PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben pulling a Kobe?

TitleTown088
07-20-2009, 09:23 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/20/roethlisberger-denies-civil-allegations-of-sexual-assault/

In a complaint that reads like the rape allegations made several years ago against NBA star Kobe Bryant, Harrah's employee Andrea McNulty alleges sexual assault against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in a lawsuit filed last week in Washoe County, Nevada.

Uh O?

tjsunstein
07-20-2009, 09:25 PM
This is beyond stupid of him, if true.

TitanHope
07-20-2009, 09:51 PM
His name is "Big Ben" for a reason. It was probably consentual, and unfortunately the woman is now paralyzed from the waste down or something. Poor thing... *shakes head*

Loggerhead
07-20-2009, 09:56 PM
********. This broad never even filed a criminal complaint against him yet files a civil suit against him? Gold digger just looking for some easy $. Just like Kobe Ben will be found innocent.

scottyboy
07-20-2009, 09:59 PM
after that whole motorcycle accident without a helmet, maybe his brain's fried and "no" sounds like "yes"

princefielder28
07-20-2009, 09:59 PM
He probably wasn't willing to throw it in the back of her end zone and she wasn't happy about it. She decided to go with a prevent defense, he managed to penetrate it and still scored.

Sniper
07-20-2009, 10:02 PM
He probably wasn't willing to throw it in the back of her end zone and she wasn't happy about it. She decided to go with a prevent defense, he managed to penetrate it and still scored.

Prevent defenses prevent you from winning. Always.

TitanHope
07-20-2009, 10:04 PM

Indeed. And when it was her turn on offense, she got sacked...

steelernation77
07-20-2009, 10:05 PM
We'll see if any proof of this actually surfaces. Bettis was accused of rape at one point as well and it turned out it was just some person looking for a quick buck. Unfortunately Ben is probably already tried and convicted by the majority of hating NFL fans.

trkaline
07-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Please be true......

jballa838
07-20-2009, 10:10 PM
I was thinking "There is no way that he raped a girl. No way, its just a clever title." Thanks. I now hate him.

Ness
07-20-2009, 10:14 PM
********. This broad never even filed a criminal complaint against him yet files a civil suit against him? Gold digger just looking for some easy $. Just like Kobe Ben will be found innocent.

Well the case was dropped by prosecutors, and Bryant settled out of court with the lawsuit that was filed against him.

I guess he was "innocent" since he wasn't found to be guilty.

TitleTown088
07-20-2009, 10:28 PM
He probably wasn't willing to throw it in the back of her end zone and she wasn't happy about it. She decided to go with a prevent defense, he managed to penetrate with a hot route to the tight end and scored. Modified it. Hope you like it.

Loggerhead
07-20-2009, 10:30 PM
True but this girl never even filed a criminal complaint. Seems like a classic gold digger to me. There wasn't exactly a mountain of evidence against Kobe and now in the case against Ben there is none. She is also suing her coworkers who "defamed her by making allegedly false and inflammatory statements, and by allegedly serving as aiders and abettors of Roethlisberger's alleged misconduct after the fact."

Mr. Stiller
07-20-2009, 10:49 PM
True but this girl never even filed a criminal complaint. Seems like a classic gold digger to me. There wasn't exactly a mountain of evidence against Kobe and now in the case against Ben there is none. She is also suing her coworkers for "defamed her by making allegedly false and inflammatory statements, and by allegedly serving as aiders and abettors of Roethlisberger's alleged misconduct after the fact."

I Call gold-digger as well.

Waits a year after the supposed "Rape". (Files in July 2009, for an incident in July 2008?)

Doesn't file any criminal complaints, only a civil case (Looking for a settlement?)

Sues literally every one of her co-workers for Defamation of Character and Collusion...(Everyone is saying nothing happened?)

It's kind of pathetic that a woman screams rape and the guy is guilty before being proved innocent.

There is no evidence supporting her claim. Not one person is standing up with her to talk about the "Rape".

There's just nothing to even find him guilty of.

Shane P. Hallam
07-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Yeah, no criminal case, and she is sueing the whole hotel staff as well. This same thing happened to Jerome Bettis. Ben will settle due to it being RIGHT before the season, and it will be done with.

Obviously I am homerish about this, but hopefully we all learned something from the Duke lacrosse case.

the decider13
07-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Prevent defenses prevent you from winning. Always.

Damn you for stealing what I was going to say haha

TitleTown088
07-20-2009, 11:00 PM
I Call gold-digger as well.

Waits a year after the supposed "Rape". (Files in July 2009, for an incident in July 2008?)

Doesn't file any criminal complaints, only a civil case (Looking for a settlement?)

Sues literally every one of her co-workers for Defamation of Character and Collusion...(Everyone is saying nothing happened?)

It's kind of pathetic that a woman screams rape and the guy is guilty before being proved innocent.

There is no evidence supporting her claim. Not one person is standing up with her to talk about the "Rape".

There's just nothing to even find him guilty of.

I'm not saying he's guilty. I could see gold digger easy. But you would claim BS if Ben was found in front of a burning orphanage with a lighter and gas can in his hand, and another empty can in his trunk next to his flame thrower and to catch a predator DVD collection.

