PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Ware Is the Man

Jimmy
07-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Never seen anything like this.
I don't know if people should be pissed "that he lacks a will to play", or happy that he's so kind to Ellis. Personally, seems to me like DeMarcus is simply just a company man.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4316014

According to former Cowboys linebacker Greg Ellis, DeMarcus Ware played hide and seek with the Dallas coaching staff during games last season to help Ellis get more playing time.

TimD
07-09-2009, 09:40 AM
good for demarcus.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Is that what happened during those fantastic TD runs by the Ravens during the final game at Texas Stadium which I attended!!!!!!!!!!

princefielder28
07-09-2009, 10:16 AM
This stems more from Ellis' problems with the Cowboys, and him having ill-will towards the Cowboys organization.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I dont buy too much of this, though. Because, Ware was rarely off the field. The guy is always out there. Almost always gassed as hell by the 4th quarter...but still chugging along. Well he takes some plays off here and there. (in game) If anything, I would have liked to see him rotated out more to give him some rest.

bored of education
07-09-2009, 10:21 AM
What a moron.

superman8456
07-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Does this mean he wont resign with the Cowboys? I had no idea he was a frustrated player.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2009, 10:53 AM
What? Ware's not frustrated at all. They were saying Ware felt bad for Ellis so he would purposely take himself out to get Ellis additional playing time. I dont ever recall this actually happening, though because Ware was always on the field. But anyway, Ware absolutely loves playing in Dallas. He's going to resign eventually...and yeah, it will be ugly. He's bound to be the highest paid player in the league, fairly shortly. Even topping Al's contract.

tjsunstein
07-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Did Ware recieve any compensation for this?

TACKLE
07-09-2009, 12:17 PM
If this is true, I don't like this at all. If you're the better player, you need to be on the field to help your team win. I don't even understand this pity playing time idea. I know he's trying to be a good guy and a good teammate but he's actually hindering the team. DeMarcus you're on the field for a reason. The fact that a rookie (Anthony Spencer) was taking playing time away from Ellis is not your responsibility.

vikes_28
07-09-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't think that this is the best place for this thread...

Even if Ware is a frustrated player, I understand because if my team was the team that went so many years being called "America's Team" and my team didn't do **** in the playoffs, then I can understand. He wants to go to a winning organization, because believe it or not, every player, every coach and every fan wants their team to win a superbowl.

scottyboy
07-09-2009, 12:35 PM
i hate the cowboys with every inch of me, but my god i think Ware is awesome.

Paul
07-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Does this mean he wont resign with the Cowboys? I had no idea he was a frustrated player.

Where did you get he was frustrated from that article?

Though Ellis does some bring up so concerning points, he has been doing this for years. He just runs his mouth during the off-season about his unhappiness about playing time, his changing of positions and other little squabbles with the coaching staff. It's become a old and tired act. I just find it funny that he leaves saying he wants to go to a winning organization and then he goes on to sign with the Raiders. Good riddance.

lordquas
07-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Ware or Suggs

hmmmmmm? thats a tough 1

Staubach12
07-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Ware or Suggs

hmmmmmm? thats a tough 1

I'm a Cowboys fan, but I'm pretty sure nearly everyone would take Ware.

Smooth Criminal
07-09-2009, 10:59 PM
I don't think anyone would take Suggs. Hes a great player, but isn't nearly as good as Ware.

Paul
07-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Ware or Suggs

hmmmmmm? thats a tough 1

Nope, not really.

LonghornsLegend
07-09-2009, 11:11 PM
I don't know if I trust Ellis honestly, he couldn't wait to get to a new team to start throwing salt, he's been the most disgruntled player for at least 3 years now. He had some discouraging things to say about Anthony Spencer too, I just have to take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

Ware played like 95% of stats, there weren't many situations where Ware was off the field, and since Ellis 'cares so much' why would he raise this situation to light before Ware's contract comes up? Seems like he has other agendas then just speaking the truth when it comes to the Cowboys.

Ravens1991
07-09-2009, 11:30 PM
yea Suggs VS. Ware is a joke.

GB12
07-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Ware or Suggs

hmmmmmm? thats a tough 1
No it isn't. It's Ware and it's not even close.

