PDA

View Full Version : Better moves? Bush vs. Peterson

SugarSean
07-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I got into an argument recently with all of my saints fan friends (I live like 10 mins outside of New Orleans). After about an hour of ignorant, homer debates about how great the saints are, we got to one that I think will be of interest to you guys...I made the argument that AD has better jukes/moves/shakes/whatever u want to call it than Bush. I'm not talking about power, natural running instincts, vision or anything else like that...we all now Peterson dominates Bush in those areas. I'm talking solely about the ability to make people whiff. Who do you think is better...Peterson or Bush?

I've posted videos of each so you can see what they look like in action.

Peterson's 2008 season
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G1nDBW4pyeE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G1nDBW4pyeE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bush's career
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7Ubvj4Uf3U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7Ubvj4Uf3U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Saints-Tigers
07-02-2009, 03:54 PM
If you don't get to Bush before he gets moving, it's hard to get a hand on him at all.

I guess it's unfair to Peterson because he doesn't always have to make a shifty move, sometimes he'll just plow into someone, but I don't think it's an insult to anyone to say Bush has better moves.

terribletowel39
07-02-2009, 03:59 PM
This is Bush pretty handily in my opinion. Like Saints-Tigers said, that doesn't take anything away from Peterson but there are few in the NFL that have the shiftiness of Bush.

TimD
07-02-2009, 04:05 PM
2 different runners so you cant compare moves between them.

marshallb
07-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Bush easily and this is coming from a Vikings fan, but like others have said, it is unfair to compare them as Adrian is a totally different runner and player.

d34ng3l021
07-02-2009, 04:26 PM
That was a pathetic highlight reel for Bush. It showed 15 yard runs and catches with an occasional sick juke or so.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Bush has fancier moves, but AD is absolutely spectacular at slightly changing directions, and then exploding, resulting in a failed arm tackle rather than a big hit.

brat316
07-02-2009, 04:35 PM
yeah you can't compare these 2. I would rather have a guy break through arm tackles then make people miss every now and then.

You should try comparing CJ to Bush.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 04:57 PM
yeah you can't compare these 2. I would rather have a guy break through arm tackles then make people miss every now and then.

You should try comparing CJ to Bush.

cj doesnt have bushs change of direction althou he is slightly faster....bush has the best moves since barry sanders....reggie is the most talented back ive ever seen....last yera before his injury he was the only player in the leage to lead his team in rushing and recieving yards!...and that was on the #1 offense in the nfl no less!!!...he was also leading the league in scoring and on pace for over 800 rushing yards and over 1200 recieving yards.

brat316
07-02-2009, 05:22 PM
cj doesnt have bushs change of direction althou he is slightly faster....bush has the best moves since barry sanders....reggie is the most talented back ive ever seen....last yera before his injury he was the only player in the leage to lead his team in rushing and recieving yards!...and that was on the #1 offense in the nfl no less!!!...he was also leading the league in scoring and on pace for over 800 rushing yards and over 1200 recieving yards.

I think your forgetting Westbrook been there done that.

07-02-2009, 05:25 PM
holy smokes, on pace for 800 rushing yards? Move over Jim Brown, there's a new GOAT.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 05:25 PM
I think your forgetting Westbrook been there done that.

westbrook doesnt quite cut/juke like reggie and barry.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 05:27 PM
holy smokes, on pace for 800 rushing yards? Move over Jim Brown, there's a new GOAT.

AND over 1200 recieving yards....AND leading the league in scoring...AND leading the league in return yardage....AND the ONLY player in the league that led his team in BOTH rushing and recieving yards.

brat316
07-02-2009, 05:38 PM
AND over 1200 recieving yards....AND leading the league in scoring...AND leading the league in return yardage....AND the ONLY player in the league that led his team in BOTH rushing and recieving yards.

Being the starting rb, I would expect him to lead his team in rushing, but only 800. WTF your a starting rb you played a whole season get to a 1000. I give him the 1200 yards of receiving. He has the speed to take the ball, and Payton makes sure he gets Bush the ball some how about 32 times a game.

But as a pure Rb, that caries the load, Reggie is not for me. As a slot WR/PR/KR/back up RB, i'll take him.

wicket
07-02-2009, 05:54 PM
reggie just gets a whole lot of yardage on swing passes and stuff like that that doesnt differ much from a normal qb toss, that yardage will count for his receiving stats but are more running back yards than receiver yards, it is just a consequence of the fact that you want reggie in the open field, real running plays are just to keep defenses honest.

The_Dude
07-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Bush has better juke moves, but AD is a superior all around running back

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Being the starting rb, I would expect him to lead his team in rushing, but only 800. WTF your a starting rb you played a whole season get to a 1000.

that i why i also pointed out the fact that he did so whilst being on the #1 offense in the league....he doesnt need to do anymore and the offense obviuosly isnt hurting by that fact....not sure if it'll happen this year because i blieve reggie benefits mostly when playing with a powerback that keeps the middle of the defense from cheating the edge but when he does get a true powerback (which is a compliment to bush, not vice versa!) to run with he will become an annual 1000/1200 yard threat and the most dynamic offensive weapon in football.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
07-02-2009, 06:21 PM
There are so many talented elusive RBs who've played in the NFL between Bush and Sanders that to say Bush is the most talented since Sanders is really a stretch.

Bush has yet to prove he's a competent NFL RB, let alone one of the greatest ever.

wicket
07-02-2009, 06:27 PM
There are so many talented elusive RBs who've played in the NFL between Bush and Sanders that to say Bush is the most talented since Sanders is really a stretch.

Bush has yet to prove he's a competent NFL RB, let alone one of the greatest ever.

like i argued before, he has had a LOT of production from the running back position, allbeit not in the most convertional way. people are to eager to judge him just by his rushing stats. he may not be one of the best pure runners but he is the best receiver out of the backfield.
there is no dc in the league happy is he has to defend bush.

But i agree there is something left to be desired as a pure runner.

bantx
07-02-2009, 07:10 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0810/nfl.prolific.scorers/images/darren-sproles.jpg

Malaka
07-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Bush is the most elusive RB in the NFL at this moment, IMO. That doesn't mean he is the best RB though, he contributes to the Saints in many different ways, although he maybe just average/above average as a conventional RB.

I wish the Giants had a player like Bush, that a WR is what were completely lacking on offense, hopefully Bradshaw can be used somewhat like that.

Sniper
07-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Bush is the most elusive RB in the NFL at this moment

EoHVhhUjjBc&feature=related

Sup fool?

Malaka
07-02-2009, 08:47 PM

Sup fool?

Westbrook's a better overall RB, but hell I guess its a matter of opinion, but I think Bush has better moves/more elusive.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 09:22 PM

Sup fool?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUcSn32wSHU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0vVnIqn-kw

what it do homie?

07-02-2009, 09:30 PM
g5H7fHGYsgg

chyeah brah.

