PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Injuries and Holdouts

Thumper
08-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Every year there are some injuries and holdouts and often times we miss them.

Here are some that I know of.

At Eagles camp, Jason Peters (Quad Spasm), Shawn Andrews (back), Asante Samuel (hamstring), Brian Westbrook (ankle), Victor Abiamiri (Pectoral) and Trevor Laws (hamstring) are all on the PUP list.

Braylon Edwards is out with a mystery injury:
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story?id=09000d5d81198cf8&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Beanie Wells was injured in his first practice:
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story?id=09000d5d81198af3&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Tavaris Jackson has an MCL Sprain:
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story?id=09000d5d811985a6&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Roddy White is holding out for more money:
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story?id=09000d5d811981fd&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Charles Tillman out after back surgery:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-28-bears-charles-tillman-chicagojul28,0,5877777.story

Leon Washington is holding out:http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9662816/Jets-RB-Washington-a-no-show-as-camp-starts

If I missed any (which I know I did) add on because it will be helpful to keep track of this kind of thing especially with fantasy drafts coming around the corner and just to know what is happening with rival teams.

Ness
08-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Isn't there an issue with Dunta Robinson?

BeerBaron
08-02-2009, 01:38 AM

Uhhh....he's holding out for a long term deal? That's his "injury" lol

BlindSite
08-02-2009, 02:31 AM
Camp starts monday for the Panthers, in case it wasn't clear by now, Peppers definitely will NOT hold out according to the observer.

comahan
08-02-2009, 06:24 AM

Yea, hes a moron.

Thumper
08-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Well, you can add Stewart Bradley to the injured list, he came down awkwardly after a tackle and his knee bent a way it shouldn't and he had to leave practice. Hopefully it isn't serious but knee injuries are never good especially when you twist your knee the wrong way. He will be having an MRI tomorrow.

http://www.gcobb.com/content/view/3922/1/

So that is the starting MLB and defensive leader possibly gone... But, this does clear the way for Joe Mays who's nickname is the head hunter, fantastic young player who could surprise, not great in coverage but he has fantastic instincts in run support and he flies to the ball, no wasted movement. He just might be London Fletcher V.2, he led the NFL in tackles last pre-season and he is quite the impressive physical specimen (dude is ripped as hell) Not that losing Bradley could ever be a positive thing.

Brent
08-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Michael Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker, is being a douche and wanting more than Mike's draft position.

Thumper
08-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Michael Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker, is being a douche and wanting more than Mike's draft position.

The Eagles are having the same problem with Maclin. And yes, Crabtree is being a douche because he is hindering Maclin's deal. Maclin thinks he is the second best wideout in the draft and that he should get a deal just below Crabtree's.

Thumper
08-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Brandon Marshall left with a hamstring injury today.

Those tend to nag and hinder performance. http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story?id=09000d5d8119d45d&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

BlindSite
08-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Brandon Marshall left with a hamstring injury today.

Those tend to nag and hinder performance. http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story?id=09000d5d8119d45d&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Deion Sanders had massive issues during his comeback year, Steve Smith missed two games and had constant problems a while back, any position where you have to explode to be good is going to be in a lot of strife with a hamstring injury this early. Depends on how bad this one was.

Seamus2602
08-03-2009, 07:43 AM

He hasn't signed his Franchise Tag, which he has a right not to do. He isn't holding out, in the sense that Roddy White and Leon Washington are holding out, as he isn't officially under contract. He isn't holding out as he isn't currently signed with any team. He is a Free Agent who has been barred by the league from signing with any team other than the Houston Texans.

BeerBaron
08-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Per PFT, that is a torn ACL for Bradley.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Per PFT, that is a torn ACL for Bradley.

That is a huge loss for them!

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 11:18 AM
That is a huge loss for them!

****!!! Joe Mays is gonna have to step up, or Maybe we will have Gaither back at MIKE, I don't know right now...

Geo
08-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Big blow, I really like Bradley. Wish the Colts had him. The Eagles are the favorite in the NFC, but the defense has already lost Jim Johnson and now Bradley for the year and we haven't even reached the Hall of Fame game yet. Tough stuff.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-03-2009, 11:31 AM
****!!! Joe Mays is gonna have to step up, or Maybe we will have Gaither back at MIKE, I don't know right now...

Willie's brother? hehe jk.. Ouch.. that is a big kick in the balls for you guys.

BeerBaron
08-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Big blow, I really like Bradley. Wish the Colts had him. The Eagles are the favorite in the NFC, but the defense has already lost Jim Johnson and now Bradley for the year and we haven't even reached the Hall of Fame game yet. Tough stuff.

I've read that Bradley was going to be the playcaller on the field and was stepping into the leadership role that Dawkins left behind...so yeah, that is really tough for Philly.

derza222
08-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Kris Jenkins hasn't been practicing for a bit because of a left calf injury. Not shocking that the offense is having a much easier time blocking the interior DL without him there since there's nothing behind Jenkins. Apparently it went from the OL getting owned to the DL getting owned, all just because Jenks hasn't been playing.

