PDA

View Full Version : "breakout players" from...

TitleTown088
07-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Within your division.Forces you to acknowledge your opponents up n comers. We'll name one from our own team too because it's fun being a homer sometimes.

CHI- Greg Olsen. With Cutler as signal caller, he'll have a successful season. HM, Forte.

MIN- Sidney Rice. Tough choice to make considering Favre is not coming, but if he can stay healthy I can see him doing well.

DET- Kevin Smith. Could make a jump if the line does to. Which leads to my HM,Gosder Cherilus.

GB- Jermichael Finley. He's still young and raw but a year of learning will help his receiving game. His blocking will still be less than spectacular however. HM- Jeremy Thompson.

Go_Eagles77
07-29-2009, 03:40 PM
NYG - Kenny Phillips, S. I think he's going to make a lot of plays and make a strong bid to go to the Pro Bowl.

DAL - Anthony Spencer, OLB. With Greg Ellis leaving Spencer will have the starting spot opposite Demarcus Ware and I think he will come close to double digit sacks.

WAS - Devin Thomas, WR. He was still very raw as a rookie but with a year under his belt he could take a huge leap in his second season.

PHI - Stewart Bradley, MLB. He will be known as one of the best 4-3 MLBs in the league by season's end.

D-Unit
07-29-2009, 03:53 PM
NYG - Clint Sintim, LB - Linebackers have proven to burst onto the scene as rookies. Sintim is in the perfect situation to do so.

DAL - Felix Jones, RB. His breakout was put on hold last year due to injury, but he will bounce back with avengence this year.

WAS - Colt Brennan, QB. He will lead the team to the playoffs after Campbell is benched off a slow start.

PHI - Shady McCoy, RB - He's going to breakout from the moment he steps onto the field.

BuddyCHRIST
07-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Carolina - Everette Brown because I'm a homer
Tampa Bay - Geno Hayes because I'm a homer
Atlanta - William Moore

jballa838
07-29-2009, 03:58 PM
SEA - Justin Forsett - UDFA RB who will most likely get some carries in Mora's Offense.
STL - Donnie Avery - Should produce really well in 2nd year in the L.

SF - Vernon Davis - 1,000+ yards and 9+ TD's is not out of the question for this athletic TE.

AZ - Beanie Wells - Feature RB in a pass heavy O with legit weapons on the outside? Sounds like all the makings of a good rookie season.

TitleTown088
07-29-2009, 03:58 PM
DAL - Felix Jones, RB. His breakout was put on hold last year due to injury, but he will bounce back with avengence this year.
. Nice pick. He will be great.

ChezPower4
07-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Bears- Craig Steltz, He's got good instincts and has been in the defense for two years and looks primed to make some major contributions this season.

Vikings- Phil Loadholt, I think he'll take Ryan Cooks spot at RT and really improve the right side of the Vikings O-line and make them a better running offense.

Lions- Cliff Avril, Had some decent production in the limited time that he played and showed that he can rush the passer (5 sacks). I anticipate that he'll have a good year for the lions.

Packers- Jermichael Finley, One he gets more playing time he'll use his great athleticism to make plays in our potent passing attack.

TitleTown088
07-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Vikings- Phil Loadholt, I think he'll take Ryan Cooks spot at RT and really improve the right side of the Vikings O-line and make them a better running offense.

Sadly, I agree. Then I asks myself, is that possible?

CC.SD
07-29-2009, 04:17 PM
If Lesean McCoy gets enough touches, I vote him. Very slick and fell into the perfect team and system.

BmoreBlackByrdz
07-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Baltimore Ravens -

Jared Gaither - allowed three sacks last year and was still learning and played hurt a coulpe of games.

Joe Flacco - He got better as the season went on and hasn't showed a sign of slowing down this offseason.

Ray Rice - Worked his ass off, topped McGahee on the depth chart and should get the majority of carries.

Tarvares Gooden - He is the man who will be replacing Butt Scott, he's a Miami LB and has spent a lot of the offseason with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. He's hella fast and will do all the dirty work.

Cleveland Browns -

D'Qwell Jackson - He had a very good year last season and he went under the radar, look for him to get better and better.

Cincinnati Bengals -

Keith Rivers - He was well on his way to being a stud on that defense until Hines Ward pulled another one of his cheap shot blocks. Look for him to come back hungry and with a vengeance.

Pittsburgh Steelers -

Lawrence Timmons - The fact that they let Larry Foote go, shows that they have full confidence in Timmons. He is there fastest LB and is still getting a lot better. He's great on blitzes and will only get better in coverage as well. He is the next great Pittsburgh LB along with Woodley.

LaMarr Woodley - He was in the shadow if Harrison last year but I expect Harrison to slow down a bit and look for Woodley to be there premier pass rusher. He might not be great in coverage, but he is there best blitzing OLB.

Heath Miller - If this guy was on a pass happy team, he would be a top fantasy TE. Throughout all the Steeler games I've watched, I've seen him drop 1 pass. Look for Arians to utilize him more in the passing game because he is there best option.

