PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo: Stud or Scum Bag?

D-Unit
07-14-2009, 08:38 PM
With the news that he has broken up with Jessica Simpson (one day before her birthday), is Tony Romo, helping or hurting his image? Is this good, bad or irrelevant to the Cowboys? Is he a stud or scum bag?

KCJ58
07-14-2009, 08:40 PM
he finally told her she was fat

WMD
07-14-2009, 08:46 PM
He should retire from the Cowboys one day before the regular season starts.

CashmoneyDrew
07-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Any man that dates Carrie Underwood is not only a stud, but a God in my eyes.

iowatreat54
07-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Yea, Romo is awesome for dumping her the day before her bday. Not only is she annoying, but now she's fat, and he prolly didn't want to buy her a birthday present. It's not the first time man has made a great decision like breaking up before a birthday/anniversary to avoid buying something.

Also, like Voodoo said, he dated Carrie Underwood. While he essentially left her for Simpson, that only loses a couple points in my book.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Any man that dates Carrie Underwood is not only a stud, but a God in my eyes.

Too bad Mike Fisher sucks.

And to answer the question: STUD. On behalf of all men, he's striking back at the women who choose to break up with their boyfriends within a week of:
a) their birthday
b) Valentine's Day
c) Christmas

Just so they can get their present and then dump you. May we all have such courage.

Thumper
07-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Scum Bag but not because he broke up with Jessica Simpson... But because he is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. :D

GB12
07-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Can't he be both a stud and a scumbag?

aNYtitan
07-14-2009, 10:36 PM

My thoughts exactly

ChezPower4
07-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Tony must have realized that Carrie Underwood is much better than Jess.

princefielder28
07-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Tony can do better than Jessicow Blimpson. As Chezpower pointed out he should find Carrie again.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Birthday's are overrated

Geo
07-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Romo was stupid for getting into this bad situation in the first place and he was additionally stupid for waiting this long, a real dummy. Nonetheless it's definitely a good move to finally dump her, and doing it before his life was ruined.

Although this probably isn't an end to the nonsense at all. Tony Romo's ego is a problem.

Brent
07-15-2009, 12:24 AM
She's not that great looking, anyway.
Tony must have realized that Carrie Underwood is much better than Jess.
she broke up with him because all he talked about was football

The Legend
07-15-2009, 01:21 AM

Same thing I was thinking

vikes_28
07-15-2009, 01:25 AM
No more ***** for Romo. Which means that he will epically fail this year. Or he will retire due to depression and go smoke weed in a different country. The Cowgirls are going to suck this year because he is such a dick to his girlfriend. In fact, Jessica Simpson is going to take over for him. Because she desperately wants him back.

Honestly, I don't give a **** that he broke up with her. It's not going to affect (effect?) the way the Cowboys play. It's not going to impact the Cowboys in any way. Probably just broke up because of a disagreement. I don't think he is a stud or a scum bag. I don't really think its hurting his image, I just think that all the girls think he is a dick for breaking her heart, which happens to girls all the time, this is just publisized.

CC.SD
07-15-2009, 02:05 AM
There are surprisingly few celebs with natural DDs, my heart goes out to Jessica on this one.

Mr. Stiller
07-15-2009, 06:53 AM
When reached for comment, Jessica stated "It's no big deal, he could never deliver in critical moments anyway"

Gay Ork Wang
07-15-2009, 07:02 AM
where is the I dont care button

NY+Giants=NYG
07-15-2009, 08:07 AM
With the news that he has broken up with Jessica Simpson (one day before her birthday), is Tony Romo, helping or hurting his image? Is this good, bad or irrelevant to the Cowboys? Is he a stud or scum bag?

Isn't that country singer's song, "before he cheats" written cuz Romo dumped her too? I don't think he is a stud or a scum bag, I just think it's a case of he got popular too fast, and hasn't quite adjusted to it. So in doing so has burned some bridges and turned some people off. I just think he needs to think of his actions before doing them, just because it will make headlines. Tom Brady is famous but stays low key compared to Romo who hasn't even won a playoff game.

TitleTown088
07-15-2009, 09:43 AM
where is the I dont care button

I don't have a problem with Romo. He seems like a good guy, but I'm tired of hearing about him and the Cowboys. Once agian, we can blame ESPN for that.

trkaline
07-15-2009, 11:29 AM
I don't have a problem with Romo. He seems like a good guy, but I'm tired of hearing about him and the Cowboys. Once agian, we can blame ESPN for that.

