PDA

View Full Version : The Official Matt Stafford Thread

no bare feet
08-12-2009, 01:20 PM
I think he will be amazing. Anyone else agree? : )

I want a minute by minute update as to what is going on with his life. I heard he is doing quite well during camp, but that is just camp. Good news is better than no news.

Prowler
08-12-2009, 06:20 PM
he's pretty much john elway, matt leinart, and jesus rolled into one supreme being. when he isn't busy with football he's partying with hot blondes and saving the state of michigan.

no bare feet
08-13-2009, 08:04 AM
What is he doing now?

Xiomera
08-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Who's Matt Stafford?

WMD
08-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Matt Stafford is the man.

Prowler
08-13-2009, 05:43 PM
he's using a yardstick right now to measure himself in the bathroom.

P-L
08-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Matthew Stafford > Me

WMD
08-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Matthew Stafford > Me
Sounded better when Jesus said it.

no bare feet
08-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Some of the throws he made in that game were very nice.

Xiomera
08-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Some of the throws he made in that game were very nice.

See Williams, Derrick touchdown, for reference.

Brothgar
08-20-2009, 10:11 AM
See Williams, Derrick touchdown, for reference.

Agreed I was pretty impressed I must say can't wait till the second pre season game where he can go against a real D and actually have more than 1.5 seconds in the pocket.

Oh BTW observe the hotness of my new sig.

no bare feet
08-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Gordon Beckham is the Bacon Slayer, I want to come up with a nickname for Stafford. I will be submitting them in this thread from time to time.

no bare feet
08-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Red Lion is the right arm member of Voltron.
Mutinus Mutunus God of fertility.
Terminus was the god of boundaries. Festival February 23.

D-Unit
08-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Gordon Beckham is the Bacon Slayer, I want to come up with a nickname for Stafford. I will be submitting them in this thread from time to time.
Staff Infection - Since he is a bacteria that will plague you for years.

mwahahahahaha.

Xiomera
08-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Staff Infection - Since he is a bacteria that will plague you for years.

mwahahahahaha.

KILL THE TROLL!

D-Unit
08-20-2009, 08:05 PM
KILL THE TROLL!
Yeah!!! Everybody, Gang up on Xio!!!!

mwuahahahahahaha!!!! :D

Xiomera
08-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Stafford even makes his interceptions look good.

hahaha

BRAVEHEART
08-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Stafford even makes his interceptions look good.

hahaha

Not to me, but I can't wait till he get's a chance to toss it to Megatron. We got some real bums at the posistion.

Brothgar
08-24-2009, 10:40 AM
It seems pretty obvious to me that pep will be starting the season.

Babylon
08-24-2009, 04:12 PM

As he should, Stafford needs to figure the pace of the pro game like everyone else who comes into the league. I think Ryan and Flacco were in just the right situations to succeed. Historically most of the great ones like Bradshaw, Elway and Aikman all had their growing pains early.

SINCE1978
08-28-2009, 06:31 PM

sig is sweet bro.

d34ng3l021
08-29-2009, 01:22 PM
As he should, Stafford needs to figure the pace of the pro game like everyone else who comes into the league. I think Ryan and Flacco were in just the right situations to succeed. Historically most of the great ones like Bradshaw, Elway and Aikman all had their growing pains early.

Yeah. I hope they bring him along like the Raiders did with Russell or Denver with Cutler. Once playoffs are out of reach and in the 2nd half of the season, Stafford should see some serious action against NFL defenses. He has the tools to make all the throws and now just needs to work on timing with receivers and interpreting defensive schemes.

I am a huge fan of him. Pettigrew is looking solid over the middle for Stafford, too. I think Stafford will be successful.

SINCE1978
08-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Yeah. I hope they bring him along like the Raiders did with Russell or Denver with Cutler. Once playoffs are out of reach and in the 2nd half of the season, Stafford should see some serious action against NFL defenses. He has the tools to make all the throws and now just needs to work on timing with receivers and interpreting defensive schemes.

I am a huge fan of him. Pettigrew is looking solid over the middle for Stafford, too. I think Stafford will be successful.

Really?

Russell/Oakland.
Cutler/Denver.

Not me.
Russell is an 0-4 start away from being replaced by Mr. NFL back-up extraordinaire Jeff Garcia and the Denver vs. Cutler experiment ... well landed him in Chicago.
I hope Matt Stafford plays from the jump and he struggles. Adversity increases our capacity so my wish is he learns the NFL ropes in the pocket and under the rear end of Dom Railoa, not on the sideline with a baseball hat and ear piece in!
He seems to have "it", that I agree with you ... so adversity and losing can be shoulder by this young rising star. DO NOT baby him. He is not a china doll who will break. Play him, build the needed chemistry with Megatron & Pettigrew and watch him grow.

Xiomera
09-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Stafford to Calvin is pretty freaking sexy today.

Brothgar
09-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Stafford to Calvin is pretty freaking sexy today.

Dizzam I think Calvin is a sex god and he makes me happy in my no no place.

WMD
09-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Dizzam I think Calvin is a sex god and he makes me happy in my no no place.
Calvin made my no no place become my yes yes place.

Brothgar
09-03-2009, 06:10 PM
and there is the other matt stafford

WMD
09-03-2009, 06:12 PM
and there is the other matt stafford
I don't think that's really on Stafford. I would've liked to see him just let that go though. He could've been injured :(

Halsey
09-03-2009, 07:42 PM
There is a good side to Stafford making mistakes in his first preseason: He can be overconfident at times. Better that he eats a little humble pie now and hopefully learns from it. He's probably always going to be a QB who takes a lot of risks. Don't be surprised if he throws a lot of INT's this year. He's got that Brett Favre-Jay Cutler mentality.

P-L
09-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Looking at the Jets' offensive line give Mark Sanchez all ******* day to throw makes me jealous. Why can't we have an offensive line like that?

Babylon
09-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Looking at the Jets' offensive line give Mark Sanchez all ******* day to throw makes me jealous. Why can't we have an offensive line like that?

Four former 1st round picks, highest paid O-line in the league. There is usually a reason for good lines.

SINCE1978
09-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Four former 1st round picks, highest paid O-line in the league. There is usually a reason for good lines.

Being devil's advocate here ... but OUR Detroit Lions O-line have three former 1st round picks (Backus, Cherilus & Pettigrew) and a 2nd (Railoa) & 3rd rounder (Peterman). Not sure where their pay ranks but those are pretty high draft picks.

georgiafan
09-05-2009, 09:58 PM
I think it's safe to say that everyone around here now believes me when I tried telling them how much UGA will miss Stafford. Only scoring 10 points agianst a big 12 defense shows how much Stafford carried the team on his back last year.

