PDA

View Full Version : Brag about your team's training camp

D-Unit
08-06-2009, 09:02 PM
This is different from the Training Camp Update thread that has injuries, contract talk, worries, etc etc.

Just Brag Baby. Bring it!!!

Sorry Lions fans. Didn't mean to leave you out by starting this thread.

BlindSite
08-06-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm getting a serious broner from hearing about the offense. Returning one of the best offensive lines in the NFL completely and giving a great tandem the chance to dominate once again makes me happy face.

Smith and Muhummad haven't missed a beat and if Jarrett becomes anything like he showed he could be last season the receivers should compliment the backs nicely.

Kemo going down as overrated or as underrated as anyone pins him means that this year, Carolina is either going to need to find some amazing "OMFG Who the hell is this dude?" DT off waivers or on the Roster or Meeks will run a platoon and some come up with some master stroke of a plan to cement his place as one of the NFL's better defensive coaches (I'm not holding my breath on either) In fact I think we're going to struggle without kemo and be very offense centric.

Brayton's been moving inside on passing downs which is promising since an obvious passing situation with Peppers, Lewis, Brayton, Johnson/Brown could be a nice thing to see.

Munnerlyn could prove to be a huge steal in the coming weeks if early indications are a showing of the future.

Gary Barnidge is coming along nicely.

Obviously this is all homer, bragging crap and is to be taken with a grain of salt. I'm guessing that's the point of the thread?

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-06-2009, 09:33 PM
well we have Drew Brees and you don't so suck on that Dolphins.

i'm getting erections left and right about hearing the defense causing turnovers. i can't wait for the preseason.

Thumper
08-06-2009, 09:57 PM
A bragging thread?

DeSean Jackson will own the NFL (proven fact).

Shady McCoy is doing fantastic and will see a lot of playing time.

Jeremy Maclin came in and didn't seem to be missing a beat surprisingly, I guess that time in Arizona with McNabb really put him ahead of the game. He has been flashing great hands, deep threat ability and he is making end-zone grabs. He is however struggling with beating the jam.

Brian Westbrook is very far ahead of schedule, as is Stacy Andrews.

Winston Justice is showing that he is a decent RT, I know, whodathunkit? He has shown some fight as well getting in like 3-4 fights already.

Bunkley, Patterson and Cole are owning. Watch out because that means trouble for opponents if they get going.

Joe Mays is a monster, if it moves he hits it and hits it HARD. No one will ever question his hitting ability and he is showing he is decent in coverage and he is displaying great instincts and once he is in front of you you're not getting away no matter how many fancy moves you try to pull on him and Shady is learning that the hard way.

Celek is a big time sleeper this year, grab him because he is showing himself to be a great safety valve over the middle for McNabb.

Ingram is incredibly athletic.

Quintin Demps is also athletic and he makes a ton of plays in the back of the defense. Not to mention he isn't one dimensional like last year, he is hitting and he actually knocked Kevin Curtis out of practice for a day and half.

Quintin Mikell is great, that is all.

Asante Samuel is doing fantastic out there.

Thats pretty much all the bragging I got. Shawn Andrews and Jason Peters need to get on the field.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-06-2009, 10:00 PM
We're so good, our first round picks don't even need to show up.

OzTitan
08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
From the impressions I've read, the addition of Washington and Cook to the Titans offense has been making for some impressive shows of offensive speed. Washington is apparently catching almost everything thrown his way. Wonder if he was similarly impressive in Steelers camps? Cook is looking like a rookie possessed out there from what I've read.

Lavelle Hawkins is also apparently showing some good signs, although throughout the years, so did Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, and Courtney Roby, not to mention Calico, in camp environments.

trkaline
08-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Oh yea? Well my training camp can beat up your training camp...

RaiderNation
08-06-2009, 10:15 PM
DHB ran a fast 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raiders FTW

OzTitan
08-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Oh yea? Well my training camp can beat up your training camp...

The Titans training camp is so ill, it's got AIDS scared to catch it.

DoughBoy
08-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Jared Cook just got inducted into the hall of fame.

BeerBaron
08-06-2009, 10:33 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/06/orton-hears-a-boo/

I'm sure glad this guy ISN'T in Bears camp....

vidae
08-06-2009, 10:34 PM
DHB ran a fast 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raiders FTW

Haha, that made me laugh.