Mr. Stiller
07-20-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm not saying he's guilty. I could see gold digger easy. But you would claim BS if Ben was found in front of a burning orphanage with a lighter and gas can in his hand, and another empty can in his trunk next to his flame thrower and to catch a predator DVD collection.

No.

I call things as I see them.

I'm claiming BS because there is absolutely nothing here. If there was a criminal investigation, a witness/friend claiming this occurred, etc.

There is nothing to even remotely claim he's guilty here. If there was even the slightest amount of evidence I'd reserve my judgement until after a criminal investigation, but since there wasn't one, and the girl is claiming this a year later, and suing everyone who said nothing happened, it's a bit suspicious if not outright hilarious.

In your hypothetical situation there's a goldmine of evidence against him.

In this case there's nothing except a girl claiming she was raped and is filing a civil case for cash.

In which case, I'd love Ben to turnaround and sue her for defamation of Character.

locseti
07-20-2009, 11:06 PM
i was at the tournament this wknd, he and romo could have had any girl they wanted, females were ignoring security and throwing themselves at these guys. one sign read "Tony, meet me in the trees!"

locseti
07-20-2009, 11:14 PM
"Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty,"

vikes_28
07-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Lol @ the Steelers

trkaline
07-20-2009, 11:26 PM
"Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty,"

I take that to mean she's fat, ugly and possibly has a hair lip.

PACKmanN
07-20-2009, 11:55 PM
pics or it didnt happen.

sbh15
07-20-2009, 11:57 PM
after that whole motorcycle accident without a helmet, maybe his brain's fried and "no" sounds like "yes"

50 No's and 1 yes is still yes.

thule
07-21-2009, 12:05 AM
I heard he went head first for the score!

TitleTown088
07-21-2009, 12:20 AM
No.

I call things as I see them.

I'm claiming BS because there is absolutely nothing here. If there was a criminal investigation, a witness/friend claiming this occurred, etc.

There is nothing to even remotely claim he's guilty here. If there was even the slightest amount of evidence I'd reserve my judgement until after a criminal investigation, but since there wasn't one, and the girl is claiming this a year later, and suing everyone who said nothing happened, it's a bit suspicious if not outright hilarious.

In your hypothetical situation there's a goldmine of evidence against him.

In this case there's nothing except a girl claiming she was raped and is filing a civil case for cash.

In which case, I'd love Ben to turnaround and sue her for defamation of Character.
My point isn't this case in particular. My point is that you would excuse any action done by a Steeler, no matter what.
http://www.shop2wear.com/images/NFL-Sun-Glasses/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Sun-Glasses_S1.jpg

*For the record I think Ben come off as a good guy and he probably didn't do this.

YAYareaRB
07-21-2009, 01:31 AM
Probably another sack chasing broad.

Mr. Stiller
07-21-2009, 06:32 AM
My point isn't this case in particular. My point is that you would excuse any action done by a Steeler, no matter what.
http://www.shop2wear.com/images/NFL-Sun-Glasses/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Sun-Glasses_S1.jpg

*For the record I think Ben come off as a good guy and he probably didn't do this.

I wouldn't excuse any action done by a Steeler.

You even agreed that there is literally no merit to anything in this case.

To me, seems like your looking for a reason to call me a homer, irregardless of the fact that you completely agree.

False Accusations of Rape should carry the death penalty.

Bengalsrocket
07-21-2009, 08:24 AM

To me, seems like your looking for a reason to call me a homer, irregardless of the fact that you completely agree.

Slow down killer.

no bare feet
07-21-2009, 08:59 AM
If by pulling a Kobe you mean winning 4 rings, yes I can see that occurring.

PACKmanN
07-21-2009, 09:25 AM
we're on the second page and still no pictures of the girl?

tjsunstein
07-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Big Ben always seems to make the escape from the pressure to make a play.

Brothgar
07-21-2009, 10:12 AM

While I won't go as far as to say death penalty... I really think they should increase false police report punishments. They do cause a ton of damage to people's reputations and cause heartache to people and their families.

SuperKevin
07-21-2009, 10:24 AM
While I won't go as far as to say death penalty... I really think they should increase false police report punishments. They do cause a ton of damage to people's reputations and cause heartache to people and their families.

Not to mention waste a ton of taxpayer money.

Brothgar
07-21-2009, 10:41 AM
This story reminds me of another story.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/8648108

Wouldn't it be hilarious if it was the same guy?

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/pete_mcentegart/08/28/ten.spot/tx_steelers.jpg

trkaline
07-21-2009, 11:21 AM
The thing about it is even if hes cleared, there will still be those people that have it in there heads that he got off because he is a star athlete.

awfullyquiet
07-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Not to mention waste a ton of taxpayer money.

^^

rape is a serious accusation. and a serious crime.
rape punishment should be immediate castration.

i think that punishment alone would stop many would be rapists.

Brothgar
07-21-2009, 11:59 AM
^^

rape is a serious accusation. and a serious crime.
rape punishment should be immediate castration.

i think that punishment alone would stop many would be rapists.