BlindSite
07-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Gary Barnidge in carolina, it's a homer pick, but he's the only really decent TE prospect we have. I love Rosario but he's looking more and more like a peerless price type of guy. one blow up game a year and that's it.

New orleans - Porter, great young CB and showed a lot of promise pre-injury.

Mr. Stiller
07-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Baltimore Ravens -

Jared Gaither - allowed three sacks last year and was still learning and played hurt a coulpe of games.

Joe Flacco - He got better as the season went on and hasn't showed a sign of slowing down this offseason.

Ray Rice - Worked his ass off, topped McGahee on the depth chart and should get the majority of carries.

Tarvares Gooden - He is the man who will be replacing Butt Scott, he's a Miami LB and has spent a lot of the offseason with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. He's hella fast and will do all the dirty work.

Cleveland Browns -

D'Qwell Jackson - He had a very good year last season and he went under the radar, look for him to get better and better.

Cincinnati Bengals -

Keith Rivers - He was well on his way to being a stud on that defense until Hines Ward pulled another one of his cheap shot blocks. Look for him to come back hungry and with a vengeance.

Pittsburgh Steelers -

Lawrence Timmons - The fact that they let Larry Foote go, shows that they have full confidence in Timmons. He is there fastest LB and is still getting a lot better. He's great on blitzes and will only get better in coverage as well. He is the next great Pittsburgh LB along with Woodley.

LaMarr Woodley - He was in the shadow if Harrison last year but I expect Harrison to slow down a bit and look for Woodley to be there premier pass rusher. He might not be great in coverage, but he is there best blitzing OLB.

Heath Miller - If this guy was on a pass happy team, he would be a top fantasy TE. Throughout all the Steeler games I've watched, I've seen him drop 1 pass. Look for Arians to utilize him more in the passing game because he is there best option.

I agree with every player you picked. I might add Burnett/Sweed/Mendenhall over Miller because Arians isn't smart enough to use his most reliable receiver.

However, Timmons is excellent in coverage. He was covering #3 WR's last year. His issue is his ability to stuff the run is unproven.

Timmons is quoted by 2 reliable reporters to be at 245lbs and More Explosive than he has been the past 2 seasons.

And Cheap shot block? Tell Keith Rivers to look up.

Thumper
07-29-2009, 05:19 PM
New York- Dominik Hixon- He showed talent last season and now he is a starter in place of Plax, his production should jump

Washington- Devin Thomas- He should play a bigger role this season and he is a gifted player, he should easily move Randle-El to the slot.

Dallas- Felix Jones- This guy was a monster and he is IMO going to be one of the best players in the NFC East very quickly. Last year he ran extremely well, averaging 8.9 YPC. He is also a very explosive kick returner and he is the runner I fear most on the Cowboys.

Eagles- LeSean "Shady" McCoy- This guy is doing great in training camp and he should see a fair amount of touches coming his way. He splits out wide, he catches very well in the flats and he is extremely smooth in all aspects of his game. I would've put Brent Celek here but with Cornelius Ingram being a total monster thus far, Celek should lose valuable targers to Ingram.

TACKLE
07-29-2009, 05:21 PM

T-Good and Ray Rice are both good choices. Also look out for Michael Oher and Jameel McClain.

vidae
07-29-2009, 05:27 PM
San Diego Chargers: Larry English - It's a rookie, but with him on that defense it's going to be even scarier for the AFC West than last year. I'm TOTALLY looking forward to them twice a year.

Denver Broncos: Knowshon Moreno - Another rookie. It'll be crazy with a legitimate top talent at RB with that offensive line, if they can keep it together. I actually like Orton as a dark horse here, because I've been a fan of his. Obviously he's no Cutler, but I think he can get it done.

Oakland Raiders: Zach Miller - I'm not sure you'd call this a "breakout" player, as he has been pretty solid so far, but I could see him having a much bigger season this year no matter who is taking snaps under center.

Kansas City Chiefs: I have two players I think could be breakout players for us. Glen Dorsey and Brad Cottam. Dorsey is a great talent, he was just used in the worst possible way. I think any production out of him this year could be considered break out by most of the fans/media. Brad Cottam will be a solid to good TE in this league, especially now that he's the starter and he has Cassel throwing to him. I like him a lot in this offense too, as is he a good blocker and can help out in that capacity as well.

wonderbredd24
07-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Cleveland Browns - D'Qwell Jackson, ILB
He has been very good... in fact, on a team that did not score an offensive touchdown the last game, he still gave his all on every play. With Shaun Rogers in front of him, he has lots of protection to make plays. He knows how to read the field, has a ton of range, and makes plays in the passing game. Mangin is focusing his defense around Jackson, so he will have every opportunity to be the man.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Rashard Mendenhall, RB
He was hurt last year, but his size, speed and running style fit the Steelers like a glove. He should be a terror if the Steelers can block for him. I'm not sure how true it is that Willie Parker is losing his effectiveness, but if that's true, Mendenhall will have a ton of opportunities to make a big impact.