Haven't heard anything big out of Chiefs camp except that Cassel and Bowe look to be on the same page already, which is pretty important. Not much else getting out that is either important or exciting. Go us!

T-RICH49
08-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Haha, that made me laugh.

Haven't heard anything big out of Chiefs camp except that Cassel and Bowe look to be on the same page already, which is pretty important. Not much else getting out that is either important or exciting. Go us!

Haley finally snapped at Darling today for lining up wrong.so that was entertaining to read

Basileus777
08-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Ryan Succup is a ******* tall kicker.

M.O.T.H.
08-06-2009, 11:03 PM
All your Gamecock draft picks are steals, I tell you. Just listen to these rave reviews for Cap, Jared Cook, and Succop. oh snap.

As for the Cowboys...Sam Hurd baby! woot woot! Unstoppable in camp.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/pt/photos/2008/08/080803_NS_03BoysO.jpg
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_images/138808/46981_Cowboys_Camp_Football.jpg

He did catch that^

holt_bruce81
08-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Don't even know if Rams fans can brag about anything. Donnie Avery will be a stud Receiver in this league.

PoopSandwich
08-06-2009, 11:08 PM
I got robiskie and joe thomas to sign a calendar today... woo...

Smooth Criminal
08-06-2009, 11:08 PM
From everything I'm hearing in camp, I'm expecting the Steelers defense to be BETTER this year than last year. Hampton and Keisel in contract years, Hood cracking the DE rotation, Timmons taking Foote's spot, young corners William *** and Kennan Lewis stepping up big time. I'm expecting great things from this unit.

Add that to whats coming from the offense and I'll be dissapointed with anything less than a superbowl. The receivers have been said to look amazing, Heath just got locked up, the runningbacks are finally healthy. If we can get our running game back this team could be downright scary.

And the best news. Sepulveda is back punting and booming the ball consistently between 60-70 yards. Much better than the 20 yard punts we dealt with while he was gone.

I can't wait for football.

kalbears13
08-06-2009, 11:21 PM
I got robiskie and joe thomas to sign a calendar today... woo...

= Superbowl!

the decider13
08-06-2009, 11:26 PM
We're so good, our first round picks don't even need to show up.

Hey, Ayers showed up earlier and the weak and has been doing great. I read that he just dominates Harris physically all day. Royal has been fantastic, Doom seems alright and Clady is being Clady.

The rest of the team however:

Dawkins broke his hand
Knowshow still hasn't signed (Though he is close apparently)
Orton was booed at the Invesco Field practice today, as was Matt Prater.

Brent
08-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Josh Morgan is unstoppable.

CC.SD
08-06-2009, 11:40 PM

Vincent Jackson, also unstoppable.

08-06-2009, 11:42 PM

Count Chaz Schilens in this crowd.

kalbears13
08-06-2009, 11:43 PM

What would happen if they ran into each other on the street?

Sniper
08-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Every team is going 19-0 this year.

diabsoule
08-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Our secondary is going to be so good that Malcom Jenkins is just going to work on special teams, if he even signs.

Brent
08-07-2009, 12:29 AM
What would happen if they ran into each other on the street?

This:

http://thesamerowdycrowd.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/black-hole.jpg

Staubach12
08-07-2009, 01:12 AM
My team's training camp is hung like a horse.

MidwayMonster31
08-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Earl Bennett is awesome.

YAYareaRB
08-07-2009, 01:28 AM
I hear that Josh Morgan is aiming for a breakout season.

General Zod
08-07-2009, 01:35 AM
Our training camp was so good, the Arena league commissioner was there, and after he watched a practice, he was like...

ok, just forget it, we cant top that ****, shut it down, we're done.

WMD
08-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Haven't read one bad thing about Stafford. Not playing like a rookie, supposedly has a quicker release. All sounds great so far.

Lions' Matthew Stafford lives up to hype on Day 1 (http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/08/lions_matthew_stafford_lives_u.html)
Stafford not making Lions’ decision easy (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Av3UmvTwHJ2IBX33XZzjx25DubYF?slug=ms-lionsqb080609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
Lions QB Matthew Stafford impresses OC Linehan (http://www.freep.com/article/20090805/SPORTS01/908050340/Lions-QB-Matthew-Stafford-impresses-OC-Linehan)

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-07-2009, 02:30 AM
Haven't read one bad thing about Stafford. Not playing like a rookie, supposedly has a quicker release. All sounds great so far.