Rape isn't about sex rape is about control. Still castration would be a fitting punishment. Stupid 8th amendment. But what about female rapists?

whatadai
07-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Well the case was dropped by prosecutors, and Bryant settled out of court with the lawsuit that was filed against him.

I guess he was "innocent" since he wasn't found to be guilty.

In Kobe's case it was consensual, then he wanted anal and that's when she refused and called it rape.

jballa838
07-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Rape isn't about sex rape is about control. Still castration would be a fitting punishment. Stupid 8th amendment. But what about female rapists?
sew it shut?

TitleTown088
07-21-2009, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't excuse any action done by a Steeler.You already did.

You even agreed that there is literally no merit to anything in this case. I said I doubt Big ben raped a girl, I have no idea what actually happened or if there is merit to the case. Only Ben really knows that.

To me, seems like your looking for a reason to call me a homer, irregardless of the fact that you completely agree. I don't need a reason to call youa homer.

ChezPower4
07-21-2009, 12:18 PM
I think that it is so morally wrong for some to lie for the sole purpose to hurt someone else and create a situation that is favorable for themselves. This should be considered serious crime. It cost the innocent tons of money to defend themselves against something that never happened. Worse, the defendants reputation gets damaged.

trkaline
07-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Yes but aslong as theres greed in this world and trashy people that just dont care and want there 15 minutes of fame it will go on.

Mr. Goosemahn
07-21-2009, 12:38 PM
While the evidence against Ben is really weak, I can't simply discard the possibility of this being true.

Sure, Ben seems to be a good-natured guy and a mature leader, and this accusation doesn't fit at all with his personality and things he does. But still, there's always the chance it´s true.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Ben innocent and whatnot, and hopefully he'll be.

When seeing the evidence, here's what I think happened:

Woman met Ben at some point July 2008.
Time passed and she needed money.
She remembered she met Ben.
She decided to take advantage of the huge media coverage he got for winning the Superbowl, because many people would hear about this and his image could be tarnished if he doesn't comply.
She also figured out he's the Steeler with the most money, so he'd be the one who'd "miss it the least."
She waited until the start of summer camp to make Ben feel pressured into giving her the money quickly, as he'd have court hearings and stuff during training times.
She simply wants a settlement to not have to pay THAT much for a lawyer and get a lot of cash quickly.

This is just, however, what I gather from the information from a non-homer point of view, and is simply my take on the situation. Things could be modified though.

From a homer point of view, this is what happened:

Baltimore Raven fan got angry and wants to hurt the Steelers chances of repeating, as well as giving Flacco the chance to become the best QB in the AFC North once Ben is gone, even though Flacco doesn't have the support of the best defense in the NFL and has never EVER won a SINGLE Superbowl.

:)

trkaline
07-21-2009, 12:42 PM
From a homer point of view, this is what happened:

Baltimore Raven fan got angry and wants to hurt the Steelers chances of repeating, as well as giving Flacco the chance to become the best QB in the AFC North once Ben is gone, even though Flacco doesn't have the support of the best defense in the NFL and has never EVER won a SINGLE Superbowl.

:)

Nuh uh...I did not put her up to it I swear....

PoopSandwich
07-21-2009, 01:37 PM
I love everyone overreacting and freaking out. I'm a Browns fan and I doubt he'll get in trouble or accused of this. Does Big Ben seem like the sort of guy to rape a girl? Also, how many times do women accuse athletes of raping them because they're after their money?

Wait and see approach here for me.

sweetness34
07-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Harrah's Ben? Really? The only thing good about that place is the dueling pianos.

Boston
07-21-2009, 03:09 PM

Slow, painful death?

Brothgar
07-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Slow, painful death?

I think they should be forced to have sex with DG every day for six years.

GB12
07-21-2009, 03:16 PM
This story reminds me of another story.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/8648108

Wouldn't it be hilarious if it was the same guy?
That story just shows that women are whores.

ChezPower4
07-21-2009, 03:19 PM
That story just shows that women are whores.

Conniving whores, whom should never be trusted

trkaline
07-21-2009, 03:21 PM
JBond raped me last July and everyone on nfldc has been making lude comments to me since then...hope you have an attorney Mr.Bond.

CC.SD
07-21-2009, 03:33 PM
http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

wicket
07-21-2009, 03:42 PM
we're on the second page and still no pictures of the girl?

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/stadium.weblogsinc.com/tmz/images/2009/07/andrea_mcnulty_01_0004_Layer_3_full.jpg

there you go

Geo
07-21-2009, 03:55 PM
More info leaking out:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09202/985356-66.stm

I think there's some fire behind this smoke, but nothing that a settlement won't put out. Without any physical evidence other than a hallway camera (yeah that camera you dumbass Roflisberger) which isn't directly incriminating, it's down to her testimony only.

CC.SD
07-21-2009, 04:32 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/stadium.weblogsinc.com/tmz/images/2009/07/andrea_mcnulty_01_0004_Layer_3_full.jpg

there you go

I'm sorry I know it's a sensitive issue but this girl looks more like Big Ben than Big Ben does.