Also, Leon Washington isn't really holding out. He's unhappy and wants a new contract (I hope he gets it and think he deserves it) but he's at camp. Given he's making like 535k this year and fines are 17k a day he really has no choice. Unfortunate, I think the team is using it's leverage a little too much and he may end up elsewhere after the season based on how he's being treated. Negotiations are still ongoing though, hopefully something gets done.

TitleTown088
08-03-2009, 12:30 PM
You think that's only his agent? Crabtree has nothing to do with it...?

That sucks about Bradley. hate to hear about people having a major injury before the season even starts. He had high hopes this season too huh?

M.O.T.H.
08-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Maake Kemoeatu was carted off today also.

bigbluedefense
08-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Bradley is a HUGE loss for Philly.

He was gonna establish himself as one of the best MIKE's in the league this year.

diabsoule
08-03-2009, 01:15 PM

Gaither was great the year he played MIKE so I think that's what they'll do. I'm a huge fan of his.

LizardState
08-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Beanie Wells has buzzards' luck, He always gets hurt his 1st time in cleats on a given season. Left his 1st practice on a cart holding his left ankle, that can't be good.

Is that the same foot he hurt in his 1st game with the Buckeyes last yr?

superman8456
08-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Gaither was great the year he played MIKE so I think that's what they'll do. I'm a huge fan of his.

He's extremely undersized for the position and shedding blocks is not his specialty. He'll need to add a lot of weight in a short time.

Ness
08-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Maake Kemoeatu was carted off today also.
John Beason tweaked a hamstring as well.

Brent
08-03-2009, 02:59 PM
You think that's only his agent? Crabtree has nothing to do with it...?
No idea, but all the stuff about it says that Parker is asking for that much. Crabtree hasnt spoke to the public.

Thumper
08-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Big Albert "100 million dollar man" Haynesworth is having issues with his knee that he sprained last season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/haynesworths-knee-still-bothering-him/

Not good.

BlindSite
08-03-2009, 05:28 PM
God damnit two positions we couldn't have hurt on defense both get dinged up.

Marlon Favourite ended up taking his place 60 pounds less and didn't even start at LSU.

ChezPower4
08-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Big Albert "100 million dollar man" Haynesworth is having issues with his knee that he sprained last season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/haynesworths-knee-still-bothering-him/

Not good.

Obviously not a good way to start his tenure in Washington.

Thumper
08-03-2009, 06:17 PM
God damnit two positions we couldn't have hurt on defense both get dinged up.

Marlon Favourite ended up taking his place 60 pounds less and didn't even start at LSU.

Kemo is HUGE part of that defense literally (6'5" and 'listed' at 350 lbs.) and figuratively. Look what happened when he wasn't there, the Panthers defense got trampled by the Giants running game. And Beason? He is the leader of that defense and like I said earlier those injuries (hamstring) tend to linger a while.

BlindSite
08-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Kemo is HUGE part of that defense literally (6'5" and 'listed' at 350 lbs.) and figuratively. Look what happened when he wasn't there, the Panthers defense got trampled by the Giants running game. And Beason? He is the leader of that defense and like I said earlier those injuries (hamstring) tend to linger a while.

Yeah, the injuries at DT are what caused a bit of a defensive slide later in the year. If they lose Kemo for an extended period with the early part of the schedule the season will suffer massively.

Beason should be fine, it was just a tweak and he could've practiced in the afternoon but was kept out as a precaution, sounds a lot less serious than earlier advertised.

TitleTown088
08-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Bryant Johnson injured in a golf cart accident. Only the Lions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Lions-bounce-back-plans-could-be-thwarted-by-evi?urn=nfl,180339

diabsoule
08-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah, the injuries at DT are what caused a bit of a defensive slide later in the year. If they lose Kemo for an extended period with the early part of the schedule the season will suffer massively.

Beason should be fine, it was just a tweak and he could've practiced in the afternoon but was kept out as a precaution, sounds a lot less serious than earlier advertised.

ESPN.com is reporting that Maake Kemoeatu is out for the season with a torn right Achillies' tendon.

SuperMcGee
08-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Bryant Johnson injured in a golf cart accident. Only the Lions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Lions-bounce-back-plans-could-be-thwarted-by-evi?urn=nfl,180339

At least it wasn't their franchise player tearing his ACL in a golf cart accident. I can't imagine how much press that would've gotten if it were an NFL player and not just a lowly American hero-to-be.

Thumper
08-03-2009, 09:01 PM
ESPN.com is reporting that Maake Kemoeatu is out for the season with a torn right Achillies' tendon.

That is a TOUGH break. Sucks to see players go this early, but you move on with what you have...

