PDA

View Full Version : Class Act Passes

ChefMike
07-05-2009, 11:27 AM
I am quite sure everyone has heard that Steve McNair was murdered. Despite the rumored reason for the shooting it was a tragedy for such a young man and one was such a class act on the field.

What does everyone think his legacy will be ??

EdReedUnstoppable
07-05-2009, 12:46 PM
His legacy will be as one of the toughest guys that ever played.

As for my personal opinion on him, I liked him early in his career. Wasn't a huge fan of him while he was here, because by the time we got him he was so beat up and used up that he didnt have much left. One thing that does annoy me is the "what a classy guy" comments that I keep hearing. IMPO your not "classy" if you cheat on your wife, and you get DUI's and you have unregistered guns in your glove compartment when you're pulled over for DUI's. That said it's always sad to lose someone, especially prematurely and for such a senseless cause as this probably was, he will be missed and may he rest in peace.

ChewyRaven318
07-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Just an absolutely terrible day in the sports world. I personally never thought he was the greatest QB in B-more(I was a bigger Vinny fan), but I loved what he provided to the offense in '06, and it's a shame he faltered in '07, but it happens when your body catches up to you. He was one of my favorite players to watch, but he's not going to be a HOF QB either way(at least I hope not..he was a great player, but it'd be a little much IMO).

Regardless, it's just a tragedy what happened to him, and I'm not gonna comment on his personal life in here, because that just doesn't matter right now.

RIP Air McNair.

Prowler
07-05-2009, 08:21 PM
i always admired his toughness. he seemed to always put it all on the line and his body took a pretty bad beating almost every game. an ultimate teammate.