SINCE1978
09-07-2009, 06:22 PM
I think it's safe to say that everyone around here now believes me when I tried telling them how much UGA will miss Stafford. Only scoring 10 points agianst a big 12 defense shows how much Stafford carried the team on his back last year.

I'm a Stafford fan but Knowshon Moreno had a TON to do with that as well.

Regardless, congratulations Matthew Stafford on being named the starter so early against New Orleans in week 1. Wow, the future is NOW.

WMD
09-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Matt Stafford is getting an early start on the Ironman Streak. Brett Favre is goin down in 16 years!

Just something to depress everyone here. As long as Stafford turns out, and plays say.. 15/16 years.. How old will you be when Matt Stafford decides to hang it up?

I will be.................................... 40. How depressing is that? Matt Stafford's career is gonna lead me right into my mid-life crisis.

Addict
09-08-2009, 02:07 AM
Matt Stafford is getting an early start on the Ironman Streak. Brett Favre is goin down in 16 years!

Just something to depress everyone here. As long as Stafford turns out, and plays say.. 15/16 years.. How old will you be when Matt Stafford decides to hang it up?

I will be.................................... 40. How depressing is that? Matt Stafford's career is gonna lead me right into my mid-life crisis.

I'll be in my late thirties. I could combine the two and blame Stafford for my midlife crisis.

But in all seriousness. Stafford is gonna play for 25 years. Easily.

Brothgar
09-08-2009, 09:37 AM
mortreport Bradford's positives: accuracy (big deal), touch, size & strong character. Bottom line: think Stafford would've been first, no matter what.about 3 hours ago from web

Its seems like The Mort says Stafford is better than Bradford.

Prowler
09-08-2009, 08:22 PM

i'll be 7 months ahead of you. maybe stafford will have retired twice by then

d34ng3l021
09-08-2009, 08:47 PM
We will probably see a poor version of Manning's rookie season out of him; lots of bright spots along with lots of mistakes (i see Sanchez having a poorer version of Roethlisberger's rookie campaign).

I had my doubts about how he would fare if he started game 1, but if for nothing else, Stafford should begin to develop a chemistry with Megatron deep and Pettigrew over the middle.

Babylon
09-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Troy Aikman was 0-11 as a rookie starter but they started laying the foundation there for a great franchise run. I would be less worried about Matthew Stafford long term and more worried about the team they surround him with.

no bare feet
09-09-2009, 07:45 AM
The Lions regardless of draft position must go LT or DE next year. Matt Stafford names starter. It is such a 50/50 decision that could set the franchise back ever worse than it is (if that is possible) or set them up for a decent future.

Brothgar
09-09-2009, 08:59 AM
The Lions regardless of draft position must go LT or DE next year. Matt Stafford names starter. It is such a 50/50 decision that could set the franchise back ever worse than it is (if that is possible) or set them up for a decent future.

The DT position says Hi I suck balls.

ironman4579
09-09-2009, 09:14 AM

If he played 15 years, I'd be 45. Sad.

Babylon
09-09-2009, 01:30 PM

I'm going to say you have a better chance of finding a good DE in rounds 2 though whatever. Drafting a LT directly or indirectly improves your two best players, Johnson and Stafford.

tblain1
09-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Troy Aikman was 0-11 as a rookie starter but they started laying the foundation there for a great franchise run. I would be less worried about Matthew Stafford long term and more worried about the team they surround him with.

Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning are the only QBs in the last 20 or so years that I can think of that started as early as Stafford on such a bad team and ended up being successful long term.

There is a longer list of failures.

So yeah...hopefully Mayhew can put together a team like Jones did in Dallas.

no bare feet
09-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Victory!!!!!!!!

georgiafan
10-04-2009, 07:49 PM
He seems to be headed in the right direction and hopefully will be back in a week or 2.

Addict
10-04-2009, 08:06 PM
He seems to be headed in the right direction and hopefully will be back in a week or 2.

yeah he looks like he'll be allright thank god.

10-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Today was another major step in the right direction and he should continue cutting down on those mental errors that have expectedly plagued him in these first few career starts.

Chemistry with his receivers is coming through a lot earlier into the developmental process than even I would've anticipated. Itís fairly easy to see what differentiates his progression from that of other young, raw QBs, and thatís also a willingness to take shots downfield when the defense allows for it. Itís that same gunslinger mentality that provided Cutler with such success early on as well.

We could now see why itís extra critical to get top picks signed before camp, or in his case before the draft, and heís yet another testament to it.

Hopefully he'll be able to return to action in a couple of weeks because he's obviously cemented himself as an impact player towards the team's evolvement this season.

P-L
10-04-2009, 08:33 PM
He's definitely improving. Last two games:

45/72 (63%), 537 yards, 7.5 yards per attempt, 2 TD, 1 INT

ironman4579
10-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Might be a dislocated kneecap...........................

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81322473&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Prowler
10-05-2009, 11:07 AM
no problem. put him on the sidelines for a game or two. keep him hungry and wanting more. if we play horribly then it'll just give him more inner drive when he gets back. plus it'll give daunte something to do.

Babylon
10-05-2009, 02:22 PM
He looked pretty good afterwards on the sideline so who knows when he'll be ready to go, let me know if any new news.

This might be a good time for him to step back for a week or two and just get a differant perspective and let Daunte get beat up for a few rounds.

Funny how it took Staff to get to the pros to actually have to come out of a game with an injury. He took a lot harder shots than that behind an inexperienced line at UGA. I'll hold off on any O-line jokes with this bunch.

WMD
10-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Funny how it took Staff to get to the pros to actually have to come out of a game with an injury. He took a lot harder shots than that behind an inexperienced line at UGA. I'll hold off on any O-line jokes with this bunch.
It'd be a joke to call them an O-Line.

Halsey
10-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I've dislocated my kneecap before playing b-ball. Really painful, but not that bad of an injury as long as it pops back in and there's no other damage.

ironman4579
10-06-2009, 08:30 AM
I think I just saw on the bottom scroll on NFL network that team officials are expecting him back after the bye week. Sounds pretty good actually. Let Daunte get beat up by the Steelers and Packers.

georgiafan
10-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Yeah no need to rush him back agianst the steelers if he isn't going to be 100%.

SINCE1978
10-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Not to be doom and gloom but we should lose the next 2 games even with our most talented line up on the field. Sucks, but true. If it's possible, sit him ... rest the knee, give Daunte his chance to show he can be a starter in this league again, like the Schwartz has been talking.

noondog
10-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Is it just me, or does some sort of conspiracy exist where Matthew Stafford cannot win a rookie of the week award? IMO, he was better than Sanchez in week 3 while leading the Lions to their first victory in 20 weeks and he's not even in the top 5 this week despite throwing for nearly 300 yds and having a QB rating around the mid-80's.