Lions' Matthew Stafford lives up to hype on Day 1 (http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/08/lions_matthew_stafford_lives_u.html)
Stafford not making Lions’ decision easy (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Av3UmvTwHJ2IBX33XZzjx25DubYF?slug=ms-lionsqb080609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
Lions QB Matthew Stafford impresses OC Linehan (http://www.freep.com/article/20090805/SPORTS01/908050340/Lions-QB-Matthew-Stafford-impresses-OC-Linehan)
is he expected to start?

trkaline
08-07-2009, 03:57 AM
Spider-DWill doing it in training camp, stay healthy brudah

terribletowel39
08-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Hope that translates to real football. I just drafted him in a fantasy league as my sleeper.

wicket
08-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Our secondary is going to be so good that Malcom Jenkins is just going to work on special teams, if he even signs.

thats why i didnt like picking him as a corner at all, we have a fine starting pair with greer and porter and the #14 pick shouldnt be depth for an 8-8 team imo

Sniper
08-07-2009, 09:20 AM
thats why i didnt like picking him as a corner at all, we have a fine starting pair with greer and porter and the #14 pick shouldnt be depth for an 8-8 team imo

A third corner is no longer considered depth. It's a necessity. Especially considering he could eventually be a #1 corner or a starting FS.

wicket
08-07-2009, 09:25 AM
A third corner is no longer considered depth. It's a necessity. Especially considering he could eventually be a #1 corner or a starting FS.

randall *** is a fine third corner though. I would like to have jenkins starting at free safety, i didnt have a problem with the pick just the desire of the staff to have him play corner

trkaline
08-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Yesterday Snoop Dogg was at our training camp so suck it.

YAYareaRB
08-07-2009, 10:52 AM
We have one of the strongest WR groups we've had in years. That's not saying much but I'm getting prrretty excited

tjsunstein
08-07-2009, 11:17 AM
We have Jordy Nelson.

/thread

bigbluedefense
08-07-2009, 12:05 PM
fear this man

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/don_banks/05/05/2008.rookies/kenny-phillips.jpg

yn6iA9uuZQ4

keylime_5
08-07-2009, 12:13 PM
James Davis, D'Qwell Jackson, Shaun Rogers are sooo good. Everything else is bad. J/k, not really.

ThePudge
08-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Carson Palmer has appointed 6th Round rookie RB Bernard Scott the team's best rookie in camp and a fantastic change of pace back. Though Kenny Watson starts camp the #2 on the depth chart, with Scott at #4, don't be surprised if that flips itself by the second game of preseason or so. Scott's the real deal and should be a nice contributing factor for our offense until he does a line of coke off a stripper's ass then shoots a bartender.

wicket
08-07-2009, 12:29 PM
James Davis, D'Qwell Jackson, Shaun Rogers are sooo good. Everything else is bad. J/k, not really.

you've got BRADY QUINN, uber-god

Smooth Criminal
08-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Yesterday Snoop Dogg was at our training camp so suck it.

The same Snoop Dogg that claims to be a Steelers fan.

terribletowel39
08-07-2009, 12:46 PM
The same Snoop Dogg that claims to be a Steelers fan.
Inside info. ;) Don't give Snoop up.

Gay Ork Wang
08-07-2009, 12:47 PM
is this thread neccessary? :/

TitleTown088
08-07-2009, 12:51 PM
My team's training camp is hung like a horse.

Horses are hung like my team's training camp.

eaglesalltheway
08-07-2009, 01:08 PM
For the Eagles...

I've gone to 14 of the 16 pracices that were open to the public, so here is my view, some homerific, some not...

Donovan has looked good, looks much like he has in many camps throughout his career.

Kolb has looked alright, nothing too good or bad, very accurate, holds the ball too long.

Westbrook is out doing a lot of exceresizes, he will be ready for the season, and I'm sure if he was at his current level of health, and we were in a playoff run, he'd be playing.

LeSean McCoy is impressing people more than DeSean Jackson did last year. Has answered questions in every aspect of his game, including blocking. Right now he may be the star of camp, though there are plenty of players putting up arguments for it. I've only seen him drop one pass all camp, and his running abilities are defintiely there. I hate doing this, but the Eagles have a star in the making with Shady McCoy.

