PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network's Top Ten Snakebitten franchises of all time.

Ness
07-31-2009, 08:01 PM
10. Buffalo Bills
9. Kansas City Chiefs
8. New York Jets
7. Detroit Lions
6. New Orleans Saints
5. Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans
4. Philadelphia Eagles
3. Cincinnati Bengals
2. Minnesota Vikings
1. Cleveland Browns

I really don't see how you can have a list like this and NOT have the Arizona Cardinals and Atlanta Falcons on there. Then again there are a few teams on here that have had a lot of successful seasons, but kept getting screwed whenever they got close...which is arguably just as bad as consistent losing seasons...I guess.

djp
07-31-2009, 08:06 PM
10. Buffalo Bills
9. Kansas City Chiefs
8. New York Jets
7. Detroit Lions
6. New Orleans Saints
5. Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans
4. Philadelphia Eagles
3. Cincinnati Bengals
2. Minnesota Vikings
1. Cleveland Browns

I really don't see how you can have a list like this and NOT have the Arizona Cardinals and Atlanta Falcons on there. Then again there are a few teams on here that have had a lot of successful seasons, but kept getting screwed whenever they got close...which is arguably just as bad as consistent losing seasons...I guess.

The Vikings are the face of a get your hopes up and then crash and burn franchise

Ness
07-31-2009, 08:08 PM
The Vikings are the face of a get your hopes up and then crash and burn franchise

True. I think I'd still rather get close though. At least there would be some things relatively interesting to talk about in past seasons...instead of practically nothing like in Arizona or Cleveland.

j05son
07-31-2009, 08:53 PM
At least Cleveland is the best at something. Makes me proud to wear that new Browns hat I just bought today.

MetSox17
07-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Hasn't it been like 30 some odd years since the Detroit Lions won a playoff game? How are they not higher on the list?

Brodeur
07-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Hasn't it been like 30 some odd years since the Detroit Lions won a playoff game? How are they not higher on the list?

They won one against the Cowboys in 92.

MetSox17
07-31-2009, 09:18 PM
They won one against the Cowboys in 92.

Oh, my bad, they won one game in 91. That's the only one they've won in the past 50 years.

T-RICH49
07-31-2009, 09:19 PM
KC should be higher.If we had any offense whatsoever in the early-mid 90's with the defense we had we could have had another SB or 2

Rob S
07-31-2009, 09:35 PM
It is an interesting argument. I still think I would rather come close even being a Bills fan. It really, really hurts losing when you get so close, but then again, going into every year knowing you are going to be horrible is terrible. At least you can get some excitement going when you have a good team.

diabsoule
07-31-2009, 09:49 PM
New Orleans should be higher, I think, as well. I guess that period of having a great defense during the Dome Patrol where we won zero playoffs game really set us back as far as our suckitude (yes, I just made up that word).

CashmoneyDrew
07-31-2009, 10:03 PM
Why are the Titans/Oilers so high? I understand we don't have a superbowl, but number 5 all-time?

keylime_5
07-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Well the Browns were the "New York Yankees of the Pro Football" back in the day, went to 10 championship games in a row AAFC and NFL....now we're the doormat. I guess that wasn't a hard choice for NFLNetwork to make for #1. I kinda expect Buffalo to be higher though with their 4 straight super bowl losses.

Ness
08-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Why are the Titans/Oilers so high? I understand we don't have a superbowl, but number 5 all-time?

They should be number 10 or not on the list. Atlanta and Arizona have been way more disappointing than Houston/Tennessee.

d34ng3l021
08-01-2009, 01:35 AM
In 43 Falcon seasons, I believe there have been 10 winning seasons and 0 back to back winning seasons.

The other franchises are pretty cursed as well though.

themaninblack
08-01-2009, 01:46 AM
It has to be the Bengals honestly. We have taken one of the best franchises in league history down to the very definition of the wire TWICE. Not only that, but our first playoff appearance in 17 years was cut short on the very first throw by Carson Palmer which was a 60+ yard complete pass to Chris Henry.

Not only that really, couple that with Kenyon Martin being put out of the NCAA playoffs in basketball which ruined our chance at a title run. I would say we've been screwed hardcore in our last few championship-type appearances. IDK what we did but we have been screwed hardcore.

diabsoule
08-01-2009, 02:52 AM
In 43 Falcon seasons, I believe there have been 10 winning seasons and 0 back to back winning seasons.