I know I'm a homer, but seriously....

ironman4579
10-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Is it just me, or does some sort of conspiracy exist where Matthew Stafford cannot win a rookie of the week award? IMO, he was better than Sanchez in week 3 while leading the Lions to their first victory in 20 weeks and he's not even in the top 5 this week despite throwing for nearly 300 yds and having a QB rating around the mid-80's.

Don't fans vote on that? If so, how often do you think one of our guys is going to win it after we just went 0-16? People just assume everyone on our team sucks........................

P-L
10-07-2009, 02:48 PM
IMO, he was better than Sanchez in week 3 while leading the Lions to their first victory in 20 weeks and he's not even in the top 5 this week despite throwing for nearly 300 yds and having a QB rating around the mid-80's.

No, I think it's pretty much a fact that Stafford has been better than Sanchez these past two weeks. Just don't tell ESPN that...

WMD
10-07-2009, 04:06 PM
No, I think it's pretty much a fact that Stafford has been better than Sanchez these past two weeks. Just don't tell ESPN that...
But Stafford isn't in New York!

Brothgar
10-07-2009, 05:21 PM

You still watch ESPN?

noondog
10-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Don't fans vote on that? If so, how often do you think one of our guys is going to win it after we just went 0-16? People just assume everyone on our team sucks........................

Agreed, but to not even be nominated in the top 5 this week is pretty bogus considering the other 5's stats. You would think that the NFL would want to pimp at least one of Sanchez or Stafford on a week-by-week basis if they can, as they are probably the two most players the NFL pimped the most heading into the draft.

WMD
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Agreed, but to not even be nominated in the top 5 this week is pretty bogus considering the other 5's stats. You would think that the NFL would want to pimp at least one of Sanchez or Stafford on a week-by-week basis if they can, as they are probably the two most players the NFL pimped the most heading into the draft.
I'd say it was Aaron Curry and Mark Sanchez.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
10-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Crap, Stafford going back to see Dr. Andrews this week. His knee swelled up again. He he needs surgery he is done for the year. I hope we don't have our usual Lions luck with this one. If not our season next year is greatly affected.

Prowler
10-18-2009, 11:55 AM
well i doubt its anything that would take an entire year of rehab, it's not like he shredded his knee like culpepper. hopefully any surgery would just be minor cleanup stuff that would only take a month or 2. hopefully the doc just tells him to rest for 2 weeks.

SINCE1978
10-18-2009, 01:19 PM
If Stafford can return after the bye (assuming CJ is healthy) it is very possible the Lions could win 3 of 4 games. I know, I know, getting ahead of myself ... and those are 2 "if's" about CJ & MS health but Rams, Seahawks & Browns could all result in W's if we have the 1st team arsenal. If not, our back-ups are awful, all bets off.

tblain1
10-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Crap, Stafford going back to see Dr. Andrews this week. His knee swelled up again. He he needs surgery he is done for the year. I hope we don't have our usual Lions luck with this one. If not our season next year is greatly affected.

I wouldnt call this luck. I would say this is expected. Luck assumes chance.

P-L
10-18-2009, 09:03 PM
I hope Stafford doesn't need surgery, but if he does he better have it. No gambling with our franchise player. I don't want to see him try and rehab the knee if the doctors suggest surgery.

WMD
10-18-2009, 11:34 PM
I hope Stafford doesn't need surgery. Today's game was real painful to watch and it makes me wonder how anyone thought Jason Smith or Aaron Curry would have been good picks for us.

tblain1
10-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I hope Stafford doesn't need surgery. Today's game was real painful to watch and it makes me wonder how anyone thought Jason Smith or Aaron Curry would have been good picks for us.

...and yet yesterday's game was missing the the player we took instead of Smith or Curry.

So, again, I didn't see the game. From what I heard the whole offense was bad (not just Daunte). Do you think Stafford playing would have been the difference?

Maybe Next Year Millen2
10-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Don't know if Stafford would have made a difference. So many factors go into it. Quickly release for Stafford but no run game, receivers couldn't get open and Stafford has never seen an NFL 3-4. Pack D was fired up with Matthews coming out and Bigby back. That int though by C-Pepper was a bad throw, not high enough on the screen to Smith but it was a good play by Cullen Jenkins. That pick changes the game right away. Puts us down 14-0 right away.

Calvin would have had an impact though.

P-L
10-19-2009, 09:26 PM
We wouldn't have won with Stafford, but we wouldn't have gotten shut out. Culpepper and Stanton were terrible. Stafford gives us the best chance to win, and it's really not close.

Brent
11-01-2009, 09:27 PM
despite a complete lack of help from anyone on offense, I thought Matt looked good today.

P-L
11-01-2009, 09:59 PM
I didn't see the game, but from what I heard there were a higher-than-usual amount of dropped passes. Obviously not having Calvin Johnson hurt.

Prowler
11-02-2009, 09:18 AM
that bryant johnson drop on the first drive about killed me. i saw flashes of hope from a great throw, then he dropped it.

P-L
11-15-2009, 04:27 PM
It is mind-boggling how good Stafford has looked when he actually has protection and is able to set his feet and step into his throws. The Lions protected him real well in the second half of today's game and he played awesome. Five (or was it six?) dropped passes really suck though.

Iamcanadian
11-15-2009, 05:11 PM
I believe Detroit will be forced to use their 1st pick on a LT if one ends up rated where we draft. If Stafford doesn't get more protection and continually gets roughed around like he was today, he won't last 3 years in pro football. He simply must be given more protection.

Geason Noceur
11-15-2009, 08:08 PM
The kid took a beating today. He's a tough son of a gun that's for sure.

Scotty D
11-15-2009, 10:36 PM
How many passes did he throw against Seattle? Over 50 today. I don't like that at all. That is how you ruin young QBs. 0 INTS was promising, but I'm debating whether or not I think he should sit.

tblain1
11-16-2009, 10:52 AM
How many passes did he throw against Seattle? Over 50 today. I don't like that at all. That is how you ruin young QBs. 0 INTS was promising, but I'm debating whether or not I think he should sit.

...and another 50 vs. Minnesota

DoWnThEfiElD
11-16-2009, 12:48 PM
It's amazing that we would rather have a QB throw 50 times then rely on our running game. It shows how little faith the coaches have on our RBs. Don't be surprised if we go RB in the draft much earlier than anyone will think we should.