But man are the Panthers in trouble, look at the tackles on the roster:Marlon Favorite
Nick Hayden
Lonnie Harvey
Corey Irvin
Maake Kemoeatu
Damione Lewis
Lorenzo Williams

Given that Favorite, Harvey, Irvin, and Williams have no career stats, and Hayden has two games played (one start) in his career I'd say they're in trouble.

Kemo was huge to that defense, he kept players off of Beason and he took up two blockers freeing up Peppers and Johnson, not to mention when he was in he stuffed the run with the best of them.

BeerBaron
08-03-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't think there are many other players on that roster that would hurt them as much to be without as Kemoeatu.....bigtime ouch. Hurts even more with the baaad lack of depth they have....

Sniper
08-03-2009, 10:20 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/maclin-eagles-finally-work-out-a-deal/

J-Mac has ended his holdout.

the decider13
08-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Robert Ayers signed a five year deal, no news on Knowshon.

diabsoule
08-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Bengals starting TE Reggie Kelly will miss every bit of six months with a ruptured Achilles' tendon.

ChezPower4
08-03-2009, 11:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/maclin-eagles-finally-work-out-a-deal/

J-Mac has ended his holdout.

Nice to see that the first rounders are starting to get into camp

Brent
08-04-2009, 01:26 AM
But man are the Panthers in trouble, look at the tackles on the roster:Marlon Favorite
Nick Hayden
Lonnie Harvey
Corey Irvin
Maake Kemoeatu
Damione Lewis
Lorenzo Williams
I hate to see guys hurt, but since we have their 1st rounder, I love it.

Thumper
08-04-2009, 01:48 AM

If only this happened last year...

BlindSite
08-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Had a promising rookie back up interior lineman go down as well as stewart having some niggles.

I smell 2004 all over again.

Geo
08-04-2009, 05:06 PM
I think I figured it out, Ron Meeks is a DT jinx.

BlindSite
08-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Hopefully someone serviceable gets cut or demands a trade.

TitleTown088
08-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Panthers rookie OG Duke Robinson was carted off the practice field Tuesday with heart-related problems.
Hopefully its nothing serious...

The Panthers are getting screwed by injuries. Hate to see it.

BlindSite
08-04-2009, 05:56 PM
i swear this team is cursed at times.

TitleTown088
08-04-2009, 06:03 PM
i swear this team is cursed at times.

When it rains, it pours.

Happens to most teams one time or another. Happened to the Packers last season to a degree.

j05son
08-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Eric Wright of the Cleveland Browns tweaked his hamstring. Nothing else is known, seriousness or how many days he'll miss.

BeerBaron
08-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Per PFT, Texans starting CB Jaques Reeves broke his leg today. Gives Dunta Robinson all the more leverage he could want, like maybe forcing the team to promise not use the franchise tag again next year or something.

M.O.T.H.
08-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Reeves is terrible anyway...but still sucks for him.

BeerBaron
08-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Reeves is terrible anyway...but still sucks for him.

Considering I read that a rookie 6th rounder took his spot, he was probably at least a little better than that.

bernbabybern820
08-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Khalif Barnes out 4-6 weeks with a hairline fracture to his left ankle.

08-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Khalif Barnes out 4-6 weeks with a hairline fracture to his left ankle.

I didn't think he would beat out Henderson for the LT job, but I was at least hoping he would replace Green on the right side. Our offensive linemen are falling like flies, let's hope Gallery is on the road to a speedy recovery.

M.O.T.H.
08-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Adam Terry is probably out for the year.

BeerBaron
08-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Harry Douglas appears done for the year in Atlanta per PFT. Went down with a "leg" injury, had to be helped off the field to a cart. Matt Ryan apparently shouted an expletive when he saw it happen....not good.

08-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Harry Douglas appears done for the year in Atlanta per PFT. Went down with a "leg" injury, had to be helped off the field to a cart. Matt Ryan apparently shouted an expletive when he saw it happen....not good.

Damn. He had been playing extremely well up to now in Roddy's place. I really feel bad for him and the Falcons. He had so much promise to build on after a solid rookie year.

diabsoule
08-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Bengals place starting TE Reggie Kelly on IR ending his season.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2009, 05:48 PM
What's the news on Reggie Bush? Assuming it isn't too serious...

TitleTown088
08-05-2009, 05:51 PM
What's the news on Reggie Bush? Assuming it isn't too serious...

You assumed correct.

Reggie Bush (knee) returned to a complete practice Wednesday evening, according to beat writer Sheldon Mickles.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2009, 05:57 PM
You assumed correct.

I figured either it wasn't serious, or there wasn't word of it, because if it was known to be serious, or even something that'd keep him out for more than a day or two, it would already be up here...lol

BlindSite
08-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Ma'ake is definitely out for the year, might almost be a full 12 month break. He's already 30, gotta make you wonder just how good a 31 yr old DE coming off a torn achillies will be in the future.

Thomas Davis dinged up his leg today as well.

