PDA

View Full Version : 10 NFL players who need to re-locate

DuckHunt
07-05-2009, 04:03 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/212314-10-players-who-need-to-re-locate

Article on 10 Players in the NFL who could benefit from re-locating. Thoughts on the article....also what other players could benefit from a change of scenery in the NFL?

This is to get some good discussion going...what do you agree with...what do you disagree with?

Addict
07-05-2009, 04:21 PM
agree with every single one if you want to destroy parity altogether.

BeerBaron
07-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Idonije seriously looked like the Bears best defensive player at times last year. At times when the rest of d-line suddenly forgot what it mean to "rush the passer," there was Idonije taking on double teams and still getting close to the QB.

I hope he doesnt' go anywhere.

the decider13
07-05-2009, 05:02 PM
That was a crazy stupid list...take good players from bad teams and make those teams worse.

This is almost as bad as an article I read how the good picks should go to good teams so the best players play on good teams. Yes, it is that bad.

wicket
07-05-2009, 05:03 PM
i call bs, just take a player with talent that has little talent around him and ***** about it or do stabs at teams with qb troubles by saying the receivers have bad luck with that qb. damn that list was lame

iowatreat54
07-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Oh, wait. So if you take the good players, surround them with other good players, they will be better?

No ****. While we're at it, why don't we just cut the NFL down to 2 teams: the Harlem Globetrotters and the Washington Generals.

Seriously, this was dumb.

Addict
07-05-2009, 05:48 PM
I love how all the reactions on this article have been "this is stupid"

TitleTown088
07-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Idonije seriously looked like the Bears best defensive player at times last year. At times when the rest of d-line suddenly forgot what it mean to "rush the passer," there was Idonije taking on double teams and still getting close to the QB.

I hope he doesnt' go anywhere. What the heck ever happened to Anderson? Didn't he have like 14 sacks his rookie season? Did he get hurt or just start sucking?

Shane P. Hallam
07-05-2009, 08:15 PM
People likely didn't read the whole list. After the first few names, they get to players just in bad situations who have the talent to contribute. Like Leon Washington, Billy Volek, etc.

d34ng3l021
07-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Leon Washington can mirror Brian Westbrook's role? Uh...

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-05-2009, 08:20 PM
"In a 3-4 defense, Williams hasn't been able to showcase his talent."

DJ Williams has never played in a 3-4 defense. Not the correct time to use the past tense.

whatadai
07-05-2009, 08:24 PM
People likely didn't read the whole list. After the first few names, they get to players just in bad situations who have the talent to contribute. Like Leon Washington, Billy Volek, etc.

No. It's a dumb list because it's common sense. Put good players together and they'll do better. Put decent players with good players and the decent player will do better. It's just a "really? no ****!" moment. The author tried to make it seem as if its a novel idea, but everyone knows these teams are called the Pro Bowl teams. Everyone also knows that making these perfect teams would leave the league with only 2 very good teams while all the other teams fold due to lack of fans. These 2 teams would also be unable to pay all their players and fold also causing the NFL to go bankrupt. Everyone also knows that these players haven't had the chance to be traded or sign with another team. It was just a dumb idea. It was just an article to probably fill number of article requirements for the writer to get his monthly check.

And yes...I know Pro Bowl teams don't always have the best players...but they're suppose to and that's the point.

phlysac
07-05-2009, 08:42 PM
It's bleacherreport.

awfullyquiet
07-05-2009, 09:11 PM
What the heck ever happened to Anderson? Didn't he have like 14 sacks his rookie season? Did he get hurt or just start sucking?

people figured him out. injury. sucking. all of the above.