Brothgar
11-16-2009, 02:38 PM
It's amazing that we would rather have a QB throw 50 times then rely on our running game. It shows how little faith the coaches have on our RBs. Don't be surprised if we go RB in the draft much earlier than anyone will think we should.

We can't do that we really can't Smith isn't going to be confused with a top 15 NFL Running back any time soon but what we need is linemen. More specifically a LT.

tblain1
11-16-2009, 03:49 PM

Smith isn't going to light anyone on fire but I think he is adequate with a better line. A better line with make both him and Stafford look a lot better. They gotta retool that thing. Stafford was throwing 50 times because they were playing from behind the the whole game and getting into situations like 2nd and long, 3rd and long.

With the way Minnesota was blitzing, our best play was the screen. RBs were getting stuffed, Stafford had people in his face... so they needed to throw and get rid of the ball fast. A few times the screen worked but it also resulted in Staff getting steamrolled.

God, I hope he doesn't get David Carr'd.

Babylon
11-16-2009, 06:59 PM
We can't do that we really can't Smith isn't going to be confused with a top 15 NFL Running back any time soon but what we need is linemen. More specifically a LT.

I actually thought Backus looked pretty good against Allen yesterday. Peterman and Cherilus not so much.

WMD
11-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah, the right side got dominated.. but they pointed out during the game that we were sliding protection to eliminate Jared Allen.

We will need a new LT though. I guess this is the first year where we benefit from cutting Jeff Backus. I think he'll be gone. We also need a LG and RG.. and a FB and RB too. Siiiiigih...

Babylon
11-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah, the right side got dominated.. but they pointed out during the game that we were sliding protection to eliminate Jared Allen.

We will need a new LT though. I guess this is the first year where we benefit from cutting Jeff Backus. I think he'll be gone. We also need a LG and RG.. and a FB and RB too. Siiiiigih...

Dont forget the defense.

noondog
11-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Dont forget the defense.

Agreed.

Suh / McCoy in the first and hopefully Jason Fox in the second. I think that would be the best way to go right now in the draft.

d34ng3l021
11-23-2009, 01:40 AM
What a game. I know it was against the hopeless Browns, but the performance put down by Stafford has to be damn exciting and completely epic. I don't care who you play, a 422 yard, 5 TD game bringing your team back from 24-3 to win 38-37 is pretty special. I understand it was mostly just getting the ball to the only elite player on the field (Calvin Johnson) when the DET O was on with the CLE D, but Matt made it happen under ridiculous circumstances.

http://missouricolumns.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/matt-stafford.jpg
Awesomeness.

P-L
11-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Yeah, the performance was great. Probably one of, if not, the best I've ever seen from a Lions quarterback.

Babylon
11-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Anyone have his status for thursday? I'm not watching those turkeys without Stafford out there.

Brent
11-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Probably one of, if not, the best I've ever seen from a Lions quarterback.
Yeah, but in your lifetime, there have not been a lot of Lions QBs that have put up impressive performances.

Hurricanes25
11-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Anyone have his status for thursday? I'm not watching those turkeys without Stafford out there.

He is unlikely to play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/23/stafford-unlikely-to-play-on-thanksgiving/

Babylon
11-23-2009, 07:06 PM
He is unlikely to play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/23/stafford-unlikely-to-play-on-thanksgiving/

He didnt look very good at the end of that game that's for sure. I'll turn it on early in the AM thursday (west coast) and if he isnt playing i'll catch one of the local HS games. I'm not subjecting myself to Culpepper thank you.

aNYtitan
11-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Your boy Matty Stafford earned (or should have earned) brownie points with every football fan with what he did versus the Browns. He got cut in half and he willed himself back into the game. Downright impressive

SINCE1978
11-23-2009, 10:08 PM
The kid thinks he is bullet proof. I did too at 21. Much love to Stafford. ;o)

He deserves a nickname. Not sure how the rest of you feel but he also needs to drop the proper name and just be Matt.

Do we remember:
Joseph Montana
Steven Young
Thomas Brady
Jonathan Unitas
Daniel Marino
Joey Harrington (whoops)
Heck no!

What are some solid nicknames for Mr. Matt Stafford Detroit??

Prowler
11-23-2009, 10:24 PM
the one-armed gunslinger
dr. stafford
curse breaker
f*** you millen
huey stafford and the good news lions
mr. miracle
m-jesus
hew-jesus
calvin's pitching machine
mr. 0 seconds
extra time

noondog
11-23-2009, 11:03 PM
optimus prime

WMD
11-23-2009, 11:39 PM
The kid thinks he is bullet proof. I did too at 21. Much love to Stafford. ;o)

He deserves a nickname. Not sure how the rest of you feel but he also needs to drop the proper name and just be Matt.

Do we remember:
Joseph Montana
Steven Young
Thomas Brady
Jonathan Unitas
Daniel Marino
Joey Harrington (whoops)
Heck no!

What are some solid nicknames for Mr. Matt Stafford Detroit??
Ugh I remember someone calling a Lions game during the Harrington era saying something similar. Not entirely sure how serious he was, but he said he should go by "Joe" and change his number from 3 to 7 because you want 7 points, not 3.. or something like that.

LonghornsLegend
11-23-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm almost pissed that Stafford and Calvin will miss Thanksgiving, they were really starting to get some chemistry going, and both were mighty impressive. It wasn't just the stat column, but Stafford toughing it out to come in and throwing the game winning TD to the other rookie had to get you excited about the future. I know it may not of been you guys, but for the fans who were giving Pettigrew and Stafford flack it was nice to see them end the game how they did, the future is very bright in Detroit.

Add some Lineman to give him protection and one more weapon, and I like where Detroit is headed. I just want to see Stafford get some continuity and really get his feet under him and hate that he has to miss a game.

Prowler
11-24-2009, 05:47 AM
yeah they deserve to be on the field for a sold out thanksgiving home game against a banged up (no al harris or kampman) packer team.

how awesome would it be if daunte started, and going into halftime the team was only down 21-14. then all of a sudden they start playing the rocky theme with stafford running out of the tunnel and have the entire stadium erupt. the home field advantage and momentum shift would be insane. it would be like the waterboy winning the bourbon bowl.

which would lead me to two new nicknames: rocky and waterboy

dex
11-24-2009, 11:41 AM
I gotta put this injury on the o-line, they were just standing there while the play was still going on, except for Goz and Smith. Those 2 guys at least tried to make a block.

Just when Stafford started to get comfortable with his injured leg and driving off it he gets injured again.

Can't wait till he comes back, he is what makes watching the lions bearable and somewhat exciting. If he doesn't play, i doubt i'll watch them on thursday.

