people from illinois invade wisconsin anyway.

i could go on about packers fans though for about another 30 minutes, but it's so tl;dr... it's not funny.

i wanna read it!

tjsunstein
06-28-2009, 02:54 PM
This really depends on who you talk to outside of the boards regarding their teams. I have friends who think Kolb is the answer and Westbrook is a better than Curtis Martin. Those same fans gave up on the team after the tie with the Bengals and embarrassing loss to the Ravens then acted like they didn't when the NFC Championship Game came around. Plus rep if you can guess who my friends like.

Gay Ork Wang
06-28-2009, 02:56 PM
This really depends on who you talk to outside of the boards regarding their teams. I have friends who think Kolb is the answer and Westbrook is a better than Curtis Martin. Those same fans gave up on the team after the tie with the Bengals and embarrassing loss to the Ravens then acted like they didn't when the NFC Championship Game came around. Plus rep if you can guess who my friends like.
E - A - G - L - E - S

M.O.T.H.
06-28-2009, 03:14 PM
As for other fans...I just get annoyed by the cliches like the Cowgirls or Tony ****. I think it reflects worse on those saying it, though. Because, they're so unoriginal. Especially saying the cowgirls which is what every casual fan will respond with when you tell them, you're a Cowboys fan. "Oh I like the Eagles, who do you like?" and I reply, "the Dallas Cowboys." "uhhh not the cowgirls!" So annoying. lol. Because, I've heard this 1,243 times.

the decider13
06-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Eagles fans- They attack Broncos fans constantly

Sniper
06-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Eagles fans- They attack Broncos fans constantly

What? Where?

Sniper
06-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Speaking of Garcia he didn't seem to have that big of a problem with McNabb's WR corps when he went on that winning streak to get you into the playoffs that year.

Oh, right. The winning streak where Reid started running the ball and therefore kept the defense fresher. That one. Shockingly enough, there was nearly a 50/50 balance between run and pass during Garcia's success.

yeats
06-28-2009, 03:46 PM
ballsssssssss

eaglesalltheway
06-28-2009, 03:46 PM
What? Where?

He's referring to the time I went out and beat him in a dark alley. Sorry decider, I've been meaning to apologize for that...

Brothgar
06-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Oh, right. The winning streak where Reid started running the ball and therefore kept the defense fresher. That one. Shockingly enough, there was nearly a 50/50 balance between run and pass during Garcia's success.

So McNabb gets all the credit for his stat line but his failures belong to Andy Reid and the receivers... got it

Sniper
06-28-2009, 04:13 PM
So McNabb gets all the credit for his stat line but his failures belong to Andy Reid and the receivers... got it

If you could point out where I said that, that'd be splendid. Trust me, I've taken my fair share of shots at McNabb, so get off your ******* high horse. You're being absurd for someone who has little to no knowledge of the situation.

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-28-2009, 04:17 PM
what annoys me about other teams fans?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AvCOzxKSFT0/RbgyNz8EdJI/AAAAAAAAAHE/fnYqEVdNLoU/s320/Bears+Katrina.jpg

GB12
06-28-2009, 04:25 PM
That is exactly my point. You are a Packers fan my problem with packer fans is unrelenting homerism. If you asked other teams fans will Arron Rogers step in and have very little growing pains from snap one most would say it would take at LEAST half a season for him to grow into his shell.
I know what you're point is, but you're wrong.

That's not "unrelenting homerism", that's knowing my team. Did it take Rodgers at least half a season? No it did not.

Don't come back and tell me that I don't understand what your saying, because I do. You are just wrong, and you chose a very poor example to use.

Sniper
06-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Run Attempts: Pass Attempts in games started by McNabb

30:35
30:45
18:33
27:32
19:32
27:35
20:34
34:26
32:61 (48 Garcia, 13 McNabb)

255 rushes, 366 passes (58.9% passing)

Run Attempts: Pass Attempts in games started by Garcia

25:29
27:39
22:23
30:28
42:23

146 rushes, 142 passes (49.3% passing)

Oh wow, look at that. The Eagles passed a whole lot less and actually ran the ball with Garcia in the line-up, therefore making them a more balanced offense and keeping their defense fresher. Oh my God, I sure hope no one said that earlier. :rolleyes:

tjsunstein
06-28-2009, 04:28 PM
This thread is why I hate other team's fans.

lordquas
06-28-2009, 04:49 PM
well I'm a Ravens fan and I must be the biggest asshole around

scottyboy
06-28-2009, 05:10 PM
what annoys me about other teams fans?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AvCOzxKSFT0/RbgyNz8EdJI/AAAAAAAAAHE/fnYqEVdNLoU/s320/Bears+Katrina.jpg

i'd feel bad if I didn't go to the Katrina game at Giants stadium, try to be nice and have the majority of saints fans there be total ass holes and douchenozzles.

lordquas
06-28-2009, 05:13 PM
steelers fans. twirling their little sissy towels around

scottyboy
06-28-2009, 05:14 PM
well I'm a Ravens fan and I must be the biggest asshole around

No. I think picking on a mentally ******** kid sealed that award up for you.

