PDA

View Full Version : Change of Plans

YAYareaRB
08-12-2009, 04:41 PM
As most of you know I was supposed to go to Idaho State University on full ride scholarship. In fact, I'm on the fall roster #65. But, anywho in order for that to happen I had to pass this out of state math class (most of you might remember that I needed money fast to pay for it). Well I didn't pay it off. I was planning on paying for it after the course like I do at my junior college. WRONG CHOICE.

Not only did I do all the work for nothing, I got dropped from the class. The weird thing about it was when I would email the teacher about my grade, he would answer back as if I was registered in the class and even gave me my grades on two tests. So I'm screwed.

Not exactly.. I got a preferred walk on spot to the University of Utah and I also want to try out for BYU. I just gotta pay for this class re take it and be done and in shape by spring time. I know, booo walk ons but hopefully I can earn a schollie. The odds are against me on this one and ****** up BIG TIME! but I still gotta try. Sorry to those of you whom I disappointed... no wait, **** YOU! and **** YOUR EXPECTATIONS hahahaha

jballa838
08-12-2009, 04:44 PM
As most of you know I was supposed to go to Idaho State University on full ride scholarship. In fact, I'm on the fall roster #65. But, anywho in order for that to happen I had to pass this out of state math class (most of you might remember that I needed money fast to pay for it). Well I didn't pay it off. I was planning on paying for it after the course like I do at my junior college. WRONG CHOICE.

Not only did I do all the work for nothing, I got dropped from the class. The weird thing about it was when I would email the teacher about my grade, he would answer back as if I was registered in the class and even gave me my grades on two tests. So I'm screwed.

Not exactly.. I got a preferred walk on spot to the University of Utah and I also want to try out for BYU. I just gotta pay for this class re take it and be done and in shape by spring time. I know, booo walk ons but hopefully I can earn a schollie. The odds are against me on this one and ****** up BIG TIME! but I still gotta try. Sorry to those of you whom I disappointed... no wait, **** YOU! and **** YOUR EXPECTATIONS hahahaha
hahaha well if it makes you feel better, I didnt even visit ISU. I am going to UVU so you can kick it in my apartment if you try out for byu

yourfavestoner
08-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Wow, sounds like you need to kick back and smoke a beedie.

YAYareaRB
08-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Wow, sounds like you need to kick back and smoke a beedie.

Check! lol

YAYareaRB
08-12-2009, 04:57 PM
hahaha well if it makes you feel better, I didnt even visit ISU. I am going to UVU so you can kick it in my apartment if you try out for byu

I think I'm gonna stay with my brother in Provo for a while, while I finish up this class. If UVU has a testing center, I'll be there lol

TACKLE
08-12-2009, 05:27 PM
That sucks. Sorry to here your ISU thing didn't workout. Seems like everything that could of gone wrong went wrong. You can only go up from here. If you could make it on the team at Utah or BYU, that'd be sick but it would probably be pretty expensive your first year without a scholarship. If I'm not mistaken, in Div 1A (or FBS) only out give full scholarships or nothing or would it be possible to get some kind of partial scholarship? How many years of eligiblility do you have left? And if you made it at BYU or Utah, could/would you redshirt your first year?

Best of luck on pursuing your goal of play university football. Just stay focused and keep working hard at it and things should work themselves out.

D-Unit
08-12-2009, 05:31 PM
You were too good for ISU anyways. Go for it man! Hope you get that scholarship. Have you tried for other scholarships other than just for football?

Brent
08-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Utah would be a better place to go to school anyway.

StackJaxx
08-12-2009, 07:20 PM
i feel you with this, i got my offer pulled to Chaminade and now i am walking on (hopefully) at Dominican.
trust me kuz, you can pull through this ******** and make it, the Utes are the school and you can hella make it.

CJSchneider
08-12-2009, 09:32 PM
I don't care where you go bro, I just want to watch you play, and be able to say "I know that guy, that's my dawg!"

Shahin
08-13-2009, 05:08 AM
I don't care where you go bro, I just want to watch you play, and be able to say "I know that guy, that's my dawg!"

http://www.primotees.com/men/catalogimages/youre_my_boy_blue.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGS6najMzjI

YAYareaRB
08-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks for all the support guys. For those who were wondering, I have 3 years to play 2 with one red shirt year not used yet.

ChezPower4
08-13-2009, 12:12 PM
It may work out for the best. Idaho is a really lame state, I lived there for too damn long and I'm never going back.

YAYareaRB
08-13-2009, 02:37 PM
It may work out for the best. Idaho is a really lame state, I lived there for too damn long and I'm never going back.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Utah is a carbon copy but at least I'll be around family.. and I MEAN LOTS OF FAMILY! lol

ChezPower4
08-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure Utah is a carbon copy but at least I'll be around family.. and I MEAN LOTS OF FAMILY! lol

Utah is a little better but only because they have Salt Lake City.

YAYareaRB
08-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Utah is a little better but only because they have Salt Lake City.

Yeah I had some wild nights in SLC lol

KCJ58
08-13-2009, 03:47 PM
I hope all works out for you my friend

CC.SD
08-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Walking on at Utah sounds like a better option anyway. Head over there and get cheated out of a shot at the championship like a man.

LizardState
08-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Sorry to hear it YAY, I knew you were psyched to play college ball this Fall.

Go for the Utah walk-on & the redshirt freshman yr, it's the path of least resistance. You would face more academic resistance I think from BYU

YAYareaRB
08-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Sorry to hear it YAY, I knew you were psyched to play college ball this Fall.

Go for the Utah walk-on & the redshirt freshman yr, it's the path of least resistance. You would face more academic resistance I think from BYU

Yeah BYU is academically a strong school. I just gotta work and hope lol