Stewart is still practising once per day for his achillies, no word on how serious, but apparently he was hurting all last season and still chipped in for 800+ and 10Tds.

M.O.T.H.
08-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Greg Ellis made the pro bowl after tearing his achilles and he was older. :) There is hope.

BeerBaron
08-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Douglas is officially done. Torn ACL. Ouch....I didn't like the Falcons chances of repeating to begin with this year but this doesn't help...he was developing into a nice #2/3 type option for them.

Thumper
08-06-2009, 04:48 AM
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter
Ravens receiver Mark Clayton out 4-6 weeks with hamstring injury. Good thing Mason is back or they'd really be screwed.

-------
10 49ers players are banged up but Singletary will not let up. Most injuries are minor tweaks but Singletary has the pedal to the metal and is not letting up. If he gets to stay long enough in San Francisco we could be looking at a tough team in about 2 years, with Singletary as the coach they will be one of the toughest and meanest in the NFL, and they already have P-Willy and Takeo Spikes.

-------
Glen Dorsey missed 10 practices before he could pass a conditioning test. Not good. Especially considering he is in a new scheme.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4661

abaddon41_80
08-06-2009, 11:17 AM
We need a rookie cap because this is getting ridiculous...

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

Of course, what Crabtree specifically wants isn't known, since Parker (as multiple sources tell us) still hasn't made a proposal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/06/source-parker-tells-niners-that-crabtree-will-re-enter-draft/

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-06-2009, 11:30 AM
We need a rookie cap because this is getting ridiculous...

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

Of course, what Crabtree specifically wants isn't known, since Parker (as multiple sources tell us) still hasn't made a proposal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/06/source-parker-tells-niners-that-crabtree-will-re-enter-draft/

beat me to it :)

But I definitely agree with you. All these holdouts are crazy, these players have never played a single down in the NFL and should be out in TC proving themselves and getting better. I'm definitely on board for a rookie salary cap, hopefully Goodell and Co. agrees.

Geo
08-06-2009, 11:42 AM
I have to think the agent Parker is to blame in this. If it's actually Crabtree behind it all, then the kid's character is an even worse issue than I thought.

But I have absolutely zero sympathy for the 49ers. They were smart enough to draft this kid with the 10th overall pick, they deserve to reap what they sow. Singletary took his Texas boy and McCloughlan is the GM.

The actual bad thing is that this is ******* up the other teams around this pick trying to sign their own draft picks. Well, that and some of those teams being cheap (one definitely is).

LonghornsLegend
08-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Douglas is officially done. Torn ACL. Ouch....I didn't like the Falcons chances of repeating to begin with this year but this doesn't help...he was developing into a nice #2/3 type option for them.

Well hey, at least they gave away Laurent Robinson for virtually nothing. Wonder if that makes it sting even worse.

They didn't even get a player for him, the moved up way late in the draft which never made sense to me, you could of got the players you picked at the original picks you had anyway, you don't know how the draft will turn out especially that early. Robinson was young and talented to, on a rookie salary, never saw the need to rush and trade him for scraps unless you were getting another talented player in return.

Sucks for Douglas, the guy had talent, but injuries like this early in careers can stunt growth for a young WR.

bearsfan_51
08-06-2009, 12:16 PM
There is a rookie cap, if you don't want to give a rookie a bunch of money, don't do it.

Borat
08-06-2009, 12:16 PM
But I have absolutely zero sympathy for the 49ers. They were smart enough to draft this kid with the 10th overall pick, they deserve to reap what they sow. Singletary took his Texas boy and McCloughlan is the GM.

Sorry Geo, but that comment is ********. Asking for No. 3 money wasn't even an issue during the draft. How can you fault the Niners for that? Were they supposed to assume that Crabtree would demand top 3 money when they drafted him?

LonghornsLegend
08-06-2009, 12:21 PM
I have to think the agent Parker is to blame in this. If it's actually Crabtree behind it all, then the kid's character is an even worse issue than I thought.

The actual bad thing is that this is ******* up the other teams around this pick trying to sign their own draft picks. Well, that and some of those teams being cheap (one definitely is).

Reap what they sow? That makes absolutely no sense to me. What did they do wrong here again?

Brent
08-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah, because every one knew he would demand that much money, right? Just like they all thought he would fall to #10? Give me a ******* break.

Borat
08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Reap what they sow? That makes absolutely no sense to me. What did they do wrong here again?

Obviously, the Niners are at fault for not using their crystal ball. That's a pretty big mistake.

Geo
08-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Getting Crabtee signed to a rookie contract won't be the last stumbling block with Crabtree and the 49ers imo. Definitely not.

We'll see.

Brent
08-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Getting Crabtee signed to a rookie contract won't be the last stumbling block with Crabtree and the 49ers imo. Definitely not.
Please, Geo, enlighten us as to what those "stumbling blocks" will be?

Geo
08-06-2009, 12:37 PM
If it works out for them, then good for them. Reaping what they sow works good or bad.