NBA
06-28-2009, 05:29 PM
the two worst ******* types of fans
Cowboys
Bucs

So cowboy fans are just **** in general and talk a lot of **** and i have to avoid going to sportsbars to make sure i dont beat one of their ******* asses
they are a bunch of redneck retards
I live in florida, and i go to bucs eagles games and bucs skins games sometimes
those ******* fans at games are overweight 40+ year olds who got **** running from the mouth
thanks for making a thread where i can express my hate

BlindSite
06-28-2009, 05:42 PM
People who instead of making a cohesive or coherent argument just call people homers.

Atlanta fans who are still in love with michael vick, not one of them is good to have a discussion with.

Other than that usually fans of the more popular or storied teams, Pittsburgh, Dallas, New York, are the biggest ones their fans tend to be haughty.

Brothgar
06-28-2009, 06:06 PM
If you could point out where I said that, that'd be splendid. Trust me, I've taken my fair share of shots at McNabb, so get off your ******* high horse. You're being absurd for someone who has little to no knowledge of the situation.

4th in passer rating
3rd in TD passes (31)
2nd in INT (8)
4th in ypa (8.26)
1st in INT % (1.7%)

Here is a perfect example of you giving McNabb credit for his stat line and saying he has never had a real receiving weapon. Which I assume means that the WRs are not getting the job done

Run Attempts: Pass Attempts in games started by McNabb

30:35
30:45
27:32
19:32
27:35
20:34
34:26
32:61 (48 Garcia, 13 McNabb)

255 rushes, 366 passes (58.9% passing)

Run Attempts: Pass Attempts in games started by Garcia

25:29
27:39
22:23
30:28
42:23

146 rushes, 142 passes (49.3% passing)

Oh wow, look at that. The Eagles passed a whole lot less and actually ran the ball with Garcia in the line-up, therefore making them a more balanced offense and keeping their defense fresher. Oh my God, I sure hope no one said that earlier. :rolleyes:

In this post you are telling me that the reason why Garcia was successful in winning games and McNabb wasn't was because Andy Reid called too many pass plays.

So these post make me believe that you ...
1. Give McNabb credit for his stat line (as evidence that you used it as a reason for him being a top QB)

2. You don't think that the WR corps had much iif anything to do with this. Noted by the fact that you stated that he never had a true weapon outside of TO.

3. You are saying Andy Reid is not a reason for McNabb's success because you are using his playcalling style to tell me why McNabb lost all those games while when he changed the play calling for Garcia he was winning more with the same players around him (+- a couple)

So PLEASE tell me where I'm getting confused here I beg you so I don't misconstrue your points any further.

Brothgar
06-28-2009, 06:20 PM
People who instead of making a cohesive or coherent argument just call people homers.

Atlanta fans who are still in love with michael vick, not one of them is good to have a discussion with.

Other than that usually fans of the more popular or storied teams, Pittsburgh, Dallas, New York, are the biggest ones their fans tend to be haughty.

Here is my fairly simple definition of a homer.

Homer n. - Anyone who goes against the convention always in favor of their team.

For example I am a homer strait up I am a Lions homer. Every year The media other knowledgeable fans ect all give the lions X amount of wins I always give them at least two more. I am a homer even if I end up being right this year and the Lions get five wins I'm still a homer. A lucky homer but still a homer. I'd say the only time I'm not a homer is on draft day because I do knee jerk reactions and I say what's on my mind IE IAF WTF!!!

So yeah homerism is always saying your team is better than everyone else thinks he is.

Sniper
06-28-2009, 06:28 PM
You're really not good at this whole "reading" process, are you?

Here is a perfect example of you giving McNabb credit for his stat line and saying he has never had a real receiving weapon. Which I assume means that the WRs are not getting the job done

In 2004, the lone year where he had a legit #1 WR

By saying "where he had a legit #1 WR", wouldn't I, by default, be giving a lot of the credit to Owens?