Sniper
07-02-2009, 09:38 PM
what it do homie?

Do you really want to have a Brian Westbrook vs. Reggie Bush highlights battle? It's not going to end well for you.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 09:38 PM
g5H7fHGYsgg

chyeah brah.

then he got up and scored 2 touchdowns leading the saints to the nfc championship game.

Sniper
07-02-2009, 09:40 PM
then he got up and scored 2 touchdowns leading the saints to the nfc championship game.

One touchdown.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Do you really want to have a Brian Westbrook vs. Reggie Bush highlights battle? It's not going to end well for you.

no doubt that westbrook has been the more productive back but your a fool if you think he's more talented or capable of better high light reel runs than reggie.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 09:43 PM
One touchdown.

and a long barry sanders esq change of direction run that led to another...point is he got back up and finished the game playing at a very high level, alot of guys ould have been mentally out of it for the rest of the game.

07-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Legit NFL RBs can hit 4 yards per carry.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Legit NFL RBs can hit 4 yards per carry.

so if the starting running back of an nfl team doesnt get 4 yards per carry than that offense would be ****** right?...lol...the saints have been the #1 offense 2 out of the 3 years reggie has been there and the trojans were the top rated offense 2 of the 3 years reggie was there as well...he's redefining or should i say creating his own position.

07-02-2009, 09:56 PM
so if the starting running back of an nfl team doesnt get 4 yards per carry than that offense would be ****** right?...lol...the saints have been the #1 offense 2 out of the 3 years reggie has been there and the trojans were the top rated offense 2 of the 3 years reggie was there as well...he's redefining or should i say creating his own position.

Yeah I mean the #1 offense has nothing to do with Drew Brees or anything like that.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah I mean the #1 offense has nothing to do with Drew Brees or anything like that.

oh and the #1 offense has nothing to do with reggie either right?....HE WAS THE ONLY PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE TO LEAD HIS TEAM IN RUSHING AND RECIEVING YARDS LAST SEASON BEFORE HIS INJURY!!!...reggie is the centerpiece of that offense.

Sniper
07-02-2009, 10:11 PM
oh and the #1 offense has nothing to do with reggie either right?....HE WAS THE ONLY PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE TO LEAD HIS TEAM IN RUSHING AND RECIEVING YARDS LAST SEASON BEFORE HIS INJURY!!!...reggie is the centerpiece of that offense.

Shows you how pathetic the rush offense is, then. Also, 6 1/2-7 games is a pretty damn small sample size.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Shows you how pathetic the rush offense is, then. Also, 6 1/2-7 games is a pretty damn small sample size.

that offfense isnt designed to have great rushing numbers...plus as wicket has tried (seemingly in vein) to point out is that all those swing passes reggie gets are basically toss sweeps....they serve the same purpose and with a guy like reggie you can be uncoventional like that and STILL have the best offense in the league.

07-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Also, he gets injured all the damn time. Seriously. And anyone could get tons of receiving yards by going into the flats. You know what happens when AD does it?

i6Co41nDx3k

That ****** happens. Complete with badass music and all.

Sniper
07-02-2009, 10:16 PM
that offfense isnt designed to have great rushing numbers.

I love Reggie. Really, I do. I do have to ask how come Pierre Thomas' ypc is so much higher than Reggie's.

GB12
07-02-2009, 10:17 PM
I love Reggie. Really, I do. I do have to ask how come Pierre Thomas' ypc is so much higher than Reggie's.
Because he's a better runner.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:20 PM

he doesnt get the same amount of attention from opposing defenses...which is why reggie is the best decoy in the league.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Because he's a better runner.

see how fantasy football poisons minds...i GUARANTEE opposing defensive coordinators would disagree with you.

Beans
07-02-2009, 10:24 PM
reggie is the centerpiece of that offense.

http://eroundlake.com/blog/uploaded_images/brees-733248.jpg

sup bro

Sniper
07-02-2009, 10:25 PM
he doesnt get the same amount of attention from opposing defenses...which is why reggie is the best decoy in the league.

That doesn't make any sense. Adrian Peterson has a career 5.2 ypc average and everyone knows he's getting the ball with no passing game to speak of.

GB12
see how fantasy football poisons minds...i GUARANTEE opposing defensive coordinators would disagree with you.
What the hell does fantasy football have to do with anything?

In the same offense Pierre had 221 more yards and had an average that was a full yard better. Pierre is the better runner. Reggie Bush might be the better all around player, but in terms of running the ball Pierre is better.

Sniper

Thomas is a better runner. Bush is a better athlete and a better weapon.

07-02-2009, 10:26 PM
That doesn't make any sense. Adrian Peterson has a career 5.2 ypc average and everyone knows he's getting the ball with no passing game to speak of.

He's just not good enough to get all that attention even when there's no one else.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:27 PM

sup bro

you got a pic...i got the FACT that reggie was the ONLY player in the league to lead his team in rushing and recieving yards until the injury...he also led the ENTIRE nfl in scoring.

07-02-2009, 10:28 PM

sup bro

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2005/08/12/2002439277.jpg
According to Adrian McPherson, the right guard is the center of the offense.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:29 PM

i LOVE a.d. and i'll admit he's a better pure r.b.....i dare say reggies ypc would be close to that running behind that o.l.

Sniper
07-02-2009, 10:32 PM
i LOVE a.d. and i'll admit he's a better pure r.b.....i dare say reggies ypc would be close to that running behind that o.l.

What about all of the other running backs who have higher ypc than Reggie?

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:34 PM
What the hell does fantasy football have to do with anything?

In the same offense Pierre had 221 more yards and had an average that was a full yard better. Pierre is the better runner. Reggie Bush might be the better all around player, but in terms of running the ball Pierre is better.

you answered your own first question...let me gues pierre is a bettr runner because he has more yards?...lol...just an example so dont get carried away with the madden reference but lets say you play a season and just soo happen to get more yards with a "78" rated r.b. than with a say "94" rated r.b...does that mean the "78" guy is better?...or are other factors involved?...defenses simply dont give pier the overwhelming attention they give bush....but its getting harder to see suttle things like that in this fantsay football era of judging players.

Beans
07-02-2009, 10:34 PM
you got a pic...i got the FACT that reggie was the ONLY player in the league to lead his team in rushing and recieving yards until the injury...he also led the ENTIRE nfl in scoring.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/bob_blog/brees2.jpg

Sniper
07-02-2009, 10:36 PM

7 games is a ******* small sample size.

GB12
07-02-2009, 10:36 PM
That doesn't mean ****. You can't use stats from the first 7 weeks of the season. Besides, it's not even like his stats were even good at that point. He only had 294 rushing yards. Less than 300 yards almost halfway through the season for a number 1 back kind of sucks.

