PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Draft

Number 10
03-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Thought I'd make thread dedicated to the draft other than just our big boards.

Want to start it off with a thought regarding our LB situation.

This would be a risky move but after watching some tape on the likes of Blackburn and Wilkinson, I've come to the conclusion that neither of them would make a good SAM. Both have potential at WILL but I am starting to think we should go after a SAM in the draft. Most of the top tier LBs in this draft are better fit for the MLB and WLB spots, but not many fit the mold of what we need at SLB. I am considering a wildcard pick here that could bring in huge rewards or really set us back yet another year, but I am leaning towards taking this risk. The prospect.....3rd round Brian Robison from Texas.

He entered Texas as a LB and converted to DE where he was arguably the best defensive player in their front 7 the past 2 years. He is always all over the place making plays with his freakish athleticism and strength. It would be more of one year project pick in the sense that me likely could not play three downs at SAM until 2008 but at worst, he could be another situational pass rusher and top tier special teams player. He brings the fiesty, hunry attitiude we are looking to bring in and I can really see him doing well as a SAM.

ricky bobby
03-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Interesting to say the least. Wilkinson would probably make a better WLB i agree, but Blackburn is best fit at MLB. Blackburn has the instincts, but does not have the athleticism to cover a great TE. I think we should move Kiwanuka to SLB. He showed his athleticism as a rookie. Let him play in space, instead to being hogg tied by a big Offensive lineman. He could become a playmaker at SLB. Wilkinson could play WLB, but he's nothing special at this point. I think we should take Timmons in the 1st round (maybe trade down a bit). Timmons has the playmaking ability that teams look for in a WLB. I must say I am intruiged with Robison as a SLB, but I highly doubt he can come in and make the transistion from DE to SLB and start his rookie year.

GiantRutgersFan
03-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Robison would be a good 3rd or 4th round pick, no doubt. But we need a linebacker who can step in IMMEDIATELY, which he would not be able to do. I would still consider taking him in the mid rounds though

Timmons wouldnt be able to step right in either imo. That is why I think our pick is definitly going to be Paul Poz, and that would make me extremely happy.

Number 10
03-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Robison would be a good 3rd or 4th round pick, no doubt. But we need a linebacker who can step in IMMEDIATELY, which he would not be able to do. I would still consider taking him in the mid rounds though

Timmons wouldnt be able to step right in either imo. That is why I think our pick is definitly going to be Paul Poz, and that would make me extremely happy.

I wonder if we could go Poz in the 1st and Robison on the 3rd. Take BA DB in round 2 which could likely be Meriweather, Weddle, Ross (maybe), Wright, Wilson, McCauley.....

ricky bobby
03-09-2007, 01:12 PM

Poz played MLB in college didn't he? I think he'd have to make a transistion to OLB, which would take some time.

ricky bobby
03-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I wonder if we could go Poz in the 1st and Robison on the 3rd. Take BA DB in round 2 which could likely be Meriweather, Weddle, Ross (maybe), Wright, Wilson, McCauley.....

Two LBs in 3 rounds wouldn't make much sense. We do have Wilkinson, Torbor, Blackburn, and Kiwanuka. We should add one more 1st day rookie and let them all battle it out in training camp. It should be fun to see who emerges.

joepas171
03-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Two LBs in 3 rounds wouldn't make much sense. We do have Wilkinson, Torbor, Blackburn, and Kiwanuka. We should add one more 1st day rookie and let them all battle it out in training camp. It should be fun to see who emerges.

Agreed Ricky bobby....

Is there any chance Robison can last til the 4th round?

Brandon Short is still around right? He can be part of the mix too. I thought he played very well before his injury last year.

Number 10
03-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Poz played MLB in college didn't he? I think he'd have to make a transistion to OLB, which would take some time.

Poz played OLB his freshman, sophomore, and junior season. He played MLB in senior season, the transition would be seamless.

Number 10
03-09-2007, 01:35 PM

It would make tons of sense but it would be risky. We dropped our 3 top OLBs, we need more than Reggie Torbor competing for the SAM spot.

hugepunch
03-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Poz played MLB in college didn't he? I think he'd have to make a transistion to OLB, which would take some time.poz played the inside only for his sr campaign.

GiantRutgersFan
03-09-2007, 01:36 PM

he was a SAM in college, but played MIKE a few games as well in his senior year.

He should be a OLB in my opinion.

As for drafting Robison and Poz, I wouldnt be opposed.

Robison wouldnt start for at least a couple years. Wilkinson and Blackburn could split time if both impress. It would give us some depth which we need after the injurys the last 2 years. But I doubt both of them show enough to be a quality starter anyways.

Im not really impressed with Torbor enough to give him any kind of starting job either.

So I think its a solid idea, especially if it happens in the 4th for Robison

Damix
03-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I like Prescott Burgess in the middle rounds, kind of under achieved in college, but I have a feeling he could fit into our system well.

Damix
03-09-2007, 04:12 PM
I feel we will add a WR in the first 2 rounds now, I'm not a big fan of it, but Gilbride's past shows he uses a lot of spread looks.

scottyboy
03-09-2007, 07:42 PM
damix, i agree on burgess, i love his speed as an LB

Forenci
03-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Thought I'd make thread dedicated to the draft other than just our big boards.

Want to start it off with a thought regarding our LB situation.

This would be a risky move but after watching some tape on the likes of Blackburn and Wilkinson, I've come to the conclusion that neither of them would make a good SAM. Both have potential at WILL but I am starting to think we should go after a SAM in the draft. Most of the top tier LBs in this draft are better fit for the MLB and WLB spots, but not many fit the mold of what we need at SLB. I am considering a wildcard pick here that could bring in huge rewards or really set us back yet another year, but I am leaning towards taking this risk. The prospect.....3rd round Brian Robison from Texas.

He entered Texas as a LB and converted to DE where he was arguably the best defensive player in their front 7 the past 2 years. He is always all over the place making plays with his freakish athleticism and strength. It would be more of one year project pick in the sense that me likely could not play three downs at SAM until 2008 but at worst, he could be another situational pass rusher and top tier special teams player. He brings the fiesty, hunry attitiude we are looking to bring in and I can really see him doing well as a SAM.

Very, very interesting idea. I have to admitt, I too was quite impressed with this guy at the Combine. Was one of the guys who really showed up there. I'm not sure if I like the idea of a project when we need instant relief at the LB posistion. If we could get him in the fourth I wouldn't mind it, with say, Posluszny being taken in the first. Would allow us to take care of some other needs in the second and third. I can't say I would like two potential OLB in the first in third.

However, if we do decide to convert Kiwi to SAM linebacker (I'm not a huge fan of the idea, but I can live with it), then Robinson with the third rounder might work out. Him and Tuck could compete for the starting posistion at defensive end in a year or two when Strahan retires.

damix, i agree on burgess, i love his speed as an LB

I'd have to see what he'd run at his Pro Day. I know Combine 40's are inaccurate, but he ran in the 4.8's twice I believe. I loved to watch the guy, but I'm not sure he has a real passion for the game. Which I know me and many others do not like in a player. Correct me if I'm wrong though, just the feeling I got.

scottyboy
03-10-2007, 06:09 AM
true forenci, i dont knowmuch about how, but he played fairly well at michiganand i feel using a 2nd day pick on him wouldnt be too bad(depending how the rest of the draft went of course)

tEk
03-10-2007, 07:47 PM
so has anyone heard whats up with or LT position? are we draftingsomeone or sliding diehl or did we pick up someone in FA i missed? if we do draft i dont think anyone worth anything will be available at our pick in the 1st. tell me wats up bbd.

hugepunch
03-11-2007, 08:56 AM
I feel we will add a WR in the first 2 rounds now, I'm not a big fan of it, but Gilbride's past shows he uses a lot of spread looks.a wr in the 1st 2 rounds...:rolleyes:

ricky bobby
03-11-2007, 09:22 AM
a wr in the 1st 2 rounds...:rolleyes:

Get that idiotic smirk off your face. A WR is round 1 or 2 is very much possible, and i'm all for it. In case you haven't realized, we have only 3WRs. Two of the WRs are 30 or above, and the other one hasn't proved anything in his one year of NFL experience. I've been chirping this for months, but I guess you haven't been around all that long. We need a WR in round 1 or 2.

Reese isn't making predicting the draft any easier for us. He hasn't made any FA signing and predicting who he will take in the draft is a crap shoot. I'm going to list the Giant's many needs by tiers

Tier one:
- Outside Linebacker, WLB preferably
- Corner back - We didn't get any help in FA with Hood off the market
- Wide Reciever - Read above

Tier two:
- Tight End - Shank is gone (almost forgot)
- Running Back - Droughns is OK, but we need a speedster
- Offensive Guard - Not sure about Suebert at LG
- Defensive tackle - Need one more in the rotation, unless Ian Scott is signed

Tier three:
- Safety - Demps, Wilson, Butler and one more late round rookie
- Offensive Tackle - One more is needed for depth
- Kicker - Compete with Huston
- Full back - We were interested in Mughelli, which means Finn is on the hot seat. Maybe Droughns can be our FB?

If we hope to fill these needs, we would need to trade down in the draft and pick up as many picks as possible. Reese is looking to build a team with depth, youth, and speed. I don't agree with Number 10's idea of trading our 2nd and 3rd round picks to get an extra 1st round pick. Two players will not put us over the top. We are in a rebuilding mode (whether you want to admit it or not) and we need as many picks as possible to rebuild our roster.

hugepunch
03-11-2007, 09:51 AM
only 3 wrs? plax, toomer, moss, jennings, tyree. thats 5. lets just neglect our DFence which has holes at lb and db.

hugegmenfan
03-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Get that idiotic smirk off your face. A WR is round 1 or 2 is very much possible, and i'm all for it. In case you haven't realized, we have only 3WRs. Two of the WRs are 30 or above, and the other one hasn't proved anything in his one year of NFL experience. I've been chirping this for months, but I guess you haven't been around all that long. We need a WR in round 1 or 2.

Reese isn't making predicting the draft any easier for us. He hasn't made any FA signing and predicting who he will take in the draft is a crap shoot. I'm going to list the Giant's many needs by tiers

Tier one:
- Outside Linebacker, WLB preferably
- Corner back - We didn't get any help in FA with Hood off the market
- Wide Reciever - Read above

Tier two:
- Running Back - Droughns is OK, but we need a speedster
- Offensive Guard - Not sure about Suebert at LG
- Defensive tackle - Need one more in the rotation, unless Ian Scott is signed

Tier three:
- Safety - Demps, Wilson, Butler and one more late round rookie
- Offensive Tackle - One more is needed for depth
- Kicker - Compete with Huston
- Full back - We were interested in Mughelli, which means Finn is on the hot seat. Maybe Droughns can be our FB?

If we hope to fill these needs, we would need to trade down in the draft and pick up as many picks as possible. Reese is looking to build a team with depth, youth, and speed. I don't agree with Number 10's idea of trading our 2nd and 3rd round picks to get an extra 1st round pick. Two players will not put us over the top. We are in a rebuilding mode (whether you want to admit it or not) and we need as many picks as possible to rebuild our roster.

I agree with you that CB and OLB are in tier one but WR is not- thats tier 2- ya gotta say OG/OT is the 3rd among tier 1
WR/HB/DT is tier 2
I would say K, S, and backup TE/FB is 3rd tier
I am also against that Number 10- we need as many picks as possible and wit timmons dropping stock i think we should trade down like 5-6 spots, still get him and pick up an xtra 3rd rounder or something- or move up in the 2nd round liek last year

ricky bobby
03-11-2007, 11:03 AM
only 3 wrs? plax, toomer, moss, jennings, tyree. thats 5. lets just neglect our DFence which has holes at lb and db.
So tell me what happened last year when Toomer went down. We completely lost our passing game. Jennings, Tyree or Carter did not step up. Moss was injured, so i'll give him a pass this time. Tyree is a special teamer nothing more, Jennings will not make our roster next year, Carter is already gone. I'm not saying ignore our holes on defense. If you read the rest of the post, you'd see that I have WR, OLB, and CB at the same level of need.

hugepunch
03-11-2007, 11:05 AM
So tell me what happened last year when Toomer went down. We completely lost our passing game. Jennings, Tyree or Carter did not step up. Moss was injured, so i'll give him a pass this time. Tyree is a special teamer nothing more, Jennings will not make our roster next year, Carter is already gone. I'm not saying ignore our holes on defense. If you read the rest of the post, you'd see that I have WR, OLB, and CB at the same level of need.
lets draft a wr just because 2 of them were hurt last year thats just stupid. if a good wr falls in the second round id be fine with it. be realistic we have shockey plax toomer and moss. we dont need a wr in the first 2 rounds. we have too many other holes.