You are saying Andy Reid is not a reason for McNabb's success because you are using his playcalling style to tell me why McNabb lost all those games

Right, "all". The hyperbole is strong with this one.

while when he changed the play calling for Garcia he was winning more with the same players around him (+- a couple)

Don't you find it a little odd that when Philly decreased the pass attempts and increased the run attempts and TOP, a lesser-talented QB was able to win more? Philly fans have said for years that Reid needs to run more. Lo and behold, he did it, and oh my God, he won! Look at this past year. When the Eagles went on a tear, they ran the ball.

Cardinals (W 48-20) 40 rushes, 39 passes
Giants (W 20-14) 42 rushes, 30 passes
Browns (W 30-10) 33 rushes, 33 passes
Redskins (L 10-3) Wait for it...wait for it....16 rushes, 46 passes. Includes a stretch where the Eagles threw something like 15-16 straight times.
Cowboys (W 44-6 :D ) 36 rushes, 21 passes
Vikings (W 26-14) 23 rushes, 34 passes (Running against the Vikings is just stupid)
Giants (W 23-11) 28 rushes, 40 passes
Cardinals (L 32-25) 18 rushes, 47 passes

So in the games after the benching, the Eagles ran the ball 236 times and passed 290 times. That's rushing 44.8% of the time. In wins in this time period, they ran the ball 202 times and passed 197 times. That's rushing 50.6% of the time. GASP! They ran the ball, and WON? No way. They stopped asking too much of McNabb, and WON? Say it ain't so! The Eagles won more when they ran the ball? Gee, that sounds awfully familiar. What QB did they do that with before?

I maintain that far too much has been asked of Donovan McNabb in his tenure in Philly with much less help than he needed.

In 2003, for example, Philadelphia's wide receivers caught only five touchdown passes - tying the record for fewest in a season since the regular-season schedule was lengthened to its present 16 games in 1978 and that, by going the entire months of September and October without having a wide receiver catch a touchdown pass, the 2003 Eagles became the first NFL team since 1945 not to have gotten a touchdown pass from any of its wide receivers in the first two months of a season.

Not exactly Jerry Rice.

He's not a HOFer, but he's not exactly a scrub either. Give him weapons, and he makes it rain.

Brothgar
06-28-2009, 06:55 PM
You're really not good at this whole "reading" process, are you?

By saying "where he had a legit #1 WR", wouldn't I, by default, be giving a lot of the credit to Owens?

Right, "all". The hyperbole is strong with this one.

Don't you find it a little odd that when Philly decreased the pass attempts and increased the run attempts and TOP, a lesser-talented QB was able to win more? Philly fans have said for years that Reid needs to run more. Lo and behold, he did it, and oh my God, he won! Look at this past year. When the Eagles went on a tear, they ran the ball.

Cardinals (W 48-20) 40 rushes, 39 passes
Giants (W 20-14) 42 rushes, 30 passes
Browns (W 30-10) 33 rushes, 33 passes
Redskins (L 10-3) Wait for it...wait for it....16 rushes, 46 passes. Includes a stretch where the Eagles threw something like 15-16 straight times.
Cowboys (W 44-6 :D ) 36 rushes, 21 passes
Vikings (W 26-14) 23 rushes, 34 passes (Running against the Vikings is just stupid)
Giants (W 23-11) 28 rushes, 40 passes
Cardinals (L 32-25) 18 rushes, 47 passes

So in the games after the benching, the Eagles ran the ball 236 times and passed 290 times. That's rushing 44.8% of the time. In wins in this time period, they ran the ball 202 times and passed 197 times. That's rushing 50.6% of the time. GASP! They ran the ball, and WON? No way. They stopped asking too much of McNabb, and WON? Say it ain't so! The Eagles won more when they ran the ball? Gee, that sounds awfully familiar. What QB did they do that with before?

I maintain that far too much has been asked of Donovan McNabb in his tenure in Philly with much less help than he needed.

Not exactly Jerry Rice.

He's not a HOFer, but he's not exactly a scrub either. Give him weapons, and he makes it rain.

Did I ever say that McNabb sucked? Please quote where I said that in this thread. I didn' I said he wasn't top 5 let alone top 3 in the league at the QB position. Also I mind you that that was what I said in the original post that most Eagles fans either over rate McNabb as a HOF best QB in the League type or under rate him. Saying that he sucks. Did I ever a say that Jeff Garcia was better at the QB position than McNabb? please quote it. All I was saying with the Garcia comment was that you can't blame it all on not having a top WR. Such that a less talented QB can win with those WRs.

Sniper
06-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Good Lord, this is going nowhere.