Leonard Weaver is a god. Does everything, as advertised. Great blocker, runner and receiver. One of the fan favorites at camp so far.

DeSean Jackson has been himself. He has further refined his abilities beating the jam, and has been seen throwing some defenders to the ground in some 1 on 1 drills. Expect him to be better than his rookie year.

Kevin Curtis has looked good. Had a thigh contusion, but came back and is showing what he can do. Hands are still great, has good quickness. As long as he is healthy, he should be a great option this year in the passing game.

Reggie Brown has impressed a lot of people. Not really myself though. He has looked good, but there are plenty of WRs in this camp doing just as well IMO. He has definitely imporved his hands though.

Jason Avant catches anything that he can smell, great route runner as always, very sharp. Expect him to make a big impact as the slot WR, much like he did last year.

Maclin has only been in for a few days, but he is doing well. He has excellent hands, has dropped just one pass that I saw, and he had made a great adjustment on an AJ Feeley throw to even get in position to make the catch. Defintiely needs to work on route running. He doesn't plant and his routes aren't nearly as sharp or crisp as some of our other WRs in camp, especially DeSean and Avant.

Hank Baskett had a tough start to camp, dropping A LOT of balls. He seems to be coming around a bit though.

Brandon Gibson has been impressive. Great route runner and great hands. Has good size as well. He may be making the coaches think extra hard about whether to keep him or Reggie Brown on the team. If they put him on their Practice squad, I am sure another team will pick him up.

One of the WRs I like that isn't getting attention is Brandon Robinson, a UDRFA from Boston College. He has a frame much like DeSean, a lot of fans confuse the two. But he has superb hands and is a great route runner, and has decent speed as well. I hope the team keeps him around, whether it be on the practice squad or in some other way like Injured reserve.

Brent Celek is also battling for the role of the star of camp. He has caught just about everything thrown to him, and as always, is a YAC machine. Has improved his blocking, though he still could improve a bit more. Blocking certainly isn't a strength of his...

Cornelius Ingram was incredible in the rookie and selected veterans portion of practice. He disappeared for a bit when the veterans and Celek showed up, but is once again showing that he has the potential to be an incredible player. Great hands and athletecism. Much better blocker than advertised, showed some great technique and nastiness in some drills.

Haven't seen much of Jason Peters, though he should be back practicing very soon, I've heard.

Todd Herremans has seen action at LT, RT, and his normal position LG. And is doing well in all of them. He was drving the van that Parker was in when he was arrested, but besides that, has had a typical camp for linemen, not hearing much from him. Watching him in drills though, I love his technique.

Jamaal Jackson has looked good. Nothing great, but good. Stacey Andrews is ahead of schedule, and will probably play in the preseason game next week, maybe only a little bit though, if the team decides to play it safe. Gets great push in the run game and is holding up well in pass protection.

Shawn Andrews has had back issues and hasn't been out there.

Nick Cole has looked real good, gets lots of PT at both Guard spots, same with Max Jean Gilles. Gilles had a rough start in some drills, but has pulled everything together and looks real nice out there.

Wisnton Justice is quietly having a very nice camp for the second stragiht year. Preseason games will really go to prove how well he is doing, but thus far, he has looked real good.

Our entire DL has looked great for the most part. Patterson looks like he could stand to lose a few LBs, but is playing well, though not as good as Bunk, Cole, Clemons, Howard, and Parker. Vioctor Abiamiri is close to coming back, as well as Trevor Laws.

Akeem Jordan is also having a great camp, which I haven't really talked about with my fellow Eagles fans. He seems to have solified his role as the starting WLB, and has made lots of plays.

Joe Mays has filled in well for Stewart Bradley. Don't get me confused, Mays is not as good as Bradley, but he is a big time run stuffer who has done pretty well in coverage. He will let up some receptions, but is in position to jar the ball loose or make the tackle right away...

Chris Gocong is looking very nice. He is continuing his run stuffing capabilities and is developing more of a pass rush, as well as improving in coverage. Gocong is abusign Tackles and skill plays in 1 on 1 drills for pass rushing. The only guy that is able to neutralize him is Leonard Weaver.

Quentin Mikell is doing what he does, make plays... everywhere. Not much to say other than to expect continued greatness from him.