Shane P. Hallam
07-05-2009, 09:24 PM
No. It's a dumb list because it's common sense. Put good players together and they'll do better. Put decent players with good players and the decent player will do better. It's just a "really? no ****!" moment. The author tried to make it seem as if its a novel idea, but everyone knows these teams are called the Pro Bowl teams. Everyone also knows that making these perfect teams would leave the league with only 2 very good teams while all the other teams fold due to lack of fans. These 2 teams would also be unable to pay all their players and fold also causing the NFL to go bankrupt. Everyone also knows that these players haven't had the chance to be traded or sign with another team. It was just a dumb idea. It was just an article to probably fill number of article requirements for the writer to get his monthly check.

And yes...I know Pro Bowl teams don't always have the best players...but they're suppose to and that's the point.

Did you even read the list? Is Billy Volek a Pro Bowler? No. That has nothing to do with this. The list is who would excel if they were in a different situation. So, yes, great players on crappy teams would. Good players who are in bad situations would. And decent players who are backing up guys would. That is what the list is about.

whatadai
07-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Did you even read the list? Is Billy Volek a Pro Bowler? No. That has nothing to do with this. The list is who would excel if they were in a different situation. So, yes, great players on crappy teams would. Good players who are in bad situations would. And decent players who are backing up guys would. That is what the list is about.

Yes, I did read it all. It's pretty much the same logic. Volek isn't a Pro Bowler, but take any backup and make him a full-time starter on any team would make his stats better. The whole article is just taking the best players from the worst teams and putting them on the best teams that have complements to that player, or taking decent players who are backups and putting them on teams where there position is crap so they may start. What I'm saying is it's a dumb article because anyone could have done that, since this is all AFTER the moves and the results of such moves have been shown. Coaches and GMs couldn't have seen all this coming, just like Young sucking after his first season. It doesn't even show any real writing or analysis.

yourfavestoner
07-05-2009, 10:04 PM
That article is gold simply because of this quote:
The only way Volek should see the field as a Charger is if Phillip Rivers tears his labia in an estrogen-fueled shouting match with Jay Cutler.

Hurricanes25
07-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I stopped reading after Leon. Leon is not like Westbrook at all. No way can Leon be an every down back.

Brent
07-05-2009, 11:19 PM
I like the Tyler Thigpen one, I would love to see a team give him a serious shot. I am concerned as to how Marty B would be for another team. Vernon isn't in a bad situation, as he was just not used by Martz, and he cannot catch a ball over the shoulder. Also, Volek had a chance to go somewhere and start when his contract in Tennessee ended a few years back, but opted to re-sign, and then eventually ended up in SD. I think he was content being a back up.

TitanHope
07-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Absolutely disagree with Antonio Bryant, Vernon Davis, Calvin Johnson, and Nnamdi Asomugha.

I don't think Idonije should be moved, but he definitely should be getting more praise than he's received.

Concerns about DJ Williams in a 3-4 are valid, so I have no problem with that. Hopefully for the Broncos sake he can play in a 3-4 just fine.

Leon Washington is kind of "eh." Great special teams returner, so with that as his primary role, there's no reason to move him. It'd be cool to see him get more carries though, but with Thomas Jones in front of him, opportunities are leftovers.

Tyler Thigpen and Billy Volek are kind of the same situation. Great backups who can start if needed, but aren't necessarily ideal starters in the NFL.

Martellus Bennett has been in the league one season. Kind of too early to say that he's too good to be a backup, especially to one of the best TE's in the NFL. *shrug* If he does continue to progress though, I suppose he'd either be re-signed long-term to replace Witten or leave to help another team.

The Legend
07-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Ram's should trade for Tyler Thigpen

TitleTown088
07-06-2009, 12:49 AM
I like the Tyler Thigpen one, I would love to see a team give him a serious shot. I am concerned as to how Marty B would be for another team. Vernon isn't in a bad situation, as he was just not used by Martz, and he cannot catch a ball over the shoulder. Also, Volek had a chance to go somewhere and start when his contract in Tennessee ended a few years back, but opted to re-sign, and then eventually ended up in SD. I think he was content being a back up. I bet the Queens are glad they cut him. Oh wait, they're going to have Brett Faver.

CC.SD
07-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Why do people insist on treating Bleacher report like a real news source?