07-02-2009, 10:37 PM
AD has gotten over 294 yards in a single game.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:39 PM
That doesn't mean ****. You can't use stats from the first 7 weeks of the season. Besides, it's not even like his stats were even good at that point. He only had 294 rushing yards. Less than 300 yards almost halfway through the season for a number 1 back kind of sucks.

his stats werent good and 294 rushing yards sucks for a #1 back yet he was the centerpiece to the #1 rated offense in the league and led the nfl in scoring!....i say centerpiece because of the fact that he was the ONLY player in the league to lead his team in rushing and recieving yards.

Sniper
07-02-2009, 10:41 PM
his stats werent good and 294 rushing yards sucks for a #1 back yet he was the centerpiece to the #1 rated offense in the league and led the nfl in scoring!....i say centerpiece because of the fact that he was the ONLY player in the league to lead his team in rushing and recieving yards.

Holy ****, you're really annoying. It'd be impressive if he did it for a whole season. He did it for seven ******* games. Find some new info.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:42 PM
AD has gotten over 294 yards in a single game.

a.d. has never been the centerpiece of a top ranked offense...reggie has for 2of his 3 seasons.

Beans
07-02-2009, 10:42 PM

http://saintsofneworleans.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/drewbreesrecords1.jpg

Sniper
07-02-2009, 10:43 PM
a.d. has never been the centerpiece of a top ranked offense...reggie has for 2of his 3 seasons.

Are you really trying to argue that Bush has done more than Peterson? You can't be. You seriously can't be.

Give Peterson guys like Brees and Colston to work with and he'd put up 2,500 total yards.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Holy ****, you're really annoying. It'd be impressive if he did it for a whole season. He did it for seven ******* games. Find some new info.

he clearly would have if he didnt get injured.

how bout addressing the fact that the swing passes that reggie gets are basically toss sweep running plays!...wonder what his ypc average would go up to if that fact was acknowledeged.

07-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Are you really trying to argue that Bush has done more than Peterson? You can't be. You seriously can't be.

Give Peterson guys like Brees and Colston to work with and he'd put up 2,500 total yards.

Per game.aaa

GB12
07-02-2009, 10:46 PM
you answered your own first question...let me gues pierre is a bettr runner because he has more yards?...lol...just an example so dont get carried away with the madden reference but lets say you play a season and just soo happen to get more yards with a "78" rated r.b. than with a say "94" rated r.b...does that mean the "78" guy is better?...or are other factors involved?...defenses simply dont give pier the overwhelming attention they give bush....but its getting harder to see suttle things like that in this fantsay football era of judging players.
You're making condescending comments about "this fantasy football era of judging players" (which I haven't said anything at all about) and then you use Madden?

" got the FACT that reggie was the ONLY player in the league to lead his team in rushing and recieving yards"

So for your FACT yards matter, but for stats that actually make sense they don't?

Beans

how bout addressing the fact that the swing passes that reggie gets are basically toss sweep running plays!...wonder what his ypc average would go up to if that fact was acknowledeged.

http://www.supersportscenter.com/images/category/805.jpg

Sniper

Right. :rolleyes: I'm sure Marques Colston being out for six games didn't enhance Bush's stats at all. :rolleyes:

The stupidity...it's killing me.

roscoesdad27

well he has led his team to the nfc championship....give bush that vikings o.l. and defense and he would be a super bowl champ by now.

Sniper
07-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Per quarter

Edited for accuracy.

Sniper
07-02-2009, 10:47 PM
well he has led his team to the nfc championship...

No, he ******* didn't.

07-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Per touchEdited for accuracy.

Re-edited for accuracy.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:48 PM
You're making condescending comments about "this fantasy football era of judging players" (which I haven't said anything at all about) and then you use Madden?

" got the FACT that reggie was the ONLY player in the league to lead his team in rushing and recieving yards"

So for your FACT yards matter, but for stats that actually make sense they don't?

I'm not saying reggie is great because of his stats...i'm pointing out that he's CLEARLY the centerpiece of the best offense in football...which is what makes him great!!!

Sniper
07-02-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm not saying reggie is great because of his stats...i'm pointing out that he's CLEARLY the centerpiece of the best offense in football...which is what makes him great!!!

How is he clearly the centerpiece? The offense revolves around Brees.

GB12
07-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Hell no it wouldn't
well he has led his team to the nfc championship....give bush that vikings o.l. and defense and he would be a super bowl champ by now.
Hell no he wouldn't
Hell no he isn't.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Right. :rolleyes: I'm sure Marques Colston being out for six games didn't enhance Bush's stats at all. :rolleyes:

The stupidity...it's killing me.

i love how you edited out the second part to my post you quoted you refuse to address the FACT that reggies swing passes are for all intent and purposes a running play...a toss sweep.

Hurricanes25
07-02-2009, 10:51 PM
g5H7fHGYsgg

chyeah brah.

Reggie Bush got JACKED UP.

GB12
i love how you edited out the second part to my post you quoted you refuse to address the FACT that reggies swing passes are for all intent and purposes a running play...a toss sweep.
How the **** is that a FACT? If it was a FACT wouldn't they count it as rushing yards?

Beans

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/08/31/sports/31Brees.1.600.jpg

Sniper

Who gives a ****? They're considered passing plays. I don't give a flying **** about what they "basically" are. I care about what, you know, they actually are. And when you say "for all intents and purposes", it's not a fact. It's an opinion.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:52 PM
No, he ******* didn't.

the saints didnt mke the nfc championship game in reggies first season?

"a wise man once told me dont argue with fools because people from a distance cant tell who's who"...jay z

07-02-2009, 10:52 PM

Except uhh, on a toss sweep the defense would still be looking at him the whole time. Payton knows that if he runs a real toss sweep, the defense will just attack Reggie and he usually won't get any yards.

Wanna talk about Reggie with AD's offensive line? Let's talk about AD with Drew Brees. Has Reggie seen an eight man front since high school?

Sniper
07-02-2009, 10:53 PM

They did. Arguing that Reggie Bush was the main cause of it is like saying that Todd Pinkston and Dorsey Levens are the reasons the Eagles made the 2004 Super Bowl. Except, you know, Dorsey Levens actually averaged over 4 ypc.

GB12
07-02-2009, 10:53 PM

"a wise man once told me dont argue with fools because people from a distance cant tell who's who"...jay z
You're not arguing with fools. You are the fool.

And that's a FACT.

Sniper
07-02-2009, 10:54 PM

And that's a FACT.

It is anchor-MAN, not anchor-LADY! And that is a scientific fact!

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:56 PM
How the **** is that a FACT? If it was a FACT wouldn't they count it as rushing yards?

loop hole and you know it!

Sniper
07-02-2009, 10:57 PM

Except, you know, when it's not? They're receiving yards. Period. End o' story. Black and white.