WMD
11-24-2009, 04:26 PM
The one chance a year that everyone has a chance to see the Lions and our two best players likely aren't gonna play. Why do we always get screwed?? :(

Prowler
11-24-2009, 06:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4685906

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Matthew Stafford sat at his locker, answering and dodging questions about his sore shoulder.

The Detroit Lions quarterback then took off his jersey and displayed a sense of humor.

*lifts left arm near his head*

"Look at that," Stafford joked.

He will have to do more than raise his dislocated left shoulder and throwing arm to get clearance for the Thanksgiving Day game against the Green Bay Packers.

"It's unlikely that he's going to play, but we'll see," Detroit coach Jim Schwartz said. "It's a deal if it gets better in a couple of days and it's not as painful, he'll be able to get out there."

sounds like there's a chance

also cool is stafford is going to be in the hall of fame lol
Stafford's jersey from Sunday was sent to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. And the play might live on in league lore for years because Stafford was wired for sound by NFL Films during the game, making him one of 350-plus players who have done that since 1965. NFL Films president Steve Sabol called it the "most dramatic player wiring ever."

WMD
11-25-2009, 04:14 AM
Awesome. I can't wait to see that.

11-25-2009, 08:12 AM
You don't think that served as extra motivation to play well knowing he'd be mic'd.

That's a must-see for me.

noondog
11-25-2009, 06:41 PM
I just watched a 5 or 6 minute clip of Stafford mic'd up...it was freakin amazing! The Lions have a very bright future...VERY bright.

WMD
11-25-2009, 06:47 PM
I just watched a 5 or 6 minute clip of Stafford mic'd up...it was freakin amazing! The Lions have a very bright future...VERY bright.
Where at??

noondog
11-25-2009, 07:20 PM
nfl homepage under videos

WMD
11-25-2009, 07:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8147c551/Sound-FX-Matthew-Stafford-mic-d-up

Awesome stuff!

LonghornsLegend
11-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Where at??

Really though, link please!

No but I'm really happy for the guy after he got some flack from some impatient Lions fans, no QB was going to step onto this team and turn them around instantly, but the talent he has is starting to show though and I'm pretty upset I won't get to see him play.

P-L
11-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Stafford sucks. We should've taken Aaaaronnzzzzz Curryzzzz!!!!!

dex
11-25-2009, 08:04 PM

LOL

I still remember all those people chanting Curry's name when they unveiled the new unis.

Bunch of retards.

WMD
11-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey what about Jason Smith?? Look at how awesome the Rams are doing!

Saints-Tigers
11-26-2009, 02:38 AM
That was freaking amazing. I love how he kept ******* with Shaun Rogers.

Saying it now, best young QB in the game. He has the brightest future of them all IMO.

wicket
11-26-2009, 04:04 AM
That was freaking amazing. I love how he kept ******* with Shaun Rogers.

Saying it now, best young QB in the game. He has the brightest future of them all IMO.

exactly this.

well also add how he used other players as a screen to get away from the docters on that last play

LonghornsLegend
11-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Now I'm reading Stafford will start, if that offensive line has any respect for themselves they will give 110% and not let him get drove into the ground repeatedly this game to make matters worse.

Silver & Blue
11-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Now I'm reading Stafford will start, if that offensive line has any respect for themselves they will give 110% and not let him get drove into the ground repeatedly this game to make matters worse.

Yep, I'm reading that to. Here is the link: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/11/source_rookie_quarterback_matt.html

Matthew Stafford has alot of guts play only four days after separating his shoulder. Something that I am thankful for though.

noondog
11-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah, sorry for not posting the actual link. I'm a relative newbie on here and not sure of the rules as to what sites you can post links to and which ones you can't. My bad.

Prowler
11-26-2009, 01:05 PM

backus is the most worthless POS in the league. didn't even touch that packer on the hail mary attempt at end of half. i can't wait until he's gone.

tblain1
11-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey what about Jason Smith?? Look at how awesome the Rams are doing!

Have we handed out draft grades already? Stafford is looking ok, but he hasn't resurrected the dead yet. And if we don't get him protected so he has a chance to develop further he will have been a wasted pick.

So I do admit that he looks like the right pick (despite the fact that I wanted the Lions to go in a different direction)... but my skepticism on Stafford was whether we would be able to build a team to protect our investment. The next few years are crucial and the next few drafts are key.

WMD
11-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Have we handed out draft grades already? Stafford is looking ok, but he hasn't resurrected the dead yet. And if we don't get him protected so he has a chance to develop further he will have been a wasted pick.

So I do admit that he looks like the right pick (despite the fact that I wanted the Lions to go in a different direction)... but my skepticism on Stafford was whether we would be able to build a team to protect our investment. The next few years are crucial and the next few drafts are key.
I'm not saying Jason Smith is a bust or anything like that. It's just that most people opposed to drafting Stafford wanted to draft Jason Smith because he'd help us out immediately. Jason Smith's Rams have 1 win, which says something different about that immediate help he was supposed to bring.

Babylon
11-30-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm not saying Jason Smith is a bust or anything like that. It's just that most people opposed to drafting Stafford wanted to draft Jason Smith because he'd help us out immediately. Jason Smith's Rams have 1 win, which says something different about that immediate help he was supposed to bring.

Who wanted the Lions to draft Smith? The only alternatives i saw were Curry or Sanchez and maybe Andre Smith.

Addict
11-30-2009, 06:30 PM
So how's our boy looking in the games? His stats aren't great but I guess no big surprise since he's a rookie and playing with... well OUR offense ;).

SINCE1978
11-30-2009, 09:54 PM
they must continue to support him with talent ... both sides of the ball. HE is the franchise so get him players. (including on D to get him field position & to stop ... oh say, anybody)

Scotty D
02-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Gawt damn
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2010/02/stafford3.jpg
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2010/02/stafford6.jpg
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2010/02/stafford4.jpg
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2010/02/stafford5.jpg

LonghornsLegend
02-02-2010, 09:13 AM

She must be from Georgia, down south thickness. Daaamn.

Prowler
02-02-2010, 01:37 PM
does anybody doubt that stafford is a winner? i wish i lived someplace besides michigan...like texas.

cotts1
02-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Very nice....good to see our star QB likes women and not playing piano and consuming strawberries and champagne......

tblain1
02-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Very nice....good to see our star QB likes women and not playing piano and consuming strawberries and champagne......

The guy could be into donkeys and banjos for all I care. As long as he moves the ball and finds open receivers in the end zone I don't care (within reason of the law) what he does in his spare time.

I better watch myself...I almost said "I don't care if he tortures puppies." Had to reel that one back in.

