PDA

View Full Version : Vick

freebirdsrams02
07-27-2009, 04:44 PM
What are some thoughts on Michael Vick becoming a Ram? Now that he has been reinsatted would or should the Rams go after him. I know Billy Devaney drafted him when he was at Atlanta so he could work with Vick. Just a thought to keep the conversations going.

nfrillman
07-27-2009, 05:36 PM
What are some thoughts on Michael Vick becoming a Ram? Now that he has been reinsatted would or should the Rams go after him. I know Billy Devaney drafted him when he was at Atlanta so he could work with Vick. Just a thought to keep the conversations going.

This is not happening, no way, no how. My brother went to a Q&A with Devaney a few days back and the following dialogue took place.

Fan- There is a certain, well-rested, quarterback who may now be available. Would the Rams have any interested in him?

Devaney- *laughs* I was in Atlanta when that all happened, and I can tell you we are NOT interested in Michael Vick.

NGSeiler
07-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Shut it down!

“No, no, no. That’s been beat to death,” exasperated GM Billy Devaney reiterated Tuesday.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/around-the-horns/around-the-horns/2009/07/rams-say-no-again-to-vick-rumors/

holt_bruce81
07-30-2009, 04:29 AM
Exactly. This was a bogus rumor to begin with. Why on Earth would the Rams do something like that. Just made absolutely no sense.

touchdownrams
07-30-2009, 11:20 AM

Couple things.

1. Devaney had nothing to do with drafting Vick. He was only an assistant to Rich McKay from 2006-08 in Atlanta. That was all Dan Reeves back then. Devaney was there during the outing of the dogfighting ring etc. Devaney has stated several times the Rams have no interest in Vick.

2. Every high ranking official in the Rams brain trust has shot this down numerous times. It's just not going to happen. It's time for the Vick to the Rams thing to die.