PDA

View Full Version : Darius Butler Agrees to 4 Year Deal

BmoreBlackByrdz
07-10-2009, 09:40 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/10/darius-butler-agrees-to-terms-with-patriots/

Good for the Pats, I thought he was a steal in round 2. I think he'll be a stud for you guys in a year or two.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus, who unlike client Chad Ochocinco will be able to use Twitter during NFL games, has disclosed on his Twitter page that another one of his clients, cornerback Darius Butler, has agreed to terms.

Butler, the 41st overall pick in the draft, signed (or will sign) a four-year deal. Other terms are not yet available.

Some regarded the former Connecticut standout as a likely first-round pick, so the Pats might have gotten a steal in round two.

Bigburt63
07-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Nice, good to see him signed before camp. He is a guy that I think can earn a starting gig by the end of the year if he can learn quickly. BB loved him, and went to his pro-day personally.

Don Vito
07-10-2009, 09:51 AM
I am really excited about Butler, he the ability to be a top cover corner. I hope he can contribute early because we need a few of the young guys to step up.

Nalej
07-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Great news. Have we signed anyone else yet? Or was he the first to sign?

AntoinCD
07-10-2009, 12:46 PM
I know Ohrnberger was signed. Not sure about anyone else yet

bored of education
07-10-2009, 12:58 PM
He is gonna be a beast. Brace will be nice starting NT after Wilfork doesnt sign next year.

Nalej
07-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Wilfork better sign an extension

FlyingElvis
07-14-2009, 01:21 PM
This is good news. I hope all 4 2nd round guys are signed by the start of camp. There's no reason they shouldn't be, especially since they aren't even 1st round picks.

I'm pretty excited about a fresh, healthy and young defensive backfield. Still the same concern about the pass rush but I'll have faith that the FO & Coaches have high expectations from Crable/Thomas/Woods et al.