Baltimore Ravens - Michael Oher, OT
I fully expect him to be dominant at RT right from the start. I was hoping the Browns would take him to play opposite of Thomas, but Mack was a good consilation prize. The Ravens could end up with the best pair of bookend tackles in football this year and when you're going against guys like Lamar Woodley and James Harrison, it makes a huge difference.

Cincinnati Bengals - Keith Rivers, OLB
It's an obvious pick just because of how overwhelmingly good he looked in the short time he played as a rookie. With Maualuga next to him, they should have a pretty good LB core. If the DLine can make some noise this year, the Bengals defense COULD improve by leaps and bounds and make some noise within the division.

T-RICH49
07-29-2009, 05:34 PM
SD - Antonio Cromartie: had a bad year last year but I expect him to bounce back and become a top 10 CB this year

OAK - Micheal Bush: after what he did to Tampa at season's end he deserves to be featured more this year.he and DMC could be a force

DEN - Robert Ayers: went with a rookie here.I was a fan of his in the draft and expect him to contribute right away

KC - Dwayne Bowe: this might surprise some.I think Bowe has been really good the first 2 year buit now with him being the focus with TG gone I expect The Show to explode big time this year

abaddon41_80
07-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Rams - Gotta go with Chris Long. With Spags coaching him I would be surprised if he doesn't get double-digit sacks.

Seahawks - Brandon Mebane. Last year he was quietly one of the best 4-3 DT's in the league. Expect him to be mentioned with the likes of Kevin Williams and Tommie Harris this year.

Cardinals - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Had a fantastic rookie season and will only get better.

TitleTown088
07-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Gary Barnidge in carolina, it's a homer pick, but he's the only really decent TE prospect we have. I love Rosario but he's looking more and more like a peerless price type of guy. one blow up game a year and that's it.

I agree with every player you picked. I might add Burnett/Sweed/Mendenhall over Miller because Arians isn't smart enough to use his most reliable receiver.

However, Timmons is excellent in coverage. He was covering #3 WR's last year. His issue is his ability to stuff the run is unproven.

Timmons is quoted by 2 reliable reporters to be at 245lbs and More Explosive than he has been the past 2 seasons.

And Cheap shot block? Tell Keith Rivers to look up.

Ahhh. I start a thread about divisional teams and look which two stop by to talk about well, only their own team. Priceless.

Brent
07-29-2009, 06:07 PM
49ers - Josh Morgan - he was limited early in the year by a staph infection, in 2008, but is now starting opposite Issac Bruce.

http://www.dailypress.com/media/photo/2008-12/44261099.jpg

Cards - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - I dont know who else they have at corner that can start besides McFadden.

http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0129/nfl_u_rodgers-cromartie_576.jpg

Seattle Seahawks - John Carlson - a healthy Hasselbeck means he'll bet getting more than 5 TDs, 627 yards and 55 receptions.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c122/crazyseahawkfan/johncarl.jpg

Rams - Donnie Avery - this is assuming someone can get the ball to him.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gxG4hmfDl1Bg/610x.jpg

tjsunstein
07-29-2009, 06:18 PM
I don't think you could consider Carlson a breakout player this year. As a matter of fact, all of those guys broke out last year. We all know who they are and their potential. Maybe to the casual fantasy football fan, they haven't broken out yet making your list acceptable. They all had decent years last year. But then again, how do you define a break out player?

Green Bay : Jermichael Finley was said twice so I'll go with Jeremy Thompson although he was an honorable mention on a list.

Minnesota : Tyrell Johnson. I really liked the saftey from Arkansas coming out. I think he can do big things filling in for Sharper.

Detroit : Let me get back to this one.

Chicago : Gotta go with Greg Olsen, Cutler will help him a lot.

Mr. Stiller
07-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Ahhh. I start a thread about divisional teams and look which two stop by to talk about well, only their own team. Priceless.

I would have put the same players from other teams. Sorry for the minor correction about my teams players.

So sorry, I didn't realize who started this thread, or else I would've known that I am completely incapable of providing any information.

But anyways.

Ravens: Ray Rice: Was a great runner at Rutgers. Word is he unseated McGahee this year. With No WR's he's going to be the main man on offense. They have the OL to let him rip loose, I'm excited to see what he can do.

Bengals: Anthony Collins. I wasn't a fan when he came out but Watching him step in a few games last season he was solid. If he works the kinks out I see no reason why he can't be the franchise LT. Which Makes me wonder if Smith would be better served at RT with Collins at Left?

Browns: I'm stuck between two here. Jerome Harrison or Brandon McDonald. I don't think either will be considered elite but I think they'll finally get some serious Playtime. Both have shown to be exceptional when called upon, I'm wondering if they play that way full time. I'm a fan of McDonald. Makes some phenomenal plays.

diabsoule
07-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Atlanta - William Moore and Stephen Nicholas
Carolina - Richard Marshall
Tampa Bay - Quincy Black

Nalej
07-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Bills- Trent Edwards. An upgraded o-line and T.O. Nuff said, really.