BigBlue58KiperIII
03-11-2007, 11:17 AM
We shouldnt depend on Toomer fellas, who knows how he is going to come back from an ACL injury and he is getting up there in age to begin with. Tyree has a good rapport with Eli and i think he is a decent 4th WR. However i have said for a while that i think we need a WR on Day 1 if a good enough one falls to us. For me the top 3 positions we need to fill in the draft on the first day, barring any great players dropping are LB, CB, and WR in that order but we will see come draft day. However there is a cahnce one of the very good WR drop to us in the 2nd in which case we should take one, there are alot of good ones out there this year that can be solid #2-1A recievers in this league

hugepunch
03-11-2007, 11:20 AM
We shouldnt depend on Toomer fellas, who knows how he is going to come back from an ACL injury and he is getting up there in age to begin with. Tyree has a good rapport with Eli and i think he is a decent 4th WR. However i have said for a while that i think we need a WR on Day 1 if a good enough one falls to us. For me the top 3 positions we need to fill in the draft on the first day, barring any great players dropping are LB, CB, and WR in that order but we will see come draft day. However there is a cahnce one of the very good WR drop to us in the 2nd in which case we should take one, there are alot of good ones out there this year that can be solid #2-1A recievers in this league
i disagree i think we need o-line depth b4 we take a wr or eli isnt going to have enough time to throw to anyone.

ricky bobby
03-11-2007, 11:22 AM
lets draft a wr just because 2 of them were hurt last year thats just stupid. if a good wr falls in the second round id be fine with it. be realistic we have shockey plax toomer and moss. we dont need a wr in the first 2 rounds. we have too many other holes.

I know you're like 13 years old, so i'm going to make this simple for you.

Plaxico Burress - Solid #1, but already 30 years old. Doesn't always run great routes, not overly reliable.

Amani Toomer - 33 years old and coming off a bad injury. We can't count on him anymore. If he gets injured agian and we don't have a solid backup, we will lose our passing game completely because teams will double Burress, Shockey.

Sinorice Moss - Injured his rookie season, but i'm sure he'll step up and be a great slot WR. Not #2 material quite yet.

David Tyree - Couldn't step up as our #2 last year, there is no reason we should think he'll miraculously do it this year. Specail teamer, nothing more.

Jennings - Saw absolutely no time last year, he's 28 years old, hasn't done anything in his entire career. He's not making our final roster.

I'm sure even you can follow that simple logic. We need a reliable WR that can do the little things and go over the middle. I propose
1. Meachem 1st
2. Bowe - trade down in first
3. Jarrett - trade down in first
4. Gonzalez - 2nd
5. Craig Davis - 2nd
6. Laurent Robinson - 3rd
7. Steve Smith - 3rd
8. Mike Walker - 4rth

hugepunch
03-11-2007, 11:28 AM
I know you're like 13 years old, so i'm going to make this simple for you.

Plaxico Burress - Solid #1, but already 30 years old. Doesn't always run great routes, not overly reliable.

Amani Toomer - 33 years old and coming off a bad injury. We can't count on him anymore. If he gets injured agian and we don't have a solid backup, we will lose our passing game completely because teams will double Burress, Shockey.

Sinorice Moss - Injured his rookie season, but i'm sure he'll step up and be a great slot WR. Not #2 material quite yet.

David Tyree - Couldn't step up as our #2 last year, there is no reason we should think he'll miraculously do it this year. Specail teamer, nothing more.

Jennings - Saw absolutely no time last year, he's 28 years old, hasn't done anything in his entire career. He's not making our final roster.

I'm sure even you can follow that simple logic. We need a reliable WR that can do the little things and go over the middle. I propose
1. Meachem 1st
2. Bowe - trade down in first
3. Jarrett - trade down in first
4. Gonzalez - 2nd
5. Craig Davis - 2nd
6. Laurent Robinson - 3rd
7. Steve Smith - 3rd
8. Mike Walker - 4rth
actually im 24 and i played 4 years at the university of notre dame. we are not drafting a wr in the first round get that through your head. not unless cal johnson drops and pigs fly.

Slasher28
03-11-2007, 11:34 AM
I like Steve Smith in the third, he's a possession WR with some speed

GiantRutgersFan
03-11-2007, 12:00 PM
I Imagine that we are gonna draft a WR in round 2 if we don't sign someone. I would imagine that one of the elite WRs (Meachem, Jarrett, Bowe, Gonzalez, Ginn Jr., Hill, or Rice) is gonna fall down to our pick in the second round. Theres about 9 first round quality WRs in this draft, so they are gonna fall a bit.

You can tell that management thinks WR is a big need. One of the only guys who has interviewed with us is Kevin Curtis, a pretty big name/good WR.

Forenci
03-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Wide Receiver is NOT an option in the first round. I wouldn't consider it an option in the second either, but I can live with it. I mean, think about it, what cost us so many games last year? It was poor defense and lapses in our offensive line which led to pressure on Eli. Sure Tim Carter cost us a game or two, but I don't need to remind you that he is gone. I'd much rather wait until the 6th or 7th round and pick up Steve Breaston of Michigan. I think he was extremely underated at Michigan and will help on special teams.

If Gilbride is even somewhat intelligent he will put Shockey in the slot if we need a good extra wide out. Our defense should at the very least consume the first two picks, and my hope is in the third we'll grab an offensive linemen. Hopefully at Tackle.

grizmoandchodey
03-11-2007, 08:45 PM
We don't need breaston for michigan because that's what mos takes care of. Speed wide out and a special teamer. Also we need to adress two major needs for our team. First if Levi Brown did drop to the #20 which is very very unlikely it would be absolutely insane not to take him after our left tackle luke petigout is in tampa. Next poz or timmons would have to be our second option in the first round. Lavaar is gone and now we need that dominant olb and poz will defintiely be available. I would love to see us get a great left tackle in this draft or eli will not get a lot of passes off and that will just fuse up everyone. So left tackle is clearly our by far biggest need but poz looks like he will be on our team next year

ricky bobby
03-12-2007, 01:07 PM
actually im 24 and i played 4 years at the university of notre dame. we are not drafting a wr in the first round get that through your head. not unless cal johnson drops and pigs fly.

Did you read my post? You must be extremely ignorant not to see that WR is a need.

hugepunch
03-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Did you read my post? You must be extremely ignorant not to see that WR is a need.

i read you post, i think your the ignorant one claiming wr, olb and cb are at the same level of need.

actually im 24 and i played 4 years at the university of notre dame. we are not drafting a wr in the first round get that through your head. not unless cal johnson drops and pigs fly.read my post next time.

hugegmenfan
03-12-2007, 01:52 PM

i agree WR is a need- not a 1st round need, its more of a 4th-5th round pick need imo. IF we trade down in the 1st which i hope we do and are still able to pick up like timmons 1st and gain 1 more 1st day pick i would do it but the fact of the matter is WR does not supercede OLB, CB, OT/G- these are more important positions that we need to get more depth at and just simply better at.

grizmoandchodey
03-12-2007, 02:35 PM
for wide receiver we can look like for a 3rd or fourth round pick, and same for corner. I like josh wilson for us in the later rounds though. He is a major runstopper and has very good speed. He would fit our need at the corner

scottyboy
03-12-2007, 02:40 PM
ANTHONY MIX!!!! give him a shot, who know what could happen. WR shouldnt be drafted in the 1st 2 rounds. CB is our biggest neesd, with LB following. now say we sign june, MAYBE we pick up a WR who slips possbily a guy like bowe, rice, meachem etc. wr like smith in round 3 would be ok.

hugepunch
03-12-2007, 03:01 PM
ANTHONY MIX!!!! give him a shot, who know what could happen. WR shouldnt be drafted in the 1st 2 rounds. CB is our biggest neesd, with LB following. now say we sign june, MAYBE we pick up a WR who slips possbily a guy like bowe, rice, meachem etc. wr like smith in round 3 would be ok.agreed, i think if we sign june and those guys fall to us in the 2nd we should draft them perhaps. only if there isnt any defensive talent with equal value. like merriweather.

ricky bobby
03-13-2007, 03:34 PM
LMFAO!!

You're 24 and went to Notre Dame for four years? Are you kidding me. Notre Dame has very high academic standards, and you've proven that you have a room temperature IQ. You are dumber than a rock. Your grammer and punctuation are horrible, and you can't put up an argument if your life depended on it. I gave my reasons for why we should look into taking a WR on day one. All you can do is post that rubbish above? I've had better debates with my 10 year old cousin. Do us all a favor and become a Cowboys fan.

hugepunch
03-13-2007, 04:00 PM
LMFAO!!

You're 24 and went to Notre Dame for four years? Are you kidding me. Notre Dame has very high academic standards, and you've proven that you have a room temperature IQ. You are dumber than a rock. Your grammer and punctuation are horrible, and you can't put up an argument if your life depended on it. I gave my reasons for why we should look into taking a WR on day one. All you can do is post that rubbish above? I've had better debates with my 10 year old cousin. Do us all a favor and become a Cowboys fan..................

Go_Eli
03-13-2007, 04:30 PM
WR in the first round? Nope.

Day one? Wouldn't be surprised.

hugepunch
03-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Get that idiotic smirk off your face. A WR is round 1 or 2 is very much possible, and i'm all for it.your seriously an idiot this is what you said. not day 1.

grizmoandchodey
03-13-2007, 04:58 PM
we don't need a wide receiver in the first round!!!! at the start of draft season yes, that was our main choice at wide receiver but aarington and petigout are not on the giants anymore. We can't mess up in this draft or it will be long seasons to come, and wide receiver will be a main screw up if we choose one in the first round. I know Amani is old but he's not useless. he can still make a play and it's not until next year that we draft a WR in the first round. I think that for the first we would definitely have to get Levi Brown if he falls on our lap or Poz or Timmons. I would rather have a franchise left tackle than a mediocre wideout. Plus the 3 major wide receivers will probably not be around by the 20th pick. C. Johnson, D. Jarrett or T. Ginn Jr. I wouldn't put faith in Bowe or Rice at the 20th but we could trade down but still, defensive threat or left tackle. So Ricky Bobby, would you rather take a Dwayne Bowe or a Levi Brown?

Go_Eli
03-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Let's be honest...if Calvin Johnson fell to the Giants, which is impossible, everyone would want him. Only WR I think I'd take in the first.

grizmoandchodey
03-13-2007, 05:09 PM
definitely but that will never happen i dont even think that we would take jarrett or ginn if they fell to the 20.

ricky bobby
03-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Get that idiotic smirk off your face. A WR is round 1 or 2 is very much possible and i'm all for it.
Key word there is possible. If you look at my latest mock draft, you will see that I in fact have us taking a WR in round 4. If this class was weaker, i'd have us taking a WR in round 1 or 2.

we don't need a wide receiver in the first round!!!! at the start of draft season yes, that was our main choice at wide receiver but aarington and petigout are not on the giants anymore. We can't mess up in this draft or it will be long seasons to come, and wide receiver will be a main screw up if we choose one in the first round. I know Amani is old but he's not useless. he can still make a play and it's not until next year that we draft a WR in the first round. I think that for the first we would definitely have to get Levi Brown if he falls on our lap or Poz or Timmons. I would rather have a franchise left tackle than a mediocre wideout. Plus the 3 major wide receivers will probably not be around by the 20th pick. C. Johnson, D. Jarrett or T. Ginn Jr. I wouldn't put faith in Bowe or Rice at the 20th but we could trade down but still, defensive threat or left tackle. So Ricky Bobby, would you rather take a Dwayne Bowe or a Levi Brown?
If I had to choose Dwayne Bowe or Levi Brown, I'd take Bowe in a second. One guy you forgot to mention is Robert Meachem. He is the second best WR in this draft IMO, and if he falls to us, i'd take him.

hugepunch
03-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Key word there is possible. If you look at my latest mock draft, you will see that I in fact have us taking a WR in round 4. If this class was weaker, i'd have us taking a WR in round 1 or 2.

