PDA

View Full Version : vick to be reinstated, suspended.

TitleTown088
07-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Sal Paolantonio and Chris Mortensen of ESPN are now reporting that Vick will be conditionally reinstated early next week, and he'll then be suspended four additional games.

This means that Vick will be permitted to sign with a new team and participate in training camp and the preseason before sitting out the first quarter of the campaign.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

trkaline
07-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Now....the Vick sweepstakes begins...I got my eye on The Broncos.

Brent
07-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Ugh, now I have to hear people try to link the Niners to him when that is never going to happen.

TitleTown088
07-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Ugh, now I have to hear people try to link the Niners to him when that is never going to happen.

Because of the hippies?

Brent
07-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Because of the hippies?
No, because our GM and Owner said they have zero interest in ever bringing him in.

trkaline
07-23-2009, 06:25 PM
He can come to Baltimore. If he converts to WR and be our wildcat qb.

thefalconer
07-23-2009, 06:28 PM
will a team use a roster spot on him when he will be suspended four games? coupled with his lack of football activity over the course of the past 18+ months, i think he should just stick to the ufl. he apparently will be training with tom shaw in orlando so perhaps the orlando franchise is where he will end up playing.

superman8456
07-23-2009, 07:12 PM
will a team use a roster spot on him when he will be suspended four games? coupled with his lack of football activity over the course of the past 18+ months, i think he should just stick to the ufl. he apparently will be training with tom shaw in orlando so perhaps the orlando franchise is where he will end up playing.

I think a lot of teams would be remiss if they didnt take a shot at them. There are a lot of teams with nothing to lose, for instance the Rams. Marc Bulger is aging and Vick and Steven Jackson in the same backfield would be quite intimidating.

The Unseen
07-23-2009, 07:13 PM
I thought Goodell would go with the short suspension thing. I really don't see the point of it. In fact, it may make things worse - now in the middle of the season attention will go to Vick instead of Week 5 matchups.

trkaline
07-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Yeah he served his sentence. But in a League full of dicks, Goodell wants to prove he's the biggest dick of all.

Gay Ork Wang
07-23-2009, 07:22 PM
i look forward to see him play

superman8456
07-23-2009, 07:23 PM
No, because our GM and Owner said they have zero interest in ever bringing him in.

If anyone was going to straighten him out, I could definitely see Mike Singletary as one of those people.

Gay Ork Wang
07-23-2009, 07:29 PM
If anyone was going to straighten him out, I could definitely see Mike Singletary as one of those people.
its not like he has attitude problems

Brent
07-23-2009, 07:30 PM
I dont think Mike would have a problem with trying but the organization doesn't want to deal with the other BS that comes along with him, not to mention that they dont feel he would improve their chances of winning because his skill set doesn't really go with what Mike wants to do.

superman8456
07-23-2009, 07:39 PM
I dont think Mike would have a problem with trying but the organization doesn't want to deal with the other BS that comes along with him, not to mention that they dont feel he would improve their chances of winning because his skill set doesn't really go with what Mike wants to do.

I'm not gonna act like I know much about the 49ers or Mike's philosophies, but it seems like Mike wants to be able to run the ball and play great defense. Old fasion, smashmouth football.

He would sell a lot of tickets as well.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Don't be shocked to see Mike stay local, Redskins.

PoopSandwich
07-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Vikings should do it.

WMD
07-23-2009, 07:48 PM
I was hoping Vick would be huge when he got out.. Tookie size.

http://www.synthstuff.com/mt/archives/tookie-in-prison.jpg

ChezPower4
07-23-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm curious to see what he can still do

Shane P. Hallam
And yesterday, he went to a strip club. Good effort Michael!

TitleTown088
its not like he has attitude problems

http://msunderestimated.com/Michael-Vick-Finger.jpg

Not at all.

Then there's da coach.
http://frankthetank.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/ditka-middle-finger.JPG

He can pull it off with class.

