PDA

View Full Version : 1st pick

leroyisgod
03-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Working on a mock draft and now I'm kind of clueless as to whom you'll draft with #2. Originally thought it would be Thomas and then thought Gaines Adams. Now I'm inclined to say Peterson. I could use some insight from Lions fans.

Pocket
03-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Well, it obviously depends on who went number one, and who else we bring in during free agency.

If the draft was today, and we stayed where we are, I'd like Gaines Adams.

TacticaLion
03-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes, although there's a 95% chance the Lions will trade down... GAdams would be the pick at #2. Marinelli wants to build his defense, and they've improved each offensive position in question in the offseason.

I'd choose GAdams, then Harris (or the top CB available) in round 2 for your mock. Be sure to fill MLB, DE and CB and you'll get praise from most Lions fans.

Xiomera
03-09-2007, 03:04 PM
At #2, Detroit will look at Thomas, Johnson, and Adams . . . not Peterson, and not Quinn/Russell.

leroyisgod
03-09-2007, 03:28 PM
At #2, Detroit will look at Thomas, Johnson, and Adams . . . not Peterson, and not Quinn/Russell.

Why would you go Thomas after picking up Foster?

Xiomera
03-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Because Foster may be viewed more as a Guard, and we have a need there too . . . Denver wouldn't have traded him had they thought he were a legitimate starter or were completely happy with him.

reinar
04-10-2007, 04:14 AM
we have no need at OG now, we picked up 2, foster and backus will be starting OT, but thomas would or could easily push one of them out, allowing for foster to play backup to both OG/OT spots.

peterson isnt on the radar I dont see
Cj maybe and could work but Defense is the key, and I thin marinelli is going to push it that way.

i wouldnt be surprised one bit to see 8/9 defense players, and a QB in 3/4th.

Addict
04-10-2007, 05:21 AM

I guess cause Foster is a bum compared to Thomas.

Jagonsucker
04-10-2007, 09:41 AM
plus we got Foster for a 1 year deal so Detroits not looking to him for the long term answer...Id go with Thomas

Lions-Slappy
04-10-2007, 11:29 AM
I still think that Thomas is the pick, as much as we will want to trade down it just doesnt happen very often and I dont see Millen doing anything smart :) , if not Thomas pencil in Adams.

reinar
04-11-2007, 02:45 AM
I am going to stick to my guns. lots of guys could work, CJ, Thomas, Adams, Heck, even Russell could work.

Lion's trade down, at least once, if not 2-3 times.

Draft: Patrick Willis, MLB (5-10th pick)