MATTYxICE
02-22-2010, 08:17 AM
He will break his leg in 24 places during the Pre-Season.

Prowler
02-22-2010, 12:05 PM

i'm blaming you, matt millen, and osama if that happens. then again he'd probably play through it.

i would personally never leave my mansion since he's obviously a walking playboy party.

cotts1
02-22-2010, 04:16 PM
The guy could be into donkeys and banjos for all I care. As long as he moves the ball and finds open receivers in the end zone I don't care (within reason of the law) what he does in his spare time.

I better watch myself...I almost said "I don't care if he tortures puppies." Had to reel that one back in.

Right, I mean on a personal level I could careless (cept about the puppies, i luuuuuuv puppies). Although, it's nice to see our QB endear himself to his teammates and bond on some level. Joey ballgame never did that. Which, I believe, was a contributing factor in him being a bust as an NFL QB....

cotts1
02-22-2010, 04:21 PM

Did Stafford sleep with your girl or something? You seem to have something against him.....

Geason Noceur
02-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Is Stafford leading the dream life of every 22-year old guy or what?

http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/eli-manning-hooters-superbowl.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uc0eWQVYfVA/S2iW5ItmvqI/AAAAAAAAAMg/u-6bGPRtAMg/s400/matthairaction.jpg

The g-friend is the second from left. The one in blue.
http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/45477/2434513230101237950S425x425Q85.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN_GZrMraOE

WMD
02-23-2010, 02:01 AM
Why is Stafford hanging out with Eli Manning and Jon Gruden? They are bad influences!

Brothgar
03-12-2010, 11:02 AM
UV_FURkUxYE

tblain1
03-15-2010, 10:38 AM
UV_FURkUxYE

Is it just me or does it look like Staff will be bald age 28? He has sort of a goofy combover looking thing.

Addict
03-15-2010, 10:51 AM
I think half his weight is concentated in the lower part of his head.

03-15-2010, 11:03 AM
I think I'm finally going to subscribe to this thread. I want moar!

Prowler
03-15-2010, 12:56 PM
some of my favorites that aren't in this thread made into a nice little montage

this is how matthew stafford enjoys his free time.
http://thesportsunion.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/matt-stafford-boobs.jpg

if anybody has a problem with it, then this is from matthew stafford
http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2009/07/custom_1248982385070_5815_788289115180_4923064_492 71825_6910511_n_1_.jpg

but don't worry about his dedication. he always gives his fans what they want
http://readandreact.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/stafford_to.jpg

nobody should doubt his guts and ability to perform in any circumstance
http://cache-03.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2009/07/custom_1248982402920_5815_788299998370_4923064_492 72586_1609191_n_2_.jpg

because he's already a legend
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee355/customsportscovers/Madden/MattStafford10Cover.png
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/2177607/1024/Madden-10/Matt-Stafford.png

sorry those pics are huge but i left them big in case you wanted to print them out for a new cover.

LonghornsLegend
03-15-2010, 01:45 PM
This is turning into my favorite thread pretty easily :D:D Must be nice to be the #1 overall pick and have 30+ million right off the bat, I can only imagine....

Scotty D
03-15-2010, 02:02 PM
This is turning into my favorite thread pretty easily :D:D Must be nice to be the #1 overall pick and have 30+ million right off the bat, I can only imagine....

blue dress haha, def blue dress

Geason Noceur
03-15-2010, 06:42 PM
I think I'm finally going to subscribe to this thread. I want moar!

Ask and you shall receive. I digged out a few more. The first one is from his Georgia days and others are of his gf and are fairly recent. It looks like his gf really likes to flaunt her a... hmm... assets.

http://inlinethumb19.webshots.com/43986/2733778970101237950S425x425Q85.jpg (http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2733778970101237950plszcP)

http://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/43708/2115454990101237950S500x500Q85.jpg (http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2115454990101237950pWBlqv)

http://inlinethumb53.webshots.com/41972/2697267700101237950S425x425Q85.jpg (http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2697267700101237950oiNIVA)

http://inlinethumb14.webshots.com/36941/2935132060101237950S500x500Q85.jpg (http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2935132060101237950qqnVSx)

Addict
03-15-2010, 06:47 PM
this thread is so amazingly mammaryble

Geason Noceur
03-15-2010, 07:36 PM
One last pic. This the most recent one. Stafford spent last week vacationing in Mexico. He should be well rested for OTA's this week. LOL

http://inlinethumb25.webshots.com/14744/2323885710101237950S500x500Q85.jpg (http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2323885710101237950ueVPIM)

Addict
03-15-2010, 07:38 PM
One last pic. This the most recent one. Stafford spent last week vacationing in Mexico. He should be well rested for OTA's this week. LOL

http://inlinethumb25.webshots.com/14744/2323885710101237950S500x500Q85.jpg (http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2323885710101237950ueVPIM)

I would not be rested if I had a week in mexico with that fine blonde. That's a whole different kind of sacking than he's used to playing QB I'll tell you that.

Halsey
03-15-2010, 07:43 PM

Joey isn't doing too bad either
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04gd6J80zA6on/610x.jpg

His wife

Addict
03-15-2010, 07:46 PM
maybe Joey is as good a person as he wasn't a quarterback?

Geason Noceur
03-15-2010, 07:48 PM
I would not be rested if I had a week in mexico with that fine blonde. That's a whole different kind of sacking than he's used to playing QB I'll tell you that.

I guess the sarcasm didn't come across in my post. I should have used a smiley face at least, but they don't seem to be working on this forum for me.

Prowler
03-15-2010, 08:24 PM

http://nicepickcowher.com/files/2009/10/stafford-hot-blonde1.jpg

when i open this thread i want to see at least this on the current page. and i'm half tempted to call this the kelly hall thread.

diesel
03-16-2010, 12:11 AM
I think this has become the official I envy Matt Stafford thread.

SINCE1978
03-16-2010, 02:10 PM
I just read on PFT Stafford has been in touch with the FO & coaches about FA acquisitions this off season! Wow, really?

He called Burleson to lobby for his services etc ... kid does it all!

By the way, Esqurie magazine has a beautiful women bracket (like march madness) & "Matt Stafford's girlfriend" was seeded. Vote now! (ha!)

no bare feet
03-16-2010, 02:13 PM
I read that as well and it makes me happy.

Prowler
03-16-2010, 02:17 PM
http://www.esquire.com/women/the-sexiest-woman-alive/bracket-tournament/matt-stafford-girlfriend-vs-scott-podsednik-wife

60%-40% kelly hall is winning.