ChezPower4
07-21-2009, 04:36 PM

there you go

why would Big Ben sexually assault that Elephant?

trkaline
07-21-2009, 04:41 PM

Because he's a monster who can't help himself. Mr.Goodell I recommend a lifetime ban for this monster. Then when he's gone...I shall laugh when the steelers pick up Vick.

wicket
07-21-2009, 04:42 PM
those reactions seem like the concensus, ive heard everything from me no likey to this picture being evidence #1 for the defense

CC.SD
07-21-2009, 04:43 PM

Maybe she's got some white girl booty going on.

ChezPower4
07-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Maybe she's got some white girl booty going on.

What about the Bugs bunny teeth?

Mr. Stiller
07-21-2009, 04:55 PM
You already did.

I said I doubt Big ben raped a girl, I have no idea what actually happened or if there is merit to the case. Only Ben really knows that.

I don't need a reason to call youa homer.

1) So When I call things as they are, and it happens to be a Steeler player immediately defending him. I don't care if it was Pacman Jones dude, this investigation is a joke thus far. If more evidence comes out, I may change my mind, but as of right now, It's a joke.

2) Thats what I said. I Can't see how this is an actual case. The evidence is weak at the very best.

3) I don't understand this. I Explained why the case was a joke, a large amount of people agreed (Including you)... this makes me a Homer?

Mr. Stiller
07-21-2009, 04:59 PM
so on top of my points before...

The complaint details a year-long battle that the woman says she waged against her bosses, depression and anxiety.

So after being raped, she doesn't say anything for a year... Continues to work with a bunch of people that "have it out for her?"

The woman was in and out of hospitals several times since the alleged incident, ringing up $380,000 in medical bills, the suit says.

Be interesting to see a detailed list of what it took to rack up 380k in Medical bills over 365 days.

...Seriously?

CC.SD
07-21-2009, 05:01 PM
What about the Bugs bunny teeth?

Yeah...hit it from the back?

Philliez01
07-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Maybe Roethlisberger used a cool alias, ala Ron Mexico? Tom Poland would be hard to decipher......so it took her a year to find out whom it was?

TitleTown088
07-21-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm sorry I know it's a sensitive issue but this girl looks more like Big Ben than Big Ben does.

Exactly what I was thinking. That's near masturbation with a wig for him.

wicket
07-21-2009, 06:08 PM
380.000 in medical bills that is impressive, you can get cancer twice for that money

Brent
07-21-2009, 06:28 PM
maybe he just wanted to get his D wet?

skarocksoi
07-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Ben was hooking up with Natalie Gulbis at one point if I recall. If he went from that to this girl after winning two superbowls, I don't even know what to believe in anymore.

TitleTown088
07-21-2009, 07:15 PM
maybe he just wanted to get his D wet?

You don't want a steel curtain D wet, it will rust.

Rimshot!

Mr. Stiller
07-21-2009, 07:35 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/21/ben-roethlisberger-sexual-assault-pittsburgh-steelers-superbowl-lawsuit-soldier-mcnulty/

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/woio/pdf/bigben.pdf

Edited in case anyone wants to read the actual civil complaint paperwork.

this just keeps getting more hilarious.

BlindSite
07-21-2009, 07:46 PM
You don't look at the mantel when you poke the fire.

Addict
07-21-2009, 08:07 PM
http://a1.vox.com/6a00cd9708535d4cd500cd9724ba514cd5-500pi

iowatreat54
07-21-2009, 08:33 PM

Sorry pedobear, she's too old. :(

Addict
07-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Sorry pedobear, she's too old. :(

yeah I know.

I wasn't looking for that one actually. This is the one I wanted. What big ben did... well...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/punkrocker1472/sad_panda.jpg

Brothgar
07-21-2009, 09:39 PM
So after being raped, she doesn't say anything for a year... Continues to work with a bunch of people that "have it out for her?"

Well she makes a few claims here
either
1. Head of security didn't make didn't preform a full investigation and/or destroyed evidence.

or

2. Head of security told head chief guy what happened and he suppressed the evidence.

She didn't even really work for most of that year. She spent most of her time on psychiatric leave going to two different hospitals and a mental health retreat.

She claims to have not reported it due to fear of reprisal from Ben's "friend" the owner of the hotel casino. Which makes her lose those medical benefits that she so desperately needed (according to the trial paperwork.)

Be interesting to see a detailed list of what it took to rack up 380k in Medical bills over 365 days.

...Seriously?

As I said earlier two months hospital care + 1 month psychiatric retreat + a **** load of antidepressants + PTSD treatment.

But she isn't only getting the 380k+ she is also suing for eight different instances of mental anguish at a whooping 10K a piece.

Her explanation for a lack of evidence as I read it is that the head of security either personally or working through his subordinates destroyed or tampered with the evidence as well as tampering with her work computer deleting and rearranging files.

ricowboy
07-21-2009, 10:04 PM
We'll see if any proof of this actually surfaces. Bettis was accused of rape at one point as well and it turned out it was just some person looking for a quick buck. Unfortunately Ben is probably already tried and convicted by the majority of hating NFL fans.