Brent
08-06-2009, 12:40 PM
that's a pretty ******* vague response.

Geo
08-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Sorry, I haven't quite figured out time travel just yet. The flux capacitor is a real nailer of a puzzle.

Brent
08-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Sorry, I haven't quite figured out time travel just yet. The flux capacitor is a real nailer of a puzzle.
You accuse the Niners of bringing this on themselves, then you say this won't be the last stumbling block. You seem to know what's going to happen, so please, Geo, I ask what these stumbling blocks are, since you seem to think they're on their way.

Borat
08-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Brent, I think you'd have to change the name from Niners to Colts and from Crabtree to Brown for Geo to give you a positive response.

LonghornsLegend
08-06-2009, 02:02 PM

You made a pretty bold statement then didn't really back it up well at all, again, what are the Niners at fault of? What did they do wrong in this situation?

08-06-2009, 02:07 PM
You made a pretty bold statement then didn't really back it up well at all, again, what are the Niners at fault of? What did they do wrong in this situation?

Drafting Crabs in the first place???

Brent
08-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Drafting Crabs in the first place???
And they're at fault for that how? He never said any thing which would lead any one to believe he would hold out, or demand more than the likely expected money for a skill position player taken at #10.

bearsfan_51
08-06-2009, 02:27 PM
They could have asked if he would sign for slot money. Usually agents will tell right off the bat if they are going to demand a slot increase because they don't want to be drafted by a team that is going to play hardball. The Bears do this every time they have a 1st round draft pick and outside of Benson have never had a problem.

Maybe they did do this and it just didn't work out. Hard to say.

keylime_5
08-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Browns OG Rex Hadnot "blows out knee" today at camp. Bummer.

http://cle.scout.com/2/885409.html

Geo
08-06-2009, 02:39 PM
And they're at fault for that how? He never said any thing which would lead any one to believe he would hold out, or demand more than the likely expected money for a skill position player taken at #10.
My concerns were/are his speed, character, intelligence, the people he might associate with as a pro, and his route-running. Feel free to look up my post history.

Not the contract itself, although obviously it's a serious issue now. He hired a professional agent, but so much for that to this point. Whoever is at fault.

Even Vince Young's uncle got a deal done well before this time.

Brent
08-06-2009, 02:55 PM
A player who is believed to be a top 10 pick, as far as we can all tell, goes at #10. If he's truly demanding that he get paid like a top 5 pick, then he needs to get the **** over himself.

Also, I saw the line from someone in his camp about how much DHB got. Well, who gives a ****? You aren't ******* DHB and you didnt go #7. Tough ****.

BeerBaron
08-06-2009, 03:00 PM
My idea would be to compromise a little bit and offer him incentives that would turn it into a top 5 pick caliber contract if he actually goes out and plays like a top 5 kind of player.

I'm sure that's already been talked about and rejected by now....but if it hasn't, then Crabtree and/or his agent are just stuck up idiots.

Brent
08-06-2009, 04:28 PM
My idea would be to compromise a little bit and offer him incentives that would turn it into a top 5 pick caliber contract if he actually goes out and plays like a top 5 kind of player.
Well, the longer he doesnt show up, the hard it'll take for him to get on the field, Josh Morgan is blowing up TC. Bruce is always going to be a starter. Brandon Jones, Jason Hill, and (especially) Dominique Zeigler are looking good.

TitleTown088
08-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Tyson Jackson signed. Hopefully that will speed up the rest a bit.

BlindSite
08-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Thomas Davis returned to practice, apparently he just bumped knees with someone and it was more soreness from trauma than tearing of muscle/ligaments or breaking of bone.

Geo
08-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Tyson Jackson signed. Hopefully that will speed up the rest a bit.
Jackson has the same agent as Crabtree, Eugene Parker, so the guy can get a deal done in the Top 10. Now he just needs to go 2-for-2.

BamaFalcon59
08-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Well, the longer he doesnt show up, the hard it'll take for him to get on the field, Josh Morgan is blowing up TC. Bruce is always going to be a starter. Brandon Jones, Jason Hill, and (especially) Dominique Zeigler are looking good.

VT for the win! Eddie Royal and Josh Morgan, balling.

Primetime21
08-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Yes now that Tyson Jackson is signed it the Seahawks can give Aaron Curry realistic money and not Sanchez money.

vidae
08-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes now that Tyson Jackson is signed it the Seahawks can give Aaron Curry realistic money and not Sanchez money.

From early reports it's being said that Jackson is the highest paid player (per year) in Chiefs history.

Not sure I like that but it must be a lot since Cassel just got done inking a what, 28 mil guaranteed?

Wonder what the specifics are of this contract.

Whatever though, I'm glad he got signed and is in camp.

PalmerToCJ
08-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Bengals have reportedly offered Andre Smith 5 million LESS than DHB got. UGH!