If I had to choose Dwayne Bowe or Levi Brown, I'd take Bowe in a second. One guy you forgot to mention is Robert Meachem. He is the second best WR in this draft IMO, and if he falls to us, i'd take him.

excuse me while i go laugh myself to death. good thing your not our gm.

ricky bobby
03-13-2007, 05:45 PM
you know sometihng your right i am a dumbass

Well we all agree then. Now that we've established that, allow me to help you with your grammer and punctuation. Here are some tidbits.

1. When begining a sentence, remember to capitalize the first letter of the first word.

2. The letter "i" should always be capitalized when used as a pro noun.

3. End your sentences with punctuation such as an period or question mark.

4. Re-read your posts and look for spelling errors before posting.

Why does a community college student have to teach grammer to a Notre Dame graduate?

ricky bobby
03-13-2007, 05:46 PM
excuse me while i go laugh myself to death. good thing your not our gm.

Feel free to do so at any time.

grizmoandchodey
03-13-2007, 05:55 PM
check your grammar because you only use an when a word begins with a vowel and in grammar rule #3 you have an period. Plus, why would you take a franchise left tackle over an alright not amazing wide out. We do need a wide receiver but we need the major talent on the O-line and linbacer. We can deal with this season having an alright wide receiver core. Again we need to draft a WR in the first round next year, because this year there are way more important needs

hugepunch
03-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Well we all agree then. Now that we've established that, allow me to help you with your grammer and punctuation. Here are some tidbits.

1. When begining a sentence, remember to capitalize the first letter of the first word.

2. The letter "i" should always be capitalized when used as a pro noun.

3. End your sentences with punctuation such as an period or question mark.

4. Re-read your posts and look for spelling errors before posting.

Why does a community college student have to teach grammer to a Notre Dame graduate?
omg man you seriously are a riot. this is the internet lol...im not doing all of that. what does spelling and punctuation have to do with anything. go point out something i spelled wrong and i will correct it for you. besides spelling has little to do with being intelligent and i dont know what this has to do with anything other then you changing the subject. you rather take bowe over levi brown. you rather not solidify our o-line. you rather take a player that will not make an impact. i dont understand your logic.

ricky bobby
03-13-2007, 06:45 PM
WR, OLB, and CB are all at the same level of need IMO. Whether we take a WR in round one all depends on who is available when we pick. My realistic big board for pick number 20.

1. Leon Hall - The only CB that can start for us next year.
2. Chris Houston
3. Lawrence Timmons
4. Robert Meachem
5. Darrelle Revis
6. Dwayne Bowe
7. Ben Grubbs

The point I tried to make was that a WR in round 1 is not out of the picture. It all depends on how the draft unfolds. I actually have us taking a WR in round four in my recent mock draft.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2110

BigBlue58KiperIII
03-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Was there seriously an argument about grammar and punctuation on this discussion board. i believe we are talking about football here fellas relax

hugepunch
03-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Was there seriously an argument about grammar and punctuation on this discussion board. i believe we are talking about football here fellas relax

seriously.

Forenci
03-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm going to throw this out here, because we're sort of in the "wide receiver phase". What would you guys think of taking Matt Trannon in the 7th round? I've seen him play, he's extremely underated, and is the new age basketball/football wide receiver who really attacks the football. What intrigues me about this guy is if he put on some pounds, he could even be a good second string Tight End with Shiancoe gone.

I mean, really, the fellow is 6'6 and ran a 4.58, which isn't the worst 40 I've seen for a wide receiver. Having another huge target for Eli would be nice if we run four wide receiver sets. Burress, Toomer, Moss and Trannon would be a nice combination if you ask me. He can catch better than Tim Carter at the very least..

It's just a thought, would solve perhaps our tight end and wide receiver problem.

GiantRutgersFan
03-14-2007, 12:16 AM
I dont think anyone would really mind who we draft in the 7th round.

I dont know much about Trannon but I think if he has those measurable its worthy of a 7th rounder

joepas171
03-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Sounds like he is definately worth a late round flyer...
I could see us getting a WR in the first too although i'd much prefer an impact defensive guy. There might be a top flight WR at 20 that might be too good to pass up. I wouldnt be crushed if we got any of the top 5 Wrs out there. My choice would be Jarrett or Bowe, especially if we somehow traded down a few spots.

hugepunch
03-14-2007, 07:56 AM
I'm going to throw this out here, because we're sort of in the "wide receiver phase". What would you guys think of taking Matt Trannon in the 7th round? I've seen him play, he's extremely underated, and is the new age basketball/football wide receiver who really attacks the football. What intrigues me about this guy is if he put on some pounds, he could even be a good second string Tight End with Shiancoe gone.

I mean, really, the fellow is 6'6 and ran a 4.58, which isn't the worst 40 I've seen for a wide receiver. Having another huge target for Eli would be nice if we run four wide receiver sets. Burress, Toomer, Moss and Trannon would be a nice combination if you ask me. He can catch better than Tim Carter at the very least..

It's just a thought, would solve perhaps our tight end and wide receiver problem.
sounds like a good prospect at 6'6 running a 4.58. can he catch?

BigBlue58KiperIII
03-14-2007, 09:20 AM
He played basketball at Michigan State so he can obviously jump, is athletic, and can snatch the ball out of the air. He never became the tyof offensive weaapon everyone thought he would be early in his college career. he is sort of an Anthony Mix type to compare it so someone on our roster, maybe a little more speed and fluidity than Mix, definitely worth a look in the final round or as an UDFA

hugepunch
03-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Giants | R. Bartel has workout with team
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:50:35 -0800

KFFL has learned Tarleton State QB Richard Bartel had a private workout with the New York Giants Wednesday, March 14.

ricky bobby
03-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Giants | R. Bartel has workout with team
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:50:35 -0800

KFFL has learned Tarleton State QB Richard Bartel had a private workout with the New York Giants Wednesday, March 14.

Somebody else posted that we had Dwayne Jarrett come in for a private workout. Where can we find a list of all the players that the Giants have worked out?

bigbluedefense
03-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Name some sleeper trench player picks. Im curious to see who people have pencilled in as their respective sleepers in the trenches.

GiantRutgersFan
03-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Name some sleeper trench player picks. Im curious to see who people have pencilled in as their respective sleepers in the trenches.

Doug Free, James Marten, Mike Jones, Kyle Young

grizmoandchodey
03-14-2007, 02:22 PM

Sounds good to me because eli always completes more of his passes to taller receivers, wll at least to me. WE could put shockey in a slot position and this guy could serve as a down tightend. He would work in our offense

ricky bobby
03-14-2007, 02:43 PM
LaRon Harris – NT – 6’3” 345 – Northwestern Oklahoma State
Workout numbers: 1.7 10 yard shuttle, 33 reps, 33.5 vert
I haven’t seen him play, but he is very intriguing because of his size. He had a great workout and should be a late round pick. He actually ended his workout (non-combine) with a backflip. He must have great lower body strength to do a backflip at 345 pounds. He was a division 1-A recruit but became lazy and left Tennessee.

Forenci
03-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Clifton Ryan, DT, Michigan State. Another guy I noticed and liked while watching some Michigan State games. He's quite big at 310 pounds, although not overly tall at about 6'3. I think he could make a great late round pick, perhaps even a UDFA guy for us. Has the big body we need, although only benched 25 reps at the combine, which isn't great, but there was worse.

hugegmenfan
03-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Doug Free, James Marten, Mike Jones, Kyle Young

id hardly call doug free a sleeper pick- hes listed as probably the 4th best OT

GiantRutgersFan
03-14-2007, 05:37 PM
id hardly call doug free a sleeper pick- hes listed as probably the 4th best OT

yea but I think he is gonna be significantly better then that. I think him, Joe Thomas, and Joe Staley are going to be good LTs in this draft. Levi Brown probably be a solid right tackle.

ricky bobby
03-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Would you guys take Leon Hall if he fell to #20? I think he is the only CB that can come in and start for us next year. He showed off his athleticism at the combine and is considered the top CB. Hall and Webster would be a nice young CB combo.

Forenci
03-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Would you guys take Leon Hall if he fell to #20? I think he is the only CB that can come in and start for us next year. He showed off his athleticism at the combine and is considered the top CB. Hall and Webster would be a nice young CB combo.

Definently. If he fell to number 20, I would grab him in an instant. Like you said, he might be the only Cornerback in the draft who can start as a rookie and be effective. Chris Houston might also fit that catergory, but I'm not certain yet.

Hall and Webster would probably make a good young tandem, since I think Webster may not be the bust many people think he is with a new defensive coordinator to work with.

I think with Webster in earlier in the year, we had a much better defense, seemed to begin to slump off when he got injured.

Slasher28
03-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Definently. If he fell to number 20, I would grab him in an instant. Like you said, he might be the only Cornerback in the draft who can start as a rookie and be effective. Chris Houston might also fit that catergory, but I'm not certain yet.

Hall and Webster would probably make a good young tandem, since I think Webster may not be the bust many people think he is with a new defensive coordinator to work with.

I think with Webster in earlier in the year, we had a much better defense, seemed to begin to slump off when he got injured.

He got picked on by grossman and at least half of the other quarterbacks, He needs to stop going for a big play and make the tackle, but he is much better than Walker

GiantRutgersFan
03-14-2007, 06:32 PM

Yea. He's the only CB I would take at #20 in this draft.

scottyboy
03-14-2007, 06:55 PM
a sleeper in the trenches is ramel meekins from rutgers. yea, homerism right here, but has such a high motor. think of him the oppostie of joseph, quick(for a DT), smart, high energy, but a little under-sized.

Damix
03-14-2007, 07:45 PM
We need to pick up atleast one guard and one tackle, I expect one to done in the rest of FA and one to be done in the draft.

grizmoandchodey
03-14-2007, 08:34 PM

Definitely. he had the best combine workout out of any corners and showed up everyone. He has the great run stop ability but does get hurt on the long routes in turn and run situations. I don't like Webster as a starter next year because he makes way too many mistakes. surprisingly, i like R.W McQuarters and Hall if we pick him up at the #20 because R.W brings spunk to this team and on the field he fires them up. He is a big time playmaker. But i would definitely take Leon Hall at the #20 but very unlikely because the bills will take him before we do

Damix
03-14-2007, 08:57 PM
We pick a corner in the first round and our starters are probably Madison and Webster going into the year again, McQ as the nickel back and Dockery, Underwood and Draft pick vieing for playing time

hugegmenfan
03-14-2007, 10:02 PM
leon hall would b ready to start for us day 1 i think- the rest may b not

grizmoandchodey
03-15-2007, 02:16 PM
we need to get a solid corner in rounds 1 or 2 that will start for us some time in our season, and will fit our system. There's to much of switching between McQuarters and Webster nd Madison won't be around much longer

Curse of Tiki
03-15-2007, 04:29 PM
scott has us taking levi brown in the first round.

i wouldn't be happy taking an OT in teh first round to tell you guys the truth.

this team has a lot of holes.

hugepunch
03-15-2007, 04:42 PM
scott has us taking levi brown in the first round.

i wouldn't be happy taking an OT in teh first round to tell you guys the truth.

this team has a lot of holes.

if levi falls to us i think we have to take the guy hes a beast. not very exciting to watch a left tackle play. but its probably the most important position on the team.

BigBlue58KiperIII
03-15-2007, 05:08 PM
It really depends on how management feels about Diehl playing this year and what the plans are for Guy Whimper. Having said that, if Brown is there I think we might have to take him even though I'd rather see us grab Poz or Willis. Even though Leon Hall is very highly rated and ran very well at the Combine, I dont really like him as a pro prospect he got owned by Ginn which is understandable to get burnt by him, but Jarrett domminated him too. I dont think he is a #1 corner and i'd rather take care of our LB needs first.

ricky bobby
03-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I must say i'm not a big fan of Levi Brown, but he would fit the new power running style of offense we are seemingly building. I'd rather go CB, OLB, or WR in round one. If we did go Offensive line, i'd trade down a bit and take Ben Grubbs.

Forenci
03-15-2007, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't mind if we got Levi Brown, unless Whimper is beginning to shape up like some of the coaching staff say he is.