Patriots- Brendan Merriweather. Enters his first year as the full time starter. Was a playmaker last year when given the shot and took advantage of it.

Dolphins- Jason Taylor. Back to his home team- after a disappointing season in Washington- I think he'll be back to form. Not DPOY form but comparatively so.

Jets- Dustin Keller. Had a good year with Favre last year. Sanchez is a young rookie who'll look for Keller to get him out of trouble especially with the lack of WR talent on the team.

Thumper
07-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Bills- Trent Edwards. An upgraded o-line and T.O. Nuff said, really.

Wait what?

Nalej
07-29-2009, 07:35 PM
I know what you're about to say- they lost Peters.
They did draft several interior o-lineman though that should make an immediate impact
and the Bills are very content with the guy replacing Peters.

Regardless- Edwards is my choice for the Bills

D-Unit
07-29-2009, 07:46 PM
They did draft several interior o-lineman though that should make an immediate impact

Yeah Peters has gone downhill, imo. C Eric Wood and OG Andy Levitre (with the pick they got from the Cowboys) are the guys they took... Nice additions.

Mr. Stiller
07-29-2009, 07:47 PM

didn't Peters give up the most sacks by a LT last year (11.5 IIRC)?

lordquas
07-29-2009, 07:48 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2009-07/48326233.jpg

JT Jag
07-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Jaguars: Mike Walker. It's now or never, and if he can avoid further injury and get over the numerous persona tragedies that plagued him last year he has the ability to break onto the scene in a big way.

Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Gonzales. He's produced pretty well his first two years, but I think a big 1,000 yard, 8 TD year is inevitable come this year.

Tennessee Titans: Jason Jones. Someone has to fill the void Haynesworth has left on that line. Jones won't get the fans to forget about Haynesworth, but he'll do his best.

Houston Texans: Xavier Adibi. I think he really goes far to fill a niche in that defense.

TACKLE
For the Bills, I really don't like Langston Walker at LT. He'll get eaten up by Joey Porter and Adailius Thomas. They also have 5 new startes (including 1 position change) and even if you have quality players it still takes time for the O-Line unit to develop.

Thumper

Langston Walker is replacing him... Walker was an above average RT but he has struggled in the past as a LT. His best position was LT and he lacks the athleticism and feet to play LT effectively.

And your rookies? Have fun with them lol. Watching the Senior Bowl I thought Eric Wood looked mediocre, I saw defensive tackles slip by him in practices, he was pushed back and during scrimmages he was consistently the weak point on the offensive line from what I saw. He is going to have a hell of a time with the nose tackles in the AFC East because he can dominate college tackles in the run game but I'd like to see him move Kris Jenkins or Vince Wilfork. Andy Levitre is good in pass protection but he lacks the strength overall to be much of a force in the run game. Seth McKiney, Kirk Chambers and Geoff Hangartner are all mediocre. Brad Butler has talent but he is changing positions and he didn't do all that well at OG and gives no reason to believe he will succeed at RT. That doesn't even cover the depth at the tackle spots which is questionable at best, the interior line has decent depth with the draft picks, but not fantastic.

It is my opinion that Levitre and Butler will be the best lineman on the Bills, Wood will bust and Langston Walker will be moving either back to RT or OG after this season.

Nalej
07-29-2009, 07:53 PM
That's all fantastic. I'ma Pats fan and honestly- I hope you're right about it all.

D-Unit
07-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Jaguars: Mike Walker. It's now or never, and if he can avoid further injury and get over the numerous persona tragedies that plagued him last year he has the ability to break onto the scene in a big way.
Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Gonzales. He's produced pretty well his first two years, but I think a big 1,000 yard, 8 TD year is inevitable come this year.

Tennessee Titans: Jason Jones. Someone has to fill the void Haynesworth has left on that line. Jones won't get the fans to forget about Haynesworth, but he'll do his best.

Houston Texans: Xavier Adibi. I think he really goes far to fill a niche in that defense.
I'm really excited to see if he can "breakout" or not. He and Brandon Marshall are best friends. It's time for him to join the party.

Sniper
07-29-2009, 08:02 PM
didn't Peters give up the most sacks by a LT last year (11.5 IIRC)?

Yup. He also missed TC and hated playing in Buffalo. I'm willing to bet with a brand-new contract and a competent QB, he'll be much better.

Dallas- Felix Jones. I'm officially scared whenever he touches the ball.

New York- Mario Manningham. Don't act so surprised that I, of all people, picked Mario. ;) He's going to be a beast.

Washington- Fred Davis. Beast of a TE. Loved him at USC.

abaddon41_80
07-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Yup. He also missed TC and hated playing in Buffalo. I'm willing to bet with a brand-new contract and a competent QB, he'll be much better.

All homerism aside, right?

superman8456
07-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Cowboys - Martellus Bennett. Love him in both blocking and receiving. This guy is a stud and I would love to have him on the Eagles.

Redskins - DeAnegello Hall isnt being talked about as a top CB anymore. I'm not saying he ever warranted that, but he's currently flying under the radar.

