PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Topic???

shavedaeyebrow2
05-29-2006, 07:57 PM
people always are complaining about the vast amount of signature requests so why not create an entire new forum topic for sigs rather then including them in the "Off Topic" section.

With the growing interest of sig making shown by a large amount of people, why not do this? With this new topic, we can bring in the sig making crowd so it will only increase the sites number of posters. The Signature section can include signature battles, contests, request threads, show off threads, etc...

Is this a good idea or did i just waste my time typing this out

DChess
05-29-2006, 07:59 PM
I dunno, this is a football site not one for sigs ,but i wouldnt mind it.

05-29-2006, 07:59 PM
There should be a better method but having too many forums would be annoying. Some places have upwards of 15 forums. :shock:

Canadian_kid16
05-29-2006, 08:03 PM
There should be a better method but having too many forums would be annoying. Some places have upwards of 15 forums. :shock:

If we have the sig forum, we would have 6... that would be fine

Vince Lombardi
05-29-2006, 08:03 PM
people always are complaining about the vast amount of signature requests so why not create an entire new forum topic for sigs rather then including them in the "Off Topic" section.

With the growing interest of sig making shown by a large amount of people, why not do this? With this new topic, we can bring in the sig making crowd so it will only increase the sites number of posters. The Signature section can include signature battles, contests, request threads, show off threads, etc...

Is this a good idea or did i just waste my time typing this out

There's already a million different sites dedicated to graphics. I don't think Scott would want the extra work for something he isn't interested in. Things are fine how there are IMO.

rainbeaukid2
05-29-2006, 08:05 PM
i think it is a good idea. just wait until scott or a moderator sees it and then u can talk to them.

ChiBear
05-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Subform?

bearfan
05-29-2006, 08:06 PM
I think that to get started and stuff that would be great, but GFX forums are better in the long run.

Why not just sponser the gfx sites, and have an affiliate button for them. There are 2 different gfx sites on here, why not sponser them both?

shavedaeyebrow2
05-29-2006, 08:25 PM
I think that to get started and stuff that would be great, but GFX forums are better in the long run.

Why not just sponser the gfx sites, and have an affiliate button for them. There are 2 different gfx sites on here, why not sponser them both?

yeah i like that idea, i know that there are a million graphics sites but some people are too lazy to look. I just look through topics based around sigs and all i see is "there are way too many threads about sigs"

05-29-2006, 08:30 PM
things are fine the way they are...

iworshipbender
05-29-2006, 08:30 PM
that way, you can have individual threads to show off your sigs, every other forum i have ever been to has had a graphics section.

iworshipbender
05-29-2006, 08:37 PM
if we do get a new forum, we also need a graphics crew too

Hawk
05-29-2006, 08:38 PM
I love all the cool sigs and all but if people want a forum like this go to a GFX site, this is a football site. Things are fine how they are.

iworshipbender
05-29-2006, 08:40 PM
its not like having a seperate forum for graphics is going to ruin the board, does the off-topic forum ruin the board?

Hawk
05-29-2006, 08:42 PM
its not like having a seperate forum for graphics is going to ruin the board, does the off-topic forum ruin the board?

It's not goin to ruin the board, just it's a football site. Most sites with forums have an off-topic forum, but I havent ever seen a sports related site with a forum dedicated to graphics.

iworshipbender
05-29-2006, 08:43 PM
EVERY site ive ever been to has a graphics section, i wouldnt want to advertise but i could have a huge list if i wanted to

The Unseen
05-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I like the sub-forum idea.

BuckNaked
05-29-2006, 08:46 PM
I like the idea. But instead of making a thread for each sig. I think each sigmaker should have their own gallery.

iworshipbender
05-29-2006, 08:49 PM
i dont think these boards (phpbb or forummup i dont know which) allow subforums, invisionfree does though

draftguru151
05-29-2006, 08:51 PM
It should stay the way it is. There is the sig thread already, and there are others as well.

Maybe a sub forum in the off topic section, but even that would be unneccasary.

shavedaeyebrow2
05-29-2006, 09:09 PM
well then if this is a bad idea, everyone stop complaining about the sig threads!

rainman
05-29-2006, 09:32 PM
I think that if the sig makers want criticism about their work, they should take it to a site like Deadlyfire or MRGD. We only need a request thread here.

elway777
05-29-2006, 09:37 PM
I love the idea

elway777
05-29-2006, 09:42 PM

i think the off topic forum does kinda take away from the boards actually,..cuz theres those groups of people like fred savage who come
here talk nuthin about football and start anti this and anti that threads
and it gets annoying

birdman11
05-29-2006, 09:44 PM
im all for it

stephenson86
05-30-2006, 07:09 AM
If it is done then there would have too be seperate mods for the section because
1. i doubt the mods now really care about sig making
2. if we have our own galleries then they need too be able too lock people making newer threads for single sigs
3. set up things such as tournaments, battles, sig of the week etc

We would need too have a certain way of recognising a sig maker and allowing them too set up a gallery because there is not point in someone making one sig and just posting it and thats it as its a waste of time.

We would need too set up a good proposal too scott so that it would mean the goings on within the forum would not bother him as im sure he would be very reluctant too set up the graphics section. so i propose that the more established sig makers on this site come together and write up a proposal covering all aspects of the site including things such as the proposed moderaters and set up etc.

If people such as bearfan, vince lombardi, VLS, DLS are willing too do that (id chip in with the write up if needed) could you pm me so we can discuss it further

bearfan
05-30-2006, 07:24 AM
If it is done then there would have too be seperate mods for the section because
2. if we have our own galleries then they need too be able too lock people making newer threads for single sigs

We would need too have a certain way of recognising a sig maker and allowing them too set up a gallery because there is not point in someone making one sig and just posting it and thats it as its a waste of time.

We would need too set up a good proposal too scott so that it would mean the goings on within the forum would not bother him as im sure he would be very reluctant too set up the graphics section. so i propose that the more established sig makers on this site come together and write up a proposal covering all aspects of the site including things such as the proposed moderaters and set up etc.

If people such as bearfan, vince lombardi, VLS, DLS are willing too do that (id chip in with the write up if needed) could you pm me so we can discuss it further

D-Unit is a sig maker. But the affiliate is also a good idea. I think that if we did this though it would take away from the gfx sites that we all go to (either Deadly or Rover)

stephenson86
05-30-2006, 07:30 AM

D-Unit is a sig maker. But the affiliate is also a good idea. I think that if we did this though it would take away from the gfx sites that we all go to (either Deadly or Rover)

i know but

within the forum we can advertise for those sites and recommend people (sig makers) too them, if we can get all sig makers in one area we can create announcements that (you cant reply too) advertising those sites giving the upsides and the stuff they offer too get more people too join their websites aswell as this one, as it would help the sig makers progress