PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't Milt Stegall stick in the NFL?

Legend234
07-09-2009, 05:05 PM
If you have watch the cfl at all you obviously know Milt Stegall. Basically the Jerry Rice of the CFL. He played for the bengals for a bit then i believe he was cut. I feel that he would could have been a productive NFL receiver. Does anyone know what the "knocks" were on Stegall?

Rayray52
07-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Yea the problem was he had 4 catches in 3 years, he was given an opportunity and never succeeded, CFL production does not translate to the NFL the talent gap is so tremendous that any comparisons or potential predictions are moot.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-11-2009, 09:06 PM
As someone who lives in Winnipeg, the place that Milt played, setting all those records, i can honestly say that this question has nothing to it. He had his chance, he didn't make it. He wasn't quick/subtle enough, would have had average speed, and wasn't a physically imposing WR. The CFL records mean nothing to how he would translate to the NFL. There are many reasons he wouldn't, and the fact that he didn't make it speaks for himself. I love Milt, greatest Winnipeg Blue Bomber ever, but the results speak for themselves.