PDA

View Full Version : Noel Devine

TheChampIsHere
03-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Whats he been up to? I remember a couple years ago he was lookin like a promising prospect and he was getting adopted by Deon and had some problems and everything but whats he been up to lately? Is he in college?

NickBam
03-09-2007, 01:02 PM
He decided on W. Virginia, but I've heard he's now going the prep route. I don't know which one he's doing for sure.

AllanO444
03-09-2007, 01:44 PM
i'm pretty sure he's goin to prep school. you're right he did commit to West Virginia but withdrew that commitment. i heard his mentor is deion sanders and he persuaded him not to go to WVU after he committed because he wanted him to go to prep school, then Florida State or sumthin...

FLORIDA PACKER
03-09-2007, 02:12 PM
He's from my home town so I know most of the scoop on him

He's an amazing talent, but he's a straight up prick, and not much of a student, not much of brain at all really.

He didn't have high enough SAT/ACT scores to get into West Virginia so he has to go the prep school route for a year before he can commit officially, It's doubtful he even goes to WV at this point.

WildDude
03-09-2007, 02:27 PM
he actually did, all he needed was to matain a 2.0 for the rest of the year and hes in... thats what i heard

Draft King
03-11-2007, 07:52 PM
So what's going to happen? He'll disappear for a year then all of a sudden tear up college football?

neko4
03-11-2007, 08:05 PM
So what's going to happen? He'll disappear for a year then all of a sudden tear up college football?

Wouldnt be the 1st time someones did that

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
03-11-2007, 08:14 PM
I hope he comes to FSU next year, if he's goin the prep route. We need a gamebreaker like him.

Young Nasty Man
03-11-2007, 08:53 PM
if he could put on some weight...that guy is going to be unstoppable....Reggie Bush version 2.4

soybean
03-11-2007, 08:59 PM
he's gonna go to prep school and in 2 years be wearing a trojan uniform.

elway777
03-11-2007, 09:05 PM

Like the optimism Soy, but he's staying in Florida. Joe Mcknight, Marc Tyler, C.J. Gable, Emanuel Moody and Broderick Green. Enough said.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
03-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Like the optimism Soy, but he's staying in Florida. Joe Mcknight, Marc Tyler, C.J. Gable, Emanuel Moody and Broderick Green. Enough said.

+ the 3 5* RBs they grab in this class.

lol.

rainbeaukid2
03-11-2007, 09:46 PM
+ the 3 5* RBs they grab in this class.

lol.

that list counted this year's recruits

Big Mike
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Noel Devine needs to smarten up - thats all i know. He better not let his talent go to waste with a bad attittude and become a better maurice clarett

YAYareaRB
03-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Noel Devine needs to smarten up - thats all i know. He better not let his talent go to waste with a bad attittude and become a better maurice clarett

He needs a job quick for child support.

ncst8fan83
03-12-2007, 11:04 AM

asking noel to smarten up is like asking a white guy to become athletic

(just bustin' your balls, don't take it personal)

OhioState
03-12-2007, 02:00 PM
didn't he steal deons escalade and leave him?

Ho0k Em'
03-12-2007, 02:02 PM

He took Deion's car and drove to the airport and flew home, yes.

Big Mike
03-12-2007, 02:02 PM

yup. though he did send the wifes escalade back

ironman4579
03-12-2007, 02:08 PM
if he could put on some weight...that guy is going to be unstoppable....Reggie Bush version 2.4

I don't know if I'd say that. Rivals has him listed at 5'9" 178. That sounds more like Garrett Wolfe to me. However, he may be Reggie V2.4 in college, but at that size he probably wouldn't be much of a pro prospect.

Big Mike
03-12-2007, 02:18 PM
I don't know if I'd say that. Rivals has him listed at 5'9" 178. That sounds more like Garrett Wolfe to me. However, he may be Reggie V2.4 in college, but at that size he probably wouldn't be much of a pro prospect.

I can see him being a Warrick Dunn but even better.

Rookie Season for him that i see - 1400 RushYDS, 4.6 YPC, 12 TDs

TheChampIsHere
03-12-2007, 02:18 PM

if he puts on pounds, 5'9'' is plenty of size for a running back. Most running backs are under 6 feet. and im sure he will be able to put on 20 or 30 pounds by the time he goes to the NFL...hes not even in college yet.

ironman4579
03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
if he puts on pounds, 5'9'' is plenty of size for a running back. Most running backs are under 6 feet. and im sure he will be able to put on 20 or 30 pounds by the time he goes to the NFL...hes not even in college yet.

Clearly that's true, but when he does put on weight will he still be as fast and shifty as he is? I'm not so sure.

