PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn tries cheating his way to the #1 QB spot

BeerBaron
08-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Hahaha....this is awesome.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4388546

Derek Anderson said the radio receiver in his helmet wasn't working Sunday, so he had to work with hand signals. Anderson said Brady Quinn, who was quarterbacking the White team, schooled White defenders on those hand signals, which made it harder for Anderson to work a drive filled with short passes...

Nice. He just might win now.

Giantsfan1080
08-11-2009, 10:39 PM
He should win, he's the better QB.

Brent
08-11-2009, 10:39 PM
it's a cut-throat league.

08-11-2009, 10:48 PM
He should win, he's the better QB.

He's even showing off some of that new found arm strength to boot.

TACKLE
08-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Greasy move by BQ.

diabsoule
08-11-2009, 11:30 PM
When I clicked on this I was expecting to read about Brady Quinn pulling a Tonya Harding on Derek Anderson.

sweetness34
08-11-2009, 11:36 PM
I really don't understand why there's much of a QB competition. The flashes Brady showed before he was injured I thought were enough to give him a serious edge going into Training Camp. Derek Anderson is not and never will be a franchise QB. Brady has the potential to be one. I say give him the keys and let him drive.

PalmerToCJ
08-11-2009, 11:57 PM
I still have no idea why the Browns didn't just trade Anderson.

With that said, well done Brady.

Thumper
08-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Wow... that is pure genius!

brat316
08-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Gotta do what ever it takes.

maybe he messed up Anderson's radio as well. Its was probably part of his grand old plan, to be starting qb.

CC.SD
08-12-2009, 01:18 AM
Great move, because Anderson looks like a whiny biotch.

Saints-Tigers
08-12-2009, 03:21 AM
Sounds like an excuse to me.

TitanHope
08-12-2009, 03:48 AM
Greasy move by BQ.

BBQ can be very greasey. Delicious, but greasey.

Go Brady Quinn! That's what winners do!

Seamus2602
08-12-2009, 04:19 AM
Then again, it could screw Brady Quinn over. Last time I checked, Mangini doesn't take it too well when the other team gains an advantage by knowing the signals.

Gay Ork Wang
08-12-2009, 04:40 AM
this is awesome

Thumper
08-12-2009, 04:48 AM
Then again, it could screw Brady Quinn over. Last time I checked, Mangini doesn't take it too well when the other team gains an advantage by knowing the signals.

no, its fine when his team does it but not when the other team does it to him. Remember he was A-OK with it when he was in New England.

Brothgar
08-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Gotta do what ever it takes.

maybe he messed up Anderson's radio as well. Its was probably part of his grand old plan, to be starting qb.

I think that teaching the D how to steal hand signals is not the best way to teach how to cheat considering who the head coach is...

Shiver
08-12-2009, 08:31 AM
This should score a lot of points with Mangini, considering he used to be with the Patriots.

Brothgar
08-12-2009, 08:33 AM
This should score a lot of points with Mangini, considering he used to be with the Patriots.

You mean the same Mangini who busted them for stealing signs?

Sniper
08-12-2009, 08:35 AM
If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.

gdamac
08-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Great guy, real quality individual.

DeepThreat
08-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Quite frankly, he may not even win the competition. Anderson has looked much better in camp.

FlyingElvis
08-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Goodell should suspend him for the entire season.

wonderbredd24
08-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Quite frankly, he may not even win the competition. Anderson has looked much better in camp.

If by much better, you mean it's been pretty even, then yes.

Prowler
08-12-2009, 11:01 AM
no wonder his teammates punch him in the face

AJHawk50
08-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Brady Quinn should be the starting QB for them this year, he has more upside and marketability.

Brent
08-12-2009, 11:47 AM
what would touchdown jesus do?

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
08-12-2009, 11:56 AM
AJ Hawk ***** your sister

wicket
08-12-2009, 11:57 AM
what would touchdown jesus do?

He always goes for six, now matter what. never seen the dude calling anything else

Nalej
08-12-2009, 12:16 PM
This is just funny.

