PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Ravens TC Update Thread

BmoreBlackByrdz
07-31-2009, 03:56 PM
For yall that couldn't attend the Ravens training camp, I thought this thread could keep you guys updated. :)

Friday-

Michael Oher looked great in the run game, still needs to work on his technique in pass protection. (under John Matsko, he should get better very soon) Justin Bannan on Oher - "He's gonna be a beast"

Al Saunders is soon to be added to the team staff as a consultant, I like this move, apparently him and Cameron run very familiar offenses and he is probably going to be groomed as Cams future successor.

Steve Hauschka and Graham Gano's tight race continues - both kickers had four consecutive tries, Gano went 4-4 and Hauschka went 3-4, I don't remember exactly, but he missed 36, I believe.

Ed Reed was taken off PUP and is playing with a red jersey,(Nakamura filled in for him while he wasn't playing) and while speaking with the media, he said he has considered retirement for the past two years, but said his love for the game keeps him coming back. This could probably mean Reed might retire early due to his neck issue.

Ray Lewis has lost 15 pounds in his attempt to get faster.

There were an annouced 11,000 + fans at there TC, which is a team record.

And from what I've heard, the WR position hasn't looked to be that big of a problem. Lots of young guys (Harper, Williams, Smith) are stepping up.

Ravens1991
07-31-2009, 06:21 PM
glad to hear, I cant wait til I get into training camp. Oher and Gaither the youngest tackle combo in the NFL and awfully talented.

W/ Lewis losing weight I wonder if we will be a 4-3 team.

Also how did Eron Riley look? He is a complete physical freak

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-02-2009, 06:08 PM
We’re about one week into training camp, and it’s time to ask that question: What’s up with second-year quarterback Joe Flacco?

Flacco hasn't impressed in training camp and has thrown five or six interceptions during the past two days. But it's not only that his passes are off the mark -- Flacco is also making some really dumb decisions, almost Kyle Boller-like.

During one interception this morning, Flacco was 15 yards from the end zone. He started rolling to his left and then threw back across his body. The pass was about seven yards short of the intended receiver and was picked off by the Ravens' defense.

Now, that’s a Boller moment. Coach John Harbaugh, though, doesn’t seem too concerned.

“It’s training camp,” Harbaugh said. “I think at this point we’re throwing a lot of stuff at him. We don’t build our installs around building a guy’s confidence. We just try to throw everything at guys from Day One”

“We don’t care how good a side looks, or how bad a side looks, or if a guy is having a good day or a bad day,” Harbaugh said. “We think it all makes you better because we’re all trying to improve from one day to the next. We want to put as much pressure on Joe as we can, just like all the guys. If he throws a pick, we’re going to learn from it. If he makes a good throw, the defense is going to learn from it. We want to just challenge him every day.”

Yeah, but it’s one thing when there is a communication problem, and another when a quarterback is inaccurate or makes bad decisions. Flacco has made some poor decision while trying to force passes into tight situations. The Ravens need to address the issue, and stop pretending it will go away on its own.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/08/test_5.html

NOT GOOD, the very thought of Boller and Flacco in the same sentences gives me nightmares.

Should we as fans be concerned about this or is it something we can put aside and trust the coaches will take care of?

EdReedUnstoppable
08-02-2009, 07:55 PM
And some Rams fans are calling for Boller already in St. Louis because Kyle is AWESOME!!!

Flacco made repeated mistakes last year as well. I think the people making the biggest mistakes are the people who think Flacco is gonna be a Brady, or a Manning. I think at best Flacco becomes a Roethlisberger, never a huge stat guy but makes the plays to win games and thats all we need.

jkpigskin
08-02-2009, 08:02 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/e2/fullj.1c109f6c052358c7c0d8398d7f5c60f0/1c109f6c052358c7c0d8398d7f5c60f0-getty-89129916gf023_baltimore_rav.jpg
this man needs to step up!

Ravens1991
08-02-2009, 08:05 PM
I have heard Dwill is impressing.

and it is only training camp, I wont ever say someone is on a Boller level during training camp

EdReedUnstoppable
08-02-2009, 09:45 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/e2/fullj.1c109f6c052358c7c0d8398d7f5c60f0/1c109f6c052358c7c0d8398d7f5c60f0-getty-89129916gf023_baltimore_rav.jpg
this man needs to step up!

This man is a GOD!!! Im going to camp on saturday and Im gonna stare deeply into his eyes!!!