Ben has not been convicted by the fans.......Actually Espn has not even covered it yet.....I have been watching for it. If this had been anyone other than a hand full of players (mannings, brady, that crew) this would be all over espn and you are right he would be convicted by the media and fans.......We need to let this one play out.......Personally, from what I have seen and have read about Ben.....I say no. Allegations agianst Harrah's covering up crimes......I believe in that.....Let us be patient before we judge.

holt_bruce81
07-21-2009, 11:20 PM
He's a Winner.

And Winners don't listen to words like "No" or "Don't" or "Stop!"

Those words are jut not in his vocabulary.

Borat
07-21-2009, 11:42 PM
He's a Winner.

And Winners don't listen to words like "No" or "Don't" or "Stop!"

Those words are jut not in his vocabulary.

Haha. Case closed.

CJSchneider
07-21-2009, 11:57 PM
A few things that stick out -

1. Are individual rooms set up with cameras? I wouldn't think so.
2. I have family who work in the hotel business. If someone leaves there station/ or the front desk to do something, even as simple as laundry, they log it down. There should be an entire log of her daily activities.
3. There may be cameras in the hall, but lack of video at specified times may be bad news as well.
4 Why does the date in the top left corner of this document http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/woio/pdf/bigben.pdf
say 2001?

Mr. Goosemahn
07-22-2009, 02:27 AM
4 Why does the date in the top left corner of this document http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/woio/pdf/bigben.pdf
say 2001?

Wow, hadn't seen that. It might be a weird nine, but it definitely does look like a 1 there. Another thing to note (and this was said by my cousin, who studied law) is that he is simply addressed as "Ben." He said it was definitely a minor issue, but also said that full names should always be used in legal files, and that his real name, Benjamin Todd Roethlisberger, should be used.

Just an interesting point.

He also said that the original accusation has little evidence, and that her story, albeit somewhat believable, does have some strong flaws.

To start off, he said that lawyers would instantly like to know what she was doing fixing the TV.

For those who don't know what supposedly happened, she claims that Roethlisberger (or someone) told her that his TV wasn't working and she went there to fix it. When she entered the room, the deed happened, and he asked if there were cameras, and she replied yes. He then told her to tell everyone that she simply fixed his television. Upon telling the head of security of the events, he said that she should be considered lucky as many women would like to sleep with him, and he supposedly went off to erase any evidence of the act.

So, going back to what my cousin had to say. He said that the first flaw of her story was the fact that she was the person sent to fix the TV. She said that she couldn't find a technician, and since she was told the celebrities had to be kept happy, she herself decided to go up and fix it. According to him, this rarely happens. She was a receptionist and also worked as a concierge or something like that for the golf tournament that was going on. Never has my cousin (or I for that matter) heard of a receptionist to come to a hotel room to fix the TV, even if they are the people who receive the call from the client.

The second fishy bit of information is her claim that everyone at the hotel turned against her and deleted all of the evidence of the rape. My cousin said that the hotel could get in a huge amount of legal trouble if this were found out to be true, as it could be eventually considered to be tampering of evidence or something, and that any head of security with a bit of common sense would not have erased the file entirely from their archives, which is what she claims happened.

A third flaw in her story is her claim that during her hospitalization, the head of security of the hotel, Guy Hyder, befriended her parents. They then gave him a key to the victim's house, which was then used to go into her house, use her computer, and delete "valuable evidence" gathered by her to use against Roethlisberger. My cousin said that, as a parent, you wouldn't go around giving random people (or even new friends for that matter) a key to your daughter's house days after she was raped. What's more, the fact that they supposedly went in and deleted her files also sounds extremely doubtful. The fact that a hotel is going through all this trouble to cover up an incident would only happen if it meant great, great, trouble for the hotel. Once again, the woman is claiming that the hotel performed illicit activities. What's more, that fact that she says that the head of security himself went into the house is also unbelievable. If the hotel, for some reason, did actually go into her home and raid her computer, they would not send the mastermind of the hotel's security to do the job. It would instead be someone much less important to them, in case something goes amiss.

There were also other things that my cousin pointed out, but I can't remember all of them.

Here's an article he read that mentions most of the stuff written here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ar8VoasJhnuUOTfdPVy52LtDubYF?slug=ap-roethlisberger-lawsuit&prov=ap&type=lgns

He also mentioned the obvious weird facts such as taking a year to sue and the fact that there was no criminal investigation ever of the issue.

Mr. Goosemahn
07-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Just found this weird bit of information. Don't know it it was already posted.

"Sources connected with the case say that a former co-worker of McNulty's at Harrah's came forward with the story that around the time McNulty hooked up with Roethlisberger, she was allegedly involved with a married man.

One who never existed.

The man's wife created an email account, posing as a U.S. soldier in Iraq. The wife began corresponding with Andrea McNulty to gain information.

Her co-worker McNulty fell in love with this fictitious soldier and began telling people they were engaged. When the correspondence stopped, Andrea McNulty then began telling people the soldier was killed in action.