The other franchises are pretty cursed as well though.

NFC South represent!

bearsfan_51
08-01-2009, 03:16 AM
They should be number 10 or not on the list. Atlanta and Arizona have been way more disappointing than Houston/Tennessee.

The Falcons aren't dissapointing, they are just awful. You can't be dissapointed if you never get anyone's hopes up.

They had one season where they made the Superbowl, and that was the year nobody expected them to do anything. To the best of my knowledge, they have never been favored to do anything at any time, even in the Michael Vick years.

Plus, the Falcons and Cardinals don't have a fan base. Sure they have fans now, but it wasn't that long ago neither team could sell out a game. It's hard to have a great sense of dissapointment when nobody expects you to do anything, and nobody even cares.

The Dynasty
08-01-2009, 03:22 AM
I agree with most of the list. I always joked with my family I couldn't have picked a similar team in the Vikings to my families favorite team (Buffalo Bills). Both each have four Superbowl loses. Everything usually ends in a heartbreak with both teams.

Although the Vikings in the regular season have done pretty well. Since they 1961 they have only had 13 seasons below .500.

LizardState
08-01-2009, 09:29 AM
10. Buffalo Bills : Maybe s/b no. 1, only this team & the Vikes have blown 4 SBs. They most recently blew one to the Cowboys b/c some asshole stole Thurman Thomas' helmet on their sideline.
9. Kansas City Chiefs: Should not be here, they won SB 4 over heavily favored Minnesota.
8. New York Jets: About right ranking, they excel at fan disappointment. Last season they spent >$140M on FAs + Favre & he threw away game after game with turnovers. But they won SB 3 in 1969 with Joe Willie Namath's guaranteed victory as a 17-point underdog.
7. Detroit Lions: S/B No. 1 after Matt Millen-led crash & burn to 0-16.
6. New Orleans Saints: Some of the worst drafting in NFL history.
5. Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans: I take exception to them on this list, the Oilers were perennial AFL playoff contenders & won the 1960 championship. Titans were the hottest team in the league last season, hit the wall in the playoffs when dominated by Ravens defense.
4. Philadelphia Eagles: Not so bad recently, but really stank in the 60s-70s, worst fans in the NFL, Veterans Stadium was worst facility too in its time.
3. Cincinnati Bengals: ~ proper ranking, they're the Bungles for good reasons, more convicted felons & banned players than any other team.
2. Minnesota Vikings: They blew 4 SBs, end of story.
1. Cleveland Browns: One of the pillars of the NFL, they were awesome before 1960 when Jim Brown played there, it's been all downhill since. Blew the lead in Elways famous comeback in the '87 snowstorm.

Based on recent performances, the Raiders s/b here as the most mismanaged team in the NFL. Also the Rams, St. Louis flavor only, all things considered the LA Rams were pretty damn good.

RufusMcDaniel
08-01-2009, 09:41 AM
5. Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans: I take exception to them on this list, the Oilers were perennial AFL playoff contenders & won the 1960 championship. Titans were the hottest team in the league last season, hit the wall in the playoffs when dominated by Ravens defense.

I wouldn't say dominated considering we had close to 400 yards of offence. Unless you mean the turnovers 3-0 for them, then yeah they dominated us in that regard.

T-RICH49
08-01-2009, 11:09 AM
9. Kansas City Chiefs: Should not be here, they won SB 4 over heavily favored Minnesota.

and we have'nt won a playoff game since basically.we've had crappy kickers, QB's and defenses stop us from have at least 2 more SB's

tjsunstein
08-01-2009, 11:41 AM
This is weird, it's the opposite of homerism in here. Then again, you can still be a homer of how much your team has sucked more than others.

yodabear
08-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Thank God for 1999!! Although, yeah, when we were in LA everything was pretty good as well. And we did make one other Super Bowl, but I don't like remembering that one. Vinatieri, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh, WATCH UR FACE ADAM!