New York - Kenny Phillips.

Sniper
07-29-2009, 09:07 PM
All homerism aside, right?

Always, always.

ChezPower4
07-29-2009, 09:14 PM
San Diego Chargers: Larry English - It's a rookie, but with him on that defense it's going to be even scarier for the AFC West than last year. I'm TOTALLY looking forward to them twice a year.

I don't think that English will have much of an impact this season. With Phillips and Merriman playing in front of him the only playing time I see him getting would be in obvious passing situations or giving one of the other two starters a breather for a play or two.

yourfavestoner
07-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Indianapolis Colts: Tony Ugoh/Anthony Gonzales (tie). I think Ugoh takes the steps into becoming one of the better left tackles in the league this year, and Gonzales is just due for a breakout season now that he'll be sliding into the flanker spot full time.

Houston Texans: Amobi Okoye. Time for this youngster (remember he was only 19 when drafted) to start putting all of his physical tools together and start taking some pressure of Mario Williams.

Tennessee Titans: Michael Griffin. I guess you could say he's already "broken out" but he's never really mentioned with the top safeties in the league. Dude is an absolute stud and is always around the football.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Reggie F'n Nelson. A switch back to a much simpler Cover Two base scheme should work wonders for Nelson, (who wasn't exactly considered a genius coming out) as he simply looked lost most of the time in Gregg Williams' scheme. He'll hopefully get to roam around and use his great athletic ability to become the playmaker that he's capable of being.

princefielder28
07-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Green Bay :: Jordy Nelson
Detroit :: Kevin Smith (i feel like this is too easy of a choice)
Chicago :: greg olsen
Minnesota :: Tyrell Johnson

SenorGato
07-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Pats: Brandon Merriweather - Jets fans still swear this guy sucks because they read it in a newspaper a couple of years ago. He was pretty good last year, and should get better. Shawn Crable would be my other pick, because that dude was awesome at Michigan.

Jets: Vernon Gholston - Yep. If not it's Cotchery/Keller...Cotchery is such an underrated athlete.

Miami: I'd say Cameron Wake just for the shiggles, but no. I hope it's no one. To not be an a-hole I'll just say Langford/Merling. Those guys are some nice DEs for that D...I wish we took one of them.

Bills: Lee Evans, who still remains the leagues most underrated WR.

Rob S
07-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Bills- Eric Wood or Andy Levitre or both- They are both probably going to start, at least one will have to be good right away......please God may one of them be good right away.

***Lee Evans is an honorable mention. I think he may outperform TO this year as he finally has a legit compliment WR. As a side note, not many teams can compare to a trio of To, Lee, and Reed (who is excellent in the slot). Now if we could only fix that OL......

Pats- I agree with Merriweather, guy is good, real good.

Dolphins- Ted Ginn Jr.....I think he is just going to be a really good, explosive player this year. He will always be up and down (kinda like a Steve Smith), but I expect more ups this year.

Jets- I dont know. I hate rookie QBs so I am hesitant to pick anyone on offense altho I am a big fan of Cotchery. I am going to guess Gholston just because of Rex Ryan and Vernon's athletic beastness. I dont really love the Jets this year tho.....I am not sold. Rex is a good hire long term tho.

fenikz
07-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Cards - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - I dont know who else they have at corner that can start besides McFadden.

why would we need 3 starting corners?

TitanHope
07-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Tennessee - Jason Jones, DT - Notched 5 Sacks and 3 Forced Fumbles as a 3rd string rookie last season.

Indianapolis - Clint Sessions/Philip Wheeler, OLB - Kinda torn with Indy. Sessions is their most talented OLB (Or so I believe I've heard Colts fans say that), so perhaps his play will get better with an improved DL in front of him. Curious about the opposite OLB spot if Philip Wheeler gets the start.

Houston - ANTONIOSMITHZzZOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!1!1!ONE1!1!!!

Jacksonville - Daryl Smith, MLB - After Mike Peterson leaving in FA, Smith will be Jax's fulltime MIKE this season. At least, I think he plays MIKE... I get him, Justin Durant, and Clint Ingram mixed up... -_-"

phlysac
07-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Thought I'd go with players yet to be mentioned...

Arizona Cardinals
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2061/calaiscampbell.jpg
Calais Campbell

Seattle Seahawks
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3894/redbryant.jpg
Red Bryant

St. Louis Rams
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3548/keenanburton.jpg
Keenan Burton

San Francisco 49ers
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6311/dashongoldson.jpg
Dashon Goldson

Hines
07-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Steelers: Lawrence Timmons
Bengals: Ben Utecht
Browns: Brady Quinn
Ravens: Tavares Goodman

diabsoule
07-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Ravens: Tavares Goodman

Tavares Gooden was one of my favorite players in the 2008 draft. I think he's going to beast as a starter.

the decider13
07-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Didn't read the first page, so I may have missed it but:

I'd be lookin for Josh Morgan to be the top reciever in San Fran this year.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h221/markiemarko/miscellaneous/moyao001.jpg

themaninblack
07-30-2009, 12:45 AM
AFC North:
Baltimore Ravens- Jared Gaither: One of the more impressive young offensive lineman I've seen in some time. The Ravens got a good one in him.