Early favorites for longest holdouts

1. Crabtree
2. Smith
3. Maybin

TitleTown088
08-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Brandon Jones fractured shoulder , out 8 weeks.

Menardo75
08-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Brandon Jones fractured shoulder , out 8 weeks.

Our Brandon Jones?

BeerBaron
08-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Our Brandon Jones?

I believe so. PFT said he had a sprain, but it could have been found to be broken since then.

BeerBaron
08-07-2009, 01:59 PM
I believe so. PFT said he had a sprain, but it could have been found to be broken since then.

And as soon as I post, he updates:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/07/niners-receiver-brandon-jones-out-eight-weeks/

Menardo75
08-07-2009, 02:05 PM
And as soon as I post, he updates:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/07/niners-receiver-brandon-jones-out-eight-weeks/

Well atleast we didn't lose him for the season, sucks though he has been having a great camp.

Thumper
08-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Cornelius Ingram re-tears his ACL and is out for the season :( Horrible news.

M.O.T.H.
08-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Cornelius Ingram tore his ACL, he's done. (edit...thumper beat me to it)

Desean Jackson suffered a hyper extended knee in practice today.

Cowboys had a scare when Mike Jenkins turned an ankle. We were hearing high ankle sprain or worse but, turns out it's mild and he's day to day. Dodged a bullet there.

Brent
08-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Cornelius Ingram re-tears his ACL and is out for the season :( Horrible news.
two year in a row, right?

Thumper
08-08-2009, 04:27 PM
two year in a row, right?

yep. :( (10 characters)

Brent
08-08-2009, 04:29 PM
that sucks, for him. is it the same knee?

Thumper
08-08-2009, 04:30 PM
that sucks, for him. is it the same knee?

Yes same exact knee and it came exactly one year later to the day.

BlindSite
08-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Thomas Davis was limping at fan fest, no specifics.

Beason is still sitting out doing rehab work.

Brent
08-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Yes same exact knee and it came exactly one year later to the day.
me thinks that his career might be over before it starts.

BeerBaron
08-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Looks like Harry Douglas getting hurt really helped out Roddy White:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/08/roddy-white-signs/

The Falcons caved and he got a new big money deal.

d34ng3l021
08-08-2009, 07:43 PM

5 years, 60 million, 18 million guaranteed.

8.3 million a year (average) isn't too bad. The 18 in guaranteed doesn't seem too outrageous either, especially with the new contracts being signed. I think the issue was length of contract; the team wanted to give him 3 years and he/his agent wanted 5.

I think both sides should be happy. Now that he can practice with the Falcons again, I think its time that the Falcons offense goes into juggernaut mode. They will surprise people.

ChezPower4
08-08-2009, 07:51 PM

Good move for the Falcons. I think that White has earned this deal.

The Unseen
08-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Jaguars WR Mike Walker helped off the field at the Jaguars' in-stadium scrimmage with an ankle injury...severity/type unknown as of yet.

would suck big time if it was high-ankle. guy can't catch a break.

vidae
08-08-2009, 10:53 PM
5 years, 60 million, 18 million guaranteed.

8.3 million a year (average) isn't too bad. The 18 in guaranteed doesn't seem too outrageous either, especially with the new contracts being signed. I think the issue was length of contract; the team wanted to give him 3 years and he/his agent wanted 5.

I think both sides should be happy. Now that he can practice with the Falcons again, I think its time that the Falcons offense goes into juggernaut mode. They will surprise people.

They had a pretty dominant offense last year. I don't think they're going to surprise anyone. People know their offense is a step away from dominant, and now that they signed Tony, everyone can see it for what it truly is.

d34ng3l021
08-09-2009, 01:13 AM
They had a pretty dominant offense last year. I don't think they're going to surprise anyone. People know their offense is a step away from dominant, and now that they signed Tony, everyone can see it for what it truly is.

Yeah, but the homer in my still believes people will be surprised. I am talking about a top 5, top 3 offense. Even keeping the same ranking would be fine, considering we switch from playing the NFC North and AFC West to NFC East and AFC East.

BlindSite
08-09-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeah, but the homer in my still believes people will be surprised. I am talking about a top 5, top 3 offense. Even keeping the same ranking would be fine, considering we switch from playing the NFC North and AFC West to NFC East and AFC East.

Tough time to be a tampa fan, they have 6 games facing some really tough offenses and that's just in the division.

The Unseen
08-09-2009, 07:06 AM
Jaguars WR Mike Walker helped off the field at the Jaguars' in-stadium scrimmage with an ankle injury...severity/type unknown as of yet.

would suck big time if it was high-ankle. guy can't catch a break.

X-ray was negative

Bengalsrocket
08-09-2009, 07:44 AM

I like the Falcons offense, but I don't think they'll be top 5 in the league, maybe conference though. I think a lot of that hinges on Turner too, not just Ryan like a few people seem to think.

Tough time to be a tampa fan, they have 6 games facing some really tough offenses and that's just in the division.