Go_Eagles77
06-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Top 3 QBs aren't afraid of Jeff Garcia.

WTF were you basing this on? Please give one example of McNabb being "afraid" of Garcia, especially if you don't believe Garcia is the better QB. You're making up reasons to hate on the guy. I've seen you bashing him tons of times previous to this thread including threads in the off-topic forum, so you obviously have some kind of vendetta against him. Did he piss in your coffee or something?

Brothgar
06-28-2009, 07:55 PM
WTF were you basing this on? Please give one example of McNabb being "afraid" of Garcia, especially if you don't believe Garcia is the better QB. You're making up reasons to hate on the guy. I've seen you bashing him tons of times previous to this thread including threads in the off-topic forum, so you obviously have some kind of vendetta against him. Did he piss in your coffee or something?

I have a vendetta against over rated QBs I don't have proof of what I stated only conjecture so I'm just dropping it.

Gay Ork Wang
06-28-2009, 07:58 PM
holy crap. there are eagle fans out there saying McNabb is a top3 qb. He isnt. Thats why its annoying when those fans keep overrating him. its not taht hard to understand

Sniper
06-28-2009, 07:58 PM
holy crap. there are eagle fans out there saying McNabb is a top3 qb.

Where? Show me.

Sniper
06-28-2009, 08:02 PM
I have a vendetta against over rated QBs

Overrated? By who?

I don't have proof of what I stated, only dumb **** that I'm making up because I have a baseless hate of Donovan McNabb. I've run out of dumb things to say so I'm going to stop talking out of my ass.

Fixed it for you.

vikes_28
06-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Packers fans make me want to break things.

Gay Ork Wang
06-29-2009, 05:16 AM
Where? Show me.
he is obviously talking about people he knows and there are a bunch of idiots that think that. he never ever attacked you.

ChezPower4
06-29-2009, 07:30 AM
The fact that Vikings fans dress up like barbaric bafoons.

Bills2083
06-29-2009, 08:17 AM
he is obviously talking about people he knows and there are a bunch of idiots that think that. he never ever attacked you.

I found some for you.
reminder: I am not saying that all Eagles fans believe this.

http://www.billhance.com/football/Linc/images/226_12_13.jpg

NY+Giants=NYG
06-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Haha, that link was GOLD.

HAHA who said that?

eaglesalltheway
06-29-2009, 10:04 AM
I found some for you.
reminder: I am not saying that all Eagles fans believe this.

http://www.billhance.com/football/Linc/images/226_12_13.jpg

I'm confused, what the hell is this supposed to mean, lol?

Bills2083
06-29-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm confused, what the hell is this supposed to mean, lol?

Renji said that there are some Eagles fans who believe that McNabb is a top-3 QB. Sniper said, "Where? Show me."

So I just posted a pic of some fans who believe this :D

Gay Ork Wang
06-29-2009, 12:02 PM
i also think he wants to show that there are more Eagle fans out there than him

eaglesalltheway
06-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Renji said that there are some Eagles fans who believe that McNabb is a top-3 QB. Sniper said, "Where? Show me."

So I just posted a pic of some fans who believe this :D

Oh. Well there are some fans that believe that, but they are either insane homers or incredibly moronic. McNabb is a great QB, but to say he is the best QB outside of Peyton and Brady is insane. Right now Drew Brees is playing better, and the argument for Phillip Rivers could be made, as well as others. 5 is where some logical people may start to consider McNabb, and he should be anywhere from the 5 to 2 range, depending on each persons opinion. Personally, I'd have him somewhere in the 6-8 range right now, but thats just my opinion. And I am a big McNabb supproter as well, if that helps you understand where I am getting this opinion.

Addict
06-29-2009, 12:06 PM
i also think he wants to show that there are more Eagle fans out there than him

I'm still not entirely convinced Eagles fans aren't an elaborate hoax

eaglesalltheway
06-29-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm still not entirely convinced Eagles fans aren't an elaborate hoax

Damn it, they've found us out. To the hills men!

Seriously though, with how society has evolved the last 50 years, any stories you hear about the "select few" of our fans are most likely true. It is a shame we have a bunch of idiots for fans, but the majority are at least respectable human beings who actually bring something to the team as a fan.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
06-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Patriots - How even though they are the ones being caught for illegal acts, just assume that because they are doing it everyone else must be too. Assume that people are 'picking on them' because they are winning....yeah, okay.

After going 16-0 they at least stopped denying it and would just say that they didn't need it anyway....well, the fact remains you did do it, and you wrongfully denied doing it all this time. Just becuase you still won games doesn't mean that what you did previously was okay or that you didn't do it....