Pittsburgh Steelers- Rashard Mendenhall: I am really hoping this kid is a big time bust but I think he could be a big contributor to that team and eventually take over for WP. If they can shore up their OL- watch out.

Cleveland Browns- I really don't know or care. Brady Quinn maybe?

Cincinnati Bengals- While I agree with the Keith Rivers getting many votes, his emergence is already pretty much expected in my book. He started out great and was poised for a huge year before getting hurt. I'm going to go with Pat Sims on this one though. IDK for sure if he'll be a starter or not with the addition of Tank Johnson, but I think this kid could prove to be a REALLY good DT in this league for years to come. Could make us forget about not jumping up to get Sedrick Ellis altogether.

yourfavestoner
07-30-2009, 03:17 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers- Rashard Mendenhall: I am really hoping this kid is a big time bust but I think he could be a big contributor to that team and eventually take over for WP. If they can shore up their OL- watch out.

I still believe that Mendenhall is gonna be the best back out of last year's loaded RB class.

Seamus2602
07-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Houston Texans: Amobi Okoye - DT

Okoye is in a very good position. During the Offseason the Texans strengthened their Defensive Line, bringing in Antonio Smith and drafting Connor Barwin. With Smith and Mario Williams providing pressure on the outside, Okoye should have a very good year bringing pressure on the inside.

http://i30.tinypic.com/2j67h5j.gif

Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Gonzalez - WR

Anthony Gonzalez played his best football in his Rookie season when he lined up as the number #2 Receiver, opposite Reggie Wayne. Gonzalez will be doing that again this year and has now also spent 2 full seasons in the league and 2 seasons with Manning. Wide Receivers normally breakout in the 3rd Season in the league and so everything is primed for Gonzo to step up this season.

http://i30.tinypic.com/29aya0l.gif

Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Harvey - DE

There were signs last season that Harvey was starting to play well, even registering 2 sacks against Baltimore in Week 17. Rookie DEs normally struggle, a fact that wasn't helped by Harvey's late entry to Training Camp. With him starting to learn the Defense, and getting a full Training Camp, Harvey could have a very good 2009 campaign.

http://i29.tinypic.com/21ceff9.gif

Tennessee Titans: Bo Scaife - TE

Bo Scaife has improved consistently since his entry into the league, getting better and better every year. While it could be argued that the Titans brining in better Wide Receivers will reduce Scaife's chances in the passing game, Scaife will continue to be a good target and will take advantage of Safties having to stay deeper against the new Wide Receivers.

http://i32.tinypic.com/o6lbp3.gif

Hines
07-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Ravens: Tavares Goodon

I actually change my Bengals pick to their improving defense. Later in the year they started to stop the run a whole lot better, plus they get a lot of takeaways(I believe they were top 5 in this stat?). If they can get to the passer, I believe they could very well contend for a playoff spot if that offensive line holds up and Palmer stays healthy.

AFC North:
Baltimore Ravens- Jared Gaither: One of the more impressive young offensive lineman I've seen in some time. The Ravens got a good one in him.

Cleveland Browns- I really don't know or care. Brady Quinn maybe?

Cincinnati Bengals- While I agree with the Keith Rivers getting many votes, his emergence is already pretty much expected in my book. He started out great and was poised for a huge year before getting hurt. I'm going to go with Pat Sims on this one though. IDK for sure if he'll be a starter or not with the addition of Tank Johnson, but I think this kid could prove to be a REALLY good DT in this league for years to come. Could make us forget about not jumping up to get Sedrick Ellis altogether.

He's going to bust a nut on every single one of your defenders! But in all seriousness, I have read that Mendenhall gained good weight in the offseason and is around 230, but at the same speed. I just hope he takes the next step for us. He should be exciting to watch.

HawkeyeFan
07-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Seattle Seahawks
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0814/nfl_g_jackson_600.jpg

Arizona Cardinals
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008_images/fantasy/tim-hightower.jpg

San Fransisco 49ers
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04fgfZJfd29bP/340x.jpg

St. Louis Rams
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/10/26/23__1225048581_4416.jpg

ThePudge
07-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers - It's going to be a toss up between Mendenhall ( a popular choice), Lawrence Timmons (a popular choice), and Limas Sweed with an increased role in 2009. I am most sold, personally, on Timmons. I think the guy will be one of the better linebackers in the league. I'm not expecting gaudy sack numbers or anything ridiculous out of any of his stats, but I think he will be a noticeable upgrade as a full-time starter, which is saying something on that defense. Neither Sweed nor Mendenhall have absolutely convinced me, but then again, Rashard was hurt and rookie receivers are never known to be overly productive.

Cleveland Browns - Brady Quinn. Finally. I think Quinn will emerge this season as a solid Quarterback for Cleveland. The Browns have plenty of issues on both sides of the ball, so Quinn's breakout season may not be expressed well in the standings, but the Browns will finally know what they have there and be able to build confidently around him.