ChezPower4
07-23-2009, 07:52 PM

He's been in jail for two years, can't blame the guy.

Brent
07-23-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm not gonna act like I know much about the 49ers or Mike's philosophies, but it seems like Mike wants to be able to run the ball and play great defense. Old fasion, smashmouth football.
That's Singletary's plan, and Mike Vick isnt enough of a passing threat to warrant keeping 8 guys out of the box.

TitleTown088
07-23-2009, 07:54 PM

Where did u read that?

superman8456
07-23-2009, 09:07 PM
That's Singletary's plan, and Mike Vick isnt enough of a passing threat to warrant keeping 8 guys out of the box.

He made Alge Crumpler a top TE in the league, I cant imagine what he would do with a player like Vernon Davis who can spread the field. Vick is about the same passing threat as Shaun Hill or whoever it is now.

BlindSite
07-23-2009, 10:19 PM
He made Alge Crumpler a top TE in the league, I cant imagine what he would do with a player like Vernon Davis who can spread the field. Vick is about the same passing threat as Shaun Hill or whoever it is now.

Wow, Vick made crumpler a great QB. I guess the other ten receivers Atlanta went through in Vick's time just didn't try hard enough huh...

Primetime21
07-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Wow, Vick made crumpler a great QB. I guess the other ten receivers Atlanta went through in Vick's time just didn't try hard enough huh...

An NFC South fan that hates Vick. Shocker.

Staubach12
07-24-2009, 12:38 AM
You can say I'll never learn, but I want him on the Cowboys.

BlindSite
07-24-2009, 01:28 AM
An NFC South fan that hates Vick. Shocker.

I wasn't a hater, I had one of his Jerseys and a pair of his shoes, I saw a lot of his games he was a great player to watch and a tremendous force, but he wasn't a great QB, the sooner people come to terms with intelligent thought the better.

Ness
07-24-2009, 01:41 AM

No. Shaun Hill makes way better decisions with the football than Michael Vick does. Passing at least. Running and all of that nonsense Vick has an advantage. But make no mistake, he's a terrible passer.

Doesn't really matter though. Singletary and the front office already said no. They aren't that stupid.

yo123
07-24-2009, 01:58 AM
If we don't get Favre, I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-24-2009, 07:48 AM

Not at all. I could go over this again, but it's really just not worth it.

trkaline
07-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Yes he was a tremendous athlete..bad QB..Kordell Stewart 2.0.

Sniper
07-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I kin haz Mike Vick instd uf Kevin Kolb/A.J Feeley? Kthxbai.

senormysterioso
07-24-2009, 11:35 AM

Every Madden kids wet dream.

BlindSite
07-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Not at all. I could go over this again, but it's really just not worth it.

No, I wouldn't want to lose another argument to me either.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-24-2009, 04:36 PM
No, I wouldn't want to lose another argument to me either.

Yeah, that's exactly how it plays out. Oh wait, no it's not. I think it plays out more like your Jake Delhomme being an amazing postseason QB, and the Panthers will not lose because of him quote.

ChezPower4
07-24-2009, 04:41 PM

Wildcat with Vick, Harvin and Peterson, would cause me to soul myself with fecal matter.

Sniper
07-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Wildcat with Vick, Harvin and Peterson

I, uh, yeah. I need to go change my underwear.

Gay Ork Wang
07-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Wildcat with Vick, Harvin and Peterson, would cause me to soul myself with fecal matter.
theyd all fumble as soon as they are hit

jsagan77
07-24-2009, 09:53 PM
No matter if he's a good passer or not his W/L record speaks for itself. I have no doubt if he went to the Skins they'd be a SB caliber team overnight...

TitleTown088
07-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Well, he was officially reinstated.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/07/27/qb-vick-reinstated-on-conditional-basis/

Good idea to have Dungy mentor him.