Big Mike
03-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Clearly that's true, but when he does put on weight will he still be as fast and shifty as he is? I'm not so sure.

Me neither, he also seems like somebody with bad work ethic.
How many LBS do Westbrook and Jones-Drew weigh?

ironman4579
03-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Jones-Drew-5'7" 212 lbs

Westbrook-5'8" 207 lbs

according to their player pages on NFL.com.

And Drew was also listed by Rivals as 5-8, 190 and running a 4.4 40 as an incoming freshman, and 205 by his junior year. I can't find Westbrooks measurables for his freshman year, but I have little doubt that he weighed in at more than 178. Put it this way. Devine would have to put on 12 pounds of weight just to equal Jones Drew as a freshman, let alone the 34 pounds he'd have to put on to equal Jones-Drew now, and I'm sorry, I don't see a kid putting on 34 pounds and maintaining the same speed.

soybean
03-12-2007, 03:51 PM

haha yeah i was trying to be sarcastic... i shoulda put [sarcasm] i heard cj gable is gonna move to defense, i don't know if that's true though.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Damn, this kid's a thug. Stole Deion's escalade LMAO. He's the RB version of Pac-Man Jones.

TNewFan41
03-12-2007, 04:07 PM

Version 2.4? What kind of number is that, lol?

ds8582
03-12-2007, 04:09 PM

I think its a decimal.

ironman4579
03-12-2007, 10:18 PM

Don't ask me, I just took it from the post I qouted, lol!

Microphon200
03-13-2007, 12:32 AM

Brian Urlacher, A. J. Hawk- enough said

ncst8fan83
03-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Brian Urlacher, A. J. Hawk- enough said

huh? (stupid 10 character limit)

soybean
03-13-2007, 05:19 PM
you guys are forgetting a very important fact, he's a straight up pimp. 4 kids with 4 different women before he graduated high school, and he looks like a frog with golden teeth? that's true skill, forget football.

Pittbc7
03-13-2007, 06:36 PM

Sam McGuffie is better than Noel Devine and he is WHITE!!!!

ironman4579
03-15-2007, 02:18 PM
you guys are forgetting a very important fact, he's a straight up pimp. 4 kids with 4 different women before he graduated high school, and he looks like a frog with golden teeth? that's true skill, forget football.

I would say true skill would be NOT having 4 kids with 4 different women.

ncst8fan83
03-15-2007, 02:33 PM
^i believe he was saying that tongue in cheek

ThaU4Life
03-16-2007, 09:16 AM

yeah he needs some size but he's strong as a ox, he could bench 300+ as a freshman.

lod01
03-16-2007, 10:54 AM
He has about a 1% chance of ever seeing a snap in the NFL.

WildDude
03-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Dishon Platt part 2? another extremely talented player who didnt play a down of college ball cause hes an idiot

Ho0k Em'
03-16-2007, 04:44 PM

He only has 2 kids.

Also, to all you saying this kid is a "thug" and will never make it to the NFL. He has never been arrested and it's been said many times that he doesn't smoke or drink, and he takes care of both his chlidren. Last time I checked having trouble at school doesn't make you a "thug" or a bad person. I don't think it's a huge deal that he took Deion's car and drove to the airport. How would you feel if you moved 5 states over to live with some star you barely know? He got homesick so he took the car to the airport and flew home. This kid has had an extremely tough life losing both parents, his best friend, and growing up in a bad neighborhood. He should be applauded for staying out of trouble and making it to where he has today especially with the kind of fame he's had since he was a freshman.

Komp
03-16-2007, 08:47 PM
I think the reason he isn't doing everything for football isn't b/c he is too lazy/doesn't care, I think it it b/c he has more important things in his life [kids, family] than football.

Like HookEm said...give the kid a break.

Jhasley10
03-16-2007, 08:51 PM
isnt he 19 right now...so the time he is a freshman he is going to be 20 ??? ouch

the kid has alot of potential BUT his size hurts him from playing in pro style systems
i expect him to sign with WVU with the intention of starting as a true frosh and playing in rich rodriguez spread offense

ThaU4Life
03-16-2007, 09:01 PM
He only has 2 kids.

Also, to all you saying this kid is a "thug" and will never make it to the NFL. He has never been arrested and it's been said many times that he doesn't smoke or drink, and he takes care of both his chlidren. Last time I checked having trouble at school doesn't make you a "thug" or a bad person. I don't think it's a huge deal that he took Deion's car and drove to the airport. How would you feel if you moved 5 states over to live with some star you barely know? He got homesick so he took the car to the airport and flew home. This kid has had an extremely tough life losing both parents, his best friend, and growing up in a bad neighborhood. He should be applauded for staying out of trouble and making it to where he has today especially with the kind of fame he's had since he was a freshman.