According to TMZ, McNulty told at least one co-worker she began seeing a psychiatrist because of the phantom soldier and not because of Ben."

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2009/07/andrea-mcnulty-ben-roethlisberger-sexual-assault-lawsuit-details-emerge/

Mr. Stiller
07-22-2009, 06:50 AM
Well she makes a few claims here
either
1. Head of security didn't make didn't preform a full investigation and/or destroyed evidence.

or

2. Head of security told head chief guy what happened and he suppressed the evidence.

She didn't even really work for most of that year. She spent most of her time on psychiatric leave going to two different hospitals and a mental health retreat.

She claims to have not reported it due to fear of reprisal from Ben's "friend" the owner of the hotel casino. Which makes her lose those medical benefits that she so desperately needed (according to the trial paperwork.)

As I said earlier two months hospital care + 1 month psychiatric retreat + a **** load of antidepressants + PTSD treatment.

But she isn't only getting the 380k+ she is also suing for eight different instances of mental anguish at a whooping 10K a piece.

Her explanation for a lack of evidence as I read it is that the head of security either personally or working through his subordinates destroyed or tampered with the evidence as well as tampering with her work computer deleting and rearranging files.

Exactly.

They continued to conspire against her, destroy evidence, do things that sent her to psychiatric wards... and she kept returning for more?

Bengalsrocket
07-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Exactly.

They continued to conspire against her, destroy evidence, do things that sent her to psychiatric wards... and she kept returning for more?

She's in and out of psychiatric wards and you're going to try and use logic as a defense for why she wouldn't do something?

Anyways, Ben doesn't seem like he's this terrible.

Mr. Goosemahn
07-22-2009, 10:29 AM
She's in and out of psychiatric wards and you're going to try and use logic as a defense for why she wouldn't do something?

Anyways, Ben doesn't seem like he's this terrible.

About the psychiatric wards:

"Sources connected with the case say that a former co-worker of McNulty's at Harrah's came forward with the story that around the time McNulty hooked up with Roethlisberger, she was allegedly involved with a married man.

One who never existed.

The man's wife created an email account, posing as a U.S. soldier in Iraq. The wife began corresponding with Andrea McNulty to gain information.

Her co-worker McNulty fell in love with this fictitious soldier and began telling people they were engaged. When the correspondence stopped, Andrea McNulty then began telling people the soldier was killed in action.

According to TMZ, McNulty told at least one co-worker she began seeing a psychiatrist because of the phantom soldier and not because of Ben."

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/20...etails-emerge/

NY+Giants=NYG
07-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Is big ben doing something with BSPN? Why hasn't this been reported on their website or on tv?

niel89
07-22-2009, 01:27 PM

http://pedobearpics.com/pedobear/pedo-bear-too-old.jpg

keylime_5
07-22-2009, 06:46 PM
interesting that espn is pretty much ignoring the roethlisberger scandal story. Dan Patrick show called them out on this too I do believe. Goes to show that the network has an agenda and doesn't want to bash certain things/people like USC or Tiger Woods or the SEC in particular, and I guess either Big Ben or the Steelers in general. Another reason Sportscenter and ESPNews and most of that channel is totally unwatchable...all except actual broadcasts of sports.

[/rant]

BlindSite
07-23-2009, 04:16 AM
interesting that espn is pretty much ignoring the roethlisberger scandal story. Dan Patrick show called them out on this too I do believe. Goes to show that the network has an agenda and doesn't want to bash certain things/people like USC or Tiger Woods or the SEC in particular, and I guess either Big Ben or the Steelers in general. Another reason Sportscenter and ESPNews and most of that channel is totally unwatchable...all except actual broadcasts of sports.

[/rant]

Not wanting to alienate the Steelers fanbase as massive as it's expanded to after their superbowl win is a pretty standard agenda.

NY+Giants=NYG
07-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Not wanting to alienate the Steelers fanbase as massive as it's expanded to after their superbowl win is a pretty standard agenda.

I think it's more then that.. I wont doubt if Ben is doing a show or something for ESPN, and this would hurt it before the show even starts. That, or they just selectively chose who to write about and who to sweep it under the rug so to speak.

ChezPower4
07-23-2009, 08:02 AM
I hate to say it but ESPN does make a big deal about the black players that get into trouble and they kinda tend to put the white guys on the back burner or play off what they did as "not that big of a deal". I really can't take a ESPN seriously one bit and I think that they clearly have an agenda when it comes to the race of the players.

Mr. Stiller
07-23-2009, 08:13 AM
I think it's more then that.. I wont doubt if Ben is doing a show or something for ESPN, and this would hurt it before the show even starts. That, or they just selectively chose who to write about and who to sweep it under the rug so to speak.

It may have something to do with Roethlisberger doing a show for Disney, ESPN's parent company.

Or it may happen to be the fact that there is absolutely no credible evidence in this case (Whereas Harrison's case, there was the gun... Moss there was the victim and a "Witness" etc. Roeths case is just some nutzo girl going off.)

It has nothing to do with the fact that Ben's white.

