PDA

View Full Version : It goes without saying... Big Ben

ChefMike
07-22-2009, 09:25 AM
SO I am sure everyone has heard the story about Big Ben and sexual assault... and I am sure everyone thinks something happened and he should do jail time!!

BUT....
before that happens don't you think Goodell should suspend his ass prior?? Every other player that has had anything like this happen has been suspended before the verdict or kicked from the team or something of that nature..

Michael Vick: Removed from the team before the gavel came down on his sentence..

PacMan Jones: Never been convicted... but was suspended for his image

But yet ESPN refused to even report on the incident... looks to me like the NFL is trying to protect the blue collar golden boy image of Pittsburgh's team and star QB? Any thoughts?????????????

Should he be allowed to play with such serious allegations against him??

EdReedUnstoppable
07-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Rapistberger! What a douchebag!

trkaline
07-22-2009, 05:21 PM
I agree, fair is fair....

Ravens1991
07-22-2009, 05:49 PM
yea I agree that fair is fair

but I disagree w/ the whole suspension prior to anyone being convicted. It is america innocent til proven guilty.

Also this whole Big Ben case sounds a little odd from the women I doubt it lasts

America
07-22-2009, 08:40 PM
I don't think anything should happen to Big Ben

trkaline
07-22-2009, 09:07 PM
I've been turning it over in my head, and can the league do anything? This is a civil case not a criminal case.

Bengalsrocket
07-22-2009, 09:28 PM
I've been turning it over in my head, and can the league do anything? This is a civil case not a criminal case.

I think that is what separates this particular case from Pacman Jones / Michael Vick / Chris Henry etc.

If it was ever a criminal case, I agree, Ben should be suspended until it is resolved just like the other players.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-23-2009, 09:43 AM
He won't be suspended even if it goes criminal. For the same reasons holding is never called on the Colts/Steelers/Patriots, sorry to be the white guy making this racial but.....the NFL protects its golden boy white QBs.

coordinator0
07-23-2009, 11:33 AM
I really don't think that there's anything to this, and officials in Las Vegas aren't even interested in opening an investigation. Like Ravens1991 said he is innocent until proven guilty so we shouldn't be trying to suspend the guy beforehand.

ChefMike
07-23-2009, 12:00 PM
I really don't think that there's anything to this, and officials in Las Vegas aren't even interested in opening an investigation. Like Ravens1991 said he is innocent until proven guilty so we shouldn't be trying to suspend the guy beforehand.

I'm not saying that he should or shouldn't... just seems strange to me that this is getting swept under the rug.. his involvement shouldn't go unnoticed.. being its a scar on the face of the NFL, Steelers (I don't care if they look bad), and himself. Its conduct unbecoming of a Golden Boy QB so shouldn't it be addressed???

ChewyRaven318
07-24-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm tempted to think it's just some woman who wants attention..I mean did you guys SEE any pics of her? Unless Ben had a crapload of liquor before this alleged "incident", she's prolly just trying to get some cash out of it. I wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot pole. I doubt a sober Big Ben would either.

Todd Bertuzzi
07-24-2009, 09:12 PM
She was Canadian!

BmoreBlackByrdz
07-25-2009, 07:21 AM
I agree w/ Chewy, this seems a lot like what happened with the Duke Lacrosse players a while ago. I think Big Ben is innocent and it's just some woman who wants money and/or attention. But I have wondered why there hasn't been much league involvement and media around THIS.