Ravens1991
08-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I wish I could be at camp and not be cramped in a hotel at ocean city right now :/

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-04-2009, 03:05 PM
** "Mark Clayton to miss a couple of weeks" **
(http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravenshort804,0,3195345.story)'

Hope this doesn't drag onto the regular season, I've had very high hopes for Clayton.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Yes!! I mean Im not sayin that because of Mark's injury, thats very sad. However should Mark miss regular season games then by the time he is ready to come back D Will will have stolen the starting job from him!!! It's all coming together!!!!

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-04-2009, 07:25 PM
yeah, at least there is a very nice safety blanket if in fact Clayton does miss regular season games, I'd LOVE to see D-Will get time as a starter.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
08-04-2009, 08:15 PM
D-will is always injured. I hope he stays healthy but he will probably get injured

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Jamison Hensley is reporting from Twitter that Mark Clayton will miss 2-3 preseason games, according to Coach Harbaugh. He's got blood in his hamstring. Hopefully this doesn't lingering into the regular season. I was hoping this would finally be his breakout year, especially since he finally has a legit QB in his 2nd year and showed some big-play capability last year.

Ravens1991
08-07-2009, 07:21 PM
yea hopefully they can work everything out. But I would rather have a 100%healthy clayton then him playing hurt trying to develop chemistry w/ Flacco

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-08-2009, 08:14 AM
I've been hearing on the Ravens board that Tavares Gooden is suffering from a Sports Hernia. I can't find a link to confirm but it is believe that is why he is sitting out, apparently it's not as serious and won't require surgery or anything.

I've been running around 10 days in a row, 10 straight two-a-days," said Gooden, who is slated to replace Bart Scott as a starter alongside Ray Lewis. "My body got a little fatigued."

"Nothing's torn," he said, adding that he does not think he will undergo additional surgery. "I’m good."

In other news, LB Dannel Ellerbe was practicing with the first team in place of Gooden, could this mean that he has surpassed Jameel McClain?

Ravens1991
08-08-2009, 09:11 AM
I am not surprised w/ Ellerbe I remember I was hyping him up for us to take him w/ a draft pick, I was stoked when he came here as a UDFA. I think he can replace Ray when Ray leaves.

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Afternoon practice has been canceled thanks to Graham Gano, he nailed a 36 yarder but the big thing that shows is that he can kick under pressure. :) Hope he wins the kicking battle.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Went out to camp today..............Not impressed at all by any offensive player. John Beck and the offense had 3 straight false starts and a fumbled snap. Flacco threw 3 INTs, and was overthrowing open WRs. The only good thing was the minor fight that went on between Paul Kruger and some offensive lineman. It was nice to see Antwan Barnes still had some memories of the Miami/FIU fight which he showed by jumping on top throwing punches. We literally had maybe 2 running plays out of 15 that went for more than 2 yards. Im hopin its a Andre Johnson Miami D situation (they thought their defense was gonna be awful but it was just that Andre was that good).

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Went out to camp today..............Not impressed at all by any offensive player. John Beck and the offense had 3 straight false starts and a fumbled snap. Flacco threw 3 INTs, and was overthrowing open WRs. The only good thing was the minor fight that went on between Paul Kruger and some offensive lineman. It was nice to see Antwan Barnes still had some memories of the Miami/FIU fight which he showed by jumping on top throwing punches. We literally had maybe 2 running plays out of 15 that went for more than 2 yards. Im hopin its a Andre Johnson Miami D situation (they thought their defense was gonna be awful but it was just that Andre was that good).

yeah, I've been reading everywhere that Flacco has been off and so has most of the offense, but I think most of it has to be because they are practicing against one of the leagues best defenses.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Thats what Im hopin, tryin to be optimistic..........its tough. But then again it is just training camp we'll get a minor glimpse thursday night when the bullets are live.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-08-2009, 02:44 PM
And actually I lied a bit, D Will and Justin Harper were quite impressive. Todd Heap dropped a couple.....SHOCKER! Then he caught one and ran a bit and I yelled "uh oh season ending injury" and people chuckled, fun times!

Ravens1991
08-08-2009, 03:06 PM
hahahaha that is funny. yea Heap had hands of glue back in the day. Now he isnt that good. I guess it will have to do w/ all the punishment he took. Like he will be a 50 year old in a nursing home pooping his pants.

Ravens1991
08-08-2009, 05:38 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/08/justin_harper.html

a report that verifies ERU comment that Harper is doing good

EdReedUnstoppable
08-08-2009, 11:48 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/08/justin_harper.html

a report that verifies ERU comment that Harper is doing good

Are you insinuating that you believe I would lie?

Ravens1991
08-09-2009, 12:01 AM
love ERU we dont agree w/ a lot of stuff but I love you. In a football love though