Baltimore Ravens - Tavares Gooden. The Ravens strength up front will ease Gooden's transition to a starting role and will ease the loss of Bart Scott. By the end of the season, I could easily see Gooden as, unanimously, their best ILB with the declining play of Ray Lewis. Another guy that may not put up gaudy sack numbers or anything to jettison him to a quick Pro Bowl, but should have a good year on a still dangerous defensive unit.

Cincinnati Bengals - Let me go Roy Williams here. He gets the early nod over Chinedum Ndukwe on the depth chart and certainly adds a different aspect to the defense. I am taking a real wait-and-see approach here with Williams and I'm really only giving him the time of day because of the rave reviews he's drawn without pads on and the fact that he's back with Mike Zimmer, the DC that made him a Pro Bowler early in his career. After Zimmer left, Williams wasn't the same player, but still received the same kind of credit and accolades. This pissed fans off and gave Roy Williams his overrated image. If Roy is back in shape, back motivated, which have been noted as positive signs with his second team, then our defense can be a Top 10 unit. Obviously there are other factors, but Roy Williams is able to impact a game from the back end and has a knack for getting in QB's and Receivers heads. Those who pay attention to the Bengals know, no defensive player has struck such fear into a defense since perhaps Takeo Spikes. The best part... If the Williams experiment doesn't pan out and we see balls flying over his head in training camp, Chinedum Ndukwe is an experienced starter and a pretty good one at that. Zimmer could have some fun this year.

TitleTown088
07-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Jacksonville Jaguars: Reggie F'n Nelson. A switch back to a much simpler Cover Two base scheme should work wonders for Nelson, (who wasn't exactly considered a genius coming out) as he simply looked lost most of the time in Gregg Williams' scheme. He'll hopefully get to roam around and use his great athletic ability to become the playmaker that he's capable of being.
Hmm.....
Gerald Alexander will begin Jaguars training camp at free safety, indicating that Reggie Nelson's starting job may be in jeopardy.

Roto.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=8032&source=rss

SuperMcGee
07-30-2009, 03:29 PM
It is my opinion that Levitre and Butler will be the best lineman on the Bills, Wood will bust and Langston Walker will be moving either back to RT or OG after this season.

If Butler and Levitre are guys I shouldn't worry about, then my expectations for our offense just skyrocketed.

Walker I have concerns for, but he's a good linemen and I'm just hoping he can give us something average there.

cvv84
07-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Hmm.....

Roto.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=8032&source=rss

Wasn't Nelson playing through injury though for the majority of the season?

cvv84
07-30-2009, 03:39 PM
NFC North

Packers: Jermey Thompson, Jermichael Finley, Josh Sitton

Bears: Greg Olsen, Kevin Payne (will become better known after a great season last year), Earl Bennett

Vikings: Tyrell Johnson, Sidney Rice

Lions: Cliff Avril, Kevin Smith, possibly rookie LB DeAndre Levy

DiG
07-30-2009, 04:45 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_t9D_ovmGhQE/SK7kY1VgXbI/AAAAAAAAPMY/5-9Cpo_VEXQ/s400/LaRon+Landry.jpg
Skins - LaRon Landry // I know a lot of you are probably saying "hasnt he already broken out??" but I honestly think that the last two years, while he has been a great safety and shown flashes of brilliance that this upcoming year he is truly going to take his game to the highest level.

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq225/bctphotos/1228eagles1-1.jpg
Eages - Omar Gaither // After 100 tackles two years ago, Gaither fell off last year missing a handful of games. I see him reestablishing himself this year as a stud and leading the team in tackles.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/images/Felix_Jones07_330_220.jpg
Cowboys - Felix Jones // Jones really does scare me more than Barber with the ball. He has what it takes to be a threat at any point in the game. If utilized correctly he is a big time threat.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/01/12/alg_fb8.jpg
Giants - Steve Smith // Someone has to step up at receiver this year and I dont think it is going to be a rookie right away. Smith has very reliable hands and where he might not be the fastest player he runs good routes.

yourfavestoner
07-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Steve Smith is the next Keenan McCardell

AntoinCD
07-30-2009, 05:57 PM
AFC East;

Bills-Lee Evans

This guy is a great WR who simply plays on a bad team and had no help. Now T.O will inevitebly take some coverage from him and I would take Lee Evans 100 times out of 100 in a 1 on 1 situation. I think he will be a pro bowler this year.

Jets-Dustin Keller

I really couldn't think of anyone for the Jets. I really don't see Gholston transforming into a pass rushing monster from last year when he played about 6 snaps. Keller is a good pass catcher and with no real threats on the outside could get a lot of chances.

Dolphins-Philip Merling

I was tempted to say Ted Ginn Jr but like Gholston im not expecting a lot. Merling was outplayed a lot last year by Langford but I do expect him to become a very good DE in the system.