Sniper
08-01-2009, 05:52 PM
worst fans in the NFL

You misspelled "greatest".

djp
08-01-2009, 06:01 PM
10. Buffalo Bills : Maybe s/b no. 1, only this team & the Vikes have blown 4 SBs. They most recently blew one to the Cowboys b/c some asshole stole Thurman Thomas' helmet on their sideline.
8. New York Jets: About right ranking, they excel at fan disappointment. Last season they spent >$140M on FAs + Favre & he threw away game after game with turnovers. But they won SB 3 in 1969 with Joe Willie Namath's guaranteed victory as a 17-point underdog.
7. Detroit Lions: S/B No. 1 after Matt Millen-led crash & burn to 0-16.
6. New Orleans Saints: Some of the worst drafting in NFL history.
4. Philadelphia Eagles: Not so bad recently, but really stank in the 60s-70s, worst fans in the NFL, Veterans Stadium was worst facility too in its time.
3. Cincinnati Bengals: ~ proper ranking, they're the Bungles for good reasons, more convicted felons & banned players than any other team.
2. Minnesota Vikings: They blew 4 SBs, end of story.
1. Cleveland Browns: One of the pillars of the NFL, they were awesome before 1960 when Jim Brown played there, it's been all downhill since. Blew the lead in Elways famous comeback in the '87 snowstorm.

Based on recent performances, the Raiders s/b here as the most mismanaged team in the NFL. Also the Rams, St. Louis flavor only, all things considered the LA Rams were pretty damn good.

We didn't blow 4 Super Bowls. The only one we were favored in was the first one. The more snakebitten moments were the Drew Pearson missed PI hail mary game and the 98 NFC title game.

wonderbredd24
08-01-2009, 10:50 PM
The Houston Oilers deserved their spot on the list.

That Bum Phillips team got absolutely screwed in the playoff game against Pittsburgh. That call in the endzone was a crime, but with a history of officiating helping the Pittsburgh Steelers, who is really surprised?

But the biggest thing that earned the Oilers their spot was the early 90s. Some call those teams the biggest waste of talent in NFL history. Go back and look at the rosters they had... absolutely stacked, but they could not close the deal.

The Browns were an absolute lock at #1 and they did not even cover all the bad luck this team has had.

Nice to see both Ohio teams in the top 3

wonderbredd24
08-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Thank God for 1999!! Although, yeah, when we were in LA everything was pretty good as well. And we did make one other Super Bowl, but I don't like remembering that one. Vinatieri, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh, WATCH UR FACE ADAM!

The Rams have a title in every city they've been in except LA.

GB12
08-01-2009, 10:57 PM
The Rams have a title in every city they've been in except LA.
Wrong.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/NFL_Championship_Game,_1951

themaninblack
08-02-2009, 04:43 AM

This is honestly just irresponsible stupid ESPN-esque ******** that every real fan of the NFL should be able to smell from a mile away. I'm not debating our ranking or the fact that we have been called the Bungles for many years and that is with very good reason. But, if you honestly think that we are just the most punk ass team in history as far as players that have been convicted of certain crimes I think you have no business writing **** about anyone. Granted, we have had more than our fair share of convicted felons as recent as THREE YEARS ago, but at least have some depth of knowledge to understand there is this little thing called perspective. I mean, I think if you had the ability to process thoughts past whats on twitter you would realize such. But hey, whatever makes you feel better holmes.

EDIT: and it only makes it more ironic that an ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE fan is commenting on such a thing. PLEASE.

LizardState
08-02-2009, 12:29 PM
This is honestly just irresponsible stupid ESPN-esque ******** that every real fan of the NFL should be able to smell from a mile away. I'm not debating our ranking or the fact that we have been called the Bungles for many years and that is with very good reason. But, if you honestly think that we are just the most punk ass team in history as far as players that have been convicted of certain crimes I think you have no business writing **** about anyone. Granted, we have had more than our fair share of convicted felons as recent as THREE YEARS ago, but at least have some depth of knowledge to understand there is this little thing called perspective. I mean, I think if you had the ability to process thoughts past whats on twitter you would realize such. But hey, whatever makes you feel better holmes.

EDIT: and it only makes it more ironic that an ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE fan is commenting on such a thing. PLEASE.

Love it that you attack the poster instead of the post, so classy, those Cincy fans...... /sarcasm/ Can you show me another NFL team with more banned players than Cincy? No? Well then.