(don't worry, i'll try to stir other stuff up to get off of McNabb)

The Great Jonathan Vilma
06-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Jets- Their complaining fans at the draft annoy me.

They boo many picks, but i believe they cheer for Vernon Gholston! How fitting!

When the Jets traded for the Sanchez pick, i was more scared than excited, as i don't cheer until i see the trade details, but so many just go nuts instantly. WAKE UP, IT ISN'T ALWAYS A GOOD THING! haha.

New York Knick fans - booing everything if it doesn't fit in with a player they like. This applies to many fans at the actual events, but booing someone when you have no clue who they are doesn't necessarily mean that it was a bad pick, it just means that you are probably clueless and should keep your mouth shut! haha

Brothgar
06-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Damn it, they've found us out. To the hills men!

Seriously though, with how society has evolved the last 50 years, any stories you hear about the "select few" of our fans are most likely true. It is a shame we have a bunch of idiots for fans, but the majority are at least respectable human beings who actually bring something to the team as a fan.

This is a very true statement I have said it before and I'll say it again I've seen the best of things and the worst of things from Eagle's fans unfortunately there isn't a "What do you like about other team's fans" thread.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
06-29-2009, 01:38 PM
This is a very true statement I have said it before and I'll say it again I've seen the best of things and the worst of things from Eagle's fans unfortunately there isn't a "What do you like about other team's fans" thread.

Yeah, that would be fun. Lets all get together, pat one another on the back, and give some positive reinforcement! That could be fun! YOU ALL SUCK!

djp
06-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Packer fans : They smell like ****

eaglesalltheway
06-29-2009, 02:25 PM

As is the case with almost everything, only the extremes stick out, no matter how few. It really is a shame that there are few people who celebrate the "normal".

Sniper
07-01-2009, 12:22 AM
HAHA who said that?

http://www.bigblueview.com/2009/5/16/877157/whos-better-domenik-hixon-or

Byahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

CC.SD
07-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Chargers - Rivers is an arrogant douchebag, please admit as much.

Come on Dam, the NFL world has never overreacted so badly to a player trash talking on the field than it has with Rivers. Watch an interview of the guy, he is all passion and heart. It's sad that playing with no knee in the AFC Championship, or turning in an MVP caliber year in 2008 is overshadowed because he called Cutler a baby...which has since been proven completely true. In any case it was years ago now and the guy is now a confident leader and stellar QB, I'll defend him anytime.

Sniper
07-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Phil Rivers is a saint.

CC.SD
07-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Phil Rivers is a saint.

He also invented Cold Fusion while he was benchwarming for Brees.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_X2TlLBsNG08/SPKQYTz36XI/AAAAAAAABXI/Wc3vRvq016c/s400/riversmath.jpg

Seriously though what the hell, can anyone explain why this picture exists?

LonghornsLegend
07-01-2009, 01:23 AM
Cowboys- I think it was bazaa who did a good bit on " Americas team". What a load of crap. Some tend to live in the glory years.

I don't know if anyone responded to this because I haven't read through the entire thread, but if you know the story on it bzaa's post didn't really even make sense and I mentioned it before to him since he was sporting it in his sig like it did.

He was basically saying how stupid it was for the Cowboys to nickname themselves "America's Team", so he shall refer to himself as 'America's Poster', except for the fact that Bob Ryan came up with that nickname, not anyone in the organization:

Bob Ryan, the Vice President and editor-in-chief of NFL Films, coined this for the Cowboys in 1979. After preparing and editing the teamís 1978 season highlight film he had to come up with a title for the film. [6] He was quoted as saying:

I wanted to come up with a different twist on their team highlight film. I noticed then, and had noticed earlier, that wherever the Cowboys played, you saw people in the stands with Cowboys jerseys and hats and pennants. Plus, they were always the national game on television.

During the Cowboys' first game of the 1979 season, a nationally televised game against the St. Louis Cardinals (which Dallas won 22-21), the television announcer for CBS introduced the Cowboys as Americaís Team and the name stuck.

Dallas's Hall of Fame coach Tom Landry originally did not approve of the appellation of America's Team. He felt that it would give opposing teams extra incentive to play harder. Eventually he gave in and actually came to like the name.[7]

I don't know if people still try to use the nickname or not, I just know some people don't realize it wasn't Tom Landry or somebody that came up with that...I would hope people aren't still clinging to this, just wanted to point out that he was incorrect in his post about the whole America's Team bit.