Beans
07-02-2009, 10:58 PM

http://thecreoletomato.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/t1_brees.jpg

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Except uhh, on a toss sweep the defense would still be looking at him the whole time. Payton knows that if he runs a real toss sweep, the defense will just attack Reggie and he usually won't get any yards.

Wanna talk about Reggie with AD's offensive line? Let's talk about AD with Drew Brees. Has Reggie seen an eight man front since high school?

the last time reggie played on an offense that focused on letting him be more of a pure runner (last season at usc) he averaged over 10 yards per carry, had over 1600 yards rushing and won the heisman.

OzTitan
07-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Awesome ankle tan lines.

GB12
07-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Alright. Let's count those as rushing yards.

Oh snap! Now with those counted as rushing yards he no longer led his team in rushing and receiving for 7 weeks. Your whole point is ruined.

07-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Arguing with this guy is equivalent to going up against what this young lady goes up against.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1243472187/Teenage_Argentinian_Girl_Commits_Suicide_in_Front_ of_Speeding_Train

Hurricanes25
07-02-2009, 11:01 PM
the last time reggie played on an offense that focused on letting him be more of a pure runner (last season at usc) he averaged over 10 yards per carry, had over 1600 yards rushing and won the heisman.

Im pretty sure that college football is totally different than the NFL.

scottyboy
Did you know Brandon Jacobs is a better running back than Reggie Bush?

SO is Ray Rice.

So is every other running back who doesn't use gimmicky sweeps, screens and receptions to try and look good.

I'm pretty sure if I could be the RB on Brees and have a **** load of yards because they're focusing on Brees, you know the guy who raped D's this year? yea, him. the centerpiece of the O. It's like you've got Beans on ignore, because all his posts are tearing your "argument" to shreds

roscoesdad27
They did. Arguing that Reggie Bush was the main cause of it is like saying that Todd Pinkston and Dorsey Levens are the reasons the Eagles made the 2004 Super Bowl. Except, you know, Dorsey Levens actually averaged over 4 ypc.

did pinkston or levens also have an electric 80 yard touchdown in that particular game?...lol

""a wise man once told me dont argue with fools because people from a distance cant tell who's who"...jay z

Sniper

8.7, but who's counting, right? I'm sure the likes of LenDale White, Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith, Matt Leinart and an OL that was 100x more talented than any DL they played had nothing to do with that, right?

scottyboy
07-02-2009, 11:02 PM

he also split carries with Lenwhale to stay fresh, played against the superior defenses of ASU, Arizona, etc and was on the top team in the nation until they couldn't win the championship. you still lose.

07-02-2009, 11:02 PM

Lol, for one thing he had the PREVIOUS Heisman winner as his QB, two NFL wideouts, the best OL in the whole country and played in a ****** defensive conference. I still doubt he faced a single 8 man front that year.

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 11:03 PM

And that's a FACT.

says the fantasy football player.

Sniper
did pinkston or levens also have an electric 80 yard touchdown in that particular game?...lol

http://www.fallen-legion.eu/news/data/upimages/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

The amount of fail in your arguments has reached astronomical levels. I defer to sabf, Beans and GB12 to...

http://snp.bpb.de/referate/mk4.gif

I need some sleep

E-Man
Since it's only their moves we're talking about, Reggie is better in the pure agility department. Adrian has better moves in terms of overall rushing. He has way more in his arsenal than Bush ever had. Peterson is a guy that can go down as an all time great back. Bush is just an overhyped myth that gets credit for almost anything to make up for the fact that idiots claimed he was the best running back to come out in decades.

scottyboy
07-02-2009, 11:04 PM

you know, Bill Parcells plays fantasy football. because he does, you know more than him about Bush, right?

Hurricanes25
07-02-2009, 11:04 PM
For some reason, I smell a negative rep rape.

GB12
07-02-2009, 11:05 PM
I have said nothing about fantasy football or anything that has anything to do with fantasy football.

You on the other hand tried to make a point by using Madden.

scottyboy
07-02-2009, 11:06 PM
I have said nothing about fantasy football or anything that has anything to do with fantasy football.

You on the other hand tried to make a point by using Madden.

dude, didn't you know that Madden=real life.

Like I traded my first rounder and my 3rd, and got Andre Johnson and won so many Super Bowls. Why dont teams do that in real life? And the ratings are so accurate and important, it's like the players put them in themselves! it means so much!

roscoesdad27
07-02-2009, 11:08 PM
So is every other running back who doesn't use gimmicky sweeps, screens and receptions to try and look good.

how can you call the 2 time number 1 offensive team in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE gimmicky?....thats like undermining what montana and rice did as gimmicky...lol

lordquas
07-02-2009, 11:09 PM
westbrook has the best moves

scottyboy
07-02-2009, 11:10 PM
how can you call the 2 time number 1 offensive team in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE gimmicky?....thats like undermining what montana and rice did as gimmicky...lol

ok, we get it, you like quoting Jay-z. it's just annoying now.

and no, I called Bush's plays gimmicky. He's a gimmicky player. He's not a pure running back.

and number 1 offense. Yea, you know why? Ever heard of Drew Brees, the 3rd best QB in the league? You know, the guy who **** on every defense through the air? yea, that guy.

but no, because Bush put up good numbers in 7 games, he's clearly the reason.

"Stupid people should never talk, Lebron's comin to the Nets, **** yea"...Jay-Z

OzTitan
07-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Normally a skill position player with the biggest contribution in both passing and rushing yards would be the centerpiece of an offense. The only exception that would prevent this is when the QB is elite and takes the title himself.

And in the case of the Saints, Brees easily manages to do this. He went over 5000 yards last season. He *is* the Saints offense.

brat316
07-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Drew Brees is the offense. How does reggie get the ball he gets it from Drew. 5000 yards, sure some of it is going to go to Bush, seeing as the WR are injured for 90 percent of the time/don't have a consistent target to throw to.

Saints-Tigers
07-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Brees is the centerpiece, that doesn't take away how impressive Reggie was before going down with injury.

A hand off, a glorified screen, I don't really care how Reggie gets the yards. Yards are yards, touchdowns are touchdowns.

d34ng3l021
07-03-2009, 12:35 AM
I don't understand how the QB who averages 4600 yards on a 65.6% comp. rate with 29 TDs a year averages from since he has arrived in the city is not the focal point of an offense because rEgGie bUsH LEAd his tEaM iN rUsHinG anD reCeiVinG fOr aLmOst 7 gAmEs!!!11shift+1!

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/football/nfl/01/06/offensive-poy.ap/drew-brees.jpg

^^ thats the QB btw. incase you forgot.

Mr. Stiller
07-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Anyone up for comparing "who's got better moves" between Barry Sanders and Earl Campbell

E-Man
07-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Anyone up for comparing "who's got better moves" between Barry Sanders and Earl Campbell

It's obviously Earl Campbell. Have you tasted his hot links? Hot links=98 agility in Madden. Therefore Earl>Barry in the moves department.