Maybe, I kind of feel like the entire NFC South has the ability to conform to their division and keep it competitive. Not always, but a lot of the time the NFC South games are some of the most competitive division games around. If they can stop the run at all it should help against 2 of 3 teams anyways. And no matter how explosive the saints offense is, they still need to put together a defense to win games.

I don't think Tampa is going to be a great team, I just don't think they're going to go 0-6 for the division, of course I could be wrong here :)

BeerBaron
08-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Donnie Avery just went down 4-6 weeks for the Rams.....yikes. Could miss the opener per PFT.

Inside track to the #1 overall pick anyone? (And I think this even before this injury that will cause him to miss significant time learning the Ram's new WCO)

bearsfan_51
08-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Inside track to the #1 overall pick anyone?
http://nachodonut.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/cleveland_browns_helmet-logo.jpg

Sorry Browns fans. It pains me to say it as a former Clevelander, but your team is terrible.

keylime_5
08-09-2009, 05:11 PM
We do suck, but not #1 pick bad. Not as much talent at the top but we have a lot of depth and an easy schedule.

Borat
08-09-2009, 05:43 PM
I think Tampa Bay will end up with the first pick.

Bucs_Rule
08-09-2009, 06:56 PM
I think Tampa Bay will end up with the first pick.

What were you doing on Thanksgiving? If you saw the Lions game you wouldn't think that.

They should have a good offense. A strong running game, with Bryant and Winslow catching it wouldn't be so easy to just zone in on the running game. The QBs are a big question mark, I think Leftwich will do a decent job as a QB on a running team. Behind big I worry about him leading a pass heavy offense when the D can tee off on him.

The D is a big problem, the line will really struggled at the end last season, going to a defense that requires bigger lineman will hurt even more.

We should be competitive enough to not be a bottom feeder. Last year the South was a huge home-field advantage division, TB should be able to win 2 of those games. Im not as sold on the other 3 teams as everyone else is. Carolina was awful in their playoff game and showed weaknesses. Teams like Atlanta that have huge jumps usually drop off a couple games the following year. NO still has a terrible defense, for all the talk of it improving I'll believe it when I see it.

Borat
08-09-2009, 07:05 PM
What were you doing on Thanksgiving?

Eating turkey, watching bad football and sleeping. Isn't that what everyone does on Thanksgiving? :)

BamaFalcon59
08-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Michael Turner is listed at 5'10" 256 on NFL.com. That is gigantic! lol.

Thumper
08-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Trent Cole strained his shoulder today
Kevin Kolb strained his left knee

And, they keep dropping at Eagles camp...

diabsoule
08-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Lions starting DE Jason DeVries is out for the season with a ruptured Achilles' tendon.

BeerBaron
08-10-2009, 06:10 PM
It's not really an injury or holdout, but worthwhile news nonetheless:

Tony Ugoh has been benched as the Colts starting LT in favor of former 6th rounder Charles Johnson.

And I recall a LOT of people being real high on Ugoh too.....

no bare feet
08-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Panthers WR Steve Smith just went down in practice with an apparent wrist injury. He appears in pain and just kicked his helmert in frustration.

Ravens1991
08-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Justin Harper is the most impressive WR in Ravens camp. That either means we got a steal or we are in for a horrible passing game next year

M.O.T.H.
08-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Steve Smith injured his shoulder, not wrist...x-rays negative.

Antonio Bryant injured his knee and it's fairly serious, I guess...since he'll miss the entire preseason.

Ryan Harris injured his shoulder in practice.

yodabear
08-11-2009, 01:35 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4387537

Didn't see this one in here yet. This kinda stinks. 4 weeks puts it at the opener in Seattle. It does hurt to lose ur #1 receiver, but it should be fine. RAMS HAVE A CHANCE THIS YEAR!

no bare feet
08-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Dallas Morning News - Martellus Bennett, the second-year tight end for the Dallas Cowboys, twisted his left knee in Monday's practice.

Bennett blamed the injury on "a moon rock in my sock" and said he would practice on Tuesday.

"I'm fine," he said. "It's nothing major."

tjsunstein
08-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Saints rookie S Chip Vaughn will have a scope on his left knee to repair his meniscus today. The only two healthy draft picks left in camp are CB Malcolm Jenkins and P Thomas Morstead.

diabsoule
08-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Saints rookie S Chip Vaughn will have a scope on his left knee to repair his meniscus today. The only two healthy draft picks left in camp are CB Malcolm Jenkins and P Thomas Morstead.

******* ****. I hope Chip Vaughn recovers quickly. This sucks.

diabsoule
08-11-2009, 12:39 PM
The Saints have invited LB Derrick Brooks for a workout after acknowledging that LB Mark Simoneau has a torn tricep.

M.O.T.H.
08-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Dallas Morning News - Martellus Bennett, the second-year tight end for the Dallas Cowboys, twisted his left knee in Monday's practice.