ESPN and D-Unit.

'cuse-213
07-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Where is all this "fat" jessica talk coming from?

Job
07-15-2009, 11:49 AM
I started staring at GB12's avatar and lost focus of the topic here.

LonghornsLegend
07-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Isn't that country singer's song, "before he cheats" written cuz Romo dumped her too? I don't think he is a stud or a scum bag, I just think it's a case of he got popular too fast, and hasn't quite adjusted to it. So in doing so has burned some bridges and turned some people off. I just think he needs to think of his actions before doing them, just because it will make headlines. Tom Brady is famous but stays low key compared to Romo who hasn't even won a playoff game.

What does winning a playoff game have to do with who you date? I don't think "staying low key" is something a Cowboys QB could do anyway, ESPN latches onto any little story that has his name in it, no matter how insignificant it is.

You don't hear updates with Phillip Rivers, Drew Brees, or really any of the other significant NFL QB's on ESPN but somehow when I turn it on their is a new story on how he went to the movies so he's not working out, or he went out on a date so he's not focused, it gets annoying as hell to me and I'm a fan.

That's why I wish I still had NFLNetwork, where I could get updates about every and all teams, not just some lame Cowboys news ESPN feeds down everyone's throat even though it's not newsworthy at all.

bigbluedefense
07-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Stud.

First off, Jessica Simpson cheated on her husband (that boyband guy). So she deserves to get treated like crap as far as im concerned.

Nothings better than treating a cheating ***** like crap. Go get em Tony.

NY+Giants=NYG
07-15-2009, 12:07 PM
What does winning a playoff game have to do with who you date? I don't think "staying low key" is something a Cowboys QB could do anyway, ESPN latches onto any little story that has his name in it, no matter how insignificant it is.

You don't hear updates with Phillip Rivers, Drew Brees, or really any of the other significant NFL QB's on ESPN but somehow when I turn it on their is a new story on how he went to the movies so he's not working out, or he went out on a date so he's not focused, it gets annoying as hell to me and I'm a fan.

That's why I wish I still had NFLNetwork, where I could get updates about every and all teams, not just some lame Cowboys news ESPN feeds down everyone's throat even though it's not newsworthy at all.

Popularity is the major factor. And how does one gain popularity? Playing well is one major reason for accumulating fame, and that leads to more press and so on. Brady is popular because he has done very well in his career. You can add good looking I guess too. I am sure that helps with marketability. But all that starts with winning. When you win, you get popular.

My point is what has Romo done? Nothing! Had a good regular season is all well and good, but other than that he is getting attention for what? Playing for the cowboys? I understand the media will latch onto Cowboys players, but serial dating isn't going to help the situation, nor going to Cabo before a major playoff game. So yea low key would help unless you are a proven winner in which case people will say
" you know what, this player can do whatever he wants, because he is a very good player, who has won it all or is one of the best at his position or even sport."

But when popularity comes with accomplishing basically nothing, then people will always question it.

CC.SD
07-15-2009, 01:39 PM
was gonna respond but stared at GBs avatar for a while instead.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/customavatars/avatar12058_8.gif

'cuse-213
07-15-2009, 03:09 PM
was gonna respond but stared at GBs avatar for a while instead.

Post of The Year.

diabsoule
07-15-2009, 03:23 PM
so, the point of this thread is to say that Jessica Simpson is back on the market. Sweet. Now I finally have a shot at her!

BlindSite
07-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Any many who's hitting this quality:
http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/carrie-underwood.jpg

Deserves a high five

yourfavestoner
07-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Shouldn't we all be striving to be a stud and a scumbag at the same time?

niel89
07-16-2009, 04:21 AM
I like Tony as a normal guy. He seems to be just be a nice who got famous waaaay to fast. I think it is just stupid the amount of stuff that gets reported on that are non-stories. Because he is the Cowboys QB and ESPN has an eternal stiffy for all things Cowboys, ******** news comes out. However there are a couple of good stories about him that show that he is a nice guy like how he pulls over and helps to change peoples tires and also that story of him going to the movies with some random fan.

If he was the QB for any other team, I think he would be a really well liked guy.

Addict
07-16-2009, 06:24 AM
Shouldn't we all be striving to be a stud and a scumbag at the same time?

I guess. Stud-Scumbag millionaire athlete sounds pretty sweet.