Geason Noceur
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
I thought this belonged in this thread. I don't know how to embed so all you get is a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBWOZD__IN0&feature=player_embedded

Silver & Blue
04-23-2010, 01:25 PM
I thought this belonged in this thread. I don't know how to embed so all you get is a link.

Haha, that was awesome!

Prowler
04-23-2010, 01:42 PM

xBWOZD__IN0[/youtub e]
delete the space between the e

[youtube]xBWOZD__IN0

jimmy is gaining in my book, he's been doing a lot of promoting for detroit lately.

Prowler
04-23-2010, 01:46 PM
http://www.esquire.com/women/the-sexiest-woman-alive/2010-list-round-two/matt-staffords-girlfriend-vs-tanith-belbin

kelly hall is losing 54-46 right now. still close and voting appears to still be open.

Geason Noceur
04-23-2010, 04:57 PM
http://www.esquire.com/women/the-sexiest-woman-alive/2010-list-round-two/matt-staffords-girlfriend-vs-tanith-belbin

kelly hall is losing 54-46 right now. still close and voting appears to still be open.

Since you mentioned Miss Hall, I thought it would be remiss not to post another pic of her.

http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/18086/2762434250101237950S600x600Q85.jpg

LonghornsLegend
04-23-2010, 05:00 PM
I want Kelly Hall to be my friend on Facebook. I also want this thread to live forever.

georgiafan
09-13-2010, 03:27 PM
looks like the inj isnt serious and might just miss a game or two

Addict
09-13-2010, 03:56 PM
looks like the inj isnt serious and might just miss a game or two

grade II sprain I read. That's not too bad.

I really hope they can get him to follow a few courses on how to take a fall, because this might become a real problem down the line.

For now, he'll miss a few games... meh wasn't like we were gonna win them anyways.

no bare feet
02-04-2011, 02:38 PM
I miss Matt Stafford

LonghornsLegend
02-04-2011, 05:45 PM
I miss new Kelly Hall pics.

Prowler
02-04-2011, 06:03 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2664/95/19/1125060313/n1125060313_30483637_5845436.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2664/95/19/1125060313/n1125060313_30483632_4903434.jpg

You are welcome. Who's the man?

SINCE1978
04-14-2011, 05:36 AM
http://www.detnews.com/article/20110413/SPORTS0101/104130453/1126/sports/Lions-QB-Matthew-Stafford-set-to-throw-passes-at-halftime-of-UGA-spring-game

Not sure how I feel about this but Stafford throwing at UGA Spring game Saturday during a halftime fund raiser.

DrunkenLament
04-14-2011, 04:55 PM
http://www.detnews.com/article/20110413/SPORTS0101/104130453/1126/sports/Lions-QB-Matthew-Stafford-set-to-throw-passes-at-halftime-of-UGA-spring-game

Not sure how I feel about this but Stafford throwing at UGA Spring game Saturday during a halftime fund raiser.

What do we really have to lose by him throwing? I mean if he somehow manages to hurt himself its pretty much a forgone conclusion hes officially a china doll, and if he doesn't hurt himself than its not a big deal.

Prowler
04-15-2011, 05:49 AM
as long as he doesn't lose to Eric Zeier. i want to see him break some random dude's hand with a fastball.

georgiafan
09-26-2011, 08:48 AM
anyone still want jason smith over stafford?

no bare feet
09-26-2011, 08:52 AM
I think he will be amazing. Anyone else agree? : )

I want a minute by minute update as to what is going on with his life. I heard he is doing quite well during camp, but that is just camp. Good news is better than no news.

How awesome is he?

SRogers92
09-26-2011, 10:57 AM

Most wanted Aaron Curry :p

Prowler
09-26-2011, 01:22 PM
If not Stafford, then I had wanted Orakpo or Raji.

Xiomera
09-26-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm a proud member of the Matt Stafford bandwaggon since Day 1.

: )

Babylon
09-26-2011, 01:56 PM

Or Aaron Curry. My third favorite prospect ever after John Elway and Jake Locker, love what's going on there in motown.

georgiafan
09-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Or Aaron Curry. My third favorite prospect ever after John Elway and Jake Locker, love what's going on there in motown.

I remember many of debates of me and u being the only ones here defending stafford

Brothgar
09-26-2011, 03:39 PM
I remember many of debates of me and u being the only ones here defending stafford

I think mine was BJ Raji and a 2nd round LT.

no bare feet
09-27-2011, 07:12 AM
I thought Matt Stafford was the no brainer and I will stand by that until the day I die.

Brothgar
09-27-2011, 09:28 AM
I thought Matt Stafford was the no brainer and I will stand by that until the day I die.

I knew he was a great prospect but I thought the O-Line would give him the David Carr treatment.

Iamcanadian
09-29-2011, 11:16 AM
I had some concerns about Stafford accuracy but he has long put those to rest. I firmly believe in the golden rule 'that if you don't have a franchise QB, you draft a potential one if given the opportunity'. You don't put it off for any other reason and you keep drafting QB's till you get it right.

no bare feet
01-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Thoughts on Matt's season? Pretty amazing overall.

Prowler
01-03-2012, 09:50 AM
He's been greater than my wildest dreams. I was concerned about the hits that he was taking earlier in his career. I thought that although he had a shaky oline, it was mostly due to horrible presnap recognition by Stafford. Stafford has greatly improved in that area and at times has looked unstoppable due to knowing his matchups and executing the throws. I had a few issues with his accuracy in a couple games, but absolutely no complaints. His throws are a thing of beauty.

421 Completions 663 Attempts 5,038 Yards 63.5% 7.60 YPA 41 TDs 16Ints 97.2 Rating 36 Sacks

He led the league in Attempts(how about that for being injury prone?), 2nd in completions, 5th in completion %, 3rd in Yards, 3rd in TDs, 5th in Rating. The 36 sacks are high, but guess what? Aaron Rodgers had 36 sacks as well.

In my mind the QB hierarchy at this moment goes Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton at top in some order. I'd put Stafford and Eli in that next tier battling for 5th place. Stafford won that battle this year.

As he continues to develop, I want to see his sack numbers drop to the 20s and the interceptions late in games to go away. 16 interceptions is still a very respectable number for leading the league in passing attempts. All the skills are there, its just polishing time. Stability on our coaching staff will enable him to challenge Aaron Rodgers and replace Manning/Brady in that top tier after a few more seasons.

georgiafan
01-03-2012, 09:58 AM
It's been a great year for stafford and everyone can breath a little easier when it comes to Stafford. The beauty of a true franchise QB is that he hides the flaws of the offense. One of the worst running games in the NFL and a average OL. Even if the lions gets blown at in the playoffs now you are more attractable to free agents and still have draft picks.