Ravens1991
07-01-2009, 01:26 AM

Byahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

My conclusion was that both receivers are good young receivers with a lot of upside, but that the perception that Jackson is a star in the making while Hixon is just a fill in that needs to be replaced is not accurate.

The article never said that Hixon had higher upside then Jackson.

yo123
07-01-2009, 01:34 AM

You guys wear cheese on your head.

We have you beat in the wardrobe department.

The Dynasty
07-01-2009, 01:41 AM

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/Ragnar.jpg

Look at that mascot. He is great.

BlindSite
07-01-2009, 06:04 AM
You guys wear cheese on your head.

We have you beat in the wardrobe department.

Purple... nuff said

NY+Giants=NYG
07-01-2009, 08:46 AM

Byahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I actually like Jackson better, but Hixon does intrigue me. If he progresses and gets better who knows. But we don't have a pass happy system, and if NFL fans just go by pure numbers, I highly doubt these two wrs would be comparable.

Go_Eagles77
07-01-2009, 09:28 AM
The article never said that Hixon had higher upside then Jackson.
Look at some of the comments.

tjsunstein
07-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Packer fans : They smell like ****

No sir. That's the smell of good cheese. ;)

Dam8610
07-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Come on Dam, the NFL world has never overreacted so badly to a player trash talking on the field than it has with Rivers. Watch an interview of the guy, he is all passion and heart. It's sad that playing with no knee in the AFC Championship, or turning in an MVP caliber year in 2008 is overshadowed because he called Cutler a baby...which has since been proven completely true. In any case it was years ago now and the guy is now a confident leader and stellar QB, I'll defend him anytime.

What pisses me off most about Rivers is the fact that he had to trash talk with fans in Indy when the Colts best pass rusher was out and their 2nd best pass rusher was hobbled, so he actually had a decent game (Really? Trash talking with fans? That's stooping pretty low for a player, and he has nothing to gain but looking like a douchenozzle from it). Then in San Diego last year, he sucks the whole game, and his team would have lost had they needed to rely on his performance (fortunately for him, Scifres bailed the Chargers out), but after the game winning score, he starts celebrating like he did something in that game. So my problem with him has about zero to do with the Cutler thing.

TitleTown088
07-01-2009, 01:26 PM
http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/Ragnar.jpg

Look at that mascot. He is great.

Was great. He retired, right?

The Dynasty
07-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Was great. He retired, right?

Last time I knew it was Him and the other mascot Viktor. Im not sure if he retired or not.

Mr. Stiller
07-01-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't know if anyone responded to this because I haven't read through the entire thread, but if you know the story on it bzaa's post didn't really even make sense and I mentioned it before to him since he was sporting it in his sig like it did.

He was basically saying how stupid it was for the Cowboys to nickname themselves "America's Team", so he shall refer to himself as 'America's Poster', except for the fact that Bob Ryan came up with that nickname, not anyone in the organization:

I don't know if people still try to use the nickname or not, I just know some people don't realize it wasn't Tom Landry or somebody that came up with that...I would hope people aren't still clinging to this, just wanted to point out that he was incorrect in his post about the whole America's Team bit.

I'm not 100% sure but IIRC Ryan approached Art Rooney Sr. and asked him to use the nickname "America's Team" and Rooney told him "No, this is Pittsburgh's Team"

I'll have to dig up the article.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-01-2009, 07:30 PM
What pisses me off most about Rivers is the fact that he had to trash talk with fans in Indy when the Colts best pass rusher was out and their 2nd best pass rusher was hobbled, so he actually had a decent game (Really? Trash talking with fans? That's stooping pretty low for a player, and he has nothing to gain but looking like a douchenozzle from it). Then in San Diego last year, he sucks the whole game, and his team would have lost had they needed to rely on his performance (fortunately for him, Scifres bailed the Chargers out), but after the game winning score, he starts celebrating like he did something in that game. So my problem with him has about zero to do with the Cutler thing.

haha, boohoo. Why not celebrate? He had nothign to do with the injuries. He played bad, deal with it. I'd celebrate the win too...

CC.SD
07-01-2009, 07:42 PM

Ehh I think you are reaching calling out a QB for celebrating after winning a playoff game, no matter what kind of performance he had (which wasn't as bad as you make it out to be). I mean, who wouldn't celebrate? The bench guys celebrated too, and some didn't stand up the whole game.

As for trash talking to the fans a couple years ago, I know what clips you're talking about. If you turn up the volume you can clearly hear what he's saying as he walks off..."I'll be back!", "Thank you thank you, I appreciate it." That's just back and forth.