Quentin Demps has secured his spot as the starting FS. Still a great ballhawk in the passing game, but is stepping up big time in the running game and as a blitzer. Making tons of plays...

Sean Jones is really coming on strong lately. Showign great ability both in coverage and at the LOS. Getting lots o pass break ups and INTs. We'll see a lot of 2 Safety sets with this set of guys.

Sheldon Brown is shutting people down in camp. Despite his issues with his contract, he is playing absolutely wonderful.

Asante is doing well. He'll make plays, and give them up, much like in the game. Does very well in 1 on 1s, but was beat REAL bad by Maclin. All he could do was laugh about it...

Joselio Hanson seems to have secured the nickel position. Doing very well in 1 on 1s and in "game" action.

Ellis Hobbs hasn't been very impressive to me, thgouh he is consistently doing a great job covering his man. Doesn't make a lot of plays, but doesn't allow too many either.

I know I covered about 2/3 of the roster, but whatever, take it for what its worth...

D-Unit
08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
is this thread neccessary? :/
Are you the designated "necessary thread" forum policeman?

Dallas Secondary is looking better than ever!!!

From BTB.com

I've noticed one important change in the secondary drills from last year. In Oxnard, the corners and safeties did a lot of sub-group work; the corners would work on backpedaling, cutting and reacting with Dave Campo. The safeties worked on positioning relative to the line of scrimmage, getting proper depth in zone coverage, reading run versus pass.

Not so this year. The secondary drills all integrate both corners and safeties and they work extensively, all of them, on reacting, cutting and meeting the ball at the receiver. It's also clear from the drills that the newbies at safety -- Sensabaugh, Ball and to a lesser extent, Brown -- can all run with their corner cousins. You don't see a dropoff in backpedal agility, cutting or acceleration from the safeties compared to the corners. I would say that Sensabaugh is one of the fastest DBs at accelerating forward out of a cut.

The safeties also have to take their turns in the one-on-one coverage drills against the top receivers. They're all d-backs now. The safeties don't get the luxury of squaring off against tight ends. Today, I saw Sensabaugh take several reps against Williams. Roy beat him (he beat everybody today) but Sensabaught wasn't a pushover. He was always within arms reach of the ball. Dallas would not have tried this were Roy L. Williams still the starter.

The benefits of throwing all the d-backs into the coverage deep end could be seen in the final drill of the day, where the offense started at its own 30 and ran a two minute, no huddle drill (picking up work on the packages that were installed this morning).

Romo had two drives, Kitna had two drives and Stephen McGee had one. All moved from the offenses end to about the defense's 20 or 25 every time. Here, defending a short field, the defense stopped the offense -- every single time. The passing windows shrank. The recovery speed was evident. Looking for a big potential positive for the '09 defense, here it is. All of them, the corners and the safeties, can cover.

WATCH OUT!!!

Staubach12
08-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Earl Bennett is awesome.

How is he doing?

Gay Ork Wang
08-08-2009, 12:17 PM
he is supposedly doing great and improved alot after getting through the playbook. I think he is pretty much set as the #2 WR

Da-Phins
08-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Ricky and Ronnie has been beasting it. Look bigger, stronger and faster then ever. Should be a scary tandem with an improved, more physical Oline.

Ted Ginn is looking like he is gonna have a breakout year. Running good routes, using that speed of his to fly past guys and catching everything his way.

Patrick Turner and Brian Hartline has been pure studs. Making plays everyday. Turner has even made some plays against Will Allen who is our best corner and one of the most underrated cover corners in the NFL. So to all the draft experts who called out the Dolphins on drafting those two..SUCK ON THAT!

JT is JT out there. Putting alot of pressure on the QB and getting sacks.

Channing Crowder is actually making impact plays daily and is everywhere around the ball.

Cam Wake who was the most dominating defensive player in the CFL for the past two years is starting to turn some heads. Applying good pressure and is improving day by day. A physical freak of nature.

Brent
08-08-2009, 01:13 PM
according to eaglesalltheway, the entire Eagles roster has looked awesome. no one looks bad.

VernonLawson89
08-08-2009, 02:08 PM

Agreed

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0clW0pp2Ia6VU/610x.jpg

eaglesalltheway
08-08-2009, 02:57 PM
according to eaglesalltheway, the entire Eagles roster has looked awesome. no one looks bad.

Not entirely, but since this is the brag thread, I bragged...