Nalej
07-23-2009, 08:23 AM
I don't know if Ben is guilty or not but for the record- Not many rape victims report the incident immediately. It usually takes some time for them to come out. It may take someone close to convince them to report it, the shock to wear out a lil bit or something else.

I do think it's weird that this hasn't been on ESPN yet though. ESPN puts EVERYTHING out there. Evidence or not.

Edit: Just saw it reported on ESPN

Mr. Stiller
07-23-2009, 08:24 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/23/sports/football/23espn.html?_r=1&ref=sports
“Damage to his reputation is not our only criteria, but it’s the driving force in making this decision,” Vince Doria, the network’s senior vice president and director of news, said Wednesday afternoon while defending the decision not to report the story. He said the network was historically very cautious when “people have filed civil lawsuits alleging sexual misconduct, which is among the most serious and damaging charges you can make.”

ESPN did not report the civil lawsuit filed in 2005 by a woman who accused Michael Vick of infecting her with herpes through unprotected sex. The lawsuit was reportedly settled.

“There were no criminal charges,” Doria said, “and Vick had no history of that behavior.” Similarly, he added, “There has been no criminal complaint against Ben Roethlisberger and he has no track record of the behavior.”

But ESPN reported last month on the intent of a woman to file a civil lawsuit against Los Angeles Lakers guard Shannon Brown on sex-related charges; Doria said it was reported because it occurred during the playoffs and could affect the player and the team.

ESPN also reported on sexual assault accusations against Kobe Bryant, but they emanated from a criminal complaint and a police investigation.

yourfavestoner
07-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Colin Cowherd just explained on the radio this morning that the reason why it hasn't gotten that much press from E!SPN is because it's a civil case. If there had been any criminal charges filed whatsoever, they'd have been all over it.

NY+Giants=NYG
07-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Colin Cowherd just explained on the radio this morning that the reason why it hasn't gotten that much press from E!SPN is because it's a civil case. If there had been any criminal charges filed whatsoever, they'd have been all over it.

I think that's BS.. It's still sports news worthy when a 2 time superbowl champion QB, for a team that is very prestigous, and for a guy who just won, is in the news for something like that. They should have something on it.

princefielder28
07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I tend to agree with Cowherd but there is a current Dick's Sporting Goods ad with Big Ben in it and Dick's does sponsor some ESPN stuff so that may be a reason why it's not drawing the attention.

SuperKevin
07-23-2009, 11:37 AM
I saw it on Sportscenter today. They took about 12 seconds to explain that this chick is probably full of ****

trkaline
07-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Ben better pay up, or he will have to deal with her brother.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/The-Wire-tv-show-02.jpg

no bare feet
07-23-2009, 11:43 AM
They had something on this the other day(brief or not), this is a non news worthy subject. I don't get how people can be angry at ESPN. They do stuff like this all the time, now if it was Brett Favre...

SuperKevin
07-23-2009, 11:44 AM
They had something on this the other day(brief or not), this is a non news worthy subject. I don't get how people can be angry at ESPN. They do stuff like this all the time, now if it was Brett Favre...

I just saw on ESPN that Brett Favre had dinner at Golden Corral last night.

terribletowel39
07-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Ben just released a statement. I'm at work. But my g/f recorded it on her phone and sent it to me. Obviously he is saying the accusations are ridiculous.

keylime_5
07-23-2009, 01:22 PM
B.S. plain and simple, no way around it. They go out of their way to release a statement that it is "non-newsworthy". This is not news but Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson breaking up is. Dan Patrick called out ESPN yesterday naming several civil cases that weren't criminal convictions that ESPN reported anyways. Agenda is the name of the game here, they would be all over it if it was in their best interest. Cowherd is and always has been a tool of the network as much as I like to listen to him sometimes.

jballa838
07-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I hope he calls Kobe and asks for a way to get out of it.

no bare feet
07-23-2009, 01:26 PM
We all know that ESPN plays favorites. This is not new news.

keylime_5
07-23-2009, 01:28 PM
We all know that ESPN plays favorites. This is not new news.

yeah. the only reason i decided to respond to their ignorance this time around is because of yesterday's statement to cover their ass that kinda jerked me the wrong way.

CC.SD
07-23-2009, 01:48 PM
I hope he calls Kobe and asks for a way to get out of it.

uh...zing? Maybe not.

TimD
07-23-2009, 02:03 PM
It has nothing to do with the fact that Ben's white.

lol I love how you always say stuff without backing it up and just act like it's fact. it could very well have to do with race among other things. How do you know for sure?

Bengals78
07-23-2009, 05:20 PM
http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4148/beneid.th.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/i/beneid.jpg/)

Bad taste? probably.
Good shopping skills? probably not.
Funny? Me thinks so.

Mr. Stiller
07-23-2009, 07:15 PM
lol I love how you always say stuff without backing it up and just act like it's fact. it could very well have to do with race among other things. How do you know for sure?

Yeah, I didn't follow that up with this... or anything.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/23/sp...r=1&ref=sports
“Damage to his reputation is not our only criteria, but it’s the driving force in making this decision,” Vince Doria, the network’s senior vice president and director of news, said Wednesday afternoon while defending the decision not to report the story. He said the network was historically very cautious when “people have filed civil lawsuits alleging sexual misconduct, which is among the most serious and damaging charges you can make.”