Gay Ork Wang
07-27-2009, 03:18 PM
good stuff. back to running!

Brent
07-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Minnesota: bring in Favre and Vick and cause ESPN to implode.

but in all seriousness, I thought this was interesting:

Vick has served a severe punishment from the judicial system. I'm disappointed in the decision for a conditional reinstatement. I feel like this decision was made to appease PETA.

Also, if I was to guess as to which team takes a try with him: St. Louis or Washington. No reason why.

MidwayMonster31
07-27-2009, 05:03 PM
I have a hard time believing that any team will take a flyer on him right away. The public backlash will be way too strong for teams to handle. I think that he has to do things, like working with animals and making progress with Tony Dungy to prove that he is not that guy anymore.

D-Unit
07-27-2009, 05:19 PM
If I got to see with my own eyes that he's in great playing shape, I'd take Michael Vick and trade Romo.

diabsoule
07-27-2009, 06:05 PM

I think you meant "soil" yourself, not soul. I hope you wouldn't crap out your soul.

CJSchneider
07-28-2009, 09:01 AM
I think you meant "soil" yourself, not soul. I hope you wouldn't crap out your soul.

If he signs with SF, I'd crap out my soul.

PalmerToCJ
07-28-2009, 11:06 AM
I saw the presser from Goodell and I have to give him credit. I've thought his suspensions were confusing and just all over the place but I like the way he went about this with Vick. Yes, the dude killed dogs which is awful but he has served plenty of time in prison and lost MILLIONS of dollars, certainly has to be humbling. I would say the 6 game suspension is for the best anyway because it's not like he'd play on any team in the first 6 weeks really.

Vick is no angel and it would take some PR work but surely several teams would see him as worthy of a flyer. I must say, I would think for the short term his best route would be the UFL.

Brent
07-28-2009, 11:11 AM
I like how he can participate in training camp, preseason games, meetings and practices during the season, before his 4 game suspension is up. I think that will really help his chances of getting signed somewhere, because he would know the playbook (for the most part) before his suspension is up.

BlindSite
07-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Having him get 4 weeks of training, practice, study before he actually takes NFL pounding is a good idea.

Nalej
07-28-2009, 06:29 PM
It's a good idea but Goddell didn't do that to help ease the transition back to an NFL schedule.
He did it to be a dick- he did it bc he didn't want the animal lovers to **** on him for looking like he just welcomed him back with open arms.
The man did 2 yrs in jail and you're going to add on potentially 6 more games? Why?
What does that prove? He's just saving his own ass, nothing else.

With everything Goddell's done- I hate him. I like that his "power" is being evaluated for the new collective bargaining agreement. I love it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4360661

TitleTown088
07-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Jags?

Sam Farmer of the LA Times writes on Twitter that he's hearing free agent Michael Vick signing with the Jaguars "is looking more and more real."
Another report had Vick specifically eying the 49ers and Redskins, but both of those teams have denied interest. Jacksonville has made a ton of sense all along, and has been called a likely landing spot by NFL Network's Mike Lombardi on multiple occasions. At the least, Vick could be upgrade over David Garrard's current backup, 37-year-old journeyman Todd Bouman.

roto

Gay Ork Wang
07-28-2009, 06:37 PM
NO!!! whats with Boeckman :/

yourfavestoner
07-28-2009, 06:42 PM
If Mike Vick goes to Jacksonville, I will literally jizz in my pants.

Brent
07-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Purely for the reaction on the forum that we would see from Unseen and YFS, I want to see Vick end up there. Also, it does make a lot of sense. Del Rio seems like a guy that would work well as his coach.

vikes_28
07-28-2009, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't mind Vick on the Vikings. He would better than Brett Favre. On the other hand, I believe that he will go to New England. New England has proven that they are not afraid to take a chance on a guy who has had a shady past. Aka, Moss. I think that Vick could find a future home in New England, especially if Brady hurts his knee again. Or if the knee isn't 100%. I have a feeling since Miami destroyed New England in the Wildcat formation, Bellicheck has to be thinking that he could whip something amazing up with Vick lined up at QB and Brady lined up at WR. It is just a perfect match.