Scotty D
02-11-2012, 11:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNMcwBlqFac&feature=player_embedded

A good highlight video of Stafford's season.

no bare feet
10-02-2012, 12:50 PM
What's happening with Mattheww??!??!

Maybe This Year Mayhew
10-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Lions lead the league in passing yards and Stafford his best completion percentage of his career right now. Redzone not the same this year though with 4 passing and 1 rushing TD to 4 ints(but zero the last 2 games after 3 ints then 1). Drops and pressure in the redzone are more to blame IMO though and for the losses special teams(Min/Ten) and poor defense(San Fran/Titans 2 big plays).

27 against the Rams, 27 before injury against the Titans, 19 is tough against the 49ers, Lions scored 19 last year against San Fran and then Minnesota drops and redzone pressure on a 300 yard day.

boknows34
07-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Matthew Stafford is about to sign a three-year extension reportedly worth $53 million, including $41.5 million guaranteed. The deal reportedly includes a $27.5 million signing bonus, and will net Stafford $76.5 million between now and 2017. The extension should be officially announced within the next 48 hours.

BallerT1215
07-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I would like to say I am a Matty Staff lover. That is all.

Prowler
07-09-2013, 06:45 PM
and football is only the 2nd best thing in his life.

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Kelly-Hall-Boat-Bikini-Pic.jpg
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Kelly-Hall-Keg-Picture.jpg
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/hall-500x502.jpg

...lucky bastard.

Brothgar
07-09-2013, 08:10 PM
The girl is hot don't get me wrong but ... I'd take the 71 million dollars

Prowler
07-09-2013, 08:56 PM
A939QRRSNV4

Nastradamus
01-22-2014, 07:07 PM
I wonder if a QB has ever had a 3 year stretch, before turning 26, of 14,500 yards and 90 TDs.

I also wonder if people realize that Stafford is already probably better than Eli at any point in his career.

Food for thought.

Iamcanadian
01-22-2014, 09:35 PM
I wonder if a QB has ever had a 3 year stretch, before turning 26, of 14,500 yards and 90 TDs.

I also wonder if people realize that Stafford is already probably better than Eli at any point in his career.

Food for thought.

Eli took the Giants, a team about as talented as Detroit, to 2 Super Bowl wins. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'll take wins over stats every day of the year.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
01-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Eli took the Giants, a team about as talented as Detroit, to 2 Super Bowl wins. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'll take wins over stats every day of the year.

Eli's defenses produced better than Detroit's 2013. Equal talent or not.

Eli's 2007 was very poor. Nice playoff run 6 TDs and 1 int and 60.5%

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/5526/year/2007/eli-manning

Stafford did have a similar year to Eli 2007. It was 2012 20 TDs(plus 4 rushing) and 17 ints and the Lions went 4-12.

Eli's 2011 was better. 29 TDs though, which Stafford matched this season. 31 turnovers from the Giants D though, Detroit only had 22 in 2013. And a very nice 9 TD and 1 int playoff run for Eli. I think Stafford could go on a run like that in the playoffs. Had a very nice game in his lone playoff game but the Saints offense in the Super Dome was just too much for the Lions injury riddled secondary.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/5526/year/2011/eli-manning

Iamcanadian
01-24-2014, 02:19 AM
What is more important is that Stafford hasn't improved one iota the last 2 years which is why we are switching HC's, in hopes that there is still another level he can reach. Only time will tell if he has that higher level in him or what you have seen is what you will continue to get. Of course, we are all hoping for the former.

detroit4life
01-24-2014, 09:02 AM
What is more important is that Stafford hasn't improved one iota the last 2 years which is why we are switching HC's, in hopes that there is still another level he can reach. Only time will tell if he has that higher level in him or what you have seen is what you will continue to get. Of course, we are all hoping for the former.

Agreed, he is the same QB he was 3 years ago and that's an issue. We gave him a running game and a safety read with Bush and that didn't elevate his game any further. His mental lapses haven't changed and nothing has improved in a considerable amount of time.

Cross our fingers.

Nastradamus
01-25-2014, 10:29 AM
It shoudl also be pointed out that his INT% over those 14,500 yards,90 TDs and over 2000 attempts was 2.6. That is equal to Brees and Manning's career rates, which were both greatly lowered in their later years.

Another big factor IMO is that even when QBs get by with lesser WRs(which is very rare unless you are Brady), they are with these guys in the offseason, in camp and in practice every day. The last 2 years Stafford lost his 2nd and 3rd WRs pretty quickly into the season and in 2012 his 4th as well. You can't just plug guys, especially street bums, into your offense and expect things to go smoothly. Not to mention losing Best in 2012 as well.

Nastradamus
01-25-2014, 10:31 AM
Agreed, he is the same QB he was 3 years ago and that's an issue. We gave him a running game and a safety read with Bush and that didn't elevate his game any further. His mental lapses haven't changed and nothing has improved in a considerable amount of time.

Cross our fingers.

We also gave him the league's worst TEs and WRs(beyond Calvin obviously) and that safety read missed 2 games, dropped 10 balls and fumbled 5 more. We also never found a way to get Bush and Bell on the field together, so we always had 3 weak spots out of 5. Plus Calvin was so ineffective down the stretch, for his standards.

Iamcanadian
01-25-2014, 11:58 AM
It's my opinion that true great QB's can get by with weaker WR's and still make them look good. So Stafford still has something to prove. It is also my opinion that the Lions quit playing hard for Schwartz which could have impacted Stafford's performances.

I think we all believe that this season could be special and are hoping that Stafford really benefits from the coaching changes, I don't know how tough our schedule will be but I'll be hugely disappointed if we don't make a strong SB run. Enough with the excuses, produce or we'll be looking at a rebuild, it's now or never IMO.

Nastradamus
01-25-2014, 02:02 PM
I haven't seen much evidence of it in my time, but

Anyways, I don't have a problem if Stafford can't do such a thing. He's not a guy you pay to throw bubble screens and slants to slot WRs all day long. You pay him to throw downfield and give you a feared passing game. Not that there is anything wrong with the former, but its not what Stafford is. He's not a run a system guy. I want him to be the guy who gets the most out of good weapons, not the guy who can get David Givens to give him 50 catches. Just about every other QB has shown they need strong weapons, not sure why STafford can't have the same as what guys like Rodgers,Brees,Ryan,Romo and both Mannings have had. I'd say he has similar weapons to someone like Wilson(in different distribution though) and he is asked to throw 225 more passes a season.

Nastradamus
10-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Never realized Stafford was #1 in NFL history in ypg. I know, I know, everyone hates yards. Still interesting.

georgiafan
10-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Great comeback for stafford and company for his 13th game winning td drive