PDA

View Full Version : Inked our Nickel

Eaglez.Fan
03-09-2007, 11:15 AM
EAGLES KEEP JAMES

The Philadelphia Eagles have announced that they have signed cornerback William James to a one-year contract.

The unrestricted free agent, formerly known as William Peterson, signed with the Eagles during the 2006 season. He played in three regular-season games and one playoff contest.

James was a third-round pick in the 2001 draft, and spent five season with the Giants. He signed a contract extension but was released after missing most of the 2005 season with a back injury.

He has started in 40 NFL games in his career

I think he could play very well in the nickel, assuming he plays there.

And some other news

WR Bethel Johnson is hoping to prove his receiving skills in Philadelphia. (Hey, the fourth time might be a charm.)

WR Kevin Curtis is scheduled to visit Philadelphia today, but is unlikely to sign with anyone until he hires a new agent on Saturday

Call me crazy but I actually think Bethel can be a small impact on offense.

toonsterwu
03-09-2007, 11:19 AM
The James signing is a nice move. At one point in time, he was showing great potential, but injuries hurt him. Still, a solid depth guy to have, and young enough that he may become a starter again sometime in the future.

ryan0022
03-09-2007, 12:09 PM
yeah a solid depth guy - I guess that's see ya later to Rod Hood which I think was inevitable casue he wants to be a starter, can't blame him

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm glad we got James back, he will compete for the Nickel role. Bethel Johnson is an eh signing, buthe could make a small impact on offense, but very small, if at all.

Go_Eagles77
03-09-2007, 02:30 PM
I listened to his conference call on PE.com and he thinks he could be the starter and make the pro bowl, not gonna happen here Will.

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2007, 03:26 PM
I listened to his conference call on PE.com and he thinks he could be the starter and make the pro bowl, not gonna happen here Will.

Yeah, I definitely agree. Sorry Will, you won't jump past Sheldon and Lito.