Since you mentioned the Tide, it is regrettable that your Bengals drafted Andre Smith 1st last April. That's b/c the Bengals are the new Raiders, the team where careers go to die, or I'll just use your words....just the most punk ass team in history as far as being convicted of certain crimes, hey if that shoe fits, wear it. Historically the Bengals have lost other SBs long before the issues of felons on the roster emerged, notably 2 of them lost to the 9ers.... is that enough depth for you?

And I don't use twitter, & don't call me holmes, Bengals homer apologist. I thought the Raiders homers were bad, but geez.... I usually sympathize with Bengals fans b/c it's not their fault Mike Brown has taken the team he inherited from his iconic father & ran it into the ground, but when they attack the critics, well, it's open season on homers.

We (Edit: Buffalo) didn't blow 4 Super Bowls. The only one we were favored in was the first one.

There was that WIDE RIGHT thing with the Buffalo kicker on the FG attempt, at least they got into a position to win over the Giants in the late 4th qtr. in that 87 (?? I forget exactly) SB, so your point, djp, is valid. I especially enjoyed watching Cornelius Bennett grabbing Simms underneath the corner of his shoulderpad as he was going down from the blocking back hitting him low & Bennett flung Simms like a ragdoll as he released the pass & it went spiraling into nowhere, one of my fave SB memories, & involving an Alabama player too.

That Bum Phillips team got absolutely screwed in the playoff game against Pittsburgh. That call in the endzone was a crime, but with a history of officiating helping the Pittsburgh Steelers, who is really surprised?

True, Phillips got screwed by the blue there, even worse was the treatment from Oilers owner Bud Adams who canned Phillips b/c he only got to the AFC Championship game with Earl Campbell at his peak as an NFL gamechanging superstar, the fact that the Raiders watered their field all night before & turned it into a mudbowl might have had something to do with that outcome..... /severe sarcasm/ . Adams trashed the team's reputation & used a negative PR campaign to falsely indicate a lack of fanbase in Houston so he could move the team to Nashville where Adams was going to pocket a ******** of $. That franchise move was so bad it made the B-more Colts moving to Indy at 3 AM look like a picnic at the beach.

Rant guaranteed to irritate Steelers fans: wonderbredd is exactly right there, no team has more enjoyed the benefits of preferential officiating lately than the Steelers.... just ask Ed Hochuli or the SD Bolts. And their last SB wins were just travesties, after all those penalties against Seattle in the Steelers win over the Seahawks the guy in the stands holding up the sign reading THE STEELERS 12th MAN WEARS A STRIPED SHIRT said it all. Those yellow flags falling all over Steeler SB opponents are giving new meaning to the term Terrible Towel.

SuperMcGee
08-02-2009, 12:54 PM
But the biggest thing that earned the Oilers their spot was the early 90s. Some call those teams the biggest waste of talent in NFL history. Go back and look at the rosters they had... absolutely stacked, but they could not close the deal.

Not even with a 32 point lead.

Still, if they earned #5 based on the early 90's, then Buffalo should be top 2 based on their early 90s.

There was that WIDE RIGHT thing with the Buffalo kicker on the FG attempt, at least they got into a position to win over the Giants in the late 4th qtr. in that 87 (?? I forget exactly) SB, so your point, djp, is valid. I especially enjoyed watching Cornelius Bennett grabbing Simms underneath the corner of his shoulderpad as he was going down from the blocking back hitting him low & Bennett flung Simms like a ragdoll as he released the pass & it went spiraling into nowhere, one of my fave SB memories, & involving an Alabama player too.

He was talking about the Vikings. And Bills-Giants was the 90 season.
But nice CB memory.

Bengalsrocket
08-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Love it that you attack the poster instead of the post, so classy, those Cincy fans...... /sarcasm/ Can you show me another NFL team with more banned players than Cincy? No? Well then.

Since you mentioned the Tide, it is regrettable that your Bengals drafted Andre Smith 1st last April. That's b/c the Bengals are the new Raiders, the team where careers go to die, or I'll just use your words....just the most punk ass team in history as far as being convicted of certain crimes, hey if that shoe fits, wear it. Historically the Bengals have lost other SBs long before the issues of felons on the roster emerged, notably 2 of them lost to the 9ers.... is that enough depth for you?