GhostDeini
07-03-2009, 02:36 AM
LoLat this guy with JayZ quotes...Peterson is so much better in everything football related it's pretty dumb arguing over it. Reggie Bust has not cracked 4 YPC yet. Dude is still stuck in the PAC1. He is on pace to be biggest bust NFL has ever seen. Another 560 yard rushing season with 3.7 YPC and he should just retire with shame. On the other hand, Peterson could set/break any rushing record in any game he plays in.http://bp2.blogger.com/_szGb_olOybs/SFuTMhXzR4I/AAAAAAAACEc/PXGo2B8LeV8/s400/jay+crazy+glasses.jpg

Crazy_Chris
07-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Roscoe, your extremely well thought out and articulate arguement has moved me. I truly cannot believe I had not seen the light before laying my eyes on this thread.

Guys, you shouldn't argue with roscoe, you are all in denial we just need to accept that Reggie Bush is a god amongst men. How could anyone think that lil boy Drew Brees is the centerpiece of that offense, why thats just Preposterous!. Did you guys even see what happened to that offense when Reggie wasn't playing? It was an absolute mess of epic proportions. I mean if Drew Brees were to get injured that offense wouldn't miss a beat because it would still have Reggie.

Also ever since being informed of Reggie Bush's amazing accomplishment of leading his team in Rushing and Recieving yards through out 7 games I have come to a realization...

Now I have absolutly no doubt that next season not only will Reggie lead his team in Rushing and Recieving yards. He will lead the NFL in both rushing yards and recieving. All while breaking numerous records including Randy Moss's and both of Ladainian Tomlinson's records with 25 Recieveing TDs and 34 Rushing TDs for a combined 59 Touchdowns.

Roscoe don't let these guys blasphemous arguments filled with common sense,reason, and a silly thing called logic bring you down. Stick to your guns keep quoting Jay-Z, and use Madden as an example as much as possible.

:rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

Gay Ork Wang
07-03-2009, 03:59 AM
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2162/facepam1.gif

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1802/1199252262731.jpg

But Forte lead the team in Rushing and receptions over a whole season.

Best back ever?

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
07-03-2009, 05:58 AM
I'm not gonna try to clown on you, Roscoe, but even Drew Brees was recently quoted as saying Pierre Thomas is the BEST running back on the team.

Everyone on this board would love to have a potential weapon like Bush on their squad, but he's nowhere near as productive out of the backfield as he should be.

I thought Reggie was gonna be the second coming of Marshall Faulk, but as of right now he's just a RB who catches passes, but has difficulty producing on the ground.

I don't know why, but in the NFL lined up behind the LOS, Bush just isn't much of a facter rushing the ball.

There's something off about his running style, his vision, that keeps him from producing between the tackles.
It's like he runs soft/a little scared to get hit.

When folks are putting you in the HOF as a rookie, anything less than 1300yds a season is busted.

The poll question is very interesting, because it specifically asks who's better at making people miss; normally you would think Reggie because of all his highlight plays in the open field he had at USC.

But if you think about it, dudes are so worried about getting trucked by AD in the open field that they put themselves in ackward tackling positions, ( READ: head down), that Adrian Peterson one cuts and is by them.

Really, it's about a wash; once AD busts open IMO he's elusive and more powerful than almost any RB playing the game.

Sniper
07-03-2009, 08:57 AM
For some reason, I smell a negative rep rape.

I'm a little surprised that it didn't happen.

datchapin
07-03-2009, 01:52 PM
As far as better moves between RB and AD I think I gotta give it to RB, cuz really, AD doesn't need all them moves, he'll just run you over. However Reggie is nowhere near being the shiftiest back. A shifty back can get through traffic. Bush can't he needs open field to operate. Please don't compare him to Sanders, Sanders could weave through traffic like nobody's business. Me I think Slaton smokes Bush in being shifty. Check out around the 1 min mark on this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOWeiYAhEyU

No way I'm saying Slaton comes close to Sanders, but that play reminded me of him a lil'. JMHO.

General Zod
07-03-2009, 02:27 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/08/31/sports/31Brees.1.600.jpg

Just a side note, I went to high school with Britteny. She was in my class. She was probably the biggest snob in high school. No one liked her. lol

I had the honor of one night during a party our senior year of holding her hair up while she projectile vomited into a bath tub, due to doing one to many beer bongs.

I'll tell my grandkids this story.

cunit2k9
07-07-2009, 06:38 PM
how can anyone be elusive when they dont even average 4 ypc? Bush benefits from an offense in which they throw short passes to him and he gets a few yards. Not hard to throw to the running back every down. Great for stats but that is why the Saints will never be more than an average team.

07-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I can't believe I completely missed this.

This was actually a serious question?

wicket
07-07-2009, 06:45 PM
how can anyone be elusive when they dont even average 4 ypc? Bush benefits from an offense in which they throw short passes to him and he gets a few yards. Not hard to throw to the running back every down. Great for stats but that is why the Saints will never be more than an average team.

this post is so full of fail i barely know where to begin

how can anyone be elusive when they dont even average 4 ypc?
Because he cant run between the tackles and the saints have bad run blockers on the OLine
Bush benefits from an offense in which they throw short passes to him and he gets a few yards.
And yards from passes dont count?
Not hard to throw to the running back every down.
Yeah cause Brees had a 5000+ yard season last year with no player having more than 1000 yards receiving, they really do the same every play.
Great for stats but that is why the Saints will never be more than an average team
Yeah cause the problem with the saints was the offense

07-07-2009, 07:49 PM
this post is so full of fail i barely know where to begin

Name the last super bowl champion that couldn't grind it out on the ground when they had to. Passing yards are nice, but you can't win championships without being able to grind it out on the ground when necessary.

roscoesdad27
07-07-2009, 09:07 PM

its worth noting that the saints were #1 in total offense 2 of the 3 years they have been "throwing to the r.b. every down"...lol

Sniper
07-07-2009, 09:13 PM
its worth noting that the saints were #1 in total offense 2 of the 3 years they have been "throwing to the r.b. every down"...lol

And what has that brought them in the playoffs?

roscoesdad27
07-07-2009, 09:14 PM
And what has that brought them in the playoffs?

they beat your eagles and got to the nfc championship game!!!!!

Sniper
07-07-2009, 09:18 PM

Well, clearly, that's a great barometer of playoff success. Beating the Eagles in the playoffs isn't hard. It's still led them to zero Super Bowls, which, last I checked, is the best way to determine success in the NFL. 2 playoff games in three seasons, and no Super Bowls. Obviously, that's amazing.

