PDA

View Full Version : Starting Team

AntoinCD
07-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Well since not even the tumbleweeds are passing through these day why not get a discussion started. Who do you think will be the starting offense and defense on the opening day.

My guess;

QB-Tom Brady
RB-Laurence Maroney
TE-Alex Smith
WR-Randy Moss
WR-Wes Welker
WR-Joey Galloway
LT-Matt Light
LG-Logan Mankins
OC-Dan Koppen
RG-Stephen Neal
RT-Nick Kaczur

DE-Richard Seymour
NT-Vince Wilfork
DE-Ty Warren
OLB-Adalius Thomas
ILB-Tedi Bruschi
ILB-Jerod Mayo
OLB-Shawn Crable
CB-Shawn Springs
SS-Brandon Merriweather
FS-James Sanders
CB-Leigh Bodden

I don't think any of the rookies will start day one but by the end of the season I do expect Chung, Butler and maybe Vollmer to be starting. At TE I think Watson's inconsistency will be with all through training camp, therefore Alex Smith will be giving the opportunity to start. No other real surprises and I think Crable will get the nod ahead or Woods or TBC

Bigburt63
07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Well since not even the tumbleweeds are passing through these day why not get a discussion started. Who do you think will be the starting offense and defense on the opening day.

My guess;

QB-Tom Brady
RB-Laurence Maroney
TE-Ben Watson
WR-Randy Moss
WR-Wes Welker
WR-Joey Galloway
LT-Matt Light
LG-Logan Mankins
OC-Dan Koppen
RG-Stephen Neal
RT-Nick Kaczur

DE-Richard Seymour
NT-Vince Wilfork
DE-Ty Warren
OLB-Adalius Thomas
ILB-Tedi Bruschi
ILB-Jerod Mayo
OLB-Pierre Woods
CB-Shawn Springs
SS-Brandon Merriweather
FS-James Sanders
CB-Leigh Bodden

I don't think any of the rookies will start day one but by the end of the season I do expect Chung, Butler and maybe Vollmer to be starting. At TE I think Watson's inconsistency will be with all through training camp, therefore Alex Smith will be giving the opportunity to start. No other real surprises and I think Crable will get the nod ahead or Woods or TBC

I bolded my changes. Regardless of inconsistency, I think Watson is the starter on day 1, but Smith will get alot of time. Woods has more experience (albeit limited) and I think he gets the nod over crable, who again will receive ALOT of playing time....hopefully.

FlyingElvis
07-02-2009, 03:21 PM
I tend to agree with you that no rookies will start from day one, but I'll give Chung the nod simply because I find Sanders so unispiring.

I agree on Watson. He's out of the starting spot in favor of Smith.

QB-Tom Brady
RB-Laurence Maroney
TE-Alex Smith
WR-Randy Moss
WR-Wes Welker
WR-Joey Galloway
LT-Matt Light
LG-Logan Mankins
OC-Dan Koppen
RG-Stephen Neal
RT-Nick Kaczur

DE-Richard Seymour
NT-Vince Wilfork
DE-Ty Warren
OLB-Adalius Thomas
ILB-Tedi Bruschi
ILB-Jerod Mayo
OLB-Shawn Crable
CB-Shawn Springs
SS-Brandon Merriweather
FS-Patrick Chung
CB-Leigh Bodden

Don Vito
07-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Sanders doesn't do anything extremely well and does not have the best physical tools, but he is tough and smart. I think Sanders will start at FS but Chung will definitely see the field a lot early, we should see some 3 safety sets with Chung acting as a rover type. The starters will eventually be Meriweather and Chung, but Sanders will be an excellent depth guy and special teamer. He will never be phased out and will always be on the field because he is everything BB looks for in a football player.

I really hope Crable is ready to go this year. I'm home right now and I was in Swampscott the other day and I saw him walking out of Joseph A. Banks and he is freaking huge. My dad was telling me he was up around 265-270 and I really didn't believe him but I do know, he has bulked up a lot. I'm excited to see what he can do, the staff certainly has a lot of faith in him and some of the other young LBs if you look at what we did in the offseason.

TE will be the other interesting battle. Smith is a very talented young player like Watson but is more consistent as a receiver, but I have a hard time seeing Watson losing the starting job right now. He is in a contract year so he should be going balls to the wall, plus he has really improved as a blocker and if he somehow refines his receiving skills he could be a great 3 down TE. Tight end is a spot I will be watching a lot this summer.

Nalej
07-06-2009, 12:35 AM
QB-Tom Brady
RB-Laurence Maroney
TE-Ben Watson
WR-Randy Moss
WR-Wes Welker
WR-Joey Galloway
LT-Matt Light
LG-Logan Mankins
OC-Dan Koppen
RG-Stephen Neal
RT-Nick Kaczur

DE-Richard Seymour
NT-Vince Wilfork
DE-Ty Warren
OLB-Adalius Thomas
ILB-Tedi Bruschi
ILB-Jerod Mayo
OLB-Pierre Woods
CB-Shawn Springs
SS-Brandon Merriweather
FS-James Sanders
CB-Leigh Bodden

I give the nods to Watson, Woods and Sanders... at least for the first game
Simply due to the fact that they know the system better... for obvious reasons.
Maybe when Smith, Crable and Chung get some games under their belt they'll take over the starting roles.
I just doubt it'll be on game 1

nepg
08-21-2009, 07:41 AM
I think Chris Baker takes the TE spot. He's the best short yardage target they have at TE, and they need someone who can also block (this disqualifies Smith from starting). Close between Baker and Watson, but Baker's a reliable receiver...which they haven't had in awhile.

And I also think Sanders will start, but that all 3 will play in nickel, dime, and some other special formations (3-3-5).

Bigburt63
08-21-2009, 09:11 AM
All 3 safeties will most definitely receive alot of playing time. Brace has been impressive thus far too, and Pryor was a beast last night.

AntoinCD
08-23-2009, 03:15 PM
I think almost everyone defensively on the team will see quite a lot of time. On the defensive, especially if the switch th a 4-3 increases then players like Brace and Prior will play quite a bit.

As of now I think the starting CBs will be Bodden and Wilhite but Butler has really impressed so he could replace Wilhite soon enough. At safety Merriweather and Sanders will take the bulk of the snaps and I fully expect Pat Chung to beast on special teams this year.

Nalej
09-06-2009, 04:22 PM
QB-Tom Brady
RB-Laurence Maroney
TE-Ben Watson
WR-Randy Moss
WR-Wes Welker
WR-Joey Galloway
LT-Matt Light
LG-Logan Mankins
OC-Dan Koppen
RG-Stephen Neal