PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Jones to an NFC West team rumor

D-Unit
08-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Which team do you think it is? Do you think it'll happen? If so, when?

...anyone else think Shonn Greene could be the best fantasy RB rookie?

HawkeyeFan
08-12-2009, 03:45 PM
I have some "hopes" that it COULD be St. Louis.

Think about it, We have Steven Jackson, and then ... Kenneth Darby, Antonio Pittman, Chris Obgonoya, and Samkon Gado.

Billy Deaveny, Steve Spagnuolo and Pat Shurmur are going to be running a POWER running game. Thomas Jones is a power runner, and our star Steven Jackson is a power runner. Jones could take some carries when Jackson goes out for a breather, and we could do a running back by committee approach like Carolina, Tennessee, and whoever else.

Jackson has been working at running routes a bit too.

Image this this set-up.

WR - Jackson || TE McMichael || LT Barron | LG Bell | C Jason Brown | RG Incognito | RT J. Smith || WR Avery
.................................................. ..........................QB Bulger
.................................................. ..........................FB Karney
.................................................. ..........................RB T. Jones

That's some power right there.

bearsfan_51
08-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Thomas Jones is not a power runner. He's a cutback runner.

HawkeyeFan
08-12-2009, 03:49 PM

He's got some power, even so. He could still spell Jackson.

ShutDwn
08-12-2009, 03:51 PM

I didn't know where Greene went, but I had a feeling that a team would be very happy with him. He runs so hard, I was an opposing fan, but I had to admire his ability seeing him live.

TACKLE
08-12-2009, 03:52 PM
I think Seattle would be the most likely place. Their new OC Greg Knapp is very run orientated and they need an upgrade over Julius Jones and TJ Duckett. Jones would be a good fit and he could come in a be the starter right away. Jones is a full-time back, something neither Jones or Duckett is.

ToldLikeItIs
08-12-2009, 03:55 PM
and Bearsfan continues to fume..

Who called Greene last year? This guy.

HawkeyeFan
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
and Bearsfan continues to fume..

Who called Greene last year? This guy.

No, it was this guy.

bearsfan_51
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Why would I fume?

You said Shonn Greene would be a high 2nd round pick. You were wrong. I was right. Again.

CashmoneyDrew
08-12-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm more interested to find out what the Jets will get in return. Perhaps a WR? Or just draft picks as usual?

Vikes99ej
08-12-2009, 04:02 PM
I would guess Seattle. Lol Julius Jones and Thomas Jones

TACKLE
08-12-2009, 04:08 PM
I would guess Seattle. Lol Julius Jones and Thomas Jones

I didn't even think of that. How rattled would Julius be if Thomas came in a stole his starting spot.

diabsoule
08-12-2009, 04:09 PM

I think he can be which is why I took him in your war league.

A Perfect Score
08-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Oh thank god, please be true. I own Shonn Greene and Leon Washington in my Dynasty League. Come on, trade him! Trade him!

Hurricanes25
08-12-2009, 04:45 PM
I just read somewhere that it is a false rumor but if its true, Seattle seems like a good fit for him.

D-Unit
08-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I think Arizona can't be ruled out. Wells is always injured. I know it's his old team, but there's a new regime there with no memory of his past.

Biggest concern would be who is going to pick up the rest of his contract. $20M left or something???

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-12-2009, 05:07 PM

Spot on, spot on. He does have some power to him, but I agree with Bearfan_51's assessment.

I'm very interested to see if this is true...

LonghornsLegend
08-12-2009, 05:09 PM
I have thought for awhile it's Seattle for or including Deion Branch, I honestly don't think it could be another team other then Seattle.

Staubach12
08-12-2009, 05:21 PM
I think he'll be working with his brother in Seattle.

Brent
08-12-2009, 06:28 PM
The only team in the division that even makes sense is Seattle.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-12-2009, 08:30 PM
why the hell would we want Branch?!? OVERRATED

Smooth Criminal
08-12-2009, 08:34 PM
I think Arizona would be a good fit. Wells can't carry the load by himself. Hes always getting hurt.

derza222
08-13-2009, 01:40 AM
I think Arizona can't be ruled out. Wells is always injured. I know it's his old team, but there's a new regime there with no memory of his past.

Biggest concern would be who is going to pick up the rest of his contract. $20M left or something???

Actually not a major concern. He's playing this year for next to nothing (900k in base salary, he counts for 2.5 million against the cap for the Jets) and he's going to be cut after this season in all likelihood because it'll result in significant cap savings (7.4 mill against the cap, 5.9 of which will be saved by cutting him) and it's the last year of his contract. So he's got like 10 million against the cap for 2 more years, but it's really just this year.

Don't think this happens, though if it does Shonn Greene would definitely be a fantasy monster. Also would be curious to see if it's for picks or a WR, I'd imagine since nobody is going to trade a legit WR for Jones and it wouldn't be that much of an upgrade the trade woudl be for picks.

fenikz
08-13-2009, 02:05 AM

I don't see it being AZ, we dont have the cap space and Hightower and Wells are good options

derza222
08-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Not that it makes this impossible, but Rex Ryan just vehemently shot down these rumors. Just something to add to the equation of whether or not this is going to happen.