ESPN did not report the civil lawsuit filed in 2005 by a woman who accused Michael Vick of infecting her with herpes through unprotected sex. The lawsuit was reportedly settled.

“There were no criminal charges,” Doria said, “and Vick had no history of that behavior.” Similarly, he added, “There has been no criminal complaint against Ben Roethlisberger and he has no track record of the behavior.”

But ESPN reported last month on the intent of a woman to file a civil lawsuit against Los Angeles Lakers guard Shannon Brown on sex-related charges; Doria said it was reported because it occurred during the playoffs and could affect the player and the team.

ESPN also reported on sexual assault accusations against Kobe Bryant, but they emanated from a criminal complaint and a police investigation.

Sportsfan486
07-23-2009, 08:30 PM
No criminal complaint and she's suing everyone she can possibly think of. Sad thing is she'll probably get money out of this, simply because it would add up to more to drag out the process and go to court and such. Stupid.

KCJ58
07-23-2009, 08:31 PM
he said he pulled out (done), the man won 2 superbowls give him a break

trkaline
07-23-2009, 08:46 PM
It was a misunderstanding... as it was happening she said no! Don't! Stop! In that order I can see how he got confused...case closed..

Mr. Goosemahn
08-08-2009, 06:04 AM
In a recently released report, a former hotel employee stated that the woman accusing Roethlisberger of sexual assault did, said the day she was with Roethlisberger that the act "was consensual" and she hoped to be able to have a "little Roethlisberger."

Link: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_637426.html

PalmerToCJ
08-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Anytime a professional sports player is accused of rape I'm suspicious. Not that they're morally above such a thing but come on, plenty of loose skanky girls out there just begging to be able to say they nailed some professional sports player.

As much as I hate Big Ben, even when I heard the news first I didn't think anything would come of it.

yourfavestoner
08-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Sluuuuuuuuuuut

no bare feet
08-19-2009, 12:43 PM
A motion has been filed to dismiss the lawsuit against Ben Roethlisberger

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4408073

tjsunstein
08-19-2009, 01:52 PM
No surprise there.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2009, 10:17 PM
This girl has turned out to be one hell of a gold digging *****. I hope she gets destroyed for this. Hopefully Ben can file a countersuit just to ruin her life. Make it clear that people making up allegations like this will not simply be settled with.

Mr. Stiller
08-19-2009, 10:32 PM
This girl has turned out to be one hell of a gold digging *****. I hope she gets destroyed for this. Hopefully Ben can file a countersuit just to ruin her life. Make it clear that people making up allegations like this will not simply be settled with.

I'd file a civil suit in the exact cost of her Medical Bills.

sweetness34
08-19-2009, 10:33 PM
So has it been confirmed that he had sex with her? Or is that still unknown at this point?

Mr. Stiller
08-19-2009, 10:36 PM
So has it been confirmed that he had sex with her? Or is that still unknown at this point?

I'm assuming from everything I read... Sex was consensual but, apparently she wanted more.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2009, 10:39 PM
I'd file a civil suit in the exact cost of her Medical Bills.

**** that. I'd file suit and take everythign she has to her name. What she did could have ruined alot of potential income for Ben with endorsments. She has probably hurt his public image for good, with absolutley no reason.

sweetness34
08-19-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm assuming from everything I read... Sex was consensual but, apparently she wanted more.

He's a two-time SB winning QB and he drops his standards to that? I would hope alcohol was involved in this or my opinion of Big Ben has definitely gone down.

sweetness34
08-19-2009, 10:43 PM
She has probably hurt his public image for good, with absolutley no reason.

Oh come on now. I think once everyone realizes she was making it up his image will be restored. He didn't do anything wrong here, except bang a butterface.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2009, 10:43 PM
He's a two-time SB winning QB and he drops his standards to that? I would hope alcohol was involved in this or my opinion of Big Ben has definitely gone down.

You should see the girls that he ends up in pictures with.

Smooth Criminal
08-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh come on now. I think once everyone realizes she was making it up his image will be restored. He didn't do anything wrong here, except bang a butterface.

All girls need some loving.

But look at it, I'm sure there are people that heard the first report that will always think hes a rapist because they won't follow the rest of the story. I know people on other boards already refer to him as Rapistberger, knowing damn well that he didnt do anything.

sweetness34
08-19-2009, 10:48 PM
But look at it, I'm sure there are people that heard the first report that will always think hes a rapist because they won't follow the rest of the story. I know people on other boards already refer to him as Rapistberger, knowing damn well that he didnt do anything.

That may be because they didn't like him in the first place. Anyone with half a brain can see the man is innocent.

Although maybe I'm giving the public too much credit to see through this.

Back on point though...he banged a girl who is ugly as **** and is a complete *****. I could settle for mediocre looking and a good personality but this girl has nothing going for her. Like I said, I would hope he was **** faced for that.

Smooth Criminal
08-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Ben is very often shitfaced around town. Theres pictures of him with girls that can't possibly be out of high school.