Staubach12
08-12-2009, 12:24 PM
This is funny. But in all reality, I think most would agree that Brady Quinn deserves the job. More marketability, more pure talent, more potential, and you gave up so much to get him.

Brothgar
08-12-2009, 12:32 PM
This is funny. But in all reality, I think most would agree that Brady Quinn deserves the job. More marketability, more pure talent, more potential, and you gave up so much to get him.

Well if I'm the coach the best QB takes the job I don't give a toss about marketability or potential the better QB starts.

soybean
08-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Brady Quinn should be the starting QB for them this year, he has more upside and marketability.

with the *** community?

PoopSandwich
08-12-2009, 12:54 PM
I love how everyone is commenting on how ****** DA is and how amazing Brady Quinn is.

Throughout camp the word has been that DA has outplayed Quinn the entire time.

Staubach12
08-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Well if I'm the coach the best QB takes the job I don't give a toss about marketability or potential the better QB starts.

I also think as a coach you have to take into account which QB has the best chance to flourish in your offense, and who has the potential to be a big-time QB. That's Quinn.

soybean
08-12-2009, 01:01 PM

exactly. the best "marketability" is wins. now whoever gives them the best chance for these wins is another argument in and of itself.

Brothgar
08-12-2009, 01:05 PM
I also think as a coach you have to take into account which QB has the best chance to flourish in your offense, and who has the potential to be a big-time QB. That's Quinn.

Well I guess that's where you and me differ I wouldn't put Quinn out there until he has EARNED the spot.

keylime_5
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
BEREA, Ohio (AP) -- Eric Mangini says his Cleveland Browns quarterbacks are competing, not cheating.

The radio transmitter inside Derek Anderson's helmet wasn't working in a Sunday scrimmage, so he used hand signals to relay plays. Anderson joked after the scrimmage that Brady Quinn told the defense what all the signals meant.

Reporters at the scrimmage saw the two players laughing about it.

But that didn't head off several online reports suggesting Quinn was using underhanded tactics to win the starting job.

Mangini could only shake his head.

"Those guys are competitive and they're friends," Mangini said Wednesday. "The group is friendly and the game was competitive by nature. ... All I see them doing is supporting each other."

Anderson's team won, 17-14.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/08/12/browns.ap/index.html#ixzz0O2jgAGck

Well it was fun while it lasted.

BlindSite
08-12-2009, 04:25 PM
I still have no idea why the Browns didn't just trade Anderson.

With that said, well done Brady.

I agree get what you can for him before his value is nothing more than a 5th or 6th rounder and sign a veteran.

keylime_5
08-12-2009, 04:32 PM
B/C duh, I'd rather have Derek Anderson as a backup QB than a 5th or 6th round pick.

kalbears13
08-12-2009, 04:37 PM
I just got back from training camp today and they looked very friendly and playful together. Like best buds. Brady Quinn looked like he was working solely with the first offense today and DA with the second but that could change tomorrow. (I also got Quinn's autograph somehow through the crowd of screaming girls)

BeerBaron
08-12-2009, 04:41 PM
I just got back from training camp today and they looked very friendly and playful together. Like best buds. Brady Quinn looked like he was working solely with the first offense today and DA with the second but that could change tomorrow. (I also got Quinn's autograph somehow through the crowd of screaming girls)

Ha

That's rich.

keylime_5
08-12-2009, 04:44 PM

you mean youre not a screaming girl yourself?

kalbears13
08-12-2009, 04:59 PM
you mean youre not a screaming girl yourself?

No, I was. How do you think he saw me? :P

Staubach12
08-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Well I guess that's where you and me differ I wouldn't put Quinn out there until he has EARNED the spot.

I think he will in time. Ultimately, though, I think he's the future of that team.

wonderbredd24
08-12-2009, 05:56 PM
B/C duh, I'd rather have Derek Anderson as a backup QB than a 5th or 6th round pick.

Brett Ratliff is a perfectly good backup

Also

Browns QBs Derek Anderson dismissing his claim that QB Brady Quinn was stealing hand signals and providing them to the defense during Sunday's scrimmage: "It was all for fun and someone took it and ran with it. Obviously I have to be more careful with what I say."