And I don't use twitter, & don't call me holmes, Bengals homer apologist. I thought the Raiders homers were bad, but geez.... I usually sympathize with Bengals fans b/c it's not their fault Mike Brown has taken the team he inherited from his iconic father & ran it into the ground, but when they attack the critics, well, it's open season on homers.

About as classy as you lumping every Bengals fan into this because 1 guy shot you down.

Also, I can't remember a single Bengals player that's ever been banned in the history of the franchise.

yo123
08-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Yeah I'm completely confused as to why Buffalo is all the way down at 10. I wouldn't have argued if they were #1. Losing 4 super bowls in a row is the definition of "snake bitten."

themaninblack
08-02-2009, 06:26 PM
haha, so he responds by saying I have no class and am a 'bengals homer apologist'. The neg rep was a nice touch though, I'll give you that.

CC.SD
08-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Thank you Ladainian for getting us off that list.

The Unseen
08-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Thank you Junior Seau for getting us off that list.

is that better?

CC.SD
08-03-2009, 08:59 PM
is that better?

Junior is hardly the only great player we've had, but yes any time I see his name it is better. He was around for the Crushing in the Super Bowl though so you could argue he had a part in some snakebiting. Ah, Say-Ow. First jersey I ever had. I'm going to go pet it...

OzTitan
08-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Junior is hardly the only great player we've had, but yes any time I see his name it is better. He was around for the Crushing in the Super Bowl though so you could argue he had a part in some snakebiting. Ah, Say-Ow. First jersey I ever had. I'm going to go pet it...

Speaking of Seau, there is a guy in the NRL here in Australia called Junior Sau. Not a fan of the NRL so it was a spin out when I heard what I thought was Junior Seau playing rugby league in Australia :P

SenorGato
08-05-2009, 01:36 AM
KC should be higher.If we had any offense whatsoever in the early-mid 90's with the defense we had we could have had another SB or 2

Or a defense earlier in the decade.

Who has the most bitter fanbase of those 10?

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-05-2009, 01:57 AM
This offense with the Dome Patrol=3 straight super bowls easy.

YAYareaRB
08-05-2009, 02:48 AM
Speaking of Seau, there is a guy in the NRL here in Australia called Junior Sau. Not a fan of the NRL so it was a spin out when I heard what I thought was Junior Seau playing rugby league in Australia :P

I hate league.. I'm more a union fan. When they're not fighting, they're dirty tackling. Not my thing.

RaiderFan
08-05-2009, 04:20 PM

WRONG

The Raiders still have maintained a top 5 winning percentage in the super bowl era. 17 division championships, tops in the AFC west by a WIDE margain, 5 super bowl apperances and 3 wins. Even though they have stunk lately the past is so great, historic and storied.

T-RICH49
08-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Or a defense earlier in the decade.

Who has the most bitter fanbase of those 10?

that's true as well

yo123
08-05-2009, 04:50 PM
WRONG

The Raiders still have maintained a top 5 winning percentage in the super bowl era. 17 division championships, tops in the AFC west by a WIDE margain, 5 super bowl apperances and 3 wins. Even though they have stunk lately the past is so great, historic and storied.

He said recent performances. :/

So RIGHT.

Saints-Tigers
08-05-2009, 05:36 PM
You guys are spoiled.

I would gladly take 4 blown super bowls over never being in one, and having 2 playoff wins in team history.

yo123
08-05-2009, 05:39 PM
You guys are spoiled.

I would gladly take 4 blown super bowls over never being in one, and having 2 playoff wins in team history.

I don't know, being led on and having your hopes up only to have them crushed time and time again is pretty awful.

If you expect your team to fail, is it really that hard to take when they do fail?

keylime_5
08-05-2009, 05:42 PM
The Browns were an absolute lock at #1 and they did not even cover all the bad luck this team has had.

yeah, having art modell move the team to freakin' baltimore seals the deal there - on top of all the other stuff.

TimD
08-05-2009, 05:48 PM
at least all of your teams don't have to deal with another team in the same area.

all of us jets fans get so much **** from giants fans (especially the bandwagoners). i mean we don't even have our own stadium. 1 superbowl, albeit a great one

PalmerToCJ
08-05-2009, 10:25 PM

Way to base the entire history of a franchise on a year and a half span, freaking brilliant and in depth analysis by you. Very nice touch also to imply all Bengals fans are classless because one single fan doesn't agree with your opinion. Why aren't you jumping on the Jags? They've had much worse and frequent arrests than us in the past several years but ESPN doesn't beat their drum about that. Also how do the Bengals have 'more banned players' than any other team? We don't have any 'banned' players?