I'm not going to come in with training camp stats, lol, and I'm not going to put out negative info in a thread that says "Brag" in the title...

Of course there are some negatives. Our #2 O-line has been getting killed by the #1 D-Line and LBs.

We may not have a #3RB worthy to be on the roster.

Now, with Ingram's injury, our TE depth in almost non-existent.

Mike Patterson Looks too fat...

I honestly could go on and on with things I've seen that I don't like as well, but unless someone puts up a thread about the things in TC that the teams are ******* up on, I'll keep that info to myself, lol.

d34ng3l021
08-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Matt Ryan has been looking good checking down passes to the RB and connecting with Tony Gonzalez (in the mock game today, he threw to Gonzo 3 times straight and Gonzo had 4 catches for 40 yards and a TD). Last year, Ryan completed 22% of his passes to RBs and TEs, when guys like Rivers and Brees had that percentage around 30. With more passes to safety blanket Gonzalez and check downs, expect Ryan's completion percentage to jump to around the 65%-68% area.

Brent
08-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Issac Bruce said he's having the best off-season of his life. He's taken part in every single off-season program activity, too; including, Singletary's "nutcracker" drill.

Calvin & Kevin
08-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Gunther Cunningham has installed 40 blitz packages one week into camp. So the Lions defense might still suck, but it's going to suck in entirely new and different ways if so.

Stafford is expected to start by everyone who has been watching him, but Schwartz maintains the decision won't be made until at least preseason week 2 or so. Stafford will get serious time this year though, there's no doubting that. There's preseason hype on guys - and as a Lions fan, I know all about preseason hype - but what Stafford is getting is above and beyond.

Brent
08-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Gunther Cunningham has installed 40 blitz packages one week into camp. So the Lions defense might still suck, but it's going to suck in entirely new and different ways if so.

Stafford is expected to start by everyone who has been watching him, but Schwartz maintains the decision won't be made until at least preseason week 2 or so. Stafford will get serious time this year though, there's no doubting that. There's preseason hype on guys - and as a Lions fan, I know all about preseason hype - but what Stafford is getting is above and beyond.
even if he is looking good, I'd still let him ride the pine for a couple weeks. no point in rushing him in, since it isnt like the Lions are going to win 10 games or something.

senormysterioso
08-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Agreed

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0clW0pp2Ia6VU/610x.jpg

to be fair...Jarrett Bush is not able to stop...any one, from doing anything.

Gridiron
08-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Sanchez is starting to pull away victorious in the QB competition.

Gholston is finally showing up.

The entire secondary has been dominant.

cvv84
08-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Every team is going 19-0 this year.

Chuck Norris will lose every game but the Superbowl.

gpngc
08-08-2009, 09:14 PM
even if he is looking good, I'd still let him ride the pine for a couple weeks. no point in rushing him in, since it isnt like the Lions are going to win 10 games or something.

What's the point of sitting him? They may very well stink again in which case it's far more beneficial for the future of your franchise to give the kid real game experience and allow him to gel with the team rather than throw Culpepper out there for no reason. If you struggle in your first career action and then don't have the mental toughness to learn from that adversity and be better because if it then you probably aren't going to make it in the league anyway.

People always say "well look at Aaron Rodgers" and I am of the belief that Aaron Rodgers (and those who took similar paths of sitting for a year or two) would have been the same player had he gotten roughed up in his rookie year. The bottom line is we'll never know how they would have fared if they were "thrown into the fire" but my feeling is that good players will always get better from adversity.

j05son
08-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Rogers a bit offside...penalty lap proceeds.

GLdHOeC2vJo

j05son
08-09-2009, 01:31 AM
Rogers a bit offside...penalty lap proceeds.

GLdHOeC2vJo

apparently when he rounded the corner of the other end zone a fan yelled, "We love you Shaun!"

Rogers replied in jest, "No ****."

BlindSite
08-09-2009, 02:00 AM
That's awesome.

Brent
08-09-2009, 10:34 AM
What's the point of sitting him? They may very well stink again in which case it's far more beneficial for the future of your franchise to give the kid real game experience and allow him to gel with the team rather than throw Culpepper out there for no reason. If you struggle in your first career action and then don't have the mental toughness to learn from that adversity and be better because if it then you probably aren't going to make it in the league anyway.