07-07-2009, 09:21 PM

What? Is this horseshoes? Did Tennessee win the Super Bowl because they almost got into the endzone at the end there? No. Close doesn't count.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/dartmarc2291984/ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpg

roscoesdad27
07-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Well, clearly, that's a great barometer of playoff success. Beating the Eagles in the playoffs isn't hard. It's still led them to zero Super Bowls, which, last I checked, is the best way to determine success in the NFL.

so under this line of rational than adrian peterson is unsuccessful in your book too?...lol

"a wise man once told me dont argue with fools, cause people from a distance cant tell who's who
so stop with that childish **** jigga i'm grown, PLEASE leave it alone dont throw rocks at the throne"...jay z

Sniper
07-07-2009, 09:23 PM
so under this line of rational than adrian peterson is unsuccessful in your book too?...lol

No, but Adrian Peterson is still much better and a much bigger part of his offense than Reggie Bush.

And we get it. You like to repeat the same Jay-Z quote over and over again even when it's been proven that you're the fool in the argument. Good job. We got it. No need to post it every time.

roscoesdad27
07-07-2009, 09:23 PM
What? Is this horseshoes? Did Tennessee win the Super Bowl because they almost got into the endzone at the end there? No. Close doesn't count.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/dartmarc2291984/ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpg

yea but sniper was implying that the saints have had no playoff success with reggie....tony romo, now thats no playoff success...smell me pimpin?

Sniper
07-07-2009, 09:25 PM
yea but sniper was implying that the saints have had no playoff success with reggie....tony romo, now thats no playoff success...smell me pimpin?

http://myspace.roflposters.com/images/rofl/myspace/1212348932002.jpg.[roflposters.com].myspace.jpg

roscoesdad27
07-07-2009, 09:28 PM
No, but Adrian Peterson is still much better and a much bigger part of his offense than Reggie Bush.

on one hand...but on the other reggie has only 2 playoff appearances, which he came up HUGE in btw.

"It's still led them to zero Super Bowls, which, last I checked, is the best way to determine success in the NFL."...sniper

barry sanders had very little playoff success thruout his career and played terribly in those games...does that make him suck?

"i'm soo good, i'm soo str8, your soo fake, i'm soo real, i'm sooooo hood"...lil wayne

07-07-2009, 09:32 PM

"a wise man once told me dont argue with fools, cause people from a distance cant tell who's who
so stop with that childish **** jigga i'm grown, PLEASE leave it alone dont throw rocks at the throne"...jay z

Adrian Peterson is following along a pattern that has gained great success. By running the ball about as well as any man has run the football in the history of the NFL. This ability to run the football has been used by every Super Bowl champion in recent memory. I'm still waiting for you to name a team that couldn't effectively run the ball when the chips were down and won the super bowl.

Reggie Bush and the Saints have been trying to create a new mold for winning Super Bowls, the idea that the running game isn't so important, that short passes and tosses to the flats(practically sweeps, in your own words) can take the place of a running game. The Patriots did it a lot like this the first time, as well. However, they were still able to run the ball when they had to and had a ridiculous defense. The Saints can't consistently run the ball. The year they had the most success, Deuce McAllister could consistently move the ball on the ground, something Reggie Bush has never shown.

I'm gonna go ahead and compare Reggie Bush to scrambling QBs that can't throw. Both of them help you get some nice offensive numbers. Both of them can stop you from being a terrible team. But both have drawbacks. When playing against a defense that is slow or can't tackle or just doesn't keep contain, Vince Young or Mike Vick would run wild. Their team would win the game. But when they faced a good defense, they could no longer run around freely and were forced into passing, meeting with results ranging from merely sub-par to downright disastrous. Sure, they might have a big play here or there, but they wouldn't be able to consistently gain yardage.

Reggie Bush is the same way. Destroys guys who can't stop him. But when a defense has a solid system in place to stop him, he gets cut down. He's damn lucky too, because it's very rare a team has enough faith in stopping Drew Brees to afford to use energy on Reggie Bush.

Sniper
07-07-2009, 09:34 PM
on one hand...but on the other reggie has only 2 playoff appearances, which he came up HUGE in btw.

Great. The fact still remains that Reggie Bush was MAYBE the third-most important player on his own offense, yet you're trying to give him credit for everything the Saints have done. That team would be nothing without Drew Brees and Marques Colston.

"It's still led them to zero Super Bowls, which, last I checked, is the best way to determine success in the NFL."...sniper

barry sanders had very little playoff success thruout his career and played terribly in those games...does that make him suck?

Barry Sanders played on atrocious teams with barely any passing game to speak of. Barry Sanders also never had a season where he finished with less than 1,115 rushing yards, a 4.3 ypc average, and 3 touchdowns. To even mention the two in the same breath on a professional level is insulting and degrading to the greatness of Barry Sanders.

"i'm soo good, i'm soo str8, your soo fake, i'm soo real, i'm sooooo hood"...lil wayne

Congrats, moving on from Jay-Z. I'm sure Lil Wayne is pumped that some wannabe white tough guy from Baltimore is using his lyrics to try to win an e-argument.

Sniper
07-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Let me know when Reggie Bush puts up anything like Barry Sanders' 1997 season, and we'll talk.

335 carries, 2,053 yards, 6.1 ypc, 11 touchdowns
33 catches, 302 yards, 9.2 ypc, 3 touchdowns

roscoesdad27
07-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Great. The fact still remains that Reggie Bush was MAYBE the third-most important player on his own offense, yet you're trying to give him credit for everything the Saints have done. That team would be nothing without Drew Brees and Marques Colston.

Barry Sanders played on atrocious teams with barely any passing game to speak of. Barry Sanders also never had a season where he finished with less than 1,115 rushing yards, a 4.3 ypc average, and 3 touchdowns. To even mention the two in the same breath on a professional level is insulting and degrading to the greatness of Barry Sanders.

Congrats, moving on from Jay-Z. I'm sure Lil Wayne is pumped that some wannabe white tough guy from Baltimore is using his lyrics to try to win an e-argument.

1) how is he the third most importan player on offense?...before his injury last season he was the ONLY player in the leage to lead his team in rushing and recieving yards...on top of that he was leading the nfl in scoring whilst being the best decoy in the league...thats centerpiece material

2) i love barry but if YOUR gonna attempt to boil the argument down to "playoff/superbowl success" to determine a players legitimacy than i'm gonna undermine you back....barry was notoriously bad in the playoffs whilst reggie was phenominal in the playoffs.

3) theres a difference between a "wannabe" and a white dude from the hood homie!

roscoesdad27
07-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Let me know when Reggie Bush puts up anything like Barry Sanders' 1997 season, and we'll talk.

335 carries, 2,053 yards, 6.1 ypc, 11 touchdowns
33 catches, 302 yards, 9.2 ypc, 3 touchdowns

let me know when barry makes the nfc championship game.