However, I am beginning to like the idea of taking Chris Houston in the first. He was very impressive at the combine, perhaps showing up better than Leon Hall. He's a speedster at corner, which I think we need, and I do believe he might be the only cornerback other than Leon Hall who can start for us in his rookie year.

hugegmenfan
03-15-2007, 07:33 PM
I wouldn't mind if we got Levi Brown, unless Whimper is beginning to shape up like some of the coaching staff say he is.

However, I am beginning to like the idea of taking Chris Houston in the first. He was very impressive at the combine, perhaps showing up better than Leon Hall. He's a speedster at corner, which I think we need, and I do believe he might be the only cornerback other than Leon Hall who can start for us in his rookie year.

im a big believer in the that what u do in college is all that matters- i dont care if somehow ran faster or benched more @ the combine, it is what they can do on the field. Houston was considered a 2nd rounder b4 the combine and no is a top 15-20 pick in most drafts. i just dont want us reaching for a guy who is not as big a producer as every 1 thinks. I'm still in favor of OLB and CB like josh wilson in rd 2

Forenci
03-15-2007, 07:48 PM
im a big believer in the that what u do in college is all that matters- i dont care if somehow ran faster or benched more @ the combine, it is what they can do on the field. Houston was considered a 2nd rounder b4 the combine and no is a top 15-20 pick in most drafts. i just dont want us reaching for a guy who is not as big a producer as every 1 thinks. I'm still in favor of OLB and CB like josh wilson in rd 2

I agree with you on what you do in college matters, and I think he may have been a first rounder before the Combine too. He literally shut down some of the best wide receivers in college including Jarret, Bowe and Meachem. Leon Hall, the best cornerbacker prospect couldn't handle Jarret while Houston dominated him the entire game just about.

Sometimes having a great combine just allows for people who overlooked you to really see who you were during college. A work out warrior who has nothing but terrible game tape isn't going to go much higher.

grizmoandchodey
03-16-2007, 08:46 AM
i would take Levi Brown if he came to us in a second. that is the most important part of the offense as left tackle. every teram needs a franchise left tackle. What i like about LB is that he never stops moving his feet when he blocks and he will be a great lineman now with our power rushers jacobs and droughns. Unless as we said before if other lineman shape up to be our franchise left tackle.

Also, I would take Houston if Leon Hall went to the Bills or something, but again if Poz is available i think we will take him. As Houston has shut down guys like Jarrett Bowe and Meachem and through the years the Giants haven't stopped these amazing wide outs. Such as a guy like Steve Smith. He just blows past the Giants secondary everygame we play the Panthers. He's too fast and tooo quick. Houston has lightning quick speed and can keep with these guys and will have an impact on us if we draft him.

The person i like the most at the #20 is Paul Posluszny though. We need an OLb desperately and i think LB will be taken and we can pick up a Josh Wilson corner in the second or the third. Poz is that defensive threat that teams fear of and can make big plays no matter in what situation he's. Especially around the goal line. I would take anyone of these guys at our pick but i think LB will be gone and we could pick up a corner in the 2 or 3 round.

scottyboy
03-16-2007, 09:06 AM
hmmm griz, you want poz? i never would have guessed :) lol

but i agree, i would be fine with houston and would also like poz. no way brown slips to the 2nd, but fine by me if we dont take him. CB and LB are just to big of needs right now

Forenci
03-16-2007, 01:29 PM
The more I think about it, the more I start to like the idea of us getting Levi Brown. I think he'd fit in with our style of play. The only thing I'm interested in, did he really have any injury problems through out his entire career? I mean, high school or college. If not, we could use a guy who doesn't leave us hanging at the most important posistion at left tackle every year. *cough* Luke.

hugegmenfan
03-16-2007, 03:30 PM
The more I think about it, the more I start to like the idea of us getting Levi Brown. I think he'd fit in with our style of play. The only thing I'm interested in, did he really have any injury problems through out his entire career? I mean, high school or college. If not, we could use a guy who doesn't leave us hanging at the most important posistion at left tackle every year. *cough* Luke.

ya if he has had a career free of injuries we should strongly consider him because these days its vitally important to have young, strong guys on the oline- look @ how mangold and dbrick helped the jets this year. But any proneness to injury would turn me off- we have way too many injuries to afford to take another1

grizmoandchodey
03-16-2007, 07:59 PM
definitely but is there anyway to find out if he had any major injuries through his carreer because in college, nvm. on his player description scott wright has this... Quietly had arthroscopic surgery on his knee as a senior and missed some action... i still like him at our spot though because it doesn't seem it affected his game or lead him to more injuries

Number 10
03-18-2007, 11:00 PM
There are some quiet, low key rumors flying around that the Giants are looking for WR in round one.

If you had to choose one, who would it be?

Meachem is personally growing on me, the kid has all of the tools in the world, second to only CJ and his intangibles/attitude are as strong as you want. I am no advocating taking a WR in round 1 but if we do, he would certainly be my guy and I couldn't help but be happy with him in a Giants uniform.

ricky bobby
03-19-2007, 12:43 PM
There are some quiet, low key rumors flying around that the Giants are looking for WR in round one.

Meachem is personally growing on me, the kid has all of the tools in the world, second to only CJ and his intangibles/attitude are as strong as you want. I am no advocating taking a WR in round 1 but if we do, he would certainly be my guy and I couldn't help but be happy with him in a Giants uniform.

WR is a bigger need than most people think. I actually have CB as my number 1 need followed closely by OLB and WR. I think we can go any one of those positions in round 1 and I wouldn't be dissapointed. Although Meachem or Bowe in round 1 are enchanting, i'd rather wait a round or two and pick up a sleeper. This draft is top heavy at both CB and OLB, while the WR is extremely deep. I think that Leon Hall should be at the top of our Big Board. There are a couple of small school sleepers that are late 1st day, early second day picks that can make a difference for us at WR; Laurent Robinson and Mike Walker.

bigbluedefense
03-19-2007, 04:05 PM

I like Anthony Gonzalez alot. It may be a reach in round 1 though.

Forenci
03-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Eh, I guess I wouldn't cry myself to sleep that night if we picked a wide out in the first. I'm definently not a fan of it though. Like Ricky Bobby mentioned, there are plently of potential sleeper picks later in the draft that could fill that need for wide receiver. If Toomer stays healthy, which I think he should, then we could always raise that sleeper pick to be a great slot receiver.

I really like Brandon Myles after the nice Senior Bowl he had. He was deadly in the red zone drills, which could be what we need. I could imagine having Plax on one side, Sinorice on the other with Myles in the slot for the future. You've got the possesion reciver, the speedster receiver and the balanced receiver.

Slasher28
03-20-2007, 04:44 PM
WR classes

Long ball threat (ours is Burress)
Possesion WR (Toomer and if we draft him, Steve Smith)
Speedster (Moss)
Power WR(doesn't get knocked over easily, ours is Burress but Anquan Bolden is the perfect example)

ricky bobby
03-20-2007, 06:32 PM
WR classes

Long ball threat (ours is Burress)
Possesion WR (Toomer and if we draft him, Steve Smith)
Speedster (Moss)
Power WR(doesn't get knocked over easily, ours is Burress but Anquan Bolden is the perfect example)

Burress - 30 years old. Not a reliable route runner.
Toomer - 33 years old. Coming off a knee injury. We can't count on him at this point.
Moss - 24 years old. Injured last year and unproven.
Tyree - Specail teamer, nothing more
Jennings - 28 years old, has proven nothing, will be cut

We need at least two new WRs on our roster next year. Our WRs go only three deep, and Damix has pointed out that Gilbride likes to use spread offenses. I expect us to draft one on day 1 and then let Mix and a couple more UDFA fight it out for the fifth spot.

Slasher28
03-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Burress - 30 years old. Not a reliable route runner.
Toomer - 33 years old. Coming off a knee injury. We can't count on him at this point.
Moss - 24 years old. Injured last year and unproven.
Tyree - Specail teamer, nothing more
Jennings - 28 years old, has proven nothing, will be cut

We need at least two new WRs on our roster next year. Our WRs go only three deep, and Damix has pointed out that Gilbride likes to use spread offenses. I expect us to draft one on day 1 and then let Mix and a couple more UDFA fight it out for the fifth spot.

agree on this for the most part, but a WR in Day 1 wouldn't be a good decision, we have too many other needs, the only way I'd do that is if Sidney Rice falls to us in the second round

Giants Pride
03-20-2007, 08:18 PM

I agree with Meachem. I love his measureables and he has production to back them up as well. Plus he is a guy who didnt have an all world supporting cast so you know that teams (esp SEC) were keying on him and he still produced. If we traded back and added another 1st day pick I would like Meachem a lot.

Unless we pick a defensive impact player (read Poz, Nelson, Houston, Willis) at 20 I would trade down.

How do you guys feel about Aaron Sears in round 2? Versatile guy who could provide depth and compete with Seubert for the LG spot. It seems we are going to a power offense so a monster LG would be a nice addition.

hugegmenfan
03-20-2007, 09:00 PM
I agree with Meachem. I love his measureables and he has production to back them up as well. Plus he is a guy who didnt have an all world supporting cast so you know that teams (esp SEC) were keying on him and he still produced. If we traded back and added another 1st day pick I would like Meachem a lot.

Unless we pick a defensive impact player (read Poz, Nelson, Houston, Willis) at 20 I would trade down.

How do you guys feel about Aaron Sears in round 2? Versatile guy who could provide depth and compete with Seubert for the LG spot. It seems we are going to a power offense so a monster LG would be a nice addition.

Sears is a good player. Im strongly in favor of going after a big guard or a tackle early on. I would love Levi Brown 1st round personally because if ur team has a great young foundation on the oline ur set for a while. But yes a guard round 2 if we pick defense round 1 would b fine

culloden1745
03-24-2007, 11:37 AM
qb....Princeton Shepherd...Hampton
rb....Terry Caulley...Conn.
wr.....David Ball...N. Hampshire
te...Rodney Hannah...Houston
g/t Aaron Brant....Iowa st.
c....Lyle Sendlien...Tex.
de....we have enuff
dt....Ben Siegert...Oregon st.
lb...Kamichael Hall...Ga. tech
s...Melvin Bullitt..Texas a+m
cb..Jon Wade....Tenn.
Not projecting anything but guys who are good 6-7 rds /ofa players who could make the team and contribute.

bigbluedefense
03-24-2007, 02:52 PM
qb....Princeton Shepherd...Hampton
rb....Terry Caulley...Conn.
wr.....David Ball...N. Hampshire
te...Rodney Hannah...Houston
g/t Aaron Brant....Iowa st.
c....Lyle Sendlien...Tex.
de....we have enuff
dt....Ben Siegert...Oregon st.
lb...Kamichael Hall...Ga. tech
s...Melvin Bullitt..Texas a+m
cb..Jon Wade....Tenn.
Not projecting anything but guys who are good 6-7 rds /ofa players who could make the team and contribute.

Im real big on Mike Walker as a day 2 WR.

Other day 2 names I like:

Marvin White (S)
Garrett Wolfe (WR/RB hybrid)

Those 3 names I think will be day 2 steals, I have more but I would put them in a category one notch below those 3. I think those 3 should be good players in the NFL even though theyre projected as day 2 picks. The rest of my day 2 list is more of a roll the dice type of deal.

Number 10
03-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Check out my WR preview.

http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/2007/03/24/2007-draft-preview-wide-receivers/#more-963

ricky bobby
03-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Check out my WR preview.

http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/2007/03/24/2007-draft-preview-wide-receivers/#more-963

I think you forgot Steve Smith.

LTgiants
03-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Check out my WR preview.

your craig davis nfl comparison is not correct all he is not a jericho cotchery at all i would say some one like javon walker or a torry holt(though not as fast) would be more correct

and he never hesitates while going over the middle so i have no idea where you even got that from

Number 10
03-24-2007, 10:05 PM
your craig davis nfl comparison is not correct all he is not a jericho cotchery at all i would say some one like javon walker or a torry holt(though not as fast) would be more correct

and he never hesitates while going over the middle so i have no idea where you even got that from

I have tapes on Davis and 3 seperate games I saw him with alligator arms over the middle. Three different times.

Number 10
03-24-2007, 10:06 PM
I think you forgot Steve Smith.

