PDA

View Full Version : So its already begun

ShutDwn
08-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Behemoth Maake Kemoeatu, the teamís largest player at 6-foot-6 and 345 pounds, was carted off the field Monday morning and team officials confirmed last night he tore his Achillies tendon. There has been no decision yet as to whether to put him on injured reserve, but he's likely done for the season.

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=1118

The patented injury plagued season following a good season is upon us already, starting at one of our weakest positions.

ShutDwn
08-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Steve Smith went down with a shoulder injury in practice, MRI negative, but we don't know how long he will be out.

Foxy sure has this down, I don't know how he does it.

Geo
08-10-2009, 08:46 PM
The patented injury plagued season following a good season is upon us already
I didn't even realize this until reading it from you just now, but wow, that could be dead on. 97 after 96, 04 after 03, 06 after 05. All of those teams finished either 7-9 or 8-8 and missed the playoffs.

D-Unit
08-10-2009, 08:47 PM
He'll be fine. Results were negative.

SchizophrenicBatman
08-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I didn't even realize this until reading it from you just now, but wow, that could be dead on. 97 after 96, 04 after 03, 06 after 05. All of those teams finished either 7-9 or 8-8 and missed the playoffs.

yea this is a well known phenomenon in the Carolinas. As soon as Joke Delhomme ended our season last year we started preparing for the grand ol' 7-9 to follow

Geo
08-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Well the NFC South division winner trend ended last year with Carolina winning it over Atlanta, it's only a matter of time before that trend comes to an end. Maybe this is the year.

But that is kind of eerie.

ShutDwn
08-12-2009, 11:24 AM
He'll be fine. Results were negative.

Yeah, I wasn't too worried about him, though if he were gone, we would have been screwed.

Kemoeatu being out is a MASSIVE injury in every way. We were okay against the run with him but we were bad without him.

It is in a Panther fans nature to be highly cynical following a good season (despite the ending), and if they aren't, then I question how long they have followed the Panthers.