Originally Posted by Sniper
Well, clearly, that's a great barometer of playoff success. Beating the Eagles in the playoffs isn't hard. It's still led them to zero Super Bowls, which, last I checked, is the best way to determine success in the NFL.

roscoesdad27
07-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Adrian Peterson is following along a pattern that has gained great success. By running the ball about as well as any man has run the football in the history of the NFL. This ability to run the football has been used by every Super Bowl champion in recent memory. I'm still waiting for you to name a team that couldn't effectively run the ball when the chips were down and won the super bowl.

Reggie Bush and the Saints have been trying to create a new mold for winning Super Bowls, the idea that the running game isn't so important, that short passes and tosses to the flats(practically sweeps, in your own words) can take the place of a running game. The Patriots did it a lot like this the first time, as well. However, they were still able to run the ball when they had to and had a ridiculous defense. The Saints can't consistently run the ball. The year they had the most success, Deuce McAllister could consistently move the ball on the ground, something Reggie Bush has never shown.

I'm gonna go ahead and compare Reggie Bush to scrambling QBs that can't throw. Both of them help you get some nice offensive numbers. Both of them can stop you from being a terrible team. But both have drawbacks. When playing against a defense that is slow or can't tackle or just doesn't keep contain, Vince Young or Mike Vick would run wild. Their team would win the game. But when they faced a good defense, they could no longer run around freely and were forced into passing, meeting with results ranging from merely sub-par to downright disastrous. Sure, they might have a big play here or there, but they wouldn't be able to consistently gain yardage.

Reggie Bush is the same way. Destroys guys who can't stop him. But when a defense has a solid system in place to stop him, he gets cut down. He's damn lucky too, because it's very rare a team has enough faith in stopping Drew Brees to afford to use energy on Reggie Bush.

yet marshall faulk has more superbowl rings than barry sanders, adrian peterson and eric dickerson COMBINED.

Sniper
07-07-2009, 10:06 PM
1) how is he the third most importan player on offense?...before his injury last season he was the ONLY player in the leage to lead his team in rushing and recieving yards

I'm not sure how many times I have to explain this to you, but I'll try one more time. I'll go slowly.

It...was...seven...games. One more time. It...was...seven...games. A couple of years ago, Donovan McNabb led the league in passing yards after something like 6-7 games. He fell off after that. Seven games is a ridiculously small sample size and definitely not something that you can substantially base an argument on.

on top of that he was leading the nfl in scoring whilst being the best decoy in the league...thats centerpiece material

A centerpiece isn't a decoy, and a centerpiece doesn't average 3.8 yards per carry. That's insanely stupid.

2) i love barry but if YOUR gonna attempt to boil the argument down to "playoff/superbowl success" to determine a players legitimacy

Clearly, you missed the day where they covered your/you're in English class "in the hood".

than i'm gonna undermine you back....barry was notoriously bad in the playoffs whilst reggie was phenominal in the playoffs.

You know what's funny? Barry was "notoriously bad" in the playoffs and yet still has a career ypc of 4.2 in the playoffs, while Reggie Bush, the star of all stars, has a career regular season ypc average of 3.7 and you can't stop riding his nuts.

Reggie Bush's "phenomenal" (hooray for spelling! A tip: Don't use big words that you don't know how to spell) playoff numbers.

Vs. Philly- 12 carries, 52 yards, 4.3 ypc, 1 TD
3 catches, 22 yards, 7.3 ypc, 0 TD

Vs. Chicago- 4 carries, 19 yards, 4.8 ypc
7 catches, 132 yards, 1 TD

So, he had one good game in one facet of the game. Yup, really "phenomenal".

Sniper
07-07-2009, 10:10 PM
let me know when barry makes the nfc championship game.

WHO GIVES A FLYING **** ABOUT THE NFC TITLE GAME? IT DOESN'T ******* MEAN ANYTHING! If you don't win the Super Bowl, it DOES NOT ******* MATTER. Jesus Christ, how ******* dense are you? My team's made the NFC title game more times than anyone in the 2000s, yet it still doesn't ******* mean a thing to me. Barry also never had the supporting cast that Bush has. It's not even close. If Barry had had a Drew Brees-type QB to work with, there's no doubt that they would have made your precious NFC title game. There's no comparison between the two as players, and there's no comparison between the supporting cast that the two had.

Real gangstas don't use the same quote over and over again.

Sniper
07-07-2009, 10:12 PM
This whole thread is pointless. Arguing with someone who thinks that Reggie Bush is a better player than Adrian Peterson is futile. I'm done with this clown. Thank God for the "remove subscription to this thread" feature.

roscoesdad27
07-07-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm not sure how many times I have to explain this to you, but I'll try one more time. I'll go slowly.

[QUOTE]It...was...seven...games. One more time. It...was...seven...games. A couple of years ago, Donovan McNabb led the league in passing yards after something like 6-7 games. He fell off after that. Seven games is a ridiculously small sample size and definitely not something that you can substantially base an argument on.

seven games is about half a season man...amd reggie showed no signs of slowing down...i.e. a couple years back brady led the nfl in throwing yardage and he led them at the end of the season too...same with l.t. a few years back and so on.

A centerpiece isn't a decoy, and a centerpiece doesn't average 3.8 yards per carry. That's insanely stupid.

quit cherry pickin...along with being the best decoy in the league, pre injury reggie ALSO was the only person in the league to lead his team in recieving and rushing yards...he ALSO led the NFL in scoring...if thats not a centerpiece than what is?

Clearly, you missed the day where they covered your/you're in English class "in the hood".

pardon me mark twain

You know what's funny? Barry was "notoriously bad" in the playoffs and yet still has a career ypc of 4.2 in the playoffs, while Reggie Bush, the star of all stars, has a career regular season ypc average of 3.7 and you can't stop riding his nuts.

Reggie Bush's "phenomenal" (hooray for spelling! A tip: Don't use big words that you don't know how to spell) playoff numbers.

Vs. Philly- 12 carries, 52 yards, 4.3 ypc, 1 TD
3 catches, 22 yards, 7.3 ypc, 0 TD

Vs. Chicago- 4 carries, 19 yards, 4.8 ypc
7 catches, 132 yards, 1 TD

so in the playoffs when it mattered most reggie has a higher ypc average than barry sanders's career mark and you try to undermine it!...lol

Beans
07-07-2009, 10:21 PM
oh is this thread still alive

http://media.2theadvocate.com/images/drew+brees_090207.jpg

07-07-2009, 11:22 PM
yet marshall faulk has more superbowl rings than barry sanders, adrian peterson and eric dickerson COMBINED.

I missed the part where Reggie Bush was on Faulk's level. Faulk was vastly better, at EVERYTHING. Just because he's a dual threat back doesn't mean he CANT run the ball. Ladainian Tomlinson is a great receiving back. He can(or at least could) run the ball. Brian Westbrook is a great receiving back. He can run the damn ball. Marshall Faulk was a great receiving back, who could run the ball. Reggie Bush is a great receiving back, who is utterly incapable of running the ball, to the point where Pierre Thomas is a more effective runner.

tjsunstein
07-07-2009, 11:31 PM
This is so stupid, it's unbelievable. He obviously isn't going to sway his opinion because his street cred in the hood will go down one notch if he concedes defeat but instead he will use examples of Hall of Fame Running Backs to back his argument when they are completely irrelevant to the matter. There is no use in trying, really.