I'm not paraphrasing up there, that's how it went, you can hear it. The guy doesn't even cuss, the whole thing is more ESPN Mind Drilling. The only time he ever seriously got into it with a fan, it surfaced later that the guy had been threatening his daughters. Don't recall what game that was though.

In the end I'm pretty sure his play does more talking than he does, I mean no offense Dam but I think your opinions might be a little influenced by the results of those Indy games.

TitanHope
07-01-2009, 08:19 PM
He also invented Cold Fusion while he was benchwarming for Brees.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_X2TlLBsNG08/SPKQYTz36XI/AAAAAAAABXI/Wc3vRvq016c/s400/riversmath.jpg

Seriously though what the hell, can anyone explain why this picture exists?

He's actually drawing pictures of boobies, but someone photoshopped in the Physics and Calculas mumbo-jumbo.

How do I know this? Notice his left hand... Bingo! Total nip-fondling action goin' on.

eaglesalltheway
07-01-2009, 08:20 PM
He's actually drawing pictures of boobies, but someone photoshopped in the Physics and Calculas mumbo-jumbo.

How do I know this? Notice his left hand... Bingo! Total nip-fondling action goin' on.

I see a hint of drool and his tongue beginning to come out, he's definitely touching boobs.

TitanHope
07-01-2009, 08:28 PM
I see a hint of drool and his tongue beginning to come out, he's definitely touching boobs.

Exactly! Plus, look at that face! It's a known face that EVERY man's face turns into that blank stare when we see ta-tas. We just don't know it, due to the fact that we're busy gazing upon the best things in the universe and not a mirror...

Trust me. I wrote a thesis on this once. I got a D on it, which in boobie-conversion is quite exemplary! ;)

Anyway, back on topic!

Crazy_Chris
07-02-2009, 01:21 AM

Great post, you are completely right, ignorant homer are annoying no matter what team is their favorite. I used to post once and a while on the scout.com boards. But there are too many casual fans there it was hard to have a good football conversation. For example recently they made a topic of top 10 RB's of all time and a good amount of Viking fans were putting AD in the top 10 already :rolleyes:. But while I don't like these ignorant fans it's kinda of fun to read what they say for laughs.

As for the fans that post here I don't really see anything that annoys me. As SWDC doesn't really have those ignorant ones, I consider everyone here well more knowledable than most NFL Fans which is why I post here.

killxswitch
07-02-2009, 08:11 AM
As for trash talking to the fans a couple years ago, I know what clips you're talking about. If you turn up the volume you can clearly hear what he's saying as he walks off..."I'll be back!", "Thank you thank you, I appreciate it." That's just back and forth.

I'm not paraphrasing up there, that's how it went, you can hear it. The guy doesn't even cuss, the whole thing is more ESPN Mind Drilling. The only time he ever seriously got into it with a fan, it surfaced later that the guy had been threatening his daughters. Don't recall what game that was though.

I was at the game. He talked more than what the camera apparently showed. He's a good QB but he's also kind of a douche. Cutler is worse, but that isn't a hard race to win. And yes, the result of that game was pathetic, especially considering the injuries you guys had on offense.

DoughBoy
07-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Steelers- how can you call your fanbase and team "tough" if you cry over and worship a towel?

CC.SD
07-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Steelers- how can you call your fanbase and team "tough" if you cry over and worship a towel?

Hello, it is a TERRIBLE towel.

Fogcity_faithful
07-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Cowboys fans, mostly because i am a 49er fan. It makes me supremely happy that the only reason that Aikman remembers his last superbowl is because they filmed it...but on topic i hate the total homerism that tony romo receives. He is a good qb, dont get me wrong but he received all this praise for a decent season, voted to a pro bowl with the same record that shaun hill had last year. Seriously? Come on now that is ridiculous.
Steelers fans - i get it, really i do, u love your team, but the towel thing is absurd. And Troy is a good safety, but he is not the safety of all safeties. He is placed in a position to succeed, hiding his lesser skills which any good coordinator should do. I don't dislike him, i just hate how he is talked about, in very much the same way i dislike romo fans.

Romo crying on the field in seattle, and looking lost last year, poetry in motion

terribletowel39
07-06-2009, 04:19 PM

Hello, it is a TERRIBLE towel.

Steelers fans - i get it, really i do, u love your team, but the towel thing is absurd. And Troy is a good safety, but he is not the safety of all safeties. He is placed in a position to succeed, hiding his lesser skills which any good coordinator should do. I don't dislike him, i just hate how he is talked about, in very much the same way i dislike romo fans.
You guys are just jealous......