WMD
07-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Is that what happened during those fantastic TD runs by the Ravens during the final game at Texas Stadium which I attended!!!!!!!!!!
This started off as a question but then ended as a loud statement. I'm not sure how to interpret it in my head.

yo123
07-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Ware or Suggs

hmmmmmm? thats a tough 1

It's not, and what does Suggs have to do with this thread?

Gay Ork Wang
07-10-2009, 01:49 AM
It's not, and what does Suggs have to do with this thread?
He is a Ravens fan

BmoreBlackByrdz
07-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Ware or Suggs

hmmmmmm? thats a tough 1

ummm. no, not even.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Ware >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Suggs

Suggs is not on Ware's level yet thinks he should be paid like Ware, which is why Im spearheading the movement to use the money Suggs wants to lock up Gaither/Ngata/McClain long-term. Let Suggs get his overpaid contract elsewhere!

GB12
07-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Ware or Suggs

hmmmmmm? thats a tough 1

yea Suggs VS. Ware is a joke.

Wow you must feel stupid. Not even other Ravens fans think that's a reasonable question.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Wow you must feel stupid. Not even other Ravens fans think that's a reasonable question.

No need for name callin!!!!

He has his opinion on Suggs, and like alot of Ravens fans he overrates Suggs. Don't get me wrong I love Suggs, and I'd love to lock him up here long-term for a reasonable price. But Ware is a Top 5 elite pass rusher in the NFL where as Suggs is maybe Top 20.

BlindSite
07-10-2009, 04:24 PM
This could be as simple as ware taking a first down off every now and then in the 4th quarter when the Cowboys were leading or as complicated as him hiding when it's 3rd and short and they're trying to stop a team from scoring.

I don't Ware would have been off the field when he was NEEDED on the field so another guy wasn't so sad face in the locker room.

Storm in a teacup imo.

PoopSandwich
07-10-2009, 05:31 PM
I bet some Browns fans wish DA would have done this early last year.

Sniper
07-10-2009, 06:01 PM
No need for name callin!!!!

He has his opinion on Suggs, and like alot of Ravens fans he overrates Suggs. Don't get me wrong I love Suggs, and I'd love to lock him up here long-term for a reasonable price. But Ware is a Top 5 elite pass rusher in the NFL where as Suggs is maybe Top 20.

Ware is a top 1 pass rusher.

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2009, 06:05 PM

Suggs is not on Ware's level yet thinks he should be paid like Ware, which is why Im spearheading the movement to use the money Suggs wants to lock up Gaither/Ngata/McClain long-term. Let Suggs get his overpaid contract elsewhere!

Wow, that a pretty big trifecta there to invest some big bucks in, even leaving Suggs out. What type of cap situation are they in? How many of those guys do you think they can afford to keep?

DeepThreat
07-10-2009, 06:39 PM
I think Suggs is really overrated. He's only had two 10 sack seasons.

E-Man
07-10-2009, 06:44 PM
What? Ware's not frustrated at all. They were saying Ware felt bad for Ellis so he would purposely take himself out to get Ellis additional playing time. I dont ever recall this actually happening, though because Ware was always on the field. But anyway, Ware absolutely loves playing in Dallas. He's going to resign eventually...and yeah, it will be ugly. He's bound to be the highest paid player in the league, fairly shortly. Even topping Al's contract.

Exactly. I just think that Ellis is blowing smoke.

Ravens1991
07-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I think Suggs is really overrated. He's only had two 10 sack seasons.

and they were his 1st 2 years so I think he got a lot of hype doing really good as a rookie. But his sack #s decreased over the years.

bored of education
07-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Jared Allen > D Ware

Sniper
07-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Jared Allen > D Ware

http://lgo.mit.edu/blog/drewhill/files/fail-boat.jpg

ChezPower4
07-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Jared Allen > D Ware

not a chance

EdReedUnstoppable
07-11-2009, 05:27 AM
Wow, that a pretty big trifecta there to invest some big bucks in, even leaving Suggs out. What type of cap situation are they in? How many of those guys do you think they can afford to keep?

Well we are helped out with Gaither/McClain because they are both RFA's after this season. Ngata is a UFA after next season I believe, and in that time Derrick Mason comes off the books (if he takes a reasonable price decrease bring him back), Mark Clayton comes off the books and hopefully is not resigned. Suggs will either be under a long-term deal or probably gone so thats $11 million off the books. So the money is gonna open up to keep these guys here and we better keep them here. Gaither/Ngata are the top priorities, I like McClain but we can replace a FB/Power HB.