It's rather entertaining reading through these posts, though.

07-07-2009, 11:39 PM
"Houston, we have a problem
Damn right, I'm it.
I'm the human feces, that's right
THE ****
I'm a NASCAR driver, my wheels swerve when I drive in it
If it costs less than 6 figures I can't ride in it"

General Zod
07-08-2009, 12:17 AM
I like Wendys french fries the best. A lot of people think that McDonalds has the best french fries, but I like Wendys a lot.

oh wait, I need a rap quote to end my statement....

"Informer, you no say daddy me snow me Ill go blame,
A licky boom boom down.
Detective mon said daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane,
A licky boom boom down." ~ Snow

SaintsMan
07-08-2009, 02:37 AM
I got into an argument recently with all of my saints fan friends (I live like 10 mins outside of New Orleans). After about an hour of ignorant, homer debates about how great the saints are, we got to one that I think will be of interest to you guys...I made the argument that AD has better jukes/moves/shakes/whatever u want to call it than Bush. I'm not talking about power, natural running instincts, vision or anything else like that...we all now Peterson dominates Bush in those areas. I'm talking solely about the ability to make people whiff. Who do you think is better...Peterson or Bush?

I've posted videos of each so you can see what they look like in action.

Peterson's 2008 season
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G1nDBW4pyeE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G1nDBW4pyeE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bush's career
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7Ubvj4Uf3U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7Ubvj4Uf3U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i think the best juke for reggie is the play at 3:05.. he broke the ankles of that 49er db

djp
07-08-2009, 03:31 AM
Peterson is just so god damn fun to watch live. It's just amazing.

wicket
07-08-2009, 04:20 AM
Name the last super bowl champion that couldn't grind it out on the ground when they had to. Passing yards are nice, but you can't win championships without being able to grind it out on the ground when necessary.

that could be said for the colts, besides that I've never said that a good rushing attack is not important. Besides that, in the last two superbowls were two pass-only teams (they might not have won but they still got there and both came rediculously close to winning it).

Gay Ork Wang
07-08-2009, 04:30 AM
I dont think you understand how much can change over the course of the season

in 2006, the first 5-7 games, Rex Grossman was a MVP candidate.

SugarSean
07-08-2009, 07:36 AM
I'll get in on this since I started the thread. People that constantly defend bush are people that do NOT watch the saints play. He is vastly overrated in the offense and whoever was the dude saying that bush is the centerpiece of the saints offense is a downright ******. There is not a single coordinator in the league that watches film on the saints and is dumb enough to say that priority number one is to stop bush over Brees. Brees is the talent on that offense...he's the guy you want to stop. Perfect evidence to support this fact is that is that when bush gets more than 15 touches the offense averages 401.2 ypg. When he has 15 or less and they average 415.5.

Anybody that watches the saints can see that bush hinders the offense. Payton gets too cutesy when bush is in the game and he doesn't stretch the field to his receivers, doesn't establish an inside running game and attempts much too many unnecessary trick plays...it's a soft offense when he gets the majority of the touches. I don't think for one second that bush is a bad player but he is bad for the saints offense...don't get me wrong there are quite a few teams that he would help immensely but the saints are not one of them. When bush isn't in the game, the saints run a real, effective and dominate REAL football offense. They establish the run, spread the ball, stretch the field, limit gimmick plays and, most importantly, eat up clock and keep their defense rested and off the field.

edit: this doesn't include his rookie year. Although he wasn't the best pure runner in the league, he was more than satisfactory and he lived up to the hype as a weapon, playmaker and overall football player. Since then, though, its been much more hype than results.

SugarSean
07-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Now on to the original topic. I'm kinda surprised of the results of the thread, kinda not. Adrian Peterson is far more agile and far more elusive (in the NFL) and has much better moves than reggie.

A guy earlier pointed out bush's move at 3:05 on the highlight tape. It was a nice move, don't get me wrong, but it's a move that probably 85% of the runners in the NFL can make. It looked nice, but you're SUPPOSED to be able to shake a safety 20 yards down the field in wide open space when you have a full head of steam and he's not broken down. That's easy. It's like a 3 or 4 on a scale of 1-10. I think some of you need to consider that the highlight reel of bush is fanmade...meaning one of his fans thought that the plays highlighted were his most spectacular. Much like when I watch him week in and week out, i'm not impressed.

I look at the two videos like this...of all runs btwn the two of them, who had the higher degree of difficulty when they made people miss? Peterson. Excluding purely running defenders over, who made the first man miss more often? Peterson.

I think bush's best/most difficult moves were against the 49ers at 0:45 and 1:20, against the Jags at 4:55 and against the Bucs at 5:40. Again, the majority of these are on swing passes, in open space and on cornerbacks...that's not too difficult. Almost any NFL RB can do that. Peterson on the other hand makes jaw-dropping/high difficulty cuts on the regular. It's Peterson, to me no question.

Gay Ork Wang
07-08-2009, 08:10 AM
i thought thats what u are talking about: making people miss in open space.
Everyone knows Peterson is the better NFL RB

SugarSean
07-08-2009, 08:17 AM
No, no, no. The question is who's better at making people miss. If you're talking about who's better at making cornerbacks miss in open space then it's a tie...not just between Bush and Peterson, but also between about 30 other running backs. That's not difficult at all. I'm talking about the ability to make people miss OVERALL, which includes, in space, in the box, in traffic, etc.

07-08-2009, 11:34 AM
that could be said for the colts, besides that I've never said that a good rushing attack is not important. Besides that, in the last two superbowls were two pass-only teams (they might not have won but they still got there and both came rediculously close to winning it).

In 2006, Joe Addai averaged 4.8 yards per carry, and nearly got 1100(1081). Colts were a team that didn't run the ball often, but certainly could if they wanted to. Pats and Cards couldn't run the ball when the chips were down, both blew late leads.

Mr. Stiller
07-08-2009, 04:20 PM

Pittsburgh

07-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Pittsburgh
Ha, wow. I guess the Steelers' reputation as a grind it out team fooled me on that one, but they sucked balls at running last year. Kudos to you for thinking of that.

etk
07-08-2009, 05:03 PM

Sup fool?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRINiiibPR4

yoooooo Sniper what's good homie?

I take Adrian Peterson in this thread. His moves are more efficient as he gets upfield quicker. Obviously Bush is more likely to break your angles and has more eye-catching moves, but his moves are slow developing. For every amazing Bush run there are several where he tries to do too much and loses potential yardage. Peterson gets the job done. He's the best in the league at running from color and avoiding tacklers.