I haven't liked Smith the way you did but I would say there are guys that could be interchangable between 8-13.

Damix
03-25-2007, 01:10 PM
If we draft Levi Brown with the 20th pick, what do you think this means for Whimper? Do we start Brown at LT this year, and then if Whimper is ready to be a LT next year, he goes there, McKenzie gets cut and Brown goes to RT, where it has been said he might be better suited?

hugegmenfan
03-25-2007, 01:50 PM
If we draft Levi Brown with the 20th pick, what do you think this means for Whimper? Do we start Brown at LT this year, and then if Whimper is ready to be a LT next year, he goes there, McKenzie gets cut and Brown goes to RT, where it has been said he might be better suited?

If we draft Levi Brown, Guy Whimper will be nothing more than a career backup and i personally am perfectly fine with that. McKenzie is fine- a bit overpaid- but fine. Then we could have some young depth @ the tackle position.

culloden1745
03-25-2007, 05:44 PM
If we draft Levi Brown, Guy Whimper will be nothing more than a career backup and i personally am perfectly fine with that. McKenzie is fine- a bit overpaid- but fine. Then we could have some young depth @ the tackle position.

Wonder if Whimper could fill that 3rd Te roll, he played some te in college.

bigbluedefense
03-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Number 10, whats your thoughts on Mike Walker as a day 2 WR? I don't know much about him, but Scott's scout report sounds good. Thoughts?

Number 10
03-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Number 10, whats your thoughts on Mike Walker as a day 2 WR? I don't know much about him, but Scott's scout report sounds good. Thoughts?

He could end up being an Amani Toomer type I think, at best. His knee injury took away the explosiveness he once had but he still has above average speed.

I actually compare him to Kelley Washington.

grizmoandchodey
03-28-2007, 04:47 PM
i think in the second we should go for a guy marcus mccauley he might not be there around our pick in the second but that would be a big attribut to our secondary if we got him. He is top 20 potential but his stock is just increasingly dropping. He might go to someone like Minnesota in the second but there is a possibility we could involve Corey Webster in a deal with a team to get a reasonable pick for McCauley in the 2nd

hugegmenfan
03-28-2007, 06:06 PM
i think in the second we should go for a guy marcus mccauley he might not be there around our pick in the second but that would be a big attribut to our secondary if we got him. He is top 20 potential but his stock is just increasingly dropping. He might go to someone like Minnesota in the second but there is a possibility we could involve Corey Webster in a deal with a team to get a reasonable pick for McCauley in the 2nd

i dont want to ship webster out for a draft pick. I would give him 1 more year under the new system before we make a conclusion on him. Mccauley in the 2nd round would be a fantastic pick, i too am not sure if he will be there but it would be a steal if he was.

Number 10
03-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Alright here's my big board as of right now, going 10 deep. (Guys that I think will make it to #20)

1-Ted Ginn-WR-Ohio State
2-Paul Posluszny-OLB-Penn State
3-Aaron Ross-CB-Texas
4-Reggie Nelson-FS-Florida
5-Lawrence Timmons-OLB Florida State
6-Robert Meachem-WR-Tennessee
7-Dwayne Jarrett-WR-USC
8-Jon Beason-OLB-Miami
9-Greg Olsen-TE-Miami
10-Ben Grubbs-G-Auburn

ricky bobby
03-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Here's mine

1. Hall (unprobable)
2. Darrelle Revis
3. Chris Houston
4. Lawrence Timmons
5. Robert Meachem
6. Joe Staley
7. Paul Posluszny
8. Jon Beason
9. Alan Branch - His stock is plummeting in some people's eyes
10. Ryan Kalil - Move O'hara to guard. Kalil is a stud.

ricky bobby
03-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Alright here's my big board as of right now, going 10 deep. (Guys that I think will make it to #20)

1-Ted Ginn-WR-Ohio State
3-Aaron Ross-CB-Texas
7-Dwayne Jarrett-WR-USC
8-Jon Beason-OLB-Miami
9-Greg Olsen-TE-Miami
10-Ben Grubbs-G-Auburn

1. I already explained why we don't need a speed WR on another thread
2. Alright, but i'd take Timmons over him
3. I'd be heated if he took a 25 year old in round 1
4. Don't need a safety.
5. Love Timmons
6. Love Meachem
7. Jarrett is a second round pick at best now
8. Like Beason
9. We need more of a blocking TE
10. Wouldn't mind Grubbs if all else fails

GiantRutgersFan
03-30-2007, 09:38 PM

1-Ted Ginn-WR-Ohio State
3-Aaron Ross-CB-Texas
7-Dwayne Jarrett-WR-USC
8-Jon Beason-OLB-Miami
9-Greg Olsen-TE-Miami
10-Ben Grubbs-G-Auburn

I like it, except for Aaron Ross.

Personally I would Flip Timmons and Beason, and get rid of Olsen unless we are changing our offense...

Number 10
04-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Alan Branch guys, Alan Branch.

I have a feeling he is going to drop to 20 and I have a feeling Resse won't take him. I don't even know how I'd feel because I am so up and down on him. He could easily be John Henderson, he could easily be William Joseph.]

What do you guys think?

hugegmenfan
04-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Alan Branch guys, Alan Branch.

I have a feeling he is going to drop to 20 and I have a feeling Resse won't take him. I don't even know how I'd feel because I am so up and down on him. He could easily be John Henderson, he could easily be William Joseph.]

What do you guys think?

if hes there we gotta take him. period. imagine: branch, strahan, kiwi, osi, cofield and robbins. we would have the best line in the league if branch turned out to be good. the thing is branch needs a tough coach and although i hate coughlin he may b the right person to get him to play to his potential. branch is an underachiever but with a good d coord and good role models around him on the dline he could step it up. i have a feeling we would not take him also if he is there or the colts would want to trade up for him, but if hes there we take him.

scottyboy
04-19-2007, 07:20 PM
branch up front would in reality help our pass D. His rushing ability and being able to push back Centers and guards would make osi and strahan even MORE of a threat. if he's there, i thikn we take him, unless darrelle revis is there.

hugegmenfan
04-19-2007, 07:25 PM
branch up front would in reality help our pass D. His rushing ability and being able to push back Centers and guards would make osi and strahan even MORE of a threat. if he's there, i thikn we take him, unless darrelle revis is there.

even if revis is there i think branch is the better player on the board and we should take him and take like josh wilson or daymeion hughes 2nd round. i personally am a massive josh wilson fan as i think he will be an exceptional CB similar to dre bly actually.

Number 10
04-19-2007, 08:41 PM
This is my review of the 2006 draft that I wrote last May, just thought I'd put it out there.

After thoroughly analyzing each pick, I have finally come up with my synopsis of the Giants' 2006 NFL Draft. I will try to give as much information and opinion on each pick while attempting to find their place on the Giants roster. Coming into the draft, it was evident that Ernie Accorsi and Tom Coughlin were going to bring in some pieces for this defense to build around. Yes the defense does already have some top-notch players all over the place on the defensive side of the ball, but there are more than a few age and injury concerns and after pondering what big blue's defense looked liked against the Panthers in January, you can never have enough depth. It was quite apparent that the strategy coming into this entire process, especially after the first round pick, was to take the best player available regardless of position. And that brings be to DE Mathias Kiwanuka, who I have some strong support for, and I will tell you why.

I will be the first to tell you that I was speechless when I heard Kiwanuka's name come over the television, but not in the sense that I hated the pick. He was not even one of the players that entered my mind as possible picks, but that does not mean I didn't want him. Now let me try to justify this pick if you are sitting there cursing out Ernie Accorsi in your head.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that Accorsi and company wanted to bring in a difference maker, a playmaker that could bring some versatility to this up and coming defense. Many of us thought it would be a cornerback with the likes of potential superstars Antonio Cromartie and Johnathan Joseph as possible picks, but the Chargers selected Cromartie at #19 and the Bengals selected Joseph at #24. So with both of them off the board, reaching for another CB would be a bad idea especially considering the fact that our rookie CB would not make any sort of immediate impact. Then we can move onto linebacker, where there were only three guys that would have made sense in the first round, and you could make an argument for a fourth. AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter, and Chad Greenway were all options to be picked by the Giants in the first round. However, all three of them were taken well before the #25 pick and without any other options, the Giants were forced to throw the idea of drafting a linebacker out the window. We can then move onto defensive tackle where there were two guys I really liked, Haloti Ngata and Broderick Bunkley. I stated a few weeks ago that I would have traded up for them if possible, but that option turned out to be impossible. The Ravens coveted Ngata and would have upped our offer if need be and the same thing with the Eagles and their love for Bunkley. With both of these players off the board, there was nobody available (including McCargo) that would have filled our hole at nose tackle, so scratch the option of drafting a first round DT off the list. Now that brings us down to two players, safety Jimmy Williams and DE Mathias Kiwanuka. I'm sure this decision had to have been extremely difficult because both bring a lot to the table in terms of versatility and playmaking ability. The character red flags that seem to have followed Williams since his days as a blue chip recruit in high school very well might have been one of the stronger deciding factors. But I am inclined to believe that the Kiwanuka selection was not just based on long term potential, but more about his ability to create matchup issues for opposing offenses. Just think about something….on 3rd and long, Kiwanuka and Justin Tuck come onto the field as our starting nose tackle and Carlos Emmons jog off. Tim Lewis blitzes Arrington and Kiwanuka from the outside giving the offensive line Umenyiora, Strahan, Joseph, Tuck, Arrington, and Kiwanuka to block all in one shot. I'm not sure what you think about that, but if there is a single group of blockers that can get the job done against that unit, I'd be shocked. That group of pass rushers can alter the outcome of a game, no doubt about it. To have an effective defense, a defensive coordinator needs to have both the mind and personnel to out-scheme his opponent. With the abundance of pass rushers this defense now has, the matchup problems given to an opposing offense are through the roof. You have to realize that even though our defensive backs have been upgraded, they are far from being super and/or dominant which means our pass rush needs to be top-notch. I know that I wrote a little bit too much regarding this pick, but I needed to let some of you guys know that the pick itself was ten times better than most of you think. Kiwanuka has very similar physical tools to what Umenyiora came into the league with, yet he is more polished as a defensive end. The thought of how good he can be once he gains some weight is downright scary. Tim Lewis is as creative as they come and if/when he figures out to get all of these guys on the field at the same time, our defense could easily move into the top 10 at least. Just keep that in mind before you continue to bash one of the finest GMs in football.

The trade up for Sinorice Moss was absolutely brilliant and I truly feel that Accorsi had him in mind when acquiring the 3rd and 4th round picks from Pittsburgh. Moss is an interesting gamble that very easily could be just as good as his brother, Santana. Yes he has outstanding speed, perhaps more speed than burner Tim Carter when it comes down to game time. But what people fail to realize about this kid is how elusive he is in the open field and how explosive his first few steps are. That kind of WR is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered for the inconsistent offense here in New York. He knows how to find holes in the defense and with massive amounts of attention being tended to the likes of Burress, Toomer, and Shockey, Moss could very well be left unaccounted for and if Manning can get the ball in his hands, he is a legit threat to take it to the house, period.

Rounding out day one, the Giants selected another playmaker that can bring some more versatility to this defense. Gerris Wilkinson out of Georgia Tech is a fiery, intense, hard hitting linebacker that can play all three spots in our defense. Truthfully, as much as I like Blackburn and his Cinderella story, I would be much more confident with Wilkinson in the middle should Antonio Pierce go down again. He is an excellent blitzer from the inside that has a knack for finding the QB and making a play. He owns the inside and he plays with that kind of cocky swagger that many middle linebackers need to get the most out of their physical ability. He should be an early contributor on special teams much like Reggie Torbor has had to this point in his career and add the much needed depth at all three LB spots that we lacked in January against the Panthers. Just writing about him now leads me to believe that Wilkinson has been brought in to be Nick Greisen's replacement, as they have very similar strengths and weaknesses.