Back to relevancy... For the Bengals I'd like to point out the following for our 'Snakebitten' history....

1. We ran into the freaking 1980's 49ers and Joe Montana TWICE.

2. 3 minutes left in the Super Bowl with the lead, 92 yards left and Joe freaking Clutch Montana drives them the whole length of the field. Converts a 2nd and 17 to Jerry freaking Rice. Ugh.

3. KiJana Carter destroys his knees, he was... Well... Supposed to be good.

4. First winning season in forever, playing the Steelers who we actually beat in our last game with them first round of the playoffs at PBS. Our defense actually gets a quick stop, they punt... Carson Palmer throws a PERFECT direct strike to Chris Henry for 60 something yards and nearly a touchdown. Ope, ACL and MCL get destroyed. Henry was also hurt on the play. Jon Kitna does his usual play decent then bomb late in the game, screwed up a snap on a field goal attempt also.

5. Week 2 of 2006, our STUD and the KEY to our awesome offensive line Rich Braham (Center) destroys his knee and ends his career... Oh yeah, David Pollack also broke his neck ending his career after a whole 17 or so games. Two huge players for us done for in one freaking game.

6. Kenny Irons tears his ACL just making a cut (untouched) in his 1st or 2nd game ever here (in the preseason), effectively ending his career.

There's an abundance of others. The Browns should be first but I want to complain too.

EDIT: We also found about 12 different ways to lose games at the end of the 2006 season to keep us out of the playoffs. Not limited to a botched snap after Carson led a beautiful drive down the field at Denver. Ugh.

DoughBoy
08-06-2009, 12:16 AM
That makes me hurt just reading it...... try losing a superbowl by a yard (actually the game would have gone into overtime but still it hurts).

7DnBrnc53
07-11-2010, 12:32 AM

True, Phillips got screwed by the blue there, even worse was the treatment from Oilers owner Bud Adams who canned Phillips b/c he only got to the AFC Championship game with Earl Campbell at his peak as an NFL gamechanging superstar, the fact that the Raiders watered their field all night before & turned it into a mudbowl might have had something to do with that outcome..... /severe sarcasm/ . Adams trashed the team's reputation & used a negative PR campaign to falsely indicate a lack of fanbase in Houston so he could move the team to Nashville where Adams was going to pocket a ******** of $. That franchise move was so bad it made the B-more Colts moving to Indy at 3 AM look like a picnic at the beach.

Rant guaranteed to irritate Steelers fans: wonderbredd is exactly right there, no team has more enjoyed the benefits of preferential officiating lately than the Steelers.... just ask Ed Hochuli or the SD Bolts. And their last SB wins were just travesties, after all those penalties against Seattle in the Steelers win over the Seahawks the guy in the stands holding up the sign reading THE STEELERS 12th MAN WEARS A STRIPED SHIRT said it all. Those yellow flags falling all over Steeler SB opponents are giving new meaning to the term Terrible Towel.

Bud Adams wasn't responsible for firing Bum Phillips. It was GM Ladd Herzeg. He wanted Bum to hire an offensive coordinator, and he refused. Bum said that he already had three coaches running the offense that helped lead them to two straight AFC Title game appearances, and that it wasn't right to demote them. Ladd wanted more and more control of the team, and he was more responsible for Bum's departure than Adams.

PoopSandwich
07-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Hopefully Holmgren can right the ship because this city has absolutely no hope besides the Browns... Indians owner is garbage and it's gonna be near impossible to build a basketball team in Cleveland with people only caring about playing in the big lights.

kmartin575
07-12-2010, 05:16 AM

Hell, have a kicker that doesn't miss 3 kicks in a game and we might have had one.

Vox Populi
07-12-2010, 08:15 AM
You guys are spoiled.

Honestly, for 95% of this board, that doesn't even matter because none of them watched any of them. Any modern Bills fan born after... '85 I guess, knows nothing but ******* terrible football teams and failure.