Brothgar
08-12-2009, 06:51 PM
I think he will in time. Ultimately, though, I think he's the future of that team.

Which is great but till he does he must sit the bench.

j05son
08-12-2009, 08:46 PM
I love how everyone is commenting on how ****** DA is and how amazing Brady Quinn is.

Throughout camp the word has been that DA has outplayed Quinn the entire time.

Where did you get this info from? I've read nothing of this and have only read that neither is pulling ahead in the race.

PoopSandwich
08-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Where did you get this info from? I've read nothing of this and have only read that neither is pulling ahead in the race.

Maybe it wasn't worded correctly. Everytime I have read a report on training camp for a certain day it has been "Derek Anderson slightly outplayed Quinn today" I haven't read that Quinn has outplayed DA once, my point being that I don't get why everyone is basically raving about Quinn and saying he should instantly be the starter and how DA sucks yet Quinn cant even seem to pull away from DA in training camp.

keylime_5
08-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Brett Ratliff is a perfectly good backup

Also

Ratliff is a good backup. But Anderson is a good backup too, and is worth more than a 5th/6th. I'd rather have either a 4th rounder or better, or a veteran player in exchange. Bad value otherwise.

PoopSandwich
08-14-2009, 08:59 PM
I think Mangini is going to surprise alot of people and starts DA for this season, I haven't heard a single good thing about Quinn so far and at the training camps I went to he was constantly under-throwing deep balls and overthrowing short passes.

Don't take me as a DA guy or a Quinn guy w/e... I want the best QB to start. At this moment I believe DA gives us a better chance to win, therefore I would prefer if he starts.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
08-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Don't take me as a DA guy or a Quinn guy w/e... I want the best QB to start. At this moment I believe DA gives us a better chance to win, therefore I would prefer if he starts.

Which means you're a DA guy...

7-11
08-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Which means you're a DA guy...

Not really, he just wants whats best for his team, if DA is actually playing better at this point in time than that's who he wants.

A DA guy would want him no matter what just like nearly every Browns fan wants Quinn no matter what.

keylime_5
08-14-2009, 11:43 PM
I think Mangini is going to surprise alot of people and starts DA for this season, I haven't heard a single good thing about Quinn so far and at the training camps I went to he was constantly under-throwing deep balls and overthrowing short passes.

I think Anderson has to convincingly outperform Quinn in the preseason games for DA to start the season. DA has had 2 years as a starter and it's apparent so far that teams have figured him out. Accuracy and short passing has been a dreadful flaw for him, we know what we have with DA. Quinn has never been given a chance to prove himself. I think they'll give him the season to prove himself so they'll know exactly how the QB situation stands going into 2010. That's the whole reason the Cleveland media said before camp that the competition was just for show, by the book. DA has to really blow Quinn away.

Shiver
08-16-2009, 11:50 AM
I would worry about Braylon Edwards' stone hands more than the QB debate. It doesn't matter who is throwing it, if Edwards doesn't step up then the passing game won't be good enough anyway.

ChezPower4
08-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I would say that Brady may not have to cheat anymore. Anderson played awful against the Packers last night and Quinn looked pretty good outside of his one interception in the endzone that could have been avoided if Edwards hadn't dropped a TD pass the play before.

wonderbredd24
08-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Derek Anderson only looks good when everything around him goes perfectly.

When teams get pressure on him, he folds like a house of cards. He has no pocket awareness and his decision making is iffy. On top of that, his accuracy is mediocre. Supposedly, he's improved on the accuracy, but his pocket awareness is still bad as is his decision making as illustrated in the preseason game.

I also think Quinn is better in the huddle... Anderson just comes off as a space cadet.

If you ask me, it has always been Quinn's job to lose. He's much better on gameday than he is in practice.

kalbears13
08-17-2009, 12:59 AM
EDIT: Wrong thread.

holt_bruce81
08-17-2009, 02:55 AM
You know what they say......If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin.

phenomenal_waffles
08-17-2009, 04:37 AM
Brady Quinn should be the starting QB for them this year, he has more upsidelmao. I had to do a double take there.