Regardless of what some of your thoughts towards Ernie Accorsi were entering day two of the draft, one could not possibly help but be elated with the two fourth round picks. Cofield and Whimper fill two holes on our current roster and very well should develop into quality starters in the NFL. I understand some of you are under the impression that Cofield is being a projected as a 3-4 DE, but we run a 4-3 which is a defense that he will play at DT. He is more of a pass rusher that has an explosive first step into the backfield to disrupt an offensive play. However, Cofield is very good at holding his ground while being double teamed and with the quick/explosive first step, he will garner a fair share of double teams. A DT that can keep the linemen off of Pierce and company is what this defense needed the most coming into the draft. If the offensive line decides to underrate Cofield and only leaving one man to block him, he could excel at making plays in the backfield because he knows how to shed a single blocker and locate the ball. Whimper is certainly a prospect in need of some learning and professional weight training before he can be mentioned as the blind side protector of Eli Manning. But the physical tools are there and by the time he grows physically and mentally, Pettigout's contract will be too high to pay and Whimper could easily be thrown into the fire without this offense having to adjust. He also brings a nasty attitude to the game, Chris Snee like in many ways. That kind of mental state can really decrease the weaknesses and increase the potential of a player and I feel that will be the case with Whimper. In the worst case scenario, Whimper will bring in some solid depth in the trenches and with Whitfield's days soon coming to an end, that depth will be vastly needed.

If there is one pick in this entire draft that I did not, and still do not agree with, it is Charlie Peprah in the fifth. He is a good character kid, which I like on day two because the work ethic to develop into a steal is there, but his physical attributes will severely prohibit him. He is very quick and knows how to cover underneath, but he really struggles with the deep ball and with the likes of Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, and Santana Moss in our division, I really don't like the sound of that. What I do see in him is the vast potential to become a special teams ace because he loves to go for the big hit and he seems to be at his best when he is chasing the ball carrier. Head coach Tom Coughlin obviously had a lot to do with this pick because he loves to stack up on special teams contributors.

The final pick may have been the best value selection of our entire draft in CB Gerrick McPherson out of Maryland. Gerrick is a true workout warrior with measurables that sky rocket through the roof. His lack of height is rarely an issue because of a 40+ inch vertical which could translate into many pass breakups. He is also extremely strong with more bench press reps at the scouting combine than offensive tackle Jon Scott and squat records at Maryland. My best case scenario for him is to be the nickel back in a couple years that can step in and torment Santana Moss with his blend of strength and speed. I had him tagged as the Giants 5th round pick several times over the past month and getting him two rounds later is an absolute steal.

So all in all, our defense has been improved for both the short term and long term future. Having a dynamic pass rush is just as important, if not more so than covering the opposing WRs. The fans of the New York Giants need to keep the faith in Accorsi because he has done an outstanding job putting our team onto the field. Matchup problems are what wins in the NFL today and especially with our top two picks, those very matchups will be in our favor without a doubt.

I feel that I was a bit off on Wilkinson, thought he would be a little bit more physcial than what he showed this past season. But other than that, what do you guys think?

Forenci
04-20-2007, 09:04 PM
All right, I've done a lot of thinking and I'm almost certain we should draft a cornerback in the first round. I mean, inherently, a mediocre linebacker will do a much better job with our great defensive line than a mediocre cornerback would.

One of the main reasons I believe our defensive line didn't have a ton of sacks this year was, besides injuries, the fact that we didn't have great coverage - particulary at cornerback. The term 'coverage sack' comes to mind. Even if we're healthy all year long, if our coverage breaks down quickly then it's going to be difficult to get sacks even if the D-Line is healthy.

Sure, we'll be employing a more blitz heavy defense, but that still doesn't always mean we'll get to the quarterback if our coverage is poor.

Drafting a cornerback will, in my opinion, give us a chance to help the center of our defense, and arguably our team - the defensive line, which is young and filled with talent.

Well, that's just my opinion. I think our linebacker situation is going to be fine this year and the depth/talent we need can be found in later rounds, or even next year if we have to. There's not really first round linerbacker that fills the need we have a SAM. Wide receiver can also be adressed in later rounds with what might be the best wide receiver class ever in The Draft. Plus I'm uncertain if Brown or Staley is that franchise Left Tackle we're looking for.

GiantRutgersFan
04-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Thats a pretty good write up Number 10

All right, I've done a lot of thinking and I'm almost certain we should draft a cornerback in the first round. I mean, inherently, a mediocre linebacker will do a much better job with our great defensive line than a mediocre cornerback would.

One of the main reasons I believe our defensive line didn't have a ton of sacks this year was, besides injuries, the fact that we didn't have great coverage - particulary at cornerback. The term 'coverage sack' comes to mind. Even if we're healthy all year long, if our coverage breaks down quickly then it's going to be difficult to get sacks even if the D-Line is healthy.

Sure, we'll be employing a more blitz heavy defense, but that still doesn't always mean we'll get to the quarterback if our coverage is poor.

Drafting a cornerback will, in my opinion, give us a chance to help the center of our defense, and arguably our team - the defensive line, which is young and filled with talent.

Well, that's just my opinion. I think our linebacker situation is going to be fine this year and the depth/talent we need can be found in later rounds, or even next year if we have to. There's not really first round linerbacker that fills the need we have a SAM. Wide receiver can also be adressed in later rounds with what might be the best wide receiver class ever in The Draft. Plus I'm uncertain if Brown or Staley is that franchise Left Tackle we're looking for.

I disagree. I think that what we need is another solid Linebacker. I think that if we get a true talent in there at LB, it would dramatically improve our defense. I have a feeling that Will Demps is gonna be much improved this year as well which should help out in that department. although I would be very happy with Hall and ok with Revis.

Number 10
04-21-2007, 12:55 AM

If there was a #1 CB there for the taking, I'd take him in a second. But all ofthe CBs this year are mediocre in my eyes. No need in reaching for one at #20, I'd be more secure with it if we traded down a bit.

G-Men88
04-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Giants Big Board:

1. Alan Branch
2. Jon Beason
3. Darelle Revis
4. Lawrence Timmons
5. Paul Poz
6. Leon Hall
7. Robert Meachem
8. Aaron Ross
9. Levi Brown
10. Dwayne Bowe

ricky bobby
04-21-2007, 11:47 AM
If there was a #1 CB there for the taking, I'd take him in a second. But all ofthe CBs this year are mediocre in my eyes. No need in reaching for one at #20, I'd be more secure with it if we traded down a bit.
Darrelle Revis is a worthy of the 20th pick overall. So is Leon Hall, but I doubt he will drop that far.

Number 10
04-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Darrelle Revis is a worthy of the 20th pick overall. So is Leon Hall, but I doubt he will drop that far.

I disagree.

If you are going to take a CB at #20, especially with some of the LBs, FSs, and WRs that will likely be on the board, he better have #1 potential. Even though you may think those guys are the elite CBs of this draft (which is fine), I don't see them as a #1 CB.

ricky bobby
04-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Interesting interactive mock draft from gbnreport.

Out of 212 votes for the Giants pick

23% voted for Joe Staley
22% for Lawrence Timmons
20% for Paul Posluszny
15% for Chris Houston
8% for Brandon Merriweather
6% for Dwayne Bowe
Ross, Ginn and Beason recieved some votes also

Reivs, Nelson, Branch and Meachem were all off the board at this point.

Number 10
04-21-2007, 11:58 AM
I really, really don't want Staley at 20.

ricky bobby
04-21-2007, 02:23 PM
I really, really don't want Staley at 20.
Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay were doing a mock draft on ESPN radio today and Staley was the pick once again.

Forenci
04-21-2007, 02:24 PM

Well, I've always been a fan of trading down, but I'm just assuming that's not going to happen right now.

I think Revis would be a really great pick for us at #20 if would could get him. That said, I wouldn't be a fan if we picked Houston, particulary at #20, but I could live with it.

I would really love to have Josh Wilson in the second, but I'm unsure if he'll be at our pick in the second round - he might be a great corner, but I think a lot of people do not like his size. It doesn't really bother me personally.

Number 10
04-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay were doing a mock draft on ESPN radio today and Staley was the pick once again.

He's the one guy I just don't want, plain and simple.

hugegmenfan
04-21-2007, 03:59 PM
He's the one guy I just don't want, plain and simple.

i totally agree- i dont think we should just take an OT because the ones after him are not that great. I do agree oline needs to be addressed in this draft and if its not levi brown or joe thomas ill pass 1st round. Guards like manny ramirez or tackles like james marten are there in the later rounds and will provide us with great depth, skill and potential at the position. Defense needs to be addressed 1st round and i would prefer chris houston, revis, timmons or beason over staley absolutely.

ricky bobby
04-22-2007, 09:06 AM
I disagree about Joe Staley. He's not my number one option, but I wouldn't mind the pick. He is extremely athletic for a guy his size and experts say that he can play around 320, 325. It all depends on who is on the board at the time. I would be upset if he took him over Revis, Hall or Timmons. Other than that, I would be ok with the pick. I certainly like him more than Levi Brown, who lookes like he already peaked in college.

hugegmenfan
04-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Last season we were statiscally one of the worst teams in the league in covering TE. That is our OLB problem and fault. Therefore wouldnt it make sense to draft an OLB that is good in coverage and has proven that he can cover TE and make good plays against the run also? For some reason just because the guy is 6'1, Lawrence Timmons' stock has dropped and is not being regarded as the phenomenal pro prospect he will become anymore. I think he is a better fit for our team and our team's needs than paul posluzny. Just because people may like Poz's smash mouth type of football and good attitude, i dont think hes the best fit out of all the OLB available. I think if timmons is there, he should be our pick.

Number 10
04-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Last season we were statiscally one of the worst teams in the league in covering TE. That is our OLB problem and fault. Therefore wouldnt it make sense to draft an OLB that is good in coverage and has proven that he can cover TE and make good plays against the run also? For some reason just because the guy is 6'1, Lawrence Timmons' stock has dropped and is not being regarded as the phenomenal pro prospect he will become anymore. I think he is a better fit for our team and our team's needs than paul posluzny. Just because people may like Poz's smash mouth type of football and good attitude, i dont think hes the best fit out of all the OLB available. I think if timmons is there, he should be our pick.

I wouldn't be upset with it but he, like Houston, is a very risky pick. I would be just as suprised to see Timmons as a perennial pro bowler as I would to see him on the bench in 3 years a la William Joseph.

GiantRutgersFan
04-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Timmons has had one year of starting... unproven guy not worthy of a first rounder at all. BTW the only reason his stock was high was because people thought he would put up great measurables, but he disappionted in that aspect.

If it were up to me, I would take Poz in the first round and then wait until the 4th round or so and take Dallas Sartz from USC. Sartz is very good in coverage and would make a nice SAM backer in time.

scottyboy
04-23-2007, 02:24 PM
if we picked staley at 20. i would throw my remote and/or fist into my dads brand new 58 inch TV. afterwards, once i found a foster home, hope the giants draft craig davis round 2

hugegmenfan
04-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Timmons has had one year of starting... unproven guy not worthy of a first rounder at all. BTW the only reason his stock was high was because people thought he would put up great measurables, but he disappionted in that aspect.

If it were up to me, I would take Poz in the first round and then wait until the 4th round or so and take Dallas Sartz from USC. Sartz is very good in coverage and would make a nice SAM backer in time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2846239

some support for why we should go talent, potential and skill in guys like beason or timmons rather than poz because he plays in a good PSU OLB scheme

hugegmenfan
04-23-2007, 05:20 PM
verrrry interesting: Vic Carucci, one of the main writers and inside reporters for nfl.com lists his rankings of dline and oline
his rankings for OT is very intriguing as he has staley as the 5th overall OT behind ugoh and ryan harris
http://www.giants.com/news/special_features/story.asp?story_id=25060

OSUGiants17
04-23-2007, 05:26 PM
just look at my sig.
________
Problems from prilosec (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

hugegmenfan
04-23-2007, 05:40 PM
just look at my sig.

cool- i also like ur giants dream draft a lot except for the leonard pick which is horrible

ricky bobby
04-23-2007, 05:48 PM
cool- i also like ur giants dream draft a lot except for the leonard pick which is horrible
I hate that pick also. People have us picking him just because he is from Rutgers. They see that Tiki retired and automatically assume we need a RB. We have Jacobs and Droughns. We just need a scat back which can be filled in the later rounds. I personally want Romance Taylor.

I don't know where Hazem (from Giants 101) gets information from, but he seems to believe that the Giants are looking at Timmons, Dwayne Jarrett or Dwayne Bowe in round 1. I would love Timmons in round 1. He is #2 on my big board behind Revis.

