PDA

View Full Version : Raiders due for breakout seasons?

Komp
07-10-2009, 08:09 AM
This board has been too quiet so I thought this might be a good thread to start. Which Oakland players do you think will come into their own this season? With all the youth on this team a few of them are due to step up and emerge as impact players. Who are your picks?

Mine -

Mario Henderson - OT - Was extremely solid last season in his first quality playing time. I think he will beat out Barnes and retain his LT position, our pass pro was a whole lot better when he started.

Louis Murphy - Throwing in a wild card here at WR. I think the 2nd WR we picked in Murphy was a great value pick. A natural WR who does everything well, I predict a solid rookie campaign of 500-700 yds and 4-5 TD's.

07-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Iím hearing that the Raiders coaching staff is very high on quarterback Jeff Garcia and running back Michael Bush -- two players penciled in as backups but who might find their way onto the field.
Something to think about as we get ready for camp, and something for the starters to think about as well ó because competition is an aspect the Raiders need every day in practice
via nationalfootballpost.com

My choice in bold.

RaiderNation
07-10-2009, 11:06 AM
We wont go anywhere is JaMarcus Russell doesnt breakout so I picked him. He now has a solid oline with some young talented WR's and 3 good RB's. he should atleast have a decent season

Stash
07-10-2009, 08:47 PM
McFadden, he really didn't get much of an opportunity last year with his injuries. I think he breaks out big time this season.

bernbabybern820
07-11-2009, 05:25 PM
By the looks of things it looks like Chaz Schillens is JR's go to receiver (excluding Zach Miller) and has been catching everything in sight.

Young Legend
07-24-2009, 02:47 AM
McFadden now healthy and with L.Oneal blocking for him and with the better o-line play.The Raiders would have no other choice but to make him the main focus point in the offense

KCJ58
07-24-2009, 02:51 AM
By the looks of things it looks like Chaz Schillens is JR's go to receiver (excluding Zach Miller) and has been catching everything in sight.

change your sig bro, but i do believe Raiders will have at least a 8-8 season

TACKLE
07-24-2009, 03:07 AM
change your sig bro, but i do believe Raiders will have at least a 8-8 season

Yeah I agree with that prediction. The AFC West should be very interesting this year. Oakland and KC will both be better. Some people are predicting a Denver collapse but they still have a good core of guys and you know the offense will put up points with McDaniel. Though they're definitely on the downslide. This could be San Diego's year and with the return of Merriman and LT being healthy, its hard to see them not being a lot better than they were last year. For a division that was pathetic last year, it could be quite competitive in '09.

Abaddon
07-25-2009, 04:40 AM
Breakout seasons...hm. Tough one.

I like JLH, my man Higgy Bear, to have a nice season. If they'll work him out of the slot and get the ball in his hands, he could do some damage.

I look for Michael Bush, whenever he gets his chance, to prove that he is the best HB on the roster.

On defense, I can't think of anyone. The Raiders have two, maybe three NFL starters on their defense. Anyone besides Scrabble having a big year would be mindblowing.

EricCartmann
08-05-2009, 03:25 PM
I say JR

.. and the Raiders breaks out and go 10-6.

slightlyaraiderfan
08-05-2009, 03:29 PM
McFadden, he really didn't get much of an opportunity last year with his injuries. I think he breaks out big time this season.
i agree with this one, he stays healthy and he will have a big year.