PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Nelson at #14?

pantherfreak
03-09-2007, 12:31 PM
What would you guys think of that? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWImu1_hl3o)

I also think we should pick up G Edwin Mulitalo and stick him at RG.

hippiedude1983
03-09-2007, 12:50 PM
i think reggie nelson would be a solid pick at #14. levi brown and patrick willis are also good chances if they're still around. and edwin mulitalo would be a great pickup.

D-Unit
03-09-2007, 07:11 PM
i think reggie nelson would be a solid pick at #14. levi brown and patrick willis are also good chances if they're still around. and edwin mulitalo would be a great pickup.
I think that's high for Willis. Levi is good there. You'll break a lot of hearts if you take Nelson at 14. Don't do it!

pantherfreak
03-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Agreed to high for Willis, but I'd pass on Brown. Way too many knee problems. If both Laron Landry and Greg Olsen are gone at #14, I'd definitely go with Nelson. D-Unit, that wouldn't be you unbiased opinion would it? :)

BlindSite
03-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Brown cannot play LT...

We need Nelson, sign Mutialo fo sho.

toonsterwu
03-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Nelson makes a lot of sense. What's up with the DE situation, though? That does warrant some attention, as the dominant line keys everything there.

And I do believe Brown can play LT in certain schemes.

Paul
03-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Don't you dare pick Reggie Nelson.

BlindSite
03-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Nelson makes a lot of sense. What's up with the DE situation, though? That does warrant some attention, as the dominant line keys everything there.

And I do believe Brown can play LT in certain schemes.
Yes, but one of those schemes wouldn't be ours imo...

As for DE, we're pretty decent, Peppers as always is the best in the league at LDE, and at RE Rucker is ahead of schedule in his knee rehab. The team seems really high on Stanley McClover and from what I've heard he's bulked up from when we drafted him. Hopefully he'll see more field time this year and grow into Rucker's replacement.

pantherfreak
03-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Yes, but one of those schemes wouldn't be ours imo...

As for DE, we're pretty decent, Peppers as always is the best in the league at LDE, and at RE Rucker is ahead of schedule in his knee rehab. The team seems really high on Stanley McClover and from what I've heard he's bulked up from when we drafted him. Hopefully he'll see more field time this year and grow into Rucker's replacement.

Yeah, McClover was a beast in the last regular season game against the Saints. Granted, it was against the scrubs, but he and James Anderson were basically dominant. I think DL is the last place we need to think about upgrading.

tomspanthers
03-31-2007, 08:26 PM
For addressing safety I think we should look at Oregon State's Sabby Piscitelli or Arizona's Michael Johnson late day 1, early day 2. Landry won't be there, but if he is I concede he should be the choice. Willis or Olsen should be our targets for round 1, address LB or S in the 2nd (dependent on Willis) , and for the 3rd go with a quality OL like OG Josh Beekman from BC or OT Tony Ugoh from Arkansas