Forenci
04-23-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm actually pretty cool with us taking Staley, although I would MUCH rather have it be about 10 picks lower. From what I've read, he didn't give up a sack his junior season and only gave up one or two in his senior season. That's impressive. From the limited amount of game tape I've seen on him, he's extremely athletic as a pass blocker. He uses his athletism and strength to annilhate speed rushers. I think if he just adds some strength during this year he could be a great Left Tackle, maybe even better than Levi Brown, who's considered better than him.

If Revis and Nelson are off the board, and we stay put, I'd rather take Staley than reach on a guy like Posluszny or Timmons who seem much more likely to bust than anyone else.

chillen400
04-23-2007, 07:17 PM
i think the most important thing is to upgrade our pass defense, so to kill two birds with one stone, the giants should try and pick up justin durant of hampton in the 2nd round. he is very fast and would be a very good coverage linebacker. if we picked him in the second, that would give the g-men a chance to trade down and get staley, or get the corners between revis and ross. however i do feel the safest pick for them would be posluzny. i think he is a solid player, who would lead on the feild.

OSUGiants17
04-23-2007, 07:27 PM
i ur giants dream draft a lot except for the leonard pick which is horrible
I said that because Finn aint that good and Leonard is a good reaciever and even if Tiki didn't retire I would have him there.
________
Lovely Wendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Forenci
04-23-2007, 07:57 PM
So let's draft Leonard because he can catch the ball out of the back field? Who would be a terrible fullback for our power run game? Sure, let's go ahead and do that.

Droughns can catch very well, if we need it. Jacobs is also improving on his receiving skills and I can recall seeing him practicing running routes pre-game several times.

So let's draft Leonard, who isn't as good a blocker as Finn, and who might catch a couple of passes at full back for us. Great.

Sorry, I don't mean to come down so hard on people about this, but I'm sick and tired of people thinking we should pick Leonard because some Rutgers fans who happen to be Giants fans are completely blind to the fact we have MUCH more important needs in the second round.

At least some people like Scottyboy (who's Rutgers fan) realize that we have much more important needs in the second round than taking a home grown talent. Darnell Stapleton in the 6th/7th, fine, that's a legitmate pick we could use at that point in the draft.

Instead of wasting a pick on something we don't need, why not draft someone like Garrett Wolfe in the 5th/6th who will give us value of someone who can catch out of the backfield along with other intangibles.

chillen400
04-23-2007, 08:00 PM
i think the best scat back in this draft is lorenzo booker. he would be a perfect compliment to the jacobs-droughns tandem. he can catch well, and hes very elusive... not a great blocker. i would be happy spending a third round pick on him. but it is true, we have more pressing needs we could get with a 3rd rounder

GiantRutgersFan
04-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Brian Leonard is gonna be a great player.... Imagine a Westbrook, who doesnt get injured and can block and you got Leonard...

He would be a weapon on the offense for a long time. Jacobs and Leonard would be simply amazing.

Reuben Droughns is not a long term answer. Sorry. and 2 back systems are sexy right now

Forenci
04-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Brian Leonard is gonna be a great player.... Imagine a Westbrook, who doesnt get injured and can block and you got Leonard...

He would be a weapon on the offense for a long time. Jacobs and Leonard would be simply amazing.

Reuben Droughns is not a long term answer. Sorry. and 2 back systems are sexy right now

..and who has half the speed of Westbrook? I'm not debating whether Leonard will be a good player or not, I'm just saying, he would be a bad pick for the New York Giants. I personally think Leonard will turn out be a really good player.

Droughns is not the long term answer. We don't need a long term answer for someone who can catch out of hte backfield. If we want a guy who is a long term answer for..catching out of the back field we should try to get Booker in the 4th (unlikely) or Wolfe in the 5th. Worse case scenario Droughns is our solution for this and perhaps a few more seasons until we can bring a guy in.

Of course, I'm skeptical Leonard will even last to us. I know John Gruden loved him in the Senior Bowl, and they could really use a guy to spell Caddy, and a guy to replace Alstott.

hugegmenfan
04-23-2007, 09:19 PM
..and who has half the speed of Westbrook? I'm not debating whether Leonard will be a good player or not, I'm just saying, he would be a bad pick for the New York Giants. I personally think Leonard will turn out be a really good player.

Droughns is not the long term answer. We don't need a long term answer for someone who can catch out of hte backfield. If we want a guy who is a long term answer for..catching out of the back field we should try to get Booker in the 4th (unlikely) or Wolfe in the 5th. Worse case scenario Droughns is our solution for this and perhaps a few more seasons until we can bring a guy in.

Of course, I'm skeptical Leonard will even last to us. I know John Gruden loved him in the Senior Bowl, and they could really use a guy to spell Caddy, and a guy to replace Alstott.

Ya right. He is a decent pass catcher and an average runner who is slow and does not have the speed we need to spell jacobs/droughns. To compare him to westbrook is foolish. He is nowhere in the same category as westbrook and in my opinion never will be. He'll be a decent nfl player, truthfully i think hell just be a better greg comella. Hes not what we need. And i too am getting, no have gotten extremely pissed off at the fact that just because hes a local kid we should take him. I also agree droughns is not the long term answer but hes good for another 2-3 years. First off lets say how jacobs does and if he can even cut it. Then lets say how the two mix together. I personally am a huge lorenzo booker fan and i think hes going to be better than leonard, we could get him in the 4th round and would be unspeakably better value.

GiantRutgersFan
04-23-2007, 09:30 PM
there really is a lot of dudes on here who fall in love with measurables...

guys who produce in college, have a good football IQ, show leadership, and step up in the big situations are the guys who turn out to be really good pros.... not Workout warriors like a lot of people think...

hugegmenfan
04-24-2007, 11:16 AM
what are all of your thoughts about trading up for joe thomas? i saw a mock draft before whcih said we gave up our 1st, 2nd and a 2nd next year to go up to the 5th spot and draft thomas. I actually kind of like it. Although i think we could stay where we are and get great players and keep the picks, thomas is an anchor and would b a top OT for about 10+ years. Im indifferent i guess. thoughts?

Number 10
04-24-2007, 11:26 AM
what are all of your thoughts about trading up for joe thomas? i saw a mock draft before whcih said we gave up our 1st, 2nd and a 2nd next year to go up to the 5th spot and draft thomas. I actually kind of like it. Although i think we could stay where we are and get great players and keep the picks, thomas is an anchor and would b a top OT for about 10+ years. Im indifferent i guess. thoughts?

You'd have to replace that 2nd next year with a 1st next year, no thanks.

BaLLiN
04-24-2007, 04:36 PM

I'll pass on that, We need to rebuild, and trading up is risky, I'd rather keep our picks, if we did that and had a horrible season next year, we would lose out on a great player

hugegmenfan
04-24-2007, 05:19 PM
I know many of you think Mike Mayock is a crack-pot and does not really know what he is talking about but Paul Posluzny is 39th on his big board only 3 spots away from stewart bradley @42

scottyboy
04-24-2007, 06:36 PM
we need CB i feel more than any other position, but shouldnt go need over talent. LB and WR could also be addressed. the only way we go OT is if brown falls to us

ps. we could also do the draft in my sig :)

Damix
04-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Hmm, the more I think about it, the more I think CB can be had in the 2nd, as of right now, I believe 1 of Chris Houston, Eric Wright, Josh Wilson and Marcus McCauley will be there for us to have with our 2nd pick.

I would not be upset at all with
1. Reggie Nelson
2. Highest rated corner
3. Highest LB/WR
4. Higherst WR/LB

joepas171
04-25-2007, 04:20 AM
Hmm, the more I think about it, the more I think CB can be had in the 2nd, as of right now, I believe 1 of Chris Houston, Eric Wright, Josh Wilson and Marcus McCauley will be there for us to have with our 2nd pick.

1. Reggie Nelson
2. Highest rated corner
3. Highest LB/WR
4. Higherst WR/LB

I agree, but if Nelson is gone, how about Merriweather and or Griffin. I take any of em!

hugegmenfan
04-25-2007, 10:16 AM

1. Reggie Nelson
2. Highest rated corner
3. Highest LB/WR
4. Higherst WR/LB

i totally agree about cornerback. If Revis is gone, there is a lot of depth in the 2nd round at Corner and we should go there.
I am against taking a safety 1st round. Let's see how Wilson and Demps play together 1 more year and if either 1 of them cant cut it they are gone and we bring in a rookie. I think nelson is a fabulous player and will be a star in this league but we do not need to address it this year.

My Draft:
1. Jon Beason/Lawrence Timmons
2. Chris Houston/McCauley/ Josh Wilson
3. Highest Rated OT,OG/WR
4. Highest Rated WR/OT, OG

Forenci
04-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Kind of an odd question, but, does anyone think Wilkinson can play SAM? I mean, he's athletic, but I honestly couldn't say one way or another if he has any coverage ability.

If so, I'd love to have a first round linebacker. Wilkinson could play SAM when Mitchell is gone next year - and then we could draft someone like Beason or Posluszny (who are in my opinion, only weakside linebackers).

If Revis is at our pick in the first, which is looking doubtful, then I think we have to go with him. Otherwise, if we can get someone like Josh Wilson in the second I'd be happy. I mean, even McCauley would be fine. If our safety situation doesn't pan out, I think he can could make the transistion and play effectively there.

Also, if Leon Hall falls to us, which seems like for whatever reason, it may happen due to Revis being on the rise - not to mention I could see a team liking Houston better in some cases because of his measurables. Do you think we'll take Hall? More importantly, do you think we should take him?

He's not super fast, but he probably is faster than Webster and Madison at the very least, which is something. I like his ability to play all aspects of the game, and would be extremely happy if we got him to be honest.

GiantRutgersFan
04-25-2007, 12:55 PM
I like Hall the most of any CB in this draft. If he's there at 20, I would probably snatch him up, then look to trade up for Poz, Beason, or Timmons if any of them fall out of the first round.

That would be a pretty sick draft

bigbluedefense
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I like Hall the most of any CB in this draft. If he's there at 20, I would probably snatch him up, then look to trade up for Poz, Beason, or Timmons if any of them fall out of the first round.

That would be a pretty sick draft

Hall is the one CB thats been mentioned that I do NOT want. Every time he went up against a legit WR, he got toasted. I much rather have Revis.

Damix
04-25-2007, 02:56 PM
I think Meriweather is the best option at safety we can go (Yea, maybe I'm biased) but if Demps and Wilson pick it up, we have 1) Great leverage in bargaining with Wilson next year and 2) Meriweather can switch to corner and if combined with another CB pick in the draft, we have a young nucleus of Draft pick, Meriweather, Underwood and Dockery and even Webster to a point.

Else if Demps continues to play bad at FS we can keep Brandon there and move Demps to SS, or cut him if we resign Gibril

Forenci
04-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Interesting, Damix. His character issues are overblown, but still relevant, and that's the only thing I see bad about him. If we convert him to cornerback though and Gibril and Demps both pan out, I think we honestly can't expect Brandon to be anything more than a nickel cornerback.

I'm extremely interested in seeing how Dockery and Underwood have been progressing. Dockey was extremely impressive to me. The only times I really saw him get beat was not really his fault. Generally it was because the ball was thrown perfectly or he had no help from the safeties.

Damix
04-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Meriweather has the body of a corner and arguably the best cover skills of any safety in the draft

scottyboy
04-25-2007, 04:45 PM
revis should be our number 1 target. i honestly wouldnt mind humping up to 18 if he's there. He's a solid tackler for a CB and good cover man. Also can return. Hall will be a bust, he just isnt fast enough. prob. will be ok in a zone scheme. i also like houston- he is a boom-or bust though, and with our team right now, i feel maybe we sholdnt pick him. i dont want a safety round one, not a postition of need really, especially with the needs at CB, LB and evenWR.

Shockey80
04-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I think Merriweather would be a nice pickup if we could manage to trade down to 28-32 and pickup an extra second rounder.

Merriweather
Sidney Rice
Marcus Mccauley
Stewart Bradley

That would be a very nice first day

Damix
04-26-2007, 12:23 PM
I think Merriweather would be a nice pickup if we could manage to trade down to 28-32 and pickup an extra second rounder.