1. 6 Superbowls allows us to call our fanbase and team tough AND worship a towel at the sametime.

2. Yes. It is.

3. Troy is not just a good safety, he actually is pretty much the safety of all safeties currently playing. Reed and Wilson are the only ones I would even consider taking over Polamalu. And I don't think that is my homerism. I think that pretty much goes with everyone (minus Colts fans).

Smooth Criminal
07-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Other teams fans simply don't understand the meaning behind the Terrible Towel. For me its meaning has only deepened since Myron Cope's death. At this point, the terrible towel represents a connection to the 70's steelers as well as a tribute to the life and career of Cope.

The fans of other teams that make fun of it have absolutley no idea of the story behind why the towel exists. Its funny that damn near every team tries to immitate it at their home games now.

DoughBoy
07-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Other teams fans simply don't understand the meaning behind the Terrible Towel. For me its meaning has only deepened since Myron Cope's death. At this point, the terrible towel represents a connection to the 70's steelers as well as a tribute to the life and career of Cope.

The fans of other teams that make fun of it have absolutley no idea of the story behind why the towel exists. Its funny that damn near every team tries to immitate it at their home games now.

Do you know your still talking about a ******* towel? There is no story behind it...It is what it is.

Strongside
07-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Do you know your still talking about a ******* towel? There is no story behind it...It is what it is.

( ._.) /facepalm

Bengalsrocket
07-07-2009, 02:51 AM
I'm a Bengals fan, but I get the towel thing. I mean it's ridiculous, but how is that any different from the rest of the NFL. Here in Cincinnati we yell "Who dey" over and over again, it's extremely stupid but it can be fun still.

The only thing that makes the towel bad, is when Steeler fans take it to seriously. The appropriate way to handle the towel is treat it as a part of the game, not a part of your life.

NY+Giants=NYG
07-07-2009, 07:46 AM

And now almost every team does it, and even spreads to baseball come playoff time. That's what makes the Steelers org. pretty cool. They started a trend and everyone else copied it. It's like the whole gatorade dumping on the coach that we started.

Gay Ork Wang
07-07-2009, 09:44 AM
And now almost every team does it, and even spreads to baseball come playoff time. That's what makes the Steelers org. pretty cool. They started a trend and everyone else copied it. It's like the whole gatorade dumping on the coach that we started.
everyone uses a towel, but they dont cry over it

NY+Giants=NYG
07-07-2009, 10:38 AM

They like it, and respect it. It's part of their history. I don't see an issue. It's like GB fans wearing cheese on their heads, or another prop fans use. The Braves used to have the tomahawk chop. At least it's part of their history, and not some random prop used come playoff time. You see that alot now where an opening playoff game for baseball or football, some random team decides to copy it. They take pride in their history and that's part of it.

drowe
07-07-2009, 03:29 PM

Bears fans. because THEY'RE Bears fans. and THEIR grammar sucks.

drowe
07-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I personally hate Bears fans. they're just thick skulled meat heads. try talking about football with them. you can make an intelligent point and the response will be:

URLACHERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

and, they seem to actually think the Superbowl Shuffle was cool.

Viking fans are just fun. I know a lot of viking fans, and it just gets too easy. they try to talk trash and i just politely remind them that the Vikings are a bad team, pathetic franchise, terrible organization with a lame fan base...and they play in a dump and have a hard time selling playoff tickets. and now, they're only hope is the guy that they spent the better part of 2 decades complaining about. and that usually ends the trash talking before i even need to bring up the lack of superbowl wins.

Also, Eagle fans are every bit as bad as they're given credit for.

Bigburt63
07-08-2009, 02:22 PM
The Jets: Naturally, as a Pats fan, I hate the Jets more than almost every other team (maybe the Colts, but thats just good rivalry hate, nothing personal). But what I hate the most is the stupid j-e-t-s, jets jets jets chant, and that guy who wears the fire-helmet and leads it.

trkaline
07-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Hines Ward... yes I read the ****** rules but I hate the a-hole.

Smooth Criminal
07-08-2009, 04:36 PM

Their towels are props given out at the gate. Ours is a historical product that's sold and the proceeds go to charity. That towel represents a great history, a great cause, and a legendary career of a recently deceased announcer.

So yea, our fan base takes it seriously.

Hines
07-08-2009, 04:54 PM
All fans- When they spell PITTSBURGH, Pittsburg

etk
07-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Pittsburgh fans because they obsess over things that are completely unrelated to football, like towels, workers, food and the correct spelling of their city.

Also, Fogcity_faithful.....your Troy post makes me facepalm.