PDA

View Full Version : Skins take Jeremy Jarmon in supplemental draft

cvv84
07-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Redskins selected Kentucky DE Jeremy Jarmon with a third-round pick in the 2009 Supplemental Draft

superman8456
07-16-2009, 01:25 PM
3rd rounder? They got raped.

Canadian_draft_fan
07-16-2009, 02:14 PM
3rd rounder? They got raped.
Don't agree. Jarmon was rated by some as a possible 2nd rounder next year and the Skins got him a year early. Given the Skins past practice of trading 3/4 rounders for non-contributing old cuffs, this is a step in the right direction.

TitanHope
07-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Anyone have a link?

Don't agree. Jarmon was rated by some as a possible 2nd rounder next year and the Skins got him a year early. Given the Skins past practice of trading 3/4 rounders for non-contributing old cuffs, this is a step in the right direction.

Maybe they heard other teams would be willing to use their 4th RD'ers on him? Either way, a 3rd is high for him. Jared Gaither went in the 4th RD, and he was a possible 1st RD'er.

EDIT: Here's a link - http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/07/16/redskins-select-de-jarmon-in-supplemental-draft/

McBain
07-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Speculation 4th rounder Jared Gaither.... equal to first round comparison THIRD ROUND!!! What?

**** that, if he comes out and kicks some ass it was worth it. Orakpo was the first DE we've taken round 1 since Kenard Lang... doing that blew my mind getting another DE.... **** dude.... it's like christmas. The fact that we are even attempting to build a dominating D-Line makes me want to run through the streets!

TACKLE
07-16-2009, 03:15 PM
A Third round pick! Hahahahaha! Daniel Snyder is a genius.

2 Live Crew
07-16-2009, 03:38 PM
The skins drafted another d lineman? WHAT THE HELL?? BLASPHEMY!!

I was looking forward to Phillip Daniels playing til he's 45

skinzzfan25
07-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Don't know much about him, but I like the idea of bolstering the DL.

TitanHope
07-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Speculation 4th rounder Jared Gaither.... equal to first round comparison THIRD ROUND!!! What?

Dooooo whaaaaaa? You're not speaking English man. That's Esperanto or some language twins teach each other...

/Mike Myers

McBain
07-16-2009, 05:06 PM
A Third round pick! Hahahahaha! Daniel Snyder is a genius.

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/1/b/9/1b957c3f7e8f1e8eaa905e683e84d89c.jpg

McBain
07-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Dooooo whaaaaaa? You're not speaking English man. That's Esperanto or some language twins teach each other...

/Mike Myers

It was just my perception of what people were saying in this thread. It was a device to illustrate the stupidity and nonsense posted.

Jared Gaither went for a 4th

You mean the completely different player who went to a entirely different team with a whole set of different needs picking aT a different spot in the draft order with different teams above them all with different needs. That guy?

I also really like the arbitrary value system.... "a first round talent is worth a third in the supplemental draft"

We got our player and if he preforms he was worth it. If he doesn't then give us some **** because im sure your team has never taken a chance on a player who is a need for your team in the third round and failed.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-16-2009, 05:12 PM
If Jarmon stayed in school he most likely would have been much higher than where we got him, so I love the pick. This isn't leasing your future like the Skins usually do, if anything it's like drafting a year early. This year will be a learning year for him so by year 2 which would have been his rookie year he will be ready to contribute. Also unlike most guys in the Supp draft he doesn't really have off the field issues. Every report says that he's a great kid, leader in the locker room, and hard worker. He just happened to take an over the counter dietary supplement from GNC which happened to have an ingredient on the ban list. I'm excited about him as our LDE of the future.

HChu
07-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Great move by the Redskins, I don't see why people are laughing at this. It's just as if we're starting the draft early by picking someone who wouldn't have been there this time of year next draft. He seems like a great character guy, a hard worker, and most impressive of all? He's just a solid player. Surprisingly great move by Vinny.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-16-2009, 05:30 PM
We wanted a stout LDE badly in this years draft but there just weren't any good one's. Jarmon is easily better than anything in the third round in this years past draft in terms of defensive lineman.

McBain
07-16-2009, 05:53 PM
We wanted a stout LDE badly in this years draft but there just weren't any good one's. Jarmon is easily better than anything in the third round in this years past draft in terms of defensive lineman.

Like a 3rd for something that is a need is so unreasonalble.

07-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Some of us here are overreacting to this news. Seriously, if it's a need for the team right now then I can't see how this is a terrible move. So what if it's a third round pick, it's not like they're mortgaging the future by making this selection. Plus, there's a good chance he could outplay his draft slot. He's a very solid prospect at LDE, and would likely be one of the top available players at that position in next year's draft. Those are always tough to find.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Our 2 LDE's are both 37+ year old. One Phillip Daniels tore his ACL and missed all of last year, the other Renaldo Wynn I think was retired last year. Needless to say it was a ridiculous need especially since Orakpo will most likely predominantly be playing SAM on first and second down.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Good move using the 3rd. Detroit used a 4th and would have gotten him. Solid LDE that can grow behind Daniels.

TitanHope
07-17-2009, 12:06 AM
You mean the completely different player who went to a entirely different team with a whole set of different needs picking aT a different spot in the draft order with different teams above them all with different needs. That guy?

Yup! That's the guy!

Look, I just didn't think he'd be taken as high as the 3rd RD in the Supplemental Draft. I made a comparison with Gaither since he was the first player to come to mind to get drafted with a quality pick in the Supp. Draft. I actually was mistaken because Gaither was actually a 5th RD pick. It was Paul Oliver who went in the 4th RD of the '07 Supp. Draft, and Ahmad Brooks was a 3rd RD'er in '06.

Seeing as how LDE was a huge need for the Skins and the likelihood of another team drafting him before their 4th RD pick was good, the pick is reasonable.

treyskins
07-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Looks a solid pick,a good move for this front office.
I doubt if we see much of him early on, except for special teams duty.
He needs to get stronger but im sure phil daniels can help him there!

One thing that strikes me is how much of a premium position this is,especially for the Skins.
Most of our recent left ends have been first rounders-
daniels was surprisingly a fourth but there have been;
wynn/lang/marco coleman/tony woods
with bruce smith and andre carter on the right side.

Jarmon will have alot of work to do to make it as a starter.