Merriweather
Sidney Rice
Marcus Mccauley
Stewart Bradley

If this was possible it would be pretty much a dream, subsitute Rice for any reciever on the board with that value if you don't like him (I do) and its still a great first day.

hugegmenfan
04-26-2007, 12:40 PM

Merriweather
Sidney Rice
Marcus Mccauley
Stewart Bradley

dude no way we pick up an extra 2nd rounder for moving down 8-12 spots in the bottom of the 1st. a 3rd rounder is possible or may be we swap 2nd round picks with somebody but to take their 2nd rounder is very unlikely.

hugegmenfan
04-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Which position should the Giants draft with their first pick in this weekend's draft?
Choice Votes
Linebacker
35%
Safety
4%
Cornerback
23%
Running Back
11%
Wide Receiver
8%
Offensive Tackle
19%

Poll taken from giants.com
This is of course just other giants fans like us but i think it speaks volumes. We have also not drafted a OLB 1st round since Carl Banks in 1984 and i think we are long over due.

Number 10
04-27-2007, 01:56 PM
http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/

My final board, may be a little confusing to read but that's what I use on draft day. Any questions, comments, or "you're an idiot" 's are welcome.

LTgiants
04-27-2007, 03:19 PM
http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/

My final board, may be a little confusing to read but that's what I use on draft day. Any questions, comments, or "you're an idiot" 's are welcome.

the fact that you would trade up for tedd ginn and think you can trade out of the first and get a guy like leon hall makes you an idiot

Number 10
04-27-2007, 03:27 PM
the fact that you would trade up for tedd ginn and think you can trade out of the first and get a guy like leon hall makes you an idiot

I didn't think you'd understand it.

-I don't think we can trade out of the 1st and get Leon Hall

-But if I am going to take him, that would be the earliest spot I'd do it

-Not getting into another Ginn circular argument

ricky bobby
04-27-2007, 03:29 PM
I didn't think you'd understand it.

-I don't think we can trade out of the 1st and get Leon Hall

-But if I am going to take him, that would be the earliest spot I'd do it

-Not getting into another Ginn circular argument
Ginn isn't a circular arguement. The Giants simply have no use for him.

Number 10
04-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Ginn isn't a circular arguement. The Giants simply have no use for him.

They have a top notch return man?

We have depth at WR?

We have more than one fast WR?

ricky bobby
04-27-2007, 05:36 PM
They have a top notch return man?

We have depth at WR?

We have more than one fast WR?
Let's give Sinorice Moss a chance before we draft another pure speed guy.

ricky bobby
04-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Anyone else think that we might be able to steal a fourth round pick from Houston by forcing them to trade up one spot? We have expressed interest in Joe Staley, and many believe that is who they are targeting.

Damix
04-28-2007, 08:25 AM
The day is here boys, I have to go take my accounting final from 10am to noon, hopefully I can motor through it and be back in time for the first pick.

I guess we should try to keep it organized, keep the discussion of the draft in this thread?

Damix
04-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Any final predicitions for #20?

I am thinking Beason.

ricky bobby
04-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Any final predicitions for #20?

I am thinking Beason.
Gut feeling tells me that it's going to be either Darrelle Revis, Joe Staley or Levi Brown.

scottyboy
04-28-2007, 08:36 AM
The day is here boys, I have to go take my accounting final from 10am to noon, hopefully I can motor through it and be back in time for the first pick.

I guess we should try to keep it organized, keep the discussion of the draft in this thread?

if revis is there, he should be a no brainer. i'm going with a guy not talked to much about for us and that is Chris Houston(him or poz)

good luck on that final. last semester my accounting I final was super hard. i got a D+ of course my teacher was a joke and i was with all upperclassmen and all we did was watch movies lol

Forenci
04-28-2007, 08:52 AM
BRING IT ON BABY!

Well, anyways, I'm going to assume Revis is gone, so I'd say either Staley, Posluszny, Beason or perhaps even a receiver like Bowe or Meachem if they fall.

We shall see.

So, will most of you be on the forums during the Draft? I will be. Just busted out the labtop so I'm set to go.

scottyboy
04-28-2007, 08:58 AM
BRING IT ON BABY!

Well, anyways, I'm going to assume Revis is gone, so I'd say either Staley, Posluszny, Beason or perhaps even a receiver like Bowe or Meachem if they fall.

We shall see.

So, will most of you be on the forums during the Draft? I will be. Just busted out the labtop so I'm set to go.

i'll come on every so often. especially rightafter the giants pick!!!! can wait, basically an hour away, thats when espn's preview is.

maybe i'll do some homework before the draft pausenot

hugegmenfan
04-28-2007, 09:36 AM
apparently the giants contacted levi brown, asked for his cell phone # and are really interested in him. its def possible if we trade up, but if brown some how fell we are taking him.

i want either beason or timmons but i kno its going to be between staley and paul poz (the 2 players i do not want)

ricky bobby
04-28-2007, 09:42 AM
apparently the giants contacted levi brown, asked for his cell phone # and are really interested in him. its def possible if we trade up, but if brown some how fell we are taking him.

i want either beason or timmons but i kno its going to be between staley and paul poz (the 2 players i do not want)
We also contacted Jon Beason according to giants 101. It usually means nothing. These things are often time smoke screens. Reese has done a very good job of sending mixed signals, and is keeping people guessing. Do you honestly think that if Reese was serious about this he'd let it leak? GMs are very careful about what they do around draft time. Some GMs purposely don't interview or express interest in the players they really want. Packers didn't interview AJ Hawk last year, Broncos didn't interview Jay Cutler. It's a crap shoot. Last year at this time, people were predicting Gabe Watson to us in round one, and Winston Justice as a top 15 pick. They ended up in round 4 and round 2 respectively. Then factor in all the trades, and this draft is going to look like nothing we would ever have expected.

hugegmenfan
04-28-2007, 10:01 AM
We also contacted Jon Beason according to giants 101. It usually means nothing. These things are often time smoke screens. Reese has done a very good job of sending mixed signals, and is keeping people guessing. Do you honestly think that if Reese was serious about this he'd let it leak? GMs are very careful about what they do around draft time. Some GMs purposely don't interview or express interest in the players they really want. Packers didn't interview AJ Hawk last year, Broncos didn't interview Jay Cutler. It's a crap shoot. Last year at this time, people were predicting Gabe Watson to us in round one, and Winston Justice as a top 15 pick. They ended up in round 4 and round 2 respectively. Then factor in all the trades, and this draft is going to look like nothing we would ever have expected.

true. i think this is easily the most interesting and unpredictable drafts in recent history due to the fact that each team could go with so many different players and there are so many different scenarios. haha gabe watson.

scottyboy
04-28-2007, 12:42 PM
well with brown going that high, i feel staley may be picked before we pick. i hope this is the case, as the consensus is that we dont want him!

Number 10
04-28-2007, 12:57 PM
I knew Ginn was going to Miami, oh well.

Forenci
04-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Thank the heavens. No offense Number 10. Haha.

Man, I don't know about you guys, but the stars could seriously be alligning for the New York Giants.

I think with all the chaos in the Draft so far, we might very well end up a steal at our pick.

I think we might end up with one of the follow guys: Reggie Nelson, Alan Branch, Leon Hall or Darrelle Revis.

Man, I'd be freakin happy if we got any one of those guys. A lot of people might be skeptical of Leon Hall, and I know he isn't the fastest guy, but honestly, he might be a shut down cornerback because he's pretty good at all aspects of the game. Wouldn't be upset with it.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Edit: WOO! Buffalo didn't take a cornerback. It's lookin' good for Big Blue fellas! I knew wearing my Brandon Jacobs jersey would be lucky.

scottyboy
04-28-2007, 02:34 PM
ALAN BRANCH!!!!!!! with revis gone, im thinking we could land branch. Him cofield, osi and strahan would be a scary Dline with freddy subbing in. lets see what happens

BigBlue58KiperIII
04-28-2007, 02:34 PM
We're almost up. I think we should be the team that lets the Browns back into the first to take Brady Quinn. We could hold them up for aa high ransom, get alot of picks, maybe even a first next season and fill our holes in the early second. there are still a bunch of guys that i would be happy with but it was just an idea. Leon Hall is still there and although im not that high on him, at this point i cant argue wwith it. I still want Posluszny first though

Forenci
04-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Sweet merciful crap people.

Nelson? Branch?

I don't think I could be upset with our draft this year.

Heck, if Detroit or Cleveland trades up to get Quinn, we could be loaded with picks this year too. I don't see much going wrong with our pick.

dhoe20
04-28-2007, 02:57 PM
The anticipation is killing me... Branch would be a steal but I'd rather have Nelson. Robbins was a pro-bowler and Cofield was a all-rookie. Nelson would help so much more. And then a LB? No idea what we're doing.

...Well damn i was wrong. Jerry Reese knows more than me so...meh.

Damix
04-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Ross =/ Not the biggest fan

hugegmenfan
04-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Ross =/ Not the biggest fan

boooooooo

we f*cking passed on beason, branch, nelson to take a 25 year old corner back?!?!?! bad

BigBlue58KiperIII
04-28-2007, 03:11 PM
its kind of a bland pick for me. I'm not pissed but im not happy, i really wanted to trade down and get aa ******** of picks for one of the teams that wanted Brady. I'm sorry but its ridicculous that he is still available

BaLLiN
04-28-2007, 11:11 PM
I wanted Revis then Beason then Nelson then Ross, he'll be 25 in Sept.

Number 10
04-30-2007, 09:17 PM
I think the fact that we are exploring many options for LT speaks volumes of how low Reese and Coughlin viewed Staley.

hugegmenfan
04-30-2007, 09:33 PM
I wanted Revis then Beason then Nelson then Ross, he'll be 25 in Sept.

i wanted beason but now that kiwi is moving to SLB and we drafted deossie who i think is promising im glad we went CB 1st round. I did not want nelson. although i think hes going to b dominant and a great safety in this league he would not have helped us this year and may be not at all depending on how wilson and demps play. revis would have been nice- but ross is a good pick also

bigbluedefense
04-30-2007, 09:35 PM
I think the fact that we are exploring many options for LT speaks volumes of how low Reese and Coughlin viewed Staley.

They weren't the only ones.

I think he sucks. There is not one single aspect to his game that impressed me at all. I think he's gonna be a bust.

Forenci
04-30-2007, 11:04 PM
I think Staley is a boom or bust, leaning towards the bust portion.

He is extremely athletic and could develop, but I could easily seem him being a bust.

I think one of the main reasons a lot of 'experts' gave us a bad grade was because we passed on him. That and the fact they didn't know our plans with Kiwi at SAM.

Number 10
05-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Forgot to put this here....I made a mock pick before every iants selection as if I were the decision maker for every round. I did not change any picks after I saw how everything panned out, the pick was set in stone. Tell me what you think-

1-Aaron Ross-CB-Texas

2-Brian Leonard-FB-Rutgers

3-John Wendling-FS-Wyoming

4-Zak DeOssie-LB-Brown

5-Ben Patrick-TE-Delaware

6-Mike Otto-OT-Purdue

7-Chansi Stuckey-WR-Clemson

7-Tim Duckworth-G-Auburn

Forenci
05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Very nice Number 10. Wouldn't have minded that, except the Leonard pick of course. Otherwise, good stuff. Pretty similar. I figured we'd take Chris Houston in the first, but I'm quite glad we didn't, because like I said, he's a boom or bust which I dislike.

hugegmenfan
05-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Forgot to put this here....I made a mock pick before every iants selection as if I were the decision maker for every round. I did not change any picks after I saw how everything panned out, the pick was set in stone. Tell me what you think-

1-Aaron Ross-CB-Texas

2-Brian Leonard-FB-Rutgers

3-John Wendling-FS-Wyoming

4-Zak DeOssie-LB-Brown

5-Ben Patrick-TE-Delaware

6-Mike Otto-OT-Purdue

7-Chansi Stuckey-WR-Clemson

7-Tim Duckworth-G-Auburn

its ok. despise the leonard pick of course- too early for wendling.

BigBlue58KiperIII
05-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Nice job Number 10, the Leonard pick was logical if you were thinking of what we might do considering the Rutgers connection, Wendling was a steal later in the draft but i wouldnt have been mad with him there, good call with DeOssie I figured once we turned in the pick so fast, but good call and I was just waiting for us to grab Patrick since the fourth round on but am very happy with the Boss pick.