Couldn't agree more, it seems like people want to just assume he's a thug because he has 2 kids but a lot of people don't know much more about him other then he has 2kids, took Deions car and has gold teeth.

ironman4579
03-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Personally, I don't think he's a thug at all. I just don't think he'll be an elite pro prospect at this point. And really, even if he is a thug, people can change.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
03-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Dishon Platt part 2? another extremely talented player who didnt play a down of college ball cause hes an idiot

Damn Dishon Platt's character Issues. He was gonna be a star at FSU, and then we didn't get any great ones after him...

MP123
03-20-2007, 12:27 AM
huh? (stupid 10 character limit)

My point was that there are great white athletes.

BamaFalcon59
03-20-2007, 12:58 AM
It'd be pretty cool to average 12 yards a carry.

Jimmy
03-20-2007, 08:05 AM

he should come to salisbury

ncst8fan83
03-20-2007, 02:28 PM
My point was that there are great white athletes.

and my point was you completely missed the point of my first post that had absolutely nothing to do with you. i believe it was directed towards big mike and his obsession with white athletes and their physical shortcomings compared to african american athletes. it was an older thing that i'd been ribbing him for. people have preconceived notions about white guys athleticism and black guys intelligence, when in fact neither is true and both are blatant racism. but i would(and did) catch more flak for posting about a black mans intelligence than a black man would posting about a white mans athletic ability or lack thereof.

i didn't mean for this to become a dissertation but i just wanted to explain why i said what i said and that there was a point behind it.

nafselon
03-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Personally, I don't think he's a thug at all. I just don't think he'll be an elite pro prospect at this point. And really, even if he is a thug, people can change.

Nothing really thuggish about Noel except for the gold teeth that he's chucked and the dreds he's since cut off. He's had NO home to speak of for the majority of his life. This isn't a kid who rejected parental guidance, he didn't have any that was offered.

He's survived and hung in there. He's going to get to Hargrave and mature more and hopefully he'll find a place where he is comfortable and where he can get his education.

Having had the opportunity to meet Noel last summer and keep a bit of a correspondence with him over the last 10 months, I have tremendous respect for him. He's not perfect and he's not a saint, but he tries to do the right things and his heart is in the right place. For a 17-18 year old kid that has had to learn through trial and error, I respect the fact that he's survived and has put himself in a position to get a college education despite his mistakes.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
03-22-2007, 04:46 PM
that list counted this year's recruits

I mean't next years as in '08

Young Nasty Man
03-22-2007, 04:50 PM

Justin Gwaltney was like that. Led Long Island in rushing but didn't play a down of college ball because of his brains. And for the record, he was supposed to be better then Slaton. That panned out well...you can visit him at NCC (Nassau Community College).

remix 6
03-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Nothing really thuggish about Noel except for the gold teeth that he's chucked and the dreds he's since cut off. He's had NO home to speak of for the majority of his life. This isn't a kid who rejected parental guidance, he didn't have any that was offered.

He's survived and hung in there. He's going to get to Hargrave and mature more and hopefully he'll find a place where he is comfortable and where he can get his education.

Having had the opportunity to meet Noel last summer and keep a bit of a correspondence with him over the last 10 months, I have tremendous respect for him. He's not perfect and he's not a saint, but he tries to do the right things and his heart is in the right place. For a 17-18 year old kid that has had to learn through trial and error, I respect the fact that he's survived and has put himself in a position to get a college education despite his mistakes.

he gets in fights with teammates a lot also..thats thugish

BaLLiN
03-23-2007, 09:01 PM
so he's like a Kevin faulk but worse and a Terrell Owens in a RB, I don't think many teams would draft that

bernbabybern820
03-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Justin Gwaltney was like that. Led Long Island in rushing but didn't play a down of college ball because of his brains. And for the record, he was supposed to be better then Slaton. That panned out well...you can visit him at NCC (Nassau Community College).

Thought it was Jason? i saw a game of him on msg and he was tearing it up like no other. so what is he doing now?

my cousin was at the same school as him but shes a nerd so she didnt know much about him :P

Purple N Proud
03-31-2007, 11:10 AM
Gwaltney at Nassau Community College that's funny. I guess I'm still bitter he rejected the Buckeyes. I still think Devine is a premier talent. At 5'8 or so there are certainly smaller backs who have succeeded. With a college training regiment and some actual discipline in his life (hopefully) he'll be able to put on some good weight while maintaining his explosiveness. I just hope he can turn it around.