New England Patriots-Brandon Merriweather

Was thinking about saying someone else because everyone has picked him but I really do think he can a special player. He makes impact plays. His athleticism is something the Patriots haven't had at the position in a long time.

OneToughGame
07-30-2009, 06:14 PM
SEA - Justin Forsett - UDFA RB who will most likely get some carries in Mora's Offense.
STL - Donnie Avery - Should produce really well in 2nd year in the L.

SF - Vernon Davis - 1,000+ yards and 9+ TD's is not out of the question for this athletic TE.

AZ - Beanie Wells - Feature RB in a pass heavy O with legit weapons on the outside? Sounds like all the makings of a good rookie season.

Justin Forsett was drafted jballa, Round 7 pick 233 ;)

Brent
07-30-2009, 06:23 PM
why would we need 3 starting corners?
honestly, I dont really follow your roster that closely.

DeathbyStat
07-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Raven-Ray Rice

Bengals-Keith Rivers

Browns-Alex Mack

Chief49er
07-30-2009, 07:49 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0814/nfl_g_jackson_600.jpg

Hahahahaha, Booty.

TitleTown088
07-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Hahahahaha, Booty.

I noted the bit of irony in that pic as well.

falloutboy14
07-31-2009, 12:26 AM
Tennessee Titans Chris Johnson: I mad ea point to pick him in as many fantasy leagues as I could. Anyone remember the Ravens/Titans playoff game? He was getting 5-6 yards per carry before getting injured. Aside from AP & Michael Turner I think he'll have the most rushing yards in the league.

Houstan Texans Owen Daniels: Even though he made the Pro Bowl last year, I think he'll benefit from an overall better offense. Slaton will have a year under his belt, & the O-line will coalesce giving Shaub a better chance to hit is targets. Johnson is a stuf at WR and Daniels is a great #2 option.

Indianopolis Colts Anthony Gonzalez: Whitout Harrison he's inherited the #2 spot at WR. When he's been in the starting lineup he's shined. In an offense where he's the #3 receiving option he'll be going against the weaker CB without much safety help. With a healthy O-line and P-Money he'll do just fine.

Jacksonville Jaguars: No one comes to mind right away, but I think I'll go with David Gerrard. The big drop off from two years ago to last year was obviously the O-line. This year the O-line will be healthier and rejuvenated with 2 first day draft picks. With a stable & capable line infront of him & an all-star in the back-field, Gerrard will be able to find wholes in the 8-man fronts.

ChezPower4
07-31-2009, 12:29 AM
All the guys you've mentioned have kinda already broken out.

SenorGato
07-31-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm going to switch my Jets breakout to Kellen Clemens, who is going to put our rookie in his place.

Many people are D-riding the crap out of Sanchez. I really liked Sanchez as a prospect, but I don't think it'd kill him if he didn't start this year.

bigbluedefense
07-31-2009, 08:59 AM
PHI: Stewart Bradley

NYG: Kenny Phillips

WASH: DHall

DAL: Anthony Spencer

BufFan71
07-31-2009, 09:26 AM
Patriots: Terrence Wheatley-- Hes got soo much speed, and hes so smart, if he can stay off the injury list.. then he is my canidate.

Dolphins: Ernest WIlford-- he failed to live up to his big FA signing last year, and i think he knows if he doesnt produce this year, he could be out from Miami, and maybe even the NFL

Jets: Donald Strickland--- quit honestly, i dont like anyone on the jets roster. ANd strickland is from CU, so i figured.. hell why not?

Homer:
Buffalo: Demetrius Bell-- this guy is the next Jason Peters. He will be starting at LT sometime this season. He has soo much Athleticism, but is extremely raw.. he will be VERY Good

critesy
07-31-2009, 11:19 AM
PHI: Stewart Bradley

NYG: Kenny Phillips

WASH: DHall

DAL: Anthony Spencer

yes please, he is absolutely going to beast it up this year.

SuperMcGee
07-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Patriots: Terrence Wheatley-- Hes got soo much speed, and hes so smart, if he can stay off the injury list.. then he is my canidate.

Dolphins: Ernest WIlford-- he failed to live up to his big FA signing last year, and i think he knows if he doesnt produce this year, he could be out from Miami, and maybe even the NFL

Jets: Donald Strickland--- quit honestly, i dont like anyone on the jets roster. ANd strickland is from CU, so i figured.. hell why not?

Homer:
Buffalo: Demetrius Bell-- this guy is the next Jason Peters. He will be starting at LT sometime this season. He has soo much Athleticism, but is extremely raw.. he will be VERY Good

Don't see it happening for Bell just yet, or really even him being THAT good. We were spoiled with how Peters turned out. I just can't expect that. I do wish he had the coach that Peters had in McNally.

TACKLE
07-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Don't see it happening for Bell just yet, or really even him being THAT good. We were spoiled with how Peters turned out. I just can't expect that. I do wish he had the coach that Peters had in McNally.

Great point. Jim McNally was one of if not the best O-Line coach in the league.

murdamal86
08-02-2009, 11:24 AM

Lord knows we need HUGE seasons out of these two this year