ChezPower4
07-28-2009, 07:45 PM
If Mike Vick goes to Jacksonville, I will literally jizz in my pants.

I really think that the possibility is there that he'll end up in Jax. Seems like a good fit as far as the offensive scheme and the Jags like to run the ball and Vick would really help make their run game more dynamic.

BlindSite
07-28-2009, 07:54 PM
It's a good idea but Goddell didn't do that to help ease the transition back to an NFL schedule.
He did it to be a dick- he did it bc he didn't want the animal lovers to **** on him for looking like he just welcomed him back with open arms.
The man did 2 yrs in jail and you're going to add on potentially 6 more games? Why?
What does that prove? He's just saving his own ass, nothing else.

With everything Goddell's done- I hate him. I like that his "power" is being evaluated for the new collective bargaining agreement. I love it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4360661

I don't necessarily agree with Goodell's ruling but I can understand it. Vick has served his debt to society, but he hasn't served punishment for CoC violations. It sucks, but every NFL player knows if they break the law they get hit twice, it's not like Vick could've expected anything different from the NFL.

TitleTown088
07-29-2009, 12:32 AM
Ravens discussing...?

A day after GM Ozzie Newsome denied interest in Michael Vick, head coach John Harbaugh acknowledged that the Ravens have discussed the conditionally reinstated free agent.

critesy
07-29-2009, 12:55 AM
gaaahhh, redskins1! please. id love it.

if there is one qb i want other than jason campbell its vick. friiiick.

D-Unit
07-29-2009, 04:35 AM
gaaahhh, redskins1! please. id love it.

if there is one qb i want other than jason campbell its vick. friiiick.
I forget the name of your GM... Vinny something. He already shot down that they won't be looking at Vick.

I think Seattle could be a possibility with Jim Mora now the HC there. Seattle is a place away from the bright lights of the media. He could really thrive there. Hasselbeck is a constant healthy risk and I could see him starting off as a back up or in special packages and doing fine as he reinserts himself into the league slowly. He could put more people in the stands there, than scare away fans. I just think the Seattle grunge culture there just wouldn't care that much about his blemished past.

BlindSite
07-29-2009, 05:49 AM
Cerrato said no already.

Mora has always had a boner for Vick and Hasselbeck being able to take it easy when dinged up would be nice for him.

yourfavestoner
07-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Come to Jacksonville PLEASEEEEEEEEE

Brent
07-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Why would Mora bring in Vick? Vick was the reason he lost that job in the first place.

Gay Ork Wang
07-29-2009, 01:45 PM
i really want that guy to succeed.

TACKLE
07-29-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't think this team even runs Wildcat but this would such a sick backfield and I think would be a great place for Vick.

http://thestartingfive.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/im-out.jpghttp://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/NBCSports/Sections/NFL/AllMadden/photos/williams_stewart.hmedium.jpg

BlindSite
07-29-2009, 05:09 PM
I don't think this team even runs Wildcat but this would such a sick backfield and I think would be a great place for Vick.

http://thestartingfive.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/im-out.jpghttp://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/NBCSports/Sections/NFL/AllMadden/photos/williams_stewart.hmedium.jpg

It might be a homer statement, but behind our line, put the philly offense in 3 backs and a QB, stewart, Williams, Goodson and Vick. Run a 4 man option.

NotRickJames
07-30-2009, 12:18 AM
I thought Goodell would go with the short suspension thing. I really don't see the point of it. In fact, it may make things worse - now in the middle of the season attention will go to Vick instead of Week 5 matchups.

I agree. What's a four game suspension going to do?

In my opinion, Goodell should either let him play from the get-go or give him the boot permanently.