People always say "well look at Aaron Rodgers" and I am of the belief that Aaron Rodgers (and those who took similar paths of sitting for a year or two) would have been the same player had he gotten roughed up in his rookie year. The bottom line is we'll never know how they would have fared if they were "thrown into the fire" but my feeling is that good players will always get better from adversity.
If their line isn't good (I dont know if it is) then he's going to really struggle and that could ruin his confidence, create poor habits, or get him banged up from too many sacks. Unless he's looking great in preseason games and tearing practice apart, I would be weary about starting him from day one. But that is just my opinion.

Brent
08-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Rogers replied in jest, "No ****."
if that's true, I would like to applaud Rogers.

wonderbredd24
08-09-2009, 04:15 PM
WR Mohammed Massaquoi may actually be slightly ahead of WR Brian Robiskie. He's hardly consistent, but he is making plays in camp. This is news only because of the fact that Brian Robiskie was thought to be so NFL ready and is having a fine camp himself. I think this has less to do with Robiskie struggling and more to do with Massaquoi succeeding.

Braylon Edwards has reportedly not dropped a "catchable" ball since he's been at camp. The Browns might have a pretty good WR core this year.

CC.SD
08-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Are you the designated "necessary thread" forum policeman?

Dallas Secondary is looking better than ever!!!

From BTB.com

I've noticed one important change in the secondary drills from last year. In Oxnard, the corners and safeties did a lot of sub-group work; the corners would work on backpedaling, cutting and reacting with Dave Campo. The safeties worked on positioning relative to the line of scrimmage, getting proper depth in zone coverage, reading run versus pass.

Not so this year. The secondary drills all integrate both corners and safeties and they work extensively, all of them, on reacting, cutting and meeting the ball at the receiver. It's also clear from the drills that the newbies at safety -- Sensabaugh, Ball and to a lesser extent, Brown -- can all run with their corner cousins. You don't see a dropoff in backpedal agility, cutting or acceleration from the safeties compared to the corners. I would say that Sensabaugh is one of the fastest DBs at accelerating forward out of a cut.

The safeties also have to take their turns in the one-on-one coverage drills against the top receivers. They're all d-backs now. The safeties don't get the luxury of squaring off against tight ends. Today, I saw Sensabaugh take several reps against Williams. Roy beat him (he beat everybody today) but Sensabaught wasn't a pushover. He was always within arms reach of the ball. Dallas would not have tried this were Roy L. Williams still the starter.

The benefits of throwing all the d-backs into the coverage deep end could be seen in the final drill of the day, where the offense started at its own 30 and ran a two minute, no huddle drill (picking up work on the packages that were installed this morning).

Romo had two drives, Kitna had two drives and Stephen McGee had one. All moved from the offenses end to about the defense's 20 or 25 every time. Here, defending a short field, the defense stopped the offense -- every single time. The passing windows shrank. The recovery speed was evident. Looking for a big potential positive for the '09 defense, here it is. All of them, the corners and the safeties, can cover.

WATCH OUT!!!

So let's say, if we were ranking the decade's best secondaries... :)

SenorGato
08-09-2009, 10:56 PM
- Our coach and newly drafted QB are shiny, new, and can do no wrong right now.

- Vernon Gholston is looking good lately.

- Darrelle Revis.

- Kellen Clemens also looks good, but you have to read the non-opinion part of the articles to get that. He can do tons of wrong since he was drafted by the idiot ex-coach and we have a newer, shinier QB.

- Our running game looks beast.

- Dustin Keller is going to be beast.

critesy
08-09-2009, 11:42 PM
jeremy jarmon and brian orakpo and albert haynesworth.

tjsunstein
08-10-2009, 03:10 PM
After two days off, this has been a subdued practice so far at Packers training camp. The first big cheer came during 11-on-11 drills after QB Matt Flynn threw long down the left sideline to WR Jordy Nelson for a TD. Nelson had a step or two on S Aaron Rouse.

Brent
08-11-2009, 09:02 AM
The Niners seem to think that Singletary's pet project, Ahmad Brooks, has a good chance to realize his potential while playing OLB, since he's having a great camp going against the starters since Haralson is not practicing.

BlindSite
08-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Brooks was scary talented before he developed a career critical case of retardation. Could be an interesting one to watch.

Jarrett has been looking vastly improved and funnily enough, all reports are stating the offensive line actually looks better than last year.