Bennett blamed the injury on "a moon rock in my sock" and said he would practice on Tuesday.

"I'm fine," he said. "It's nothing major."

Not really news worthy...he's just one of the several cowboys down with a minor injury, none of which will keep them out for all that long. As for the moon rock...? lol. They misquoted him, though. He says he plays with a moon rock in sock and he forgot it so, he got hurt. He's just weird as hell.

no bare feet
08-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Not really news worthy...he's just one of the several cowboys down with a minor injury, none of which will keep them out for all that long. As for the moon rock...?

Yeah the moon rock was the reason for the post.

M.O.T.H.
08-11-2009, 12:50 PM
I edited my response a little. They misqouted him a bit. He said he got his moon rock from Neil Armstrong and his alien friends or something along those lines. And he forgot it so, he got hurt.

If Martellus failed a drug test, I wouldnt be surprised. lol.

Staubach12
08-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Martellus could be on some hardcore drugs. Normal people just don't talk like that haha.

But it's good to see he'll be okay. He might be our #3 target this year if we run two TE sets a lot.

Gay Ork Wang
08-11-2009, 01:26 PM
The Saints have invited LB Derrick Brooks for a workout after acknowledging that LB Mark Simoneau has a torn tricep.
that would be hella weird to see Brooks as a Saint playing against Tampa

BeerBaron
08-11-2009, 01:27 PM

Aye, I'm glad to see him get a chance though. Dude can still play at a high level.

Brent
08-11-2009, 01:57 PM
If Martellus failed a drug test, I wouldnt be surprised. lol.
No way, man. Martellus is just a goofy dude. I had a class with him his final year at A&M. Sonofabitch, he's the most unintentionally hilarious guy alive.

CC.SD
08-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Moon rock...what the hell...

BlindSite
08-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Smith is only expected to miss the preseason.

M.O.T.H.
08-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Giants' Andre Brown tore his achilles, out for the year.

Flyboy
08-14-2009, 09:30 PM

We're expected to make a decision on Derrick Brooks and Derek Smith on Saturday after our preseason game.

Brent
08-15-2009, 12:27 AM
if I heard correctly during the game, the Niners offered Crabtree 6 years and 16 million guaranteed.

phlysac
08-15-2009, 06:41 PM
49ers runningback Thomas Clayton out for the year with an ACL Tear. He was in a battle with Kory Sheets for the final HB spot.

phlysac
08-15-2009, 06:42 PM
if I heard correctly during the game, the Niners offered Crabtree 6 years and 16 million guaranteed.

They quoted Matt Maiocco's report that the 49ers offered Crabtree the 18% increase of Jerod Mayo.

Splat
08-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Grossman out 4-5 weeks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txtexansgrossman&prov=st&type=lgns)

BeerBaron
08-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Grossman out 4-5 weeks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txtexansgrossman&prov=st&type=lgns)

Oh Rexy....I had forgotten all about how when you weren't sucking you were hurt.

Splat
08-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Chiefs sign WR Ashley Lelie (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txchiefslelie&prov=st&type=lgns)

T-RICH49
08-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Chiefs sign WR Ashley Lelie (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txchiefslelie&prov=st&type=lgns)

WOOO Webb is gone!!!!!!!!

Splat
08-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Jets DE Ellis suspended for 1 game, fined $100,000 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txjetsellissuspended&prov=st&type=lgns)

CC.SD
08-17-2009, 03:01 PM
“I'm always 100 percent in my mind,”

actual quote from Buster Davis. Who is of course back on the injured list following preseason game 1, where he posted 60 yards and returned kicks.

Gay Ork Wang
08-19-2009, 04:53 AM
Chaz Schilens broke a bone in his left foot and needs at least 1 month of rest.

SuperMcGee
08-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Dammit, Crowell. He was so good just two years ago, and now his career looks toast after two lost seasons in a row. He already wasn't the same after the knee, I'd expect it to be hard for him to get back after another tear in the arm.

bernbabybern820
08-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Kirk Morrison dislocated his elbow against the 49ers and is out for 2-3 weeks.

bigbluedefense
08-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Alford - torn MCL and partially torn ACL. most likely done for the season.

Canty - hamstring tear. im expecting him back by week 8, but thats just me.

Phillips - "knee" im hoping its not serious and he'll be ready by week 1.

Pierce - "foot" sounds like he'll miss at least 2 weeks, might be ready by week 1.

Gay Ork Wang
08-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Alford - torn MCL and partially torn ACL. most likely done for the season.

Canty - hamstring tear. im expecting him back by week 8, but thats just me.

Phillips - "knee" im hoping its not serious and he'll be ready by week 1.

Pierce - "foot" sounds like he'll miss at least 2 weeks, might be ready by week 1.
Alford and canty are kinda big losses at least thats what i think. i guess canty was projected to start at DT or at least in passing situations and Lazy Eye Alford would be in the rotation. Who is left?