PDA

View Full Version : Rams trade for Ronald Curry

holt_bruce81
07-22-2009, 02:50 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/around-the-horns/around-the-horns/2009/07/rams-trade-for-wr-ronald-curry/

The Rams have added some much-needed experience _ and size _ to their wide receiver corps. League sources told the Post-Dispatch on Wednesday that the team has acquired WR Ronald Curry from the Detroit Lions in a trade for defensive tackle Orien Harris.

Nice deal. Curry gives the Rams a solid veteran Receiver.

BRAVEHEART
07-22-2009, 02:56 PM
This must be a good sign for Northcutt or Derrick Williams.

nfrillman
07-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Seems like a good move to me. The Rams had a bit of a logjam at DT and needed some depth at WR. A top four corps of Avery, Robinson, Burton, and Curry looks pretty decent to me.

Paranoidmoonduck
07-22-2009, 04:16 PM
If he can stay healthy, Curry can be a nice receiver. Too bad he probably never will manage to stay on the field.

NGSeiler
07-23-2009, 09:59 AM
See, Rams fans? St. Louis found a way to draft an OT in the first round AND end up with Curry! Amazing!!

All kidding aside, if healthy, Curry has about as much chance as anyone else as winning the Rams' #2 receiver job. Looks like a good deal to me, as Harris did not have the same kind of odds as contributing at his position in such a fashion.

nfrillman
07-23-2009, 08:15 PM
I think Avery is pretty much set as the number one receiver, but I like what the Rams are doing for the the 2-5 spots. It was obvious it would be difficult for the Rams to transform their WR corps into a perceived strength (I say perceived because I feel they could be a strength) in this one offseason. So having a bunch of guys competing for the active roster just makes sense. I would think that out of Robinson, Burton, Curry, Stanley, and the others that we will be able to find reliable second and third guys.

tfry
07-23-2009, 08:17 PM
nfrillman don't forget about Randy McMichael as a third receiving option.

touchdownrams
07-24-2009, 01:20 AM
See, Rams fans? St. Louis found a way to draft an OT in the first round AND end up with Curry! Amazing!!

All kidding aside, if healthy, Curry has about as much chance as anyone else as winning the Rams' #2 receiver job. Looks like a good deal to me, as Harris did not have the same kind of odds as contributing at his position in such a fashion.

I agree. It won't shock me to see him him the #2 job in camp if he can stay healthy.

nfrillman
07-24-2009, 01:26 AM
nfrillman don't forget about Randy McMichael as a third receiving option.

He will definitely be in the mix, especially considering that the Rams are presumably headed towards a more oriented short pass offense. I'm guessing he will be a more frequent target than our number 3 WR.

yo123
07-24-2009, 01:47 AM
I've always liked Curry, supertalented guy. You didn't really have to give up anyone valuable to you either. Good deal.

KCJ58
07-24-2009, 01:50 AM
great deal for us I loved Avery when he was in Oakland, hopefully he works out well for us

diabsoule
07-24-2009, 02:47 AM
I like the deal for you guys. Curry, when healthy, can be a valuable WR and Orien Harris has never impressed me much.

freebirdsrams02
07-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Another good move by the Rams this off season.